• Overall
    4.2/5
    4.2/5
    4.4/5

About MangoApps

MangoApps is an Integrated suite of workplace apps like Intranet, workspaces, filesharing, messaging, training, recognition and more.

Learn more about MangoApps

Femi B.
Lead Graphic Designer & UI/Ux Designer.
13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/03/2018

"MangoApps has really helped in managing projects for me and my team especially"

Comments: File management and thread management, it's a great app for sharing and keeping up to date with products and ideas.

Pros: it has a lot of features especially the part of creating threads, wikis, versions of documents, image, and video previews, mentions and tags, group management, chatting functionality and badges too it's really a great application.

Cons: I didn't like the fact that MA doesn't allow video calls and also connections to some external tools and apps for productivity

by MangoApps on 20/12/2018

Femi, thank you for your review, feedback and willingness to recommend MangoApps. Please let us know if you are still finding that there are feature gaps or lack of connectivity with external tools. We've grown a lot just this year alone, and I hope if we haven't already addressed your extended needs, that we are sure to note them for our product roadmap. Thank you again!

Ryhlen S.
Server Administrator
Telecommunications, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/07/2020

"MangoApps great intranet / project tool"

Comments: Great support and they reach out quickly with answers or help resolve any issues in a timely manner.

Pros: I like the chat that is built in. I also like how customizable the site can be. Multiple integrations with tools we already use.

Cons: The active directory integration alot of other cloud products have a tool we can install on server but this we have to open up a connection to public internet so that mangoapps can pull the sync data from the server

by MangoApps on 08/07/2020

Hi Ryhlen, thank you so much for taking the time to review MangoApps! We're glad to see it fits well into your workflow and become the obvious choice over SharePoint. We look forward to serving you for many years to come!

• Reviewed on 01/07/2020
Program Manager
  • Reviewed on 20/03/2018

"It has been an engaging tool - allowing for easy interaction within the team and entire agency"

Pros: - It allows for all the staff to know what is going on at the same time, everyone gets the same info
- Easily able to share resources and updates
- Great way to invite people to events and keep everything organized
- private message feature allows for seamless communication
- project and team groups are great for coordinating with many people
- Intranet is great for HR use and agency wide updates
- Love that it is connected to LinkedIn
- Fun and easy to use like Facebook
- Easy to compose posts

Cons: - I find that the mobile app is not as user friendly
- Even after years of use, cannot really understand the purpose of primary and secondary interactions... don't understand the purpose of separating them

by MangoApps on 20/12/2018

Thank you for taking the time to review MangoApps! We appreciate your feedback. I will be sure to pass your feedback along. Cheers!

Christton D.
Security Patch Developer
Internet, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/04/2020

"MangoApps: A Great Team Collaboration Tool!"

Comments: The best project managing apps that are so easy to use and learn especially for beginners. The interface looks dated when taking into account design trends but is easy to look at. Some actions like navigating from a section to another could be better, but it's practical and does the job. A UI refreshing would be much appreciated, it would make MangoApps perfect.

Pros: Easy to learn especially for beginners, it does the job and is a very good tool for team collaboration

Cons: The user interface mango looks a bit dated and navigation between the apps really needs to to improved

by MangoApps on 06/06/2020

Hi Christton, thank you for reviewing MangoApps! We are glad to see that it fits well into your workflow and appreciate your feedback on where we can improve on our UI. Please feel free to reach out if you have specific suggestions- we always weigh customer feedback the most heavily. Thanks again!

• Reviewed on 11/04/2020
Kevin S.
Schools-Community Relations Coordinator
Education Management, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/11/2018

"TinyTake Saves Me Tons Of Time"

Pros: I use TinyTake for a versatile snipping tool that allows me to quickly and easily capture any region and place it where I need it, or into a file for later. The screen recording tool (up to 5 minutes per clip on my free use app) has been a tremendous boost for creating training and informational videos at work.

