• Overall
    4.5 /5
    4.4 /5
    4.5 /5

About Thinkific

Thinkific is an all-in-one platform that empowers experts & teachers to quickly create and deliver stunning courses on their own sites.

Learn more about Thinkific

Wendy F.
Retirement Coach
  • Reviewed on 08/04/2019

"Thinkific works for me!"

Comments: No benefits realized yet as I just got my first course up and published. I have several courses written but finding the right software for me and my students was my Catch 22... never considered that would hold me back. I kept working on the courses... and finally, the solution was presented to me. I have tried so many different teaching platforms already and never actually published. Just wasn't confident in knowing the site well enough -- but in no time at all, I am published on Thinkific and so thrilled I made the leap. Finally! Pure FUN!

Pros: Thinkific is easy to use. Add a new Module, one click to add content, module after module. So easy! Better yet, I LIKE how it looks to the user. I LIKE how the site can look like mine -- not another platform. It does look different, but MY site name is on top, visible, so users know where they are immediately. I've tried others and never quite liked the look as I work with seniors who have retired... and wanted simplicity. This time I found just that. AND YET -- very functional, with every content option I'd like to add. Thinkific has a great Facebook group too. Very active and helpful, learned how others are doing their classes so gives me new ideas. Some groups were full of people whining about what the software didn't do or needed to be corrected... that didn't work for me either, yeah, picky picky! :)

Cons: I only had to ask Support one question while adding my first course. My only question was: how to add a manual student who paid me privately (or complimentary class) if they didn't purchase through Thinkific itself. I know its there, just chose to ask instead of searching! :) I didn't even use HELP pages to learn how to use it... it was pretty intuitive for me and I love that! Please don't think that means its not a fully integrated teaching service, it really is. They simply "got it" where the user (me, the instructor) and the other user (student) is concerned. Someone did the work to think about how both users will interact with the software. Kudos!

• Reviewed on 08/04/2019
Cheryl M.
  • Reviewed on 20/11/2019

"Great Option"

Comments: I enjoyed Thinkific and may yet return to it when my current contract is up with the LMS I moved to earlier this year. It's certainly as easy to use, and the sales page option is better designed. Everything else is about the same, but Thinkific is slightly more expensive and the pricing model is confusing.

Pros: I liked most that there was a free option to get started and that there is a front end option that shows all courses owned by an account native to the program. Thinkific is easy to use and now that it has added a community feature it's almost perfect.

Cons: At the time I switched from Thinkific, I did so to get a native community feature so my students wouldn't have to go to Facebook for community. Now that Thinkific has added it, there's only one complaint I have, and that is that I need another layer of complexity for my courses. Unfortunately, I haven't found an LMS that has that, so Thinkific is no worse in that regard than any other LMS I've explored. I do have an issue with the pricing model, which is too complex and confusing. That makes it hard to compare with other options.

• Reviewed on 20/11/2019
Waleed A.
psychiatrist
Mental Health Care, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/05/2019

"No brainer choice of course management software"

Comments: I researched so many LMSs out there and finally found my soulmate ­čśŁ On Thinkific I am launching my first, course, the way I want it to be.

Pros: Free to get started
Get paid via Paypal without being charged by thinkific
Perfectly beautiful themes
Add anything you can imagine, quiz, pdf, presentation, text, anything
Support for Rich text e.g. make important words bold or italicized
Available to anyone, not just Oxford or Harvard Professors
boy, i am in love with literally every feature of thinkific

Cons: user statistics are (so far as I understand) not recorded with quizzes. this could have been very great. so that students would know the level of difficulty of the quiz.

• Reviewed on 03/05/2019
Korinne L.
Education Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/10/2019

"Customer Service Very Disappointing"

Comments: Very frustrating! Not a customer-friendly service. While they are friendly and say they hope you are having a nice day, they do not answer questions (or apparently read email chains). There is no support for European customers I fed this back to them when I first signed up around 2 years ago and nothing has changed. I have given them all of the feed back given here but they do not take any action. Waiting at least a day for an answer is totally unacceptable. What makes it even more frustrating is that, after waiting for a reply, they ask for information that was already included in your original email (and then you have to wait another day for a response). It just seems as though they work at their convenience, not the customer's. And yet they are happy to take the subscriptions when they are not providing an adequate service.

