• Overall
    4.5 /5
    4.3 /5
    4.4 /5

About PandaDoc

Sales teams use PandaDoc to improve deal workflow, insights, and speed while delivering an amazing buying experience.

Learn more about PandaDoc

Showing 25 reviews of 742

Ted B.
Education Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/08/2016

"Has some big shortcomings"

Comments: I had high hopes for this software and am leaving exceptionally dissatisfied. Normally I wouldn't write a bad review, but this is more of a warning to others so they don't get surprised like I did.

Pros: Cool name.

Cons: #1. No text wrapping in fields. If you put a field on a form and someone types past the end of the field, it does not wrap text. It also does not tell them they hit the character limit. So what happens? Anything extra is lost with no way to retrieve it. Quote from support "Unfortunately this is a known issue. At this time there is no way to retrieve any information in these situations. " Yes, in 2016, a software company creating fillable fields is not capable of wrapping text or telling a user they are at the limit. #2 No batch sending. Want to send the same document to 20 people to complete individually? You have to manually add all 20 contacts, then manually send each one of them an individual form that requires an 8 step process. That's 160 steps to send 20 people the exact same form. #3 No way to identify required fields. Creating a doc with lots of fields with a mix of required and not required? There is no way to differentiate them visually. To check your work you must click on each field and see if the box is checked for it to be required. Nightmare of epic proportions.

by PandaDoc on 30/03/2020

Hi there!

I realize this response is long overdue, so first and foremost thank you for your honest feedback. Although this is our first public response, I can assure you that our team took your comments into account.

The truth is that we are not the company or the product that you once knew.

Since 2016, we have introduced a brand new editor built on user feedback like yours, equipped with overall better performance as well as features that you mentioned such as bulk send and required fields.

If you're still in the market for document automation software, drop us a line and our team would be happy to show you Editor 2.0.

We hope to have the opportunity to work with you again, and I sincerely apologize for your previous experience with us.

• Reviewed on 11/08/2016
Davide V.
Internet, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/04/2020

"Very easy to create fast proposal"

Comments: The experience is very nice, the cloud app work fast and I like the fact you don't need to click SAVE but just click the grey background it automaticly save everytime you are doing a edit. Very nice. It work fast with any connection, well done.

Pros: This service in cloud is very nice, Now I can save many hours when I create proposal for web design because I create different templates and I can start from there.
I also like it can integrate con Pipedrive.

Cons: I would like the new builder in italian, but they are working on it

• Reviewed on 24/04/2020
Pierre R.
Sales Manager
Environmental Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/10/2019

"Pandadoc feedback from france"

Comments: The product is really good and suitable for a daily basis use. I have still some fears to move from pdf to 100% digital quotes in France because of spam barrier but I know this would open a 50% rise in customer experience with many other possibilities as videos in templates, directly chating with customer inside the doc, all status change...

Pros: The features are very well minded. It is very egronomic and efficient with pipedrive integration.
I appreciate the posibilities to get folders, drag and drop, managing many templates with libraries is very useful to set up a new one as easy as a drag and drop. To be honest I would love to be able to use pandadoc using more features included in my package

Cons: definitively the 5 licences as a minimum. This is the second company I implement pandadoc for less users than 5 and I am not happy to pay for nothing.
I am not happy with the date format with YYYY/MM/DD. As most of the european people we do use DD/MM/YYYY. So I have to select 2 date fields to get around this format in each document I edits from pipedrive (quotes with date of edition and date of expiration)

by PandaDoc on 17/10/2019

Hi Pierre,

Thanks for the feedback -- I shared your comment about date formatting with the Product Team.

As for the concern about spam barriers in France, we have a few solutions for dealing with that while maintaining the digital document experience (along with tracking, etc. for you).

1. You can "white-label" your email delivery address so that documents are sent from your domain.

- https://support.pandadoc.com/hc/en-us/articles/360007816574-Whitelabel-your-PandaDoc-delivery-emails)

2. You can generate a direct link for each recipient and email that directly to them. I'd recommend sending the document via PandaDoc first and then generating the document link(s) and sending as a fail-safe.

