• Overall
    3.6 /5

About Virtuagym

Virtuagym is the leader in innovative, all-in-one fitness solutions. For the smallest studio to the largest chain, we have you covered.

Learn more about Virtuagym

Elizabeth J.
Nutrition Coach
  • Reviewed on 23/01/2021

"Nutrition App/Meal Plans"

Comments: Overall my experience has been well! For the most part about 90% of my clients have been successful using the app. The other 10% really struggle since they are used to the easiness of MyFitness Pal's tracking features.

Pros: I only use the Calorie Counter app and meal plan software. I like that I can see all of my clients food logs, load foods into their meals plans, and customize their macros. It makes it easy to monitor my clients intake to ensure they are hitting their goals to lead to results. Being able to save meals is great, especially when I have clients who eat the same meals a lot, or if I want to save a quick meal for my clients to have access too. I also like how my clients can see the little icon (yellow) to let them know I personally input that food item or created a meal. Overall I have enjoyed using the software!

Cons: There needs to be a way to create a recipe. One like MyFitness Pal, where you load all of the bulk ingredients of the recipe, then attach the number of servings the entire recipe creates so you can log the single serving. It is too challenging for my clients to log food if there is a recipe involved because it is a VERY length process to create a meal based on serving size when it is cooked in bulk. I believe there also needs to be a feature to track the 3 macros in grams versus percentages. Clients have a better understanding when they know "I have to hit 150g of carbs" versus seeing 100% at the top once carbs are hit. In the app, when you click on the percentage circles it gives a large range of macros to fall within. This does not allow for accuracy to truly see fat loss or muscle gain. When it comes to grams of macros, there is a very small window (5g of Pro/Carbs and 2g Fat) to ensure calories are not way over or under. Right now the app can fluctuate 80g which is HUGE that is 320 calories plus or minus on both carbs and proteins , fats fluctuate close to 22g which could be a 198 calorie difference. If someone continually hit high on those macros they would never lose the fat they desired When people input foods, there seems to be a lot of confusion when attaching a portion, or just in general since it autofill's to Macros Based on 100g. I have seen many food items input completely wrong, this could really put someone in a bad position when logging .

by Virtuagym on 31/01/2021

Hello Elizabeth,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us!

We are currently working on improving the nutrition app and your suggestions will be, of course, taken into consideration.

Please feel free to contact us at [email protected]

• Reviewed on 23/01/2021
Valarie A.
Fitness Centre Coordinator/Manager
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/07/2020

"Great for clients, not yet great for the business end"

Comments: We were super excited when we found this software, and thought it could do everything we needed. But as we got into the set up and transferring from our old system it was honestly a bit of a let down. It is a better experience for our clients and that is why we are sticking with it but really hope to see some development on the back end side of it so it allows us to more easily run our business.

Pros: The customer side of this is great. Being able to adjust the app as we want and the ability to program for clients right in the app is awesome. We are getting great reviews from our clients.

Cons: The business side of things need some work. There are very simple functions that the system can not yet do like; limit sale of a membership, integrate scheduling types (appointments, classes, enrollments), adjust membership and invoice dates (after expiry, adjusting payment processing...), payroll report function. It makes it a lot harder on our end to manage our business.

by Virtuagym on 31/07/2020

Dear Valarie,

Thank you for sharing your Virtuagym experience!

We're glad to hear that our all in one solution has allowed your business to connect with your members while driving engagement and revenue.

Also, your feedback is very relevant to us as we continue to strive to become the most complete and functional solution for our clients.

Let us remind you to reach out whenever you need us by emailing our support team at [email protected] we'll make sure to address all questions and keep in mind any suggestions you may have to improve the system overall.

Your Virtuagym family!

• Reviewed on 29/07/2020
Alexander G.
Sports, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/03/2020

"What you see is what you get"

Comments: Fantastic customer care experience, guided setup done with patience from one of their stuff, always available via phone for quick questions, the product is sleak and customisable to a great extent even without purchasing extra packets

Pros: Full Features and the pricing scales depending on your business size. That means that you get full service no matter how small your business is. Once you grow, you start paying more. It's a fair model

Cons: Still no Onefit integration but it's really a minor thing. I cannot find anything else to fault them for

by Virtuagym on 28/04/2020

Dear, Alexander

Thank you very much for sharing your experience!

