15 years helping British businesses

About ServiceTrade

ServiceTrade is the software platform for commercial HVAC, mechanical, and fire contractors.

Learn more about ServiceTrade

Pros:

Ease of use, offers numerous types of services, ability to sync with Netsuite.

Cons:

It is a very complicated process that they hide during the demos.

ServiceTrade ratings

4.5
4.7
4.4
4.5

9.0/10

ServiceTrade has an overall rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars based on 312 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used ServiceTrade before?

Keith
Keith
Inspection & Service Sales in US
Facilities Services, 51–200 Employees

ServiceTrade is our Customer Service Department

Pros:

ServiceTrade allows us to integrate our sales and quoting with our implementation and delivery of our services seamlessly to our customers.

Cons:

The onboarding could have been a little more clear with how we should set up our assets with our recurring services. We had to make multiple attempts at getting the assets set up correctly in the beginning.

last year

Hi Keith, Thanks for leaving a review! It's so valuable to receive feedback, so we appreciate you taking the time. ServiceTrade's goal is to enable our customers to deliver better service to their customers, so love to hear that! Best, Mary Clayton

Brad
Facilities Services, 51–200 Employees

Leveraging Field Software for Success

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Outstanding! Great software and greater people!

Pros:

Servicetrade makes all team members communicate better with our customers to best serve them.

Cons:

Paying in full in 1 payment. It would be better to be able to pay monthly.

Paul
Construction, 11–50 Employees

Don't trust this software with your business's vital processes

Comments: We used ServiceTrade for over 6 years for all aspects of our fire alarm business. It was a great software at the beginning.
That being said, they have made too many updates that were not properly tested, and the end result is a software that just doesn't work anymore. They are no longer a high quality product, but continue to charge as if they were.
If you use ServiceTrade for all of your business's processes- installation, work order tracking, recurring service work, invoicing, profitability tracking, timecards, inventory management- you will be extremely disappointed in the result.

Pros:

This software is user friendly. Your field staff will like the UI- either through the cell phone or a tablet. Very customer friendly. Automated emails with custom links is terrific. Overall their product looks great on the surface, and the presentation is top notch.

Cons:

This software is EXPENSIVE. There are much more cost efficient alternatives that perform just as well. Major updates are frequently rolled out without notice, and have a huge impact on your processes. Each update results in more bugs, and have a cumulative negative result on the performance of the software. Updates also effect the app, so field staff are constantly having issues, and have to delete/reinstall the software. Data is extremely difficult to mine (and yes, it costs extra to access that data). Determining how your techs perform, gross profit for projects, sales numbers are almost impossible to gather, and is often inaccurate once you figure out how to run the report. This software does not handle different tax rates, and will result in you charging the wrong rates to your customers, costing you money. Every feature costs more money- and the features frequently do not work as intended. (Timecards, recurring invoicing are major disappointments)

2 years ago

Hi Paul, I'm sorry to hear about your experience. We appreciate feedback from our customers as it helps our product improve and influences the new products and features we release. If you ever run into any bugs, I encourage you to submit a support ticket, so it can be addressed immediately. Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback! - Mary Clayton Shearer

Trip
DOO in US

Service Trade Review

Comments: This is a great product that works to adapt with you.

Pros:

Ease of use, offers numerous types of services, ability to sync with Netsuite

Cons:

More complicated larger jobs are difficult and tedious. ServiceTrade could be more intuitive when it comes to progress billing.

2 months ago

Hi Trip. Thank you for sharing how ServiceTrade is helping your business. As you mentioned, we are always adapting and improving how we support our customers, and any suggestions you have about progress billing or anything else can be shared at ServiceTrade Ideas where it's read by our product team. Find information about ServiceTrade Ideas here: https://support.servicetrade.com/hc/en-us/articles/25274955730323-Getting-Started-with-ServiceTrade-Ideas Thank you for using and for trusting ServiceTrade! - Shelley

Hope
Operations Manager in US
Restaurants, 2–10 Employees

How did we function before Service Trade

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Our experience with Service Trade has been phenomenally good. The system has hands on learning, the onboarding staff was patient, helped me stick to timelines and answered any questions in a very timely manner. I've worked with many new system launches in my career and this was by far the best experience. The process was so flawless that I felt comfortable going on vacation as the system when live without our company. That is how much confidence I had in the onboarding process. I knew my team was ready to work with minimal need for troubleshooting due to all the planning and support received. I enjoy the ongoing to support and access to help offered once go live has been completed.

