Greenhouse Reviews

by Greenhouse Software

Filter by:

• Overall

About Greenhouse

As the fastest-growing hiring platform in the industry, Greenhouse delivers a complete solution to help companies hire for what's next

Learn more about Greenhouse

Sarah F.
Recruiting Manager
  • Reviewed on 07/11/2016

"Greenhouse is so fresh"

Comments: I did a fair amount of investigating ATS systems, and Greenhouse ultimately won my business and has kept it for a several reasons. 1. Customer Service. Their sales team understood the difference between availability, persistence and harassment. Their implementation specialists are patient, articulate, empathetic, easily accessible and even open to product improvement suggestions. Support tickets are handled quickly and when the matter is a more complex tool-wide programming solve, they still communicate the outcome to you---even months later!! 2. UI and UX. It's sexy, intuitive, and easy to use. Trying to get timely candidate feedback from super busy creative people, many of whom are naturally disorganized, has meant the simplicity of Greenhouse has been a godsend. They even like using it because its pretty. Anything to made the horse led to water drink, ya know? 3.Customization. I love that I can change make both minor tweaks and major adjustments to scorecards, job posts, work flow and hiring teams with zero headache. We can also put our unique brand voice on everything our internal team and candidates see, so nothing about it feels robotic. 4. Candidate Experience. It's fast, simple, and clear on the receiving end, which is the most important part. Feedback from our candidates, even from rejected candidates, has been glowing since we started using Greenhouse---a vast improvement over our previous MO. 5. Ease of Communications. Communicating to and about candidates is simple and fluid, AND can all activity around a candidate is logged, so you check and double check last communications---key when you have a large pool and fast moving process. It's also web based, so use it from your phone, home computer or anywhere that's not your desk. The only drawback is that the flexibility in the rest of the tool is not represented in the reporting. The reports can be a little difficult to decipher and there are some sets of data not offered that would be quite useful, though not critical. On the whole, the reporting features are more than adequate, but relative to the awesomeness of the tool and service otherwise, it would step up a bit.

Pros: Customer Service, UI/UX, Customization, Candidate Experience, Ease of Communications.

Cons: Analytics, Price (if you're a small business)

• Reviewed on 07/11/2016
Head of People Ops
51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/11/2017

"Comprehensive Solution, Broad Integration Partners"

Pros: No glaring holes in the tools a small-to-medium sized organization needs to track, manage, evaluate, and hire candidates. Lots of push-button integration partners to drive downstream workflows, such as Background Screening, and HRIS export.

Cons: Heavy configureability means heavy variation between customer setups. This is true in nearly every software solution, not just Greenhouse. It would be great to see Greenhouse take more of a lead in providing good examples of objective candidate evaluations. Scorecards that coach interviewers on how to objectively evaluate certain attributes, etc...there's plenty of research out there on preventing bias in interviews, and how evaluate candidates more objectively. We'd welcome Greenhouse to take away some of the 'configurability' in favor of stronger leadership on evaluating technical and non-technical qualities objectively and without bias during interview. BambooHR, an HR Information System, does a great job of leading their customers by designing functionality that support best practices in performance review, performance management, and goal setting. They simply don't allow their customers to configure their way out of doing good reviews. They explain the research behind employee engagement, good reviews, and stick to their guns. This is good industry leadership, Greenhouse could learn from that. "Choose your own path" isn't always the best.

Elise S.
HR Director
Computer Software
  • Reviewed on 04/08/2015

"It IS easy being Green..!"

Pros: Greenhouse... more like FUNhouse! Greenhouse is the most intuitive ATS out there. It's easy to use for interviewers as well as recruiters and hiring managers. It's definitely the cleanest product out there and the innovators behind it obviously care about staying at the top, as is clear from their constant updates. Greenhouse is also the most data centric ATS I've worked with. It allows you to really track your hiring data to be able to make smarter recruiting decision down the road. All in all, very few complaints about the product or the people behind it. Save yourself the research - work with Greenhouse!