- https://support.pandadoc.com/hc/en-us/articles/360009912654-Share-document-link-with-your-recipients)

Hope this helps. Thanks again for taking the time to share your feedback!

Heather C.
Senior Marketing Communications Manager
Accounting, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/05/2018

"All-around great proposal software and automation tool."

Pros: PandaDoc has allowed us to streamline our proposal process tremendously. Because of the content library, template functions and ease of use, we've been able to double the number of proposals we put out in the same timeframe before implementation.
The analytics reporting feature has assisted in increasing our win rates. We can hone in on the areas of our proposals that resonate with our prospects, allowing the follow-up meetings to be more focused - discussing targeted, relevant themes, services and needs.
PandaDoc's development team is very open to feedback and ideas on how to improve the platform. It's refreshing to work with a company that takes your input and one-off special requests to not only deliver on those requests for you but roll out these changes across the board for all of their users. Having a say in the process of polishing and tweaking a product to work best for us is a value-added benefit.
The various plug-ins for other software, such as CRM systems, is useful for collaboration between departments.
The ability to customize the CSS to fit our brand is essential. We can customize templates with designs that fulfill each of our needs.
Having multiple workspaces under one account is extremely helpful keeping documents separated for different departments and projects.

Cons: There are a few small issues that we've run into, however, the pros of this software heavily outweigh the cons. PandaDoc does not allow for multiple users to work in a document at the same time, but I believe this is something that is being addressed in the new editor or at least on the buildout updates for the future.
From time to time we will run into small formatting issues due to a glitch in the coding. More often than not, they are isolated to one document. For a couple of issues we ran into, the development team was able to provide a timely fix, and the issues have been non-recurring.
In the past few years that we've been using the platform, we have only had three instances where the software was down, two of those instances were for less than an hour. Even with the downtime, we have never missed a deadline to deliver a proposal, even in an industry where RFPs are common.

• Reviewed on 11/05/2018
Harris C.
Construction, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/12/2016

"Great Business Tool. Obvious, simple upgrades required"

Comments: PandaDoc has become an integral part of our business operations. The technological features, continual upgrades and enthusiasm are all reasons why we continue to support and use the service. Since this is a "review" that hopefully someone will read and acknowledge, I want to make clear that we are very happy with PandaDoc.. but since you are requesting feedback, I hope the following is taken into consideration. Please note that these are all points that have been previously expressed to PandaDoc/QuoteRoller staff: 1) Dashboard: Show us how we are doing. What % are we closing, simple reporting and graphs, etc. This is simple stuff most of your competitors are doing. 2) Win/Loss (In relation to #1): We NEED a button to track LOST proposals... along with a text/dropdown box to document the reason for "failure". Similarly, we need a WIN button. We have a TON of customers that either (a) refuse to e-sign or (b) can't for whatever reason. 3) Proposal Follow ups: Thank you for the recent upgrade to add this functionality. But it is very generic. There needs to be a sense of customization for the customer. 4) Email hosting: This is one of the biggest complaints I receive from customers. The typical scenario is: We have an email conversation ongoing about a project.. then a random PandaDoc email/proposal off-thread is sent (even with forewarning to expect said random email).. and then it's difficult for the customer to search for said random email down the line because it's not from "me". I understand you want to control email opens, etc. But, a link to the page where the proposal is hosted (as an alternative to the current process) would be a hugely effective sales tool to allow the sales team to stay "in thread" and continue the conversation organically.
PS. We've been using your service for about a year and a half. We have sent approximately 2,500 proposals. I can probably count on 2 hands that number of customers that have used the "comments" functionality. 99.9% of customers simply reply to the email.. which then creates a disjointed conversation since inevitably people are not CC'd and I return to the point I started to make at the beginning of this paragraph.
5) Sales Team Control: Related to a few points above. Reporting, reminders, etc can be useful per employee. If you've made it this far, thank you again for reading. I hope you consider these integrations. I am available to discuss/clarify at any time.