We are thrilled to hear you've encountered so many benefits in your product and the tools we have built for our clients to not only meet but exceed their expectations.

Your feedback is very valuable to us and we will continue to do our best when providing our clients with topnotch services as you all deserve!

We look forward to excelling in every aspect of our services and making all the necessary efforts to be part of your business growth.

Once again, your review is highly appreciated!

Sending you all the best,

• Reviewed on 22/03/2020
Emm C.
  • Reviewed on 08/03/2020

"Tick Performance"

Comments: Being in another country does make it difficult to follow up with any issues

Pros: I like the content and the presentation, back end content, and app store app

Cons: I am still waiting for Ezidebit Aust to become apart of the integrations - I was initially informed it would be less than 1 year to onboarding but 2 years later I am still waiting.

by Virtuagym on 24/04/2020

"Dear, Emm

Thank you very much for your review!

We are glad to hear that you find our content and presentation, positive aspects of Virtuagym.

We would like to hear more about those areas of opportunity you feel we can continue to work on when it comes to better access to back end content.

Unfortunately, our partnership with Ezidebit has been put on hold. With their current pause of payouts to clients, we are unsure when this can be picked up again. But we will make sure to keep you posted once there is a change in their situation.

Please feel free to write to us at [email protected] using the code JA23872 in the subject line.

Many thanks,

Your Virtuagym Family"

• Reviewed on 08/03/2020
Shane C.
Operations Manager
  • Reviewed on 06/06/2018

"Will be good in another 1-2 years I think, but currently not as great as it makes out it is."

Pros: The software has the beginnings of a well rounded, professional platform - IOS and Android applications complement the Web Portal Interface. Many of the features are workable, some are much better than the other alternatives on the market.

Cons: Lack of visibility in product's development - as a client we don't know when a promised feature will be released (if ever). Basic functionality such as the ability to create supersets inside the workout editor took years to implement; VG stated that this was because the workout editor needed a complete redesign; but did not give anyone any idea of when this would be released other than *soon*. Billing automation is clunky and does not integrate with many of the vendors in the market.

Hi Shane,

Thank you so much for your feedback! We completely understand your point about the transparency of the development of the product. Our road map changes based on the developments in the fitness industry, so providing actual release dates is not common in the SAAS world. We do want to become more clear in the way we communicate updates. Thanks!

• Reviewed on 06/06/2018
Amy M.
  • Reviewed on 08/01/2020

"The WORST Customer Service ever....but really good App based system for workout tracking"

Comments: I was attracted to them for their features, which I have not found a comparable replacement (maybe I'll will try programming my own in the future), but honestly, it is never going to be a one-stop shop as I was hoping with the way their system is going. I absolutely DREAD talking to their customer support system as they are very ignorant and stubborn about their policies, I think there have been a few people [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] who have been understanding of our issues and actually tried to help. Everyone else seems to think that our problems are not their problem, and don't really take the time to truly understand their own software. Payment system is absolute crap, you're better off using a different system like Stripe or Square. Their scheduling went down for a whole day and all we got was a "SORRY" e-mail. I mean...our customers were unable to book for a whole day which is several hundred dollars in revenue and that's all you can say? We switched to a different booking software when that happened. But I will most likely keep virtuagym for the fun features they have like the workout tracking and such (and also because I am inadvertently locked in for a 1-year contract that was never fully explained and keeps increasing because no one will take the charges off....yay.)

Pros: Their workout trackers are awesome. I love that they integrate with different companies (though maybe not particularly well) as I was trying to set up an integration with AccuroFit and after two month, it still seems they cannot figure out how to do this. I purchased their recommended bioimpedance scales which is great because we are able to run gym challenges, and members love being able to track their lifting workouts and have a workout player whenever they want. We regularly use the community portal aspects of the software and the app based system makes it easy to talk to members and send notifications about specific things.

