15 years helping British businesses

About PandaDoc

PandaDoc is an all-in-one tool to create, edit, send, track, and eSign business documents quickly and easily.

Learn more about PandaDoc

Pros:

Cons:

Unfortunately I find the program a bit confusing, it took me a bit longer to understand everything.

PandaDoc ratings

4.4
4.3
4.3
4.2

8.4/10

PandaDoc has an overall rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars based on 1,095 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used PandaDoc before?

Filter reviews (1,095)

Jesus
Jesus
CEO/President in US
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Jumping From RightSignature to PandaDocs

Comments: We were previously paying RighSignature somewhere around $600/yr to essentially send around 4 documents per month via API to Podio. I took a deep breath and looked at that renewal cost during a pandemic and decided to look for options. It boiled down to SignNow or PandaDoc. When I saw PandaDocs free tier, I made the jump and haven't looked back. We did lose the automation functionality in the process, but the $600/yr savings makes up for it. We simply uploaded the NDA and Agreements we use and we "duplicate" them when we need to send a new one. The process takes 3 minutes at the most to setup, send and sign. If you're a small business getting started and need free e-Signing, PandaDoc is a winner.

Pros:

They provide a free tier for smaller companies to fulfill their e-signing requirements. If that wasn't enough, their free tier does not have any major, missing components that would cripple the software. It just works beautifully at the wonderful cost of "zero".

Cons:

I'm not in a place to complain when I'm using e-Signature software for free. However, it would be really, really nice if they could provide some limited API or Zapier functionality with the free tier. I don't expect that to happen, but it would be lovely if they did it.

Alternatives Considered: airSlate SignNow

Reasons for Choosing PandaDoc: RightSignature was too expensive for API access.

Switched From: RightSignature

Reasons for Switching to PandaDoc: PandaDoc had a free tier.

Alicia
Special Education Teacher in US
Education Management, 201–500 Employees

PandaDoc is very helpful!

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Pros:

I love that I can have many people sign a document. It is also nice to be able to set an order for signing or to have anyone sign. The email reminders that a document has been signed or completed are helpful. I also need to be able to send many documents to be signed in a month and I can do that with PandaDoc.

Cons:

I don't have anything that I dislike about PandaDoc so far.

Elaine
Director of Information Technology in US
Individual & Family Services, 51–200 Employees

Does the job but improvements needed

Comments: Easy to learn and use. PandaDoc support team does seem willing to listen and interested in suggestions. They say they will forward suggestions to the development team. Overall PandaDoc feels like it's still very young and needs its developers to pay more attention to some smaller details to improve user experience and polish some existing features.

Pros:

Quick and easy to learn and train staff. PandaDoc support team is responsive, even if they don't have all the answers. Does some jobs well. If you just need to get a simple signature on a simple form, this is easy peasy.

Cons:

No conditional logic on forms. For example a W-9 form requires either a SSN or EIN and only one check-box must be checked. No way to make conditional requirements like this. The editor is tedious when designing forms from scratch: making the slightest edit to a section that has many checkboxes, for example, will skew the whole document out of alignment. While viewing "Completed" documents, after opening a document to view it, then returning back to the list again, there's no indicator showing which document was last opened, so it's hard to know where you left off on the list of docs. This seems like such an obvious and simple feature. Published forms (forms embedded as code on on website) have the following issue: If a signature is needed from us (originator) and signer (website visitor), then signer must enter OUR email address before they can fill out the form. If we leave off our signature (as a workaround) then the signer will receive notification emails normally intended for originator (Your form has been viewed, etc) and there's no way to turn off those notifications. PandaDoc chat support staff was stumped on that one. There's no way to enable notification to another team member. This is a problem for teams that divide work. Example: team member #1 creates/modifies forms, team member #2 works with signed documents. Team member #2 can't be notified of newly arrived docs. Why limit who can be notified? Things like that. Improvements are needed.

