• Overall
    4.5 /5
    4.4 /5

About Greenhouse

As the fastest-growing hiring platform in the industry, Greenhouse delivers a complete solution to help companies hire for what's next

Learn more about Greenhouse

Chakkrit L.
People Technology Junior Analyst
Information Technology & Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/04/2021

"Greenhouse Recruitment, a powerful recruiting tool with minor limitations"

Comments: The problem that Greenhouse is solving for us is by serving as a recruitment platform. All candidates will flow into this system in which the recruiter will screen, move the candidates between stage to be able to track in what stage the candidate is in now, and after the candidate is hired, through integration, the candidate data will be sent to other HRIS systems that the company used. Since we never used other recruitment systems before, we can't say that Greenhouse is the best of its kind.

Pros: Greenhouse Recruitment is a simple tool that new recruiters can quickly learn how to use within a couple of days. Greenhouse also provides system-related articles on Greenhouse Community that can be easily pulled up when search on the Google search engine as well. Moreover, Greenhouse creates their knowledge-based article in a way that both informs the access requirements to perform a certain task and the article itself is easy to understand. Greenhouse also can be integrated with other HRIS systems such as Workday as well.

Cons: From an end-user perspective, I think that Greenhouse is flawless. However, from an admin perspective, Greenhouse has many flaws. For example, in order to merge candidates, Greenhouse requires the user to have the same access on both jobs that both candidates are in. As a result, our admin team needs to be the one merging the candidates for the recruiter as offer access cannot be given to recruiters for jobs that they are not responsible for just to merge. Moreover, as an admin, it will take some time to learn about the system, and most importantly, the system is limited to customization.

• Reviewed on 28/04/2021
Divya B.
HR Generalist
Information Technology & Services, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/08/2019

"Greenhouse ATS"

Comments: Great Customer Success Managers team to help with migrating to their ATS

Pros: Very user friendly applicant tracking system, you can customize the ATS based on your business processes. The customer support is there to answer any of your questions at all times and are very quick in their service and providing solutions. Amazing reporting features!

Cons: Sometimes the word documents uploaded or the job description fonts do not copy properly. You have to correct the font sizing to make it uniform.

• Reviewed on 06/08/2019
Brian B.
Director, Talent Acquisition
Computer Software, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/12/2016

"Pretty Close To A Silver Bullet!"

Comments: We use Greenhouse as the platform for all recruiting functions globally. Prior to implementing Greenhouse, we had a lot of manual processes in place and the recruiting function as a whole was decentralized. There was no central repository for all recruiting-related information. With Greenhouse, we were able to align the team globally, centralize all functions, automate processes, and create a better hiring experience for managers.

Pros: Reporting - In my role, I need to be able to diagnose where the breakdowns are in recruiting, and the system’s many canned reports help me do that. While Greenhouse doesn’t have the ability to let you build custom reports, there are enough reports available that I don’t have to do that. It’s also been very useful for me to get weekly recruitment reports from the system so I can see activity from a high level. All this lets me keep my finger on the pulse of hiring, and report effectively to the business where we are with progress to plan, while at the same time advising on trends I’m seeing and actions we may want to take. Interview Kits/Scorecards - Another great feature of the system. Getting everyone on the same sheet of music has been invaluable. Once all scorecards are input then the manager can see all of the feedback and make a decision. As I’ve mentioned, centralization is important to us and having all the feedback in one place makes it easy on recruiter and manager alike. And the interview kits are a great way to set everyone up for success because they can be customized so that the whole interview panel takes the same approach, or each interviewer can be tasked with a specific question set. And it’s all so intuitive and easy to use. Several of our senior executives have set the standard for user engagement with Greenhouse! User experience - This was one very key area for us. We believe that recruiters are partners to managers, and for them to want to engage on that level, we needed a system that was user-friendly. And Greenhouse is definitely user-friendly. We have a high level of engagement here which has helped to further our goal of creating a culture of recruitment here.

Cons: Reporting Customization - Although there are many canned reports that cover a variety of areas, I still have to export multiple reports in order to build a report which tells the story I’m trying to tell. User Access Customization - I understand this is something on their product roadmap. It would be great for them to get more granular in terms of access-level functionality.

• Reviewed on 09/12/2016
Jillian P.
Sr Recruiter
Design, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/04/2020

"Greenhouse for the Win"

Comments: Overall I love greenhouse, I switched from Jobvite and it was the best decision ever.

