15 years helping British businesses

About Bloomfire

Bloomfire Knowledge Management Software as a Partner Portal, bridges gaps for enhanced, secure collaboration and information flow.

Learn more about Bloomfire

Pros:

It transposes videos, provides full text search, allows for different groups to be created, user analysis so we know if we are getting our money's worth for the tool.

Cons:

It is difficult to find information in the Strut area.

Bloomfire ratings

4.3
4.4
4.2
4.2

8.4/10

Bloomfire has an overall rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars based on 254 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Bloomfire before?

Mary
Mary
Director, Market Research in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 51–200 Employees

Easy to use

Comments: Implementation was a dream. They had a team that helped us manage the project and uploaded all our content for us. As a small team, this was important.

Pros:

Cons:

I wish I could edit docs in the tool. But there are few cons that we have found at this point in time.

Anusha
Business Process Lead in India
Pharmaceuticals, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Happy with Bloomfire existing Functionalities

Comments: it's been a year with Bloomfire and the initial migration process was pretty smooth and we are enjoying using the platform.The 2 key things that can make the platform even better are, the bulk upload option and the deeper access restriction options.

Pros:

The search features and the capability to have the blogs/ articles created within it.The archival system and the version controls are the best ever features..

Cons:

having 2 links created for the same post when it is mapped under 2 groups.

Tony
Office Support Specialist II in US
Accounting, 5,001–10,000 Employees

I mean, if you really hate SharePoint

Comments: One of my company's top knowledge base articles is titled "How to Search in Bloomfire" - actually we don't call it Bloomfire we call it our own internal name to stay on-brand even internally. It describes how to perform a boolean search such that you filter out the detritus that it pulls up even if you search for an article's exact name.
Also, you can be part of different access groups within Bloomfire, which allows you to keep some entries company-wide and others restricted to management or tech support. If you want to post an article in multiple groups, it actually produces multiple links which do not reference one another. So if I have access to an article in Group A and it's also in Group B, and I send someone in Group B the link that shows up on my computer - they can't open it. The software isn't smart enough to go "Ah, yes. That's the same article as the one you have access to. Let me direct you there." It should just be one link with permissions attached to it - you can open it or not. Instead it's several links, permission-specific and therefore overly complicated. Also, if you try to link articles with hyperlinks as a wiki, you better be sure that everyone is using the same links.
We also have a moderation team to sort of make the final judgement on what gets posted. My company did not hire subject matter experts for this position, so those of us who want to submit an article have to let it go through a convoluted approval process. And what if my article gets approved, and I am the author, and I decide to change it? As far as I can tell, the change requests go to a black hole and it's been literally years and I'm the only one who can see my edits to my article. Again, I think some of these have less to do with the product and more to do with my experience with my company's implementation of the product, so hopefully it will give you an idea of what not to do.

Pros:

Bloomfire is one of the few systems that my company uses that has not yet had a massive outage. It seems like it's fairly customizable.

Cons:

I don't know if it's Bloomfire or my company's implementation of it, but searching for a knowledge base article is an absolute disaster.

Alexis
Sr. Manager of Operations, Associate Support in US
Consumer Services, 201–500 Employees

Bloomfire - Exceptional platform

Comments: Overall, we needed a knowledgebase that was better for our department. Our previous KB was a bit of a mess and very difficult to search or find any basic information. Bloomfire has been an amazing change! I would choose them everyday.

Pros:

Key aspects: searchability, how it looks, and organization features.

Cons:

I feel that the reports could be enhanced. We would like to pull data easily such as documenting if/when people are logging in. Right now the process is extremely manual (you have to look at each person individually). However, customer service has been wonderful in assisting us in this. Additionally, it would be amazing to update some of the formatting options. The bulleting in particular can be very finnicky.

Food & Beverages, 10,000+ Employees

Bloomfire is THE platform (and partner) for expanding the use of our data

Comments: Took our team to the next level. Love it.

Pros:

Easy to use - for uploading and downloading content

Cons:

Nothing really, but to get the most out of it you really need a plan for organizing the content. Their team helps with that, but it's not something you can just do and forget about - you need to constantly be thinking about how to maintain the content.

