15 years helping British businesses

About Kanban Tool

Kanban Tool is a project management service for easy workflow visualisation and optimisation, allowing real-time team collaboration.

Learn more about Kanban Tool

Pros:

Like a lot of people, I’ve been working from home more often, sometimes going into the office once or twice a week.

Cons:

No shortcomings yet for my use but will update if I uncover any.

Kanban Tool ratings

4.8
4.7
4.6
4.7

9.3/10

Kanban Tool has an overall rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars based on 156 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Kanban Tool before?

Max
Max
Advisor in US
Defense & Space, 51–200 Employees

Perfect Match of Capability and Efficiency

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: I have found the Kanban Tool effective enough to build our business (and personal) process steps around it's natural capabilities so that our teams can work on multiple boards with the proper access protections. The single-sign on capability makes it easy to ensure authentication and convenient log-in. Having full control over columns, swimlanes, card types and card templates makes each board unique in how it addresses the need of that board. The Power-Ups are also really nice optional elements that add capability with full control for each board independently.

Pros:

I've been a user of Kanban Tool for many years now. It was initially selected to support a high school competitive robotics team, but it quickly became my recommendation for my personal and corporate Kanban needs. The standout capability that I like over competing tools (such as MS Planner) is the convenience of taking a tasking email sent to me and forwarding it to a specific board with optional identifiers for swimlane, column, card type, assigned user, priority, and due date. This ensures that no task sent by email ever gets lost and is positioned to be processed immediately. It also allows me to use Siri to create tickets throughout my day.

Cons:

There's nothing that I would change about the Kanban Tool.

Candidate in US
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

Supercharging my Job Search

Comments: My overall experience with Kanban has been excellent. I would definitely recommend.

Pros:

I love how simple and easy it is to set up and use. I think the AI integration is seamless and helpful. I also think it's wonderful how many of their features they don't hide behind a paywall and yet there is still great benefit to the paid version.

Cons:

The visuals are a bit simplistic. I would love it to be a bit more streamlined.

Automotive, 501–1,000 Employees

I expected more

Pros:

It is a good projects and task management tool, visual and easy-to-use. But as I've used other tools already, I'm not impressed with this one. It's cheap.

Cons:

I advise you to try it out and see for yourself if this one fits your needs or not. For us Trello and Evernote are better but you might be delighted by it.

Isael Alexander
Isael Alexander
Network and Comunication Analyst in Dominican Republic
Hospital & Health Care, 1,001–5,000 Employees

The tool that takes your projects to another nicel

Comments: It really is one of the best project management tools, managing tasks has never been so easy

Pros:

The most impressive thing about this tool is that it is super easy to manage projects and tasks, users adapt very quickly and easily to using it

Cons:

I don't really like the way of displaying the tasks, it's kind of obsolete. I really think it can be made a little more suitable for today compared to others.

Alarik
Account Manager in US
Media Production, 2–10 Employees

Life savior!

Comments: Absolutely love it. It helps me and my collogues to easy our workflow and communication.

Pros:

It really helps to save time and effort in your workflow. Flexibility, you can build your own board with features that you need.

Cons:

Actually I can't really say what I like the least, because I didn't find it yet.

Owner in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed

Ease of use and functionality

Comments: Overall positive so far. It provides me with the fundamental pieces that I need to implement Agile practices into my business to stay on top of things.

Pros:

The initial setup was easy as I was looking for a simple Kanban tool that I could integrate into my business quickly and with little cost.

Cons:

The navigation was less intuitive than I expected at first, but learning the flow was not difficult.

Martín Marcelo
Sales Manager in Argentina
Marketing & Advertising, 11–50 Employees

I NEEDED TO CHANGE THE TOOL THAT I WAS USING

Comments: Very positive, In one day I changed the tool I had to Kanban

Pros:

Flexible, easily adaptable to my needs, visually simple

Cons:

At the moment everything I have used is ok

Andy
Project Manager in US
Construction, 2–10 Employees

Kanban for Construction

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Excellent use for a visual aid to assist with knowing where each job is at in the process.

Pros:

The Kanban Board helps us to visualize all of our upcoming construction projects and helps give us a snapshot on what job it is, where it is, what notes we have on the job, what the anticipated start date is, etc. This has been a very valuable tool!

Cons:

Nothing so far, I enjoy how easy it is to use and to train others.

Angela
Owner in US
Luxury Goods & Jewelry, Self Employed

I am very happy with this product

5.0 last month New

Comments: The customer service has been exceptional! I really appreciate that. I am excited to utilize the product more fully as I grow

Pros:

The customizability is my favorite part. Especially all the background design choices. I picked a colorful picture of succulents and made all my task colors match the plants. I enjoy looking at the board and that's nice since I look at it all day

Cons:

I would love to be able sort by my chosen criteria and have it always sort by that but they chose to go with the traditional way a Kanban board works. I can respect that. I can still sort them by my preferred criteria so I don't mind

Teresa
Early Childhood Specialist in US
Professional Training & Coaching, 51–200 Employees

Kanban Tool Helps Me Stay Focused

Pros:

Ease of use and increased productivity. I end the week with a clear sense of what I’ve accomplished.

