15 years helping British businesses

About WordPress

World's most popular software for creating blogs and websites. It is open source software that is free to use.

Learn more about WordPress

Pros:

Wonderful experience using WordPress app and all its rich features for a few years now. I really enjoy building a community, developing friendships, and meaningful discussions along the way.

Cons:

Defective plugins can be a problem when using Wordpress. In some cases, plugins can slow down the performance of a website, and sometimes become a gateway to a hacking attack.

WordPress ratings

4.2
4.1
4.5
4.6

8.6/10

WordPress has an overall rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars based on 14,852 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used WordPress before?

Filter reviews (14,852)

Bhuvnesh
Bhuvnesh
Founder and CEO in India
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Best CMS for creating your Business Online

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

Best features are easy to maintain every task in one platform.

Cons:

Best part is easy to install and create your Blog.

Touhidul Amin
Owner in Singapore
Market Research, Self Employed

WordPress is a fantastic platform for creating websites due to its user-friendly interface, extensive customization options.

5.0 last month New

Comments: Its intuitive interface, vast array of themes and plugins, and strong community support have made it my preferred platform for building websites. While there have been occasional challenges with performance optimization and updates, its flexibility and functionality outweigh any drawbacks.

Pros:

What stands out most about WordPress is its flexibility and scalability. With its extensive library of themes and plugins, users can create virtually any type of website, from simple blogs to complex e-commerce sites. Its user-friendly interface and robust community support further enhance its appeal for both beginners and experienced developers.

Cons:

One aspect of WordPress that could be improved is its performance optimization. While WordPress itself is highly customizable, some themes and plugins may impact site speed and loading times, requiring careful selection and optimization efforts. Additionally, managing updates for themes, plugins, and the core software can sometimes be cumbersome.

Samridh
Samridh
Electrical Engineer II in US
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 501–1,000 Employees

Wordpress as a Designer/user

Comments: It was neutral to positive experience for me using wordpress. Since I have an engineering and programming background I was able to do quite a bit in a short amount of time. It is a great platform to use for someone who is looking to just have a simple website with basic information and nothing complex. I think it is very intuitive and useful for bloggers.

Pros:

I used this software to build a website for a Non-Profit foundation for some fundraising events. I got an account with Bluehost server and wordpress was included in it. For someone who has never built a website before, wordpress did make my life very very easy. It has numerous features that can definitely help a novice like me get a basic website up and running. I enjoyed the following things while using this - Themes It comes with some basic theme templates which can be used to build the website. Just fill in some information that relates to your website and it will populate it. Think of it as a powerpoint template with boxes and design - Easy to upload pictures I was able to create folders and stores pictures on there and name them accordingly so I can go back and use them on different pages. - Widgets and Plugins The main attraction for this software platform I believe is their built in widgets and plugins. You can download from so many options. It is kind of like exploring the app store on your phone. Since it is an open source lot of users create their own widgets and plugins which are either free or you can purchase it. Needless to say purchased ones are much better but I got by with all free ones. - Edit code yes if you are a very savvy css html developer and you understand the code, you can go in and change their code and make adjustments. Warning: Don't mess with it if you don't know what you are doing

Cons:

The cons that i noticed in my website after it went live was - Speed The website was just slow. I am not sure if it is because of the widgets and plugins running on wordpress but I hated the speed. - Updates could ruin website Their themes get constantly updated so if you do not update it properly or if the new build released has a bug on it, it could mess up certain things on your website. This happened to many times where the plugins that worked fine on the older build wouldn't work the same on the new. - Time consuming for beginners Yeah it's not as simple as I was expecting it to be. I did spend quite an amount of time understanding the features and how to make best use of them. It was a lot of trial and error so be ready to put in some work at least.

Regina
Manager in US
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Freedom In Website Design and Development with Wordpress

Comments: I LOVE It! I've used it for years, and I keep learning new stuff all the time.

Pros:

I LOVE the ability to customize and add a variety of added features without being nickeled and dimed for every additional thing. Unlike some other "easier to use" platforms out there, WP offers a lot of customization and many plugins, themes, and extra cost nothing to implement.

Cons:

There is a learning curve and it's not beginner-friendly if you know nothing about installing it, etc.

Joseph
Information Technology Specialist in US
Construction, 201–500 Employees

Nganga’s WordPress Insight

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

WordPress makes it a breeze to create and design websites. Content publishing and blog posting are other crucial aspects.

