I am so grateful for this program finding me!

Reviewed on 07/12/2017
Nona H.
Operations Manager
Customer Support

Pros: +The ease of control as the admin-I can see everyone's entries and edit where necessary. +The mobile feature-my foremen can enter their time whenever it is convenient for them and I see their updates immediately. +Producing reports are so easy-it has cut down the sorting through our many Excel sheets to add up our project times by 1000%. We are a small company and did not want to sign up for expensive construction PM programs. This does the job for us without the high expense. +I also use the reports feature to calculate payroll hours...instantly-this has also saved me many hours. +Chat support is instant and they are very helpful and knowledgeable.

Cons: -There are very minor details that TS could work on, when I run into them, I contact their customer support via Chat and make my suggestions. An example of one feature I have requested is that they add a line item displaying the date range on their 'Payroll By Account Code' Excel Reports. I can enter this in manually with no issue, it would just be convenient if it were already on the report itself. I already contacted customer support regarding this and she said she would send my request to the engineers of the program. I hope to see this feature updated, if not, I will continue to use this program and manually enter the date range. It is not a show stopper. I would be extremely sad if this program every closed down, can't live without it now.

MORE SMOOTHLY RUN BUSINESS WITH THE BEST SUPPORT

Reviewed on 09/04/2019
Robbin t H.
Boss
Warehousing, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: We have been using Timesheets.com for at least seven years now. I spent a lot of time shopping around and then had a chance to spend some time talking to Joel on the phone who is the owner. He was so helpful and patient with me so I decided to give them a try. I especially wanted an internet based timesheet program where my staff could post hours, and then our accountants could log in and get the hours twice a month to process payroll, without my involvement as the owner. It runs by itself, and the people who need to use it can do their thing without bothering me. What I like most about this service is that: 1. The customer service is some of the best I have ever seen. If I ever have any problems they are always there to help me and I normally don't have to wait at all. You can tell this is a service oriented business and they care about always making sure their customers have any kind of support that they need. 2. Another feature I really appreciate is that you can set the program so that your staff can't sign in earlier than they are supposed to, and that has been an issue at our place from time to time. To summarize I would say that this program is an example of how technology can make your life and business run more smoothly, while having the best service and support at the same time from real, intelligent and helpful people who care. I highly recommend Timesheets.com to anyone who is looking for a good, solid timesheet program to use for their business.

Cons: I can't really think if anything offhand, but I also don't use the program myself.

Customizable!

Reviewed on 18/01/2019
Operations/HR Analyst
Nonprofit Organization Management, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Our onboarding to the product was a great experience. The Timesheets.com team made themselves very available to answer any/all of our questions, and took the time to understand our needs from the system before providing recommended solutions. Support for training new users of the system was great as well. Since I'm the admin, I figured that I would be the person responsible for training new users, but the Timesheets.com team offered to take care of that for me!

Pros: I work at a non-profit and some of our funders require a number of employees to report where they are spending their work time. What's nice about Timesheets.com is that you can create departments in which employees can associate their time, but also projects as well. Employees are expected to dedicated specific amounts of time to certain initiatives each week and Timesheets.com allow employees to copy over hours week by week and adjust from those amounts. My employees love this feature. It saves them time from reinputting info in that stays constant week over week.

Cons: I did run into one bug while using the software, which Timesheets.com's tech team is working to resolve right now, but in general, for reporting, you can report on employee, by date range, by signed time and approved time. If signed electronically, the report show that the employee (named) and supervisor (named) electronically signed. But in the instance where an employee is also a supervisor or other employees, the report doesn't name them.

Fantastic and Flexible Timekeeping (and more) Tool for Small Businesses

Reviewed on 10/02/2019
John H.
VP and Cofounder
Defense & Space, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: The three biggest issues that Timesheets.com solved for us were:
1. It moved us away from manual (home grown Excel spreadsheets) that were prone to errors, typos, and unintentional formula changes.
2. Can be DCAA compliant for government and government contractor customers.
3. Saved us a ton of time each month when performing payroll and invoicing functions.

