15 years helping British businesses

About PlanPlus Online

PlanPlus Online is an online productivity solution that provides leaders with a planner to plan, execute, and achieve goals.

Learn more about PlanPlus Online

Pros:

Cons:

The website is very difficult to operate on a touch device.

PlanPlus Online ratings

3.8
4.0
3.9
3.3

7.5/10

PlanPlus Online has an overall rating of 4.0 out of 5 stars based on 84 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used PlanPlus Online before?

Rosemary
Oil & Energy, 2–10 Employees

PPO transforms your company, your team and reignites productivity-Seriously!

Comments: Incredible client services! Continues beyond a service purchase.
Company managers - Over the past 15 years, our company has gradually bought into six separate software programs to handle operations. Our recent reorganization demanded a total revamp of the way we conduct business. Our employees spent endless unproductive hours capturing info in the different programs. The PPO program is a robust program that can handle everything in a very logical manner. Plan, prioritize, profile, schedule, sales, marketing, event planning, projects and adapt to social media feeds and tracking in a very unique way thanks to the Franklin Covey component.
Company teams- Millennials-don't let the Franklin Covey name mislead you think this is an older professionals software program. Unleashing the power of all the built-in components intuitively put everything in the proper prospective-FAST so you can move onto your other life roles while remaining in the same program.

Pros:

Everything is in one place. The software binds people and technology together. Company team is on the same track and aware of how their responsibilities are critical to the financial success for the company. The PPO team is constantly adapting their software to the needs of their clients for ease of use. The learning curve is shortened by a convenient "Walk me through" box that guides you through the system. Need more info - over 200 short videos available 24/7. Help eliminate managers time with team questions "how do I"? The Franklin Covey planning integration is the key component that totally launches the software above the competitors. The new Focus and Compass features give rhyme and reason to team responsibilities. The built in Role feature allows the user to assimilate life roles into their business roles for the ultimate experience.

Cons:

At a glance the program seems simple to use the new interface is clean; however the hidden strength relies on the user's commitment to understand the process system of personal planning and how it relates to sales and marketing. In order to maximize the talent of the software, users must dedicate time upfront for full comprehension and the importance of their individual input and relationship to the overall productivity of other users. To comment on the cons, I would have to put the onus of responsibility on the user not the software.

Tommy
Used the Software for: Not provided

Comments: As a contact management software, Plan Plus Online has enabled our management staff to collect, organize, and safely store all of our client’s and/or business associate’s contact information in one convenient database. As our contact list continually builds, all of our past clients/contacts are easily accessed and all past e-mails, conversations, appointments and follow ups are detailed and attached. This function has enabled our staff to greatly improve our client/customer relationships by addressing each contact based on their specific wants and needs. By organizing our database into contact groups, we are able to send out automated email campaigns designated for each specific group of clients and/or contacts. The software application also enables us to create customizable charts and graphs that provide us with an overview of our company’s, planning, progress and achievements. In addition to the software’s contact management capabilities, Plan Plus Online was the only software platform that enabled us to easily create internal sales and marketing processes that are specific to our business activities. This feature has provided us with the proper tools to schedule, delegate, and track all of our internal staff’s interaction with clients as well as their day to day activities such as appointments, meetings, emails, phone calls, etc. Plan Plus Online’s e web-hosted access feature has proven to be extremely productive and convenient. Our administrative staff is able access their accounts from home, on vacation, or from any other computer with web access. Plan Plus Online was superb in providing help and support to our administrative staff during the initial stages of implementing the software, and they continue to promptly assist when questions arise. Their support team provides feedback in a variety of methods including conference calls, web-based meetings, e-mail correspondence, and scheduled training meetings with our staff. I would highly recommend this software to anyone who is serious about establishing a management software system into their current business model. Plan Plus Online has provided us with the tools to increase productivity, improve customer satisfaction, safely store vital contact information, and better organize our internal approach to managing our business.

