• Overall

About Unanet A/E

Unanet A/E is purpose-built ERP for A/E firms and offers Project Management, Business Intelligence, Financials, and more in one system.

Learn more about Unanet A/E

Product Rating

Product Rating

Usage

Sort by

Have you used Unanet A/E before?

Lauren J.
Lauren J.
Environmental Services, 11-50 Employees

Clearview Software Review - Infocus

5 3 years ago

Comments: I am extremely happy with Clearview Infocus. They have been amazing in their customer service department and help when I need it with trouble shooting. They have gotten better about adding tutorials and training modules, and even adding in person workshops to help expand my knowledge and learn more about the software. They are always listening to their customers and adding updates to include features their clients want to see.

Pros:

I like that the software is able to integrate all aspects of our business, from timesheets to expense reports, invoicing, and bill payment, etc. It is a one stop shop kind of software.

Cons:

The hardest part of the software is getting it to generate the reports you want if they are not already built into the system, if you want a custom report do you do need to know some sequel background to run a report. I have also found that it is an extremely powerful tool but I am only scrapping the surface, and if I knew more information it could be even more useful. Adding custom boxes to applets to make it more specific to our business.

Controller / Human Resources in US
Industrial Automation, 11-50 Employees

Project Management software

4 3 years ago

Comments: We have greatly enhanced and automated the project cost management using InFocus.

Pros:

*Tracks project costs easily *Many options for project set up *Allows users to enter time and expenses from anywhere *Electronic file attachments allowed throughout the software

Cons:

*Cumbersome or lacking drill down capabilities in multiple modules *Missing a few warning messages in critical areas such as the ability to post AP/AR to closed periods

Gregg F.
IT Manager in US
Construction, 51-200 Employees

Great SAAS accounting solution for an ACEC firm

4 3 years ago

Comments: It's a more cost-effective option than Deltek Vision. If that's your comparison as an ACEC firm, I'd say go for it! :)

Pros:

* Reasonable setup and ongoing price per seat. Monthly billing available. * Quick and easy setup. We were online within 24 hours and had our data converted from Deltek within 7 business days. * Great technical support via dedicated user login message board interface. Answers/response are usually taken care of in under 2 hours for non-critical/emergency issues. * InFocus Custom Reports and Invoice Designs can be created and edited using the SQL Business Intelligence Development Studio 2005 from Microsoft.

Cons:

The only real downside so far has been speed of the interface. We had this as an onsite server and response times were awesome with our own dedicated server. I would have hoped that with SaaS that the background horsepower for their servers would be a little better than what it is. Requests take approximately 4x as long to process as when we tested it as a local SQL installation. Please keep in mind that this is a "feels like" statement and not a technically measured out in milliseconds statement.

Julie T.
Executive Assistant in US
51-200 Employees

Clearview is for Everyone!

5 3 years ago

Comments: One benefit I have realized is the ability to make minor edits to Accounting entries without having to go back redo something. The flexibility of this software is unmatched.

Pros:

One thing I like most about Infocus are the Gridgits on the dashboard that provide various information all in one place. I also prefer this program because of the flexibility in entering data so there is no more deleting something because you have to make a minor change. Infocus has a variety of reports that are easy to understand that provide a wide array of data. I also appreciate check processing in Infocus for Accounts Payable and Employee Reimbursables because it is very easy to use especially with the recent transaction tab. Timesheets are very easy to enter and approve in Infocus and benefits hours are easy to see for each employee.

Cons:

One thing I like least is that some functionality of Infocus is not user-friendly (i.e. having to use F4 instead of Enter). I also would like to see benefit accrual more automated and payroll integration with outside software (i.e. Pensoft) made more seamless for companies that have salary plus employees.

Johana R.
Design, 51-200 Employees

Best ERP and Project Management Software for its price

5 3 years ago

Pros:

It has all the blows a whistles SAP has to offer. For me, it was very important that InFocus had strong internal controls in order to preserve the integrity of the data. Additionally, it is very user friendly and allows for quick queries, custom reports, and third-party integration. It is a software that caters to your needs without the big software restrictions.

Cons:

Currently there is nothing a true dislike. But if i had to pick one it would be statements. In order to generate stand alone statements and submit to the client it has to be done manually versus a mass email distribution. Similar to invoicing. However, if the client is invoiced on a monthly basis they would recieve a copy of their statement with their invoices.

