Virtuagym Reviews

Filter by:

• Overall

About Virtuagym

Virtuagym is the leader in innovative, all-in-one fitness solutions. For the smallest studio to the largest chain, we have you covered.

Learn more about Virtuagym

Tim W.
Fitness company owner
Recreational Facilities & Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/08/2020

"THE MOST AWFUL CUSTOMER SERVICE AND FITNESS MANAGEMENT PLATFORM EVER."

Comments: TERRIBLE. TOP TO BOTTOM.

Pros: AWFUL ACROSS THE BOARD. TOTAL RIP OFF. ZERO CUSTOMER SERVICE. CONSTANT PROBLEMS WITH SOFTWARE. RUN. MINDBODY IS 1000X BETTER. SO GLAD WE SWITCHED BACK TO MINDBODY.

Cons: AWFUL CUSTOMER SERVICE. INADEQUATE APP. USER EXPERIENCE WAS AWFUL AND CONFUSING. WAY OVERPRICED.

by Virtuagym on 05/08/2020

Dear Tim,

Your feedback is very much appreciated,

It is indeed very sad to hear that our services did not meet your expectations.

We've been performing constant improvements to the system itself and the options available that it's a little bit strange to read it did not work for you at all.

Unfortunately, when dealing with technology, obstacles will always arise and while we try to deal with the issues quickly and thoroughly, at times it can take longer than desired to solve those.

Finally, we've also added several qualified and expert people to both our development team and support for the client's consulting, in an attempt to continue improving our times for solution delivery.

We'll definitely look up your account records as I mentioned before, to make sure all areas of opportunity can be accordingly addressed.

Please do let us know if there is anything else we can be of assistance with.

• Reviewed on 04/08/2020
Dylan M.
Owner/Head Trainer
  • Reviewed on 23/03/2021

"Virtuagym for Upstart Fitness Companies"

Comments: Helps me stay efficient with business operations, helps build brand, adds value to member experience.

Pros: Software is easy to use, adds value to your brand, and is organized for efficiency.

Cons: I don't know that I have a significant grievance with any part of the software.

Alternatives Considered: GloFox, Mindbody and Mariana Tek

Reasons for Switching to Virtuagym: Virtuagym seemed to be the best overall fit for me, others have functionality I would like to see VG incorporate in the future but not enough to outweigh total product.

by Virtuagym on 26/03/2021

Hello Dylan,

Thanks for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review!

We are happy to hear that our product is exactly what you were looking for.

Please feel welcome to email us at [email protected] if we can be of further assistance.

Team Virtuagym

• Reviewed on 23/03/2021
Itzak L.
Sports, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 29/04/2021

"Perfect for branding my martial arts brand!"

Comments: [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] were my main points of contact during the onboarding, and the experience was great! Onboarding was about 3 months long, giving me time to work with the app, have my questions lined up and pretty much [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was able to answer almost everything, and if there wasn't a clear answer, he made sure to find someone who did know and follow up. After every webcam meeting I was sent recordings of the meeting that I still refer to, along with a summary of everything we talked about. Very down to earth, easy-going and made the onboarding experience not so painful. We were able to flesh out everything, from the design of my website to incorporate Virtuagym's webshop of my memberships, to setting up payments, to helping me setup my merchant accounts correctly. With [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], he made the app-making process very easy. Granted, I already had a iOS developer license since I already had 1 app on the market, so that took less time to finish compared to people who might need more attention on how to do that. Other than that he made sure my branded app was looking just the way I wanted and answered all my questions incredibly fast. So far I'm very impressed with how the company handled the onboarding and the design of their software. It has its hiccups but nothing too big or dramatic to make me think less of their software.

Pros: -If you're looking to stick out against the competition, having your own branded app is a MUST. I feel like this company really understands that, with the private trainer sector being highly over-saturated with exercise enthusiasts trying to find a way to stand out. Everyone lives on their phones, so only makes sense to push towards that. I've had the idea for the longest time to get my martial arts brand off the ground and teach through an app, and Virtuagym's setup was pretty impressive. -With the app design, there's a section on my web portal dedicated to just that, from design interface, to what I want to offer, to the schedule and more. By the time my app was ready to go live, all they had to do was refer to my app design section to upload everything. I didn't have to do any app coding whatsoever, so that saved hundreds of hours and thousands of dollars in app developer costs. -The scheduling software is pretty top notch. I'm able to list all my classes and connect it to a calendar on my website that's always live. -The Pro version of my app gives my clients an additional app, the Foods app, where they can keep track of their nutrition, calories and macros. Pretty much gives my clients 2-apps-in-one. -The Support Team has been very responsive to me. They get back to me pretty fast. The onboarding team were awesome and really helped me complete all the things I wanted to offer through my training. -The Coaching design of the software is great!

