• Overall
    3.5/5
    3.5/5
    3.6/5

About Virtuagym

Virtuagym is the leader in innovative, all-in-one fitness solutions. For the smallest studio to the largest chain, we have you covered.

Learn more about Virtuagym

Oliver R.
  • Reviewed on 20/08/2018

"BUSINESS PLANNING AND CUSTOMER SUPPORT"

Comments: My business model required a software where we can prescribe and schedule exercise for business travellers and the Virtugym software has way exceeded our expectations and in fact has shaped our business plan much more than we could of antipated.

Pros: The software is extremely versatile which has shaped the business direction of our physical activity intervention for the corporate market. The number of exercises and activities listed in the library is amazing, you can really shape your fitness programming to any demographic, we specialise in corporate health and the library provides everything and more for our exercise prescription. Finally, I find that the using the animated personal trainer is really motivating for clients as they are not intimidated by a perfectly toned personal trainer, which can be demotivating, this tool enables you to look at the character and visualise that you can do the exercise demonstrated by looking at an illustration.

Cons: In the membership phase of setting up the software, it would be useful if you can delete membership you no longer wish to keep active, you can only disable them. However, when I asked a member of the customer support team did explain that other users accidentally deleted memberships, so this is why Virtuagym implemented the disable option. So I guess the users need to be more carefull.

by Virtuagym on 22/08/2018

Hi Oliver,

Thank you so much for your amazing review and the time you took to write it!

We are so happy that you and your customers are happy with our product. Of course, we are aware that we can always improve and therefore customers like you who spend time to give us valuable feedback are truly important to us. Hopefully we'll be able to find a more elegant solution to the membership deletion in the future!

If you have any more feedback for us, please do not hesitate to reach out to us via chat or email!
- Anna, Virtuagym Client Success Department

• Reviewed on 20/08/2018
Alexander G.
Sports, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/03/2020

"What you see is what you get"

Comments: Fantastic customer care experience, guided setup done with patience from one of their stuff, always available via phone for quick questions, the product is sleak and customisable to a great extent even without purchasing extra packets

Pros: Full Features and the pricing scales depending on your business size. That means that you get full service no matter how small your business is. Once you grow, you start paying more. It's a fair model

Cons: Still no Onefit integration but it's really a minor thing. I cannot find anything else to fault them for

by Virtuagym on 28/04/2020

Dear, Alexander

Thank you very much for sharing your experience!

We are thrilled to hear you've encountered so many benefits in your product and the tools we have built for our clients to not only meet but exceed their expectations.

Your feedback is very valuable to us and we will continue to do our best when providing our clients with topnotch services as you all deserve!

We look forward to excelling in every aspect of our services and making all the necessary efforts to be part of your business growth.

Once again, your review is highly appreciated!

Sending you all the best,

Your Virtuagym Family.

• Reviewed on 22/03/2020
Joost H.
Health- and Lifestyle counseler
Hospital & Health Care, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/06/2016

"VG can be big"

Comments: I like VG because it offers it all. In the beginning the development went very fast, but lately I didn't see a lot of improvements. The small details make VG hard to work with. And also for training, I don't like it. It's to complex The supportservice is great and doing the best they can.
I hope the development will show some results in the next year.

Pros: Virtuagym tries to be a total sollution, and will be that. But for no it's "in progress". Has a lot to offer.
The foodapp is great
Customer administrations is good, but need a lot of solvings
Roster app is great. Easy overview of groupsessons and PT.
Extra pay options are good.

Cons: Trainingsapp is to difficult to use. Takes to much time to search for excersises.
App is not ready for Ipad.
Customer administrations is not perfect, but for that goal it has to be perfect. It's so unhandy that you cannot undo your actions.
Coachingapp is not usable to coach. I want to get a sigh when it's my cliënts birthday, when they want or need contact with an instructor.
Taskapp is not easy to use.

by Virtuagym on 06/07/2016

Hi Joost, thank you for your honest and elaborate feedback! We are very sorry to hear that you feel Virtuagym is not offering the things you need as a total package at this point. Lately we have focused a lot of attention on creating new option in our Financial part. For example, we now offer recurring online payments for the whole world! Next to that, we've had updates like iCal/Google Calendar connection with the scheduling app, scanning your POS items with a barcode scanner, more check-in options and in the next update you'll see we've been working hard on a Walkthrough system for new (and existing) customers! In the upcoming months, we expect to release more features regarding invoices, but also a new Schedule and of course the long awaited Workout Editor. We are still working on that, it's just a huge project! We'd love to have a call to talk about important things you feel are missing and how we could improve your experience. I will contact you later this week! Regards, Floor

