Our perfect subscription manager

Nuno L.
CEO, Co-Founder
Computer & Network Security, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: We rely on Chargebee to manage subscriptions to our product. It's easy to use and to be integrated, and offers many features such as invoicing, TAX calculator based on location, several plans, offline payments, etc. Customer Support is great and they always hear what you say. Besides managing your subscriptions, it does something very important. By using their payment form on your website, you can easily integrate with several payment processors. This is especially important if you have payments that have been rejected by one processor and you can send them to another processor. It also reduces the dependency on one single processor.

Cons: The only thing that comes to mind is that the invoices it produces are not legal in some countries. For instance, in my country, invoicing software needs to be certified and to produce a SAF-T file with all invoices, that we need to submit to tax authorities. Since Chargebee doesn't do any of that, I need to have a separate invoicing platform.

Basically, perfect in all aspects

Reviewed on 24/01/2019
Max S.
Director, Customer Success
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: We're ourselves are SaaS product, and use Chargebee as a backend for our payments and billing. We extensively use addons and various combinations of subscription plans. I couldn't name another product that I would be that happy with as I am with Chargebee.

Pros: - Perfect UX/UI: all the filters, mass operations, detailed settings are available just as I need them, never think a second where to find a function I need
- Great API & integration support
- Very powerful analytics (especially with RevenueStory)
- Awesome support
- A very, very carefully and thoughtfully planned interface with a deep understanding of the user.

Cons: I faced literally two issues through the course of 6 years using Chargebee in production.

Grossly incompentant

Reviewed on 21/07/2019
Ryan H.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: If I could do things over again I would have selected a similar provider even if I was forced to pay several hundred dollars per month it would have obviously been worth it. Now I have to make the decision of whether I want to potentially lose over half my subscribers again like the last time I switched billing systems (to Chargebee) or accept that I'm locked in for life.

Pros: Easy to set up and has a good API. Support is good and fast response so long as the issues are simple and don't involve anything technical.

Cons: The backend system is grossly unoptimized to the point many of my customers cannot be billed anymore. I was not informed of these issues when signing up and was promised that the system would be able to handle my very specific usecase. It clearly can't despite me giving them actual numbers. I've already lost over $6000 in charges I can't add to my customers' invoices and a few thousand dollars in invoices that can't be generated. For the past two months I've been unable to add charges for any of my customers and keep getting the runaround by different support agents as to what the cause is. First I was told I was violating a 150 API calls per minute limit despite the fact that not a single call had gone through successfully in the entire time period they were citing but also I'm skeptical of because each API call I make to their service takes between 2 and 10 seconds to complete. Now I'm told I need to batch things weekly because adding charges to my customers is too taxing on their CPUs. Billing line items should scale linearly but it is clear from how quickly their API bogs down that it scales exponentially for them at best and likely even worse. I never had this problem with my previous provider and they aren't even a billing or invoicing company.

easy subscription management software

Reviewed on 19/01/2018
Alister R.
Director of Product Innovation
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: managing payments on saas product. using for invoicing and planning

Pros: nice options available to flexible pricing options for SaaS. complete suite to manage invoicing and recurring payment. The test site for training prior to using is also very useful. We are able to use it really well due to this feature and we can train new employees on the product as well.

Cons: payment gateway integration can be a little more seamless they always encourage stripe, but a lot of spurious txns get generated on that platform.

Hey Alister,

Thank you for your review :) We¿re happy that you find our product features useful.

Regarding your feedback on payment gateways, we are constantly working towards a more seamless integration.

Apart from Stripe we do integrate with several other payment gateways and Payment methods, please take a look at it and let us know if you are interested in any of these ( you can reach out to [email protected]) . We will definitely help you with the set-up process.

It's a useful application if you have the significant large volume of customers for Invoicing

Reviewed on 14/06/2018
Assistant Manager Finance Account
Education Management, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Saving lots of time in Invoicing to the customer.

Pros: The application is Subscription enabled. So if the monthly billing amount is same then the subscription will create Invoices every month automatically without manual involvement.

Cons: Sometimes due to system error invoices get created and get paid, which is not in order. I cannot bill single customer from to supplier.

Hi there,

Thank you for your review :) We¿re glad that you find our product useful.

Regarding invoicing due to system errors, I would like to understand more on this. Could you please send me your email address so we get in touch with you on this?

Reliable recurring billing platform

Reviewed on 13/09/2018
Peter S.
Head of Finance & Analytics
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: Chargebee is a very effective platform for recurring billings. It allows you to create plans, addons, coupons, and invoice reliably time and again.

Cons: Complex billing situations, such as sending a customer a single invoice for several subscriptions, are a bit more complex and require a lot of meddling with the system.

Hi Peter,

We do have a feature called Consolidated Invoicing that provides the functionality to consolidate and send out a single invoice for multiple subscriptions of a customer. We will send out a detailed email to you on this feature at the earliest.

Recurring subscriptions made easy

Reviewed on 13/11/2016
Samir S.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: A fantastic tool which makes it really easy to handle all your subscriptions in one place.
Integrate it with the API and you can quickly start charging your customers on any period that you want. With smart and simple integrations to payment gateways you will see money on your account directly and you don't need to handle the credit card information.
New product and coupons is simply added and managed in the interface.
Looking forward to explore the tool even more.

Pros: Easy to use
Simple setup
Great support

Cons: Missing the possibility to be able to add multiple invoice rovs to an invoice.

Powerful product, 1 stop shop for subscription management

Reviewed on 12/12/2017
Jake F.
CMO
Food & Beverages, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: We rely on Chargebee for the recurring element of our business. It is incredibly flexible in the types of subscriptions you can create, and how you want to manage them. Every single element of every customer's subscription is customizable.

