Superb Software

Sarah P.
Practice Manager
Mental Health Care, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I can't imagine using any other EHR for our practice, and I have used at least three others before. The customer support team alone makes this service worth it, but the ease of use and workflow is so appreciated and truly makes my day to day tasks so much more efficient.

Pros: Theranest offers a very easy to use EHR, making it incredibly efficient to manage and bill for our practice of 350+ clients. The K-Base, though an often underused resource, is filled with all kinds of wonderful how-to articles and videos, the flow of use for scheduling, billing, taking notes, etc is sharp and efficient, and the support team is one of the best I have ever used in any professional and personal capacity.

Cons: Any process or service within this program that I did not enjoy was relayed to the support staff, and quite often they are working hard to hear their customers feedback and make appropriate changes to help improve their users experience. My biggest complaint from the beginning was the lack of ability to filter clients strictly based on their insurance carrier, but that has been in the works as an improvement for a little while and is in the pipeline to come through so I have no complaints!

by TheraNest on 03/07/2019

Sarah thank you so much for the glowing review! It's customers like you that make us better. Thank you for your support and loyalty to TheraNest!

All In with TheraNest

Reviewed on 21/11/2018
Gary M.
Psychologist
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Our office was using one company for scheduling patients and patient notification (text messaging); one company for billing; and one company for notes which resulted in huge opportunities for human error; the specific needs of our office were not addressed with any one company. TheraNest addresses most of our office needs in one integrated program. Scheduling, appointment notifications, progress notes, billing, and ERA (eventually). I previewed the ERA and it looks like it will efficiently apply payments to billed services. I am very satisfied with TheraNest and strongly recommend it for other Behavioral Health providers.

Pros: Imported years of data from another system into TheraNest with no errors and very limited time commitment. Their customer support was very helpful and honest about the transition. TheraNest is full featured- Our office used a competitor program for 30+ years but wanted/needed a cloud based state of the art EHR program- Our office tried several other popular programs but they all had significant limitations. We are very excited about Theranest. Our Office is new to the program but so far so good. The customer support is excellent. They are adding features frequently, including specific features requested by users. The start up learning curve is doable and our staff picked it up in a few days versus weeks. The scheduling, pt. appointment notifications, calendar, and agenda are well thought out and fully integrated. The initial intake note and progress notes took some getting used too but they work very well- DX codes are easily entered and updated. The progress notes are very professional and signed and cosigned if necessary. I know this sounds like a paid advertisement but I have spent a lot of time, money and effort trying other programs and I was never more encouraged than with Theranest. Our goal was to be fully functional with the transition from our current system to Theranest by January 2019. We are ahead of schedule and our intention is to bill our first full month of receivables for November 2018.

Cons: The fees were initially off putting. But after becoming familiar with TheraNest, I see the potential for a very efficient, time saving, integrated system that is well worth the monthly investment. There is also flexibility with monthly billing based upon caseload (increasing or decreasing at discretion of the user) and it seems fair.

by TheraNest on 18/12/2018

Thank you for the glowing review!! We are so happy to hear you and your team are enjoying TheraNest!

Overall, my favorite EMR of the five I have used and tried.

Reviewed on 21/02/2018
Karen A.
Therapist (LMHC)
Customer Support

Pros: Set up to document all phases of counseling; ability to upload documents into client records; MSE with each progress note; can email clients through client portal for HIPPA compliance; clients can securely complete, sign, and submit intake paperwork through client portal; ability to accept credit and debit cards easily for services rendered; GREAT invoicing and billing features; automated appointment reminders; integrated calendar; multi clinician capability; Wiley planner and progress note features; the reports feature is fantastic for tracking payments, invoices, and notes status. Subscribers can also develop custom forms for clients or for clinician documentation needs. The help and tutorial features are easy to follow, and customer service has been responsive. TheraNest continually seeks feedback about subscriber needs and uses that feedback to improve their product. There is also an internal office chat box feature.