• Reviewed on 16/06/2016
Jodie W.
Gym Owner
  • Reviewed on 04/03/2020

"Great Options and Features"

Pros: We wanted to set ourselves apart from all other Fitness Facilities in the area. Virtuagym gave us that ability. We were able to create and customize an App specific to our needs and have the ability to make changes as needed as we grow. I love that everything is in one place and we easily view sales and memberships.

Cons: Some of the functions are not as user friendly as others. There seems to be added steps that could be better set up especially in Point of Sale.
It was a learning curve to switch to a new system for us, but it seems to be working smoothly now.

by Virtuagym on 28/04/2020

"Dear, Jodie

We are glad to hear that Virtuagym has become such a great asset to your business. We love the fact that you find our custom app a useful tool for your needs!

Your feedback is very valuable and we would like to hear more about those steps you consider unnecessary. Please email us at [email protected] using the code JA31136 in the subject line so we can set up a time to chat about your ideas and feedback. (remember, they are doing us a favor by spending their time on us to give us feedback, make it sound valuable to us as well)

Looking forward to hearing from you!

With warmest regards,

Your Virtuagym Family"

• Reviewed on 04/03/2020
Rebecca C.
Personal Trainer
  • Reviewed on 17/03/2020

"Satisfied customer "

Comments: I think a lot of work needs to be done on the client interface in terms of scheduling workouts and how they view these. The word that comes to mind is clumsy.

Pros: Easy to use once you know how. I have been using this for bookings and managing my accounts and it works well.

Cons: The cost to increase membership base. I run Group training and would love to be able to add these members onto the system but it is gets too expensive. If I could I would use the booking functionality more. Further to this the app in terms of clients experience is not great and east for clients to use and understand so I tend to not use this. When putting in place programmes for clients it is confusing for them to find the workouts. This needs to be simplified.

"Dear, Rebecca

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with Virtuagym!

We are happy to hear that you find our modules for booking and managing accounts useful for your business.

We would love to discuss with you further how you envision a more user-friendly interface for your clients and we understand that this is the #1 priority for most of our clients.

Please email us at [email protected] using the code JA35287 in the subject line.

We look forward to hearing from you soon!

With warmest regards,

• Reviewed on 17/03/2020
Janine M.
Client Experience Director
  • Reviewed on 25/01/2020

"DO NOT USE THIS SOFTWARE"

Comments: Dealing with virtuagym has been an absolute nightmare. If I could give it less than zero stars, I would.

Pros: The only positive thing about virtuagym is being able to put our company's circuits in the app for clients to use during open session. However, we were told that we'd be able to film and upload our own exercises and that has only worked once. I've spent HOURS editing and uploading videos only to have them not work. It's beyond frustrating. It took 3 weeks to hear back about this issue and all I received was "Currently, there is a bug that is affecting a few portals the same way and it is almost ready for deployment by our software developers." 6 weeks later and the videos still don't work.

Cons: Everything about this software is a joke. We've had countless issues dealing with them and little resolve. The biggest issue we've had is the "system" copying contracts and adding unpaid credits to client’s profiles. We've had over 130 credits applied which is over $10,000 worth of sessions. I work for a small business and if we hadn't noticed this, we would be out of business. We’ve had contracts ended and added by the “system” as well discounts being added or not removed. It takes days, sometimes weeks to hear back from anyone about anything. When they email asking if the “ticket” has been resolved and I say no, they close the ticket out and we never hear back from them regarding the issue. I’ve been asking for weeks to get a call with upper management for my boss to speak with someone and we finally got something worked out and the call was canceled and hour before it was supposed to happen. I would use extreme caution doing business with them. I was not a part of the company when we brought VirtuaGym on, but they must have a good sales team. However, that’s where it ends.

by Virtuagym on 26/02/2020

Hello Janine,

We are of course very sorry to hear that you have had such an unfortunate experience. When dealing with software technology it is impossible to avoid bugs, issues, and glitches even for large companies like Google, Apple, Netflix, and Facebook. That, of course, does not make it any better for you as a business and can take away precious time and occasionally money.
Unfortunately some fixes take time, more time than desirable and the support team do their best to answer client queries in response to the problems.

