15 years helping British businesses

About Paycom

With Paycom's all-in-one software, you can boost employee satisfaction by linking performance with compensation.

Learn more about Paycom

Pros:

Paycom can do a lot of different things if its configured correctly. It offers some useful integrations and can make a lot of the workflow side of things easier.

Cons:

I have been waiting 2 months for them to fix a mistake they made on my W2. I was told that it would take 2-3 weeks to fix.

Paycom ratings

4.4

8.1/10

Paycom has an overall rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars based on 898 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Paycom before?

Joe
Joe
Director of HR, Payroll, Accounting in US
Restaurants, 201–500 Employees

Paycom Review

Pros:

I like the quick responses from the Account Manager and Dedicated Specialist most.

Cons:

A lot of custom reports for data need to be purchased separately from what is included in the costs.

4 months ago

Joe, thank you for sharing your positive experience with us! Our team is dedicated to providing exceptional service and we are happy to hear that we have met your expectations.

Alan
Alan
Human Resources Generalist in US
Hospital & Health Care, 10,000+ Employees

Paycom simplifies payroll processes for our company

Comments: Employees will be responsible for their own actions going forward. Our company's cultural flaws have been exposed through Paycom software. It's making us evolve, but in a positive direction.

Pros:

Your sales representative and the service staff are committed to answering your inquiries and resolving any problems that may arise. I've worked in similar roles with other services before, and they're just not the same.

Cons:

Since our previous leader left the organization, communication with our new leader has been difficult. No one else was as helpful in guiding me through the steps as he was. Considered myself safe because I had previously used Paycom. I was completely unfamiliar with the Betti component.

10 months ago

We are happy to hear that Paycom's software has been instrumental in your organization's growth. Our team is committed to providing solutions that meet your specific needs and we appreciate your trust in us.

Debralynn
Controller in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 51–200 Employees

Review of the newly implemented Paycom system

5.0 last month New

Comments: From sales, to purchase to implementation and go live it remains a great experience.

Pros:

The reporting package is above and beyond. The tracking feature has enhanced our reports exponentially.

Cons:

The multiple authentications to log in and repeat phone calls.

last month

We're thrilled to hear your Paycom experience has been great from start to going live. We appreciate your partnership and thank you for the 5-star review!

James
CFO in US
Consumer Services, 201–500 Employees

Beware of Cost and other claims

Comments: We have had a bad experience with Paycom. They are a petty, unethical company. The salespeople do not accurately represent the costs of the system. Paycom over billed us by $100K in the first 12 months of the contract because they put the “wrong” rates in. Shame on us for not noticing this sooner, but when we did they would only pay us back $75K over 3 months! They said $25K of the disputed amount we “signed” up for. The implementation was also sloppy as many of the integrations that they had promised were not working. It was a revolving door of consultants trying to help us. I will give them credit for having a good mobile app and marginally better reporting, but if you are with ADP or UKG, think twice about switching. I am happy to talk about my experience.

Pros:

Mobile app is good as is the reporting in general.

Cons:

Fees that were charged were wrong and sales people did not thoroughly explain the billing process. Very opaque.

8 months ago

Hi, James. We've connected with the team serving your organization and understand they have been in contact with you to help resolve your concerns. We recommend working with them as they will be able to assist you. If you need anything further, please email us at [email protected].

Caroline
HR Director in US
Hospitality, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Good Software , Bad customer service

Pros:

The platform itself is very good and easy to navigate. I have worked with every platform out there and Paycom is one of the easiest to use. It's intelligent and compliant with ACA and taxes. The user side is also very easy to navigate for our employees

Cons:

There is never anyone to help me when I need help. our representative would change all the time and were never available when I needed real help

3 months ago

We're happy to hear you're enjoying our product, Caroline! Paycom's goal is to provide excellent customer support and we'd like to help. Please contact us at [email protected], and a team member will reach out.

LISE
Controller HR in US
Printing, 51–200 Employees

I would highly recommend

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: I have used Paychex for smaller companies and really like it. ADP would be the primary competition for Paycom and their customer service is horrible. I would never recommend ADP.

Pros:

The customer service is very friendly and the company is very organized and customer focused.