Pros: Ease of use. Templates, content library, general organization

Cons: Noted in previous comments section

• Reviewed on 13/12/2016
Kalie L.
Financial Controller
  • Reviewed on 23/08/2019

"Newer to the product, BUT LOVE IT!"

Comments: We have cut down the amount of time it takes to get signed legal documentation from customers which allows us to begin work on projects much sooner! Also, housing all documents in one place allows for ease of access should we need to find a specific document.

Pros: With software development being our field of specialty, we have many documents that we need our customers to read over and sign. The location to a printer for some was easy, but for others, it would take so long for them to print out the number of documents, sign them, scan them and send them back to our team in which they would live in a random folder in our drive. Using PandaDoc allows us to create templates for each of our legal documents and send them directly to the signer in which they can click a few buttons and send it back over to us and everything is housed neatly together in folders.

Cons: It does get a little pricey the more users you add, but if you only have one person that needs to access the information it is well worth it.

• Reviewed on 23/08/2019
Javier G.
Grants and Contracts Coordinator
Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/08/2019

"Great product. Rivals DocuSign and AdobeSign"

Comments: We adopted this system to send out our organization's legal documents, and so far the experience has been great. I would highly recommend this e-signature product.

Pros: The interface to send out documents is great, and there are some better features offered than the other competitors (such as masked fields, a proposal making function, attachments you can make to the document, and a signature authentication page with each agreement). PandaDocs offers basically the same function as DocuSign, but it has some additional features and the cost is considerably cheaper.

Cons: Sometimes depending on the email server, the automated email sent by PandaDocs gets sent into the partners junk mail. Doesn't integrate with SharePoint.

• Reviewed on 14/08/2019
Linda D.
President and Personal HR Sherpa
  • Reviewed on 27/07/2015

"Well on its way to being perfect!"

Comments: I use PandaDoc as a communication device for both proposals and documentation of my interactions with my clients (I have my own HR consulting business). I have found this software to be the perfect choice for me for many reasons. PROS - I am able to easily track the progress of my proposals and documentation for client interactions. My clients have no idea that when they open my communications, I am notified (which is awesome). The software is user-friendly and intuitive in that I was able to immediately pick up how to use the bells and whistles easily and without a tutorial (although tutorials are available). This is very important to me as I am a "skimmer" and feel that good programs should be easy, easy, easy. If I have to constantly refer to the users manual, I become frustrated and want to eliminate the program. I love the electronic signature feature - this has allowed me to execute proposals quickly. Additionally, I get proof that my clients have received the documentation I sent out - leaving absolutely no doubt that we are all on the same page regarding the advice I have given.
The customer service has been outstanding - I made a suggestion and was immediately given a response on the suggestion from a human being (versus an automated response).
CONS: I see that this software is clearly always advancing - so this is by no means a list of complaints, but rather more of a wish list. I would like to be able to send attachments with my documentation. Many times, I have created an employee handbook, job application, Affirmative Action Program, etc., and if this was attached to my PandaDoc documentation, I would easily be able to track the changes accordingly. As I store my communications (per client) in specific folders, I would love it if I were able to have a reporting feature to combine the entire list of communications with my clients in one report for a mid-year and annual review process. My only problem with the software is that I am automatically put into SPAM or junk e-mail at the client end. This only happens with the PandaDoc software then I end up getting black-listed for all future correspondence. This starts with every new PandaDoc delivery - if this can be fixed, I would be so grateful. Other than this, I have no complaints. Please - keep making changes and updating features because this program can become a monster!

• Reviewed on 27/07/2015
Greg H.
Corporate Culture Specialist
  • Reviewed on 10/04/2018

"We LOVE Pandadoc! They offer an incredible product, inexpensively, with killer customer support!"