Cons:

I acquire everything I yearn for on a daily basis.

Craig
Marketing Manager in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 501–1,000 Employees

Easy to Use. Great to Maintain

5.0 last week New

Comments: I came to this organization and worked on a refresher of our site. Everything that I wanted to do, I was able to do in WP easily. It's a great program and I look forward to using more in the future.

Pros:

WordPress is very easy to use. Every system is a little bit different, but once I learn how to do something, it seems like it's second nature. Of the 3 different systems that I used, I prefer WordPress the most.

Cons:

Sometimes the titles of the options on the left side don't mean what I think they mean. It's confusing at times but once I see what the option does, I know where I should have gone.

Corey
Designer in US
Design, Self Employed

WP is wonderful

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: I would not be able to work without WordPress so I think it's great

Pros:

I love so much about WordPress. The ease of use, flexibility, and the community are all great.

Cons:

WordPress can be difficult at times with tech updates

Ali
Founder in US
Computer Software, Self Employed

One of the Best CMS Out there

5.0 last week New

Pros:

Wordpress is open source and there a lot of plugins and 3rd parties that you can use to convert your site to anything.

Cons:

Some applications are not free, though it's open source.

Stéphanie
Communication officer in France
Arts & Crafts, 11–50 Employees

WordPress review

4.0 last month New

Pros:

The ease of use of the back office. Easy to learn, no need for coding skills

Cons:

Little flexibility on the creation of pages, even if many interesting theme exist

Damien
Damien
President - Lead Software Developer in US
Computer Software, Self Employed

Good software and easy content creation

4.0 6 days ago New

Pros:

I like that WordPress gets you up and running quickly developing content. It excels as a content management system for sure.

Cons:

I would like better Markdown support for content. This seems like an afterthought and doesn't work as well as a static site. But of course static sites have drawbacks as well.

Andrew
Andrew
Designer in US
Online Media, 2–10 Employees

Low cost, highly customizable, web solution for organizations of all sizes.

Comments: Overall, for my needs and my ability to solve problems using the internet as my resource, my experience with Wordpress has been outstanding and I would highly recommend this as a website building solution to organizations of any size. The customization is excellent and the value for the price is unmatched.

Pros:

Wordpress is an out-of-the-box blogging and website building platform which can be setup fully functional within minutes. More advanced users will enjoy the customization and flexibility the themes and plugins offer. For very little money you can create your own highly valuable website.

Cons:

Your mileage may vary in regard to technical support for web server issues, themes, plugins, and other modular aspects of Wordpress. If you are unfamiliar with building websites, server setup and maintenance, and Wordpress maintenance, you may want to select a managed service instead of doing it yourself.

Christopher
Christopher
President and Founder in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2–10 Employees

Very WordIMPRESSED..... horid cringe worthy pun for some Seriously Amazing Software!

Comments: I am using wordpress to create secure websites for a global audience for a non-profit organization I am hoping to launch within the following month or two. Being non profit, It is imperative that I keep costs as low as possible while ensuring the quality is as good as can bee.

Pros:

There are just so many options. If you know how to code and love those 0's and 1's then maybe something else might be better, but for lame layman like myself that is teaching himself how to webdesign, Wordpress platform has been a godsend. There truly seems to be an infinite number of plugins and themes available, and as it is open source there is little chance developers will be slowing down the momentum in releasing more.

Cons:

I think the only frustration was there being too many choices, which is not really the fault of the platform. I spent more time trying to ensure that I was purchasing the best possible addons, plugins, themes and hosting sites for wordpress specific pages and ended up with a library full of plugins ill never use.

Associate Director Digital Media in US
Education Management, 51–200 Employees

Easiest PHP CMS to publish and maintain content long term

Comments: I recommend this and have implemented Wordpress for many clients. It just works. If you can deal with Microsoft Word you can publish content with Wordpress.

Pros:

One of the best things about Wordpress is that it has never really required a migration. Updates are self contained and simple. I've never really encountered an issue that broke backwards compatibility with Wordpress core or core themes. 3rd party themes and plugins i have experienced issues with, but that I see as a different issue from core wordpress. This software is free, is used by some of the most popular website on the internet and has a very large community backing it. Easy to implement, many hosting providers have 1 click installations for ease of use. While other PHP based CMS like Drupal and Joomla are much more feature heavy, they have required a migration to go from one Major release to the next. This is a significant burden for companies with smaller IT staff and or budgets to work around. While there are clear lifecycles for those products on their respective webpages, I've had to manage migrations for clients that were unaware that their two year old website would need a significant upgrade due to end of life of that version of the product. This doesn't happen with Wordpress, no migrations, just updates. Major updates to the core are seamless. i have websites that I implemented in 2008 that are still up with minimal maintenance. That I think is the real power of Wordpress website. Longevity. Since the software is so widely used, there's ample tutorials on the web. It is the most simple of the big 3 PHP CMS to use and maintain in my opinion.