Cons: -I wish the videos could be connected through different providers. Right now, the app uses YouTube to connect all my exercises to my videos in the app. It'd be nice to offer different means, like Vimeo. YouTube has restrictions to videos, like only being able to load 16 videos per day and sometimes loads slow. -Clients are unable to listen to their music at the same time as watching any of my videos. However, the support team is aware of this hiccup and is looking into it. -One option that I really liked about the previous software I used (Zen Planner) was the ability to list ranks and creating conditions of when they'd be ready to test for a promotion. However, I also understand Virtuagym's focus is sports and exercise, not exclusively to martial arts, so it makes sense that it wouldn't offer this. -The check-in desk software could use some work. Right now it's only Windows-based, so that cuts out other people like myself that use a Mac. Easiest thing they could do would be having an easier check-in process on the dashboard that I could open up on a web browser on my iPad, with pictures of my clients that they would tap to check in. Maybe the check-in software on Windows is great, but I haven't had the opportunity to test it yet.

by Virtuagym on 03/05/2021

Dear Itzak,

Thank you kindly for your detailed review. We greatly value our clients' insights on what they enjoyed the most as well as the areas of opportunity.

It has been a pleasure onboarding you into our system and we look forward to seeing your brand grow exponentially with this awesome tool at your disposal.

Please do let us know if there is anything else we can be of assistance with.

Anna Howard
CS Manager

• Reviewed on 29/04/2021
Gregg M.
Owner Operator
  • Reviewed on 08/08/2020

"COULD BE AWESOME BUT IT NOT"

Comments: Lack honesty and integrity: they have been dishonest on a number of occassions adn never admit that they are lying to you. They promised us a payment provider other than PayPal in 2016, and we are still waiting. They dont seem to care that much for clients outside of The Netherlands.
Very poor support: take too long to return communications, many customers IOS APP's have not been updated since 2018 when they claimed to have notified us all about a change in Apple App store policy and even after two years of apps not being updated they belived it was not their responsibility to assist their customers.
During COVID closure they continued to charge full price and even took extra payments out of our account while we were closed and had no income.

Pros: WORKOUT BUILDER
Extensive exericse library and custom exercises (including videos) are easy to add.
MOBILE APPS
There are Andriod and IOS App for customers and a Coaching App for coaches to use. They are good when they work.
MANY FEATURES
They provide features for Club management, and for coaches and customers. Have not found another software company that address all three well.

Cons: EXTREMELY OVERPRICED. Im a small owner operator and they charge me $300AUD a month.
BUGS GALORE .It often has bugs and therefore doesnt work efficiently.
IOS MOBILE APP - Has not been updated since 2018 and it has taken me over 2 months to get them to do it.

by Virtuagym on 13/08/2020

Hello Gregg,

Thank you for your review.

We're glad to hear that you find our workouts and coaching module easy to use along with the features we provide for club management.

Your feedback is deeply appreciated, although we work very hard day by day trying to provide our clients with the top-notch service they deserve, there will be times in which technology will have us facing certain obstacles.

The areas of opportunity you've mentioned will allow us to continue assessing our priorities with a better focus as we move along into a path of success.

Let us remind you to reach out whenever you feel like it by emailing us at [email protected] we'll be ready to help!

All the best.

Virtuagym,

• Reviewed on 08/08/2020
Andeas K.
Gym owner
  • Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 06/08/2020

"Good platform, but no payment system support in Denmark & bad customer service"

Comments: Good platform, but really bad service. They dont fix bugs thats not working, slow custom service. If you have a gym or fitness center in Denmark / Europa dont buy this system. Payment does support it & there not helping you fixing it!

Pros: - Easy to use
- alot of features
- Good app setup
- Good platform layout.

Cons: - Support reply is really really bad..... Long reply time when you write a email.
- No phone line for service or support.
- Automatic payment system does not support Denmark (Paysafe, Mollie Sepa, Gocardless dont work in denmark)
- Still working to get the automatic payment system to work, but there not helping out.

Alternatives Considered: GloFox

by Virtuagym on 17/08/2020

Hello Andreas,

Thank you very much for sharing your thoughts about Virtuagym!

We're glad to hear that our tools and services work fine for your business and are easy to use.

We've worked really hard to come up with the most complete solution for our clients, it's wonderful to know that our app set up and platform layout are a plus for you!