Cons: Greenhouse is by far in a way the best ATS I've worked with. Having said that, sure, are there things that could be better? I'm sure (though none come to mind right now). It would be great if you could post to social media about all jobs at your company as opposed to one specific job (though I think they're working on this). It would also be great if my "resources" on my google calendar synced up. Right now I can scheduled interviews to my specific calendars via google calendar, but I can't schedule them to a specific room, or "resource." These are pretty small things though and I'm confident whatever isn't perfect will be soon enough!

• Reviewed on 04/08/2015
Joshua D.
Manager, Talent Acquisition
  • Reviewed on 31/08/2017

"Greenhouse is the best ATS I have used in my career"

Pros: Greenhouse allows our organization to streamline our hiring process. From applications to interview feedback to offer creation, everything is much simpler since implementing Greenhouse. The best feature, for me, is the interview kits and feedback. It allows us to set up interviewers for success during interviews and make sure we have consistent selection criteria. Also, the scorecards make gathering feedback much easier, I don't have to chase down hiring managers anymore. Throughout the buying and implementation process, everyone at Greenhouse was great to work with. They were transparent with pricing, worked within my expectations and timelines and did a great job helping me through the implementation process. I have now purchased and implemented Greenhouse at my last two organizations.

Cons: I think the one area that can be improved/added is more features focused on nurturing previous candidates.

• Reviewed on 31/08/2017
Justine C.
Real Estate, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/09/2020

"One of the best ATS's I've used"

Comments: Though it's not the perfect solution for all my recruiting needs, it has been one of the best options I've used.

Pros: Greenhouse is intuitive, the customer support is great, and they also have a mobile app which makes reviewing candidates on the go easy.

Cons: Like other ATS's, the reporting functionality isn't fantastic. What's most lacking about GH is the inability to view all candidates in a pipeline in one page/snapshot.

• Reviewed on 13/09/2020
Pierre R.
Pierre R.
Global Talent Acquisition Manager
Legal Services, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/11/2017

"Greenhouse turned out to be a great tool for a fast growing company like ours"

Comments: faster recruitment cycle, better internal communication with all stakeholders involved in the Talent Acquisition process.
it is probably one of the factors that made Yerra Solutions a recipient of the 2017 "Great Place to Work" Award

Pros: The implementation turned out to be easy and straight forward, with great customer support along the way...
Creating new job openings is simple, with many items easy to customize to our specific process. Creating new candidate profiles is straight forward with the integrated CV parsing. Generally speaking, navigating through the system is smooth and dummy-proof.
Greenhouse helped us reach the next step of our business grow and development, with standard Talent Acquisition processes in all our geographical locations across the globe, while always proposing applicants a professional experience. And just as importantly, it helps us share information and integrate totally the Talent Acquisition functions within the "business" functions, facilitating exchanges with interviewers and hiring managers.

Cons: Due to data privacy protection compliance, we cannot provide access to Greenhouse to all our workforce, which limits the capacity of employees to make direct referral

Alex M.
VP People Operations
Internet
  • Reviewed on 06/12/2016

"Used them all, GH is a dream come true. THANK YOU"

Comments: I have 10+ years of experience in the Talent Acquisition space and I've used just about every ATS you can think about, from the monsters (Taleo, SilkRoad, etc.) to the startups (Jazz, Lever, Jobvite). I've never felt compelled to write an online review before, but I'd never been blown away by a recruiting tool before either. Out of everything we've been working on this year nothing has had a more dramatic an impact on my team's success than our switch to Greenhouse last year. For me, it's the everyday workflow and productivity improvements, the confidence that we're focusing our efforts in the right place, the pride that we're more on top of it all than any other recruiting tam I know. I don't know how I survived without their incredible reports - I can give the CEO the hard data showing why we need the funding we do, or how much we've improved since the previous quarter, or what we need to do to prepare for the hires we'll be making in 6 months... Even just seeing how the HM's actually use it and knowing they're on the exact same page as the recruiters has been a dream come true. Thank you Greenhouse!

Pros: Everything.
reporting
communication
time-saving
structured interviews
meaningful feedback
phenomenal suport
it makes life better it makes me happy
it makes my team happy
it makes my hiring mangers happy
it makes my CEO happy

Cons: They don't have an HRIS function ... (yet?!)