Cons: Their salespeople are good. Good enough that with their features alone they can convince you to purchase a YEAR LONG subscription without trying it out. By the way, they don't ever explain to you what features you're paying for or when your pricing goes up, why that happened because you accidentally made some changes that affect your subscription. The customer support team/on-boarding team is absolutely dismal. From day 1, I felt like I was explaining to their support how their system worked. They have no idea what is going on and they basically give you 2 30 min phone calls and expect you to figure it out on your own (when they can't even figure it out). I wanted to setup a system that allowed for different credits and booking based on levels and their onboarding specialist asked me during our first phone call "What software did you switch from and why?" I explained that I switched from WellnessLiving and what I liked about them and person managing our account told me "Well maybe you should have stuck with them." They have an difficult system for trying to reach anyone to answer your questions. They use Zendesk, which is both incredibly confusing as it goes into (how I understand it) a central e-mail system which can take them 1-3 days to get back to you. At which point, they respond with very unhelpful advice or flat out ignorance. Also, their pay service integration sucks. It is very difficult to use them for bookkeeping and POS and I ended up just resorting to Square.

Dear Amy,

We are glad to hear that you are enjoying the Tracking and the Community modules of our system but are devastated to hear that you had such negative experience with the service that you had received.

We would love to reach out to you and see how we can improve the situation. Please check your in-box :)

• Reviewed on 08/01/2020
Joe P.
Fitness Program Manager
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/08/2020

"Great Fitness Platform"

Comments: Think it's an overall great experience!

Pros: I like the multi-use function between employee and member. I also like the business tracking, exercise programming and post blog applications.

Cons: It would be great to have more ability for creativity in the blog section and it would be nice not to be so restricted in the posts.

by Virtuagym on 10/08/2020

Dear Joe,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about Virtuagym's services!

We're thrilled to hear that you find our all in one solution a useful tool for your members to connect and engage seamlessly.

Your feedback is also very valuable to our company. Let us remind you to email any suggestions and ideas you may have at [email protected]

We will make sure to share these useful thoughts with our developers!

Your Virtuagym Family!

• Reviewed on 07/08/2020
Lee D.
Health Development Manager
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/07/2020

"Virtuagym Review"

Comments: Excellent

Pros: Easy to use product with a vast array of content; excellent after care from the designated account manager! Highly recommend.

Cons: It’s a shame the integration with specific tech isn’t more extensive.

by Virtuagym on 27/07/2020

Dear Lee,

Thank you very much for your review!

It is very rewarding for us to know that the tools we've worked so hard in developing and building for you, are exactly what you expected them to be.

We will continue to do our best effort to provide the most complete all in one solution for you and all of our clients, including of course the integrations module.

Your feedback is very valuable to us!

Your Virtuagym Family,

• Reviewed on 24/07/2020
James S.
  • Reviewed on 14/03/2020

"Professional Fitness Software"

Comments: Very pleased.

Pros: The features of the software is top notch and very easy to navigate.

Cons: Sometimes I need more customer support and it takes days for someone to respond to my questions.

by Virtuagym on 24/04/2020

"Dear, James

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with Virtuagym!

We are thrilled to hear that you find our solutions to be outstanding and easy to use!

One of our main focus as a company is providing top quality customer care, and the feedback you've given in regards to the communication topic is of great value to us. It will help us to continuously improve the speed and standard of service we provide.

Sending you the best,

Your Virtuagym Family."

• Reviewed on 14/03/2020
Neyli R.
Asesora
Telecommunications, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/11/2018

"Renewing the body"

Pros: A good application for both personal use and professional use as it has a variety of functions. For personal use such as carrying an easy training plan to see short-term results. Business use leads to better performance in its use and project management

Cons: So far the application is very good help

by Virtuagym on 10/12/2018

Hello Neyli,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review.

We're very pleased to hear that you enjoy our software and that it has helped you to better manage your clients and their goals!

Valuable feedback such as yours will help to give us an insight into your user experience so we can continue to improve our product every day.

If you have have more feedback for us or a good idea or suggestion, you can always let us know via our contact page: https://virtuagym.com/contact. In addition, please never hesitate to reach out to our support team via [email protected] - We're happy to help!