Yasith
Yasith
CEO in Sri Lanka
Computer Software, 11–50 Employees

Best online platform for certified documents

Comments: I've liked using Pandadoc. It's really easy to use and easy for others as well. The templates and the user experience is what stands out for me

Pros:

The default templates were really helpful to get started with certain documents The UI UX is really good Sharing with others is easy as well

Cons:

I feel they could offer better pricing They are also not utilizing AI much where they could have made a good impact because most documents can be generated with few inputs.

Alternatives Considered: Docusign

Reasons for Switching to PandaDoc: DocuSign felt expensive and did not have templates that we wanted to use. I felt the Pandadoc user experience is better as well.

Luiza
Owner in Romania
Newspapers, 2–10 Employees

Documents powerhouse

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: Is great in managing your documents, create and store them securely.

Pros:

Account setup was easy and support was very fast and clear. I manage with PandaDoc all documents, document creation and signing. A real document manage powerhouse.

Cons:

From my point of view the price could be a little smaller on monthly plans, but not a deal breaker.

Robert
Owner in Romania
Newspapers, 2–10 Employees

A very good alternative to ... you know who

Pros:

Is a great tool to manage your contracts, invoices and others. Easily to setup and get it running. It saves you a lot of time when it comes to documents hassle.

Cons:

Is not the cheapest in his category, would be great if they offered some discounts.

Alternatives Considered: Adobe Acrobat Sign and Adobe Acrobat Reader

Switched From: Adobe Acrobat Sign, Adobe Acrobat Reader and Adobe Acrobat Pro

Fran
PMO in Uruguay
Information Technology & Services, 51–200 Employees

Super friendly por proposals

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

We use PandaDoc to get our Statement of Works signed for our proposals. It is very easy to use and works great!

Cons:

Some features are hard to find, but support is amazing!

Enrico
IT Manager in US
Consumer Services, 1,001–5,000 Employees

PandaDoc Is the Best Software for Managing Business Documents

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

Managing business documents using PandaDoc is smooth and affordable. PandaDoc has been easy to use and reliable to manage.

Cons:

I do not dislike PandaDoc at all. PandaDoc has been so effective.

Rosanna
Rosanna
Photographer in Italy
Photography, 2–10 Employees

Valid and useful

4.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

PandaDoc is a simple user-friendly software, and while still having such a friendly interface, it surely has a lot of options to choose from; you can do multiple useful things on each sheet in a few clicks, and it never wronged me so far.

Cons:

Never had any issue, except for a few crashes, but that depends on the document weight and on my pc RAM.

Haley
Schedule and Data Assistant in US
Hospital & Health Care, 51–200 Employees

Great for the Younger Audience

4.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: Great application if you don't already have or want to spend the money on Adobe products and have a younger workforce/collaborative audience.

Pros:

Once you get familiarized with the format and navigation, it's pretty user-friendly.

Cons:

My elderly Board members weren't able to easily navigate the prompts from email.

Cyril
CEO in France
Textiles, 2–10 Employees

Insane product versus obsolete pricing

Comments: Wonderful product discovering, harsh disappointment on the pricing model.

Pros:

The visual template editor tool is completely insane; nothing to be compared to other existing SAAS out there. Tested like 7 other tools, really nothing compares.

Cons:

The pricing model for the first 2 plans (essential 29$ / business 49$) EXCLUDES THE API ACCESS, that can only be enabled — with extra-charges — with an enterprise plan. The enterprise plan is on-demand quote only, through a useless call with the sale team, and probably very expensive (I did not go through there, not time for useless calls). This is completely insane as of 2021 as it makes Pandadoc both unsuitable for automation workflows in human-sized companies, and inconsistent with its competition and its time. This is 21th century, every SAAS out there has an open API from starter plans, and there's a reason for this : an API is not an "enterprise" nor an "advanced" feature at all; every startup use them be it through code or no-code integrations. This is a pretty ridiculous situation where I love the product, already setup everything working like a charm, want to buy it, but am facing an inconsistent and prohibitive pricing model.