Cons:

I have had many customer service rep. changes in the the past 7 years. I would love to have a more stable customer service rep.

2 months ago

Lise, thank you for sharing your experience. It's a pleasure to provide your organization with the support you need to be successful. Thank you for the 5-star review!

Morgan
HR Manager in US
Chemicals, 51–200 Employees

Streamline into one system!

5.0 last month New

Comments: Amazing - from start to finish! Very efficient and timely.

Pros:

The customer support was amazing. [sensitive content hidden] were an amazing team.

Cons:

The timesheets were difficult to read for overnight employees.

last month

Morgan, we're thrilled to read your review! We're especially happy to hear you've had a positive experience with our customer support team. Thank you for the 5-star review!

Sara
Associate Veterinarian in US
Veterinary, 11–50 Employees

User-Friendly Payroll Software for Employees

5.0 last month New

Comments: As an employee, overall this is a simple user-friendly program for managing compensation and I've been happy with it in the 6 months we've had it in use.

Pros:

Very easy to use as an employee. Easy to access current pay stubs, total pay, withholdings and contributions for the year. The "Approve my Check" function is very nice to make sure there are no errors before paychecks are processed.

Cons:

I have not had any significant issues with the software.

last month

We're happy to hear how Paycom has made accessing your information so convenient, Sara! Our mission is to simplify the employee experience, so we're glad to hear this has been your experience. We appreciate your review!

Megan
Program Coordinator in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 51–200 Employees

Paycom meets all of our expectations!

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Pros:

I love that we have a dedicated specialist, how our implementors are very forthcoming and open about Paycom, the navigation, and usability of Paycom.

Cons:

If there was a better way to complete expenses for supervisors, as this is apart of my role, that would be better. Something that allows us to edit, review, and submit expense reports on the behalf of others more smoothly and easily - without extra steps that may be unnecessary or unavailable.

last week

Megan, we are glad to hear you are experiencing top-notch service from our team. Thank you for the 5-star review! If have any additional questions, please reach out to our team at [email protected].

Marilyn
Marilyn
Business Woman in Philippines
Consumer Goods, 2–10 Employees

User friendly and good for employees management.

4.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: Paycom is easy to use and user friendly. The features of this application is simple and can use by everyone.

Pros:

It is good for payrolls, time and labor management. Better to use for managing talents.

Cons:

sometimed there is a user error or glitch.

2 weeks ago

Our mission is to simplify the employee process and eliminate unnecessary tasks for the HR and payroll teams. It's rewarding to know Paycom has been able to accomplish this for you, Marilyn! We appreciate your positive review. Thank you!

Education Management, 51–200 Employees

One of the best solutions for HR

Comments: Using Paycom as an Administrator is a breeze. Easy to set up, great for reporting, payroll processing, and customer support (I have a designated representative). No more case numbers or long waiting calls.
For employees, or standard users, the system is easy to navigate. The Paycom App is fantastic.

Pros:

As Administrator of the system, Paycom is convenient/easy to use. The modules such as Benefits Administration, Time and Attendance, Document Management, Expense Management, Applicant Tracking, are very intuitive to use. The report writer is the best. Compared with ADP, Paycom is one of the most user-friendly HRMS out there. Customer support is great. Each account/company has a designated representative assigned.

Cons:

Price. The products are wonderful, but it comes with a price. Every company/organization has its uniqueness. Finding a perfect HR software is not easy, but Paycom meets all the criteria I need.

4 years ago

Thank you for the fantastic review! We appreciate you sharing your experience with Paycom! We're thrilled that you are enjoying our products and that you find them easy to navigate! If there are any updates that would improve your experience in the future, please let your dedicated support specialist know!

Tony
Director of Human Resources in US
Oil & Energy, 11–50 Employees

A really good system a couple of short steps from greatness

Comments: The software is progressing nicely and is very easy to use. Customer care at the account level is very good. Direct customer service sometimes lacks skills, but part of that is due to the fact that there are so many new features and add ins being released right now that their customer service team seems a little behind the curve of indepth knowledge. Overall the stongest product on the market for small to medium sized companies.

Pros:

The UI and ease of use is at the top of the market. Large easy blocks and buttons to click on make daily use very easy. Reporting isn't perfect by at the top of everything I've used or seen so far.