Pros:

They system allows us to be more efficient by streamlining 4 systems into 2. Service Trade has an excellent customer database that searches for addresses and phone numbers based on entering a few words with an auto fill feature. The system allows us to indicate time frames for recurring services. It also has comment features that allow you to indicate who should be privy to the comment. The system allows you to build templates for most frequently quoted products/services, for scheduling time frames etc. Best of all, based on the variety of features in Service Trade, we have been able to be more efficient with scheduling work, issuing reports, writing customer deficiencies and issuing quotes. Which allows us to be more productive and increase our revenue.

Cons:

The thing I like least about service trade is the invoicing module. In order to issue an invoice for services and then sync it to QuickBooks for follow up there are too many clicks. It is more efficient for me to invoice from our QuickBooks system and simply put an invoice number into service trade. However, this is a minor inconvenience and I understand that Service Trade is not a book keeping system.

2 months ago

Hi Hope. Thank you for sharing some ways ServiceTrade is helping you and your business. We especially love to hear that ServiceTrade can help you confidently disconnect for some R&R! Thank you for using and trusting ServiceTrade. -- Shelley

Liss
Commercial Service Manager in US
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 51–200 Employees

Service Trade

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: the best so far , i love everything about this dispatching software

Pros:

Honestly i like everything but what i really love is how accessible customer service is

Cons:

there is nothing that i do not like about Service Trade

2 months ago

Hi Liss, We love working with you and your team and I will pass your praise of Customer Success to them. I hope you'll consider using ServiceTrade Ideas to share any suggestions you and your team have for how we can continue making ServiceTrade an even better platform for your mechanical business. If you haven't looked at ServiceTrade Ideas yet, the information is here: https://support.servicetrade.com/hc/en-us/articles/25274955730323-Getting-Started-with-ServiceTrade-Ideas Thank you for using ServiceTrade and being a great partner for us. -- Shelley

Facilities Services, 201–500 Employees

Very Easy to use and very user friendly

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: Again, I love the usefulness of ST. I would definitely recommend it to any company.

Pros:

the invoicing of each job is super easy to use. I love the fact that you can see when the customer views the invoice.

Cons:

The syncing with Sage 100 sometimes has its issues. Not syncing with the appropriate codes, is a hassle. There are a lot of work arounds we have to use for it come out correctly coded.

2 weeks ago

Thank you for using ServiceTrade and sharing your experience with others. -- Leah

Matt
Assistant Service Manager in US
Construction, 2–10 Employees

Work with greater efficiency and professionalism

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: The overall experience has been very positive. I have found Service Trade easy to use and made my work more productive.

Pros:

The professionalism presented to the customer. With the Service Trade platform all of our admin is streamlined from the office to the field and back again. It leads to timely information to the right places, and helps us present a very positive and professional image to our customers. Consistently.

Cons:

The complaint is less of Service Trade and more a systemic problem routes in the reliance of mobile data. When cellular coverage is marginal or lacking it bogs the program down.

3 weeks ago

Hi Matt. Consistency is a great word to use - and is important to both employees and customers. We're so glad to hear that ServiceTrade has improved consistency and streamlined processes for your business. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts. -- Shelley

Jessica
Dispatcher in US

Review from Dispatcher

5.0 last month New

Pros:

I use ServiceTrade every day to dispatch our technicians, I like that they are able to have all information for their jobs while on site and able to look at the history of that location.

Cons:

I wish that ServiceTrade had a feature that sent me a notification when a technician clocked out of a jobsite so I knew it was complete without me having to look if it was complete.

4 weeks ago

Hi Jessica. Thank you for using ServiceTrade and sharing your positive experience. I hope you're especially loving the new dispatch board! You brought up a great idea about clock-out notifications, so I asked around. It sounds like that can be done through Zapier integrations. If you'd like to know more about that, please get in touch with [email protected] and they'll guide you to the info about how that could work. Thanks for bringing it up! -- Shelley

Dave
National Service Manager in US

Drop the Paper

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: We love ST and cannot imagine going back to the old paper hand written work orders, phone call dispatching and having to look in multiple places for information in order to send an invoice.

Pros:

The ability to provide our techs with all the info needed in one place. We can track their time via clock events, record comments, deficiencies and photos videos to prove the work was done and to a high standard.

Cons:

Onboarding out technicians was difficult and we learned (after some trial and error) that proper training upfront is imperative. We have also has some issues with Time Card and glitches with the software over time.

Sonya
Accounts Receivable Specialist in US

I don't know what I would do without Service Trade!! It makes my job so much easier.

