SimplePractice Reviews

• Overall
    4.6 /5
    4.4 /5
    4.5 /5

About SimplePractice

Make the free switch to SimplePractice today and join over 75,000 customers running thriving health & wellness businesses

Learn more about SimplePractice

Showing 2,497 reviews

Amanda G.
Program Director
  • Reviewed on 07/08/2019

"Simple Practice saved me!"

Comments: Truly a lifesaver. I feel like I am not a business person, but simple practice simplifies so many aspects of this.

Pros: I love all of the things that the developers decided to incorporate in this platform. You can upload your business documents, any documents relevant to your client records and so much more. I have created questionnaires that are specific to my practice so that I can gather data upfront and this prevents me from missing out on money. I love the integration for scheduling appointments, telehealth and billing and invoicing. If you want to streamline your practice, this is for you.

Cons: Clients cannot pay partial balances in their client portal yet, those payments have to be taken in the office.

by SimplePractice on 13/08/2019

Amanda, thanks for your positive review. We're proud to give you the back office you need to run a professional practice. Please don't hesitate to reach out if there's any additional feedback you have. - Gillian from SimplePractice

• Reviewed on 07/08/2019
Nicolais C.
Owner/Clinician
  • Reviewed on 01/11/2019

"Great software - could use some simple features"

Comments: Good. Some key features that I wish were present with billing graphics and information, which I mentioned in the cons section. If these upgrades/changes could be made, I would rate SimplePractice as excellent.

Pros: I love the editable notes/forms and the online access! Client portal is also more streamlined and user friendly compared to competitors. Reports are nice and helpful for the most part. Free text and voice are nice (however you pay the difference with the higher cost of claim submission compared to competitors).

Cons: The billing tabs are difficult to understand as they don’t seem to be graphically easy to understand where each invoice is being applied. Looking quickly at the billing tab, it looks as if I have twice as many invoices than I actually need and some invoices, invoice for a zero balance (or even before an insurance payment is made). This makes the billing harder to understand than some of SimplePractice’s top competitors. Also, I wish the reports would show overall totals of figures (I.e. insurance payments owed, client balances owed, etc.). These features allow me to look quickly at client balances and billing and get an idea of where billing sits very quickly, and again, is a feature with competitors. Being a one man office right now, theses features save valuable time and seem like easy fixes to the system. I also wish Simple Practice had phone support - just for the fact that time is valuable and I don’t want to wait to resolve an question.

• Reviewed on 01/11/2019
Meredith M.
Psychologist
  • Reviewed on 07/11/2019

"I wish Simple Practice did more, was easier to use, and the customer service was better"

Comments: Barely satisfied. I ran out of room in the Con's box.

Pros: As a working mom of two young children, I was looking for something to save me some time. Once I figured it out on my own (which took too long in my opinion because of unhelpful video tutorials and unhelpful customer service), it now has saved me some time. I like how easy it is to chart progress notes. It has saved time and desktop space. Once I figured out how to submit claims, I appreciated not having to manually enter the information myself every time I have submitted in the past. These were two main reasons I wanted to switch.

Cons: I wish it could do more and was easier to use. Here are some features that would be great additions to Simple Practice: - Have the ability to be Excel where I can track office expenses (i.e., office supplies, tax deductions)
- You MUST make customer service easier to get ahold of and more knowledgeable. Email back-and-forth communication is a frustrating customer service option.
- Have your customer service people be more professional. When I video-ed for my free 30-minute video at the beginning of using the software, the person was late, not professionally dressed, and looked like they were at a beach house. I was also frustrated that the employee did not know more than I did. They had to check-in with people and then get back to me. I knew much more about insurance and how it worked than the person I spoke to.
- I dislike the tutorial videos - they were not very helpful and felt like a waste of time.
- In the Coverage Report, I would greatly benefit from being able to get the SPECIFIC benefit information for Mental Health services. This is often different from the patient's medical benefits (different copays, coinsurances)
- Have it easier to be able to pick the insurance carrier from the insurance list - it is currently very confusing
- I am certain I am not getting the most out of the software but am frustrated because I don't know how to get more out of it. I don't feel that I can count on Simple Practice team members to help me either.

• Reviewed on 07/11/2019
Heather L.
Therapist/Owner
  • Reviewed on 13/07/2016

"Efficient, intuitive, and oh-so-supportive."