Cons: Like any product, it is not perfect. The calendar feature is good but has room for improvement with respect to appointments spilling into nonwork hours or the occasional time I choose to see clients outside my regular hours to compensate for conferences or other needs taking time from my regular client schedule. I understand this issue is being addressed. Progress notes can be lengthy due to incorporation of the client's entire treatment plan into the note. I have yet to find a way to mark treatment goals and objectives as completed in the treatment plan even when using the review feature. This would be a helpful feature to track a client's progress quickly and for planning future session interventions to address unmet goals.

by TheraNest on 18/09/2018

Thank you for the review, Karen. You can now select to schedule outside of selected working hours on a client appointment. :)

Never felt alone; even in my darkest times.

Reviewed on 08/01/2018
Kyle M.
LPC, Supervising Counselor
Mental Health Care
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: TheraNest has EVERYTHING in one place. I have search high and low for several years; applied, signed up, and trialed several other soft-wares, and none of them compare to TheraNest. The Client Portal is a surprise when I share the feature with my patients. The Customer Service being accessible to all providers (Inters and Residents alike) is a huge plus so I do not find myself training (and retraining) through the semester to a new class when they can find the answers easily on their own.
TheraNest makes the end of my session a 10 min wrap up with documentation, and the end of my day a 5 min wrap up to submit ALL billing. I save money on not having to hire a full-time employee to manage my billing and claims; merely a contract when there is an issue with the insurance themselves and a phone call is needed beyond my knowledge.

Cons: The only thing I could ever wish for, is prescribing rights and abilities. I plan to expand my company into the Medical Realm eventually, and this is a feature I plan to discuss with the developing team.

by TheraNest on 22/01/2018

Hi Kyle, thank you for the wonderful review. Our support team was all smiles when we read it as it¿s always our goal to be available for all users of TheraNest. We¿re very happy to hear that you (and your interns and residents) have been enjoying TheraNest and that it¿s helped make your practice easier and quicker to manage! We¿d be very excited to grow with you as your practice grows, that¿s why we¿ve passed on your e-prescribing request to our development team and we¿ll be in-touch to discuss your wants/needs for this feature. We take all feedback and suggestions very seriously. As always, don¿t hesitate to reach out if you need us! Thank you for being a valued customer, Kyle! Sincerely, Your TheraNest Team

TheraNest is an evolving EHR platform with a great interface, and excellent technical support.

Reviewed on 17/05/2016
Patrick A.
CEO/Clinical Psychologist
Customer Support

Comments: I have been using TheraNest for approximately 6 months. Here are some of my thoughts. Pros:
Excellent User Interface. Very logical and intuitive to use, and a clean design.
Very cost effective for practices with multiple clinicians.
Extremely responsive technical support.
Easy to use mobile applications.
Nice features for streamlined and integrated billing, invoices, and SuperBills being created and sent to clients.
Integrated CC processing.
Patient portal for submitting intake paperwork. (add on charges)
Patient reminders with SMS and phone calls. (add on charges)
Excellent Up-Time and great communication from the owner.
Cons:
Limited customization options for the interface, reports, and standard progress notes.
Not really fitting for practices with a prescribing professional.
Creation of patient forms can be tedious and is not easily ported between TN accounts for different practices.
Lack of ability to connect businesses with separate Tax IDs to a master account. (Modern practices increasingly use teletherapy, which can mean multiple business locations, Tax IDs, etc., and each location needs a separate TN account.)
Lack of ability to connect the calendars of multiple practice locations to prevent double booking or double data entry.
Overly basic invoicing and SuperBill formats without customization options (Per tech support, this is currently being revised, but is not yet released.)
Inability to customize the Dashboard metrics, and current monitoring tools have limited practical utility. (Poor cash flow tracking, no notice of unwritten notes, etc.)
Overly limited options for clinician site access (It is essentially either a decision to allow clinicians access to all billing information, or none.)
Limited payment tracking for tracking payments to clinicians.
Overall, I have chosen to stay with TheraNest, and am happy with the simplicity of it all. If the developers continue to help the site evolve, and address some or all of the concerns noted above, I will most likely stay with them and renew my contract for another year.

by TheraNest on 20/05/2016

Thank you so much for leaving a review, Patrick!