Cons:

No cons so far, it’s working well for me.

US
Used the Software for: Not provided

Flexible, Intuitive Time and Task Management

Comments: I was recently on the hunt for a task management tool that I could run separate from the commercial products used at my workplace. This would allow me to add in personal tasks and lower level tasks that weren't appropriate to track in the enterprise boards I was a part of. I came upon Kanban Tool and was immediately impressed by the set up options; At a basic level, you already have access to basic, time and event driven Kanban boards, as well as several types of team boards for collaboration. From there, you can further customize the columns, number of lanes, and functions. You can import and export tasks through .csv and and calendar, making everything portable. In practice, I was impressed with the simplicity of the cards on the board. They can be created by color, helpful when trying to manage a bunch of different workflows like I am. At a glance, I can also see the priority, days until due (or past due days!), and the number of sub-tasks within a card. That's right - You can set up checklists WITHIN the card, which is hugely useful. If you like to have a card for each subtask, you can do that to, and mark subsequent tasks as blocked until the subtask is complete. I also enabled a cool extra that causes cards to "fade" over time, giving another visual cue to things that aren't getting done. Time tracking for each task was a bit of a revelation. Once I got in the habit of shifting every task I was working (The timer starts as soon as you put it in the "in progress" zone), I got really good info on what type of tasks were chewing up time, and even on the fact that I was working on a lot of things throughout the day that I didn't think to track. Finally, Kanban Tool offers what they call "Power-ups", which are basically plugins. The ones I have been really excited about are the ability to attach files to Dropbox or Onedrive, a custom Chromecast feature that allows the board to be cast up to a TV (Great for my family chore board in particular!), and one that allows you to manipulate checklists without opening cards. In the end, the only real niggle I had with the product was that while I can manually arrange cards in the To Do area (I use multiple swim lanes), one lane can't be longer than the others. I am an enthusiastic product researcher, so I was a bit surprised when my productivity management hunt just lost steam after starting with Kanban Tool. For flexibility and daily use, I couldn't ask for more.

Pros:

Flexibility, extensibility, intuitive interface.

Cons:

Not being able to fully manually arrange to do items.

Stefan
CEO in Switzerland
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Easy to start, use and at least one very important USP

Pros:

You can start really easy and grow while using. The Setup is made very fast and the Powerups helps to not overload your Board. But the most useful feature which I didn't find anywhere else so far is, that you can show the ToDo-List of every card in the Board from the Beginning (always on). You don't need to expand it every time you want to look whats to do. Great feature! Hint: Check the PowerUps in Settings!

Cons:

You have to take care how much Cards you pin to the board becaus it can get look overloaded fast. The missing of "EPIC" leads to use Swimlines as Epic (which works surprisingly good), but makes the board big in some cases. In General, Dependencys between the Cards can be created and Cards can be linked, but there is no visible Dependency on the Board itself (f.e. cards in cards ore somethind like that). On the other side, this is a good opportunity to not over-administrate your work ;-)

Andi
Head of the department of construction and transport in Switzerland
Civic & Social Organization, 2–10 Employees

Enjoy the swimlane!

Comments: Open Kanban Tool and work! It's easy to understand.

Pros:

Easy to use and I like the swimlanes - never saw this in other tools.

Cons:

Well, it's not cheap - but powerfull! The free version is about only two boards. A little more would be nice.

Engemise
PROJECT ENGINEER in United Arab Emirates
Civil Engineering, 51–200 Employees

Great Tool

Pros:

Ease of use, Ease of access and easy to share with colleaques

Cons:

I have been using a kanban tool for managing my projects and tasks for the past month, and I am very satisfied with its features and performance. The tool allows me to create boards, lists, and cards to organize my work in a visual and intuitive way. I can also assign labels, due dates, checklists, and attachments to each card, as well as collaborate with my team members by adding comments and mentions. The tool has a simple and user-friendly interface, and it syncs across all my devices. It also integrates with other apps and services that I use, such as calendar, . The tool helps me to stay on top of my priorities, track my progress, and deliver quality results on time. I would highly recommend this kanban tool to anyone who is looking for a powerful and flexible project management solution.

Marija
Developer / Manager / Consultant in Serbia
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

Amazing Software

Comments: I am a power user, so it is never easy for me to find a software that fits all my needs, but Kanban Tool performance and beauty went above and beyond my expectations, I can't remember the last time when I was this happy with a software. I highly recommend to everyone to try it. Trial does not require a credit card, and support is available to answer any questions that users might have. It is a product made and maintained with love and care, it is perfect.