Comments: I will be the first to admit that the administrative side of running a psychtherapy office isn't what nourishes me most - it's the relationships with my clients and colleagues that sustain and inspire me. That said, I realize that the administrative aspect of my business is central to building a successful practice so that I can continue to do the work that I love. Finding a practice management system that is effective and intuitive, and built for mental health therapists, has been a game changer. I knew I would find the right system, eventually. SimplePractice fit the bill. What came as a surprise is the quality of the relationships that I'd build with the customer support professionals at SimplePractice. When getting started, I reached out to customer support about various aspects related to enrollment and billing of Medicare. I had a unique-ish circumstance with my enrollment due to address changes. I had spent a significant amount of time on the phone with Medicare and got as far as I could with them. I reached out to SimplePractice support by email (there's no phone number!) and admittedly, I thought I'd never hear back - that feeling of sending an email out into the universe to float around forever. I had not even registered for SP, yet. Well, I had a response within 1 day. The responder was encouraging, informed, concise and kind (remember I'm all about the relationship). In some ways, I couldn't believe how simple he made it for me, so I clarified with him 2 times! In each rresponse, he remained professional, encouraging, and helpful. It was a dream come true. A technology for therapists that thrive in relationships. A responder that spoke a technology language that I understood. Someone that wanted me to be successful in building my management system. In this age of nameless, faceless interactions, I really felt like "Will" was there to not just answer a question, but to help me be successful in my business.

Pros: Responsive customer support.
Appointment reminders .
Client portal for intake paperwork and billing.
Nice visual interface.
Intuitive.
Built in credit card processing.
Intake paperwork forms that are built for therapy offices.

Cons: Nothing I've identified, yet.

by SimplePractice on 15/07/2016

Heather, this made our day! We love everything you said. We exist because we want to help our customers focus on the work they love and not have to worry about the busy work. We're here for you! Thanks for joining our growing SimplePractice community!

• Reviewed on 13/07/2016
Alla S.
psychologist
  • Reviewed on 27/06/2019

"getting started"

Comments: So far, so good. I just started in private practice and there's a lot to do and learn. When I couldn't figure something out, I was able to get instantaneous support via live chat and very quickly over email.

Pros: It's easy to play around and learn how the software works, you can always delete and start over, which is a helpful way of learning for me. I also found the mobile app very easy to use so I can do my session notes from anywhere very quickly.

Cons: If you update something billing related for a client from a session on the calendar, it doesn't apply to previous sessions, just the ones going forward.

by SimplePractice on 10/07/2019

Alla, thanks for your positive review and helpful feedback. Welcome to SimplePractice - we're glad you chose us as your all-in-one practice management solution. - Gillian from SimplePractice

• Reviewed on 27/06/2019
Carolyn V.
Clinical Psychologist
  • Reviewed on 27/08/2019

"Great option for solo practice"

Pros: I love that the software is intuitive, and I appreciate the tutorials, classes, and calls with SP reps as new practices are getting started.

Cons: Although I've used SP for years as an employee of a practice, I'm still learning the administrative end of things as a new solo practice. I can't really speak to specific dislikes yet since the software seems highly customizable.

by SimplePractice on 04/09/2019

Carolyn, thanks for your positive review. It's great to see that you were able to connect with our Success team for a smooth transition to SimplePractice. Welcome to our Community. - Gillian from SimplePractice

• Reviewed on 27/08/2019
Penny Y.
Owner/Counselor
Mental Health Care, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/11/2019

"Almost Hit's the Mark"

Comments: I haven't imported my data from the old program yet. Im still trying to find a way to write reports that auto generate the number of sessions since last report, the fees owed and the client status. The overall experience is that SimplePractice is attentive until you need something, To get dismissed during the first one on one with a Simple Practice has made me a little worrisome about customer service. Besides the one on one session and lack of report options, i think this program will be an asset to those who don't report to third party supervision.

Pros: This software has everything you need to generate the needed client paperwork. Its easy to personalize the provided forms and it sends you notifications when something is not done

Cons: The report selection is minimal and unable to customize to my business needs. We work a lot with courts, employers and attorneys who like weekly to monthly updates of the clients. This program is unable to provide me with the most important aspect of the service i offer since clients will go to jail if the reports are not received. When talking with my one on one service consultant. I was told this must not be the program I need. Its sad to find something so close to everything I need and hear there is nothing they can do to help with that one issue. I have a data base now that I use who program is awful and childish but they are able to create the reports I need. Its sad this program is missing the one thing i need more than anything.