Cons:

The system still hasn't caught up to how employees think about HSA's. Employees think of contributions to their HSA's in terms of how much comes out of each paycheck and not how much they want to contribute on an annual basis, but the tool forces them to look at it in a yearly format. The request is in and hopefylly they'll fix it soon, but it's there.

4 years ago

Thank you for the review! We are happy to hear you find our system user-friendly. We also appreciate your feedback and will share it with our team. We would love the opportunity to learn how we can create a 5-star experience for you. Please share any other enhancements you would like to see from us with your dedicated specialist or with our team at [email protected].

Dayna
Director of HR and Administration in US
Construction, 51–200 Employees

The black hole that is Customer Service in Paycom

Comments: The experience has been bad. They don't support their small to mid-size customers. The people are nice but the business plan and structure is a mess.

Pros:

The payroll portion seems to work well. We don't have to call for help often and it is pretty user friends.

Cons:

The software is complicated and customer service is not available through Paycom. We have been working for 6 months to get the 401k feeds correct and we are still struggling. It may work but who knows if you can't get help.

3 years ago

Our support teams are dedicated to providing world-class service to each client. We connected with your client team to ensure your concerns have been addressed, but please feel free to reach out to us at [email protected] if we can be of further assistance. We're proud to be your HR provider and look forward to partnering with you on all your business's needs.

Susie
National Director of HR and Payroll in US
Financial Services, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Outstanding Product and Support

Comments: The BEST Payroll, and HRIS system on the market hands down!

Pros:

This product has high technology and excellent ease of use. It is ever changing and improving to allow you to keep up with the latest technology. Paycom also will customize your product for your individual companies use. The customer support is outstanding and they are always there to assist you!

Cons:

There isn't much I don't love about Paycom. They have outstanding support and walk me through each portion of the program. The only issue I have had with Paycom is not having the Back Benefits automatically calculated. BUT this feature is coming soon!

5 years ago

Susie, thank you for sharing your Paycom experience! We are so thrilled that you enjoy using our products.

Terri
Marketing Coordinator in US
Real Estate, 11–50 Employees

Paycom is Simplicity

Comments: Overall Paycom has been easy to use and exactly what we needed to get our Payroll & HR started. Its great for small businesses.

Pros:

Paycom is a user friendly, quick set up platform to process payroll, employee management & time tracking.

Cons:

The initial set up help was great, but once you get going, finding help can be frustrating. You are passed from one person to the next instead of someone who knows your account. I think your onboarder should also be your go to for more than the first few weeks.

10 months ago

We are happy to hear that our product has been easy to use. Your satisfaction is our priority and we appreciate your input to improve our services. We'd like to learn more about your feedback so we can properly address your concerns. Please reach out to us at [email protected], and a team member will contact you.

Lori
Owner in US
Mental Health Care, 11–50 Employees

Paycom delivers return on investment!

Comments: Paycom was like coming to trusted teammates who walk you through all the options you may want or need for you business and it's anticipated growth. I know I'll never have to switch again!

Pros:

I really enjoyed working with the Paycom team. I can tell they want my business to succeed genuinely, and they work hard to support our needs and growth.

Cons:

I really don't have any cons honestly. I have thought hard and can't think of any!

4 months ago

Lori, client service is our top priority, so we're truly happy to know you're having a positive experience with Paycom! Thank you for letting us serve your organization and entrusting us with your payroll needs. We look forward to continued success in the future!

Human Resources, 201–500 Employees

A well-rounded, feature rich HRIS

Comments: We use the Paycom HRIS similarly to most companies might us it; for payroll, employee management and talent acquisition. The system has decreased the amount of time we spend on every day tasks. It's simplified the payroll process, transitioned us from paper to digital in many ways and added value to the new hire process. The ability to on-board new hires electronically has been a vital time savings. Our reduction in paper cost is significant. Overall, our Paycom experience has been very positive. It's re-defined the way we handle HR tasks. It's brought our candidate experience to a new level and has resulted in immeasurable time savings. Any issues we have are overshadowed by the fact that we can always reach a knowledgeable account representative that is willing and eager to help us. Paycom continually proves themselves to be a partner who has a vested interest in our success. I would not hesitate to recommend Paycom as a full-featured HRIS or for any of their many specific modules. As someone who has used all of their modules, I can attest to their quality and accuracy. They should be a top contender for any organization shopping for an HRIS.