Bernhard
Business Coach in US
Management Consulting, Self Employed

Easy to use

Comments: We use it to house all of the information for a product that I license. We share information across the user base, add articles and find relevant information about using the tools that we license.

Pros:

Very clear navigation, you know where to find what you are looking for

Cons:

Sometimes I have a hard time finding older articles and get mixed up with new and old material when I am looking for a specific piece of informaiton

Megan
Megan
Chief Marketing Officer in US
Retail, 10,000+ Employees

Bloomfire - faster searches and better collaboration

Comments: Bloomfire makes it easy to Collaborate with other users on posts, streamlines processes, saving time on multiple projects. It has proven to be an invaluable resource for managing paperwork and staying up to date on implementations, making workflow easier and more efficient.

Pros:

I started using Bloomdire since last year, at first I was a bit skeptical, but I realized that it is one of those platforms that makes your work easier, especially when searching for information and making decisions, I really like the interface it is Easy to use and the search function is efficient, Bloomfire significantly simplifies the search for information in our marketing department. the platform enables quick access to the information you need with just a few clicks or searches, surpassing traditional web searches in speed and reliability.

Cons:

Bloomfire is a software with useful tools, but it is not easy to understand for new users, it needs to be more intuitive so that the learning process does not take a long time, another aspect that needs to be improved is to be more open to customization, so that Users can adapt them to their needs.

Alexandra
Training Coordinator in US
Food & Beverages, 1,001–5,000 Employees

An Essential Part of our Organization!

Comments: Bloomfire has been a HUGE part of our organization. Although we have been using it for years, this last year we have undergone our largest project within the organization and Bloomfire has been our savior. It has allowed us to have a central location with all knowledge/training pertaining to this Project and the launch would not have been successful without Bloomfire! We continue to expand our use and are excited for what else is to come!

Pros:

The ease of use and search capabilities! No more physical copies of manuals or parts list for us to dig through! Also, being able to have multiple communities to support other parts of the business.

Cons:

We weren't successful in connecting it to Salesforce but we found it wasn't necessary for our operations. Also, we are dying to have the Bulk Contribution feature. When we take on certain contracts, we have to upload 100s of documents one by one and it can be time consuming.

Ester
QA coach in US
Consumer Services, 201–500 Employees

it takes time to get used to learn how to search and find answers

Comments: maybe because english is my second language but it took me almost 6 months to get used to how to search things and find things on it.

Pros:

I love the main page and how you can change it to tailored it to our needs

Cons:

sometimes it is hard to remember where the answer is and the search button and the tags are just too much. you really need to remember some key words for the search

Dezeray
Concierge in US
Hospitality, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Venue access and details

Comments: I use it daily and appreciate the access to knowledge that it allows me to view and learn.

Pros:

I like how you can search any venue in your company and get the information of that venue; Contact information, age range allowed, hours of operation, detailed descriptions and photos of venue, cuisine types, dietary restriction accommodations, ect...

Cons:

Some venues are missing contact info or hours of operation, etc... (details listed above.)

Paige
Chief Learning Officer in US
Executive Office, 51–200 Employees

Sharing Knowledge On Demand

Comments: Chief Outsiders uses Bloomfire to ensure our fractional Chief Marketing Officers and Chief Sales Officers can gain knowledge from each other as rapidly and easily as possible. Our clients get the best outcomes from us when we leverage the power of our Tribe of seasoned marketing and sales professionals, and Bloomfire makes it easy to collaborate and learn from each other - at the moment when a client situation calls for it. As a result, we can get the information we need to do a great job for a client on demand, as needed. The Bloomfire search function is essential to that expeditious learning process.

Pros:

Bloomfire’s search functionality works infinitely better than the folder/file structure of alternatives. Search does not require an understanding of the filing structure, so all users can benefit without the need for training on filing nomenclature and structure. Bloomfire makes it easier for our 110+ fractional Chief Marketing Officers and Chief Sales Officers to learn from each other as a result.