• Reviewed on 20/11/2019
Sterling Z.
Psychologisy
  • Reviewed on 28/06/2019

"Overall a solid product, but needs to streamline some of the workflow"

Comments: I like it over-all, and would recommend it, however I strongly suggest you do in-dept testing for your specific needs (not just a cursory check how notes and scheduling work).

Pros: The lay out is clean and easy to understand for many functions/processes.
30-day trial was very helpful.
The face-to-face video support for on-boarding was top-notch.
The phone app (while it needs work) is a great tool; uploading an image from your phone is a time-saver.

Cons: Many of the functions/processes are buried in the hierarchy, or feel tack-on.
The architecture has significant limitations for a single-person practitioner who has multiple sources of income--in part because notes and payment are tied to the schedule timeline.
The auto-spell over-rides most (mental health care) industry accepted abbreviations.
APP: The app has the feature you mostly need, but it's easy to get lost navigating in the schedule time line (because the current date is not marked for your relative position).

by SimplePractice on 02/07/2019

Sterling, thanks for your comprehensive review. Autocorrect isn't a native feature of SimplePractice - this is part of your browser, and can be toggled on and off. If you'd ever like assistance in using SimplePractice for your specific practice needs, don't hesitate to reach out to our Success team through the red Help bubble so our team can assist. We're here to help. - Gillian from SimplePractice

• Reviewed on 28/06/2019
Ellen G.
  • Reviewed on 31/08/2018

"New to SimplePractice; Very pleased and would highly recommend"

Comments: My experience has been exceptional and I will recommend this software hands-down to anyone who is starting their own practice!

Pros: SimplePractice has named its business well. I truly feel that it has made my journey as a new private practice owner so simple. I have appreciated the ease of sending clients my paperwork through the client portal feature. I also love the integration of Stripe for credit card processing; with AutoPay I don't have to lift a finger to get paid each evening. Superbills, invoices, and statements are very easy to generate on the spot for clients. The scheduling component also has a clean look. I also really like the automated text reminders to clients. In my first month of business, I've zero no-shows or late cancels. In what could have been a very stressful transition to becoming a new private practice owner, SimplePractice truly eased my mind.

Cons: In the future I would like a better option for scheduling family counseling for siblings. Right now the software has great features for individual and couples sessions, but not to add family members (at the moment I have to treat family members like a couple and make sure my coding is accurate on their statements). Additionally, creating some of my own intake forms took a while with the way that is featured in the software but I do appreciate that I have the ability to even create my own forms.

by SimplePractice on 29/10/2018

Ellen, we're so pleased to hear that you find SimplePractice to be a good fit for your practice. Congratulations on a full month without no-shows or late cancels! We're working hard on introducing new features that will make it easier for you to schedule groups and families, and features that will make working with couples and groups even easier. Thanks for choosing SimplePractice - we're glad to have you as part of our community.

• Reviewed on 31/08/2018
Jean C.
Sole Practitioner
  • Reviewed on 24/07/2019

"Intuitive"

Pros: This software is so easy to navigate and figure out. You can easily undo any "mistake," so trying different selections is not scary. The tutorials are easy to follow and the support service emails are timely. I tried a different well-rated software, but it was too much for just one practitioner. The price on this software can't be beat. It would have cost me 3 times as much on other software. There is also a lot that comes with the price, unlike the others that have a basic low price and then nickel and dime you for each additional service.

Cons: I haven't billed insurance with it yet, so I can't speak to that. Other than that, I am really pleased with what I've been using so far.

by SimplePractice on 26/07/2019

Jean, thanks for your glowing review. It's great to see that you're pleased with your experience with SimplePractice so far. - Gillian from SimplePractice

• Reviewed on 24/07/2019
Jenna F.
Counselor
2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/07/2016

"Fantastic! Totally worth every penny"

Comments: My experience has been very positive as this software is catered to meet the needs of my private practice as a counselor. It addresses many of the components of running a practice that therapists find daunting. Just for the sheer support in these areas, this software system is worth it.

