Filter by:

• Overall

About Kanban Tool

Kanban Tool is a project management service for easy workflow visualisation and optimisation, allowing real-time team collaboration.

Learn more about Kanban Tool

Online Marketing Specialist in Slovakia
Automotive, 501-1,000 Employees

I expected more

3 3 years ago

Pros:

It is a good projects and task management tool, visual and easy-to-use. But as I've used other tools already, I'm not impressed with this one. It's cheap.

Cons:

I advise you to try it out and see for yourself if this one fits your needs or not. For us Trello and Evernote are better but you might be delighted by it.

Nathan T.
Coordonnateur in Canada
Civic & Social Organization, 2-10 Employees

Kanban tool for keeping track of projects and developments

5 last month New

Comments: I use it to keep track of all my ongoing tasks. The flexibility of the cards and categories means that I can easily track requests that are ongoing, on pause, that require immediate action, etc.

Pros:

I love that I can really customize the cards. This is the only tool that allowed me to create flexible cards that fit my varied uses.

Cons:

I found that the android app was less polished than I would have liked, but I don't use it so it's not an issue for me.

Alternatives Considered: monday.com

Reasons for Switching to Kanban Tool: Ease of use and customization.

Wolfram S.
Senoir Consultant SAP in Brazil
Management Consulting, 2-10 Employees

Kanbantool ... an easy to use flexible solution to use Kanban in your projects

5 2 months ago

Comments: It does my daily business in project management much easier

Pros:

Flexibility, Customizing your needs, Short way from general overview to detailed information, differnt platforms Mac/Windows/iOS/Android, linking to all kind of attachments

Cons:

No, at the moment there are no critical gaps in using it

Alternatives Considered: Trello, Microsoft 365 and Todoist

Reasons for Switching to Kanban Tool: easy to use and easy to configure

Ran K.
Ran K.
Software Engineer in Israel
Insurance, 11-50 Employees

Great tool to disseminate and monitor team tasks

5 3 years ago

Comments: great tool overall.

Pros:

Kanban is used by many departments for tasks. We are able to track and disseminate tasks to team members and know were additional resources are needed. Very intuitive UI interface.

Cons:

unable to sort tickets visually, search tool can be improved much more to do quick and more in depth search.

Shore Labs Response

3 years ago

We highly recommend sorting cards by any chosen criteria, by right-clicking an empty space between cards in any column.

Esteban G.
Esteban G.
CEO in Paraguay

Very easy and intuitive tool

4 2 years ago

Comments: Outside of the comments related to the price, it seems to me a very useful solution to work in teams, especially because it is very aligned with the KanBan methodology.

Pros:

What I like most about the tool is the super simple and clean user interface, without unnecessary functions and easy to read. I really like the mobile version that works with the same web interface.

Cons:

The tool seemed a bit expensive to me if you take into account that some office suites have similar functions, I would have liked a lower price.

Product Development Engineer in Turkey
Automotive, 10,000+ Employees

Quite good tool for project management

4 2 years ago

Comments: A good PM application for increasing efficiency on your work

Pros:

I'm working on a very big project management area and this program makes me more efficient on managing complex organization tasks and time tracking.

Cons:

Search tool need to be updated, card sorting is not working. There is no IOS app. Nothing more to add.

Shore Labs Response

2 years ago

Hi, thank you for reviewing Kanban Tool. Please note, there is a dedicated iOS application available: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/kanban-tool/id1096506294

Théo L.
Field Application Specialist in France
Biotechnology, 201-500 Employees

A simple but powerful tool to organize your work

5 5 months ago

Pros:

I was looking for a tool easy to use to help me organizing my daily work. Kanban Tool is really easy to handle and need only few minutes to set up. I currently use it daily to organize my work. It allows me to keep an eye on what I need to do, what I am waiting for and what was done previously. It is very helpful to free my mind from remembering all those things.

Cons:

I don't use Kanban Tool for too long. So, I haven't seen any features that could be improved for the moment.

Ravichandran (ravi) D.
Ravichandran (ravi) D.
Internal Consultant - Continous Improvement in Sweden
Machinery, 1,001-5,000 Employees

simple and detailed scrum board

4 3 years ago

Pros:

the ease of use collasping the story points the ease of controlling what to display on the sticky calendar integration tools to review the progress ability to add notes, attachments and checklist quicky edit the scrum board layout screen castable multiuser log of activites searc option can add task via email and so on

Cons:

changing the background ability to customize the stickies on particular swimlane and category. no much to dislike. i really like this tool.