Cons: The touch-up tools for editing a screenshot are not strong. Maybe that's expected as this is FREE, and I can drop the snipped region into any program in seconds. But there are times I would like to do that work native in TinyTake, and since the option is there, I include that in my rating.

by MangoApps on 15/12/2018

Thank you for your feedback Kevin! I'm glad to see that TinyTake has been a versatile tool that saves you time, that is exactly what we've set out to accomplish. I will also be sure to pass along your feedback regarding the touch-up and annotation tools. Thanks again!

• Reviewed on 02/11/2018
Tyressa J.
Education Manager
Education Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/07/2020

"MangoApps user advocate"

Comments: My experience with MangoApps has been excellent. I have enjoyed connecting through this software to the platforms that I need to communicate with professionals all over the world. I enjoy being able to store and save documents and files and archived them in the event I want to use them later. I appreciate the notifications and know that I can change them as I desire. I will continue using MangoApps and advocating for its continued use to access the platforms I need. Thank you
From a very supportive and satisfied user!

Pros: I love that MangoApps is free, easily accessible. user friendly, upload from the computer is fast, having the opportunity to connect with others across various states is one of my most favorite benefits, and knowing that no matter who I speak with has a similar priority as mine, how do we meet the needs of those we serve.

Cons: I do not have any cons about MangoApps. I think it is easy to sign up and sign in and you can connect with how many people you want to and you can come and go within communities or work groups.

by MangoApps on 03/08/2020

Tyressa, thanks for reviewing MangoApps and being our strong advocate! We're happy to have you as a user and glad to see it fitting in your workflow. Your feedback has been shared with our team, thank you again!

• Reviewed on 09/07/2020
Wareh O.
Software Engineer
13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/03/2018

"My experience has been nice. I've used MangoApps before now and its a great means of communication."

Comments: Mangoapps made my onboarding easy.
I find it easy to assign tasks to team members.
The wiki functionality is very useful because it gives our developers a pool of information the can always refer to as well as update if need be.

Pros: The existence of groups.
Ability to create wikis for developers to study.
The mention notification
Badges - its fun
Great place for proper onboarding of new employees.

Cons: I'd prefer if I could view content of any group but the extra functionality will be not to be able to post comments. I always have to make requests to join a group where I need to access specific information.

by MangoApps on 20/12/2018

Thank you for your review Wareh! It means a lot to us that you've taken the time to provide feedback. I'm glad to hear that we've made onboarding easy for you and your business. Cheers!

Tanya L.
Education Management, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/07/2020

"MangoApps Review"

Pros: This software can be used by logging into a desktop and also as an app. This feature is flexible for those that need info on the go. I am set up for notifications based on topics I am interested in and able to only see what is of interest to me.

Cons: Initially I felt that learning how to use this software was challenging, but once I got the hang of it, it became easier. I am able to navigate through the functions and access information that I need.

by MangoApps on 03/08/2020

Tanya, thanks for reviewing MangoApps! We're happy to have you as a user and glad to see it fitting in your workflow. Your feedback has been shared with our team and we will continue to make it easier to learn and navigate. Thank you again!

• Reviewed on 08/07/2020
Internet Marketer
  • Reviewed on 13/07/2020

"MangoApps Review"

Comments: OVerall I have had a great experience using MangoApps, and I use it almost daily.

Pros: Overall MangoApps is a great tool that I use daily and enjoy the chat feature most and mobile usability.

Cons: I think the only thing that I do not like is that occasionally the mobile app fails to work.

by MangoApps on 03/08/2020

Thanks for reviewing MangoApps! We're happy to have you as a user and glad to see it fitting in your workflow. Your feedback has been shared with our team specifically pertaining to your issues with the mobile app, thank you again!

• Reviewed on 13/07/2020
Director of Business Development
Construction, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/05/2020

"Great Software Program for Creating Internal Virtual Teams"

Comments: The software helps create an efficient environment for working on internal team projects.

Pros: The software allows you the ability to create virtual team boardrooms where you can collaborate, instant chat and share project ideas with co-workers. Teams can be set up easily by selecting coworkers from an internal company directory. You can also restrict access to who can enter the virtual team boardroom so that information remains protected.

