About SimplePractice

Make the switch today to see why 100,000+ health and wellness entrepreneurs trust SimplePractice to run their business.

Learn more about SimplePractice

Pros:

SimplePractice is so easy to use and the customer service is wonderful & quick.

Cons:

The one feature I have been having trouble with is regarding the recent update adding Couple profiles.

SimplePractice ratings

4.5

8.8/10

SimplePractice has an overall rating of 4.6 out 5 stars based on 2,473 user reviews on Capterra.

Filter reviews (2,473)

Product Rating

Product Rating

Usage

Sort by

Have you used SimplePractice before?

Amanda G.
Amanda G.
Program Director in US
Hospital & Health Care, 2-10 Employees

Simple Practice saved me!

5 2 years ago

Comments: Truly a lifesaver. I feel like I am not a business person, but simple practice simplifies so many aspects of this.

Pros:

I love all of the things that the developers decided to incorporate in this platform. You can upload your business documents, any documents relevant to your client records and so much more. I have created questionnaires that are specific to my practice so that I can gather data upfront and this prevents me from missing out on money. I love the integration for scheduling appointments, telehealth and billing and invoicing. If you want to streamline your practice, this is for you.

Cons:

Clients cannot pay partial balances in their client portal yet, those payments have to be taken in the office.

2 years ago

Amanda, thanks for your positive review. We're proud to give you the back office you need to run a professional practice. Please don't hesitate to reach out if there's any additional feedback you have. - Gillian from SimplePractice

Mark senyo A.
Head of Department in Ghana
Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 Employees

simplifies all processes to a level that allows us to focus on actual client care

5 7 months ago

Comments: Simple practice was introduced to me and my [SENSITIVE CONTENT] during a medical conference we attended during the early stages of setting up our private practice. Thankfully, it came at a time when we were still developing our core processes and workflows, so it was able to shape our systems right from the very beginning.

Pros:

Simple Practice is very easy to learn and get comfortable using. All the various features easily link up to others that follow or proceed in the logical process of service delivery, making product navigation extremely user friendly and smooth.

Cons:

The period allowed for the free trial is a bit short and does not allow potential buyers enough time to test all the core elements before having to make a decision on whether to purchase or not.

Brittney G.
Licensed Professional Counselor in US
Hospital & Health Care, Self Employed

Lovely!

5 2 months ago New

Pros:

A ton of features come with this software; I love having the ability to see clients, exchange paperwork, take payments, and manage my administrative duties all in one program.

Cons:

The video capabilities could use some updating. There is not screenshare option as of yet.

Catherine R.
Licensed Mental Health Counselor in US
Mental Health Care, Self Employed

SimplePractice increased prices AND took away features...

1 2 weeks ago New

Comments: Very poor. While the service sounded great to start, they blindsided their customers and have provided an underwhelming response to our concerns. I specifically wrote them regarding the rate increases and was provided a copy/paste response (which was already published elsewhere). It wasn't personalized and it most certainly didn't address my concerns. I would caution all who are considering using SimplePractice as their EHR. This company has increased prices multiple times in the course of 2 years with the latest being the most significant. They don't deliver on promises and they could care less about caring for those using their platform.

Pros:

I've used SimplePractice as my EHR for a couple years. I liked it. It was easy to use. However, they announced rate increases that begin in March 2022. Their announcement was sent out less than 2 months in advance which doesn't feel like enough time for the customer to make a decision on which new plan to use or switch systems.

Cons:

They are a shady and money hungry company. They don't actually listen to customer feedback that results in any improvements or changes. They promise future improvements, but nothing comes to fruition. My subscription cost has a 77% increase if I want to keep some of the same features while losing some of the features I currently have. It is a 154% increase if I want to keep ALL of the same features I currently have and gain a few features that I don't really need and have no use for. Due to that outrageous price increase, I have to look elsewhere for my needs.