We are planning to add a prescribing feature in the future. I have tagged your account so you will be notified as soon as it has been released.

Thank you for your suggestion about allowing different tax ID's for the business. We are working on a tele-therapy feature so I will make sure to pass this along to the product team.

We are able to sync your calendar appointments to both Google and Apple calendars. The Missing Notes report will show you each appointment that is missing a note. You can run this report by clicking Reports > Notes > Missing Notes Report.

We are working on a complete billing re-design that should be released in the next couple of months. The new design will help you better track amounts paid by insurance and clients.

If you have any other questions or suggestions please do not hesitate to let us know in the application or at [email protected]

Thank you!
The TheraNest Team

Very good resource for our group practice

Reviewed on 11/11/2016
Ginny M.
Clinical Director
Mental Health Care, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: We have been users of Theranest for the last year. It is very, very user friendly, especially compared with some of the other products that we demo'd. Most things were very, very well --- scheduling, appointment reminders, progress notes, reporting features that help us know who is current with progress notes and assessments and who has gotten behind, treatment planning and diagnostic features. We do not use the Wiley Treatment Planner library, but we might at some point and are thrilled that it is available. We initially used the merchant account features to run credit/debit/flex cards through the system, but we found we could save considerably by having a merchant account with our bank instead. Switching back and forth was not a problem. We have generally been very pleased with most aspects of the service, especially the finance terms. This platform works very well for a practice that has several clinicians and when the work is exclusively individuals, couples or families.

Pros: We love it that we pay a rate based on the number of active clients, not the number of users. We have several part-time staff who want and need to be able to use the same system, and other EHRs charge by clinician. The best part, though, is that it looks and feels very much like a paper record, and getting tech-anxious clinicians to make the switch from paper really very easy. Even the most reluctant found that they love it and do not complain about changing from paper to EHR.

Cons: Group rosters, group notes and scheduling of groups is possible but definitely a weak area for Theranest. Other weak areas include the way the ledger interfaces with attendance in the creation of invoices and superbills (putting cancellations on them, even if there was no charge). And lastly, reporting features could be better for helping practice managers better assess productivity and other information. The dashboard looks great, but as far as I can tell, we can't change the data that the graphics are pulling from and they always are reporting information that is from the beginning of the practice's use of Theranest, not with any particular timeframe or different variables. This may be possible to change, but if so, it's not easy enough for THIS user to figure it out.

Average. Some strong features and some poor features

Reviewed on 10/01/2018
Carly A.
Psychologist
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: The mobile feature; Notes/scheduling/billing all in 1 program and platform; Client portal; Visually easy to understand and use without a lot of needed guidance;

Cons: 1) The notes are rudimentary and unprofessional 'looking' when you print them. 2) The signature feature does not have enough characters to include full name and credentials & the hand-written option ends up looking like a preschooler signed your name; 3) all the demographic and other info that a ct fills out in ct portal forms DO NOT auto-populate to your intkae note template or anywhere, so you end up having to re-type a tone of information; 3) ct oprtal forms are easy to edit, but the actual intake and progress forms are NOT editable. They advertise "customizable forms" but neglect to tell you that if you use these, you don't get any of the built-in, dynamic software features such as the DSM-5 dx box, all demographic info, date/etc... that's the whole point- you can't run reports on these notes, etc.!!! 4) the text boxes that you type you notes in are not user-friendly...you have to scroll down if you type a longer paragraph in order to read/view and edit it. It's time-consuming and difficult to review your note. 5) not easy to upload photos or handouts that you and a ct create. You have to email it to yourself, download it and then upload it to TheraNest...too many steps! Overall, the note taking features in this EMR are poor.

by TheraNest on 22/01/2018

Hi Carly, Thank you for taking time to provide us a review. Voices like yours are how we improve our product and customer experience. We're always looking to incorporate customer feedback so thank you very much! We're happy to hear you've been enjoying our mobile app and client portal. It's nice to hear you find TheraNest easy to use and understand. We're here for you if there's anything we can help you with. Thank you for being a valued customer. We appreciate you, Carly. Sincerely, Your TheraNest Team

My experience has been great. There have been some changes to get used to, but we've gotten there.