Pros: The customer support / help support is a clear stand out. No need to feel intimidated about learning because they offer layers of support- classes, video webinars, articles, daily q & a and I suppose I could call- haven't had the need. Another stand out for me is how it is designed with a private practice therapist in mind, which is fantastic not to have a lot of 'guess work' or having to adjust something else to work for me. Their professionalism in upholding our ethical and legal standards puts me at ease and would be reason alone to give simple practice a look. Also...NO PAPER! That's just fantastic.

Cons: There is a learning curve (depending on your comfort level with technology, it could be larger than others). That's the biggest con. Fortunately there is a one month free trial (they don't even ask for your credit card information during that time) and during that month there are plenty of supports to help teach you the system and have time to practice with it. There are a few more minor adjustments that can't be edited because of the system, but no big deal at all. It's fantastic.

by SimplePractice on 15/07/2016

So happy to hear this Jenna! We're really glad that SimplePractice works for you. We're here to make things simple!

• Reviewed on 07/07/2016
Kirsten H.
  • Reviewed on 27/12/2019

"Great for Insurance Billing"

Comments: Overall, I am happy with Simple Practice and feel it is a good value for the money. I went with Simple Practice b/c I wanted to simplify the insurance billing process as much as possible and that part really is great! The platform, overall, is pretty intuitive and easy to navigate. There is plenty of support available in videos or chat/email. They also have some live webinars on various topics which help you get started.

Pros: What I like most about this software is the way it simplifies insurance billing, and frankly, that is what swung me to use Simple Practice over other EHRs. Many other EHR's allow you to fill out a 1500 form, but then you need to download them and upload them to an insurance clearinghouse. With Simple Practice you can submit insurance claims directly from the software. Also, if you are enrolled in electronic ERA's with insurance companies, payment reports are submitted to Simple Practice and payments don't need to be manually added for claims.

Cons: It's a decent software for dietitians, but its not optimized for dietitians as its slanted more towards therapists. It doesn't have some of the nifty things likes food/exercising logging apps that some of the other dietitian specific EHR's have. I wish it had an integrated fax so I could fax client's doctors progress notes. Since, I have a long initial intake form, I had some difficulty moving questions around when customizing the electronic intake form (it kept displacing questions when I moved things around). It also would be nice if there was a way to categorize handouts into folders in the client portal, so client handouts could be more organized (its just a list of handouts).

• Reviewed on 27/12/2019
Lauren settle, C.
Mental Health Counselor
  • Reviewed on 24/09/2018

"Simple Practice"

Comments: I am happy I made the switch to Simple Practice!

Pros: I really like that it's all-inclusive. Once you get the hang of how the system works it seems as if it really does have all you need in one place.
I also like that you can send automatic reminders, run credit cards automatically, etc. I believe this will continue to save me lots of time in the long-run. Which is what I love the most about it! That allows me to spend more time with my kiddo once I am home instead of worrying about doing admin stuff.

Cons: 1. As a potential customer, I had multiple questions and it was really hard to find how to get in touch with someone. It frustrated me to the point where I almost just didn't sign up. After I signed up though they've seemed really willing to help if you had questions.
2. There are a few things I don't love - like as I've scheduled a telehealth client it doesn't show up on the calendar as my in-person sessions do. I also wish the calendar was a little more flexible with booking times, rather than choosing on the hour or half hour. I haven't allowed clients to book online yet themselves because I can have more flexibility when I do it in person.
3. I'd love to see if include a feature for bookkeeping, rather than having to also purchase something like QuickBooks.

by SimplePractice on 30/10/2018

Lauren, it's great to see your positive review. We're glad that SimplePractice is saving you time that you can then spend with your family. Did you know you can reach us any time through the red Help bubble in your account? If you're still having trouble seeing your Telehealth appointments on the calendar, try checking the drop-down Office Location menu at the top of the calendar to ensure you're viewing all locations. We're here to help - please don't hesitate to reach out if we can assist with anything at all.

• Reviewed on 24/09/2018
M W.
  • Reviewed on 30/03/2015

"Can't believe I didn't do this sooner..."