Cons:

For websites with multiple contributors, I do wish there was a bit more granularity in access control. Locking down access to certain functionality leaves a bit to be desired. But for a larger website with a need for granular access control, Drupal or PHP is probably a better solution. For a focused website with trusted contributors this is not really an issue.

Fernando Manoel
Fernando Manoel
CEO in Brazil
E-Learning, Self Employed

Web content building tool

Comments: I use several CMS to build websites, landing pages and e-commerce's. WordPress is without a doubt one of the best. It's easy to manage, and it has a regularly active community that helps web content developers solve day-to-day problems.

Pros:

WordPress is one of the best CMS tools out there today. With it, it's easy to create web pages, blogs and even e-commerce. Content Management is also a straightforward task, along with scheduling posts. By installing some plugins, you get the expansion of routine automation tools that make building, posting and managing content for the internet much easier.

Cons:

The tool is excellent, but there are some functions that we need to install plugins that I believe could be native to the basic installation, such as forms integrated with landing pages

Eugene
Project Manager in US
Food & Beverages, 2–10 Employees

Still the best CMS and Website Builder

Comments: overall, WordPress is a robust an excellent system that I highly recommend for small and medium sized businesses.

Pros:

using WordPress has allowed us to take website development, fully in-house without hiring programmers or outsourcing. What I like most about WordPress is the availability of thousands of templates, compatibility with hundreds of third-party, software, integrations, and the ability to create a professional e-commerce website without any prior coding experience.

Cons:

because there are so many features. Sometimes it is easy to get confused exactly where changes should be made and requires some digging around for the correct settings.

Lindsay
Operations Administrator in US
Media Production, 2–10 Employees

Integrates with Everything

Comments: We manage our company website through WordPress using an add-on that formats the template and widgets we need. We currently have a 1 page website for a clean and simple look. We have all of the pages we need: contact info, client endorsements, client logos, about us, etc. More complexly, we have a page where clients can upload audio files, and a portfolio section where people visiting our website can listen to the audio we've produced. It has served our needs quite well.

Pros:

This software is clean and mostly user friendly and the widget integration resources available make this software quite powerful. You don't have to know much (or anything) about the world of coding in order to set up and maintain a simple website using Wordpress. This makes web design customizations much easier to manipulate for those with no ability to write code. There are tons of built in templates to choose from and lots of integrations you can pull into Wordpress to create what you are looking for.

Cons:

Because there is so much in the widget and integrations space that works with Wordpress, this can get buggy. For example, we had an integration that was supposed to help monitor our site in case of an issue, and this feature instead caused our site to crash. Additionally, we use a template on top of Wordpress, so we have to be very careful not to edit from the main dashboard but only edit through that built on layer... otherwise, we risk loosing changes and making a mess of things. To use more than the basic platform, some knowledge is required. The options are endless, which means things can get complex quickly. Keeping it simple is best for those without much background in this space. Backing up your latest version of your website is always reassuring.

Dave
Dave
Recording Artist in Canada
Arts & Crafts, Self Employed

A great free option, but count the cost.

Comments: WordPress is a great option for someone who is comfortable getting into code a little bit, and managing a server set up. It allows a great balance of modern features and design with flexibility. It is very customizable through plugins. While there are services that offer a 'managed WordPress' that takes a lot of the hosting headaches out of the picture, I'd still recommend a more modern builder like Squarespace or even Wix to someone who knows little to nothing about web code (HTML and CSS). In short - a great piece of software with a huge support community for power users, but not the best for those who just want to put up a nice site and forget about maintenence.

Pros:

WordPress is so ubiquitous that it has become endlessly extensible through a HUGE ecosystem of plugins and themes. Chances are if you see something on a website and want it on your site, there is a plugin for that. Building themes from scratch is not only possible, but relatively simply for intermediate coders. Blogging features of WordPress are second to none. It takes a simple back-end that started with a bloggin focus and ports it to the entire website, making WordPress a great option for those who want to manage their own site, rather than pay a web developer to do it. And that price? You can run a free site (limited) on Wordpress.com or download and install the open-source software at no cost. Who doesn't like free?