Pros: Pandadoc has become central to our business. We utilize it to create custom proposals and for all information forms, contracts, invoicing and more. We love the flexibility of designing each template and then being able to personalize it. It's central to our sales process in creating a proposal that helps close the deal as much as anything else. It's robust, beautiful and easy. It's a fantastic solution for what we do. They also provide zippy customer service. We also dig how it tracks everything. Very useful in our communication. I can't say enough about it... Love, Love, Love it!

Cons: Seriously, there isn't anything about this product that I don't just love. It's cost effective. It looks very professional. One or two things though...
1. I wish we could customize how the email looked that that potential client received. It's the least attractive piece and not reflective of what the person is getting.
2. And this is a big one... a few emails have ended up in a spam folder... which is really really bad when people are waiting on the proposal. So that's a hickey for sure. But it's so worth it, and we just follow up with a call or email "sent the proposal, let me know what you think"...

• Reviewed on 10/04/2018
Desmond T.
PartershipsnCoordinator

"Pretty good!"

Comments: I use PandaDoc to create proposals and contracts for my company. It's pretty easy to use (especially over the last few months). I love the templates you can create, from full documents all the way to small pieces that you can drag into another document. My only two problems: 1) It gets a little buggy sometimes and doesn't do what I want when editing a document 2) when I send contracts out, they usually end up in someone's spam folder.

Pros: I love being able to create ready to go templates for proposals and contracts that I use often. It also makes the proposals look BEAUTIFUL.

Cons: 1) Sometimes when I'm editing a document, it bugs out. Like it will delete text or rearrange text or won't create an unordered list in the correct way. When this happens, I close out of the window and come back to it.
2) when I send contracts out to people through panda, it typically ends up in their spam folder because it's coming from a panda email that is being flagged as spam. I usually have to download the document and send it which kind of defeats the purpose of using the software

Rich R.
Security & Investigations, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/10/2019

"Good Product , easy to use"

Comments: Very positive software.

Pros: Very simple to setup and deploy, I love that it alerts us when the customer opens it and approves the proposal.

Cons: I wish we could use the tab function inside a quote, and the phone app needs an easy way to change the status as well as do the final signing on our end. I need to always log on to a computer to do my final signing. Also it would be great if we can incorporate into our CMS software but that might be a big wish.

Xavier H.
Accounting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/11/2018

"Good professional document management tool"

Comments: I really save time with Pandadoc and I also increase the professional aspect of my documents. I also use Pandadoc to build proposals: it gives a positive and innovative image towards my new clients

Pros: I really enjoy using PandaDoc for many business uses. I often generate recurring documents for my customers any easily can customize them to specifics needs.
I like the professional look and feel, monitoring access and expiration date, really enjoy token and electonic signature.

Cons: When you have a long document such as legal contract it's very painfull to create it because block management (normal text versus title) is not very easy to use : drag and drop not easy in such situation.
Image management : size, location , quality definition sould also be improved.

• Reviewed on 20/11/2018
Pat L.
Sales & Events Administrator
  • Reviewed on 08/05/2020

"Excellent Product That Continues To See Improvements Beyond Its Current Superior Product"

Comments: I can't describe it as anything less than excellent, particularly when working with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and the development team to help make continued improvements, and provide quick support for unexpected errors, which rarely occur.

Pros: PandaDoc is an excellent product that continues to see improvements by their development team, who is always open to feedback on ways to improve on functionality and user experience. Their support and willingness to adapt the product for more improved functionality has always been top notch. Their modular system is easy to use and navigate, and integrates with Salesforce, to help our team work efficiently in preparing proposals for their open opportunities.

Cons: It has some components that can be a little sensitive/clunky, but the PandaDoc team continues to work on improvements and response rates. I see these cons as temporary, and overall not a concern.

• Reviewed on 08/05/2020
William S.
Sales Executive
  • Reviewed on 11/10/2019

"Efficiency"

Comments: Sales, is, about efficiency. Having control of the little elements and details that quickly tend to be out of your control. PandaDoc makes things easier.
The obvious is it allows you to create documents with easy templates and modules to follow. What I like most are the features that come after. When you send a document it lets you know when it is opened, how long its opened and which part of the document the receiver pays most attention to. That is an invaluable bit of information when entering negotiations.
It also ensures accountability by recording every transition the document has undergone from creation, editing to approvals

Pros: The tracking and Audit trail features
The activity log of the receiver's actions.
Allowing clients to sign electronically.
Adding an in-person sign feature for assistance by sales rep

Cons: Nothing at the moment. Yet to find something I hate about PandaDoc. Still using, will revert when I find one.