Thank you again for your time.

• Reviewed on 28/11/2018
Torrence P.
Professional Personal Trainer
Professional Training & Coaching, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 05/04/2017

"Great app, can use minor improvements"

Comments: I enjoy the app a lot, I really like the workout feature. I would love it if there was a before and after feature in the app for clients and if they were able to keep up with body metrics. The nutrition app can use some updating as well. But all in all I'm really satisfied with the app in its features.

Pros: The scheduler and booking features are great as well as the workout plans you can build. The coaching and workout builder is my favorite feature

Cons: There isn't a way for the clients to post before and after pics. The nutrition app is kind of confusing for clients, it could use a update. The workouts disappear if you don't do them on the day scheduled.

by Virtuagym on 10/04/2017

Hi Torrence!

Thanks for your time spent to write this review, for the kind words and the feedback! This is extremely important to carry out our work towards the right direction.

Your feedback on the post/after pics is actually legit! We would love to hear from you how you would personally build it in our system, in order to get useful inspiration.

Furthermore, we would be very interested in receiving further details about the other cons you indicated, in order to work on them straight away. Could you please do so with an email to [email protected]?

One of our team will get back to you in order to solve any inconvenience together!

Thanks again, and have a great one.

Best Regards,

Walter - Customer Success Department

• Reviewed on 05/04/2017
Stephen H.
Group Fitness Instructor
Civic & Social Organization, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/03/2020

"The Gym that goes anywhere with you"

Comments: I have ben using the app now for almost 4 months and my community has really embraced it. The learning curve was small and it is fun to use.

Pros: The app is straight forward and built for novice users as well as daily users. One key feature that it excels at is the workout plans. The workout plans help you achieve goals from a novice level and up. If the preplanned workouts are not your fit you can build your own and share them with your club or community.

Cons: The only main con that I can think of is if you want t track your nutrition you need to have a separate app downloaded to do that. This is cumbersome. It would be nice if this was tied into the main app.

by Virtuagym on 27/04/2020

"Dear, Stephen

Thank you so much for your review!

We are excited to hear that our workout module has become such a useful and helpful tool for your business and clients.

We appreciate you sharing your thoughts in regards to how our nutrition app works, and this is why it is important to let you know that we have decided to keep this separated from our fitness app as we saw that it is more useful this way, given the high spectrum of clients we have and the uses of the app!

Once again thank you for providing your valuable insight!

Your Virtuagym Family."

• Reviewed on 20/03/2020
Malcolm M.
Owner/ Personal Trainer
  • Reviewed on 06/03/2020

"Twin City Fitness & Virtuagym"

Comments: Virtuagym is allowing me to better manage my business as well as my clients to earn better monthly profits!

Pros: For my business, the appointment schedule and check in system is the most impactful. The software is user-friendly and the customer service is excellent. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] walked with me every step of the way until I understood the system!

Cons: My clients sometimes have a hard time understanding the nutrition portion of the mobile app.

by Virtuagym on 23/04/2020

Dear, Malcolm!

Thank you very much for your review.

We are delighted to see that our services and solutions for scheduling and checking have such great value for your business as it was intended when we created them!

In order for us to continue growing as a company, we are always looking for better ways to provide you with useful tools that can help drive your business to higher levels of success.

We would like to talk to you further about the areas of opportunity in the nutrition module of our system. please contact us at [email protected] with the following code in the subject of the email JA4034 to schedule the time best suitable for you.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback!

Champ B.
ceo
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 501-1,000 Employees

"great support"

Comments: good

Pros: The app is easy to use and understand.I really like the flexibility

Cons: The merchant services are not efficient nor economical

by Virtuagym on 23/04/2020

Dear Champ!

Thank you for sharing your valuable insight through this review.

We are very much pleased to read that our app design has created a seamless connection with your clients!

We would like to know what areas from our merchant module, you felt needed improvement, please feel free to write to us at [email protected] using the following code (JA37989 ) in the subject line.

Thank you, again for your time!