It seems that in your case, the situation was not handled to your satisfaction and we would be happy to discuss it with you in further detail. Please email us at [email protected] and put reference code AH34431 in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you!

• Reviewed on 25/01/2020
Amy M.
  • Reviewed on 08/01/2020

"The WORST Customer Service ever....but really good App based system for workout tracking"

Comments: I was attracted to them for their features, which I have not found a comparable replacement (maybe I'll will try programming my own in the future), but honestly, it is never going to be a one-stop shop as I was hoping with the way their system is going. I absolutely DREAD talking to their customer support system as they are very ignorant and stubborn about their policies, I think there have been a few people [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] who have been understanding of our issues and actually tried to help. Everyone else seems to think that our problems are not their problem, and don't really take the time to truly understand their own software. Payment system is absolute crap, you're better off using a different system like Stripe or Square. Their scheduling went down for a whole day and all we got was a "SORRY" e-mail. I mean...our customers were unable to book for a whole day which is several hundred dollars in revenue and that's all you can say? We switched to a different booking software when that happened. But I will most likely keep virtuagym for the fun features they have like the workout tracking and such (and also because I am inadvertently locked in for a 1-year contract that was never fully explained and keeps increasing because no one will take the charges off....yay.)

Pros: Their workout trackers are awesome. I love that they integrate with different companies (though maybe not particularly well) as I was trying to set up an integration with AccuroFit and after two month, it still seems they cannot figure out how to do this. I purchased their recommended bioimpedance scales which is great because we are able to run gym challenges, and members love being able to track their lifting workouts and have a workout player whenever they want. We regularly use the community portal aspects of the software and the app based system makes it easy to talk to members and send notifications about specific things.

Cons: Their salespeople are good. Good enough that with their features alone they can convince you to purchase a YEAR LONG subscription without trying it out. By the way, they don't ever explain to you what features you're paying for or when your pricing goes up, why that happened because you accidentally made some changes that affect your subscription. The customer support team/on-boarding team is absolutely dismal. From day 1, I felt like I was explaining to their support how their system worked. They have no idea what is going on and they basically give you 2 30 min phone calls and expect you to figure it out on your own (when they can't even figure it out). I wanted to setup a system that allowed for different credits and booking based on levels and their onboarding specialist asked me during our first phone call "What software did you switch from and why?" I explained that I switched from WellnessLiving and what I liked about them and person managing our account told me "Well maybe you should have stuck with them." They have an difficult system for trying to reach anyone to answer your questions. They use Zendesk, which is both incredibly confusing as it goes into (how I understand it) a central e-mail system which can take them 1-3 days to get back to you. At which point, they respond with very unhelpful advice or flat out ignorance. Also, their pay service integration sucks. It is very difficult to use them for bookkeeping and POS and I ended up just resorting to Square.

Dear Amy,

We are glad to hear that you are enjoying the Tracking and the Community modules of our system but are devastated to hear that you had such negative experience with the service that you had received.

We would love to reach out to you and see how we can improve the situation. Please check your in-box :)

• Reviewed on 08/01/2020
Kayla D.
  • Reviewed on 16/03/2020

"Great App, horrible customer service"

Comments: I rate is a 5/5 for the App and a 1/5 for customer service.

Pros: I wish I could rate this App 5 stars for everything as it has been an asset to my business. I use it every single day to run my online business, the app itself is very user-friendly for my clients and easy to use on the back end. It has many great features that make creating and following workouts very easy.

Cons: If you are looking or in need of good customer service, this app isn't for you. They have failed me many times in the customer service department. Slow to respond, sometimes days when I need assistance urgently. My app was down for a month and a half earlier this year, what should have been my best month of the year ended up being my worst of all time. They have a great product, just need to put a lot of work into their customer service.

"Dear, Kayla

Thank you very much for your review!

We are glad to hear that our app has become such an asset for the development of your business and that your clients find our many available features easy to use.

The situation you had mentioned about your app being down, did you mean that your entire app was actually down, or were you referring to the issue we had experienced with custom workouts not playing? As the only record of the issue that we have is with the workouts and that was due to YouTube changing their license agreement and unfortunately, that affected any business that relies on YouTube to share their videos.

We would love to hear more about your experience so we can continue to improve the service we provide to all of our clients.

