• Overall
    4.5 /5

About Sendinblue

Get all the tools you will need to build better customer relationships online under one roof.

Learn more about Sendinblue

Nicolas M.
Technical Engineer
Business Supplies & Equipment, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/02/2021

"My preferred mailing application"

Pros: Ease of use, deliverability of emails and good service is the reason of my preference for Sendinblue.

Cons: New mailing design and new builder options would be very appreciated. For very complex mailing layouts, you can always build them in an external email template builders and insert the html code into Sendinblue.

• Reviewed on 23/02/2021
Marc B.
Marketing manager
Automotive, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/02/2021

"Super easy to use email platform"

Comments: Overall good platform, much better than what we were using before. Like the integration with tagged urls and woocommerce.

Pros: Very easy to use, feature rich, nice templates, segmentation, integration. Everything we could've asked from an email marketing platform.

Cons: The one thing that is quite annoying with their pricing plans is that they do not include the removal of their watermark with the starter plan, but rather requier an extra add-on to do that.

• Reviewed on 12/02/2021
Steve M.
Managing Director
Photography, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/03/2020

"Best decision we've made!"

Comments: Moving to Sendinblue has been the best marketing decision we've made in the last 2-3 years. Our delivery rates have improved, retention has gone up and we've averaging an open rate of 58% compared to 36% when we were using our previous platform (Mailchimp).
On a few occasions we've needed to contact support, for advice. The support function at Sendinblue has been faultless. Responses are fast and they can't do enough to assist you... again unlike 'other' platforms where you wait up to 72 hours even for an initial response!...Which really hinders marketing
We recommend Sendinblue to any/all organisations, regardless of size, who want a self-intuitive marketing platform, that does everything you want it to with a support department that ARE actually there everyday to support you

Pros: The Dashboard is excellent, giving a complete overview of all your campaign statistics as well as single line clickable 'top line stats' of your individual campaigns
Creating a campaign could not be simpler, with very easy click & drag modules to build your campaign exactly how you want it
Once you have sent your campaign, with either a 'send now' or a scheduled time/date send, the reporting is excellent. The usual stats are included, for example total sends, successful sends, opens, click throughs, soft/hard bounces, click throughs etc. But the addition of metrics such as average time to open, average time to click, total and unique clicks plus a timeline gives you everything you would want to see. The reporting for us is one of the strongest features
Automation is a great addition, where workflows can be created that trigger actions such as send email or sms based on conditions or events - Sendinblue even includes an sms engine to engage with clients even more

Cons: Having sent numerous campaigns, trying different formats and schedules, we are yet to find anything we don't like or think that could be improved

• Reviewed on 20/03/2020
Michelle N.
Sr. Marketing BI Analyst
Real Estate, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/08/2019

"Game Changer"

Comments: Overall, SendinBlue has been a huge game changer for our company. I have been doing the email marketing for over 5 years and with our previous provider it was a time-suck for little result. I'm happy that there are constantly updates and changes being made to stay current and enhance the features available. Not only has SendInBlue saved me a ton of time, it has really increased the value of our email marketing program.

Pros: It's overall ease of use was a big pro when I first saw it, but I think the selling point for me was the contact management capabilities. The ability to keep all of our lists in one place and be able to filter for certain contacts has changed the way that we market and has made the process of personalizing one hundred times easier.

Cons: Being the analytics person for the company, I am disappointed with the limited abilities of pulling our results.

• Reviewed on 01/08/2019
Diego G.
Digital Marketing Specialist
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 07/10/2020

"Incredible tool"

Comments: It helps very much in my automations using JS scripts on my site or scripts (via API) in my computer.
Very good to send newsletters too, with a high send limit.
And I use to all my transactional e-mail of my Wordpress website using the plugin. Much better than PHP mail.