David C.
Health & Wellness Director
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/08/2020

"Monroe County Y review"

Pros: Easy to use, great layout, ease of working with developers for Gateway Region YMCA uses

Cons: Nothing of note. Just keep up the good work when developing features in cooperation with our needs.

by Virtuagym on 17/08/2020

Hello David,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with Virtuagym!

We're excited to hear that our all-in-one package has become such a great tool for your business while being easy to use and work with.

Your feedback is very important to us if there's ever any ideas you want to share or improvements you feel will make us even better, we would appreciate if you can email those to [email protected]

Looking forward to continuing providing you with the top-notch service you deserve,

Your Virtuagym Family!

• Reviewed on 10/08/2020
Bart S.
Personal trainer
  • Reviewed on 07/08/2017

"Functional, easy, up to date"

Pros: Little effort for a maximum of work. A lot of exercices. Good bookkeeping and administration . Food app is good

Cons: Conflict in use with clients of basic fit. Some gsm's dont work good with the app's . For the rest Ok!

by Virtuagym on 06/11/2017

Hi Bart,

Thank you so much for sharing your kind opinion!

Could you please let us know better about the conflict you mention in the "Cons" section? We would love to offer you a 100% satisfactory service!

Have a great one.

The CS Team

• Reviewed on 07/08/2017
Quinton S.
  • Reviewed on 21/09/2020

"Unhappy"

Comments: Overall experience has been poor. There’s a lot of factors that go in to it being but the biggest thing is my doors not working.

Pros: The software is relatively easy to use and it also has features that would be nice for members.

Cons: There are a ton of “bugs” in the system that cause major operational issues. For example, the client check-in is absolutely horrible. It consistently doesn’t work which leads to the doors ( front door and tanning) to not work properly majority of the time.

by Virtuagym on 29/09/2020

Dear Quinton,

We are very sorry to hear about your experience. While bugs and issues are unavoidable when working with software, it definitely should not be ruining your entire experience.
One of our tech representatives will be in touch with you shortly to really dive into all issues with you and see how we can resolve them once and for all.
Thank you for your candid feedback, it will help us with our goal to always strive for greatness with our product and service delivered.

With Warm Regards,

• Reviewed on 21/09/2020
Froso L.
CEO/Manager
  • Reviewed on 01/08/2017

"The Best!"

Comments: The fact that its exactly what I was looking for but couldnt afford to design it from scratch and didnt have the time to wait.

Pros: 3D Animated Exercise Library, Measurements, Heart Rate Monitor and Sync with App, Nutrition App and Journal, Challenges, Community, Workouts and this is only naming a few things. So much more

Cons: Not much to say here but I would've liked have a female trainer also showing exercises.
Theres nothing else believe it or not.

by Virtuagym on 29/08/2017

Hi Froso,

thanks so much for your kind words! It's really rewarding to get feedback from our professionals and hear their success stories :)

Regarding your feedback, I totally agree with you that having a female character as an virtual coach is a great idea. In fact so my team and I have passed this point on to our design team. Hopefuly, a female trainer is something we can see in the future ;)

Thanks again for your review!
Alkistis Piki, CS Team

• Reviewed on 01/08/2017
mannager
Mental Health Care, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/01/2020

"Your personal training: anytime, anywhere"

Comments: In general, happy. It fulfills what it promises and works.

Pros: It's great, to have your own trainer in your pocket, to prepare the exercise sessions, keep track of meals ... very complete.

Cons: maybe it could customize a little more, facilitate access to IoT to connect more devices and the user to better follow its evolution

by Virtuagym on 26/02/2020

Hi There!

Thank you so much for your feedback! We are happy to see that you are using the product to the best advantage and are very grateful for the suggestions that you had provided. Our users' feedback is what helps us to determine what next steps in product development we should take so please keep it coming!

• Reviewed on 22/01/2020
Michael R.
Ceo
  • Reviewed on 20/06/2019

"Very disappointing"

Comments: I am highly disappointed in the services I have received thus far as a member with Virtuagym. There is no IPad supported app even tho the picture on your website suggests there is. The Netbanx payment system is extremely slow I’ve waited a full week for a payment and it’s still not in my bank account. Uploading custom workouts and video is very inconvenient and requires way too many steps. Overall dissatisfied and I wish I chose a different company.