Feedback is one of the most important pillars on our company, which is why we'll definitely take a closer look at your interactions with our client success team and continue to work to provide you with the outstanding support you deserve.

Let us remind you to reach out at [email protected] and we'll share with you our new enhanced phone line for questions, concerns, and requests!

Wishing you all the best,

Virtuagym,

• Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 06/08/2020
Daniel D.
  • Reviewed on 10/03/2017

"Virtuagym: great all-in-one system"

Comments: My partner and I began with Virtuagym after I had investigated their booth at the 2016 Club Industry Show in Chicago.
From a mobile-fitness owner's standpoint and for traditional clubs, this system can be your go-to for a complete software.
First off, their support is exceptional with live chat and dedicated, rapid email response. All of my concerns and questions were always answered in a timely manner and from my requests, they've made changes to our system for us on what we wanted.
For specific feautures, Ill touch on a few, but their pdf catalog/brochure really lays out everything nicely for what is offered.
New and existing members can sign up for the system via request or going to the club's "online shop" where they may browse the club's products and packages. They can view a schedule with the club's class listings and book their spot. Member's receive their own profile page which can be customized and it is part of the club's own social feed. Groups can be added for different demographic purposes for what population the content speaks to.
Members can create their own workouts from a large exercise and activity database, track their progress with many measurement options. Track food with a huge database of foods as well as create your own meals by saving particular foods in the nutrition diary as a meal, so it can be accessed later if the client makes and eats the same thing. Nutrition facts are clearly displayed and this can be a good tool, however does take time and work for one to become proficient and willing to do this all the time. The system syncs with Fitbit for basic statistics and VG has their own activity trackers that go with their system, NeoHealth, which could be a promotion to members. From a personal coaching standpoint, I would grade this system a B. Ive been told some updates are near that would work out some kinks and be useful additions. Push notifications, a "circuit/superset" option in the workout builder, majority of posts on the social feed go through, but some receive an error and most be re-entered.
But alot is offered. You can send workouts and activities to the client's activity calendar, set up and fill in their meal plan and set goals.
For business, everything is offered. Point of sale, kiosk check ins, marketing, services, memberships and more can be edited for the individual club or coach's liking

by Virtuagym on 13/03/2017

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your nice review and for your accurate description of our service! It is great to see how well you are doing and how efficiently we are helping you run your business!

Features such as push notification and superset editor (and much more!) are currently in our roadmap, and we hope they will be implemented soon, in order to make us deserve your A-grade!

We thank you for the valuable time that you have spent to write this review, and please do not hesitate to reach out if anything!

Have a great day,

Walter - Virtuagym Customer Success Department

• Reviewed on 10/03/2017
Anna W.
Founder of Rock That Fitness
  • Reviewed on 27/01/2021

"Wish the Product Would Work as Advertised"

Comments: Frustrated

Pros: Customer service is friendly and easy to access

Cons: I give feedback all the time to customer service.
I'm frustrated with Virtuagym. I've made several attempts to create motivating challenges for my Rockstar Clients only to be disappointed because Virtuagym is not working right and their data is not being processed into the challenge.
This is soooo disappointing. I get my clients all excited for a challenge, they sign up and then it doesn't work. It creates mistrust from them in me and the app and it's a let down. Especially since I am a loyal customer with over 100 members.
Also, STILL waiting after months on the sycn for Fitbit to be corrected.

Alternatives Considered: Trainerize

Reasons for Switching to Virtuagym: Customer service was easier to contact

by Virtuagym on 31/01/2021

Hi Anna. Thank you for sharing this with us!

We are sorry to hear about the difficulties you have had with the challenges.
We are already picking this fix up for a near-future release, so hopefully, this will have a positive impact on your business.

• Reviewed on 27/01/2021
Patrick M.
Medical Practice, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/03/2017

"I have had success with the Virtua Gym software package."

Comments: I have been using the Virtua Gym branded app & all in one package since September 2016. Initially it took a bit of time to navigate the system and find out how I could use the features for the services we offer. After some testing, we built new meals plans, as well as integrated workout plans through the software. My team of Dietitians have been able to incorporate the Virtua gym software into some of our planning and tracking, and our clients have had great success. The software is all inclusive, it has many features available to you, so you can customize your software package to your needs. Overall, I am very satisfied with the product, and it has allowed me to expand my services offering. Customer services has always helped me with any issues I've had. I recommend VirtuaGym!

Pros: The many different software features to run a health clinic

Cons: I was told that the software would link with fitbit scales, however, they do not link to the scales, only the trackers.

by Virtuagym on 24/03/2017

Hi Patrick!