Cons: The biggest negative aspect of this software is that you cannot conduct meetings with more than one person. Accordingly, if you have a team meeting or need to conduct a meeting with more than one client, then you need to use another program such as Zoom or Microsoft Teams.

by MangoApps on 06/06/2020

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to review us! We appreciate your business and are glad to see that MangoApps fits well into your workflow. The capability is actually being increased to a total of 8 users in a meeting (including host) in the upcoming release. See here: https://www.mangoapps.com/releases/guide/messenger-clients-file-sync-tinytake-enhancements/

• Reviewed on 26/05/2020
James A.
Information Technology Analyst
  • Reviewed on 19/11/2018

"Mangoapps review"

Comments: We have found that MangoApps allows us to attach and share documents that need to be viewed by an entire department in one location. If they belong to the specific group or department, they have the ability to go in and edit documents and save it a a new revision. This feature help when we need to have documents that others outside the group cannot see. We also have the Intranet page that allows us to post content that everyone in the entire company can view. We post a variety of content like thank you letters from customers, employee wedding photos, baby photos, etc. This allows everyone to go to one location.

Pros: I really like the ability to create different groups and departments. This being a business specific application, it is very important to be able to break out content that is specific for each group or department. This allows users to not be overwhelmed with content that does not pertain to them. I have been using this software for a few years now and I can honestly say that it has evolved over the years they have spent a significant amount of time making changes to better suit the end user.

Cons: I feel that updates are pushed out to the web and client with hardly any warning. This makes it diffficult if we have instructions created on how to navigate to a specific area in Mango and then they make changes to the location.

by MangoApps on 15/12/2018

Thank you for your review James! We love to hear from our customers, and i'm happy hear the various areas in which MangoApps is meeting the needs of your business. I'm glad you recognize the evolution, please stick around and we'll continue to make this a better tool for all customers new and old. It is an honor to earn your business again and again.

In regards to the improvements that you are looking for when we make updates.. I will be sure to pass that feedback on to the right groups- I take that feedback very seriously and appreciate your concern. Thank you again!

• Reviewed on 19/11/2018
Bruce B.
  • Reviewed on 20/03/2018

"One of the better intranet/portal offerings available. Very powerful."

Comments: Ability to spin up mini sites for teams and groups to help them collaborate effectively and quickly. The product is able to support many users, all with different needs and styles, and still be managed by one central team/admin. We could potentially have used lesser products that were cheaper, but they all hit the wall at some point, with some missing feature or capability. We have yet to find a hole in what MangoApps offers that truly caused a problem. In addition, they update the product frequently, and introduce new tools and features all the time.

Pros: While there are a host of similar SaaS offerings in this space, they all seem to fall short in one area or the next. Some capabilities are missing, the feature set is not complete, it has reduced/limited functionality, etc. MangoApps is one of the few that has a refreshingly wide breadth of features and capabilities, combined with admin options for customizing and branding to your needs. When considering a collaborative tool like this, it can only be helpful to you if it has the ability to support all of your needs. MangoApps has that. Projects, Departments, Teams and Groups allow you to tailor the site to your organizational structure. Within each of those, there are tools for managing documents, group sharing/collaborating, managing tasks, calendaring, creating informational and blog pages, social interactions (feeds of discussions, etc), as well as a wide variety of pseudo database-like "trackers" for action items, defect tracking, managing resources, ideas, and so on. And if the stock trackers aren't enough, you can create your own and reuse them. The admin features are powerful and granular, meaning you can control almost every aspect of your site, including visibility, access, branding, configuration and more. User membership is also granular, and includes guest accounts which don't count against per-user limits. Our main reason for choosing MangoApps was because it was capable of satisfying every box we had on our list. The others fell short. Highly recommended!