Nichole M.
Founder, Clincian in US
Mental Health Care, Self Employed

Love this practice management system and it keeps getting better

5 4 months ago

Comments: Simple Practice is an all one solution for small private practices- it's not only a user friendly electronic health record, but an insurance billing platform, staff tracking if you have independent contractors or employees, secure messaging system, telehealth platform, source for quality continuing ed, weekly inspiration, revenue tracking, and all the tools you need for a easy digital client onboarding process.

Pros:

As an experienced clinician and small private practice administrator I find this software easy to use and the SP team really does take user feedback seriously and updates and adds features regularly. The roll outs of changes are thoughtful, with good lead times, and always a net improvement in user experience (so far). Reports are detailed enough for me to keep an eye on revenue, independent contractor services, and I can easily update forms and communicate with team members and clients confidentially. Also, online scheduling and the Client portal make client onboarding a breeze without hiring a receptionist.

Cons:

I wish I could run reports based on services provided and/or detail of services provided to clients with specific payors.

Joy P.
Owner, Therapist in US

Comprehensive Software for my Solo Practice

5 8 months ago

Comments: I tried a number of different software platforms, and SimplePractice was the most comprehensive and easy to use.

Pros:

The Calendar is easy to use and the Client Portal is very convenient for clients to complete paperwork.

Cons:

The Video Telehealth option did not include key features and was expensive and nagivation of creating forms was difficult

Jason D.
Owner & Lead Clinician in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees

Recent Price Hike of 50% Unreasonable

4 3 weeks ago New

Comments: Simple Practice recently increased their prices by 50%. They state you can customize your subscription yet require you to use and pay for: Telehealth, Monarch (their marketing platform), Professional Website Through SP, and the Wiley Treatment Planner. These are not optional. And these are options I will never use but will be charged for them monthly. Terrible decisions by the powers that be to increase the rates by 50% and not allow practice owners to opt out of options they will not use but will still be required to pay for. Unfortunately, I will be leaving Simple Practice for another EHR platform as a result.

Pros:

Easy to use, can create your own forms, etc.

Cons:

No customer service and the recent rate hike of 50% is causing me to leave Simple Practice

Jason S.
Jason S.
Individual & Family Services, 2-10 Employees

Great Service, Greedy Company

4 2 weeks ago New

Comments: Raising my fees 150% to keep two critical features (appointment reminders and calendar sync) that I already have. Never experienced such price gouging with any other service or product. Even oil companies aren't this greedy. Only gave me two months notice. On principle, I will have to switch to a new EHR and will never recommend this company unless they rethink their 2022 revisions to payment plans.

Pros:

The platform is great, super user friendly with many features that are incredibly labor-saving.

Cons:

I have not been able to set up accurate accounting, and must do it separately with an Excel spreadsheet, but this is minor.

Laura S.
Project Manager in US
Internet, Self Employed

SimplePractice is a great tool

5 2 months ago New

Comments: I liked using it as a user and as an admin. I do think there needs to be more options for roles on a team because if you aren't an admin, your user experience is going to be extremely limited. I also think they should bring back 24/7 chat support which they had pre-pandemic. Their official Facebook group they pointed to often had quicker help responses than their own customer service team.

Pros:

Lots of great features, patients were able to self-schedule.

Cons:

The billing section has a lot to be desired. When speaking to insurance companies about a billed session, it was difficult to find information needed about the patient.

Monica M.
Occupational Therapist in US

It's really THAT simple.

5 4 weeks ago New

Pros:

It is extremely user friendly. It allows easy and quick access to patient information. The website design is clear and concise.

Cons:

I wish there was a more convenient way to communicate with patients through the software. But this really isn't a huge issue. A chat room would also be a nice bonus. Maybe my organization just does not have it

Debbie O.
Speech Language Pathologist in US
Medical Practice, 2-10 Employees

Overall

5 4 months ago

Comments: Simplepractice is an all-in-one HIPAA-compliant program that has been life-changing regarding the management of my practice. It has allowed me significantly more time to treat patients and less time with administrative tasks such as generating paper claims and statements. Initially, there was an incredible learning curve when my previous practice management program did not cooperate in assisting with the transfer of a large amount of data. Simplepractice allowed me the extra time needed beyond the 30-day trial period to manually enter the data. I am so thankful to know about Simplepractice.