Cons:

I would love to see an integration between Bloomfire and Dropbox so that documents in Dropbox could be read by the Bloomfire engine without actually having to be moved into the Bloomfire database.

Pippa
Knowledge and Training Coordinator in UK
Apparel & Fashion, 10,000+ Employees

User friendly, effective and adaptable!

Pros:

Bloomfire is exceptionally user friendly both for end users and back end admins. It is so easy to customise the platform, add your own content, manage users and maintain an archive of information. The Bloomfire team are always a joy to work with and offer quick, effective support.

Cons:

Some aspects can feel overly manual at times - for example we often have end users searching for content using phrases we hadn't anticipated or possibly typos. As such, the word/phrase is not connected to the post and they do not find what they are searching for. It would be great for this search to connect phrases together a little more extensively.

Alyse
US

Great Platform, Increases Engagement and Excellent Support

Comments: We use Bloomfire as an integrated component of another system. We have seen a great level of engagement and use. Integration went smoothly, including single sign on. We're using a host of groups, some of them private and it's worked out really well. Bloomfire has even fast tracked some of our more important feature requests. There are still a few kinks to be worked out with the UX and users get confused in certain cases but overall it is simple to use and one of the best platforms we've seen when exploring the landscape of available products. Would recommend.

Pros:

Very simple and easy to use, low learning curve. Support is great and very responsive. Platform integrates easily with other platforms for whitelabling purposes.

Cons:

User interface can be improved in certain cases. Users are often confused as to what groups they are posting to.

Carmene
Knowledge Management Content Strategist in US
Financial Services, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Customized Customer Care

Comments: This software has grown with changes and adjustments we have to make along the way. The team we have at Bloomfire supporting our requests and walking us through what's up and coming has been nothing short of stellar. Sure we've had some glitches, but if they get wind of them they're right on it and ensuring that the adjustment is everything we were hoping. Otherwise, they're back to the drawing board to make it happen, in due time.

Pros:

Bloomfire has meet every request we've asked of them. The evolution of customization they have offered us is truly above and beyond, especially during these times. Things just get better and better with time.

Cons:

I think there's been some frustrations in wanting it to be an exact or close replica of what more popular search engines are within our Enterprise. It's wishful thinking, right? No. The reality is when you voice your wishes to Bloomfire they come so close you honestly wonder do they sleep?

4 years ago

Thanks for your review, Carmene! SSFCU has been a great partner and we look forward to continuing to work together.

Jane
Tax Preparer III in US
Accounting, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Tax Service

Comments: I've been with JH since the onset of the portal. First season was hopeless. Second season was better, but not enough info was there. Now, lots of info, but can't find it in a timely manner.

Pros:

This has a lot of potential as an info and help station for our tax preparers. It is much improved from previous years in terms of content.

Cons:

The search engine leaves a lot to be desired. There is a very generous amount of info on the portal now, but trying to find specific items is tough. Perhaps a category list might be helpful so if we are looking for tax info, policy, software, job aids, marketing, etc there would be a starting place. Titles of the entries do not help to find specifics and one can spend hours looking for info when we have a client sitting in front of us and we only have minutes to come with a solution.

david
business analyst in US
Hospital & Health Care, 11–50 Employees

Good knowledge base tool

Comments: We found implementation very straightforward. We converted a trial account into a live account after about a month of experimentation. After publishing some internal standards for publishing we then started uploading documents from directory drives which made them searchable and much easier for our non-technical staff to locate.

Pros:

Ease of use for end users searching for documents and for "Authors" to upload their documents.

Cons:

A bit of version control on the published documents would be nice.

7 years ago

David, great to hear you found the implementation easy and straightforward. We recently released a versioning feature, feel free to connect with us at [email protected] and we'd love to show you.

Reg’l. VP in US
Wholesale, 201–500 Employees

Positive review

Pros:

Bloomfire allows our teams to mine the collective knowledge of the entire company.

Cons:

Overall pretty good tho’ I’m not real good at using the search function.