Please email us at [email protected] and use the code JA18615 in the subject line.

Your feedback is very valuable and welcomed!

Sincerely,

• Reviewed on 16/03/2020
Mariano F.
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/11/2019

"'Client Success Team' & Updates problems"

Comments: Not as it was described upon selection

Pros: Workout plans, meal plans and invoicing on 1 software

Cons: 'Client Success Team' & all the issues that come up with each developer's update. After doing our best to keep up with the numerous issues encountered we have 2 major issues that are severely affecting our business. We have already emailed the 'client success team' for months but no temporary solution/help was provided and honestly we doubt even if the issues were understood, further to the replies received. We also asked for the contact details of someone at a higher position and where informed that he can give us a call only next week! 1 of the issues has been reported 3 months ago and till today no feedback/solution whatsoever were offered. It's already the second day with the 2nd issue and this is keeping our business on hold. For obvious reasons such issue is costing us a lot of money plus damage to our reputation with our clients.

Dear Mariano,

It sounds like you didn't have the best of experience and we are deeply apologetic for that lapse in service.

We will reach out to you shortly to see how we can improve the value we provide to your business.

• Reviewed on 05/11/2019
Marshall W.
  • Reviewed on 19/03/2020

"Improvements "

Comments: Overall good experience but difficult to make payments.

Pros: Overall easy for clients to set-up and use.

Cons: For some exercises it would be nice to have a feature to record videos or be able to post live streams.

"Dear, Marshall

Thank you very much for Review!

We are happy to hear that you find the tools and solutions we have built for you easy to use.

Just to make sure you take complete advantage of our tools, let us share with you our current streaming options:

1. Here is a link on how to create a custom activity in which you can upload your own videos https://virtuagym.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/201870881-Workouts-How-do-I-add-a-video-to-a-custom-activity-

2. We recently launched some other options for streaming and you can find further information here on both articles https://business.virtuagym.com/blog/explore-virtuagym-new-integrations-live-stream-on-zoom-youtube-google-hangouts/ and https://business.virtuagym.com/blog/live-streaming-via-your-virtuagym-community/

We hope you'll find this information useful for your business!

• Reviewed on 19/03/2020
Ryan L.
Owner/Personal Trainer
  • Reviewed on 03/02/2017

"By far the BEST training software for Fitness Professionals!"

Comments: I have been using Virtuagym since April 2016.. I have used other platforms for my business (Mindbody, AmStatz, MyPTHub).. Virtuagym is on another level. There is a reason why they are internationally recognized and used by gyms around the WORLD. What sets them apart from any other service out there is there database of exercises and the ability to demonstrate each movement without having to be sent to a youtube video. The workout builder is awesome and very easy to use. The ONLY problem I can say about it is I wish there was a way to switch between reps vs time on exercises, and allow a way to create supersets & circuits. I have been able to easily work around that by just adding a note in the specific workouts I create. And their customer service has already confirmed them working on updating that portion of the software. Speaking of customer service.. They are amazing! You can call them anytime and speak to a real person! If you email them about an issue, someone replies within an hour.
Scheduling clients is super easy. The app allows clients to register for their classes and automatically tracks remaining sessions/credits.
The nutrition side is great for holding clients accountable and works similarly to myfitnesspal, but better, mainly because it is integrated with the workout portion of the program allowing clients to track calories burned/consumed. As the trainer it allows us to monitor each client individually allowing the info to remain private between trainer/client.
The software also has a online portal allowing you to create "groups".. This allows you to separate members and easily communicate with your entire team.
Overall I absolutely LOVE Virtuagym. Whether you're running a small studio (like me) or managing a large capacity box gym, investing in Virtuagym will instantly separate you from your "competition", especially with the custom mobile app!
*****5 STARS ALL DAY! *****

Pros: Everything! But most of all I like the Workout Builder. 2nd would be the "Online Portal"

Cons: The ONLY thing I wish they would update is the Workout Builder.. Offering buttons to more easily switch reps/time, type of workout (circuit, hiit, supersets). Also maybe a way to copy exercises if you are doing them more than once within a workout? Virtuagym has already confirmed they are working on updates. In the meantime I have been able to easily work around these by adding little notes within the specific workouts.

by Virtuagym on 08/02/2017

Hi Ryan,

thank you so much for your feedback! Just reading this made us feel proud about the hard work we all put into creating not only a great product but also cater each client's specific needs.