Pros:

There are so many things I love about Service Trade!! One of my favorite things is being able to see all of the jobs at one location all on the same screen! That way I can look at all of the jobs & pick which one I want to look at. If it's not the one I need I can go back to the location screen & look at the other jobs. Sometimes I have to look at other jobs to get correct paperwork or pictures. So this feature makes my job a lot easier. I like how we can put helpful or important notes in the description box & it's the first thing you see when you bring the job up. It's such a time saver to be able to look at when the tech's clock in & out of jobs so you can see how long they drove & where on site by looking at the Clock Events quickly. The map on the main screen of the job helps us determine locations & directions. The techs being able upload their required paperwork & pictures at the job site is a life saver! We used to do everything the hard way. Our techs would have to bring the physical paperwork back to the office for us to scan into the computer. And the picture issue was a nightmare trying to get them non-digitally. My job location may be changing & my scared that they are not going to have Service Trade & I will have to go back to the dinosaur ages again to take care of the paperwork & pictures. My job without Service Trade would be miserable!

Cons:

I can not hardly think of anything that I don't like about Service Trade! Every once in a while I can see a paper that a tech uploaded, but when you try to open it to the full screen it will just be white & there is no paper, so then I can't save it. And sometimes it will not let you adjust a paper or picture with the dragging the corners feature. But those things only happen like 1 time a month, if that.

Amanda
Manager of Business Applications in US
Public Safety, 501–1,000 Employees

ServiceTrade Review

Comments: We are extremely happy with the ServiceTrade product and team.

Pros:

ServiceTrade is easy to use for everyone in our company. This includes field technicians on the mobile app, schedulers, billers, managers, sales, and corporate users. ServiceTrade helps us track recurring services so that inspections are not missed. With deficiency tracking, they make it simple to quote repairs as soon as they're located and get the issues resolved for customers more quickly. The Service Portal for customers allows them to see their inspection reports, photos, job history, and upcoming appointments at a glance.Their support team is always friendly, quick with their responses, and helpful. Behind the scenes, their developers work quickly and thoroughly to ensure that new features are built as requested, tested, and then rolled out with minimal errors.

Cons:

It would be nice for the mobile app and web versions to automatically log users out after a certain period of inactivity. We have found that some technicians have not logged out in several months, which is usually the root cause of mobile app glitches they experience.

Owner in US
Construction, 2–10 Employees

Service Trade absolutely revolutionized our business. It is amazing.

Comments: Our company went from a literal shoe box full of index cards to Service Trade. It was such an abrupt jump in technology our heads were left spinning. There are so many benefits to using Service Trade that it is difficult to lay them all out. The best way to describe it this. If our company were a car, we went from square wheels to round wheels. Everything just runs smoother and almost all our information is accessible from anywhere.

Pros:

Service Trade understands the needs of service contractors today. Many of us (contractors) are simply not plugged in to the highly valuable technology platforms that we desperately need to compete in the service industry. They have assembled a software platform that is easy to use, easy to learn and yet, provides AMAZING tools that most service companies and contractors could never conceptualize, let alone build, implement and support. They are accessible and interested in my success as a contractor.

Cons:

There is not much I do not like about Service Trade. If I were talking to a friend about Service Trade, I would say that some of my employees faced a bit of a leaning curve to get through. One cannot simply sign up and never work again. They offer live human U.S. based training (a deal sealer for me), training videos, a trouble ticket system, on screen walk through and a growing knowledge center. Like any cutting edge technology, it is exciting to learn, and WELL worth the effort.

8 years ago

David, Thank you for sharing your story. I'll make sure that our services team know that they've made a different for your staff. We're happy to be your partner! -- Shelley

Mace
Food & Beverages, 51–200 Employees

ServiceTrade Review

Comments: Both the people and the product are great. It is a great fit for our organization

Pros:

The ease and the learning curb. It has been extremely easy for our field technicians to learn and implement the use of ServiceTrade into their daily routines.

Cons:

The development team is constantly coming out with new releases. I wish there was a better way for us to keep up with learning those new features and put them to use.

Marek
CEO in Poland
Financial Services, 11–50 Employees

ServiceTrade Review

Comments: My overall experience with ServiceTrade has been positive. The software provided a comprehensive solution for managing service operations, from scheduling and dispatching to invoicing and reporting. Its robust feature set and real-time mobile access enhanced the efficiency and effectiveness of service workflows. However, the complexity of the user interface was a minor drawback that could benefit from improvements to enhance user-friendliness. Nonetheless, ServiceTrade proved to be a valuable tool for streamlining service management processes.