Alternatives Considered: Docupilot and Formstack Documents

Reasons for Switching to PandaDoc: I did not, because of the prohibitive pricing model. I went with Docupilot which has a waaaaaaaaay less curated product, but a decent (and 2021-ready) pricing model

Kalie
Financial Controller in US
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

Newer to the product, BUT LOVE IT!

Comments: We have cut down the amount of time it takes to get signed legal documentation from customers which allows us to begin work on projects much sooner! Also, housing all documents in one place allows for ease of access should we need to find a specific document.

Pros:

With software development being our field of specialty, we have many documents that we need our customers to read over and sign. The location to a printer for some was easy, but for others, it would take so long for them to print out the number of documents, sign them, scan them and send them back to our team in which they would live in a random folder in our drive. Using PandaDoc allows us to create templates for each of our legal documents and send them directly to the signer in which they can click a few buttons and send it back over to us and everything is housed neatly together in folders.

Cons:

It does get a little pricey the more users you add, but if you only have one person that needs to access the information it is well worth it.

Alternatives Considered: Docusign

Reasons for Switching to PandaDoc: We looked at DocuSign because many of our customers use it because you can customize each of your documents and brand it directly to fit your company. The number of features PandaDoc's has compared to DocuSign was almost double giving us more uses for the software than just getting documents signed.

Carol
Data Systems Manager/Project Manager in US
Mental Health Care, 201–500 Employees

PandaDoc saved us during the Pandemic

Comments: This has really been a blessing to us - especially when the mandates are back in place for not allowing verbal signatues.

Pros:

I love how easy it was to implement this product and all of the training we received. It was perfect to train the trainer and everyone we came in contact with at PandaDoc were so helpful and quick to lend a hand. Since there are still clients who aren't comfortable coming into the office, PandaDoc really helps us with obtaining the necessary signatures from our clients without having to have laptops or computers. They can easily sign from their phones.

Cons:

It is a bit difficult if you don't use it for a bit and then try to set up a form to be signed. Or if we have turnover and we have to train a new person to use it.

Alternatives Considered: Docusign

Reasons for Switching to PandaDoc: PandaDoc was listed as an integrated program with Zoom - we were hoping to be able to have clients sign while in Zoom sessions.

Brittany
My go-to document program in US
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

My go-to document program

Comments: I love PandaDoc. I have used it for invoicing, contracts, NDA’s, non competes, sub contractor agreements, and so much more. It is capable of so much! When integrating a system for a client, I try to make most of the process automated as I my client base is mainly small business owners who don’t have time to manually do each process.

Pros:

Very user friendly, capable of doing many things (and everything expanding!) integrates with plenty of programs easily.

Cons:

There is not much I don’t like about PandaDoc- the only thing I can say here is when setting it up (for a small business owner to take over the program)- showing them the integration between Pipedrive and how to set it up using variables is not as user friendly to people who don’t usually see this.