Thanks so much for your kind comment. Familiarizing with the system at the beginning might indeed take more time than after becoming a Virtuagym master. This is absolutely regular, as it relates to a new and revolutionary way of working! We are very happy that this time was well spent and we hope to have addressed you to the best, as we always strive for!

We're working to expand the range of hardwares that we connect to, therefore stay tuned in order to get the best out of our service!

If anything, please do not hesitate to give a shout and we'll be happy to help you out.

Have a great one!

Walter - Virtuagym Customers Success team

• Reviewed on 18/03/2017
Pamela H.
Medical Fitness Director
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/10/2020

"Perfect for a boutique fitness center"

Comments: The setup and support have been amazing. It was so easy to set up personal training packages and sign up new members.

Pros: Keeping track of invoices and member sessions is a breeze. I love having a branded app to share homework with members and the ability to use it to help create community.

Cons: The integration of zoom for online training is not automatic. You still have to send them the link. Two different schedules is kind of confusing as well. Workout handouts aren't easy to read for members and there is no way for me as a coach to create a favorites list of exercises.

Alternatives Considered: Mindbody

Reasons for Switching to Virtuagym: Cost and exercise programming integration.

by Virtuagym on 29/10/2020

Dear Pamela,

Thanks for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review.

It's incredibly helpful to know that you like the billing and the membership modules and that you have found the Custom Mobile App that useful.

Our team is continuously working on improving our product, and including the link to an online event after a booking is already on our roadmap.

Please feel welcome to browse our knowledge base and our YouTube channel for walkthroughs of all of our features and answers to frequently asked questions or email us at [email protected] if you need assistance on the above-mentioned topics.

Again, we thank you for taking the time to rate us, we're very appreciative of your kind words.

The Virtuagym team.

• Reviewed on 27/10/2020
Terrence B.
  • Reviewed on 11/03/2020

"Good product"

Comments: Good

Pros: Pretty easy to use. Does a good bit for my business.

Cons: Some glitches in the program and mobile app is tough

Alternatives Considered: Trainerize

Reasons for Switching to Virtuagym: More features

by Virtuagym on 27/07/2020

"Dear Terrence,

Thank you for your review!

We are happy to hear that your experience with our solutions has been both seamless and useful.

Your feedback is very valuable. Would you please share with us some more details about those glitches you've encountered? Please email us at [email protected] using the code JA15177 in the subject line.

Best regards,

Your Virtuagym Family."

• Reviewed on 11/03/2020
Greg M.
Vice President of Fitness and Education
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/03/2020

"Review of Virtuagym App Platform"

Comments: Good, better, best - from due diligence through launch and ongoing support we could not have asked for a better rollout process and support. Their platform is intuitive and easy to set-up and they have worked to customize a detailed integration with our Club Management Software ABC Financial. Been impressed at every turn - cannot recommend them enough!

Pros: Robust platform with comprehensive feature set and support and implementation team that consistently goes out of their way to provide education and guidance every step of the way.

Cons: Really like the entire package - looked at every options out there in detail and Virtuagym checked all the boxes. Their ongoing support has made it an absolute pleasure to work with everyone on their team!

by Virtuagym on 23/04/2020

Dear, Greg!

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Virtuagym.

We are happy to hear that your onboarding and launch processes turned out great! And look forward to being part of your growth and success.

Your Virtuagym Family

• Reviewed on 05/03/2020
Cassandra L.
Co-Owner
  • Reviewed on 27/01/2017

"After using several other software's, Virtuagym is by far the best!"

Comments: VirtuaGym has given us an amazing online platform to offer everything you and your client needs. The software is easy to use, super affordable and can handle just about anything we need it to do in order to run our fitness center. The members really enjoy the applications especially the nutritional guidance. It has been absolutely amazing to have the ability to add our own QR codes, youtube videos, video workouts, and images for our pro members to have access to has been valuable. Building the classes, schedules and memberships took some time to figure out but the support was above and beyond all competition. They never complain about how many times we ask for help and are extremely responsive and knowledgeable. VirtuaGym is constantly updating their software to meet the needs of this industry and I am excited to see how much they grow in the future. If you dream big for your business then there's no need to shop around for any other software/membership program.

Pros: Easy to Use
Versatile
Great Customer Service
Affordable

Cons: App can be difficult

by Virtuagym on 08/02/2017

Hi Cassandra,

many thanks for your enthusiastic review and kind words! We are happy and proud to hear that you and your clients find the system interesting and comprehensive and we are looking forward to hear your success story!