Pros:

-Completely HIPAA compliant -I now prepare and submit claims within minutes and know almost immediately of any errors or need for resubmission -Electronic claims submissions result in the quick return of payments -Collections are minimal with the ability to process payments with the internal credit card company -Charting progress notes is standardized and easy with a "load previous note" function -The compatibility with my phone and tablet is wonderful, especially with the dictation to text function -I can develop my own forms specific to the needs of my specialty -Patients easily access the friendly portal and quickly complete and return office forms -Support through chat, email, shared audio/visual screen, and now phone is timely with knowledgeable and friendly representatives

Cons:

-The program only allows for one supervisor per intern and is not amenable to a satisfactory work around -All therapist's calendars are visible to all team members -Lacks functional use of invoices as most know them -Cannot send group emails or notify the entire caseload of information to be shared by the practice

Jean J.
Owner/SLP/Consultant in US
Medical Practice, Self Employed

Simple Practice for SLP

4 4 months ago

Comments: Overall would recommend to anyone with a small practice who is willing to put the time/effort into creating their own templates.

Pros:

Overall this software is very intuitive. It's relatively easy to customize and I love having my documentation in billing all in one place for such a low cost. The customer services is exceptional. Anytime I have a question I simply send a message and link and I have a helpful response within 24 hours.

Cons:

As a pediatric SLP, I have had to create my own templates for pretty much everything due to insurance requirements and the nature of my assessment and treatment. This can be time consuming for sure. I would love to be able to use the telehealth software, but I really need to be able to give the kids remote control in order to keep them engaged and as far as I know that isn't a feature at this point. The billing can get confusing, but the customer service has been incredibly helpful with this and I feel it's mostly due to the complexity of the billing for that client more so than the software.

Claire M.
Consumer Services, Self Employed

Simplifies EVERYTHING

5 last year

Comments: Overall, it's been great! I was reluctant at first to pay what seemed like a lot of money at the time but they offer a world of information, tools, and resources to help with your business. It's a brilliant idea that is, for the most part, very well-executed.

Pros:

SP is great for having everything you need to run a practice in one place. I have an app on my phone that I can use to quickly check my schedule, send reminders to clients and cancel, change, or add appointments. They have a good "reports" option so that you can see outstanding invoices, insurance claims, etc. plus a number of other categories. I really love how easy SP makes it to submit insurance claims. I don't want to do that by hand nor do I want to hire someone to do it for me so I really appreciate that. I like that clients can request appointments and that all of their info is in one place. SP was very quick to respond to COVID and I appreciate the HIPAA compliant telehealth platform they created during the pandemic at no additional charge. They have extensive training videos but I am mostly self-taught as that's how I learn best. They also offer pretty good CEU classes for not much money about a variety of topics. And, if you're like me and find it hard to sit for the entire class at once, they will email you reminders that you have unfinished classes which is always helpful.

Cons:

It is very difficult to actually speak to customer service. I spend a LOT of time typing in questions and then wading through what others have also asked about and the answers they got. Real time waster since we all word the issues differently so you get many irrelevant answers to try to parse. Half the time I can't remember how to get someone to actually chat with me - when they do it seems to work fine but can also be cumbersome depending on what the issue is.

Alicia K.
Alicia K.
Occupational Therapist in US

One Place for all of Your Electronic Medical Record Needs

5 last year

Comments: I am a pediatric occupational therapist and have been very happy with Simple Practice. I would recommend it to anyone. I have also used this software as a client and it's very client-friendly. The passwordless login makes it easy to login, I like the appointment reminders by text and email. I have used the telehealth feature as a client, but not as a therapist. It doesn't work well for evaluations because of the way documents are formatted, so I write those and my plan of care forms/goals on a separate document outside of SP.