Reasons for Choosing PandaDoc: More complex than docusign for what I needed

Switched From: Docusign and Jotform

Harris
Owner in US
Construction, 51–200 Employees

Great Business Tool. Obvious, simple upgrades required

Comments: PandaDoc has become an integral part of our business operations. The technological features, continual upgrades and enthusiasm are all reasons why we continue to support and use the service. Since this is a "review" that hopefully someone will read and acknowledge, I want to make clear that we are very happy with PandaDoc.. but since you are requesting feedback, I hope the following is taken into consideration. Please note that these are all points that have been previously expressed to PandaDoc/QuoteRoller staff: 1) Dashboard: Show us how we are doing. What % are we closing, simple reporting and graphs, etc. This is simple stuff most of your competitors are doing. 2) Win/Loss (In relation to #1): We NEED a button to track LOST proposals... along with a text/dropdown box to document the reason for "failure". Similarly, we need a WIN button. We have a TON of customers that either (a) refuse to e-sign or (b) can't for whatever reason. 3) Proposal Follow ups: Thank you for the recent upgrade to add this functionality. But it is very generic. There needs to be a sense of customization for the customer. 4) Email hosting: This is one of the biggest complaints I receive from customers. The typical scenario is: We have an email conversation ongoing about a project.. then a random PandaDoc email/proposal off-thread is sent (even with forewarning to expect said random email).. and then it's difficult for the customer to search for said random email down the line because it's not from "me". I understand you want to control email opens, etc. But, a link to the page where the proposal is hosted (as an alternative to the current process) would be a hugely effective sales tool to allow the sales team to stay "in thread" and continue the conversation organically.
PS. We've been using your service for about a year and a half. We have sent approximately 2,500 proposals. I can probably count on 2 hands that number of customers that have used the "comments" functionality. 99.9% of customers simply reply to the email.. which then creates a disjointed conversation since inevitably people are not CC'd and I return to the point I started to make at the beginning of this paragraph.
5) Sales Team Control: Related to a few points above. Reporting, reminders, etc can be useful per employee. If you've made it this far, thank you again for reading. I hope you consider these integrations. I am available to discuss/clarify at any time.

Pros:

Ease of use. Templates, content library, general organization

Cons:

Noted in previous comments section

Heather
Heather
Senior Marketing Communications Manager in US
Accounting, 501–1,000 Employees

All-around great proposal software and automation tool.

Pros:

PandaDoc has allowed us to streamline our proposal process tremendously. Because of the content library, template functions and ease of use, we've been able to double the number of proposals we put out in the same timeframe before implementation. The analytics reporting feature has assisted in increasing our win rates. We can hone in on the areas of our proposals that resonate with our prospects, allowing the follow-up meetings to be more focused - discussing targeted, relevant themes, services and needs. PandaDoc's development team is very open to feedback and ideas on how to improve the platform. It's refreshing to work with a company that takes your input and one-off special requests to not only deliver on those requests for you but roll out these changes across the board for all of their users. Having a say in the process of polishing and tweaking a product to work best for us is a value-added benefit. The various plug-ins for other software, such as CRM systems, is useful for collaboration between departments. The ability to customize the CSS to fit our brand is essential. We can customize templates with designs that fulfill each of our needs. Having multiple workspaces under one account is extremely helpful keeping documents separated for different departments and projects.

Cons:

There are a few small issues that we've run into, however, the pros of this software heavily outweigh the cons. PandaDoc does not allow for multiple users to work in a document at the same time, but I believe this is something that is being addressed in the new editor or at least on the buildout updates for the future. From time to time we will run into small formatting issues due to a glitch in the coding. More often than not, they are isolated to one document. For a couple of issues we ran into, the development team was able to provide a timely fix, and the issues have been non-recurring. In the past few years that we've been using the platform, we have only had three instances where the software was down, two of those instances were for less than an hour. Even with the downtime, we have never missed a deadline to deliver a proposal, even in an industry where RFPs are common.

Yevstakhii
Teacher in Ukraine
E-Learning, 51–200 Employees

My expirience of use PandaDoc

Comments: PandaDoc is generally regarded as a comprehensive and feature-rich document management and electronic signature platform. Here are some aspects that I have highlighted as positive experiences:Ease of document creation: I appreciate the user-friendly interface and intuitive document creation process in PandaDoc. The platform offers a wide range of customizable templates and drag-and-drop functionality, allowing me to quickly create professional-looking documents without extensive design or technical skills.2. Streamlined document collaboration: PandaDoc provides robust collaboration features, enabling multiple users to collaborate on documents in real-time. I can easily track changes, leave comments, and assign tasks within the document, facilitating efficient collaboration and reducing communication barriers.3. Simplified electronic signature process: I find PandaDoc's electronic signature capabilities to be a significant time-saver. I can easily send documents for signature, track the signing progress, and receive signed documents back, eliminating the need for printing, signing, and scanning physical copies.But also I had issues with limited template selection, mobile app limitations and support response time