Pros: Just about everything. We sampled five other timekeeping systems (four of which were higher priced) and nothing compared to Timesheets capabilities and flexibilities. We are a small engineering services company with a distributed work force. We were looking for a web-based tool that was able to track our time against multiple clients, projects, and codes within certain projects. We also wanted an easy to use interface for entering time on phones and tablets. Lastly, we were looking for a tool that could be DCAA compliant when required for certain customers/projects. Timesheets hit every criteria out of the park and then threw in bonus features like a company calendar, flexible reports, etc. Another outstanding feature is the ability to enter billing and pay rates based on specific customers, employees and/or projects. This feature alone has saved us multiple hours each month when running payroll and invoicing customers. The price point and features are unbelievable! It more than pays for itself each month. Although the tool is intuitive to use, they also provide online tutorials and unlimited tech support when needed. Did I mention that the customer support is actually helpful and competent? I have already referred several other small business owners to this platform.

Cons: I really have no negatives to highlight. I typically am a relatively harsh reviewer of products. This one doesn't warrant a single negative.

What a flexible tool for tracking employee time

Reviewed on 06/09/2019
James M.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Our prior time recording system was so difficult to use and had hard and fast restrictions about when time must be recorded that my employees were frequently not getting their time in. With Timesheets I have no more complaints from my employees about how bad the timesheet software is to use and no more excuses for not getting their time recorded. It went from being one of my biggest headaches to one of the easiest administrative tasks of the week. My CPA is happier with this software as well.

Pros: The software is very flexible. My employees can use the clock functionality to compute their time or they can manually enter their time after the fact.
I am notified about manual time entries and I am able to review everything entered before approving.
Employees are happy with the software
Rollout was very easy and the support from Timesheets.com for the rollout was great

Cons: When reviewing and approving time I feel like it is not as obvious to me of what the necessary steps are when something is unusual. It always works out, but it should be a bit clearer.

I am using Timesheets.com for my salon and it's been extremely efficient and easy for me & the team.

Reviewed on 25/02/2018
Environmental Consultant
Environmental Services, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Ability to easily capture employee hours and monitor online. Ease of use, for me as the administrator and for my employees.

Pros: I really like how straightforward it was to set up for my employees, and how intuitive and easy it is for my employees to use everyday. It took them very little time to get accustomed to it, I feel confident their hours are being accurately captured, and it's easy for me to monitor and approve hours from wherever I am. I also really appreciate that it has an IP Lock feature; with many online systems that's not available or comes at a premium. Though I have a solid team, it gives me extra peace of mind to know my employees can only clock in and out from the salon computer. I have really appreciated the outstanding customer support I've received, from the time I was just considering using it (they answered all my questions), through setting it up, and even after I started using it, they called multiple times to check in to see if I had any questions or needed any further assistance. That's amazing service, especially considering I only have a few employees, so I'm not a large account for them. They truly care about every single one of their clients having a great experience with their product.

It works good, but there are employees that always say they 'clocked in' but it doesn't 'register'

Reviewed on 10/01/2018
Jodie D.
Human Resources
Human Resources, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I would tell people what system we have but I have nothing to compare it with. So I wouldn't be a lot of help for other people

Pros: The main page is nice with the list of employees; the ease of seeing who is clocked in and who is clocked out

Cons: for the senior people it is harder for them to learn. I don't know if we need a security question and all that. it is just a time clock

by Timesheets.com on 11/01/2018

HI Jodie,

I saw your comment about clock punches not 'registering'. This simply doesn't occur, so please call us the next time you think this happened. We have a full audit trail and a breadcrumb tracking ability. Usually when employees report clock punches that didn't take, it's user error. Most of the time they just forgot, and we can tell that because there's no audit trail showing they even logged in. Occasionally the audit trail shows the employee logged in but never punched the clock. This is far more rare. In most cases, it's just a simple case of forgetfulness, but we can certainly prove this if we get a chance. Call us the very next time it happens with the name and date and we'll show you exactly what transpired.

Great for tracking employees who work in the field! Easy to install and use on smart phones.

Danielle F.
Project Coordinator/EIT
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: GPS tracking, Accurate time keeping, Ability to look back and refer to jobs worked on.

Pros: I really like the GPS tracking capability on timesheets.com. It helps to verify accuracy of where our guys clock in and out when they are in the field. It was very easy to install on their smart phones and they do not have any problems using it. It is very straight forward.
Another great feature is the reports that can be downloaded - good for printing timesheets. Also, customer service is great! I've only worked with rep since we've been using the app (September, 2016), but she is very helpful in answering my questions. If she doesn't know the answer, she always gets back to me after researching it with her technical team.