Financial Services, 2–10 Employees

PlanPlus promises alot but doesn't deliver

Comments: I was trying to set up sales revenue and prospect reports. Their reports worked but in the end, I went back to using Outlook. Working to learn PlanPlus took a lot of time that I didn't have. What concerns me is that PlanPlus didn't do what they said it would do which is to work in tandem with Outlook 365.

Pros:

I liked the fact that they PROMISED that the system would sync with my Outlook account and that they CRM would work in conjunction with my Outlook contacts. They helped me build a system that could capture a great deal of the information I needed to maintain

Cons:

The person assigned to help me really tried but he couldn't fix the software issues between outlook and plan plus. The IT people were only available by email and took forever to get back to me. I gave up trying to make the system work for my needs after six months of frustration. After I stopped calling NO ONE attempted to reach back out to me. I feel that this was a complete waste of a lot of my time and money. When I went to review the plan on their website, they blocked my review so here it is for all to see.

Anthony
Director-International Division in US
Real Estate, 51–200 Employees

Plan Plus Delivers Value

Comments: I first started using Plan Plus years ago when you would load the software with a 3.5" floppy onto your desktop. This has certainly changed. the company is committed to customer support. Rep. who is the Director of Business Development, reviewed my profile and made sure I had all of the options to increase my productivity. This was good to touch base and get updated.

Pros:

This is a super simple web based online CRM that I started using two years ago. I use the calendar function and project management functions the most. The fact that I can check and update my schedule on my smart phone is important. One thing I really like is how user friendly the interface is. There are multiple navigation paths to get things done.

Cons:

I would like to edit the calendar entries and labels more easily. I would like to make some notifications audible and others just visual.

Claudia
Registered Nurse and Business Owner/entrepreneur in US

Empower yourself to perform at your best & bring your team with you.

Pros:

I enjoyed my paper Franklin Covey planner for years but finally went away from it due to its size and using online calendars. Now I have the empowerment of that effective organizing/planning tool online at a reasonable cost. Plan Plus Online allows me more breadth, depth, and detail for planning/prioritizing than any other tool ever has and I have tried many. Plan Plus allows me to integrate my mission with the people and tasks that are most important to me as well as the routine duties of everyday life & work. A Franklin Planner system supports managers tracking conversations and the status of delegated projects easily which in turn helps make evaluations meaningful and timely since the data gathering is already done for you. I am 62 yo and not very adept when it comes to computers and yet the mechanics of this software seem logical and easy to use. It is now very affordable as well. The Plan Plus Online representative, Zach, took the time to link my Apple, Outlook and Google calendars so they all see the same items on my iMac, iPad, iPhone and work PC. He then went through the functionality of the software with me and answered all my questions. >>Great software and >>Great Representative. I could not be more pleased.

Cons:

The online Plan Plus used to be too expensive to justify an 'everyday' human paying for the benefits but it is affordable now and worth every cent. I am no longer in management but I will use the Plan Plus Online in my current job as a preoperative telephone triage nurse following up on the needs of patients (and their multiple appointments, physicians and test results) as well as an entrepreneur starting my own small business on the side.

Robert
President/CEO in US
Logistics & Supply Chain, 11–50 Employees

Great concept Poorly Executed

Comments: I really wanted this program to work, but found that using the principals of 7 steps with a program called WEEKPLAN gave me far better results. I Don't know if Franklin Covey own Plan Plus Online or if they just have their name attached to the program. If it is the latter, they need to get away from the program or get some real programmers and support techs involved. It is a shame, such great potential.

Pros:

The concept of the program and seven habits process is awesome. The rocks and sharpen the saw work, just not the rest of the program.

Cons:

What you actually get with the program is the base of a great idea, but it will drive you crazy. There are a few areas of the program that works well, however, it is clunky to use (you have to click in certain areas of the program and small outlined boxes that do not align with the table are filled in), you have popups that you cannot get rid of and you have areas of the program such as projects, that don't fit the rest of the program. If you just have daily tasks - you may be ok and can put up with the clunkiness - if you have projects - forget it. Customer support means well, but do not respond and you have to pry information out of them.

Genrih
Teacher
Primary/Secondary Education, 11–50 Employees

A very good idea, but...