Pros: Great free tier
Marketing Automation tool with many types of workflows
Great limit to send e-mail marketing and transactional emails
Nice plugins for Wordpress
Easy to make e-mail templates and preview then with many options
Connection with other tools using API
Simple API with many functions
JS to automation easy to setup
Great support (even in portuguese)

Cons: Sometimes the platform is a little slow, but I think it's temporary because the suddenly increase of users.l

• Reviewed on 07/10/2020
Daisy N.
Developer
  • Reviewed on 12/09/2020

"Great value, plentiful features"

Comments: With Sendinblue, it is easier to setup Marketing email campaign, as well as sending Transactional email updates to users. I'm looking forwards to integrating SMS messages updates in the future too.

Pros: It offers free tier for development work. Great documentation makes it easy for setup and integration. A lot of articles helps you quickly design beautiful templates as you want. Plentiful features: marketing automation, email campaigns, transactional emails, SMS messages, chat..

Cons: The only downside for me is I need to send an email to Customer support to activate my account to use Transaction emails. Also, I don't find the option to customize ID in list of email templates.

• Reviewed on 12/09/2020
David H.
Co-Owner
Food & Beverages, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/01/2017

"Buggy HTML compose interface and lack of support for mobile left us wanting"

Comments: First, great ability to manage multiple lists, and focuses attention on the acquisition of emails without manual entry. Much better pricing than other software depending on your sending habits. Second, Oftentimes I would have to "save as draft" and go back and edit or duplicate from an existing email because the HTML editing interface would crash. Combined with the inability to do anything from mobile meant it was hard to get out important announcements about events and other happenings on short notice. Maybe not really its strong suite, so still giving 4 stars for overall excellence.

Pros: Pricing, very competitive
Beautiful, well integrated with email acquisition

Cons: Buggy editing window often required lots of page refreshes/work arounds

by Sendinblue on 06/01/2017

Hi David,

Thanks so much for sharing your experience!

We appreciate feedback from our users, especially on areas we can improve to better serve your needs. Whenever a bug is mentioned, we like to investigate and troubleshoot for any improvements that may be needed.

SendinBlue's tools are built and optimized to function at 100% usability from Chrome and Firefox browsers for the most robust experience.

If you were experiencing buggy behaviors with any of our tools in Chrome or Firefox, we would welcome any additional information you can share about your experience so that these can be resolved. Would you be open to emailing our customer care team at [email protected] to share more details?

We also appreciate your feedback about your desire for a mobile platform. We will share this with our improvements team for future consideration.

Thanks in advance! We appreciate you giving SendinBlue a try.

The SendinBlue Team

• Reviewed on 05/01/2017
Branden P.
Developer
Design, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 08/08/2020

"Outstanding Service!"

Pros: As a business that maintains a very large contact list but sends very few emails, Sendinblue was one of the very few service providers that charges per email instead of per contact. Support has been very responsive (typically responds same day, even outside of normal business hours!)

Cons: Unsubscribe page customization is a bit lackluster. Could use more control over how the pages appear and additional options for feedback on why a user is unsubscribing from a mailing list.

• Reviewed on 08/08/2020
Liezl J.
Business management analyst & Designer
Design, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 25/11/2020

"Treasure chest of features"

Comments: I'm testing to offer clients an automation solution for emails etc. The features seem to be there, I'm just having to figure out how to use them. I think the building blocks are there, and very good - which is why I'm sticking around to keep trying. I t's just a matter of turning them into a building I can use!

Pros: There seems to be really robust and a treasure chest full of automation features!
I'm still figuring out their use and setting up the workflows.
I have wasted a fair amount of time hopping around between automation, contacts, lists and templates. I have therefore found the flow between the modules a bit difficult to streamline and figure out. However, I'm hanging in there as I suspect the automation is really worthwhile - just need to past the new user syndrome!