All best,
Alkistis

• Reviewed on 27/01/2017
Alessandro V.
Personal trainer
Professional Training & Coaching, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 03/10/2018

"best program in the fitness industry"

Comments: Having this program has helped me to expand my clients

Pros: What I liked most about this program is the large amount of exercises. The application of training and nutrition are fantastic. Customers will be really happy.

Cons: What I liked the least is the time taken to build a training card. It can be improved.

by Virtuagym on 08/10/2018

Hi Alessandro,

Thank you so much for your review.

We are happy to hear that you enjoy our software and that it has helped you to expand your client base!

Also, thank you so much for your feedback. It is very important that we get this valuable insight into your user experience so we can continue to improve our product every day.

If you have have more feedback for us or a good idea or suggestion, you can always let us know via our contact page: https://virtuagym.com/contact. In addition, please never hesitate to reach out to our support team via [email protected] - We are happy to help!

Thank you for your time to write a review.

Best wishes,
Anna - Virtuagym Client Success Department

• Reviewed on 03/10/2018
Josko K.
  • Reviewed on 27/02/2020

"Worst customer service ever, they don't care about you."

Comments: Terrible.

Pros: There were absolutely no pros using this product. Every other system I used was better 10 fold. I have used Mindbody, Acuity, Appointly, and other similar fitness apps.

Cons: 1) They lied in their sales call. When I asked about payroll they navigated around the question and didn't answer it directly (they don't offer pay roll). They told me that it was a mindbody substitute and while it looked great, their appointment booking was in BETA with many of the features missing. When I told them that I was dissapointed that they lied about the software they denied everything. When I asked for the sales call, they told me that they would give it to me as soon as possible that was 2 months ago... When I call, their managers are always on "lunch" or "in a call" 2) Extremely poor customer service. Constantly ignoring me. Taking days or weeks to respond. Blaming me for issues. Extreme lack of communication with other team members. They have been "attempting to speak to their manager about my case" for the last 30+ days. Good luck getting anything from these thieves. 3) They almost tried telling me that i'm tied into a year long contract. And finally they cancelled it. AFTER taking one more payment from me just a couple days before HAHA. And now that I'm asking for a refund are constantly ignoring me, saying that they'll get it to my asap, but nope. They just want to continue lying about everything thinking that i'll go away. 4) They told me that my implimentation of the software would start on December 9th and they began charging me then. but they didn't start until January.

by Virtuagym on 28/04/2020

"Dear, Josko

We are very sorry to hear that your Virtuagym experience was not as you expected from the sales standpoint.

During the sales process, your needs are analyzed and our sales team will adapt our different modules accordingly. Nevertheless, I understand that the lack of clear communication must be very frustrating for you. We will definitely look into the details of the communication that took place between our you and our team and address any possible areas of opportunity we may find on our way.

Once again thank you for taking the time and sharing your opinion.

With Warmest Regards,

Virtuagym, "

• Reviewed on 27/02/2020
Taylor B.
Personal Trainer
  • Reviewed on 18/12/2018

"SCAMMERS- BUYERS BEWARE!!! This is long but please read I am trying to save you some coins."

Comments: THE WORST! After a few days of dealing with a faulty product and receiving little to no help with my issue, I reached out to my account manager, to have my money refunded and contract canceled on 11/8. I've used other services in the past and I've never had to sign any contract that did not "allow" me to cancel, which should have been a red flag. They also have no trial period which is another anomaly with Virtuagym and also, another red flag. She waited just a day before a week (11/14) to respond to me and she claimed that my contract was submitted for cancellation because "management handles cancellations". When I responded and asked who I should be waiting to hear from, she did not respond and that email remains unanswered. I'd like to note that prior to me reaching out for a refund, she was very quick with her replies. After that, getting in contact with someone was nearly impossible no matter how many times I called or emailed them. I made my last call to them the day after Thanksgiving and left a voicemail saying that I was waiting until Monday before I called my bank to dispute the charge. I waited until Wednesday and heard nothing so I disputed the charge. The funniest thing about all of this that the workout editor as I am typing this STILL does not work. Finally, on 12/5, almost a month since I reached out, I got an email saying my contract was being submitted to management...even though she claimed she submitted it on 11/14.

Pros: I liked the multiple discussion groups that could be created. Theoretically, virtuagym has features that COULD, could being the keyword, change the game. Unfortunately, the system had way too many glitches to be used for business purposes unless you are trying to look like a joke who has no idea what they are doing.

