Filter by:

• Overall

About Five9

Cloud Customer Service with Practical AI - Inbound, Outbound, ACD, IVR, IVA, CTI, Chat, Email, Call Recording, and CRM Integration.

Learn more about Five9

Angelina V.
Angelina V.
Customer Advocacy in US
Restaurants, 501-1,000 Employees

Very Useful

5 2 years ago

Comments: Five9 works excellent for incoming calls, voicemail, call records, ability to leave notes on calls, set callbacks, and search session history. Caller ID is a plus as well. When incoming calls come in the callers info I'd populated and set location configured with other software to link up with.

Pros:

What I like most about five9 is its reliability. I don't have to worry about its software glitching or failing on me. I love how easy it is and it allows you to set call backs.

Cons:

I can't think about any con's with using this software. I have zero complaints. I reccomend using this software to anyone.

2 years ago

Hi Angelina, Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with others on this peer review site. We are happy to hear you have had such a great experience with us at Five9. Thank you again for your time. Best regards, Cindy

Kimber C.
Management in US
Consumer Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees

If you want the best...

5 2 years ago

Comments: The overall experience is great as you can focus on running your business rather than fighting with software. The multiple modes of dialer is extremely helpful too.

Pros:

After several trials with other dialer systems and getting out of a contract with another dialer company, Five9 is simply one of the best systems for large organizations. Not only is it user friendly and easy to set up and management, the reporting functions are great and customizable. So easy to add/remove users and update skills. Uploading leads is a synch.

Cons:

The ability to view agent chat sessions needs to be improved. It appears there is functionality there but in fact, you must log on as the agent to view. Upon doing so, you must kick the agent out of production.

2 years ago

Hi Kimber, thank you for taking the time to share your review here on Capterra. We are so happy to hear that you are having a great user experience, thank you for being part of the Five9 family. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if we can be of any further service. Best Regards, Cindy Seto Customer Advocacy Manager

Garry G.
Principal in Canada
Consumer Services, Self Employed

Five9 - stellar software

5 3 weeks ago New

Comments: Top echelon corporation. From the sales personnel to the implementation team and then round back to after sales support Five9 is a stellar performer.

Pros:

The ease of deployment was key. We had experienced a catastrophic failure of our older telephony system and the Five9 team stepped up and deployed a FAR SUPERIOR solution in record time. Afterwhich, it just worked...

Cons:

There is not much to find fault with. Earlier I marked it as 5 stars across the board --- that says it all.

Doug H.
Vice President in
Management Consulting, 11-50 Employees

Five9 is the best Cloud based VOIP system we have found

5 4 years ago

Comments: We have tried about 6 different companies for our call center and Customer Service Agents and Five9 by far is the best solution. There are cheaper systems out there but you definitely get what you pay for. In my experience the lower cost solutions will cost you more money to implement and manage than just using Five9 to start.

Pros:

There are a lot of things we like about Five9. The service and customer support is very good. They are timely and everyone we have worked with is very knowledgeable. The system itself is very user-friendly. Since you are so involved in setting the system up you quickly become familiar with how to work with it and how things actually work.

Cons:

Initially I had concerns about the pricing with Five9's product compared to several other companies. I actually hired 3 different companies and ended the relationships with 2 before even getting them implemented. The customer service and setup of their systems was a nightmare. One took over 2 months to even get setup and after that several things we were promised didn't work. The 3rd company we used for about 6 months and had issue after issue and promise after promise not met. I came back to Five9 as it is worth the investment for my company.

4 years ago

Hi Dough, thank you very much for posting this excellent review. We strive to be a true partner to our customers, and our customer support team is one of the things that sets us apart from other vendors. Please let us know if we can ever be of service.

Assistant Manager in Philippines
Outsourcing/Offshoring, 11-50 Employees

Unbiased Review

4 3 years ago

Comments: They provide business solutions on a reasonable price. Their customer service is amazing. I haven't had any issues with how their tech or customer support team handle any issues we bring up. They are very personable. I just hope they launch web app for supervisor view that's included in the premium.

Pros:

It's easy to use and accessible as long as internet is available. Supervisor views are customizable to fit preference and requirements. Agent applet/softphone app is very user-friendly. It is not intimidating because it looks simple yet professional.

Cons:

Reporting is a pain. It does not show the numbers that will make sense in a BPO setting. Java based application for Supervisor is also excruciating especially if Java version in the PC is not compatible. Good thing agent applet has web-based option now.

3 years ago

Hi, thank you for sharing your review. We pride ourselves with our excellent customer service team and it's great to hear your experience has been amazing. Please don't hesitate to reach out to your account manager should you have any questions about our reporting or any other features. We're here to help.