As my colleagues have already confirmed, we are currently building a new version of the workout editor which will include many more different functions such as circuits and supersets.

All best,
Alkistis

• Reviewed on 03/02/2017
Daniel D.
  • Reviewed on 10/03/2017

"Virtuagym: great all-in-one system"

Comments: My partner and I began with Virtuagym after I had investigated their booth at the 2016 Club Industry Show in Chicago.
From a mobile-fitness owner's standpoint and for traditional clubs, this system can be your go-to for a complete software.
First off, their support is exceptional with live chat and dedicated, rapid email response. All of my concerns and questions were always answered in a timely manner and from my requests, they've made changes to our system for us on what we wanted.
For specific feautures, Ill touch on a few, but their pdf catalog/brochure really lays out everything nicely for what is offered.
New and existing members can sign up for the system via request or going to the club's "online shop" where they may browse the club's products and packages. They can view a schedule with the club's class listings and book their spot. Member's receive their own profile page which can be customized and it is part of the club's own social feed. Groups can be added for different demographic purposes for what population the content speaks to.
Members can create their own workouts from a large exercise and activity database, track their progress with many measurement options. Track food with a huge database of foods as well as create your own meals by saving particular foods in the nutrition diary as a meal, so it can be accessed later if the client makes and eats the same thing. Nutrition facts are clearly displayed and this can be a good tool, however does take time and work for one to become proficient and willing to do this all the time. The system syncs with Fitbit for basic statistics and VG has their own activity trackers that go with their system, NeoHealth, which could be a promotion to members. From a personal coaching standpoint, I would grade this system a B. Ive been told some updates are near that would work out some kinks and be useful additions. Push notifications, a "circuit/superset" option in the workout builder, majority of posts on the social feed go through, but some receive an error and most be re-entered.
But alot is offered. You can send workouts and activities to the client's activity calendar, set up and fill in their meal plan and set goals.
For business, everything is offered. Point of sale, kiosk check ins, marketing, services, memberships and more can be edited for the individual club or coach's liking

by Virtuagym on 13/03/2017

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your nice review and for your accurate description of our service! It is great to see how well you are doing and how efficiently we are helping you run your business!

Features such as push notification and superset editor (and much more!) are currently in our roadmap, and we hope they will be implemented soon, in order to make us deserve your A-grade!

We thank you for the valuable time that you have spent to write this review, and please do not hesitate to reach out if anything!

Have a great day,

Walter - Virtuagym Customer Success Department

• Reviewed on 10/03/2017
Alex G.
  • Reviewed on 06/03/2020

"Good product for my Online PT business"

Comments: Overall I'm satisfied to be able to have a tool that takes lots out of my plate in admin processes.

Pros: Easy to create workouts and deliver them to my clients. Keeping track and accountability are major for keeping motivation. The business admin has been very helpful to keep finances easier

Cons: The customer service communication at the beginning with me was not good, take to long for getting and answer. I see they have been working on it, but still, lots more to do to improve post-sales client service

Dear, Alex!

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us.

We are excited to read that you have found our workout components and administrative module useful when guiding your clients throughout their fitness journey!

As a team, we want to sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you had experienced during your initial communication with our customer care division. We will continue working towards becoming more effective when addressing our clients' requests in order to deliver outstanding service!

Once again thank you for your suggestions!

With warm regards,

Your Virtuagym family.

Emm C.
  • Reviewed on 08/03/2020

"Tick Performance"

Comments: Being in another country does make it difficult to follow up with any issues

Pros: I like the content and the presentation, back end content, and app store app

Cons: I am still waiting for Ezidebit Aust to become apart of the integrations - I was initially informed it would be less than 1 year to onboarding but 2 years later I am still waiting.

by Virtuagym on 24/04/2020

"Dear, Emm

Thank you very much for your review!

We are glad to hear that you find our content and presentation, positive aspects of Virtuagym.

We would like to hear more about those areas of opportunity you feel we can continue to work on when it comes to better access to back end content.

Unfortunately, our partnership with Ezidebit has been put on hold. With their current pause of payouts to clients, we are unsure when this can be picked up again. But we will make sure to keep you posted once there is a change in their situation.

Please feel free to write to us at [email protected] using the code JA23872 in the subject line.