Pros: I absolutely love that I can upload candidates from LinkedIn straight into my greenhouse candidate pool. It's never been so easy to source for candidates while making sure you pull all of their available information to use down the road.

Cons: Sometimes when I'm uploading candidates from LinkedIn and have multiple offices that I in my network, I'm unable to always add them to the right office. Some offices wont populate when I need them to. So then after I've converted them from a prospect to a candidate I'm un able to undo that action and can sometimes end up with multiple profiles for the same candidate.

• Reviewed on 16/04/2020
Megan A.
Manager, Global Recruiting Ops
Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/03/2019

"More of this is needed"

Comments: Customer chat is actually pretty good compared to other companies I’ve worked with. I wish GH was more willing to have customer panels where they listen to what the needs of growing companies (from the previous question it is obvious that we have ideas). I regularly get the following answer from chat “that’s not something we can do, but I’ll give your use case to our product team”.

Pros: The UI for recruiters and hiring managers is great; very easy to use

Cons: There is a lot of functionality that your competitors have that would be greatly helpful. 1. Being able to pull in hierarchies so additional logic can be built into approvals 2. Being able to add a logic table to comp by job code selected. 3. Questions should have the ability to have default answers 4. Tracking full email history for candidates convos 5. Have more logic around when questions in approvals appear questions based on answers from other questions, not just based on the organization details etc...

• Reviewed on 12/03/2019
Colin P.
Learning & Enablement Specialist
  • Reviewed on 06/09/2017

"Overall, our experience has been quite positive. We have seen a lot of growth in the product."

Pros: Ease of use is a big pro - one of the main deciding factors to choose GH 2 years ago
- Being able to keep most of the recruiting process in one tool
Scorecards are a nice value add
Excited for the ever increasing reporting capabilities
DocuSign and HIRED integrations
Stage notifications
Notes and mentions feature
Offer and email templates
Candidate survey
Tagging
- I'm sure there are others...

Cons: - While not a total con - scheduling - trying to find internal room availability is not as intuitive as we would like (not as intuitive as using Google Calendar to find the rooms outside of GH) - other than that massive improvement to scheduling
- Rejection notifications if people have gone through a stage in our process - we may be the anomaly as our hiring managers handle most of the recruiting process where us as recruiters facilitate the process and schedule interviews

• Reviewed on 06/09/2017
Sharon S.
  • Reviewed on 11/07/2017

"Best All Around ATS"

Pros: It's got almost every report I could ask for. Really easy to set up and building & publishing new jobs is a breeze. It's helped calibrate candidate evaluations across our interviewing teams. It integrates nicely with our HRIS & Payroll platform to make the transition from offer to hire pretty simple.

Cons: If there is one thing it is missing, it is the ability to create questionnaires or tests that can be sent out during the interview process. If you want to collect customer Q&A, it can only be done at the time of application. I don't like the idea of making the application process that long for folks who wouldn't pass the initial recruiter screen.

• Reviewed on 11/07/2017
Kristen T.
HR Director
Management Consulting
  • Reviewed on 30/07/2015

"Can't Live Without It"

Pros: First and foremost, the customer service. I recently joined a company to start their first recruiting team, and Greenhouse has been absolutely incredible in patiently answering endless questions, helping me with training, and figuring out the best work flow for the types of needs we have. Their instant messaging that is built into the software is also wonderful to have for those quick questions when you can't find something, or figure something out. I love being able to manage job postings from Greenhouse, track where candidates are coming from, as well as the reporting features that are built in. It really is a one stop shop for any recruiter's success.

Cons: The only thing I can think of is when a resume won't parse, which is very rare and an issue within the resume not Greenhouse. They've really thought of just about everything and are making updates and improvements all the time so there isn't much I can think of that is a negative.

• Reviewed on 30/07/2015
Recruiter
Online Media, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/09/2019

"A smooth ATS"

Comments: Overall, I think that Greenhouse is a really great choice for an ATS if you can afford it. It's a solid product with great customer support.

Pros: We used Greenhouse at my previous company and I was very fond of it. One of my favorite features were the scorecards that allowed us to get feedback from each interviewer. This has really helped to streamline the decision making process for us. The UI is very sleek and straightforward. Video interviewing is also a really helpful feature. I think their mobile app is far superior relative to other ATS software.

Cons: Greenhouse can get pretty expensive and I also wish there was a way for candidates to login and check the status of their application. Reporting could afford to be less clunky.