Cons: Faulty Workout editor and the other glitches I experienced. I wish I could add video to these reviews to show what the workout editor was doing since its hard to explain, but basically, it was not working as it should AT ALL. Even customer service AND my account manager, who conveniently disappeared when I asked for my money back, admitted that the redirects that were happening within the editor made no sense. It was clearly faulty. I was also unable to message clients within the software because it would tell me "no records found" even though if you went to the client list, they were clearly in the system. I was also given little to no guidance when I was having an issue with payments, not processing. Basically, everyone has to be manually charged if you have a service fee in place. So all my clients were only being charged the service fee, and the monthly balance would land in outstanding. When I reached out to customer service about this and asked if there was something I need to do manually in order for the rest of the payment to process, I was told no. I even asked a follow-up question to MAKE SURE there was nothing I needed to do. Of course, it was later revealed that the outstanding balances were there because I did not send the invoices, which means YES, you do have to manually process the payments as I guessed when I contacted customer service, even though they apparently don't know this themselves.

by Virtuagym on 21/12/2018

Dear Taylor,

Thank you for writing your detailed review. I made sure to look through your history of communication with our consultants and get a clear picture of the events.

While I would have to dispute your statement about receiving "little to no help" with your issues, as I can see that other than weekends and holidays, the team has been very diligent and fast with their responses; I do see that you had a few issues within the system.

Unfortunately, when dealing with technology, problems will always arise and while we try to deal with the issues quickly and thoroughly to minimize the disruption to your business, at times it can take longer than desired to fix a problem.

I am sorry that you had felt that you were scammed and not delivered what you had expected but I can genuinely say that the team had worked hard to answer and resolve your issues in a timely manner.

Do let us know if there is anything else we can be of assistance with.

• Reviewed on 18/12/2018
Sean C.
Company Director
  • Reviewed on 25/01/2018

"Not what i was told"

Comments: Nothing

Pros: The functionality of the coaching app, is nice - That's it.

Cons: I explicitly asked that when i purchased virtuagym, would it be possible for my clients to have a limited number of PT sessions on a weekly basis, starting on sunday and renewing on the following sunday....however i wanted them to be able to book at least 30-60 days in advance as my clients like to plan. I was told that this was possible and i would have help setting it up, this has not happened. I have had virtuagym since December and was looking to implement it into my gym facility by mid january, however due to the lack of help from support, i am no closer to getting what i need from the software. I even offered to pay virtuagym to set it up for me as i thought it may be me that was doing something wrong, they declined and their rep. stopped conversing over the support line. All i wanted was for my clients to book 1,2,3 or 4 Personal Training sessions per week, at least 30 days in advance - How can this be so hard..!!?? At the moment the system allows me to book 10 sessions in 10 days and i was told "That's ok, the client will be notified if they don´t have enough credits to attend the class" All i want is that the client can't book the class, i dont want them to book to be told nearer the time "sorry you don't have enough credits" they will turn up and say "but i booked and the system let me?" Very frustrating for a business owner and terrible customer service

by Virtuagym on 02/02/2018

Hi Sean,

Thanks for the time you spent to review our product.

We're sincerely sorry if you are experiencing an unpleasant situation with the product and with our CS Team.

We took a look at the conversations you had with our consultants over the last days, and we noticed that there was rather some confusion between the many questions asked and the many solutions provided, which inevitably leads to confusion and frustration.

Our advise is to send one, fully detailed email to [email protected], explaining exactly the challenges you are now experiencing, the way you would like to work with the system and - if you like - any improvement that you would like to see (maybe there are some features you aren't aware of yet!). Plus, with our live chat service, we can help you further with your real time queries.

We believe that - this way - we can achieve a way more constructive communication, helping your business to take off with us!

We stay at disposal.

Your,
CS Team

• Reviewed on 25/01/2018
Mario G.
Trainer
  • Reviewed on 07/03/2020

"LOVE IT !"

Pros: I love how easy it is to use the software , my clients enjoy using the app, I think its a great online gym.

Cons: It would be great to make a better feature for customizing the workout plans.

by Virtuagym on 24/04/2020

Dear, Mario

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with Virtuagym!

We are excited to hear that you find our software easy to use and your clients are enjoying the app we have built for them.

Your feedback is welcomed, let's talk about those areas of opportunity you encountered on our workout module, feel free to write to us at [email protected] using the code JA19935 in the subject line.

Your Virtuagym family.

• Reviewed on 07/03/2020
Jocelyn A.
  • Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 04/09/2019

"Worst company I have ever dealt with!"

Comments: Terrible, terrible terrible.

Pros: In the beginning, when I was signing up, they called a few times a week to check in on me. They were happy to hear my suggestions on things that I needed.....however...