Comments: I am going full-time in my private practice right now, and in this transition process I did a LOT of research about practice management software programs. I narrowed my search down from 9 to a final 4 (Simple Practice, Therapy Notes, Theranest, and Therasoft). What really sold me on Simple Practice were two things: the client intake portal and flexible pricing. The client intake portal is simply incredible! You can use their ready-made forms or customize them to your own individual needs. With only a few clicks you register a client, which sends them a link to fill out the forms online. Then you get an email when they've completed the forms and the information is automatically placed into the client's chart. This includes office policies, HIPPA, agreement for services, full intake questionnaire, and payment/insurance information as well. Amazing! No more printing paper forms, copying insurance cards, or scanning things to upload to the file later. This seriously makes my life so much easier. The flexible pricing is nice because I can have full functionality now, at the basic level, but I can upgrade to process insurance claims once I have more clients coming in through their insurance plans. And now there's also the possibility to upgrade for online scheduling and secure emailing once my practice fills up! I think the online scheduling in particular is going to save me from all the time spent back-and-forth emailing or calling with clients trying to reschedule their appointments. More things I love about Simple Practice:
- Easy credit card payment processing. Just a few clicks and the money is deposited directly into my account. No more invoicing or spending session time swiping a card.
- Sync with Google Calendar.
- Easy scheduling and rescheduling appointments.
- Automatic appointment reminders sent to clients, however they wish to receive them (text, email, voicemail)
- Auto-populating insurance forms and tracking of claim reimbursement (Admittedly I haven't been able to test this yet, but I'm sure it works just as well as everything else does with this software.)
- Great customer service. I emailed about an issue syncing my calendar and I heard back very quickly with a resolution.
I really do wish that I had been using this software even when I was only part-time in my practice. It definitely would've been worth the money for the amount of time it saves doing the mundane business tasks of running a therapy practice.

• Reviewed on 30/03/2015
Rebekah D.
Counselor
  • Reviewed on 09/04/2020

"Simple Practice is a Life Saver"

Comments: I save so much time and money by using Simple Practice! I am super grateful especially for HIPAA approved telehealth platform, especially right now, during the COVID-19 pandemic, when telehealth is all we can do if we are to keep working!

Pros: I love how easy to use Simple Practice is! My billing, client scheduling, and client notes are all electronic, safe, and secure! I so appreciate that my clients can schedule themselves online and I save so much time of communicating back and forth about appointment times.

Cons: I don't have many complaints about Simple Practice, but I think the app needs improvement. I don't like that on the app, I don't have access to client notes and several other important features.

• Reviewed on 09/04/2020
Stacey S.
SLP/Owner
  • Reviewed on 25/10/2019

"Simple Practice Review"

Comments: This software meets these needs for me: organization of scheduling, patient information, documentation, billing, and company records all in one central location. This frees me from the constraints of organizing and storing files and paperwork along with a fleet of non-billable staff to organize and maintain all of these necessary components.

Pros: I like the high quality of the documentation already provided, the ease of scheduling and appointment reminders, the ability to communicate with families via secure messaging so that I have confidence in the confidentiality of our interactions, the ease of invoicing and tracking billing and payments, the ability to link stripe payments into the payment system to reduce time with data entry and information upload, and the help area and training videos that provide easy to follow instructions to learn the most effective and efficient use of the system without a huge expenditure of time and research to get things up and running.

Cons: The calendar view seems a bit restrictive. Appointment blocks look small and available openings are a bit hard to see. I’m having trouble understanding the implantation of color coding and being a visual person, I like changes in color to reflect session status such as: planned, billed, documented, reimbursed to each have a different color associated to reflect status of each visit at a glance. Everything else is great!

• Reviewed on 25/10/2019
Tamera R.
Owner/Clinicial Director/Psychotherapist
Mental Health Care, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/11/2018

"Not the best but not the worst...."

Comments: I have not realized any real benefits yet, I am going to give it a chance for a couple of months and if I don't experience any improvements I will move on.

Pros: I like that there is calendar sync with various calendar programs. I like that the reminders come in three different ways and are included. I like the simplicity of the scheduling system. I like that telehealth is integrated.

Cons: I do not like that you can not have telehealth for only the specific counselors in a practice who will actually be using it, it gets very expensive to pay for a service that not everyone is using just to have it for one or two providers. I do not like that you cant color code the appointments. I do not like that you can not have online groups and that there is no screen share which requires me to pay for another service to do individual sessions which require screen share and to conduct groups. I do not like how expensive the credit card processing is and that you are limited to Stripe. I am very frustrated that there is not telephone support and that you have to wait hours to get an email reply. I would have chosen Therapy Notes hands down if it weren't for the virtual appointment option that Simple Practice has integrated.

by SimplePractice on 16/11/2018

Tamera, we want to make sure your experience with SimplePractice is as positive as possible. You can reach out to me directly at [email protected] - I'd be happy to walk through your concerns together and find workflows that work better for you. Let me know if that's an option you'd like to pursue. We're here to help.