Pros:

You can bill insurance with the click of a button. I love being able to make my own forms so documentation is more efficient, and the paperless intake process is smooth. Much of it is very customizable to the needs of your practice. The company is very receptive to feedback from users and is constantly upgrading and adding features.

Cons:

There was a learning curve to figure it out and I'm still learning about all of the reports they can run. I don't like the online scheduling feature very much, but that's partly because I'm used to using Acuity Scheduling which has many more features. I used the online scheduler briefly and wasn't thrilled that only new clients could use the online booking feature from the website; current clients have to login to the portal to schedule. I decided to just stick with Acuity because it allows me to get information from clients at the time of their booking and I can use it to schedule groups, which is a big part of my practice.

Daren C.
Mental Health Care, 2-10 Employees

Great Overall, but Their Settings Menu Needs Work

4 2 years ago

Comments: My experience has been good overall. I think they make a lot of aspects of treatment easy which is good given their name. I don't like very many EHR's in the world because all they care about is practice management and are pretty terrible for high-volume clinical tasks - which makes them indirectly quite expensive in terms of labor to use. I think SimplePractice is a good balance between the two - though their reporting and practice management is still pretty weak.

Pros:

I really like their balance between practice management and clinical documentation for a small practice, as well as the degree of customization for forms and documents. Their portal is pretty easy for clients to use (I rarely get people having trouble with it). I like their booking widget for my website. The telehealth video/audio quality is very good. Their help database is one of the better ones I've seen, lots of great articles and clear instructions that seems to be kept up to date.

Cons:

Their settings menu is not intuitive and you have to hunt around to find the setting you are looking for. CEU offerings are not on topics of interest to me. Their clearinghouse doesn't have one of the carriers I need. Reporting and practice management tools are weak. Their paid therapist collaboration group where potentially sensitive information is discussed is hosted by Facebook (perhaps the most untrustworthy and unethical software company on the planet) AND they charge us to be invited to participate on a platform that doesn't cost SimplePractice any money to host other than maybe some moderating? That doesn't align well with the brand reputation and quality of SimplePractice and isn't really a good value for the money (in my opinion).

David M.
Psychologist in US
Mental Health Care, Self Employed

The name of the software says it all.

5 2 years ago

Comments: Overall, I find Simple Practice to be just that, simple. It has all manner of features that I do not employ nor does it force me to jump through hoops I don't require. I might well use some of the bells and whistles at some point but the ease of doing just what I need to do in minimal time is it's major selling point for my practice.

Pros:

The EHR is simple, uncomplicated, and lets me get my work documented without fuss or having to click through various pages to record progress notes. Also, the names in the calendar appear as first, and last, as opposed to some gibberish assigned to each patient that I am forced to remember as my former EHR software required.

Cons:

The setting of the appointment time I find to be clunky. It defaults to the current time, which means I have to scroll to the correct time when I make an appointment for the patient. Yes, a minor issue but I wish there was some other way to ascribe an appointment time. I frequently return appointment requests in the evening. having the calendar time default to a PM time is a minor issue but I'm not fond of it. A minor quibble, but I need to be careful or I schedule someone for 8:00 PM when it should have been a morning appointment. I'll get used to it I am sure.

Erin F.
Owner, LPC, Alive Holistic Counseling. in US
Mental Health Care, 11-50 Employees

A step in the right direction for our group practice.

5 2 years ago

Comments: So far, very excited, very pleased with your customer service and overall happy that we made the jump from three separate software over to one. Please see the comments above, in regard to your calendar which -- is the main criticism for your software. I would be happy to follow up on my ideas via email. The overall cost for simple practice technically isn't saving us any money, but it is saving lots of time.