Many thanks,

Your Virtuagym Family"

• Reviewed on 08/03/2020
Allen L.
  • Reviewed on 08/06/2018

"Customer retention and ease of communication was our primary goal this software smashed those goals "

Pros: The fact that I can communicate with all my members in one place, schedule, take payments and have the full functionality of the finance section, but also add in as many staff members as needed specifically to their individual departments just Love this option. Great to track memberships and attendance as well as online option to our business.
The support by far is AWESOME the team that looks after the UK clients are simply incredible and they go over and above to help and have worked late working on our system and to know that you have a full office pulling out all the stops to make things awesome for your business is such a relief. Telephone, email and chat feature are the support methods and when that office is shut other offices worldwide pick up the issue and assist so the support package is by far the best I've come across and without them I would have not stayed with the software. But they have gone above and beyond to help us get it right and that I value a lot, team is fantastic real-life hero's

Cons: The notifications are not very quick, and the apps are individual as opposed to being just one for portal, food and coaching. Lot to get head around at first but support is incredible

by Virtuagym on 22/08/2018

Hi Allen,

Thank you so much for your kind review!

We are so happy to hear you're happy with our product and services. As a company, we try to improve and learn every single day and that is why your feedback is so incredibly important to us!

We know what a daunting and difficult process it is to adapt and learn a new system. There is usually a lot to learn and not much time to do so - However, that is why we are here to help, assist, consult and guide you.

Please do know that if you have any feedback or require any assistance from us we're happy to help! :) - Anna, Virtuagym Client Success Department

• Reviewed on 08/06/2018
Patrick M.
Medical Practice, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/03/2017

"I have had success with the Virtua Gym software package. "

Comments: I have been using the Virtua Gym branded app & all in one package since September 2016. Initially it took a bit of time to navigate the system and find out how I could use the features for the services we offer. After some testing, we built new meals plans, as well as integrated workout plans through the software. My team of Dietitians have been able to incorporate the Virtua gym software into some of our planning and tracking, and our clients have had great success. The software is all inclusive, it has many features available to you, so you can customize your software package to your needs. Overall, I am very satisfied with the product, and it has allowed me to expand my services offering. Customer services has always helped me with any issues I've had. I recommend VirtuaGym!

Pros: The many different software features to run a health clinic

Cons: I was told that the software would link with fitbit scales, however, they do not link to the scales, only the trackers.

by Virtuagym on 24/03/2017

Hi Patrick!

Thanks so much for your kind comment. Familiarizing with the system at the beginning might indeed take more time than after becoming a Virtuagym master. This is absolutely regular, as it relates to a new and revolutionary way of working! We are very happy that this time was well spent and we hope to have addressed you to the best, as we always strive for!

We're working to expand the range of hardwares that we connect to, therefore stay tuned in order to get the best out of our service!

If anything, please do not hesitate to give a shout and we'll be happy to help you out.

Have a great one!

Walter - Virtuagym Customers Success team

• Reviewed on 18/03/2017
Jessica B.
Senior health fitness program coordinator
Professional Training & Coaching, 1,001-5,000 Employees

"Virtuagym- CFW"

Comments: Overall the system is okay. The staff for Virtuagym when calling in should know how to answer every question when asked. The product could have an updated appeal to the server. Make reporting overall easier and have tutorials for learning all aspects of the system rather than having to schedule a meeting with a rep when they don’t know all of the answers to help which delays the process.

Pros: Different options members have with logging their information, easy manual check in process

Cons: Out dated, not being able to merge multiple favorites to one, active with a profile is misleading if the members have not completed the waiver for reporting, reporting features aren’t 100% helpful (shouldn’t have to export in order to run a report). With being with the company for a little over a year the system has went down a lot.

Dear, Jessica!

Thank you very much for sharing your input in regards to our services and solutions.

We are glad to hear that you've taken advantage of the data logging and manual check-in tools we have developed for our clients!

Your feedback about the merging options, reporting features, and system steadiness is very valuable to us.

We would love to have a conversation with you about the areas of opportunity previously mentioned, feel free to write us at [email protected] using the code JA24699 as the subject of the email.

Sincerely,

Your Virtuagym Family.