Cons: My suggestions were not implemented. After my 1 yr contract was close to being done, I realized, this is not the software for my business anymore. When I used the contact form BEFORE my 1 yr mark, to ask how I go about cancelling my subscription (since there is NO easy way to do this and no information can be found about it). I received no contact back. I later then tried calling, leaving a voicemail. I then received an email TWO months after my initial contact for request on how to cancel! (and a long thread of back and forth) where the support staff has stated my term has automatically renewed and there is 'conveniently' no trace or evidence that I left a msg or used their contact form to request to cancel and I now owe another yr of subscription. I did NOT give consent to this, in fact the contrary. They have been completely disregarding that I even tried to contact them and just so happened to not contact me at all In the 2 months leading up to it. There is no where where I have consented to them renewing my contract at all. This is a complete scam and DO NOT use this this service at all!!

by Virtuagym on 13/02/2020

Dear Jocelyn,

We apologise for the misunderstanding but from what we can see, you had submitted your cancellation request through the end-user form. Our app is available for free to our end users and therefore if they wish to close their account, it is a simple form and it seems that it's exactly where you ended up.

For our customers, when they accept the 12 months agreement, one of the things they have to agree to before the payment can be processed, is that the contract auto-renews after 12 months unless a cancelltion is submitted at least a month prior.

It is, of course, unfortunate that such misunderstanding delayed our contact with you and we greatly appreciate your feedback on our process

• Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 04/09/2019
Fabio V.
Hospital & Health Care, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/09/2016

"Not advised for personal trainers"

Comments: It doesn't help Personal trainers, there are better options in the market. This is a app that was first designed for the general population, and not for personal trainers. Recently they started to sell professional packages - to personal trainers and gyms- but it seems that they are much more interested in gyms, than personal trainers, so all the updates failed to improve the main things that i wanted to improve.

Pros: It gives you access to a very powerful platform, and you can brand it everything.

Cons: - no Coach app;
- Terrible workout editor;
- You cannot assign workout to a client, he needs to chose it from the available workouts;
- you cannot use the app to track your clients workouts;
- You dont have a demo of the portal, you need to sign for a year membership if you want to access to the portal;

by Virtuagym on 08/02/2017

Hi Fabio,

thank you very much for your honest words. I am sorry you are feeling that Virtuagym did not meet your needs.

However, there are a few details that we'd like to clarify. Our professional packages do offer the possibility to not only create your own workout plans for your clients. but also your custom made exercises. In addition, both our sales and client success team give demos and trainings of the system to all potential and existing clients. Finally, we are currently testing our coaching App which will allow you to track your client's progress on your phone and will launch soon.

Wish you all the best with your future endeavors!
Alkistis

• Reviewed on 01/09/2016
Jeraline (jeri) E.
Associate Wellness Director
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/11/2020

"Group Exercise Scheduling"

Comments: Helps manage our entire group exercise schedule in one place.

Pros: Quick and easy to make any changes on the schedule, time of class, instructor, location of class. I like that we can email members asap with any changes too.

Cons: Not able to pull good reports for tracking

by Virtuagym on 05/11/2020

Hello Jeri,

Thank you for your valuable review.

We are thrilled to know that you have used the Schedule module in such a good way.

Your feedback is also very valuable to our company. Let us remind you to email any suggestions and ideas you may have at [email protected]

We will make sure to share these useful thoughts with our developers!

• Reviewed on 02/11/2020
Denise L.
Vitality- & PerformanceCoach
2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/02/2017

"Happy clients because of Virtuagym"

Comments: I was starting my company VITAMIND when I saw an other trainer who was using the online system from Virtuagym. I loved it, it had exactly the features where I was searching for as a trainer to complete the request from my clients. What I personally like is that it's a very complete software, as it includes both client-engagement and membership-management. Assigning workouts and meal plans is easily done and the support from Virtuagym is very fast and friendly. I think Virtuagym offers a complete system to give your clients full online support to manage their (new) lifestyle. Depending on what you're looking for, this is definitely a software I'd recommend to trainers and also to big companies as your employees can also use it for their health-measurements and -competition. ;-)

Pros: Complete online system to improve your lifestyle with food, move and mindset.

Cons: -

by Virtuagym on 09/03/2017

Hi Denise,

Thanks for the valuable time you spent to review us!

It is great to hear that you have managed to extract the full potential out of the service, and we can only encourage you to do so more and better!

If anything, do not hesitate to get in touch with us :)

Have a great one!