• Reviewed on 12/09/2019
Sara M.
Recruiting Manager
  • Reviewed on 17/08/2015

"Greenhouse.io Is an Industry Game-Changer!"

Pros: Greenhouse ATS goes beyond just a software, it comes with a community, a easy product, and GREAT customer support. The community piece is huge in the industry. Greenhouse provides ample information on the latest ways to attract talent, understand how to making scheduling effortless, and coaches on best practices for any company size. They provide the best customer support by always answering and problem solving with you, no matter how silly or how complex the question. If they can't resolve the issue immediately, customer support gets back to you within 24 hours and provides an update on your issue. Greenhouse provides a great blog to help you learn about great companies and how to improve your employer branding. The integration with varies software is obviously an added bonus!

Cons: The product is growing like any other innovative company. That said, they have some features that they are working on building to support their clients better. They stay humble and focused on making their clients/customers excited about the builds to come, but set the right expectations as well. The reporting could be improved, but still provides a clean export for excel etc.

• Reviewed on 17/08/2015
People and Operations
  • Reviewed on 05/04/2018

"Greenhouse is a great applicant tracking tool!"

Pros: Greenhouse has great features for applicant tracking:
customizable job posting questions
different levels of interactions for the hiring team
multiple interview stages
robust search engine that allows you to keyword search through resumes

Cons: I would love it if the key word search also searched through application questions that are set up by the hiring team. In certain cases we'd be looking for someone in a certain area, but couldn't filter by that question.

David christian B.
Lead Data Scientist
E-Learning, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/09/2018

"A feature monster that does everything, if you can find it"

Pros: GH covers all aspects of the hiring process I consider relevant as a hiring manager (I can't rate the tool from an HR perspective). It's really very very complete. Some parts of GH are very efficient, for example the CV screening UI and the process of sending rejections, which can be scheduled. Collaboration between HR, hiring manager and different interviewers is generally well done.

Cons: The downside to GH is the generally chaotic UI. As someone who uses GH every few months rather than daily, which is probably typical for hiring managers, I find myself hunting for pieces of information (basic candidate information, take home test submission, etc.) and not finding them where I expect them. Also, sometimes CVs and other external information won't load immediately.

• Reviewed on 04/09/2018
Sharon S.
  • Reviewed on 20/09/2016

"My Favorite ATS!"

Pros: So often, applicant tracking systems tend to be missing one or more critical features that are critical for a great ATS. I love that Greenhouse has consolidated all of the best ATS features into one product. Nice user interface, easy user maintenance, candidate scoring, referral tracking, offer letter management, great reporting, integrations with HRIS systems, you name it. It's all there.

Cons: The only thing I feel they are missing is the ability to build automated questionnaires into the interview workflow.

• Reviewed on 20/09/2016
Greg S.
Recruiting Manager
  • Reviewed on 18/08/2015

"Greenhouse user for a little under a year."

Pros: Most ATS's are built for HR departments, they are bulky, slow and outdated. Greenhouse is a recruiter's ATS, positioned to help any company that looks at recruiting as a vital function of scale. The ability to track and nurture active as well as passive candidates as they progress through the recruiting process. One of the most important functions of Greenhouse is the interview and evaluation process. Greenhouse prompts recruiters and hiring managers to think about the "why" and the "how", why is this role open? what are we looking for in a candidate? And how do we measure? If you're at a company in high growth mode and you understand the importance of a modern recruiting function, you have to use Greenhouse.

Cons: As with any early stage company there are minor bugs and glitches. I would also like more insight/input into the product roadmap.

• Reviewed on 18/08/2015
Head of Talent
Consumer Electronics, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/12/2018

"Greenhouse Review"

Comments: I've used Greenhouse as a super admin for recruiting.

Pros: Greenhouse is highly customizable which is fantastic many teams have different hiring work flows within the same company.

Cons: Since its highly customizable, there can be a big learning curve to figure out all the functionality.

• Reviewed on 14/12/2018
Drew O.
Director of talent

"great product"

Comments: Great product and always improving

Pros: -easy to use
-effective
-lots of integrations for automation
-love it
- set up is easy
-easy for managers to understand and engage

Cons: customer service is good just slow, but they do have a good online help
price is mid to high for small companies

11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/11/2017

"Very supportive implementation team; easy for non-tech people!"