Tracy Y.
Personal TRainer
  • Reviewed on 18/07/2019

"Great product, terrible "contract terms""

Comments: After 15 months of using the system it is now more than I need and far too expensive given that I have downsized my operations. I have tried to cancel only to be told that because I was into a second term of the 12 month contract, and not provided notice within the month before renewal, basically "too bad - pay out your contract - that's what you agreed to over a year ago".
The sales guy explained to me on sign up that I was committed for one year... alarm bells should have sounded then...
When I asked where my renewal reminder was 3 months ago I was told they don't do those and that these are the terms I had agreed to. Even big end insurance companies are required to provide renewal notices! Most subscription services confident in their product give the ability to cancel your subscription at any time.

Pros: The product is great for a big end gym. I like the social media side of things in building a community.

Cons: As a personal trainer of a small business it has proved more than I need and far too expensive given our exchange rates.

Hi Tracy,

Thank you so much for you feedback. We do indeed prolong contracts with 12 months, as stated in the terms and conditions. I am sorry to hear that according to you this has not been clearly communicated. If there is anything we can help you with then please contact us via [email protected]

• Reviewed on 18/07/2019
Justine G.
Managing Director
  • Reviewed on 09/05/2016

"Not what I needed "

Comments: This software is better suited to someone wanting to manage clients one-on-one, manually. After trialling for a few days, I realised that it wasn't going to suit my business coaching needs as we do some group programs (as do many Personal Trainers and gyms) and I need a system that has automations integrated and the ability to tag and group my clients based on the programs they are doing. This system cannot do this. This company doesn't advertise a free trial period like many competitors but is still bound by the cooling off period on its contracts. I cancelled 5 days into trying to set up the system. A week later, after advising the product wouldn't suit, I am still waiting on an answer about a requested refund and cancellation of my contract. Even though by law, Virtuagym must provide at least a 7 day cooling off period, 8 days later they still won't confirm that I can cancel. I still have to wait 'on management reviewing' my case? I have trialled 3 other systems and haven't had any issue up to this point. There are some amazing programs on the market but it's hard to ascertain the functionality of system until you work in it. I have now had to advise my bank of this dispute and to challenge the current charge plus any further. I am really disappointed with this poor service.

by Virtuagym on 11/05/2016

Hi Justine,

Thank you for reviewing Virtuagym. It's a pity our software didn't completely match your needs.

I would like to clarify something for the readers of your review. We do not offer a trial right now, because we want to help you get the most value out of the system. A guided onboarding process has been the most successful for our existing clients. Our solution is very extensive and flexible, and therefore we prefer to help our clients getting the most out of it based on their needs. Together.

Also, as far as I know, a 7-day cool off period only applies to consumers, and not to businesses. I can see you signed a 1-year contract with us. By law, I don't think we did anything wrong. This is the first time I heard about this specific case happening, so I assume that's why it takes a bit longer to get back to you.

Our support team will be back in touch with you soon, and I'm sure we'll find a satisfactory solution.

Tommy Klouwers
Marketing Manager

• Reviewed on 09/05/2016
Terrence B.
  • Reviewed on 11/03/2020

"Good product "

Comments: Good

Pros: Pretty easy to use. Does a good bit for my business.

Cons: Some glitches in the program and mobile app is tough

by Virtuagym on 24/04/2020

"Dear, Terrence

Thank you for your review!

We are happy to hear that your experience with our solutions has been both seamless and useful.

Your feedback is very valuable. Would you please share with us some more details about those glitches you've encountered? Please email us at [email protected] using the code JA15177 in the subject line.

• Reviewed on 11/03/2020
Recreational Facilities & Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 04/12/2018

"So much to offer"

Comments: I enjoy using Virtuagym and so do my clients.

Pros: I love how much the software has to offer! I wanted a software that does it all to automate some of the work. They have scheduling, coaching, exercises, nutrition, activity tracker, point of sale, online shop, challenges, etc. The customer service has been amazing!

Cons: Because it has so much to offer, it has been a bit overwhelming setting it up and learning. However they offer lots of training videos and 1-on-1 training, you just need to set time aside for that.

by Virtuagym on 12/12/2018

Hi There!

Thanks for leaving such a wonderful review for Virtuagym!

We are glad that you are enjoying our product to take of your scheduling, coaching, exercises, nutrition, activity tracker, point of sale, online shop, challenges. It sounds like Virtuagym is taking care of some heavy lifting so that you can focus on making the world a healthier place! We work very diligently to give you the tools to do what you do best so I will pass your review along as it will provide our team with great encouragement to keep doing what they are doing.