• Reviewed on 06/12/2016
HR Operations
Internet, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/11/2017

"Customer Support is great"

Pros: Not only is Greenhouse easy to use, evolves with our business, offers new features and functionality but the Customer Support and Account Managers really listen to feedback. After discussing questions on chat I often make suggestions for future features to add to the product roadmap - the amazing part is seeing my suggestions come to life! Being a Greenhouse user for the past two years I have seen many of my ideas added and my Account Manager always adds a personal touch by letting me know when my ideas will go live.

Cons: Being in Ops and an Admin I always wish for more flexibility and customized options for users' permissions and reporting. Greenhouse offers other options to meet our needs but I would love to be able to build my own unique permission sets, reports, and dashboards.

HR Manager
Consumer Goods, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/04/2019

"Great tool once you understand it, has room for improvement"

Pros: Customer onboarding provides you with a checklist of the steps on setting up your tool.
I liked that enables collaboration within the hiring teams, Google Spreadsheets reporting feature, scorecards customizable for all positions, automatic integration with Glassdoor, Indeed and LinkedIn jobs, customizable interview and offer templates, approval process, integrations (BambooHR, Join, Small Improvements, G Suite).

Cons: Reporting is not customized, basic careers page could be much better looking, I would wish teams could adjust the view (list of candidates or Kanban board view), tagging and CRM feature could be more recruiting team not individual focused (fee applies with every new CRM feature user), reporting could be more visual.
It has a hefty price tag.

• Reviewed on 01/04/2019
Susanne S.
Head of Recruitment
Information Technology & Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/07/2019

"User friendly and versatile ATS"

Pros: Greenhouse is very easy to use, easy to adapt to your business needs and has work amazingly well for our fast growing company. Greenhouse is truly scalable, it fit the bill when we had 150 employees in the Netherlands only and it still fits the bill now that we are well over 1000 at Dept world wide.

Cons: As a digital agency we have high standards when it comes to look and feel and the Greenhouse standard application form is not up to scratch. If you decide to use a nice looking custom form, this also puts limitations on the data you can collect in Greenhouse. Having to make a choice when it comes to form and function is a problem.

• Reviewed on 04/07/2019
HR Partner
Internet, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/03/2019

"Great tool for recruiters!"

Comments: It has been really helpful for me as a hr professional to recruit with greenhouse. I've worked with other tools in the past, and definitely greenhouse offers a complete set of functionalities for you to hire the team you need.

Pros: It allow recruiters to forget about spreadsheets once and for all!! Really powerful functionalities, you can hire your candidate end to end with greenhouse!
Great implementation experience. The customer success team helps a lot with trainings during the first weeks so you can learn everything about greenhouse.
After implementation, great customer support!

Cons: It could improve the UX in some of the views.
If you are working in large teams, everybody has to be committed to use greenhouse, otherwise spreadsheets could return.

• Reviewed on 19/03/2019
Samantha S.
Sr. Recruiter
Marketing & Advertising, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/04/2020

"Modern ATS"

Comments: Love Greenhouse and will recommend it to any employer going forward.

Pros: Greenhouse is modern, customizable, and gives you so many options to do more with an ATS than others I have used. It's nice to be able to add a customized landing page for your own company too!

Cons: Quite a bit of information is needed to launch to completely utilize it to its fullest potential from the start.

• Reviewed on 17/04/2020
Internet, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/03/2019

"Better every year"

Comments: I have been suing Greenhouse since 2014 and have loved the new features and usability over the years. It's easy to train new hires and it houses all the information necessary when making a hiring decision.

Pros: The organization of Greenhouse is very clear and self-explanatory. I don't have to train interviewers on what to do because the system and notifications are so thorough.
I like the integrations a lot.

Cons: The reporting has always been a bit iffy in terms of accuracy.
It is not Greenhouse's decision or fault, but my job posts that push to Indeed and Glassdoor never update. I have to create a new posting and repost in order to have the job refreshed on job boards. Creating a new job distorts reporting.