Krystyna L.
Quality Assurance Manager in US
Information Technology & Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Managing Interactions With Clients Has Never Been That Easy

4 3 years ago

Comments: You need a solution for maintaining your interactions with the clients without losing your mind? Then you need Five9. I highly recommend this platform to anyone who wants to make sure that all the customer requests are satisfied and needs all the documentation at their fingertips.

Pros:

I've been using Five9 for quite a while for managing all my interactions with clients via different means. Things are easier with centralized reporting. The best aspect of Five9 is that it is cloud-based, so you have no confusion with your documentation. The platform's setup is quite simple, you don't have to be some IT-wizard of Oz to get into it. But even if you can't, you can contact Five9's technical support – their managers can solve basically anything.

Cons:

I can hardly find something to complain about Five9. Even if I had some complaints with them not being up to the minute, I would have been too late with posting it, as the platform is updating constantly. The only thing that I can complain about is the notification, as they pop up in the middle of the screen, but that's more of slight irritation, rather than some major flaw to be pointed out.

Michael R.
Executive Director of Franchising in US
Medical Practice, 201-500 Employees

Take Your Call Center to the Next Level

5 4 years ago

Comments: Five9 was a huge investment into our call center.

Pros:

The reporting features impress me daily. There is a wealth of information coming through your call center each day. If you're not capturing it properly or tracking it, you losing revenue and productivity. Five9 helps you grow your business by not just collecting the data, but understanding it. You'll be able to identify time waste and increase the quality of caller experience

Cons:

If you're not going to do anything with the data, don't collect it. The reporting features are awesome, so if you're not into that, this may not be right for you. It's also more expensive that other entry-level systems. I wish Five9 would offer phone #s and extensions.

4 years ago

Thank you for posting this great review, Michael. We’re excited to hear that our reports are helping you increase your review and productivity. Please don’t hesitate to reach out if we can ever be of service.

David Q.
Call Center Supervisor in US
Retail, 11-50 Employees

Five9 is an easy to use web-based call center platform

5 4 years ago

Comments: Much better view of what our call center was doing. Recorded calls are awesome.

Pros:

Five 9 is easy to us. You can customize it however you want. Adding additional phone numbers or agents is a snap. The account managers we have been assigned have been great. The people they assign to you durning deployment were extremely knowledgeable.

Cons:

Call statistic data only saved for 60 days. Should have a way to save all data locally or keep it on their server for at least 2 years. Makes trending difficult. You can export reports but if you didn't know you need something and then the 60 days have elapsed you are out of luck. There should also be a way to use the administrator functions on the web via a java applet. It would help out being able to make emergency changes on a cell phone.

4 years ago

David, Thank you for posting your great review. Providing "great customer experiences every time" is our vision, and we're excited to hear that your customer experience has been excellent. We're here to help, so please don't hesitate to reach out to your account manager should you ever need anything.

Cecelia G.
Sr. Housing Counselor in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 Employees

Five9 was easy to use when calling delinquent homeowners. Setting up call campaigns and loading

4 4 years ago

Comments: Able to make multiple call passes on the campaign.

Pros:

Able to set up different call campaign to your needs on your delinquent customer. You can call the more delinquent customer first, do a no call campaign and set up the dialer to call the homeowner how every many times you need to. The dialer will remove disconnected call so that you not calling them over and over again during the campaign. The reports were very helpful when trying to see what or how many call were made by the employees.

Cons:

It was hard to understand some of the employees at the helpdesk. You were not able to know how many passes you made on a call. The reporting was complicated on this information.

4 years ago

Hello Cecelia, Thanks for posting your review on how Five9 helped you execute your campaign more effectively. If you ever have any questions about our reporting features, please don't hesitate to reach out to your account manager.

Lisa m. B.
Operations Manager 2 in US
Consumer Services, 51-200 Employees

It's so easy!

4 3 years ago

Comments: I really enjoy using this software. I have had a lot of great experience with customer service.

Pros:

I like that you can customize this software to meet your individual needs. It's very easy to set up a campaign, customize reports and to train the agents on using the software. I work in a correctional industry and I was very surprised at how easy it was to secure the software to meet the Department of Corrections security needs.

Cons:

This software price is on the high end of the spectrum.

3 years ago

Hi Lisa, Thank you very much for your review and sharing how Five9 has made you more successful in your job and in your industry. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us if we can ever be of service.

Selena G.
Call Center Agent in US
Legal Services, 51-200 Employees

Very Effective Cloud Phone Software

4 10 months ago

Comments: Overall I found this a fantastic software. It really does the job you need it to in both an effective and fairly simple way. It has lots of features depending on what you need from it and I think it’s a great addition to anyone needing direct customer communication.