I know you mentioned that because it is a lot to learn a new software that you have felt overwhelmed. Nonetheless, we are happy to be here with you and for you every step of the way. Just reach out, we are just an email away at [email protected] !

Thank you, once again, for your kind words.

• Reviewed on 04/12/2018
Pascale L.
  • Reviewed on 04/12/2019

"Terrible Customer Service"

Comments: Highly recommend against using it.

Pros: Variety of workouts and easy to use for food logging.

Cons: The customer service! First it took about 1 month before I could even use the customized app. Then I couldn't see my workouts in my app. Apparently that was an Android issue and took about 3 weeks to be fixed. I used the software for some time and, since my client don't really use it, canceled my 1 year commitment 30 days in advance. But nobody seems to be available to acknowledge my cancelation. There's no phone number, no chat feature or anything. Very upsetting and time consuming. They better don't charge me again since I fullfilled my 1 year contract.

Hello Pascale,

Thank you for your feedback.

We understand that the CMA process can be a little overwhelming and take a little too long for our clients to complete. Because of that we had since introduced a CMA Specialist to make the process fast and easy for our clients.

Glitches with Android is something that is unfortunately outside of our control and we work closely with Android and iOS to find a swift resolution do minimize the inconvenience caused to our clients.

All that being said, we do wish to apologise for the delayed cancellation process. No excuses there and we do appreciate you taking the time to bring that lapse in service to our attention.

Thank You!

• Reviewed on 04/12/2019
Shane C.
Operations Manager
  • Reviewed on 06/06/2018

"Will be good in another 1-2 years I think, but currently not as great as it makes out it is."

Pros: The software has the beginnings of a well rounded, professional platform - IOS and Android applications complement the Web Portal Interface. Many of the features are workable, some are much better than the other alternatives on the market.

Cons: Lack of visibility in product's development - as a client we don't know when a promised feature will be released (if ever). Basic functionality such as the ability to create supersets inside the workout editor took years to implement; VG stated that this was because the workout editor needed a complete redesign; but did not give anyone any idea of when this would be released other than *soon*. Billing automation is clunky and does not integrate with many of the vendors in the market.

Hi Shane,

Thank you so much for your feedback! We completely understand your point about the transparency of the development of the product. Our road map changes based on the developments in the fitness industry, so providing actual release dates is not common in the SAAS world. We do want to become more clear in the way we communicate updates. Thanks!

• Reviewed on 06/06/2018
Junior L.
  • Reviewed on 04/02/2017

"data driven! "

Comments: I love using virtuagym as a trainer, but even more so as a business owner. It has made my client management so much more efficient. My absolute favorite part is the simple set up of the body metrics! As a trainer, it is imperative that you keep good notes, as well as document accurate changes in their body, strength, cardio, etc. And since we do this weekly, the paper stacked up fast in each client folder. Now, I save the paper cost, and purchased an additional laptop for the gym. We can't say enough good things about virtuagym and their staff! Happy to be a part of the team!

Pros: pretty user friendly. And a lot to offer.

Cons: the workout builder needs to hurry with the options of circuit workouts, and drop sets.

by Virtuagym on 08/02/2017

Hi Junior!

Thank you very much for your review! We are happy to have you in the Virtuagym family! It's so nice to hear that Virtuagym helped you with both the practical as well as the administrative aspects of your fitness business. Also your feedback about creating a payroll option for staff sounds amazing so I will make sure to discuss this with our product developers.

Kind regards,
Alkistis

• Reviewed on 04/02/2017
Greg M.
Vice President of Fitness and Education
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/03/2020

"Review of Virtuagym App Platform"

Comments: Good, better, best - from due diligence through launch and ongoing support we could not have asked for a better rollout process and support. Their platform is intuitive and easy to set-up and they have worked to customize a detailed integration with our Club Management Software ABC Financial. Been impressed at every turn - cannot recommend them enough!

Pros: Robust platform with comprehensive feature set and support and implementation team that consistently goes out of their way to provide education and guidance every step of the way.

Cons: Really like the entire package - looked at every options out there in detail and Virtuagym checked all the boxes. Their ongoing support has made it an absolute pleasure to work with everyone on their team!

Dear, Greg!

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Virtuagym.

We are happy to hear that your onboarding and launch processes turned out great! And look forward to being part of your growth and success.

With warm regards,