• Reviewed on 11/10/2019
Mischa P.
Accounting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/03/2019

"Great Product"

Comments: Overall, I really love PandaDoc and will continue to use it

Pros: I really love the e-sign feature of PandaDoc amount other things. I can send forms to be completed or attachments to be reviewed and initialed. The possibilities are endless.

Cons: One area of improvement is the Contact area. It would help to have a middle name or initial field as most people have multiple names. Also, the ability to share templates with other PandaDoc users and when downloading a template from PandaDoc have it not be a pdf. Improving search features is another area that needs improvement as well.

• Reviewed on 08/03/2019
Kate C.
Brand Manager
  • Reviewed on 21/08/2017

"Great product for e-signature"

Pros: PandaDoc is easy to use and simple to introduce new users to. Customer service is excellent. We're using PandaDoc to send 10-30 documents a week and are always finding new ways to take advantage of the e-signature capabilities. We use it for contracts, W-9s, and waivers.

Cons: Design functions and capabilities are pretty limited- we want to use PandaDoc to create really dynamic proposals, but it's impossible to do some of the things we wanted to. We have to resize images in order to make what we need fit within one page in our template (when you download a doc as a pdf it splits it into pages instead of being one continuous document), but we have to resize them in a photo editor first or use CSS, so it's not very user-friendly. With that said, it's a great product for simpler docs or contracts, which is really its main intended use anyways.

• Reviewed on 21/08/2017
Manager - Mobile Strategy
Telecommunications, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/01/2019

"Software that streamlines sales"

Comments: It has made the sales force very convenient. Now we can send bulk emails, check their open rates, follow up accordingly, get it's singed and even receive payments all through one software

Pros: Ease of managing fields that I frequently use to send proposals. Easy to use proposal sending templates while the analytics brilliantly show who's viewed the proposal
It supports e-signature so no need to send hard copy to the client. Also it has the capability to collect payments through stripe. Hence its one software for the entire sales function..

Cons: Mostly some emails directly get pushed into the spam folfy of the recipient. Pandadoc should make technical upgrades to avoid this

• Reviewed on 09/01/2019
Megan I.
Sales & Project Coordinator
  • Reviewed on 09/05/2018

"Time Saver"

Comments: It increases our productivity in the workplace. One can easily view exactly what was worked on & when (from an internal perspective).

Pros: I love that it is so easy to use and that one can view the analytics for each individual doc. I love the auto reminder feature as well, assisting us with closing a deals quicker.

Cons: A lot of the time the contracts go into our customer's spam folder, so it would be awesome if we could send a link to our customers to get the contract directly opposed to going through emails trying to find the link.

• Reviewed on 09/05/2018
Olga Y.
  • Reviewed on 08/09/2020

"Best investment in Sales process so far!"

Comments: I will be honest, I decided to give PandaDoc a try because I like pandas, and because their marketing was great. I started with a free trial version and through trial and error learned how to create templates myself. Once I figured out how to use tokens and came up with a design template, there was no turning back. PandaDoc proposals look better than anything that I could have come up on my own, and thanks to tokens, the chance of leaving a wrong client name or other important detail is eliminated. If your clients are used to signing contracts digitally, you will find the PandaDoc digital collaboration and activity log feature invaluable.

Pros: I like that PandaDoc makes it easy for me to create beautiful, professional looking proposals in just a few minutes.

Cons: I wish it were easier to preview page breaks before I download multi-page proposals to PDF so I could make decisions on how to move content around to avoid page breaks in weird places.