Pros: I was so excited to find this product and thought it would be ideal for my needs

Cons: The software is not user-friendly. I was hoping that it would be more straightforward and my staff have also commented that is it not user-friendly. There is nobody to call when you have a query and can only email. It takes them a day to get back to you. And we are based in the UK and with the time difference, we have to wait at least a day for an answer. What makes it even more frustrating is that, after waiting for a reply, they ask for information that was already included in your original email (and then you have to wait another day for a response). I sent a query on Monday asking how to do something and the reply said 'see instructions below' and there were no instructions there. In the same email, they asked me to confirm the email address (which I had emailed them on and they had clearly not tried this). I responded right away and just got an email asking how they could help me! (They clearly had not read the email chain). It is now 9pm at night on Tuesday and will be at least Wednesday afternoon with the time difference until I may get a reply and actually proceed.

• Reviewed on 22/10/2019
Linda H.
Diversity Educator
E-Learning, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/08/2019

"Thinkific is a fantastic online learning platform"

Comments: We are growing into an international learning community with the help of Thinkific.

Pros: Versatile, well organized, easy to learn.
Free until you get going.

Cons: - Terrible discussion forum (we wish they would link up with website tool box).
- Their pricing plans have changed in ways that don't work well for us and they have not been responsive to our feedback.

• Reviewed on 14/08/2019
Greg D.
Coach
  • Reviewed on 16/02/2017

"Blown Away!"

Comments: The reason being is that the ease of use and sheer user friendly platform is a delight to work with. Being not the techy I am usually annoyed after about 10 minutes if any system but this is not only simple to operate and use but I created a course in just over a week. I am still in shock as to how I managed to do so much so easily and feel lucky to have found Thinkific. Thanks guys for thinking of us!

Pros: Ease of use, attractive platform, modern and slick.

Cons: None I can think of yet!

by Thinkific on 16/02/2017

Thanks for the great review Greg! We really appreciate that you took the time to leave us one and we're excited that you're finding using our platform a great experience.

"...if you are thinking of Thinkific think no longer and get it," should be our new motto!

Thanks again!

• Reviewed on 16/02/2017
Luis D.
Co-Founder
Legal Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/02/2021

"All you need to kickstart your online courses business without breaking the bank"

Comments: I am very satisfied with Thinkific. I was able to have a professional way to sell online courses in a few days and without much effort in setting up the pages and systems. Very good value for money.

Pros: Very easy and intuitive to use. Whether it's the process of storing, structuring and promoting courses, or engaging and paying affiliates who promote them. Apart from the design that could be improved, the user experience (from end to end) is simple and intuitive.

Cons: The design/interface of the course pages is not very modern when compared to other alternatives and has limited customization options. It lacks features for creating and boosting a community (increasingly important these days).

• Reviewed on 14/02/2021
Founder, Managing Director
  • Reviewed on 03/12/2019

"Fantastic Learning Platform"

Comments: One of the best things about Thinkific is they have a totally free play, which makes it a very low-risk way to start building a learning platform.

Pros: All around the great platform, easy to use, and intuitive for both the end-user and course creator. Love it.

Cons: Not much bad I can say. One thing that is a bit of a pro and con is that it integrates with accredible.com. It's a pro if you are already using accredible.com, its a con if you want to offer certificates but aren't using accredible.com. I say it's a con because you have to manage it outside of the Thinkific platform which is a little less intuitive than being able to do it directly in Thinkific.

• Reviewed on 03/12/2019
Irerinsola A.
International Trade & Development, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/02/2020

"Suits every level of expertise and usage is quite simple"

Comments: Used for the online learning program I organize for my clients. It's so easy to setup, registration and links are easy to create

Pros: The price range, one could even get a free

Cons: No one on one training feature on thinkific

• Reviewed on 01/02/2020
Akhilesh K.
Proprietor
  • Reviewed on 08/02/2018

"A true delight for any starting edupreneur in every dimension"

Pros: 1) Thinkific is one of a kind platform that has something to offer to everyone. Even if you have zilch money to start with, thinkific has a plan for you. The free plan has so many features that one has to wonder at times if he needs to upgrade ever :) . Many other free plans try to give you a taste of the software and then nudge to upgrade. Not thinkific . They give you all the tools you need even on a free plan and then when you decide to upgrade , they add awesome value to your investment. 2) Ease of use is just awesome . They have explained the tiniest details with videos . Learning curve at best can be surmounted in a single day with the resources they offer. 3) The course player is just terrific and can host almost anything imaginable including content made on authoring tools . The interface is very mobile friendly. 4) Unlimited video hosting even on free plans ! This is as good as it gets . The video player is high quality . I suspect they use Wistia for playing videos . 5) Customer support is great and very responsive