Dara S.
Financial Administrator in US
11-50 Employees

Great product for a small to medium firm

4 3 years ago

Comments: We've been using this for a few years now and we're still learning how to use it effectively. Overall, I think its a great tool.

Pros:

Once you get used to the layout its very easy to navigate and find the information you're looking for. I'm sure it can do a lot more that what we're using it for and I'm excited to see how we can grow with it.

Cons:

It forces you to structure your projects specifically in order to use all of its features. At times it seems too rigid in its assumptions on how a project should be structured and we have to find work arounds. For example we might have 2 Project Managers on one project, but you can only select one per project.

Brian S.
HR Coordinator in US
Architecture & Planning, 51-200 Employees

A Must-Have!

5 2 years ago

Comments: Our employees pick up time entry very easily with InFocus. Its also great that employees can monitor their own PTO accruals, seeing all that they've accrued and used throughout the year. Employees can also generate their own reports to see how many hours they've worked on a specific project. Its great!

Pros:

It is so user friendly, if you are familiar with excel, many of InFocus's features are created the same way. Very low training time!

Cons:

Copying entries on time sheets or AP's could be a little better, but it isn't that bad.

Office Manager in US
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 11-50 Employees

Long time customer

4 3 years ago

Pros:

Was able to import data from old/so to be obsolete program (Sema4)

Cons:

Need to have ability to write computer code to make changes to templates

Principal in US
Architecture & Planning, 11-50 Employees

Quickbooks to Clearview

4 3 years ago

Comments: We are solving a lot of redundancy issues that we had with previous software. It is helping us streamline our accounting system.

Pros:

The thing that I like the most about software is its ability to provide me with up to date information that is critical factor in making project related decisions. Also I have found ability to run numerous standard and custom reports helpful.

Cons:

All of the capabilities are overwhelming in the beginning.

Barbara P.
US
Architecture & Planning
Used the Software for: Not provided

InFocus - a Great Product!

5 7 years ago

Pros:

This software offered easy conversion from our former software; they were able to bring all of our previous file information forward for project reference. It matched up with our former software in many ways and is easy to learn and use. Clearview Software's staff is very good to work with during the conversion. The training offered is very helpful, and they will always respond quickly and efficiently to any need you may have. Give them both a try; you will like them.

Cons:

The only downside I have had is not being able to customize the software's reports at my level to the needs. I have had some custom reports and invoices designed to match up with our needs, but it is too costly to have all my report requirements customized. Therefore, sometimes you have to either run three or four reports to gather the information you may require.

Sanae C.
Project accounting assistant in US
Construction, 51-200 Employees

Incocus is just great

5 3 years ago

Pros:

Friendly use, very easy to use and not that much complicated.

Cons:

The fact that I don't have o shortcut on my desktop that takes me directly to log in... I need to open a browser and type in the link...

Peter H.
Accounting in US
Design, 51-200 Employees

Love Clearview

4 3 years ago

Comments: I have been very happy with Clearview.

Pros:

Very easy to use, well thought out, and the layout really makes sense.

Cons:

At times it is slow retrieving data, but this is rare.

Lauren D.
project architect in US

I feel that some items in the program can be more intuitive and easier to use. It gets the job done.

3 5 years ago

Pros:

The layout is nice. I like the list format. The overall calculation of time works well. It is nice that you can copy recent items to a new time sheet.

Cons:

It is not very user friendly. If you don't know the "shortcut" commands, it can be very time consuming to do anything. Scrolling through long drop down menus is annoying.

Edward P.
Senior Category Manager in
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 10,000+ Employees

Project Software Review

5 5 years ago

Comments: Top of the line Project Software. The developer has put a lot of thought and spend a great deal of time in looking at the total scope of the program functionality and how it interacts with real life situations. They have every angle and every circumstances covered.

Pros:

Very forward thinking product that benefits true life occurrences and situations.

Cons:

None that I have seen yet. And from what I have seen I do not think it will seen anything derogatory.

Stefanie A.
architectural designer in US

Not user friendly. Every day I dread having to use this product for time and invoices.

2 5 years ago

Pros:

This program is only beneficial to our bookkeeper. People actually imputing there time find it difficult to use and time consuming.

Cons:

This software is very difficult to navigate. It is not easy to use or understand. You need to complete multiple steps in order to get the result needed.