Cons: We would like to use the Customer module of the app for our jobs, but our guys cannot assign a "Customer" to their day through the app. As a work around, we have utilized "Account Codes" and "Notes". The guys will chose the job name using an "Account Code" and in the "Notes", they will indicate the work that was done on that job for the day.

A perfect software to have control of your employees.

Reviewed on 27/11/2018
Jacob H.
Computer Programmer
Telecommunications, 1,001-5,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: This software has helped me to maintain control within my work team, that if it is true that it has its faults in terms of the modification of the times, but the truth is that when you have a work team that you trust and with the accounts, these aspects become irrelevant, as I said before has been quite useful to keep a real follow-up of each employee and according to the data there exposed to be able to take actions either favorable or negative.

Pros: Timesheets is a fairly simple software and the things that I like about it is that it allows me to have a general control of my employees, since it has a name established by the administrator previously and thus to have control of when employees work, what days have missed, the hours of arrival and departure, review of the performances of all members. Another thing that I like a lot and is essential in this software is how simple it is, and what is online therefore all this data does not have to be stored in computers and can be consulted from anywhere.

Cons: One of the aspects that I do not like very much is that the site totally depends on the honesty of the users and this can sometimes be wrong since employees can modify their times, but for the rest I think the objective of the software is quite successful and that can be quite useful.

Overall, Timesheets.com has been a great solution for our company.

Amy B.
HR & Operations Manager
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: I like the fact that I can run any reports I need, based on whichever variables I choose. I also like that I can set cost and bill rates for each person, and for each project. That flexibility is important in a consulting environment.

Cons: I would really like the ability to copy profiles or create profile templates for setting up new users. It's tedious going through each new user profile to set all the parameters and permissions, when they are the same as many existing users. I would also like to be able to give supervisors access to view specific employees, even if they are not under their direct chain of command. Or for them to be able to view all hours entered for a specific project. (Often, the person managing a project is not necessarily the supervisor for all employees on the project. But they still need to see all hours entered for that project.)

Frametechs

Reviewed on 09/02/2017
Michael N.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Or use it to keep a record of all of my jobs I really like how I can break down the jobs per person and it allows me to know where I am financially in real time. Every time I have had a problem setting someone up or Working with the program I have been helped out by someone on the phone and they were very helpful. I do recommend it to everyone I work with

Pros: It is very easy to use and when I need assistance I get it right away

Cons: Sometimes it can be difficult loading a new person on to the program

by Timesheets.com on 09/02/2017

Thanks for the review, Michael. Actually we do have a simple solution for your problem with new hires! You have a feature enabled even though you're not using it, and hiding it from view will make the project time sheet the default login view. I will contact you offline to show you where to turn it off. That will solve your new hire training problem.

Clocking in and Out

Reviewed on 23/06/2016
Cynthia P.
Sr. Vice President of Human Resources
13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Our company has used Timeclock.com since 2011 for both salary and hourly employees. We were able to merge the information/reports with the time clock to our payroll system.

Pros: What makes the software so worthy is the simplicity for both the employee & employer to be able to track hours, notes, vacation and etc. One of the features I really like are the reports that are available. One additional bonus to having this software also includes the archived information on each employee for the hours worked while employed with the company.

Cons: There is nothing to dislike about this software because I feel that the options available make it so easy to setup a new employee.

by Timesheets.com on 29/06/2016

Cyntha,

We appreciate you taking time to review our product after all this time. Reviews definitely seem more relevant today than they might have a few years ago. Thanks again. Each review means a lot to us.

Amazing Product

Reviewed on 14/03/2019
Annie D.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I would recommend Timesheets to anyone and everyone. It is the best time tracking software out there and integrates beautifully with QuickBooks. Solved my problems wonderfully and is much cheaper than the other software options out there!

Pros: Timesheets is easy to use, it integrates smoothly with QuickBooks; It is inexpensive. It has all the features I need - including mileage and expenses without charging me extra fees unlike other popular and similarly named software. And when I needed mods, they were quick to add them. Their customer service is outstanding! They were with me every step of the way installing and making sure that integration was smooth and seamless. They ran through my first couple of payrolls to ensure everything worked perfectly. They followed up with emails and phone calls as needed to make sure that everything was working smoothly. My team has never had any issue using Timesheets. It is simple to use on any device, from anywhere.

Cons: The only thing I would wish for if I could have a wish is maybe a few more reports or that I could customize some reports. That's it. Otherwise I think it's perfect.