Pros:

I love how FAST and transparent the claims billing and processing experience is. It takes just moments to file and send information out to insurance companies. Whereas we used to have to manually work back and forth from various accounts when using our previous EHR program. I love the reporting features. We can cut out having to manually track information in excel sheets because Simple Practice makes it available to us at any time. This helps us to track claims, understand our financials and to keep on target with our clients' copays and claims. The dropdown menus featured, to pull up information on a specific clinician, and pull up their practice information, clients and more is SUCH a great feature for managing our group practice. Did I mention, that sending claims is easier than ever? - this ease alone is what has me and my team jumping for joy.

Cons:

I don't like your calendar. This is where things seem to go awry for myself and our clinicians. I think that you guys would benefit by updating and creating a much more user-friendly experience with more control and detail from the calendar. Before making the change to Simple Practice, our office utilized and paid for Acuity Scheduling. While we totally understand that things would naturally be different from one program to the other, we were, and continue to be baffled and very confused with your calendar programming. Especially using it as a group practice. The calendar is very unorganized, there really is no detail and it technically takes us 2-3 minutes longer to schedule new clients because you do not offer a drop-down box or mini-calendar to select from in order to see available times. I also cannot stand, the way that when you click in an availble slot in the day view, it defaults to the very minute -- 60 minute sessions need to begin on the hour, and when we are selecting the date, we are having to correct it from " 5:15 pm" to "5:00 pm". Managing therapists schedules is also a pain. I would like to see an overhaul to your calendar that features new availability designation, new appointment selection, and one that works based on the times and hours that each therapist states for their own schedule. I want to see more control int he calendar. End request: Create a much better, user friendly calendar!

Nicolais C.
Owner/Clinician in US
Mental Health Care, Self Employed

Great software - could use some simple features

5 2 years ago

Comments: Good. Some key features that I wish were present with billing graphics and information, which I mentioned in the cons section. If these upgrades/changes could be made, I would rate SimplePractice as excellent.

Pros:

I love the editable notes/forms and the online access! Client portal is also more streamlined and user friendly compared to competitors. Reports are nice and helpful for the most part. Free text and voice are nice (however you pay the difference with the higher cost of claim submission compared to competitors).

Cons:

The billing tabs are difficult to understand as they don’t seem to be graphically easy to understand where each invoice is being applied. Looking quickly at the billing tab, it looks as if I have twice as many invoices than I actually need and some invoices, invoice for a zero balance (or even before an insurance payment is made). This makes the billing harder to understand than some of SimplePractice’s top competitors. Also, I wish the reports would show overall totals of figures (I.e. insurance payments owed, client balances owed, etc.). These features allow me to look quickly at client balances and billing and get an idea of where billing sits very quickly, and again, is a feature with competitors. Being a one man office right now, theses features save valuable time and seem like easy fixes to the system. I also wish Simple Practice had phone support - just for the fact that time is valuable and I don’t want to wait to resolve an question.

Jennifer W.
Private Practice Psychotherapist in US

Satisfied with Current Services and Optimistic about Future Improvements

4 2 years ago

Comments: The primary reason I am using Simple Practice is for the insurance billing capabilities so I can make my life easier and not hire a biller.

Pros:

I love the overnight billing with auto-pay and the entirely digital intake and consent forms.

Cons:

I have encountered issues when trying to create insurance claims. Additionally, it is a bit pricey considering the fact that many of the offered services can be achieved through GSuite for $6 a month for HIPAA protected documentation and intake forms, and through Square Appointments (a service that comes free when Square is utilized for fee collection).

Braden D.
Behavioral Health Consultant in US

Excellent software, simple design

5 2 years ago

Comments: Overall it is the best software solution that I was able to find and I tested quite a few. The only other one that came close at a comparable price was Therapy Appointment but I found Simple Practice to be overall better. I do like it and really hope that they constantly improve the software to include the things I mentioned above. If they do then I do not see myself leaving Simple Practice for a long time.

Pros:

For me the best feature of this software is the online integration such as the client portal, the syncing with my google calendar, the video appointment capability, online scheduling, online bill payment, texting feature, automatic appointment reminders and easy online access to my EHR. I also like the simple modern design - this is what initially attracted me to simple practice. I have had good experience with customer service. Sometimes chat has been available but other times I've had to email them (but I wish chat was always available).