Pros:

One of the things I liked most about ServiceTrade was its comprehensive service management features. The software provided a robust set of tools for managing service orders, scheduling appointments, and tracking service activities. The ability to create detailed job records, capture customer signatures, and generate professional invoices streamlined the entire service workflow. Additionally, the integration with mobile devices allowed technicians to access and update information in real-time, improving communication and efficiency.

Cons:

One thing I liked least was the complexity of the user interface. The software offered extensive functionalities, but the interface could sometimes feel overwhelming, especially for new users. Navigating through various features and settings required some learning curve, and it would have been helpful to have a more intuitive and simplified user interface to improve the overall user experience.

Linda
US
Used the Software for: Not provided

Office Under Control...thanks to Service Trade

Comments: I started working at our family business in January of 2015. I was going to assist the ladies in the office and learn how to do their work, so when they were out sick or on vacation, their work would continue to be completed and they wouldn't be bombarded when they returned to their office. Well, after three months of working three days a week, I took over the management of the office and both ladies left our company. I was shocked at how inefficient the office staff was running the office. Now, thanks to Service Trade, the office is under control. I love the way you can schedule the jobs and make the service recurring, so you don't miss out on the opportunity to service your customer in a timely manner. We add the price to the job so the tech does not have to call us every time he is unsure of the price! This feature has been great for the new techs who haven't learned our pricing structure yet. I do not know how we conducted business before Service Trade, well yes I do....very inefficiently! At first, I was very overwhelmed with the system. The training was full of so much information that my head was spinning! But now after a few mini learning sessions, I consider it easy to use and understand. The quality of the product is the BEST!! So many features are available, that I still don't use all of them. My favorite feature is the connection with Quick Books. The invoices transfer to QB and we just add the invoice number and e-mail it to the customer! No more waiting for the techs to return to the office with hand written invoices for us to enter in QB. We just added the inspection reports to the system, so now we have very nice, clean , easy to read inspection reports from our techs entering the information in the system. Gone are the days of the paper inspection forms that come back to us all dirty, torn and unorganized. The guys at Service Trade are great! Any time I have a problem, it is solved in a timely manner. I've contacted them via the web, e-mail and by phone. They are always willing to assist me with my crazy questions! The money that we paid for Service Trade is worth it! I wouldn't run my office without it. Thanks Service Trade for making my transition to working full time a better experience than it would have been without you!

Fire Protection Manager in US

Service Trade is Easy to Use

Comments: I use Service Trade every day to quote, for customer service, for scheduling, for review of jobs, for quality control, etc. It easy to use and you can access it from anywhere. It's great!

Pros:

How easy it is to use. You can use Service Trade for all aspects of a job, from quoting to job management.

Cons:

I haven't found a way to have site photos appear on every job created for that site.

Richard
GM in US
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

Review from FIRE FIGHTER PRODUCTS, Inc 2-2-24

Pros:

The centralized Online Dashboard and Layout.

Cons:

Actual human live customer support is almost non-existent. No dedicated support, everything is by online service ticket, usually handled 6-8 hours or the next day.

5 months ago

Thank you for taking time to share feedback. We do provide live support from 9 am - 7 pm EST and resolve many issues within a few hours. Our customer satisfaction score of 94% year to date indicates we generally do a good job, but there are always areas we can improve. We value all customer feedback and use it to continuously improve our support and service. Our customer support manager would welcome the opportunity to talk with you about your experience. Feel free to call customer support at (919) 246-9900, opt 2, and ask to speak with Ryan Jernigan directly. Thank you again for your feedback and for being a valued, ServiceTrade Customer! Leah

cady
Manager in US
Public Safety, 2–10 Employees

Cady with FirePro

Comments: I have been using service trade for over year now. Every time I need help or have a question about the program I get amazing feed back from your techs. They are always fast and go above and beyond what was asked. Navigating in this program is very easy and I find the videos very helpful. I also enjoy the online classes like Ned talk they are very informative. My only wish is that you would do an informative training class for users around Oregon or at least some where easier to get to then Carolina. You have added so many new useful things in the past year and i'm always excited to see whats new. I would recommend this program to anyone very efficient and easy and there are so many amazing features. I would rate this company an overall 5 stars in customer service we love being with your company!

Pros:

I would honestly be typing for days if I listed all the pros to being with your company. You guys are great in customer service and your program!

Cons:

Wish there was a training class on this side of the country. It would be nice to talk to other users in a group setting and see what everyone else has learned.