Cons: Initial startup - getting going with a simple welcome subscriber automation took learning the intricacies of each category / module. And reworking them a few times. Your customer support team is awesome! There are also a number of articles on the refined features. However, crossing between the modules, and how best to use them takes a while to fiture out. A simple article based on the output function (not the features) would be very useful. E.g. "To send a welcome email setup a template here, create the workflow there, and manage the lists here. Then create a page on your website that goes to this link for the form." I'm also having some trouble with the RSS, I use duda which creates an RSS feed link I can't change, and it isn't accepted.

• Reviewed on 25/11/2020
Daniel G.
Industrial Automation, 2-10 Employees

"Best Option"

Comments: I love it

Pros: I've used before other similar systems. I find Sendinblue the best option for several reasons.
*Ease of setup
*Ease of use
*Complete and detailed feedback information
*Pay as you go.
I fully recommend it.

Cons: No cnos found so far. I am fully satisfied.

Luuk D.
Banking, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/10/2016

"Good choice when Mailchimp became too expensive for your size"

Comments: We grew a lot on Mailchimp and it became too expensive for us. We found Sendinblue and it worked well enough for our needs. It has a functional campaign editor that is a bit glitchy and not as polished. But usable enough! Their API (we use the Ruby gem) is simpler to use than Mailchimp with on feature clearly lacking: we cannot register our subscribers server-side AND send an opt-in.

Pros: It's cheaper than Mailchimp for our list size.

Cons: The campaign editor is glitchy. I addressed the issue but the devs had other priorities than details (understandably).
The API doesnt support server-side double-op-in subscriber registration, but is overall easier than Mailchimp's.

by Sendinblue on 15/12/2016

Hi Luuk,

Thanks for taking time to share your experience with us! I¿ve shared your feedback about the email builder with our team, and I'm happy to confirm that we already have some great improvements coming very soon!

SendinBlue API users who would like to implement a double opt-in process have a couple of handy options for achieving this functionality:

1. SendinBlue Automation can be used to build a double opt-in process, using the workflow in this post: https://help.sendinblue.com/hc/en-us/articles/211244629.

2. Alternatively, you could use the current API functionality and follow a similar logic as described in the Automation post above.

I hope these suggestions are helpful, however if you run into any questions, or would like to share additional feedback with us, please don't hesitate to contact our customer care team. You can reach us anytime at [email protected] -- we'll be glad to help!

Thanks for using SendinBlue!

Terry W.
  • Reviewed on 26/10/2016

"Excellent Bulk Mail Provider"

Comments: Send in Blue are excellent bulk email providers, combining common sense with high standards and the sort of value for money that to my knowledge is not available in the industry with any other organisation even approaching this level of quality and service. I must admit I was surprised that they don't offer an im support service, which is pretty common in the industry, but they do respond pretty quickly on email. I did also tell them that I feel they should let new clients know more about their procedures, since I was horrified that my first send hung at 500, having used previous providers where sends just hung and didn't get any further due to technical problems with their systems. It wasn't a problem in this case. They have a standard procedure of halting the send at 500 to check the stats are OK before completing the send. But I did suggest they should tell people that! However it's an assurance that the company is ensuring the continued quality and credibility of its system, which is important for all its clients. And I do believe they are a listening company, so hopefully they will tell new clients more about their procedures. These are hardly major issues though. This is an excellent service and would be difficult to better at any price, and certainly at the prices being charged by Send in Blue.

by Sendinblue on 15/12/2016

Hi Terry,

Thanks for sharing your review about SendinBlue! We appreciate your feedback and are glad to hear that our tools have been a good fit for your needs so far.

Indeed, we do read every piece of feedback, and will do everything in our power to improve based on what¿s shared with us!

If you run into any questions, or would like to share additional feedback with us, please don't hesitate to contact our customer care team. You can reach us anytime at [email protected] -- we'll be glad to help!

Thanks for using SendinBlue!

Ankit G.
  • Reviewed on 20/02/2021

"An all-purpose outbound marketing solution"

Comments: All in all it a love-hate relation, there are somethings like the availability of SMS credit which I absolutely love but then I don't really like the fact that it can't integrate much with the digital store and I have to use an additional tool for that.