Daniel A.
Marketing Manager in Mexico

Excellent product for Project Managers across industries.

5 5 years ago

Comments: I have tried Kanban Tool for six months and I can say it has all the features you can expect from these tools and it allows me to be more organized: it is visual, based on colored-notes, drag and drop, you can customize the work flow, for teams, analytics, etc. Take a look a it.

Pros:

It has all the features you can find in other platforms.

Cons:

It has room for improvement (the design). For example, I have also tried RealTimeBoard (awesome design).

Angus F.
Director in Australia
Motion Pictures & Film, 2-10 Employees

Great tool for Simplified Project management

5 4 weeks ago New

Comments: Excellent project management tool. Simple and clean UI without all the unnecessary extras. I can see myself using this everyday for work.

Pros:

Easy to use interface without all the extra fluff added to the UI you often see in Project management tools.

Cons:

Nothing so far. Would perhaps like to have more features where I can share a board with other people.

John R.
John R.
international trade specialist in Poland
International Trade & Development, 11-50 Employees

very useful

5 5 years ago

Comments: Our team started to use this app some months ago and I must say that I am fully surprised how much time it saves and how it improves the organization and communication between the team members.

Sasha O.
US
Used the Software for: Not provided

Kanban Boards using Kanban Tool, Free Trial

4 5 years ago

Comments: Kanban Boards was recommended by my teammate as a great application for managing tasks. What I like is that it is a graphical clear visualization and helps me prioritize what I had going on and in which categories the tasks were. Also, I could color code, I do love that! I use the free version... so I don't have a lot of extra features, but I think the free version offers as much features and functionality as I needed!

Randy d. S.
Randy d. S.
Poland
Used the Software for: Not provided

More than enough for my medium size business

5 5 years ago

Comments: It's been easy to get started with the application from the get go - there are board templates available, so we had a good place to start with/
After this, we've just kept on improving the boards and our processes have much simplified thanks to this. I would roughly estimate that our process is bout a quarter shorter now than before - which is a huge improvement in my book.

Galilée Z.
Galilée Z.
Marketing Manager in Cameroon
Information Services, 2-10 Employees

Pretty good workflow management

4 5 months ago

Comments: Kanban Tool is really doing the job. But the fact that it wasn't so easy to grasp at first turn some members of the team down.

Pros:

We were looking for a tool to collaborate and track our progress. And it did the job. The tasks visualization list helpful and the assignment feature a must.

Cons:

I should admit that it wasn't easy to use. And we finally switched to Trello. Who is much simpler.

Luis M.
Security Architect in Mexico
Computer & Network Security, 51-200 Employees

Pure Kanban

5 9 months ago

Comments: We were using other systems to track our projects, we tried several and our associates didn't identify themselves with any of them, we try it all, time managers, other online tools, none worked until we found out Kanban Tool, since the beginning we fell in love with the tool, they are tracking their work better than ever before, now they don't feel pressured or intimidated by the tools is easy simple take them seconds to track their work and overall we are happy campers.

Pros:

The clean and intuitive user interface, it's really easy to feed and get information from the system, the personalization is great to, having your own domain, simplifies integration with internal systems, for us security is very important because we manage sensitive projects for our customers and Kanban Tool complies with our requirements like SSO, 2FA and user roles. The customization features are great too, you can start working with the system out of the box and once you are immerse in the daily activities you can customize the system to fit your needs it has lots of options at your disposal.

Cons:

I think small business should have high quality options to start, it would be great that the free version had at least a 4 users for free, but well I understand is a business too

Mary grace E.
Unit Head in Philippines
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 501-1,000 Employees

Efficient Kanban Tool

5 3 years ago

Pros:

I love using this tool because I can easily manage and track the status of my projects. It helps to my team to update their assignments from time to time.

Cons:

Limited user for the free version. A little bit expensive but worth it for the organizations to make it better.

Soumalya N.
Engineer in US
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees

Kanban Board

4 4 months ago

Comments: Better than Leankit board or other project management tools on licensing and management perspective

Pros:

Organized way of managing cards dedicated board and proper lanes More controlled way of Moving cards More scalability to add subtasks and metrics

Cons:

Its not very intuitive in designing Should be more user centric on access level

Zoe T.