Chad C.
Designer in US
Civil Engineering, 201-500 Employees

Review

5 2 years ago

Comments: I mainly use it to submit time for my timesheets.

Pros:

I like how easy the software is to use. Very straight forward.

Cons:

I don't have any grievances with the product at this point.

Lucas R.
Structural Engineer E.I. in US
Civil Engineering, 11-50 Employees

Efficient

5 2 years ago

Comments: Project management

Pros:

It makes it easy to manage and organize projects

Cons:

It takes a little time to get use to the features.

CEO in US

Good for our industry

4 2 years ago

Comments: Huge time savings getting through invoicing. All information input into one system. Ability to have projects and invoicing tied together.

Pros:

I like that we can build estimates and track a project from beginning to end. All costs go in and are automatically available for invoicing at markup rates. Flexible and able to have multiple price sheets. Integrated with project scheduled, resource planning, time sheet and expenses.

Cons:

Interface is a little outdated. Some standard reports you get in products like Quickbooks are not present. Mobile timesheet is a little outdated but works.

Madeline M.
Associate in US

I find the program difficult to maneuver when trying to set up projects and invoice

3 5 years ago

Pros:

I like that each PM has the means to review and prepare their own invoice. I would like to know more on how to set up a template style that can be imported for each project and then alter from there.

Cons:

I wish it were easier to move time tickets around. It takes many clicks to get to move a time ticket to where it needs to be when entered in the wrong location. I wish uploading documents was easier and that I did not have to put on my desk top to move. To edit fees you need to be in one place, to add tasks you need to be in another. The program is not intuitive.

Alla D.
Assistant Controller in US
Civil Engineering, 51-200 Employees

InFocus for engineering firms

5 3 years ago

Comments: Overall, flexible software accommodating engineering firms and great support team to work with.

Pros:

Absolutely incredible customer service - a great team of highly skilled professionals providing a quick answer via an open ticket, a walk-thru via Webex or customization via a Work order. Customization in data presentations, security, permissions, reports. An end user can do a desired customization him/herself or ask the Clearview team to run a script to implement it. Constant development and training. Workshops, webinars, announcements, updates. Continuous improvement in all InFocus features and options. Clearview team always moves forward to the new advanced ways to use the system, always up to date with technology.

Cons:

Whenever and whatever we like least in InFocus, we bring it up to the support team and try to change it to the way it would work out for us or find the best solution for it. In most cases it is all repairable and we get the changes we want to use InFocus more efficiently. InFocus team is open for ideas and suggestions and many improvements we asked for have been already in place and we use them routinely now.

Filmore W.
Controller in US
Civil Engineering, 201-500 Employees

review

4 2 years ago

Pros:

ease of use, cost efficiencies, reduced staff and operating costs

Cons:

export to excel, formatting before downloading could improve

Stephen K.
Systems Developer in US
Paper & Forest Products, 201-500 Employees

A very Customizable Software Product

5 3 years ago

Pros:

First of all, I am not an accountant, but DBA/Software Developer. The ability to create customized reports, actions, and dashboards (both traditional and analytical) and incorporate them seamlessly into Infocus really makes this product stand out from it's competitors.

Cons:

There are a few consistency issues between the applets that are annoying at times.

Tonya B.
Accounting Manager in US

Great Software. We don't use all of the functions, but the ones that we do use are great.

4 5 years ago

Pros:

I loved that we were able to transfer roughly 18 years of data over to this software. That was one of the main reasons we switched to this software.

Cons:

There are a lot of functions that we do not use in the software, but I understand how important they would be for larger firms. It would be nice to have a scaled down version of this software for smaller firms.

Caleb N.
Mechanical engineer in US
Design, 2-10 Employees

Great, but complicated.

4 3 years ago

Comments: We use clear view to manage our projects with respect to time and budget. Clear view has made it easier to track our projects with the dashboard as a project manager.

Pros:

The Dashboard is great and I love how I can configure it to exactly what I need

Cons:

User interface is not user friendly. Meaning there are too many steps to accomplish one thing.

Chris M.
Chris M.
IT Manager in US
Architecture & Planning, 11-50 Employees

Clearview Infocus

5 3 years ago

Pros:

Fairly easy for end users to navigate and accomplish what is needed, once accimated. Straightforward back end management.

Cons:

Bit of a learning curve to get going. After that it feels more intuitive.