Pros:

Five9 did exactly what it was meant to. It gave me a cloud telephone system that allowed me to make and receive necessary calls, in a fairly straightforward format. For the most part it had great, clear sound, and a steady connection so long as I had a wired connection. I think it’s a solid program that can be configured exactly as you might want or need it which makes it very valuable.

Cons:

Installing it was a multi step process. And I could see how this could go wrong for some doing this at home with no I.T, if they’re not particularly tech savvy. But it’s not overly complex, just something to note. I also believe it worked best on Chrome, but that could have just been my computer.

Bernard G.
Cloud Consultant in US

Excellent cloud CCaaS leader

5 last year

Comments: It has been over the top positive and consistent with feedback from my peers

Pros:

Five9 is an excellent leader in the CCaaS industry as regarded as one of the most complete solution providers. My clients like the scalability and ability to add agents immediately as needed

Cons:

It requires a separate WFE solution from Nice or Verint but that is usually a separate decision anyway

Anthony R.
Call Center Manager in US
Telecommunications, 2-10 Employees

Simple and seamless

5 2 years ago

Comments: Overall my experience with five9 has been positive, and I have benefited from using the software a lot. this have made my job easier by not having to worry about if my agents will understand how to use the soft phones or have issues.

Pros:

I like how easy it is to utilize, and the ability to quickly start using the service once it has been installed on a desktop.

Cons:

Very rarely will have outages where the whole system is not functional and you can not receive or take calls for a long duration. (has only happened four times in the six years I have been utilizing)

Steve F.
Assistant Vice Chancellor of Enrollment Systems and Analytics in US
Higher Education, 201-500 Employees

Very happy with Five9

5 3 years ago

Comments: In general, very happy. For a cloud based provider, I'm not sure anything else out there would do a better job of meeting our needs.

Pros:

As a contact center, we rely on Five9 to connect us with our customers. We appreciate the up-time, call quality and the overall flexibility of the system.

Cons:

When the occasional outage occurs (not very often), it would be nice to have answers more quickly. I'm not sure there is much Five9 could really do about this. Since they support customers remotely and they have a large base, it's never going to be perfect. Generally they do a very solid job, sometimes it's just slower than you'd like it to be. The only other thing I'd note, is that we frequently have to pose our own solutions to our business needs. Five9 can generally support some sort of a solution for any business need we have, however sometimes we have to be creative and come up with our own solutions within their tools.

Shawn K.
IT Admin in Panama
Pharmaceuticals, 201-500 Employees

A++++ Cloud Call Center Solution

5 3 years ago

Comments: I was the system administrator of an Online pharmacy which has several call center offices, here is where I was able to setup, administer and customize Five9.

Pros:

Ease of setup and customization, very intuitive administration dashboard, an infinite amount of customization options, I love this cloud call center application/service. Their support is second to none, I dealt with their support team many times and I have to say I was very pleased with their willingness to help.

Cons:

No any cons I found while administering and using Five9. I am struggling to come up with something I did not like about this cloud call center service

Greg M.
Channel Manager in
Telecommunications, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Five9

5 4 years ago

Comments: Five 9 is a versatile and dynamic platform to use. Depending on the KPI's your center is looking to achieve there are numerous options and settings to make that possible.
Some of the options were eye opening and with the efficiencies seen we saw a spike in production immediately

Pros:

It is a very easy platform to learn. Our agents liked the features it offered, with different skills and campaign sets. The support team from implementation to ongoing support is very helpful. Our account manager and TAM respond in a timley manner and are genuinely invested in how the business is doing. The price is reasonable compared to other providers.

4 years ago

Greg, Thank you for posting this excellent review and for sharing how Five9 has helped boost your contact center’s efficiency and productivity. If we can ever be of service, please let your account manager know.

Jennifer A.
sales in US
Consumer Services, 501-1,000 Employees

Great Software

5 2 years ago

Comments: My work flow is easier and great at alerting me when I have a voicemail.

Pros:

This software is very user friendly. It assures that my day runs smooth and is very easy to navigate.

Cons:

Nothing! Love it! but, if I did have to say one negative thing it would be that sometimes my headset disconnects. Maybe its a computer problem vs the software.

Joseph D.
Director of IT and Marketing in US
Construction, 11-50 Employees

Great Support

5 2 years ago

Comments: a great service overall.

Pros:

The level of technical support you receive is amazing. Frequent updates throughout the day on the status of your case really help move issues forward towards resolution.