Pros:

I have tried many Kanban solutions out there but non comes anywhere near Kanban Tool. It is a whole new level of flexibility and clean and beautiful UI. I was able to find every single functionality that I was looking for, therefore I was able to set it up exactly the way I wanted. The UI is so clean and beautiful that it helps me instantly clear my mind and focus on the work with joy. Perfect tool if you need to add extra clarity to your life.

Cons:

No cons whatsoever, I absolutely love this product.

Casmin
Casmin
Public Relations Specialist in US
Telecommunications, 501–1,000 Employees

Great tool for productivity.

Comments: Improved efficiency and team output.

Pros:

It's a great tool to improve team productivity. Whether you're in software development, sales, or marketing, it's awesome. You can easily view everyone's tasks on one board and then assign new ones, rate tasks based on difficulty and time needed, set deadlines, and more.

Cons:

It is the best tool for project tracking and staying on task and productive. The only little complaint I have is that unless you log in, you can't easily see all the changes that have been made.

Financial Services, 51–200 Employees

Kanban helps everyone build a more dynamic workflow.

Comments: Love it

Pros:

The organization and ability to track Jira tickets and issues. To see where every project is at in real time with documentation.

Cons:

Easy to integrate once our engineers got used to it. As we scaled, it was a challenge to move from Slack and email (old habits die hard) but this board helped us as we grew. And we grew exponentially in the past 2 years.

Marie Kris
Process Engineer in Philippines
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 501–1,000 Employees

Easy to Manage Tool

Pros:

I like this tool in managing and deliberations of task to my team. I can easily organized the activities and monitor their work.

Cons:

So far I have no negative experienced in this software. The functions and features are very great and easy to use.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Managing daily work

Pros:

The ability to color-code an put into customized swimlanes, gives a great overview of tasks and deadlines. The ability to take notes in tasks provides the option to have both an agile management tool and a document handling system in one place.

Cons:

I have not found any shortcomings in my use of Kanban tool, I have reached out to the support team, as I felt I was missing a feature, and they were quick to respond and guide me to the needed solution

Wolfram
Senoir Consultant SAP in Brazil
Management Consulting, 2–10 Employees

Kanbantool ... an easy to use flexible solution to use Kanban in your projects

Comments: It does my daily business in project management much easier

Pros:

Flexibility, Customizing your needs, Short way from general overview to detailed information, differnt platforms Mac/Windows/iOS/Android, linking to all kind of attachments

Cons:

No, at the moment there are no critical gaps in using it

Kirby
Kirby
Data Governance Manager in US
Food Production, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Keeping it simple supports better productivity

Comments: I enjoy using Kanban Tool to keep my day easily prioritized as well as see what other tasks need attention.

Pros:

Very intuitive features enabled me to get started quickly and it's extremely easy to customize what you only want to see, without being overburdened by too many bells and whistles that would distract from doing actual work. I really like the emailed work summary of how I have interacted with the board each day.

Cons:

It's very easy to add too many work tasks on the board because I don't know what is really needed. I'd be interested if the tool can help me become more accountable in making progress on only the highest priorities, which is sometimes difficult if I don't have a real due date. I'll also try using some of the available board filters.

Arjen
Arjen
Owner in Argentina
Consumer Electronics, 2–10 Employees

Good value for money

Comments: Very good.
Kanban Tool is a daily used program in our workshop.
We carry out repairs of consumer products in the south of Argentina.
Every product is a card in our Kanban Tool and will manually move through the stages of repair by moving each card(product) through the columns.

Pros:

- Ease of use - Easy to set-up - Availability of the history of each single card movement. - Almost problem free usage (reliable) - Pricing

Cons:

- Limited add-ons available (looking for an easy way to print cards and to add reference numbers in barcodes) - Save card as image option does not work correctly when having a lot of cards in the kanban at the same time.

Cindil
Photographer in US
Fine Art, Self Employed

Great for Personal and Business Management

Pros:

I found this program by accident while doing a bit of research on Kanban. I use Asana or Evernote typically, however those programs are clunky and lack the streamlined functionality of the Kanban workflow. Then I found Kanban Tool! I use this program mainly for personal and household management and it really has saved my ADHD brain from getting caught up in details that might hinder my workflow that other programs have. A great tool for neurodivergent folks!

Cons:

My small complaint is I wish it was a little functional from my mobile device. Maybe an app in the future will help with that!

Automotive, 11–50 Employees

We love Kanban Tool

Pros:

We're able to easily manage complex projects. The add-ons give it additional functionality that comes in handy, and we can add anything we need ourselves.

Zoe

The best Kanban app I've used

Comments: I've tried more than 7 of the popular Kanban applications, and this one is by far my favourite. It's to the point, no-nonsense, clear and easy to use, as well as to get used to using over a longer period of time.

Pros:

- great customization and having the optional features (Power-ups) - time tracking, time reporting, cumulative flow, lead and cycle time diagram, breakdown chart - calendar and file hosting services integration - excel export - swimlanes - horizontal rows for setting a number of projects within one process (haven't seen this in other apps) - mobile access - free version to choose