Pros:

1. Collaboration and workflow management: PandaDoc provides collaboration features that enable multiple team members to work on the same document simultaneously. I can track changes, leave comments, and assign tasks, facilitating efficient collaboration and streamlining the document review process.2. Electronic signature capabilities: PandaDoc allows me to request electronic signatures from recipients, eliminating the need for printing, signing, and scanning documents. I can easily send documents for signature, track the signing process, and receive signed documents back, saving time and simplifying the signing workflow.3. Document tracking and analytics: PandaDoc offers insights into document activity, allowing me to track when recipients open documents, view specific sections, or interact with embedded media. I can access analytics to gain a better understanding of recipient engagement and make data-informed decisions.

Cons:

1. Limited template selection: While PandaDoc provides a range of templates, I have mention a desire for a larger and more diverse selection. Users in specific industries or with unique document requirements may find it challenging to find templates that suit their specific needs, requiring additional customization efforts.2. Mobile app limitations: I have encountered limitations or challenges when using PandaDoc's mobile app. I had Issues such as slower loading times, limited editing capabilities, or difficulty navigating the app on smaller screens.3. Support response time: I had delays or slow response times when seeking support from PandaDoc's customer service team.

Halimatun
Halimatun
IT Manager in Malaysia
Accounting, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Create business document easily

Pros:

PandaDoc is mainly focused on preparing business paperwork, such as invoice documents or documents that require signatures, because it has a function that allows you to add an e-signature field. It will enable the paperwork to be totally digital, eliminating any need to print the document. This program is accessible from anywhere as long as you have an internet connection, making it ideal for people who alternate between working remotely and from the workplace.

Cons:

The new upgrades were a little challenging to adjust to. With the previous version, we could attach PDF files straight into the contract and have them seem like part of a contract. As a result, they can only be uploaded as an attachment, which means they're more likely to be overlooked in the process. This situation has resulted in additional methods for us, lengthening the time required to provide them to our clients.

Abdallah
Senior Project Engineer in Jordan
Civil Engineering, 1,001–5,000 Employees

An integrated solution for managing electronic signature procedures

Comments: With PandaDoc, we have been able to improve our capabilities in managing the review processes of contracts, offers, and other necessary documents by the officials of the organization, as well as the process of sending to subcontractors, suppliers, and customers to make the electronic signature done quickly and securely.

Pros:

PandaDoc works great, and the interface is very easy to use. It is great how we can prepare contracts in full detail without complications, as the drag and drop feature helps to accurately locate personal information, the electronic signature area, and any other additional information, and it is good that we can make several copies of the same contract and customize it to suit the type and level of signatures and approvals that you need. I like the fact that we can track the contracts sent and know where they are actually located, which enables us to significantly speed up the processes.

Cons:

I don't have too many problems with PandaDoc; all the tools are simple and easy to use, and the constant updates have greatly improved the automation.

Caroline
Executive Assistant/Marketing Associate in US
Financial Services, 2–10 Employees

Newbie to PandaDoc but already got the hang of it

Comments: PandaDoc is easy to navigate for a beginner and it is effortless to learn how to use. PandaDoc provides many options for users with questions - a help center, video tutorials, email support and a live chat (my favorite feature).

Pros:

I am brand new to PandaDoc, unlike my team who has more experience, but have found it very easy to navigate as a novice. I love how effortless it is to upload the respective document and get it right to a client's computer within seconds. Yes, there is a level of work you must complete beforehand - prepping the document, editing the document, making sure it is good to go, but otherwise, it is as simple as uploading, formatting it correctly, and sending it to obtain signatures. We now have a binding agreement between client and team. I also am a huge advocate for Live Chat features on websites and lucky for me, PandaDoc provides that feature for its users. PandaDoc also serves as a place to keep track of previous agreements and records. Everything is preserved and safe within this software. The search feature comes in handy here to reference exactly what you are looking for.