Cons:

the extra cost to use it on Apple Ipad. Also the fact that the history data only goes back 60 days

Angie P.
Product Care Manager in US
Hospital & Health Care, 2-10 Employees

Reports

5 3 years ago

Pros:

Crearing a report for the call center is really simple

Cons:

Getting help from customer sevice, they need more training

3 years ago

Hello Angie, thank you so much for taking the time and leaving a review about your experience with Five9. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us if we can ever be of service.

Savvy P.
Recruitment Manager in India

A great communication tool, to contact customers.

5 4 years ago

Pros:

Five9 has all the information you will need to make the right judgement calls for your call center in a reasonable price.

Cons:

Technical Support has room for improvement still. In the last year, this particular service had improved tremendously.

4 years ago

Hi Savvy, Thank you for your great review. We're happy to hear Five9 has helped you make more informed decisions for your contact center. Please don't hesitate to reach out if we can ever be of service.

Aaron D.
Aaron D.
QA Analyst in US
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 51-200 Employees

Good but not great

4 3 years ago

Pros:

Better than most phone software we have used in the past. Integrates well with salesforce.

Cons:

Reporting feature could be easier to use, the learning curve is a bit steep. Acts kinda like Salesforce reporting but not as flexible.

Sales Representative in US
Telecommunications, 11-50 Employees

best dialer

5 3 years ago

Pros:

The integration with salesforce is unmatched

Cons:

not being able (or the IT dept) to adapt it to old CRM.

3 years ago

Hello, thank you for the great feedback regarding our direct integration with Salesforce. Let us know if you ever have any questions.

Strategic Business Development in US

5-9 And Outbound Cold Calling

2 4 years ago

Pros:

User interface is easy to use, the software takes the pain out of dialing, also you do get a high response rate since it’s always dialing.

Cons:

I absolutely hate the fact that I have no idea what business or who I should asking for, until after the call is answered. Sometimes if you have any hardware or connection issues it could be 45 seconds after they answer before you have any idea what the business name is. as an outbound sales agent who cold calls to build a pipeline, in my opinion you have two approaches to cold calling 1) shotgunning - otherwise known as just makinng as many calls as possible and based on law of averages you may get 1-2 prospects. If this is your business mod l then five9 is the perfect fit for your business. 2) Sniper approach - taking an intellectual approach to each call, where you know how long they’ve been in business, products/services, competitors, and other industry knowledge establishing yourself as a well informed expert. I typically use this approach and five9 has not been a good fit. IF YOU WANT TO HAVE NEXT LEVEL CONVERSATIONS WITH C-LEVEL DM’s you need to know this information before whoever answers the call. Uploaded a list of over 5,000 prospects and for some reason over the course of calling 8+ hrs a day 5 days a week For 3 months and anaverage of 150-200 - I’ve only hit 6% utilization of the list. The software seems to get call certain numbers repeatedly.

4 years ago

Hello, Thank you for your review. I have forwarded your feedback to your account manager who will reach out to you to help review the best practices for list management with Five9.

Ankur V.
Project Manager in
Used the Software for: Not provided

Five9 VCC

4 12 years ago

Comments: A year and a half ago when we first started demo-ing Five9 systems, the product had a lot of missing features and parts and seemed far from anything that would have met our demands. But a year later, after hundreds of con-calls, meetings, table top exercise, we have a system that will not only meet but exceed most call centers demands. This nothing but bears testimony to the fact how the CTO and his team were willing to work on our demands and in best possible turnaround have put this product on a fast-track lane. Today, we are thrilled to use the Five9 systems for its features, efficiency and most of all knowing the dev team thats backing the product. Cheers to CTO Jim Dvorking, Dave Van Everen, Akber Abbas, Steve Stone, Sam Shkrabov, Sergiy Krupnov and their entire Pleasanton team.

Pros:

Feature rich predictive, power, auto dialer with PSTN and VOIP support User friendly, intuitive interface, ease of operation, least user training required Accessibility for local and remote admin and users Intricate level of control on campaign, profiles and setting

Cons:

IVR TTS voices could be a little smoother, sound less mechanical and choppy Support for cellular Text SMS would be a nice Answering Machine Detection algorithm could be more robust Will be awesome to have mobile access to lite-admin version

Jevonta H.
Customer Service Representative in US
Consumer Services, 5,001-10,000 Employees

Easy Product To Use

4 3 years ago

Comments: Wonderful product to use. Much better than the software I use now.

Pros:

I worked with this product as a call center rep. It was easy to use and understand. Not overly complicated and it made working in a call center a breeze.

Cons:

It did shut down quite a few times and when it goes down it takes a little bit of time to load back up.