Rocky K.
lead
  • Reviewed on 03/10/2017

"Thinkific is a fantastic LMS for anybody who wants to teach online"

Pros: I highly recommend Thinkific to anybody who wants to build an online course. Other LMS platforms are focused on enterprise space, or require a bunch of tech professionals to set it up for you. For thinkific, I recommended it to 50+ year old teachers who were able to navigate the platform and build courses. It's incredibly easy!

Cons: Not much. Thinkific does have a short learning curve, which they cover in their training. But it's pretty drag and drop.

• Reviewed on 03/10/2017
Robert E.
Radiologic Technologist
Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/11/2020

"Good for a mid-tier product"

Comments: Thinkific is a great way to deliver education and training.

Pros: It's easy to use and very intuitive if you've never built an LMS before. I had a good experience with it compared with similarly priced software.

Cons: There were some feature that did not always work as they should. For example, sometimes video would not upload properly.

• Reviewed on 26/11/2020
Business Coach
Professional Training & Coaching, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/09/2020

"The course creation concept is good, but I have to pass"

Comments: I'm happy about what they're doing for course creators in general, but this platform ended up not being for me.

Pros: Creating a platform that allows your "average Joe" to be able to create a course from home and sell it online even if they don't have the "proper credentials" and "certificates" to do so, is a wonderful thing!

Cons: I tried Thinkific and I found it to be too clunky to work with and I did not like how the landing pages ended up looking on this platform for my courses. I also found it NOT EASY to get started with.

• Reviewed on 19/09/2020
Mitra S.
  • Reviewed on 10/04/2017

"Very easy to use"

Pros: I've been dreaming about creating my own online class and it felt like an overwhelming task. They made it very easy and doable for me. I'm not computer savvy at all and their program is extremely user friendly.

Cons: More payment options would be nice. Also, itt would be nice if we could record our voice directly into the class (like you can do with a text) and not just download a recording.

• Reviewed on 10/04/2017
Erik P.
Director of Technology
Religious Institutions, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/01/2020

"from the perspective of a student"

Comments: I thought the online class was using its own software, the branding was that well integrated that the experience was seamless.

Pros: It was impressively easy to walk through a course at my own pace, keep track of where I was at, and learned a lot along the way.

Cons: I can't think of any cons from my experience taking a course that used Thinkific. The entire experience was a positive one.

• Reviewed on 07/01/2020
Garifallia M.
Owner / Founder
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 29/05/2020

"Problems solved"

Pros: Thinkific gave me a clear overview and guidance not only to built my class in a simple and effective way but also for who am I building it for.

Cons: In terms of functionality nothing. I'd only wish for less emails.

• Reviewed on 29/05/2020
Antonio D.
designer
E-Learning, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/12/2020

"Enjoying building courses"

Pros: Very easy to use, free plan allows you up three courses to start your academy

Cons: Free version is so basic with features, really basic. Yes of course, paid plan is the best!

• Reviewed on 18/12/2020
Linda H.
Co-ordinator
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/12/2017

"With Thinkific as our Platform, we have successfully launched three very different online courses."

Comments: We are at the beginning stages of offering a high quality course to students from around the world.

Pros: We researched many Platforms before choosing Thinkific. We love that Thinkific is Canadian. We love the journey that students take from first encountering the site landing page, going to the course landing page and then immersing themselves in the course. I appreciate the helpful support from the Thinkific team. They do a great job of answering our many questions. I am fortunate that Thinkific rebuilt their course editing software quite soon after we began developing our course. Their new software is quite easy to use and easy to revise. I really like their flat-rate monthly subscription fee with no hidden costs.

Cons: I wish students could purchase this course in the currency of their own country.
I wish we could pay for our subscription in Canadian funds instead of American.
We have had to purchase a separate Discussion Forum because their Disqus Plug In is a social media plug in that is not confidential, and their built in Discussion Forum is very awkward and poorly organized with no ability to search, edit, or even manage posts.
Thinkific focuses much more on supporting marketing than on supporting online course development. We were fortunate that we had already taken two excellent courses in online course development that we could apply to the Thinkific Platform.
Thinkific is less responsive to good ideas for improvement than I would like them to be. For example, despite many, many requests from many course developers it is still not possible for the course author to copy, paste and edit quizes and so there is a lot of unnecessary labour involved in inputting quizes

• Reviewed on 07/12/2017
Jonathan T.
Co-Founder
  • Reviewed on 27/03/2018

"Great for Online Courses"

Comments: I can easily and quickly get my online courses up and running and sell them easily to my students and corporate clients.