Cons:

I want more customization capability. Such as customizing what the client portal looks like (graphic design of the portal is lacking). Also would like to better customize the reminder and welcome emails, such as by being able to use rich text formatting. I would like to be able to customize discreet data fields in the EHR, such as being able to edit my demographics form to include things I want to track. And also be able to have discreet custom data fields such as to keep track of PHQ-9 scores or other biometric data I want to be able to track over time. I would also like to have faxing built into the software because I work closely with medical providers and this is their primary way of communicating with other providers. Also wish they would offer a different credit card processing vendor because Stripe is one of the most expensive ones I compared.

2 years ago

Thank you for your positive review, Braden. We're glad that SimplePractice is the solution you chose for your practice. - Gillian from SimplePractice

Heather K.
Clinical Social Worker in US

Not Bad, but I miss Epic

5 2 years ago

Comments: So far, I've only created templates, added clients, and input insurance information. I'm moving on to billing next week so I'll know more then. I would add that I really appreciated the half-hour in-person tutorial (via zoom) I received near the end of my trial period.

Pros:

There are many things I like about this EMR: the format is pleasing and (mostly) intuitive, the side bars are handy, and the trove of FAQ's and videos is astounding and often very helpful.

Cons:

The templates limit the user to certain forms and give fairly small boxes for narrative responses. I used to use EPIC and I miss being able to populate an open page with my template and add/adjust it as desired, like a Word document. I also wish the calendar allowed for more detail--like, a different color for intakes vs follow-up appointments would be really nice. Or, there could be a code before the client's name in the calendar slot--like, 'I - Jane Doe' and 'F - John Doe'. I also wish that the end time of the appts was more clear. I like to schedule a 15 min break between my appts and the "Weekly" view is definitely better than the "monthly" view for this, but still not as clear as I would like.

2 years ago

Heather, thank you for your positive review. We're glad that you've found a lot to like about SimplePractice. We're always working on improving SimplePractice to streamline your workflows even further - thank you for your suggestions of what you'd like to see in SimplePractice in the future. - Gillian from SimplePractice

Geoff G.
Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist in US
Hospital & Health Care, 2-10 Employees

Seamless transition, works exactly as described

5 2 years ago

Pros:

- Seamless transition from prior electronic medical record (EMR) to SimplePractice. Just great. - Everything works, and loads fast - UI is clear, intuitive - Features work really well, including the videoconferencing add-on. Just really great! Bottom line: It works exactly as described, was easy to set up, and really is a joy to use. Seriously.

Cons:

I have not found something I didn’t like yet. I have been using it for a few days since I set it up this week, and everything is working really well! No problems.

2 years ago

Geoff, welcome to the SimplePractice Community. We're glad that your transition to SimplePractice was seamless, and that you enjoy using our all-in-one practice management platform. - Gillian from SimplePractice

Michelle H.
CEO/Psychotherapist in US
Mental Health Care, 2-10 Employees

Super Easy for Solo Practitioners. Need Some Work for Group Practice Use.

4 2 years ago

Comments: In spite of the cons noted above (and I could have written more), Simple Practice is VERY good software and would actually kill the game so to speak if they fixed some of the flaws noted above as well as improving customer service. While I do like that why have not outsourced customer service to a foreign country like many others, the lack of phone support can be rather irritating. No one wants to send emails back and forth to resolve issues,

Pros:

Simple Practice really is super easy for the average user. It has a modern look and feel. In less than 60 seconds (52 seconds to be exact) you and create a new client, schedule and send intake forms to be electronically signed. Overall the system is pretty intuitive. I love that you can create your own document and forms. The template creator is fairly easy. I also like that clients can "request" an appointment, which I can approve or deny. Finally, the calendar has very robust features (even better than 'many' of the scheduling apps). Also this comment isnt about the software per se but about the company-- I truly appreciate the they encourage feedback and suggestions from their subscribers and take action on 'some' of the suggestions.