Comments: I find this app brilliant, but there are some drawbacks which make it very uncomfortable to use.
First of all - the font size. It is so tiny that one can hardly read anything. So if you want to use this app, first buy a magnifying glass, because in thé settings you will find no option to enlarge the font size.
The second drawback is the notes. I want to type my notes on the lines, not in a new pop-up window. And after I've finished my note, I want to see it whole on the page, not only the first line of it.
But still I should admit I spent hours trying to find an app better than this one on the market and I couldn't. This app is the best.

Pros:

I like the design very much. It looks so much like a real notebook. I also like how the schedule and the calender look.

Cons:

The notebook page looks so good, but unfortunately I can't write my note on this page. Instead I see some pop-up window where I should write my note. And after finishing it I still can't see it on the page. All i see is only the first line of my note. I can't understand it. It's so uncomfortable. I want to see my whole note on the page, not only the first line of it.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 2–10 Employees

Doesn't Live Up to Its Potential

Comments: I use this calendaring tool to drive my behavior from a values basis. I like its functionality but will likely stop using it due to consistent sync issues.

Pros:

Very powerful tool with options for personal customization. It's especially good for assisting with values-driven goals, tasks, and planning.

Cons:

It's just awful when it comes to syncing with, well, anything: Outlook, iPhone, Google. Constant issues. It even struggles to sync with its own phone app.

Dimitrios
Regional Manager
Financial Services, 11–50 Employees

Would be nice if they would reply to me

Comments: I have been a user of the software PlanPlus uses for over 10 years. Before they bought out the previous company the customer support was great! Now I can't even get simple answers to upgrade requests that I am WILLING to pay for. Switching after 10 years and 100's of thousands of records to something else is even more of a nightmare....so it is very frustrating.

Rodney
Business owner in US
Religious Institutions, 2–10 Employees

Be ware of their customer service

Comments: Terrible their customer service sucks it’s like no one is at their company. They are using a temp agency as the secretary and all they do is take your name and number. They tell you someone will call back and they you never hear from anyone. I tried to reach this virtual company at least 20 or more times and they won’t contact you back. If customer service is a big thing for you find don’t bother using this company.

Pros:

Software has a lot of flaws to be worked out

Cons:

I couldnt get my data to save in the calendar

Father Brad
Publisher
, 2–10 Employees

Does not work with IOS11

Pros:

Very good program. I liked the reminders and the integrated system. It works the Franklin program well and it helped me. I am disappointed that I can't use it any more as I primarily use my Iphone.

Cons:

I have used for several years on my Iphone. Now they have decided not to update so it is useless. They said Iphone was an extra project, which does not sound like a wise business decision

Shawn
Health Information Manager
Philanthropy, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Disappointment

Comments: The app is very inclusive and does not play well with others. They charge you for use but to make it work with anything but their system it keeps getting more expensive. Then you finally get it set up and they say you have to break HIPPA guidelines to make it work with your system. Or that a pop up window of an error is a known issue and will always occur and they just say you have to go with it. There was no way I was taking this software with those type of gaps to my VP and say let's spend more money on this. Not work the effort at all!

Pros:

The franklin covey time management system, always a plus. The philosophy is carried out in the software.

Cons:

Does not work well at all with outlook, despite promotions, no functionality of app.You can't use outlook like they say. You can not sync with other systems unless you want to violate laws to make your company database accessible to their servers.

Scott
owner in US
Construction, 2–10 Employees

Major Fail and Flawed- Has bad Bugs!

Comments: Calendar Drag and Drop flaw.

Pros:

Makes me really mad trying to use Software that has a bad bug that they haven't fixed.

Cons:

A Major Fail! And Flaw! Does not work right on Computer Browser and they know it but, are not fixing it. They've known about this problem for a very long time. This makes the whole Paid program A Fail and not worth subscribing too. Very frustrating and really makes me mad trying to use this paid-for program. This was supposed to be the premier organizer but, it's broken and does not work right and they know it. I think I deserve a refund. I'm surprised how mad this makes me when I use this program or just think about this program.