The best Kanban app I've used

5 6 years ago

Comments: I've tried more than 7 of the popular Kanban applications, and this one is by far my favourite. It's to the point, no-nonsense, clear and easy to use, as well as to get used to using over a longer period of time.

Pros:

- great customization and having the optional features (Power-ups) - time tracking, time reporting, cumulative flow, lead and cycle time diagram, breakdown chart - calendar and file hosting services integration - excel export - swimlanes - horizontal rows for setting a number of projects within one process (haven't seen this in other apps) - mobile access - free version to choose

Thomas B.
Scrum Master in Austria
Information Technology & Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Manage your now via Kanban Tool

5 last week New

Comments: I could easily use Kanban tool to try out the idea of Manage your now by building a Kanban board with the suggested swim lanes and columns, thanks to the flexibility it offers.

Pros:

Flexibility got me. I love, how I am able to group all the tasks, use oh so many colors, a personalized background, and much more. And all of that in the free version!

Cons:

It offers so many possibilities how to be remioneded of an due task, exept one: some sort of pop-up on the kanban board.

Nikolaj N.
Systems Manager in Denmark
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Kanban Tool as a task management tool

4 3 weeks ago New

Comments: Very good tool, I use it every day to manage tasks and keep a clear overview of the things I need to get done throughout my day, weeks months.

Pros:

The time registration and the color coding makes the overview of tasks worked on very clear.

Cons:

As far as I have experienced, I do not believe it is possible to assign a task to mulitble team members.

Jo M.
Roster Coordinator in New Zealand
Hospital & Health Care, 5,001-10,000 Employees

Tsk Management made easy

5 2 months ago

Comments: Excellent tool I use all day every day. Highly recommend and have done away with all my notebooks and diary lists

Pros:

Excellent way to have all your tasks in one place, easily managed. Deadlines clearly visible.

Cons:

Only thing that would be great is a simple button for archiving and deleting rather than a drop down menu

Aneta L.
Manager in
Cosmetics, 5,001-10,000 Employees

With Kanban Tool managing remote teams is a piece of cake ;)

5 6 years ago

Comments: First and foremost - it is clear and intuitive, so you won't have problems introducing it to your team.The creators of KanbanTool took what's best from Kanban method and combined it with seamless time tracking. Integration with other software such as Dropbox, Zapier or Google Drive gives you practically endless possibilities.
Great for delegating work, project management and even brainstorming new ideas.
Totally recommend it!

Pros:

-also an Android app -intuitive interface -really like its layout -easy to customize -a lot of interesting features such as: My Work Widget, Time Tracking & Reporting or adding tasks via email

Cons:

-no iPhone app -more colors of cards would be nice

Roman S.
CEO / Music production expert in Russia
E-Learning, 2-10 Employees

My favourite Kanban software!

5 3 years ago

Comments: I've tried lots of different Kanban software after using real physical Kanban for a while. This is the only software which make me feel that it's working for me and not the opposite.

Pros:

Design. Ease of use. Customisation flexibility. I'm a visual person, for me it's very important. Color-coding, layout, tags, custom fields. Here it looks really simple and it makes you really do the job instead of trying to figure out "how to"s

Cons:

No cons for me. Maybe just small one, for me it would be cool to be able to join some sections vertically.

Vipin K.
Build Release Engineer in India
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees

Love this product very much

5 4 years ago

Comments: About two months backs I was searching a product using which I could manage my personal work. I found many products and tried using those one by one. In all among them I found that kanban tool is very handy, easy to use, mobile application, excellent customer support.. etc. My overall experience is very good. Good luck team - kanbantool.com.

Pros:

Light weight mobile application Easy to use Daily work status emails Free for 2 users ;-) Excellent customer support

Simone F.
ICT Lab Assistant in Italy
Government Administration, Self Employed

Great Kanban Tool!

5 3 years ago

Comments: I enjoyed Kanban Tool in the last 6 months for personal and professional use.
I have already recommended the tool to a colleague.

Pros:

Easy to use Compact visualization Flexible Perfect also for personal use

Cons:

Some interesting feature is available only in Premium profile