Pros:

Paycom may not have the brand recognition of a larger HRIS, but that doesn't mean that it shouldn't be a front-line contender. The software is robust with capabilities that round out its fairly intuitive interface. If you have a need for an HRIS, chances are good that Paycom will be able to satisfy it. Our experience with their offerings includes Payroll, Employee Management, Applicant Tracking and other modules. While the modules differ in their complexity and sometimes require a modest learning curve, there's nothing inherently negative to say about any of them. Even with some time to adjust and learn the system, it can be credited for simplifying almost every aspect of our human resources administration. What's more is that Paycom is continually updating and streamlining it's software. Seldom a week or two goes by without a meaningful innovation to Paycom. I've taken notice that these updates most often the fruit of listening to customer feedback; something many companies aren't particularly well known for. In my experience, we've always been able to reach a representative at Paycom and they've always been willing to take our feedback. When practical, they've been able to implement some of the things that we've asked for. They've been quick to address any problems that we've experienced, either through software or user error. Simply put, Paycom is a responsive HRIS suite that continues to evolve while offering an outstanding customer service experience.

Cons:

Paycom offers a bevy of features, but you won't find all of these enabled at the onset. As you dig through the manual, you will find interesting features that aren't present in your HRIS. This is usually because they're not enabled which doesn't always mean that they come at an extra cost. It only means that these specific features have not been turned on and that you need to request that functionality by contacting your account representative. This can be a bit frustrating at times, but it certainly makes sense not to enable everything in the system. I suppose that it is akin to training wheels. Paycom offers so many features and functionalities that enabling them all at once would likely be overwhelming to a new user. In this respect, it makes sense that certain, less popular features, might not be enabled by default. That's the case for some of the Paycom features, but you'll find it easy enough to have them enabled. It merely takes a phone call to your account representative who will have the feature enabled in relatively short order. Apart from that, not every aspect of the system is completely intuitive. There are some areas in Applicant Tracking, for example, that can be cumbersome and less than stream-lined. Some things are just harder than they should be - either due to the overwhelming feature set or ill-thought design. Having said that, Paycom is continually evolving and I've seen active changes to make all aspects easier to use.

5 years ago

We greatly appreciate your feedback and your review. Our team is constantly finding ways to improve how users interact with Paycom and we will pass our product team your thoughts. If you have any other thoughts feel free to let us know.

Paul
Owner, Electrician in US
Construction, 2–10 Employees

When nobody else would help..

Comments: I'm loving this service, and the customer service team is always on point and available! I would recommend this to any business owner, especially anybody just starting out that doesn't have extensive experience with payroll or business in general. Unfortunately I think it's difficult to have to do the wired transfers every week, I feel like Paycom should have the ability to make this easier on the clients, where most payroll companies allow just routing an account info or a debit card linked, but in a world where nobody else would help me out, I I'm happy to go through those motions and a very appreciative of the service!

Pros:

Unfortunately, I began adulting a little later on in life, and my credit has a few dings on it which made it difficult to find a company who would give me a shot. Thankfully, Paycom was here for me, and has treated me amazingly. I've had the most wonderful experiences with every team member I've been in contact with, and they took all the time that I needed to teach me about every feature of the service and how to work things out, what to do in different scenarios, and they thoroughly explained everything I needed to know and many things I didn't even think about. I would absolutely recommend this service to anyone!

Cons:

The only thing that would make this app any easier to use would be an easier payment method.Instead of having to send a wire out every week, I've tried to bring to my bank the "draw down" information, but unfortunately not all banks play nicely with that.. I've had to settle for adding a wire transfer feature to my online banking, which is still an additional expense although less than the total of 4 monthly wires, but I think Paycom should have the capability of taking my account and routing info, or even my business account debit card info, and allowing for payments to be made that way, instead of obligating users to go through the intricate motions of the "Draw Down" (which no banker seemed to know about) or having to go to the bank every week to spend an additional 25$ on a wire 🙃

8 months ago

Thank you for sharing your experience! We pride ourselves on providing world-class client service. We are happy to hear you are having a positive experience with Paycom. Thank you for your continued support.