Pros: I LOVE all the features Thinkific has to support my online course. Completion certificates? Check. Achievements? Check. SINGLE SIGN ON FOR WHEN I SELL TO CORPORATE CLIENTS? CHECK! But really, the feature list is pretty long and extensive. And the price is pretty good compared to other platforms. Now, Thinkific won't host all your marketing needs, but it will nail your online course, and I'm a big fan of that. They also offer GREAT webinars and opportunities for professional development, which I really appreciate. I really do feel like they want me to succeed.

Cons: I wish there were more options for how my course pages are laid out. It's pretty much all standardized with the course online on the left of the page and the content on the left. That course outline is ALWAYS there. Now, that might be really handy for students, but I wish I had some options and maybe could make things a little prettier. (It's not ugly or anything, I just would like another option or two to choose from)

• Reviewed on 27/03/2018
Kate M.
Owner/Founder
  • Reviewed on 16/07/2019

"Deliver Your Online Course or Digital Product With Ease"

Comments: I think this is an ideal solution for someone just getting started with an online business.

Pros: I think Thinkific is super intuitive to use and offers regular, non-techy people the ability to deliver their digital products with ease.

Cons: I would like to see an integration that allows for making the internal dashboard as well as creating landing pages more customizable.

• Reviewed on 16/07/2019
Ian X.
Edupreneur
  • Reviewed on 14/02/2020

"A Fortunate Find"

Comments: I spent around 5 weeks full-time looking at possible platforms for my micro-business, and studied maybe 50-60 platforms. It was immediately obvious that Thinkific was what I needed based on dozens of reviews which I read carefully.

Pros: Easy to use; simple, customer service fast response.

Cons: There is nothing that I like least about this software.

• Reviewed on 14/02/2020
Ionie W.
  • Reviewed on 18/05/2017

"Why I use Thinkific"

Pros: The turn-around time for feedback to queries was awesome. It ranged from a few minutes to a couple of hours. I received numerous links for support and resources which were really helpful. The support team is efficient and very resourceful. They are genuinely interested in your progress and success. Having engaged in an online webinar, I realised how easy the platform is to use. The Facebook Group is a great resource. The participants are friendly and I learn so much from them. I look forward to actually launching my first courses.

• Reviewed on 18/05/2017
Haydee M.
writer
  • Reviewed on 08/02/2018

"It's been great. Smooth. Like all experiences with all products SHOULD be."

Comments: Peace of mind. Great customer support.

Pros: Its customer service. Its friendliness. Its accessibility. Its genuine concern for the customer's success.

Cons: I wish you could promote more than you have so that I could have found you sooner. Maybe by using the leverage of big-name entrepreneurs. I think that you have a great service that can compete with any of the other ones on the market.

Kofi H.
CEO/Founder
  • Reviewed on 16/11/2017

"In general a pleasant warm and positive experience"

Comments: Further motivation to pursue the training and hopefully the course.
I want to acquire the same customer relations skills that they seem to effortlessly have and exhibit.
So far in my understanding . I am encouraged to pursue y search further.

Pros: The step by step guide is very helpful. Also the staff is all over you wanteing to give a helping hand. I am of the view that the software will help me develop a great course and to teach it or them

Cons: The software could do with some simplification and streamline oftions made available. The great thing is that it does not have too many negative characteristics. Also when members of the team contact audiences they could indicate their relationship with the rest of the team, in particular the individual one just contacted.

• Reviewed on 16/11/2017
Alicia T.
outreach
Education Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/09/2019

"Great Free Trial Option"

Comments: Assisted with development of of materials for a course but have limited exposure to this on an ongoing basis.

Pros: I really like that Thinkific offers a free trial option. This helps you determine if it is the right choice for yourself or your company. It is easy to add modules and alter the material on these modules. You can customize as you see fit and upload the materials needed without issue.

Cons: This product does cost. The trial version gives you that first taste, but the cost could be prohibitive for many.

• Reviewed on 30/09/2019