We have had a great experience with timesheets.com in the 3 years we have been a customer.

Reviewed on 16/01/2018
Dina D.
Accountant & Payroll specialist
Human Resources, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: It helps us see how much time we are spending with our customers. Since they are billed for a certain amount of hours per month. It is critical for us to know where our time is going so we can bill appropriately.

Pros: It is very easy to set employees up and add customers. We were able to add special tracking items for our customers to help us track exactly what time was spent where. The reporting feature is easy to use to run reports for different time periods and for different customers. It is easily downloaded to other formats. The website is always available, we have never had any trouble with logging in to access it. The cost is very inexpensive for the functionality you get.

Cons: No problems with anything so far. I do have to archive people when we add new people just to stay within our licenses though.

Simple, Straight-Forward Product with Great Customer Service

Reviewed on 23/04/2019
Stacey G.
Operations Manager
Insurance, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Overall, Timesheets.com allows us to track our employees time in a simple, but effective format. And while they may not have all of the bells and whistles of some of the newer time clock software options out there, they do have unparalleled customer support. We have tried others and trust me the added features without the support only equal added headaches. We're glad we're using Timesheets.com.

Pros: The customer service is top notch. The team does not make you feel like an idiot if you don't know simple tasks and they don't put you on hold for an hour if you have more complicated questions. You get straight-forward service whether that is assistance with a real person through the chat bot or more hand -holding service on the phone. Additionally the product itself is simple. While there isn't an app, it's very easy for the team to clock in and out and edit time as needed as well in the browser. They can enter their own PTO requests and I can view them individually or in the calendar mode to compare against who else will be out that day.

Cons: There is no app and it doesn't integrate directly with the payroll service.

We were in desperate need of way to track employee time. It needed to affordable & easy to use.

Reviewed on 10/01/2018
Kevin M.
Managing Member
Hospital & Health Care
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Affordable solution that lets us manage employee time effectively, allows us to create useful reports, keeps employees honest with their time cards.

Pros: Timesheets is a feature rich solution that has allowed us to effectively manage employee time and reporting. It's very easy to configure and manage. It's great at tracking PTO and expenses. One of the features that we find most valuable is the ability to limit access by IP address. Our employees can only clock in/out when they are physically in our office.

Cons: There's not much negative to say about an affordable service that gets the job done with a minimal learning curve. One thing that I feel it lacks is a dedicated mobile app. Timesheets offers a mobile version of their website, but a dedicated mobile app would be a welcomed addition.

Great product, never had a problem

Shannon B.
Management Consulting, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Timesheets.com made it much easier to track employee and project time and record expenses.

Pros: It is easy to use, employee and timesheet setting options are more than enough for our needs, support has been great the two times i had questions, imports data to Quickbooks easily. I also like that we can track all expenses, such as, mileage, we can create and track multiple project time at once and use it from anywhere and upload backup documents.

Cons: In the three years we have used this product we have never experienced an issue with functionality or accesability. I guess the way they charge is not ideal. They charge by numberof users but only in groups, so if we have 5 users and need 1 more we would have to pay for 3 more users in the next tier.

Timesheets.com is a fantastic program for anyone that is looking for a website that is easy to manag

Reviewed on 14/10/2017
Charles T.
manager
Retail, 10,001+ Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: great website program

Pros: What I really like best about Timesheets.com is how accessible and user-friendly this software is. I have had no problems using this software for business use. I also really like that the Customer Service is very helpful whenever we have any problems or delays. It's not that common to have Customer Service representatives go out of their way to help and support you when encountering an issue with their software, but the customer service reps at Timesheets.com go way above and beyond to make you feel like an appreciated customer--even after the issue has been addressed and fixed.

Cons: There wasn't anything we disliked, and our company decided to try something else based on a recommendation from them. If we have to say something that wasn't helpful. I would have to say that it did not correctly track vacation hours. But it is possible that it offered that option, but we were unable the option. I really just done have anything negative to say about it.

I needed an inexpensive solution and their customer service won me over.

Reviewed on 22/02/2018
Adam P.
General Manager
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: I like that my employees are able to submit time off requests and I am notified quickly. It is overall easy to set-up more employees on the account, it does not take a large amount of steps or walk through. Timesheets has been a time friendly way for a small business operator as myself to create a solution.