Cons:

I used to run every site I built on WordPress. It is a great way to get a site up and running in no time, packed with features and functionality. I don't anymore, because of the headaches involved in hosting my own sites. WordPress is so popular that it became a magnet for hackers. I had sites go down and sites get infected. The WordPress team cares about this and security updates are relatively simple, but I had problems and when I did they were my responsibility to fix. The backend of WordPress can be a little confusing or unfamiliar because you don't edit your site "inline" or right on the page as you view it. You edit in a back-end, then hit save, then preview on the live site where your styles and theme elements are visible. This is clunky at a time when SquareSpace and the like have largely solved this.

Food Production, Self Employed

Why I think everyone should be using WordPress

Comments: For any any start up I would recommend using WordPress its easy to use and it grows with you.

Pros:

WordPress is 100% free!!!!!! I have been using WordPress for years ( i.e WordPress.com and WordPress.org) back when I was junior systems administrator and now that I'm self employed, and I will tell you its ridiculously easy to use. You don't need any specialized web development or programming skills to use it. Everything is almost plug and play. In fact if you can turn on a computer, If you and read and if you can click with a mouse, you can use WordPress. Its that simple and easy to use. WordPress is the platform most commerce sites/blogs are built on consequently when it comes to apps and support there is no lack of finding any. Even thought I said WordPress is free and it is. There are some cost associated with using the service or application. The cloud or online based service allows you to host you WordPress site for free or use one of their other offering for a fee. However there is the free application and easily downloadable software, for which the only cost associated is hosting and maybe the design of a theme if you don't want to use any of the free ones available all over the Internet. It doesn't matter what you need a site for whether blogging, personal or ecommerce, WordPress can do it. Your WordPress site will always look the same. It doesn't matter what operating system it being hosted or viewed from, whether its a mobile device or desktop, Its going to be the same and legibly too.

Cons:

The choices of themes and plugins can be very overwhelming especially to a newbie. The free cloud based version is limited re the use of plugins but you a good cadre of free plugins from Jetpack

Craig
Sr. Network Engineer in US
Management Consulting, 2–10 Employees

A great self-hosted blogging system to power your site

Comments: I have started using Wordpress about a year ago to power my website as I did not have time to design it via code and i also did not want to have to pay for a developer. I installed a Bitnami AMI on an Amazon EC2 micro instance, and it ran very well and surprised me with the response times. Once i started looking at themes I found tons of really nice, visually stunning, and pixel-perfect themes, that once coupled with a few plugins, let me build a site that I still can't believe "I" made, and updating is easier than writing this review, I am serious. After I got my site up and running, I had a friend that wanted to make a social media site, so by using WordPress, the BuddyPress plugin, a social oriented theme and a few more plugins, we had a site that I personally think was easier to use and better looking than facebook, with the same features as facebook,, and offered full integration with facebook, linked-in, google +, and a few other sites. We were even able to offer webmail through the site, making it a one stop portal. We did this with 0 prior programming experience, for free.

Pros:

It can be obtained and operated for 0 upfront and maintenance fees by using the AWS EC2 1 year trial, and is very easy to deploy onto a server, with images available to have you running with a few clicks. Wordpress is simple to use and administer, and amazingly powerful once you start looking into plugins, quite literally every idea you dream up has been put together with a plugin, you have the power to do so much with it. So, fast install, easy to use, VERY easy to administer and update, and extremely powerful.

Cons:

Out of the box, wordpress is a blog, and it has just a cheapish, free software/shareware type feel to and is just bland, but with a bit of effort, it can be awesome. I wish they would include an easy to use theme maker for it, or offer a built in yearly theme that is more website oriented than just blog oriented, considering how many people use wordpress to power full sites.

Information Services, 2–10 Employees

Great for fussy UI people and amateurs alike

Comments: WordPress is a large part of my business - developing it for clients with businesses. I have also worked on web platforms such as Wix, Squarespace, and Shopify. And the last 2 are pretty good! Once people have those kinds of sites up and running, however, I find them wanting customizations to their sites that are not possible on those platforms. Had they set up their sites using WordPress, it would have. Clearly, I enjoy working on WordPress sites a lot!