• Reviewed on 18/03/2019
Internet, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/11/2017

"I've been using Greenhouse for 4+ years and will continue to use it in the future."

Comments: Having access to all candidate history, contact info and feedback is a lifesaver when it comes to recruiting and compliance. Greenhouse also helps us establish and follow a clear recruiting process.

Pros: It's so easy to train new users. The software is intuitive and new users pick it up quickly. It has been really cool to see all the new features added over the years.

Cons: In the past year, I have seen a drastic increase in glitches and bugs with the site. I've submitted more tickets to support and have had to find more workarounds for things like calendars not syncing. Additionally, the accuracy of the reporting feature could use some extra attention.

Operations Director
Law Practice, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/12/2018

"Greenhouse for Candidate Tracking"

Pros: Greenhouse does a great job of allowing you to manage your applicant tracking from job posting to hiring! You can create the job descriptions right in Greenhouse, create a hiring team with different levels of responsibility and access, post the job and have it live to multiple sites with a click of a button. You can even customize where you place your ads. You can even customize job questions to help filter candidates!

Cons: The job questions weren't searchable which would have been nice in order to field out location.

• Reviewed on 16/12/2018
Tech Lead, Strategic Alliances and Business Development
  • Reviewed on 11/09/2018

"Greenhouse just works, one stop shop for recruiting process"

Comments: excellent experience

Pros: Very intuitive interface, even for first time users. There is no learning curve, from adding candidates to submitting interview feedback. I especially like the "Fly on the wall" feature which allows you to leave notes to other interviewers and recruiters about candidates. You can also get nice dashboard reports of all your open reqs. Never had any performance issues with this site.

Cons: Overall there wasn't a lot I didn't like. The mobile app is pretty spartan, but that's fine for this type of service.

• Reviewed on 11/09/2018
Mike F.
Mike F.
Talent Acquisition Manager
Real Estate, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/11/2017

"My experience has been excellent - both product and service/support"

Comments: Flexibility, ease of use, best practices in assessment and hiring team collaboration, and excellent service and support.

Pros: Greenhouse is both intuitive and adaptable. It promotes best practices (e.g. structured interview process and scorecard model) and facilitates easy collaboration with hiring managers (e.g. @ mention feature). On top of that, the staff provide excellent service (e.g. online chat support, and our extremely responsive Account Manager, Ben) and the product is constantly improving.

Cons: Would appreciate a new job template to capture enterprise-wide best practices (e.g. competency-based hiring models) and a provision for printable interview guides based on the scorecard. That said, the Support team constantly solicits feedback and releases quarterly upgrades - these features may be included by the time you're reading this!

Sean K.
Sourcing Specialist
Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/03/2018

"Greenhouse - You're One-Stop Shop for ATS"

Pros: What I like most about Greenhouse is the simplicity when it comes to managing the entire candidate life cycle from start to finish. They've continued to make improvements in their UI and making it a customer friendly application.

Cons: One thing I've been adamant about over the past year or two is having them revamp their search feature. Being able to search by keywords or past interviews/scorecards is time consuming. Having a built out boolean custom feature would be an amazing addition to an already great ATS.

• Reviewed on 08/03/2018
Randeep K.
Digital HR manager
Mining & Metals, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/08/2018

"A phenomenal application to track and explore talent."

Pros: Being highly customizable, this software is perfect while you organize a recruitment operation. Employee Dashboard, analytics, Job Setup etc. has helped to make my job easier. It improves interaction at every touch point and builds a unique hiring plan for different roles. Especially the referral process features like posting and tracking on social media are my favorites. They provide workflows along with approvals. Among these pros, one other I would like to mention is the amazing customer service. Very professional and to the point, they are always solution oriented and efficient. They ensure great analytics, that by checking out the weekly reports on recruitments, you can track the levels of activity and you can add notes and use scorecards for applicants. Much more than a normal ATS, Greenhouse can really step up your game for you.

Cons: Even though there are a variety of reports readily available, I still should create my own in excel by exporting data from outside the application. The absence of a mail merge feature. The search capabilities require improvement. A feature to compare and analyze different candidates would be helpful.