Walter - Virtuagym Clients Success Team

• Reviewed on 27/02/2017
Lisa S.
  • Reviewed on 02/09/2020

"Do not use them!!!!"

Comments: Horrible. There are so many other companies out there serving the same industry that do a much better job, have a better product and actually have their customers best interest in mind.

Pros: There was a nice guy that help with on boarding.

Cons: They told me they had all the features I needed. After having to start a one year contract the system was far from what I thought I was getting, my clients haven’t been able to use it so I told them I wasn’t happy and couldn’t use their service. After telling me they can only reduce my rate (I’m still paying for something I can’t use) they continue to charge me full price. I’ve tried to contact them about them charging me full price after they said they could only reduce my rate. As I waited for a response another month went by and they charged me again. As I try to talk to customer service they shuffled me to a different person to now have to start all over again. I first tried to cancel back June and it is now September! This company is very self serving and dishonest.

by Virtuagym on 18/09/2020

Dear Lisa,

Thank you for taking the time of sharing this with us.

Virtuagym provides one of the most compelling and comprehensive all-in-one software solutions for the fitness industry in the market and we are truly sorry that your experience may not reflect that.

We have looked up your account records carefully and escalated your case to our financial specialists, so they will make the discount effective starting from your next invoice. Also, we will update you on the status of the refunds for those invoices in which the system did not take the discount before.

We want to thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are always looking for ways to better our service, and your feedback is an invaluable part of that process.

Again, I am very sorry for the inconvenience. Please contact our customer service team at [email protected] for any further concerns you might have, we are always very happy to help.

• Reviewed on 02/09/2020
Dental Administrator
  • Reviewed on 15/01/2019

"Great support and large exercise database"

Pros: Customer service and support is quite excellent through their live chat! It's an extensive system, lots to learn still.
I enjoy the endless possibilities to create workouts from a huge database of exercises and the ability to create and track meals. It is very handy that Virtuagym syncs with my fitbit.

Cons: It has been working great for me so far! Will report back once I have used it more in depth.

by Virtuagym on 18/01/2019

Good afternoon,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review.

We're very pleased to hear of your positive experience with our support team and that you're enjoying the system so far. We understand that it can take some time to learn it all but please always feel free to reach out if you have questions about the system and we will be happy to provide the information you need.

Valuable feedback such as yours will help to give us an insight into your user experience so we can continue to improve our product every day.

If you have have more feedback for us or a good idea or suggestion, you can always let us know via our contact page: https://virtuagym.com/contact. In addition, please never hesitate to reach out to our support team via [email protected] - We're happy to help!

- Christina

• Reviewed on 15/01/2019
Faith C.
  • Reviewed on 22/03/2019

"Horrendous Customer Service!"

Comments: Terrible!!

Pros: This software is easy enough to use, but so are many other ones.

Cons: The customer service has been atrocious! I tried to cancel my agreement before my first year was up and was told by a customer service manager that if I just stuck with them, they could show me how they would improve their service, and if I was not happy after a couple more months, she would cancel my agreement herself. So I stayed, willing to give it a few more months. Now I try to cancel and they say sorry, you owe for the entire rest of the year. Seems like quite the scam!!

by Virtuagym on 22/05/2019

Hello Faith,

Thank you for your feedback. As our communication records show:

- June 2018 - you requested to cancel but agreed to stay.
- November 2018 - I called and emailed you as promised to see if you still wanted to cancel. You did not respond to either communication.
- December 2018 - your license renewed for another year and your system continued to be used by you and your clients.
- March 2019 - you emailed asking to cancel again. Your request was denied as you were 4 months into your 2nd term.
- You had mentioned that you were never told about your renewal after 12 months but we did discuss this on the call and it is also on the license that you had accepted before making the purchase of the system.

I am sorry that you feel that you were scammed but we had stuck to every point of our agreement, however, we would be happy to discuss this further with you. Please call/email us at your convenience.

Anna Howard

• Reviewed on 22/03/2019
Debbie N.
Fitness instructor
Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/07/2020

"Get to know your members"

Comments: This is a wonderful tool. I love that I get to see who has signed up for class. I also get to know new members and if my regulars don't show I can check up on them to see if there ok.

Pros: Checking people in and getting to know there names in your class

Cons: Once you submit your class attendance you can't change it if you made a mistake

by Virtuagym on 28/07/2020

Dear Debbie,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with Virtuagym!

We are truly happy to read that our all in one solution has made us the business partner you were looking for. Your comments are very important as well, which is why we'll take into consideration the class attendance matter you've mentioned.

Remember you can also share your feedback by emailing us at [email protected]

Your Virtuagym Family!