Pros: I like that you can assign workouts that are demonstrated by video.

Cons: Creating custom workouts and videos require way too many steps. Everything is cloud based making the entire system move slowly. You have to log on to a desktop to perform most functions because the app only allows workout assignment and progress view. The Paysafe payment system take forever to deposit money into the bank. The list goes on and on. I truly wish i had spent my money with a different company.

Hi Michael,

Thank you so much for your feedback. I am sorry that you have had a bad experience with our product. Unfortunately sometimes we have to work with the timeline of our partners. However we continue to improve these processes to make it faster and more convenient. Please keep providing us this useful feedback via [email protected]

Thanks in advance!

• Reviewed on 20/06/2019
Keely C.
Guest Services Manager
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/08/2020

"Virtuagym Review"

Pros: being able to track my work outs and to be able to customize work outs

Cons: to be a little more user friendly when managing through the app

by Virtuagym on 10/08/2020

Dear Keely,

Thank you for sharing your experience with Virtuagym!

We're glad to know that our all in one solution has allowed you to track and customize your workouts, this is exactly why we put so much effort on developing our tools.

Your comments are very important to us, remember to send us feedback, suggestions, and requests for improvement to [email protected]

Your Virtuagym family!

• Reviewed on 06/08/2020
Ashley M.
Owner/Lifestyle Coach
  • Reviewed on 01/02/2018

"Virtua gym has some positives, but it didn't fit with my business needs."

Pros: The nutrition app is wonderful. It has a gorgeous design and is easy to use. Look out myfitnesspal!

Cons: The training app is a bit cumbersome to use, especially the program builder. You can't build out programs for say a 6 week training block with target reps/weights/sets for your client to hit. It is too expensive for what it has to offer. Other software is better at a cheaper price.

by Virtuagym on 02/02/2018

Hi Ashley,

Thanks for having found time to review our product!

We're happy for your compliments but also very sorry for the inconvenients you met.

Please feel free to reach us out at [email protected] indicating your request more in detail, in order to see together how the service can best fit. Naturally, please feel free also to express your concerns about the price, as our goal is to tailor our product to your business as an investment rather than a pure cost.

We're glad to help, and thanks again for your feedback!

Your,
CS Team

• Reviewed on 01/02/2018
Jemes S.
  • Reviewed on 25/02/2017

"Great service. Friendly staff and very easy to use software. Learned it same it"

Comments: Great experience so far. No complaints. My online Clients love the app, and it's easy to use interface

by Virtuagym on 09/03/2017

Hi James,

We sincerely thank you for your kind and positive review. We are very happy to hear that our software is resulting easy to use for you and your clients.

Naturally, please never forget that we are always available to back you up anytime, for any kind of requests you might have!

Have a great day,

Walter - Virtuagym Client Success Team

• Reviewed on 25/02/2017
Samantha C.
  • Reviewed on 28/03/2020

"They will try to sell their service as if they provide livestreaming but they don't"

Comments: Horrible!

Pros: Had a horrible experience from the beginning! And they do not want to give my refund!

Cons: They will try to sell their service as if they provide livestreaming but they don't

by Virtuagym on 31/03/2020

Hi Samantha,

We are sorry if you felt misled by our reps about the product as well as if the service did not satisfy your expectations.

It is not our intention to offer a product that works differently than promised, nor we do so with any feedback. I will have one of our consultant reach out to you to further discuss the situation.

In the meantime I do want to counter your Con that we don't provide live stream. Please read our latest blog about how to do live streaming via your Virtuagym Community. https://business.virtuagym.com/blog/live-streaming-via-your-virtuagym-community/

There are also other options available via Virtuagym, which are all explained on our website: https://business.virtuagym.com/coronavirus-faq/.

We are sorry for this situation and look forward to hearing from you.

The CS Team

• Reviewed on 28/03/2020
Guy L.
  • Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 23/01/2018

Hi Guy,

Thanks for your rating. Would you be able to give us some constructive feedback so we are able to improve? Thank you in advance.

• Source: GetApp