Hey Jake,

Thank you so much for taking your time out to review us.

We¿re constantly working hard towards improving our customer experience and reviews like these

We work hard to meet customers¿ expectations and we are happy to know that we hit the mark for you :)

Billing Software For All

Reviewed on 06/12/2018
Kenya Business Lead
Internet, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Chargebee enables is to efficiently bill clients and keep updated records of all customer billing information. The system also enables us to remind clients on outstanding payments. Its integration with our CRM enables us to help keep a centralized platform for custom relations.

Pros: The seamless integrations is enables as well as the automation that come with it.

Cons: The UI can be a bit dragging and makes it difficult for one to stick on the software.

Really ease the pain of implementing payment processing

Reviewed on 13/02/2019
Razvan G.
Founder & CEO
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: Really ease the pain of implementing payment processing. I have tried implementing Braintree without Chargebee and it was a nightmare.

Cons: I have nothing to complain. They are improving all the time and doing its job.

Wish it were a bit easier

Reviewed on 02/02/2018
Sally M.
Entrepreneur
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: I LOVE that you get to start for free while you're getting set up and building your business. That option is very valuable to me and the clients I work with. That is probably the #1 reason my clients have chosen the platform in the past.

Cons: There's so much to set up and sort out, and while it's nice that they reach out to hop on a call and give support (they reach out too much, actually), I'd rather have tutorials or even just a clearer sense of what to take care of first, what comes next, and on and on.
It also surprises me at times how seemingly simple things are not handled simply. For instance, you should be able to send invoices without a client's credit card, or set up multiple payment plans within the same product.

Hi Sally,

Thank you for taking time out to review us :) I¿m happy that you find our test environment valuable and useful.

Regarding your feedback on set up, we will surely take this into consideration and work on a much more easier and quicker way to help set up the Chargebee account. Should you have any queries, please reach out to me or our support team and we will do our best to resolve them.

Payments simplified

Reviewed on 06/09/2016
Vivek K.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: We have been using Chargebee for over 6 months now and the experience has been nothing but great. The setup and onboarding is amazingly simple. From a developer point of view, integration process has been clearly chalked out and documentation is crisp and to the point. The pricing plan itself is very encouraging. 50K dollars are processed without any cost.

Pros: - Pricing plan
- Integration and Documentation
- Ability to setup coupons
- Direct integration with affiliate systems

Cons: Setting up payments in multiple currency requires a bit of a workaround but again its sorted out.

Simply Awesome Subscription Billing that JUST WORKS!

Reviewed on 28/10/2015
Valentin M.
Marketing/Manager/Owner
Customer Support

Comments: I''ve been relying on Chargebee to handle all subscription needs for my online wordpress maintenance service for the last 3 years. They always went above and beyond my expectations in helping me with anything I asked of them. I have never once encountered a problem due to their service! I love their team. I respect their leadership. I highly recommend you check them out!

Pros: Fast and easy setup, Intuitive UI, Rich features, Flexible, Stable, Great support

Cons: None! Never had an issue.

Excellent product!

Reviewed on 16/08/2016
Patrick B.
Cofounder and CEO
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Chargebee is excellent for subscription businesses who need to manage their payments and invoices. I would strongly recommend trying it out. It's extremely easy to use. Should you run into any issues, their support team is amazing and very responsive.

Pros: Extremely easy to get set up and start taking payments.

Cons: A Xero integration would be useful, which they have built and are currently testing.

Perfect for Non-tangable service based businesses

Reviewed on 06/12/2016
Jon C.
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Found Chargebee after switching to braintree payments for my credit card processing needs. Super simple setup, and easy to create products and customer subscriptions. Hosted payment pages make collecting payment securely a breeze.

Pros: Inexpensive payment portal and customer database solution

Cons: n/a

It's an Okay Product

Reviewed on 16/08/2018
Jacob P.
Retail, Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Their customer support team was always slow on getting back to People and they never wanted to just provide you the answers you need, They always wanted to schedule a call back

Pros: That I could start subscriptions for my customers and also invoice them with their profile(accounts).

Cons: It stinks as I could not have a hosted payment portal for my customers to make payments and manage their accounts. Their software is heavily into coding and having the coding experience. It's definitely something not worth my money

Chargebee Review

Reviewed on 18/04/2019
Product & Operations Manager
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: We were looking at a few options for recurring billing and happy that we chose Chargebee. It does the work for us and we are focusing on more important tasks.

Pros: Great tool for automated recurring billing. My team was up to speed fast and didn't face any issues. Intuitive.

Cons: Not enough filters option to sort the base of users. Matters especially if you want to export lists.

Good product, easy to setup

Reviewed on 16/03/2019
Cofounder
Human Resources, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: This product allows us to offload some of the product configuration and pricing build that we would have had to do and business users can now configure new product / feature combinations.

Cons: There are still features I wish existed such as more customization on how the pages look in the shopping cart experience.

Chargebee is the way to go for all your recurring payment needs

Reviewed on 09/10/2018
Harsha H.
Product
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: The setup was smooth and did not take a lot of time. It integrates well with stripe and complements its feature sets.

Cons: Not a lot that i hate about Chargebee per se but i think integrating with accounting software even on the Go plan would have made it even better.

Great service for managing your subscriptions

Reviewed on 31/07/2019
Co Founder
Internet, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Chargebee makes subscription management non-brainer.

Pros: Chargebee offers a powerful API to help with managing subscriptions, plans and customers

Cons: The v3 of the customer portal doesn't support all features of v2. Hope that will change

Helpful tool to have

Reviewed on 08/12/2016
Philip T.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Fast update of clients who have paid for their software subscription. Ease of use and handy search function.