Pros: The good thing about Sendinblue according to me was the wide support of outbound marketing solutions. Most tools in this price range generally limit to only email marketing whereas on Sendinblue it has support for emails(both promotional and transactional) and SMS as well. Apart from that, it has some other small services like chat and CRM which are good but not fully scaled.

Cons: Even though Sendinblue has wide support for services but it still lacks essential integrations. For example, you can't send abandoned cart emails or do product retargeting with them. These are very important for most e-commerce stores but it's not available here.

• Reviewed on 20/02/2021
Puneet N.
Professional Training & Coaching, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 24/10/2020

"Happy User"

Comments: Good. Not have a descriptive experience as of now.

Pros: Clean design & ease of use. Segregation of automation is nice.

Cons: Add Professional B2B templates for email campaigns.

• Reviewed on 24/10/2020
Cindee M.
Speech Therapist Business Owner
Education Management, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 16/02/2021

"Great for Marketing Emails"

Pros: The feature that most attracted me is that they help start-up businesses by offering a free membership for up to a certain number of email subscribers -- this allowed me to test out the software and also save money while my company and subscribers list grows. It is easy to use. Easy to schedule campaigns. The fact that it creates a subscription form/webpage for me and all I need is the link is also very helpful. Overall, I have really enjoyed this product!

Cons: Right now, the emails are sent all in Paris time zone, which is fine, but it would be cool if I could choose my time zone so then I could more easily choose a send time. Additionally, I wish that I could save a campaign template - that would save me from having to add my logo each time as well as my social media URLs. Otherwise, its a great product!

• Reviewed on 16/02/2021
Kaleen C.
Business owner
  • Reviewed on 22/09/2020

"Great integration"

Comments: Great experience thus far

Pros: Sendinblue is a great platform. We use on a daily basis for our email functionality and it's been a nice experience. Other platforms that we've used had been difficult to manage and the interface is top notch. Also, customer service is top tier. I'd recommend any day!

Cons: We have had good experiences with this service.

• Reviewed on 22/09/2020
Joseph M.
E-Learning, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 02/09/2020

"Cost effective and complete"

Pros: Ease of use is big with me. The platform is simple to use and creating campaigns is really fast. The transactional features are at the heart of my membership platform and work perfectly.

Cons: I had a few desires about how saved templates were presented, but that issues has since been improved to my satisfaction.

• Reviewed on 02/09/2020
Craig S.
Computer Software, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 29/07/2020

"Best SMTP API, transactional emails, campaigns, contact lists and more"

Comments: I use SendInBlue's Java APIs for my Android app and their NodeJs APIs for my web app. Every email on my platform is sent with SendInBlue.

Pros: Great UI with very easy to implement APIs and packed full of features. I've been using SendInBlue for a good few years now and would strongly recommend to anyone needing an email sending service.

Cons: None, everything about the platform us outstanding and their services are cheaper than their competitors.

Pierre G.
Freelance
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 27/09/2020

"Very good deliverability of your emails"

Comments: I implement this software for an organization that send between 5000 and 12000 emails per month.
The price was very good and they had a discount as it was for an association. I did have to transfer a lot of emails lists and that was pretty easy. Their support is also really fast.

Pros: It's easy to set up the emails, to save models, to follow statistics, but overall, the deliverability of emails is very high. It's not the same depending of the software you're using ! This one is very good and it's nice and easy to use

Cons: I don't see any cons about this software. Maybe it will be great to have even more templates maybe...

Haley F.
Content Marketing Manager
  • Reviewed on 16/04/2020

"Great and Intuitive Mid-Grade Email Send Software"

Comments: Implementation was super easy, you don't need to be an email marketer to understand how to use this tool. No outages since implementing, and a really great value for what it is.

Pros: Sendinblue is an intuitive, medium-weight software for sending and building emails while maintaining an extensive database. This tool is the best price for its value and helps us send very professional feeling emails to our community.