Cons:

Simple Practice takes a really long time to get enrollments with Medicaid & Medicare. They blame CMS but even CMS says it doesn't take months to get approved to bill though a clearinghouse (Yes, I know SP is not a clearinghouse). Secondary billing with is an absolutely nightmare. You literally have to do it manually--as in printing and mailing. I'm not really sure why but every single client I have with secondary insurance billing section is messed up. Allocating payments appropriately is a mystery and there is a 'special' way you have to do it which Ive never been able to grasp. The end result is no client with secondary insurance has a zero balance. Treatment Plans do not have electronic signatures, which is a great disappointment. While there is a template builder, it's not intended for Treatment Plans only Progress Notes. Technically you can create an ITP of your own liking but in order to see your ITP goals/objectives to write your notes, you MUST use one of their templates (creating double work). Simple Practice is now being marketed for use for Group Practices. I was disappointed to learn that if you have Interns or Intermediate/Pre-Licensed Clinicians while you can review and sign their notes, there is not notification of any kind. This mean the Intern/Pre-Licensed Clinicians would need to email the Supervisor which client notes to read either daily or weekly--which is simply ridiculous.

2 years ago

Michelle, thank you for your comprehensive review. We're glad to support your practice with our best-in-class practice management platform. We're constantly working on improving our platform, as you've pointed out in our review, and are looking forward to improving our functionality around secondary claims, documentation, and group practices. Thanks for being our customer over the years. - Gillian from SimplePractice

Victoria F.
Psychotherapist in US

Best Scope of Functionality for Price Out There

5 2 years ago

Pros:

I love all that I can do with Simple Practice. I was looking for a service that can house my client documents for my in-person private practice, teletherapy practice, and coaching business all in one. It makes the onboarding/intake process for new clients so streamlined and easy. It's so nice to have one less thing to worry about as a new small business owner. Customer support has been excellent. It feels great knowing I'll have help if I need it for something so essential to my business.

Cons:

Sometimes it's not that simple to use! But I think it speaks more to the breadth of options available than to the software itself. There's so much I could do with it, at times it is overwhelming.

2 years ago

Victoria, we appreciate your glowing review. Our goal is to support practices like yours so they can grow and thrive. Thanks for choosing SimplePractice as your all-in-one practice management platform. - Gillian from SimplePractice

Casey C.
LPC in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed

Overall great software that could use a few improvements

4 2 years ago

Comments: Overall, I have been happy with Simple Practice. I wanted a place I could handle paperwork, notes, billing, scheduling, and secure video and messaging--this has got it all. It's priced fairly, and so far has been more consistent than more expensive competitors. The support staff is helpful and quick to respond, but I would like to see clients have direct support access so that I am not having to be a middle person when they have technical issues. (I was told they try to limit client contact for privacy reasons, but with a BAA and informed consent in place, I don't see how privacy would be an issue.) The biggest change I would like to see is for clients to be able to upload and send documents. This is something I'd imagine multiple users would appreciate as many of us are offering telehealth and need to have a copy of each client's ID. Also, it would be more convenient for providers if clients could access their demographics so that the provider is not responsible for making changes whenever they'd like to opt in/out of text or email alerts. Finally, I'd like to see the consent documents moved out of the client portal and with the other forms so they are more easily accessible for updating.

Pros:

Mostly user-friendly, responsive and helpful customer support, customizable templates, clear video, easy client onboarding and billing, great value for the price

Cons:

Placement of consent documents is awkward and not intuitive. I would like the client to be able to send documents to me, access tech support, and change their demographic info and opt in/out choices.

2 years ago

Hi Casey, thanks for your positive review, and for calling SimplePractice a great value for the price. We're proud to provide an excellent product at a great value to private practices everywhere. Welcome to our community. - Gillian from SimplePractice