Mike
Owner in US
Management Consulting

Plan Plus OnLine Crashes a Lot

Pros:

Helps keep me organized an on task. I like the ability to plan for the long term.

Cons:

Lately I've had problem with PPO's server crashing. This is now twice in 2 weeks. Very inconvenient. It's usually slow on its best days. But this is not tolerable.

DANIEL
Manager, Laboratory Services in US
Hospital & Health Care, 501–1,000 Employees

Use this program to help management tasks and time in a most efficient manner

Comments: This program aides me in my quest to manage my life and priorities.

Pros:

Program has all of the features of a traditional Franklin Planner, but is completely mobile. Notes are searchable and all data is stored and easy to retrieve. Weekly compass feature is great.

Cons:

Goal planning part of the software is not as easy to use as the rest of the program. Occasional bugs in calendar part of program.

Janine
Realtor
Real Estate, 2–10 Employees

Great CRM!

Comments: Spent a long time investigating various CRM's. Also used several of them to try, but none worked the way I wanted. I can use this to organize all of my real estate transactions and everything is integrated including my contacts, calendar and to do lists.

Pros:

Easy to use and great customer support!

Cons:

App needs a little more work

Dan
US
Construction
Used the Software for: Not provided

Franklin Covey user who took the plunge online

Pros:

I like having an easy to use interface, collaborative environment and easy to compare scheduling tools. Also, I like their mobile integration for the iPhone and iPad. I sell mobile very often. It's super easy to access support and their team is friendly.

Cons:

I would like to see more marketing functionality and more visual quality to the layout. Social integration is low, but I hear they are working on it.

Amanda
US
Medical Practice
Used the Software for: Not provided

PlanPlus Online, great customer support.

Pros:

They have very responsive customer service. The staff is incredibly knowledgeable and very responsive.

Cons:

The product has several areas that they have been improving, including the mapping feature and text messaging. Those are current limitations for our operations, but I have confidence that those will be addressed timely.

Michele
Realtor in US
Real Estate, 11–50 Employees

Surprised Franklin Covey would even advertise this

Comments: I think the program would be good if I could get it to work. Customer support is beyond horrible.

Pros:

There are no pros at this point. Possibly the layout is great but I would not know since I cant get it to work.

Cons:

I have tired to sync w/ ical with no success. When you call for support you are routed to voice mail...it takes at least 4 hours for someone to call you back. I am in sales so 4 hours later I am not in my office, in front of computer, etc.. to work out issues.

Neha
Business analysis
Computer Software, 11–50 Employees

review for plan plus

Comments: It a value for money CRM with an ultra feature that used to develop any organization.

Keith
Keith
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

Use it- Love it!

Comments: We use PlanPlus internally for all of our lead capture, sales, and customer management. Our whole company runs on it. We love it. You will too.

Pros:

Web Based, love the task list, very customizable, sales process builder is awesome.

Cons:

Charge per user instead of 1 fee for whole company

Erik
Used the Software for: Not provided

Comments: PlanPlus Online for Real Estate is the best CRM solution on the planet. I have used other top CRM's in the past and I am amazed at this product and service. If you want to scale your business, check out this CRM solution. They smoke the past CRM providers I have used. The implementation and training that is offered is unsurpassed!!!!

Johnny
Used the Software for: Not provided

Comments: PlanPlus online is great for Project Management as well as managing our Sales. We've been able to double our sales over the past 12 months from PlanPlus Online because of their Sales Process Builder. Their Sales Reps are intelligent, knowledgeable, and persistent. Love this program.

Brad
Farming

My own Reviews

Pros:

The communications they share with me and everything new going on.

Cons:

I haven't checked, but the competitors might be a little better priced.

Jill
CEO in US
Legal Services

Smart, patient and wize--Sage lives up to his name

Pros:

Being organized--and having calendar appts plus tasks on mobile. I have used Franklin Planner since the 1990's...leaping into a better use of electronic platform will be life-changing!!! Love what I've learning and I am applying it today.

Cons:

Calling for help on synching. I had problems 3 times...