• Reviewed on 08/09/2020
Ken S.
Account Management
  • Reviewed on 20/03/2020

"How I view PandaDoc as a daily user"

Comments: Overall I can't imagine how I would do my job as an account manager without PandaDoc. Between all the order forms and renewal forms that I send out on a daily basis, I need a tool that can help me easily add and/or subtract from templates, and follow up with prospects when they view it.

Pros: I love how I can send quotes out to customers and see when they opened it, and where they browsed around on it. I really like how easy it is to build a template that I use all the time, and then also configure specifically to the customer.

Cons: It can be complex to learn initially. For example, I had a hard time figuring out how to apply a discount to a quote. Eventually I figured it out but it took a while - so the learning curve can be quite extensive. But that to be expected for a more complex system.

• Reviewed on 20/03/2020
Donald B.
Director of Development
Financial Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/12/2016

"Donald Byrne Pandadoc review 2016"

Comments: There are still some functions that are difficult to use or do not exist. I would like to know exactly when I sent a document....not 3 months ago, 6 months ago etc. Search function would be beneficial to use if it worked properly.

Pros: It is easy to use but there is functionality missing.

Cons: When a document was sent...i would like to know the exact day and time....not 6 months ago. Search function is difficult and I don't think it works very well.....also being able to sort using various filters...does not exist.

Heath H.
Account Manager
  • Reviewed on 31/07/2019

"Our only tool for signing contracts and finalizing sales"

Comments: We use it as our official tool for finalizing sales and monitoring which leads have read our agreements or not.

Pros: It's always easy to user for our leads and potential clients. Very rarely does someone have an issue using it as long as they can electronically sign and know how to use a PDF! The best feature is the analytics and ability to see when users have read each page and for how long. This helps the sales team know when potential clients are engaged and whether or not they have just not had time to read our conditions

Cons: Takes a bit of time to setup your templates and get it organised, i also recommend using it alongside another tracking tool for sales (or a CRM etc). Not really a con though, it my favorite tool for getting contracts signed and deals across the line.

• Reviewed on 31/07/2019
Chris S.
Managing Director
11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/01/2018

"Pandadocs is really easy to adopt & very simple to use. Saves hours of time & makes you look great!"

Pros: It key asset is definitely its simplicity. Its a great user experience and is so easy for new users to adopt. Its worth taking time at the start to get your templates correct but once that's done its so easy to produce professional quotes or proposals. Your Sales team will literally save hours. Unlike some software, if you do make a mistake its very simple to "undo" and fix a problem. Its actually fun to produce quotes with Pandadocs and we have found sales guys actually enjoying producing the proposals as opposed to dreading it.

Cons: For us, Panda doesn't link to our Sage CRM which means we have to create a contact each time. A company entity within Panda would be great for a quick view of quotes to that organisation.

• Reviewed on 10/01/2018
Brian A.
Director, NA Sales & BD
  • Reviewed on 05/06/2017

"This platform provided integration with Insightly CRM and flexibility with creating sales quotes."

Pros: PandaDoc gave us a great tool to create sales quotes that were custom to our business. It was great to have the option to brand our documents. as well. The mobile app is very easy to use and tracking quotes has been very valuable. Overall, very happy with this platform.

Cons: The integration with Insightly could be a little better. The document name does not transfer to Insightly. All are posted with the generic template name. PandaDoc could also provide better a better search engine. I would like to search by the name of the person it was sent to or their email address. I would also like to see it use our business email server for all sent emails. Sometimes the PandaDoc email ends up in the SPAM folder.

• Reviewed on 05/06/2017
Conrad K.
Sales Representative
  • Reviewed on 08/06/2018

"Phenomenal tool for Sales Representatives looking to get work done efficiently."

Comments: Fantastic software that allows sales representatives to create professional proposals in a matter of minutes. We love it.

Pros: I love how it easily pairs with my CRM. PandaDoc allows users to create professional proposals in a matter of minutes. Also very easy to use.

Cons: The one thing I do not like is that multiple users cannot work from the same account at the same time. I love everything else.

• Reviewed on 08/06/2018