Cons: I would like for Timesheets to integrate a standalone time-clock system to work with their software. I do not like the fact that my employees have to log into a computer to clock in. I would also like for the employees vacation/PTO time to have two separate columns, one that states what they currently have in the bank and one that shows what they have in the bank minus any approved time off requests. It is currently hard to track if the employee is accruing time off correctly compared to their pay-check stub.

Overall happy

Reviewed on 24/01/2018
Brian B.
Director of Operations
Customer Support

Pros: From a web browser, the site works great. I like the simplistic report generation and the organization of the archived timesheets.

Cons: The interface of the website on a mobile device is not ideal. Unrelated to the mobile device, sometimes when reports are ran, it will automatically charge 1.5x the OT rate even when using an account code on a weekend. I originally thought it was due to the formula to start paying OT after a certain accumulation of hours, but I set that to a limit that has never been reached-so I don't understand why it occurs. My work around is to edit the timecard and use the regular rate, so when the program calculates 1.5x, the amount is correct.

Intuitive software that doesn't require a lot of instructions for me (or my staff) to use.

Reviewed on 28/06/2017
Laurie I.
Writing & Editing, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I complete payroll and track employee/contractor volumes by form reviewed.

Pros: I like that there is always help when I do need it. Very problem-solving oriented support team! I have only positive experiences every time I have either a simple or complex question. They take the time to try and understand my business and the underlying goal that I'm trying to accomplish.

Cons: The only thing I don't love is that we use the supervisor feature so that our contractors can see their rates per piece - but that leaves me a little vulnerable. Since they are input as supervisors, they can also change the rates on me. I bet we are unique in requiring this feature for non-supervisors, however.

Reviewed on 22/07/2019
Marion M.
Principal
Insurance, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Excellent customer service.

Pros: Customer service is OUTSTANDING! As a business owner, I only need to use the system when my office administrator is off, which means rarely. So every time I use it I have questions and every time our reps sign in and walk me through the process. Customer service is outstanding, always available, kind, helpful, productive and quick to reply. Honestly, if I was a regular administrator I would find the system very easy to use.

Cons: The PTO and Vacation accrual does not calculate the same as our Handbook. However, the reps consulted with me so we could implement a workaround. It was a good solution.

As a small business owner, to find a software source with fantastic support at a low cost is amazing

Reviewed on 27/01/2018
Jay T.
Architecture & Planning, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: A system that works !

Pros: The flexibility of its Report capabilities is outstanding. I can generate reports quickly and in multiple different ways to suit different projects & my own personal queries.
Its easy for my staff to enter their Timesheets as they finish each project or at the end of each day.
Being Cloud based it doesn't matter where I am, on what PC or Tablet I'm working from - it just simply all works & its all there !
What more needs to be said !
We love it.

Cons: Probably due to my own lack of understanding, but in when a Staff member leave & I archieve their data, some of those projects continue to be worked on, but the departed staffer's times aren't included unless you delve deeper to activate their times (which depends on you remembering the time period they worked to & from).

Their chat support is wonderful. They respond quickly and helpful.

Reviewed on 25/07/2018
Kim D.
Accounting, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Allows me to track work done by my remote workers, process paychecks more quickly, and provide historical data on specific projects.

Pros: The program is intuitive and offers what I need. There are a number of reports available and customizable in so many ways. The clock in and clock out buttons are conveniently placed. The time entry screen is compact and allows space for making long notes.

Cons: Setting up an employee is the only thing I have needed assistance with and this is only because I add an employee so rarely. There are lots of options available to cover virtually any setting you could want but it can seem be a little overwhelming.

Great features & customer service!

Reviewed on 04/06/2018
Wendy W.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: The software is very intuitive and user friendly. I didn't have to spend much time training my employees to navigate through all the features. The pricing is very competitive and the customer service representatives is very knowledgable and helpful to answer my question in timely manner! I am very happy to switch my timesheet tracking service to Timesheets.com!

Cons: The only thing will be my staffs sometimes mention that it will take a few minutes to log in each morning because it takes some time to start up the PC and lunch the login page, versus if it's a machine they can log in as soon as they enter the office. If there is a way they can log in with their smartphone but strictly limited on office premise only, that will be perfect.

by Timesheets.com on 06/06/2018

Hi Wendy, There's definitely a way to do that! Call us - it's simple and fast. I will email you a the answer as well! There's no software to download or anything. It will just work based on your office IP address.