4 years ago

Thanks for your review, David! We're glad to hear you've had a positive experience using Bloomfire to access your company's collective knowledge. In terms of using the search function, you may find this article in our Help Center useful for improving your search results: https://help.bloomfire.com/posts/3474874-factors-that-affect-search-results

Karl
Director of Playout and Delivery in UK
Broadcast Media, 201–500 Employees

Director of Playout and Delivery

Comments: We selected Bloomfire from the many knowledge management systems out there for ease of use, low administration overhead and web-based access. Over the 3 years, we have been using it we have moved from minimal adoption to wholesale adoption by our sales, systems architecture and customer service teams, safe in the knowledge that we made the right choice.

Pros:

Ease of posting, searchability, low admin overhead.

Cons:

sometimes it can be hard to remove and modify users, not a massive problem but I had to say something!

Carlos
Carlos
Director Kandy CPaaS/UC Solutions Marketing in US
Telecommunications, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Great way to socialized sales content and news

Comments: It allowed us to have a searchable content repository of sales collateral and training as well as an announcement board for news and market research.

Pros:

The "timeline view" for latest content and news. It allows sales to have a quick refresh of the latest developments in the business.

Cons:

The search engine could use some optimization and has no easy tools to build product taxonomies which limits a bit its adoption as a sales enablement tool

Ashley
US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11–50 Employees

Love this software

Comments: We use this software daily to organize our content, as well as to communicate any new program or product additions/changes to our our franchisees.

Pros:

The organization of being able to group items into series. It's so easy to maneuver and find things, based off the tag and search feature.

Cons:

we are trying to franchise another company, and its in the early stages of development. Since we don't have any franchisees yet, the price is too much to invest in this software. So it would be great if smaller packages were available for companies such as this.

Richard
Client Advocate in US
Marketing & Advertising, 51–200 Employees

Bloomfire Review

Comments: I have had some good and bad experience with this product, my company uses it for our clients and most of the are tech savvy so its pretty easy to use for them. The only negative impact was when we merged 2 different sites into one, all of the old outdated articles appeared at the top of the lists and buried all new relevant articles.

Pros:

Ease of use Great for small community

Cons:

Some glitches Support could be better

Jennifer
Project Manager in US
Telecommunications, 11–50 Employees

My daily go-to resource

Comments: I use Bloomfire every day. I keep training documents, desk level procedures and the forms our office uses in Bloomfire. It is a very easy software to use, and it fosters collaboration between our different teams.

Pros:

Easy to load documents, pictures, videos or whatever we need to reference.

Cons:

Sometimes the posts have trouble saving & we have to retrieve them and post again.

Paul
Director of Integration Services in US
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

Bloomfire fit our needs exactly!

Comments: We were looking for an internal and external knowledge base and wanted to be able to write one post but control where it would be seen. Adding rich content, like videos, and pre-written documents was just what we needed. After we had a rich library of content, we were able to make use of series and direct our clients to information by simply including a link in our correspondence. Discoverability was also important so that our clients could find relevant information quickly. Transcribing videos and the ability to search within attached documents is very powerful for those needs.

Pros:

indexing and organizing lots of information

Cons:

navigation seems to be one size fits all. It would be nice to see an web interface for desktop browsers so that things don't have to be so blocky.

Henry
VP Marketing in US
Retail, 51–200 Employees

Good Platform for mixed media content and for organizing data

Comments: We use Bloomfire as our team knowledge base and onboarding tool. We like how easy it is to organize different media (text, links to online articles, uploaded files, audio files, image files, video files, etc) into distinct groups for easy retrieval. Very easy ramp-up with the team. The interface and tool set are very straightforward. Would receive a 5-Star review if group editing functions were better structured.

Pros:

Ease of use Flexible support of various media Quick onboard of tool with team

Cons:

Clunky group editing of documents

kevin
ccos team lead in US
Financial Services, 1,001–5,000 Employees

trust in bloomfire

Comments: my experience with bloomfire has met my expectations

Pros:

it is easy to use and user friendly and have no complaints

Cons:

i have not had any complaints with using bloomfire it has met my expectations