Cons: Along with awesome features, can come some confusion. MangoApps has evolved and improved on a very regular schedule, which means new features and capabilities are added all the time. Unless you stay on top of the changes, you may get lost in the many admin pages provided. The good aspect of that is that they are constantly improving (unlike some others that haven't changed in years) and growing the product, but it does mean you need to pay attention. And browsing through all of the admin configuration settings can take a fair amount of time; there are many settings. In some respects, it would be nice if they offered a quick "Wizard" setup tool for new customers to get a basic site up and running. Our site is fairly well set after several years, but new users might feel daunted by the options facing them at the start. The per-user pricing can get expensive, depending on how you use it. There is a trade off between the power of the tool versus what it would cost you to develop your own site/portal/intranet yourself. In that regard, the ROI analysis is probably something you'll need to perform for your organization, but it's worth the time to do so, and unless your needs are very basic, you'd be hard pressed to match what they offer . If you can work with the guest users concept (somewhat limiting, depending on needs), then costs come down. If you ARE looking only for a basic portal, then this may not be the cheapest tool for you. Their sweet spot is in terms of productivity.

by MangoApps on 20/12/2018

Bruce, thank you for taking the time to provide us with such an in-depth review. I am glad to know that MangoApps has been a great solution for your business, and you are able to make good use of its power. Regarding the your criticism/cons, I understand your frustrations around product updates and staying up to speed. I have passed this feedback along, and I know we are looking for ways to better manage that experience. Thank you again, cheers!

Jill T.
Business Application Developer
  • Reviewed on 26/10/2018

"MangoApps Review"

Comments: We've used since 2013 I believe, it's been a great collaboration tool and useful to get things out of email and store shareable (thats the key) data in one place. I like it!

Pros: Easy collaboration in the feeds. Teams, groups, and projects make it nice to only see what the things you're involved in and not everything going on in the company. I like the Intranet, we use it to share company information, employee accomplishments, and even the menu for the cafe downstairs.

Cons: When you want to view a task from the feeds it opens in a pop up view and it not useful because you don't see the comments, I always have to "copy link" then paste that into the browser.
Trackers, the line number is static, so it you sort the numbers stay the same, so if someone reference a line you may not be looking at the same thing if you sorted, there needs to be an actual unique Id.

by MangoApps on 15/12/2018

Jill, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and provide feedback! I'm happy to hear you've been a customer for so long and I hope we can continue to earn your business for many years to come! I will be sure to pass along your feedback as well. Thank you again!

• Reviewed on 26/10/2018
Technical, Research & Development Manager
  • Reviewed on 23/03/2018

"Very good system for tracking projects and storing knowledge in an accessible manner"

Comments: Knowledge repository and project management system streamlining.

Pros: Ability to create individual projects within which you can have message feeds, tasks, wikis, file storage etc.
Wikis (external to projects) are used by us as knowledge repositories as are file folders within the system.
Everything is very easily searchable.
Using the desktop app you have live chat functionality.
E-mails - from external systems such as Outlook - can be sent directly to projects and appear in the feed.

Cons: Managing tasks within an individual project is easy but there's no easy way to track tasks across all projects. Tasks can be sorted by unassigned, not started, started, etc. but no overall "not yet finished" type sorting to capture all live tasks and a report can't be created from this view (only within projects). This just creates a bit more work.
No Gantt chart capability.

by MangoApps on 20/12/2018

Thank you for your review of MangoApps! We truly appreciate your feedback and are glad to have you as a customer. I've recorded your feedback and will be sure to pass it along to our product teams. Cheers!

• Reviewed on 23/03/2018
Rosa W.
Internal/Intranet Manager
  • Reviewed on 21/03/2018

"We've been using MangoApps for a year now and it has been great - easy to use and fairly intuitive."

Pros: We like the different features for collaboration and user engagement. Setting up new groups and projects is easy and staff are finding it very useful to collaborate on projects and assignments. Staff also use these features to interact with other employees on non-work related events (e.g. soccer clubs). Staff really enjoy the Recognition feature, allowing them to thank or congratulate fellow co-workers. The system is easy to use and fairly intuitive and more robust than other systems used in the past. We think Mango is great!

Cons: There are some limitations to certain functionalities, or other functions that are currently not available. However, the Support team is very open to hearing any and all suggestions. They help to try to find a work-around and if there isn't one, they put in request for possible inclusion in future updates. Mango Support is fabulous!

by MangoApps on 20/12/2018

Rosa, thank you for your review of MangoApps! We truly appreciate your feedback and are glad to have you as a customer. It honors me to hear that you are pleased about our Support, and I urge you to keep the feedback and ideas coming! Cheers!