Pros:

The reason why I turned to WordPress expertise was because basically everyone else started to, too! The benefit of this is that people of all talents are creating all sorts of apps (called plugins) that have great functions and features for it. Same thing for the themes (that's the look of the site). There's nothing that can't be done with WordPress. Basic awesome websites. Amazing multi-functional enterprise-level websites. Even if you're not an expert, and don't have high demands for your website to ... build a rocket ship for you... you can still enjoy using it and getting your business or your artwork out to the people.

Cons:

Funny enough, the thing that makes it so great can also be a thorn in the side. Just because your WordPress site can do all these cool things such as connect people from your site to an autoreponder email list, or accept payments via Paypal easily, it does not also mean that removing other keystrokes/steps for other functions is as easy. So website owners who love their WordPress sites and want the sites to be even more efficient, to do more things automatically, often come across this tricky situation where 'customization' is required. And that means testing, time, and money. Sometimes significant amounts. Customization is open ended. The sky is the limit to what your website can do. But just because it offers a whole lot of cool features out of the box doesn't mean that adding to those features is easy. That's something I run into a lot with clients. The other thing is that the high level of free offerings of apps (again, called plugins) means your website will be able to do a bunch of cool things for free. But you have to be somewhat aware of your site on a regular basis to make sure that the plugins remain up to date and don't cause conflicts with other parts of the website. Regular maintenance does not have to be a big deal or cost at all. But if you don't do it, the costs can become huge when you have to clean something up.

Petrus
Petrus
Director of Strategic and New Development in South Africa
Computer Software, 51–200 Employees

Great place to start your own site

Comments: WordPress is a great place to start for people getting their feet wet in having their own website. It has lots of features and options and the support community and documentation out there is fast and well established. It might not be for everyone, but I would recommend anyone new to the scene to start here. They will learn so much, even if they decide to move to another platform later on. The upside is that once it's set up, you do not need to pay hosting fees to a 3'rd party company. So you can really build something wonderful with little or no money.

Pros:

A lot of support documentation and help available out there, as many people are using it. You can do it all for free, or on a shoe string budget, if you are patient enough, as there is a steep learning curve. No matter what you can think of, someone is probably doing it already with a WordPress site out there somewhere, so you just have to keep looking till you find the right info/help. Many hosting sites come WordPress 'ready' so you can have a fully installed site in seconds. A ton of plugins out there, and a lot of them are free... So you can ultimately get what you want/need provided you are willing to experiment, read and try a lot of them.

Cons:

A bad plugin can break the entire site, and then is not always a simple click to roll back. Sometimes plugins do not work together, and there is no easy way to determine root cause or how to resolve. It's well known, so hackers often find vulnerabilities. That being said, you can always install some security plugins, and go with a hosting site that offers WordPress security. While you do not need to know how to code, you're going to have to learn some stuff, like making site backups, fixing security vulnerabilities and speeding up the site load time. Fortunately there is a lot of good info out there to help with all of this.

Rollan Roi
self-employed in Philippines
Writing & Editing, Self Employed

wordpress review 2021

Comments: I can't just create a eCommerce website but also some big design website and it is prizie yet convenient.
it's a beautiful and handy website builder.

Pros:

1. Free – WordPress programming is allowed to download and utilize. All you need to pay for is an area name and web facilitating. 2. Opportunity and Possession – WIth WordPress, you have 100% responsibility for the site. Furthermore, you can pick your own web facilitating and move your website at whatever point you need. 3. Complete Customization – WordPress offers a huge number of free, delightfully planned WordPress topics. This implies you can alter the appearance of your site precisely to your necessities and inclinations. 4. Limitless Modules – WordPress likewise offers a huge number of modules, additional items, and expansions to add additional force and elements to your site. 5. Simple Reconciliation – On the grounds that WordPress is so well known, you can keep on utilizing your #1 devices with your WordPress site. Most instruments and applications coordinate effectively with WordPress, for example, email advertising devices, Client Relationship The executives programming, installment doors like PayPal, and considerably more. 6. Local area – One more advantage of the ubiquity of WordPress, is the local area. The WordPress people group is immense to the point that there's a huge load of discussions, instructional exercises, and sites on the web (like IsItWP) where you can learn all you require to about the product.