Reggie
Service Manager in US

Service Trade Rocks

Comments: This software is easy to use and robust. I have personally used 3 other automated dispatching software programs and this one by far is the best I have used. I love the fact that with a couple of clicks I can find history on any asset we have performed work on. The ease of building and sending quotes has increased our customer approval. Pictures and videos being uploaded to both the work acknowledgement and the quote makes explaining things to the customer unnecessary in most cases. They can just open the link and look at everything we wrote up. Our customers love the detail and the ease of use for approving quotes and for looking up their asset history on their own. All in all an awesome program.

Pros:

The ease and simplicity the program is to use both on the administrative side and the field side

Cons:

It can sometimes get slow when you have a customer that has a lot (over 800) assets.

William
Project Manager in US
Facilities Services, 501–1,000 Employees

Provides our Corporation with the needed tools to manage our service business

Comments: Management of the entire service aspect of our corporation, from one end to the other.

Pros:

The flexibility of managing Technicians in the field and the backend Office Users; from Dispatching, Scheduling, Invoicing, Forms, and Data. We have a way to track our strong points and our weak ones. The ability to create and maintain our own form library has given us the ability to satisfy our Customers and locale AHJs in a manner we were never able to do before.

Cons:

While we have the ability to create our own PDF forms which we can code to auto-populate most static data, we cannot do this on the couple of Spreadsheet Graphing forms we have created to fill a vital need. Also, when updating the PDF Forms, which is necessary from time to time, we must re-load the entire library section where the form is loaded so it will compile in the appropriate order in the forms package. Those are the very few issues we have experienced, and given ServiceTrade's willingness and ability to address needed updates to their software, we have confidence that these issues will be tackled, if possible.

Facilities Services, 11–50 Employees

ServiceTrade Rocks!

Comments: Our overall experience is outstanding. The ServiceTrade team is very responsive if any issue does come up.

Pros:

ServiceTrade is great for our business and our customers. The customer portal is a feature we offer to our customers that sets us apart from other companies. Ease of use in the field makes our technicians lives better. Scheduling and Time keeping is a breeze. The service history is an invaluable tool. Quoting straight from our technicians completed job helps us make sure we are not dropping opportunities, which improves sales and improves service to our customers.

Cons:

There have been issues with syncing from the mobile devices.

Jasman
Accountant in US
Consumer Services, 501–1,000 Employees

Very resourceful easy to function

Comments: There are several benefits our company gets from this software. It stores our jobs and details, our technicians use it to track where they are to go. We store special notes and comments that helps with invoicing. It helps the executives with gross profits margins. We track parts and labor hours and job details.

Pros:

Easy to navigate around the software. I can search for customers using different variations of the name of business and/or the address of the location.

Cons:

The only thing that I do not care for to much is the tagging feature. If one job is tagged that tag sticks to customer each time a job is set. I.E a customer may be tagged to have a PO for a specific job and maybe the next doesn't need a PO because it was under the dollar value. The PO tag sticks to that customer each time insinuating that the job needs a PO when it not necessarily the case.

Bethanne
Accounting Specialist in US
Facilities Services, 201–500 Employees

Helps make my job a lot easier!!

Comments: I love how our techs can upload all of their paperwork & pictures for jobs. I can go to a customers location & see all of the jobs we have ever done for them. We can adjust paperwork & pictures with the drag & fix option. I like how it keeps track of our techs drive hours & work hours separate. There is a place for all of our information. It is just the best!!

Pros:

Cons:

Like once every 6 months it might go down for like 5 minutes. But they get it fixed & back up & running.

Travis
Lead Developer in US
Consumer Services, 11–50 Employees

Review of service from a developer who interacts primarily with the API

Comments: ServiceTrade is very feature rich and I'm impressed by the variety of use cases that it handles and wealth of features. However for us, this plus is often a downside. We have very specific use cases and sometimes the way data is setup in service trade is not the best fit for us. However, this isn't really a complaint, rather an observation. If ServiceTrade was to fit our needs better, it would not fit the needs of other organizations. I've been impressed with the responsiveness of the service and development teams who have provided timely and detailed answers to questions I have raised.

Pros:

Feature rich UI.

Cons:

With the wide use cases, it often feels like I'm having to solve two or three problems to solve one of our internal problems. Meaning, it is sometimes a complicated process to map a feature request in our domain to an implementation integrating service trade... but I don't know that there is a way to solve that. It is the nature of the service trade platform to have to accommodate a wide variety of use cases, and I understand that.