Marketing and Communications Director
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/03/2018

"Overall great to use, although could use even more customization and tagging"

Comments: Working collaboratively across multiple offices on select projects, increased communication with decrease email, better control of company story, filing system

Pros: Easy to learn, and therefore faster adoption of software. It is intuitive, and accessible to everyone, not just tech people. General layout and user experience seems thought out. Also, everyone loves the levels & badges... go figure

Cons: Cons about the software include some customization issues that have recently been rolled out - templates for posts/wikis. With wikis, would be great to edit their ranking (hierarchy) after we publish. Sometimes we create the wiki, only to have to delete it later, because we thought of a different group or category that it should be under. Also, would like the ability to work on a draft by multiple people before publishing (right now we publish on a closed group, and then take turns editing it there). Would also like a better tagging system for photos and files with more controls built in.

by MangoApps on 20/12/2018

Thank you for taking the time to review MangoApps! We appreciate your feedback and satisfaction. I will be sure to pass your feedback along. Cheers!

Associate Workforce Systems Analyst
Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/03/2018

"Mango has increased the communication and collaboration among our global offices"

Comments: Increased company communication (and reduced emails)
Global team collaboration
Single source of knowledge

Pros: I really value the customer support that Mango provides. Whenever I come across an issue on our site, the support team is always quick to respond and help. They are also always thinking of new features to add and welcome input from their customers. The system has also been a great place to serve as our single source of knowledge. So all departmental resources, company announcements, and other relevant information is stored on our site.

Cons: Mango has a lot of great features, but at times there are many steps to accomplish a single task. Things aren't always as intuitive as I'd like. However, I think that the team is always working hard to simplify and improve these processes

by MangoApps on 20/12/2018

Thank you for your review of MangoApps! We truly appreciate your feedback and are glad to have you as a customer. I'm glad to see you are seeing our efforts to simplify and improve processes. Our goal is to not only provide a powerful tool for any use case, but make it easy and intuitive for all businesses and user types. Cheers!

• Reviewed on 22/03/2018
Jean M.
Sales Support
Computer Hardware, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/03/2018

"The product and ourselves have grown together."

Comments: One place to house everything. The price is reasonable. The customer service has been wonderful lately.

Pros: The all in one place for our files. We only use the software for chatting and a file repository. We have eliminated the need for folders in-house and upload with PDF's by customer and year. We have been thru two vendor audits who gave us high praise for our filing system.

Cons: When it is updated it is a mandatory update. We find that causes us some downtime. The web interface is a bit clunky. The mango sync has caused people to lose files.

by MangoApps on 20/12/2018

Jean, we take pride in our customer's satisfaction, and I agree- we have grown with a lot of our clients. I'm glad that MangoApps has been a good solution for your business. I have passed along your feedback and concerns, and I hope that those are addressed if not already.

Kyryl L.
Prof.
Higher Education, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/12/2018

"The perfect mix between simplicity and functionality (TinyTake)"

Comments: I am an educator. Many of the student's questions can be answered with a screenshot, an arrow and a few lines of text. It is a great way to eliminate unnecessary writing and illustrate my response with an image - a sure way it will be remembered.

Pros: Simple to incorporate into my workflow. A few annotation features - but all that I need. Possibility to upload image, thought I don't frequently use that, I can see that it would be indispensable to posts in forums, Reddit, etc.

Cons: All annotation shapes have shadows that I can't remove. Video capture also adds inner shadow on the top and left sides of the frame.

by MangoApps on 17/12/2018

Kyryl, thank you for taking the time to review us! We appreciate your business, and are glad to see that TinyTake fits well into your work flow. I will be sure to pass along your feedback regarding the annotations. Thank you again!

• Reviewed on 15/12/2018
Siobahn H.
HR Director
  • Reviewed on 20/03/2018

"It has increased our overall communication and capturing information."