Cons: It can be a little laggy sometimes, especially with uploading images, but that's usually easy to workaround. It does lack some customizability, but that's hardly an issue for us and our needs.

• Reviewed on 16/04/2020
Udette K.
Blogger
Food Production, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 07/05/2020

"Easy for beginners to mail-manager software"

Comments: I am a new blogger that needed an easy mail manager. SendInBlue was easy to set up and I received a lot of compliments on my newsletter from SendInBlue.

Pros: I am a new blogger that needed an easy mail manager. SendInBlue was easy to set up and I received a lot of compliments on my newsletter from SendInBlue.

Cons: I need integration with the Wordpress version that I use on Wordpress.com - premium, (not a plug-in because plugins are only available on Wordpress's more expensive version). So I guess it's more a Wordpress issue than a Send-in-blue issue. Mailchimp has integration with Wordpress.com premium. But MailChimp did not work for me, then I moved to SendInBlue.

• Reviewed on 07/05/2020
Katie T.
Dance Studio owner
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 06/07/2020

"I love this software"

Comments: I can’t love it enough. It has saved me so many times when in an emergency or needing to close my business super fast.

Pros: It’s the easiest thing I’ve ever had to use. With having such a big email system this gets my messages out fast and virus free!

Cons: The only thing I don’t like (but is no issue at all) is that it automatically send my emails to people’s junk.
But all my emails go out. And we make all aware of this so we are still found.

• Reviewed on 06/07/2020
Tim R.
  • Reviewed on 28/10/2016

"Good for small budget"

Comments: This is an easy to use system for acquiring subscribers and adding them to campaign lists. We use it on a WordPress installation and it works quite well. It is simple to find a user to edit or delete and you can delete from a single list or from your entire database. If you find the need to use the SMTP feature of the WordPress plugin, AND you need to use another email send plugin of some kind, you will likely have a conflict.

Pros: Fairly easy to use, but not the most intuitive.

Cons: Some of the features are either hard to figure out or do not work. The double opt-in email has a field for the name of the person but that does not work

by Sendinblue on 16/12/2016

Hi Tim,

Thanks for taking time to share your experience with us! We appreciate your feedback about the WordPress plugin, and will share this with our team.

I noticed that you had a challenge with personalizing your double opt-in email template, and I would like to offer some resources that may be helpful for you.

The first post explains how to setup and name columns in your email list, such as those for storing the your contacts¿ names:

The second post covers how to personalize different elements of your email, including the subject line and message body with fields like first name:

If you¿ve completed the steps shown in both posts and are still experiencing issues, there¿s likely an issue that our customer care team should look into for you. You can reach us anytime at [email protected] -- we'll be glad to help!

• Reviewed on 28/10/2016
Theo S.
  • Reviewed on 27/09/2020

"SendinBlue my new email manager"

Comments: I am satisfied as I can do my job but I wish they could improve the overall aesthetic of the app.

Pros: Inexpensive and rather adaptable to charges (does not charge the 1st of each month but rather for 1 month from the day you pay), relatively good to use and then when you have not paid the account is still open so you can manage your contacts or prepare newsletters and when you are ready to pay you can send them right away.

Cons: Not so easy to use as another program I had. Also the templates and appearance of the newsletters could get a lot of improvement.

Angela A.
Marketing
  • Reviewed on 08/03/2021

"New User, Pleasantly Surprised"

Comments: I've been thrilled!
Each time I've looked for a feature or functionality, I was able to find it (even in the free version) and it was easy to figure out, or find help documentation about it.

Pros: I originally tried Sendinblue by the suggestion of an online comparison article. I was moving away from a well-known email marketing platform that I had used for 11+ years because of technical changes and additional fees that they started making.

Cons: The look is a bit clunky and at first I was 'not impressed' but once I dug into the meat of it, the potential was obvious. I immediately signed up.

• Reviewed on 08/03/2021