Cons:

Formatting issues - this may not be a PandaDoc issue, but if your third-party software such as PowerPoint has your brand font uploaded and downloaded from the internet, there is a chance the font may not upload exactly as is. This is a problem I face almost every single time I am using PandaDoc. Our brand font is called Catamaran, it has been downloaded to my computer, but when I go to upload to PandaDoc, 9 times out of 10, the font will not carry over as it is formatted via third-party software. Nothing else is affected besides the fact fonts become inconsistent with our brand.

Sunitha
Sunitha
NATIONAL SCHOOL FEEDING PROGRAM FACILITATOR in France
Program Development, 201–500 Employees

Amazing tool

Pros:

PandaDoc is incredibly user-friendly and straightforward. After trying out a few different document signing platforms, I found that PandaDoc was far and away the most enjoyable to work with. Building documents is a breeze and the final product looks incredibly professional. The templates and tokens are a real time-saver and the signing process is a breeze. I also appreciate the activity feed, which lets me know if a document has been seen.

Cons:

I have no complaints; everything is excellent and amazing.

James
James
Director in UK
Management Consulting, 2–10 Employees

Excellent Digital Signature Platform

Pros:

We swear by PandaDoc, excellent software that means our client engagement letters can be sent, reviewed and signed digitally. So easy to use and send.

Cons:

Nothing at all, everything is fantastic and simple to use

Reasons for Choosing PandaDoc: Price and features

Switched From: Signable

Masturah
Masturah
Administrative Assistant in Malaysia
Telecommunications, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Good document generation software for business document

Pros:

PandaDoc is more focus on creating a business documentation like invoice document or document that need signature, as PandaDoc has a feature that can add a field for a e-signature. It let the documentation is fully digital and no need to print the document anymore.

Cons:

I would love if they can constantly adding a new feature or tools, as the pricing scheme for using the premium plan is quite high and the adding values will justifying the price tag. Converting the document to other document format is not available in here.

Mark
CIO in US
Higher Education, 201–500 Employees

If only it integrated with other products!

Comments: Excellent overall - form creation, editing, distribution, and management were all very easy.

Pros:

We used this software to process employment related forms for contractors and employees at the college and it was mostly great. The text boxes could be a little simpler for editing (you can't highlight text and change it, you have to use arrow keys to move to the text like you're working at a DOS prompt). But for document tracking, signatures, and security it's fantastic. If you don't have the need to integrate with enterprise systems you can't find a better document/workflow management software.

Cons:

It doesn't integrate with much in the way of enterprise software. As time passed and our other software was updated it became more difficult to track some things because Panda didn't integrate with any of our critical systems. As a result we used Panda less because most of the new ERP systems (and HRIS, and Finance) include workflows, forms, and signatures today.

Joe
VP Sales in US
Wireless, 11–50 Employees

VP of Sales - Review of Pandadoc

Comments: This tool is key to our sales operations at this point. We appreciate the updates and can tell that the people at Pandadoc are actively working to make improvements to the platform.

Pros:

Pandadoc allows us to easily customize our quotes and proposals. I appreciate the tracking feature to know when clients open or view the info we present. Electronic signature piece simlifies our processes. In addiiton, I like to accept/reject process which allows my reps to send me deals with discounting or changes in terms to quickly review.

Cons:

I don't like the fact that emails sent from this tool often get stuck in the client's spam filter. We typically send a manual copy in addition to the electronic version because of this. It might be that our clients, healthcare IT, are a little more zealous on blocking incoming emails than other industries. Our CRM integration is not the best (Hubspot) it may be that we haven't set it up as good as we could have. However, the basic integration we have does provide some value.