• Reviewed on 05/11/2018
Tracy H.
MA | LMHCA | CCTP
  • Reviewed on 28/08/2019

"Outstanding & Responsive Support from SimplePractice"

Comments: A tremendous PRO about SimplePractice has been the responsiveness from their service side. Ranging from technical challenges to promotional flexibility. I have found them to be EXCELLENT. When I've submitted a request I am responded to immediately as well as when I've made requests for adjustments to my account I have been heard and my requests have often been resolved to my satisfaction.

Pros: Similar to all software, there is a learning curve to understand the "clicks" and "how to navigate" the functionality. Once you get used to the "clicks"then it's very flexible software for users to customize around their business or just use "off the shelf."

Cons: My one "wish" list request, if you want to call it a "con", would be for SimplePractice to open up their credit card relationship with the current vendor partner and allow others to be used. While I understand the importance of partnerships, I also would like the option to be able to use "other" credit card vendors for billing purposes.

by SimplePractice on 04/09/2019

Tracy, we're so glad to have had you as a customer the past few years. It's great to hear that you've had a positive experience working with our Success team. Thank you for continuing to choose SimplePractice for your practice. - Gillian from SimplePractice

• Reviewed on 28/08/2019
Nadirah M.
Therapist, LMFTA
Individual & Family Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 25/07/2019

"Nadirah SimplePractice Review"

Comments: I have had great experience with SimplePractice. I like that I can continue my practice without paying excessive rent for office space.

Pros: I like it is an all in one virtual office. The Telehealth video allows me to visit with client even while traveling.Collecting payment is less of a hassle. Love the client portal such appointment reminders, al of the required forms, such as confidentiality, can be emailed to client. You can add the link to your website. I like the virtual office so far.

Cons: The pros outweighs the cons. I like to call for assistance and get an immediate answer. The assistance is email based. Sometimes, the profile can get cumbersome, especially when you have occurring appointments with the same clients.

by SimplePractice on 26/07/2019

Nadirah, thank you for your positive review! It's great to hear that you're finding even more flexibility and profit in a virtual office powered by SimplePractice. - Gillian from SimplePractice

• Reviewed on 25/07/2019
Marisa B.
Nurse Practitioner
Hospital & Health Care, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 14/12/2019

"Great for private practice"

Pros: Simple Practice was easy to set up and use. I like being able to access some features from mobile and directly integrate with telehealth, which works very well. Billing is fairly straightforward and I prefer Stripe fees to what I was previously using (Square). The client portal is user-friendly and allows me to sustain a paperless office. I do not bill insurance so I cannot comment on those integrations.

Cons: Simple Practice lacks some functionality for prescribers, including e-prescribing, ordering labs, easy documenting of medications and some medical information. There are easy enough workarounds, but some additions geared towards prescribers would make this product ideal. One other complaint is not being able to screen clients before making an appointment.

• Reviewed on 14/12/2019
Myriam S.
Owner and Clinical Therapist
  • Reviewed on 12/08/2019

"All-in-One EHR"

Pros: I love that Simple Practice offers all features needed to make a mental health business run smoothly! From client portal, to integrated billing, and the teletherapy feature is such a great bonus. I do admit that it is a little bit of a learning curve to learn all of the tools available, but it is worth the time. Also, they have great tutorial videos to teach how to use each feature. Custumer service is also prompt to return e-mails, within 1-2 business days.

Cons: There is so much that this tool can do, so it is a bit overwhelming at first glance. Claims and Credit Card processing fees are a bit more than the competitor Therapy Notes, but I believe that the integration of all the services makes it worthwhile. One thing that I am noticing, is that it's tricky to view upcoming appointments, other than by visiting the calendar. I would love a tab to see all upcoming appointments for each client, without having to leave the client tab and go to the calendar view.

by SimplePractice on 13/08/2019

Myriam, thanks for your positive review. We're glad that you have found that SimplePractice offers everything you need to run your mental health business smoothly. Thanks for choosing us - we're proud to support the work you do. - Gillian from SimplePractice

• Reviewed on 12/08/2019
Chelsea M.
Therapist
  • Reviewed on 23/01/2019

"2019 Review"

Comments: Up to this point it' been beneficial.