Cons:

1.No Immediate Help – While there are numerous assets online that will assist you with settling your WordPress issues, they don't offer any immediate help like email, telephone, or live talk support. 2. Slight Expectation to absorb information – WordPress is genuinely simple to utilize in general. Be that as it may, there is a slight expectation to learn and adapt to getting comfortable and familiar utilizing the product due to the absence of an intuitive manufacturer. Fortunately, you can utilize intuitive WordPress page developers to make it simpler. 3. Support and Security – When utilizing WordPress, you're liable for the upkeep and security of your site, while other web designers handle this for you. This implies you need to refresh WordPress consistently and use WordPress security modules to keep your site secure.

Katiuscia
Katiuscia
Web developer and web marketing specialist in Italy
Internet, Self Employed

WordPress is with merit the most used CMS in the world

Comments: I've been using WP for almost 10 years. At the beginning I tried other CMS to understand which one was the best to develop my clients' websites and shops. And at least in my experience, WP is by far the best CMS. In my years of work I have developed successful websites and shops with WP and easily created portals and multilingual marketplaces. I believe and appreciate this CMS so much that it is the only one I teach to my students (private or companies) when it comes to learning how to develop websites or shops.

Pros:

Before going into detail, I will summarize WP with terms such as ease, flexibility and quality. One fact: WP is now used by over 40% of all sites and has over 60% market share among open source CMS. WP allows you to easily develop all kinds of blogs, sites and shops. Although I recommend learning the basic CSS / HTML commands to be autonomous in the easiest customizations to the code, anyone can use it. Unlike other open source CMS I've tried to use, WP has a really clean code, it doesn't give problems over time and it's always constantly updated to maintain responsive layouts and provide updated graphical tools. Whatever you want to install on your site or in your e-commerce, you'll always find a plugin for it because WP has the largest Community of plugin developers in the world. And you'll always find a free or freemium plugin that you can use. An advice: if you develop for a company or for yourself but for professional purposes, don't rely only on free themes and plugins. Especially the theme: in my opinion and experience it's better to use a professional theme (for example, I've been using Divi for years because with Divi I can produce any kind of graphics).

Cons:

The only situation, in my opinion, on which you could expect an improvement, is related to the fact that when you install a lot of plugins, usually more than 20, the navigation in the backend of the site really slows down. That's also why, if you have to develop a site with many plugins in addition, I recommend you to buy hosting on a tier provider. I for example have been using DominiOk for years because of the server performance that I'm satisfied with and also for the support (they are very good, pro-active and fast in responding). A due clarification: what I have just described is a problem of all CMS! I took the liberty to note it because I'm sure the WP community will improve this aspect as well.

Prasath
Freelancer in Czechia
Writing & Editing, Self Employed

Wordpress - The world’s most popular content management system

Comments: WordPress has become one of the most popular platforms for website owners and bloggers. With over 54 million websites using WordPress, it’s easy to see why so many people prefer this platform. There are many reasons why WordPress is so popular and has become the go-to platform for so many -- it’s easy to use, it’s customizable, and it offers a lot of design and layout options.

Pros:

1. Wordpress has become the world’s most popular content management system by powering 28% of the web. WordPress is a free and open-source content management system that provides a platform for site and blog owners to create and manage their online presence. 2. Wordpress boasts over 26 million active websites and blogs worldwide, making it the most popular platform for small and medium-sized businesses to build a presence on the web. 3. It's easy to get started and powerful enough for large-scale blogging and digital publishing 4. It's one of the most popular choices among developers and designers because of its flexibility and customizability. Most users are amazed at how easy it is to create a professional-looking site using Wordpress. 5. WordPress also has an extremely active community behind it, which means you can ask questions and get answers from other users all the time. This makes WordPress a great choice for users who want to learn how to use it, or for users who want to make their website look exactly the way they want it to look.

Cons:

1. It’s also the most frequent target of cyber attacks, with over a billion Wordpress-based websites being hacked. 2.Due to a lot of Plugin support , sometimes, the website tends to suffer a bit while loading the content.

Retail, 2–10 Employees

The evelution of web site deployment

Comments: I've developed websites since before the internet was a thing. Started with text html, then Microsoft Frontpage, adobe's app, several sites you build on their domain, Joomla, now WordPress. Make sure you pick a "language" or tool you can take from one domain to another and a tool that will be around in ten years. Even Microsoft'S tool is gone.

Pros:

Plug-ins are plentiful, showing the test of time, software updates don't negate your previous experience

Cons:

First site will take some learning. Take the time before building or even messing around with this app to learn its lingo and their differences (page, blog, post, template, themes, menus, widgets...). They have nuances you need to understand.