Pros: The collaboration and ability to direct the information to the right people, teams etc. We can troubleshoot issues in a more effective way than our business software. The search ability makes it a invaluable resource over trying to find things in email. We use Mango every day and have really built our company culture around the capabilities and efficiency it creates.

Cons: Sometimes it can be hard to understand the best way or best practice for how to deliver the information. Teams, projects, departments etc all have different functions and you have to really understand them and utilize them properly.

by MangoApps on 20/12/2018

Siobahn, thank you for taking the time to review MangoApps! We appreciate your feedback and satisfaction. I will be sure to pass your feedback along. Cheers!

Joe F.
Systems Admnistrator
  • Reviewed on 06/11/2018

"A tool in the toolbox"

Comments: Overall we're happy with the product, and will continue to use it.

Pros: Collaborating in MangoApps is almost automatic. We have a thriving ecosystem of Groups, Projects and Departments in MangoApps.

Cons: Sometimes the updates are pushed and changes made to the UI or to functionality (which sometimes cause bugs) with little to no warning. A better communicated and tested update process would be beneficial.

by MangoApps on 15/12/2018

Joe, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! I'm glad to hear that MangoApps is working well for your company and that things are thriving as you mention. I do hear you loud and clear regarding the update notifications and update process. I will pass along that feedback so that we can address this for yourself and many others. Together we make MangoApps better every day, thank you again for your feedback!

• Reviewed on 06/11/2018
Tim M.
Head of IT
  • Reviewed on 20/03/2018

"MangoApps is a great , flexible tool for our organisation's intranet. Highly recommended!"

Pros: MangoApps are constantly evolving the product in response to user needs. We selected it following a thorough review of the market and it ticked all our boxes as a cross between a collaboration platform and organisational intranet. It offered significantly more functionality compared to competitors at the price point. Since becoming customers we have seen regular significant improvements in the product.

Cons: The release of some new features have on occasion had unexpected consequences for the setup of our intranet although we have always been able to resolve or workaround these.

by MangoApps on 21/12/2018

Tim, thank you for taking the time to review MangoApps! We appreciate your feedback and satisfaction. I will be sure to pass your feedback along regarding updates/releases. Thanks again!

Wole L.
ED
  • Reviewed on 20/03/2018

"High business value due to the number of useful modules. Very irritating billing."

Comments: Keeps the whole company on one page.

Pros: Range of modules (wikis, posts, groups, projects, calendars, etc).
No apparent limits on data storage.

Cons: Many international debit/credit cards don't work on the payment platform, and to make matters worse the company shuts off access to your account as soon as a payment fails. Many complaints on this have had no impact.

by MangoApps on 20/12/2018

Wole, thank you for your review! I am glad to hear that you find MangoApps to be the right solution for your business and realize the power of our modules. I am sorry that there have been issues with billing. Have your billing issues been resolved? Please let us know.

Matt M.
Architecture & Planning, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/04/2020

"MangoApps is Great"

Comments: This has been great for project team collaboration and supporting company communication and culture.

Pros: It connects everything and it has a very consistent implementation across many features. So once you learn how to setup/use one module you can figure out the rest.

Cons: The page refresh lags a bit. So sometimes when I'm working I find that things seem a bit sluggish.

by MangoApps on 06/06/2020

Hi Matt, thanks for taking the time to review MangoApps. We are pleased to see that it still fits well into your workflow, and will certainly take your feedback regarding page refresh in mind with active improvements we are making to the platform. Thank you again!

• Reviewed on 03/04/2020
Kevin B.
Software Developer
Building Materials, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/10/2018

"TinyTake is Awesome"

Comments: So far the program has worked flawlessly and made it easy to share my screenshots in a meaniful way with fellow employees and clients.

Pros: It makes it easy to capture what you want from the screen, annotate what you want to highlight, and paste to documents and/or email.

Cons: It requires you to use Shift along with Control + C instead of just Control + C for copying what you have ready for pasting. It is only something you have to learn and is not much of an issue.

by MangoApps on 15/12/2018

Kevin, thank you for taking the time to review TinyTake and provide feedback! I'm glad to see that it is working well for you and your business. Cheers!

• Reviewed on 29/10/2018