Jessie
Associate Director of People Operations in US

Great at first

Pros:

I loved how i could call their customer service line and get an agent within 1-2 minutes. I used to have to wait 40+ minutes with ADP.

Cons:

They do not keep us compliant. When we need a new earning/deduction set up they ask us to fill out paperwork regarding how it should be taxed. I am not a tax expert and do not have that information. I hoped i could tell Paycom what i want and they would be able to set that up for us, but this is not the case.

4 months ago

We hold our product and service to a high standard, and we'd like to learn more about your review, Jessie. Please reach out to us at [email protected], and a member of our team will be in touch.

Mary
Benefits Manager in US
Architecture & Planning, 201–500 Employees

A good solution for the money

Comments: Overall we are very pleased with the scope and breadth of the system. We are finding that we are able to solve many HR challenges through this platform. And they are continually improving the product. Even in the last 10 months, some of the things that would have made to the "What do you like least about this software?" list have been resolved through new product releases.

Pros:

We implemented Paycom after becoming frustrated with a much more expensive solution. We have been using it for about 10 months and are still amazed at how intuitive the software is. Our HR team has been able to go right into the system and begin using it with very little formal training which a plus when time is tight. But I would also recommend taking their webinar training when offered. I've picked up tricks that are less obvious but greatly enhance my ability to accomplish what I need to do in the system. I especially like the Personal Action Forms and the fact that they are customizable. We don't even need process documentation anymore. We create a custom PAF for each type of employee transaction that needs to be made and include all the relevant fields that may need to be changed or verified as a result of the change type. This is a huge time saver for us and keeps our data accurate. I also appreciate the many compliance tools and dashboards. We have been able to ensure Notice Compliance by using the Checklists functionality. You can assign documents to employees and get their signed acknowledgement and be completely paperless! A great benefit with six offices spread across the country and only one central HR department.

Cons:

We are still hopeful that Paycom will come out with a more robust API that will allow us to share employee data bi-directionally. For now, you can export data from Paycom to share across other software systems but you cannot write into Paycom. Everything needs to be manually imported.

5 years ago

Thank you for the review and feedback, Mary! We are thrilled that you are enjoying your Paycom experience! We will be sure to share your feedback regarding the API process with our product teams.

Yasmine
Yasmine
Executive Management Analyst in US
Package/Freight Delivery, 501–1,000 Employees

Allows for easier and simpler processes and efficiencies

Comments: Overall Paycom seems to solve my problems before they arise; the integration between what would have been separate platforms allows for simplified processes and efficiencies that allows me to focus on the big picture rather than focus on the small tedious things.

Pros:

Paycom is a one stop shop with one singular login. One of the key things that has been most beneficial is self onboarding, which reduced the HR workload, provides a 'mid-phase' to a prospective employee and active employee, and helps get drivers on the road 4-6 days faster than our previous process. In addition, the consistent monthly improvements are always an added bonus and I continue to be impressed with the developments

Cons:

We wish there was a better integration capability to our third party platforms - though we primarily use Paycom, our industry requires use of many additional platforms. An integration outside of an API/SFTP would allow for an overall holistic view of our employee workforce and operations.

4 years ago

Thank you for sharing your Paycom experience and we appreciate your feedback! We are happy to hear our software is helping simplify your HR processes

Miranda
Human Resources in US
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51–200 Employees

Paycom

Comments: Very very satisfied. Highly recommend to any business. Amazing company to work with.

Pros:

Easy to use. Is/can be a one stop shop for any employer. Application tracking system is amazing and saves time when entering a new hire into the system. Also has government and task management section that has pre-loaded modules to send out to employees to help keep a company in compliance with federal/state laws. Customer Support is awesome. Our assigned rep reaches out monthly to see how things are going and will schedule meetings every few months to come onsite to discuss any changes, upcoming changes and to answer any questions you may have or walk you through something you may be having an issue with

Cons:

One thing i wish paycom had the option for is taking an applicant that you have saved/generated under "Candidate Tracking" and be able to convert them into either the Applicant Tracking and/or creating a profile for them if you hire the employee. Currently, if you save an applicant as a "candidate" you cannot convert them to the applicant tracking side or make them a profile once the job offer has been accepted.