Pros: I was already using this software in a group practice and since I was familiar with the program and found it easy to use, I incorporated the same software for my independent practice. Right now I am using the basic features of scheduling, uploading documents, and storing notes for my independent practice. However, I know we take it a step further in my group practice by using the billing features for insurance. Although I haven't needed to contact customer support at this point, they were sending me messages in the beginning checking in to see how I was adjusting. They also have self-help videos along the way to assist. Of all the forums I've read on best software to use, SimplePractice is always highly recommend.

Cons: Sometimes a client's copay/payment isn't always correct when on the calendar and having the brief overview box appear after clicking their name. I always go to their specific chart to check.

by SimplePractice on 25/01/2019

Chelsea, we¿re so glad to hear that you¿re enjoying using SimplePractice so far - we¿re glad that you chose to stick with us when you went from your group practice to a private practice.

• Reviewed on 23/01/2019
Marquitta F.
Provisionally Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist
  • Reviewed on 29/10/2019

"Very User Friendly and Clean"

Comments: Overall I am very happy with this software. It works well, and looks amazing! I’m sure I’ll be using this for years to come.

Pros: I was attracted to the interface of Simple Practice which is the main reason why I checked out the free trial. After using it, I can’t decide what may favorite features are! I love the online booking request option, the option to create your own forms and paperwork, as well as the option to easily create super bills and CMS forms.

Cons: What I liked least was how complicated it was to transfer clients from a previous simple practice account. I wish there was an export import option easier than the one that is there currently.

• Reviewed on 29/10/2019
General Partner
Facilities Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 22/08/2018

"Student's perspective"

Comments: Because I have multiple intern sites, I can easily manage my case files from either location and that is a huge plus for me. I have not yet had the need for several of the functions available such as billing insurance, but it looks just as simple as everything else and I expect it will be as easy as the insurance providers allow.

Pros: I love that the software is all inclusive and compliant. As a student doing an internship, I don't necessarily have access to the resources of a big established practice. Once my internship is complete, I expect to be able to simply make a few profile changes and move right into my own practice with the software. As a student, every penny counts, and the monthly charge is manageable for me.

Cons: My least favorite feature is that website function. I understand why you wouldn't want to change your client portal URL on a whim, but once I am ready to start my own practice, it looks like I will have to create a new account to update my client portal URL which is a bit of a bummer.

by SimplePractice on 31/08/2018

Hi there, thanks so much for your positive review! We're glad you find SimplePractice all-inclusive and compliant. We can actually unlock your Client Portal URL on our end easily - just shoot us a message through the Help bubble when you are ready to start your own private practice, and we can get it updated for you. Thanks for choosing us, and best of luck in your internship!

• Reviewed on 22/08/2018
Alyssa W.
Executive Director
  • Reviewed on 16/10/2017

"Easy to use, simplified our paperwork process, streamlines our entire practice."

Comments: It saves our practice time, less money spent on office supplies, and easy chart organization.

Pros: Our group likes keeping things paper free (for the most part) by completing intakes, chart notes, contact notes, and initial paperwork online. It saves us time when parents can do paperwork online and we don't have to worry about them mailing in forms or taking time to fill them out in the room with us. Secure messaging makes it easy to touch base with clients and assist with scheduling. Online scheduling reduces our time spent on the phone to reschedule folks. It's great to be able to keep everything in one place whether it's designed in the SP templates, or we upload our own stuff, it's still all right there.

Cons: The group features could use a little love. We have interns in our practice, and currently, they are not able to send notes to the supervisor without locking them (which means they are no longer able to edit). This feature would save us time (we found a workaround but it does take effort). Also, the administrator has to turn on/off secure messaging and it would be great for clinicians to be able to make these choices. The treatment plan is also not customizable and the format currently used does not meet our needs. It takes extra time to upload treatment plans (as we do not use the SP version) however at least we have that capability!

by SimplePractice on 03/11/2017

Hi Alyssa - Welcome to the SimplePractice community! It's great to hear that using SimplePractice has helped your practice move towards being paperless!

• Reviewed on 16/10/2017