Comments: We were able to quickly implement and build a great database of well qualified candidates. We now have a central place where colleagues in remote locations can be aware candidates, interviews and hires. Also, we can respond quickly to the hiring needs of our organization and scale for contract wins.

Pros: Greenhouse is very easy to use. We had no issues with the set up, importing candidate resumes, and setting up our process flows in a way that makes sense to everyone, even casual users (hiring managers).

Cons: It takes a bit of focus to get the hang of the search but the support team assisted us and now we are proficient.

• Reviewed on 09/11/2017
Jerry X.
CTO
  • Reviewed on 21/03/2019

"Superb ATS system"

Pros: It is easy to manage candidate from different sources. I especially like the scheduling part. We used to have people manually ask for availability going back and forth. Now I can just click couple time to have the interview setup. Integration with different system comes in handy as well. I used Hired for sourcing at this point. Once candidate accepted our request to interview with us. The candidate's information flow into Greenhouse automatically. Even resume downloaded from other site can be imported easy with automated information extraction.

Cons: There is a learning curve. I am still trying to setup the whole interview process with different interview phase s and score cards. I hope that is a "wizard" process that asks some questions and get the initial system up accordingly. Integration with Angelist is not useful.

• Reviewed on 21/03/2019
Nathan D.
Recruiter
  • Reviewed on 22/02/2018

"Super-Functional Tool for Tech Startups"

Pros: Ask your friends who work at tech companies - most of them are using Greenhouse. It has a clean candidate experience, and one of the most intuitive and straightforward UIs there is, which keeps our process moving quickly (and when it comes to recruitment, speed is paramount in scooping up candidates before your competitors do)!

• Reviewed on 22/02/2018
Co-Founder
Human Resources, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/10/2018

"Excellent Applicant Tracking Software System for internal clients"

Comments: I've used this software on multiple contract recruiting jobs. It's simple to add new candidates, track them in the interview process, collect feedback and set up interviews. It's also easy to save resumes and search through the database.

Pros: The ability to quickly share interview feedback across the team

Cons: Perhaps the cost, but really like the software and don't have any specific cons

• Reviewed on 23/10/2018
David C.
VP Finance + People

"Simple, easy, beneficial"

Comments: Efficiency gains, tracking referrals and prospects, faster time to hire.

Pros: Automates the recruiting process, helps us recruit at scale. All recruiters that we hire like using it, so helps them get excited to work here. Intuitive to use.

Cons: There are so many options in the set up, took us a while to optimize our process and get the full value of the software.

Jonny L.
Sr. Financial Analyst, FP&A
Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/11/2019

"Greenhouse Review"

Comments: Greenhouse serves its purpose well but I'm not in love with the software.

Pros: Greenhouse is something we use for every open position we are hiring for. It is very easy to use and sends daily reminders to complete tasks that are waiting for your approval. The thing I use the most and like the most is the way you can easily communicate with members of you team in the notes window.

Cons: These are probably user related issues; however, when I've noticed the chain of approval sometimes gets messed up when our international employees are submitting reqs. This has caused us to miss some approvals that we weren't aware of and hire people out of the blue.

• Reviewed on 30/11/2019
Fc T.
Product Lead: Fulfillment
Retail, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/11/2018

"The best way of creating a robust talent acquisition process in your company"

Comments: As mentioned, we use this software exclusively to manage our hiring process and have found tremendous benefit in using it.

Pros: Very well structured and allows you to track progress of hiring candidates very well. Publishing vacancies to online job boards are so easy.

Cons: Not really a problem, but I've found sometimes that the pre-set questions for interviews sometimes stifle you if you're not careful. The reminder to fill in scorecards are also a bit of a pain, but in a good way since it forces you to formalise your thoughts.

• Reviewed on 02/11/2018
Alexa L.
Director of Human Resources
  • Reviewed on 09/04/2018

"Greenhouse Review"

Pros: The easiest way to keep candidates and interview process organized. So easy to keep tracking of everything in one place.

Cons: It has A LOT of features, so does get a little bit confusing at times because it's overwhelming. But the more you use it, the easier it becomes.

• Reviewed on 09/04/2018
Sarah B.
Director of Operations
Political Organization, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/08/2017

"I manage hiring for a large org whose staff numbers fluctuate wildly, and Greenhouse keeps me sane!"

Pros: The fact that several staff members can work together as a hiring team and that you can move candidates from one role to another, as well as merge duplicates.

Cons: I think the toughest thing is getting my colleagues to use it to its full extent. Training would probably help.