5 years ago

Miranda, thank you for the 5-star review! We are so glad that you are enjoying your Paycom experience! We appreciate you sharing your perspective regarding candidates, and how building a progressive profile that spanned multiple products would create a better user experience. We will be sure to share that with our team. Please let us know if you have any additional feedback; we love hearing from our clients!

Josue
Josue
Senior Digital Marketing Manager in US
Industrial Automation, 501–1,000 Employees

Paycom optimizes human resources in one place

Comments: It stands out for its single system perspective, which offers an all-in-one solution that manages the entire lifecycle of workers. This approach has proven to be very effective and helps to avoid inconsistencies. Its usability, reporting capabilities and self-service access has taken the pressure off the human resources department. It offers a highly reliable program to manage payroll, which is highly customizable. With this we can handle complex scenarios regarding salaries, deductions and benefits with ease.

Pros:

Its interface is simple to use, which helps both the administrator and the worker. The system is natural and guides the user through different phases. It offers only a single program that makes it possible to manage the entire employee life cycle, from hiring to retirement. This really supports the end of the need for multiple systems, which can generate inconsistencies and errors in the information. This is the most admirable feature that I have personally appreciated because it reduces the amount of work we have. It lets employees manage how they enroll their names in personal information benefits, as well as attendance and time. This decreases personnel resources and also empowers workers.

Cons:

The mobile version does not offer the same capabilities as the desktop version. It costs more money compared to other methods of personnel management and resource management. Very little customization is offered, especially in the area of reporting. The transformation to a new method is likely to be a drawback, I have experienced difficulties during the implementation stage, consisting of difficulties with data transmission.

8 months ago

We are happy to hear that our software is making payroll simpler and more efficient. Thank you for the positive review, Josue!

Mychal
HR Director in US
Religious Institutions, 51–200 Employees

Struggling to get support

Pros:

Paycom seems to have a large amount of offerings that could support many different areas of HR. If you know systems at all, it can be pretty straightforward to navigate. As a user, it's easy to log into the app and to request time off.

Cons:

We are really struggling to get any support or our questions answered. In 6 months, we have had three different account specialists and have had no transitions between them. The only way we know we have a new one is by looking at our Help section of the system. We have had ongoing requests for almost two months with little updates. We have tried to escalate to team leads and have not received much communication. My latest question was responded with "If you are needing immediate assistance with these items, I would recommend that you go ahead and call in to the main line at 800.580.4505 and any member of the team will be able to assist you." after I asked for an update when I hadn't heard back from our account specialist in 12 days. We've even tried to call into the main line only to be hung up on, disconnected, or told they would look into it with no response back. We don't feel this is typical based on other reviews and talking to other organizations. We just want to know why we can't get the same level of support or even a response.

2 years ago

Hi, Mychal. We understand you're actively working with your client team and have scheduled meetings to ensure these concerns are resolved. If we can be of additional help, please connect with us at [email protected].

Poncietta
Business Specialist in US
Banking, 51–200 Employees

Clocking in?

Comments: Overall, my experience with Paycom has been a good one. I can access it on my mobile device and, to me, that is so important because there are instances where you need to access your payroll information and being able to pull it up on your phone is a definite plus. I don't remember what we used before Paycom but I can definitely say that I like it better because there is must more information that is readily available

Pros:

There are many wonderful features to this program. It is easy to see your upcoming paycheck or review past paychecks as well as other tax documents. It is also a very valuable feature being able to view benefits, available time off, time used, etc. I would say that I especially like the Community feature where employees can leave comments or kudos to their co-workers.

Cons:

I think that the navigation could be a little easier. After using this program for some years now, I still have to search to find my paycheck. I don't know if it's just me but I think if I had to change anything, I would change the location of the current paycheck.

2 years ago

Thank you for the 5-star review, Poncietta! We are glad you are enjoying our single-solution software and the visibility it provides. If you have any additional feedback, please do not hesitate to contact us at [email protected]. Thanks again!