• Reviewed on 15/08/2018
Andy P.
Senior Director of Talent
  • Reviewed on 08/11/2017

"I've implemented Greenhouse at two tech companies and in both instances have seen great results."

Pros: I like that the software is easy to use (both for the Recruiting team and for the Hiring Managers/Interviewers) and it is very intuitive. It takes minimal training for employees to learn how to navigate and manage the system.

Cons: I with the reporting capabilities were a little more robust and dynamic. I think they're making improvements on this in their product roadmap though. The mobile app is getting better as well.

Heather W.
People Operations Manager
Internet, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/09/2017

"Fantastic product -"

Pros: - Completely owns the process from job creation to posting, applications, interviews, and offer.
- The scorecards are my favourite part. It helps build accountability and transparency into the pass/fail world of interviews
- Amazing customer support
- Good degree of cusomization
- As an HR/People Manager, I can oversee many processes without having to constantly check in with my hiring managers/interviewers.

Cons: - It's not cheap, definitely an investment
- Mobile version is okay for interviewers, but it's non-existent for admins

• Reviewed on 07/09/2017
Paul R.
Talent Operations Specialist
  • Reviewed on 23/07/2015

"Great product from a world-class partner"

Comments: Customer Support: Greenhouse has a built in customer support chat box where you can chat live with someone for assistance. If no one is available then you can always send them an email support request. They usually get back to all requests within a few days and are great at making sure all questions are resolved. Also, all your requests are logged in a ticket system so you can reference them later if needed. Thumbs Up: Personally, my favorite thing about this product is it is designed to work in the way you would expect to recruit, has an elegant user interface, and is very easy to use. However, as much as I love the product, the icing on this cake is the vendor's customer support and passion for their product. They are super responsive to feedback and continually work to improve it from the user's perspective. Thumbs Down: I submit a lot of feedback regarding this product and would love a road-map of upcoming product enhancements. Greenhouse has an active Trello board for this, but I am not sure if it is up to date. Recommendations: When you are evaluating an Applicant Tracking System make sure to try it out before you commit to it. Make sure you have a variety of individuals try it out and participating in demos (Hiring Managers, Recruiters, Recruiting Coordinators, and hopefully the systems admin who would manage the product). If you can't try something before purchasing it then it will be difficult to determine if it is the right product for your organization. Also, make sure to ask everyone if they would enjoy using the potential new system (if people won't use it properly then it won't add a ton of value).

• Reviewed on 23/07/2015
Tonia C.
Director of Talent Acquisition
  • Reviewed on 06/11/2018

"One of the top Applicant Tracking Systems out there"

Comments: This is my favourite ATS. Definitely recommend it for a company 100 people + looking to continue growing.

Pros: Fantastic Integrations
Easy to use
Clean UI
Great for team collaboration
Interview tool kits and prep for hiring teams
live chat - which is fantastic! As other ATS's get back to you in 24-48 hours
You can change interview workflows in real time
Great in depth reporting system

Cons: The only thing that could be made easier is closing off a req that is attached to multiple req ID's. The numbers make it a bit confusing.

• Reviewed on 06/11/2018
Share E.
Implementation Manager
  • Reviewed on 11/05/2018

"Everyday end user"

Pros: Seamless integration with our software, easy to use, love the ability to customize, excellent functionality for our purposes!

Cons: There is some functionality with reports that I wish were different. When I want to drill down to the individual level, I wish it were easier to have the option to go back to the same spot in the report when I'm done.

• Reviewed on 11/05/2018
Logistics & Supply Chain, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/10/2019

"In a sea of terrible ATSes, Greenhouse floats to the top"

Comments: I like Greenhouse, but I don't enjoy it as much as another big name in the ATS market: Lever. It's good for the price and will suit most users' needs, but lacks in some areas, making it my #2 choice.

Pros: Greenhouse has a lot of customization options and offers and makes it easy to adjust job stages, interview scorecards, and more. It also has a ton of integrations to make life easier.

Cons: Greenhouse isn't very intuitive and is not very robust when it comes to reporting or communicating with candidates.

• Reviewed on 10/10/2019