Reviewed on 30/03/2018
Judyann L.
Phone Specialist/Scheduling
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Professional benefits for practice management.

Pros: Flexibility to manage the calendar without losing information. I like the options. Being able to add service codes for a busy practice.
The in-practice chat is invaluable for the clients using it. Search and expanded view are very helpful.
Powerful and speedy when uploading files.
Real support. I've made requests for changes (along with others) and received attention. I've found some 'hacks' that made my task go smoother and enjoyed sharing them with support.
Colorful. May seem a little thing, but we can have distinctive identity on the calendar for each or for all. Not necessary to open a completely different screen.
Every effort to be secure. Never a problem with security or an uneasy hint that things aren't working right.
Almost zero down time. We're working with 'machines', there is bound to be some down time, but the occurrences have been rare and quickly solved.
Professional action. This reflects on patient desire for security. The appearance and behaviors for entering information are professional.
Ample patient reminders. Patients can respond to reminders to connect with me if we miss one another on the phone. Email is especially good for this.
I reviewed this software about a year ago and have come to like it even more.

Cons: A disappearing con: tutorials and knowledge base has expanded during the time I've been using the software.

by TheraNest on 18/09/2018

Thank you for your fantastic and thorough review, JudyAnn.

We continue to build out more support documentation and videos to help you and your team.

Great EHR for Private Practice

Reviewed on 07/02/2017
Joseph P.
Customer Support

Comments: The software is really good for a new private practice. Like any EHR software there is always a learning curve. For practitioners who are already adept with other EHR software this is fairly simple and learning curve is not difficult. At the beginning it may seem difficult but you can test/tinker around with the features without any negative consequences. Suggest you create a test dummy client and play with the features. You can delete the dummy file later. Customer services has been positive in all my interactions. I did not feel like I got stiffed any money or felt like customer service is a robotic call center in another country. Customer service always was courteous and tried their best to answer questions. If a problem arose, they tried their best to solve it or if it was a issue out of their hand, they were up front & responsible in their responses. The features are what a private practice needs including a) prog. notes b) ledger & forms for billing c) treatment plans d) built in assessment e) graphs to track cancellations, outstanding ledgers, and payments f) calendar for appointment schedules g) ability to upload documents to client's record and more. As a single software source for a private practice one really doesn't need extra software than TheraNest. The only flaw I ran into was the claims process. Specific insurance companies and Medicaid require specific boxes on claim to be filled in a specific way. The service location is the challenge on form 1500 which created a small headache. If you use one service location and that is all then it should be no problem. If you have 3 - 4 service locations such as multiple offices and you have to bill each location with a different number then it can be a little challenge. The problem can be remedied at the next level of billing at the clearinghouse which is what I did. In simple terms if you are just a single private practice and have one location then this issue will not arise. This is why TheraNest is great for private practices rather than large corporations. Cost for Theranest is decent because it charges based on the number of clients. Also if you have between 2 - 5 active clients, the cost is already covered once your claims get paid. At the time I started it was around $ - $ a month. With a single claim of $ - $ paid, the cost is already covered. Overall, I highly recommend it for a private practice and clinicians who are just getting started in their own practice.

by TheraNest on 14/02/2017

Hey Joseph!
Thanks for taking the time to give us such a detailed review! We're so glad to see that you're liking the software and have been patient with us as we work to improve. Thank you for the feedback regarding locations, we're working on bettering that feature now and hope to have that out to you soon. Sincerely, the TheraNest team.

Excellent practice management software for my solo practice.

Reviewed on 06/12/2018
Christy C.
Licensed Clinical Psychologist
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: I find the company is always growing, looking for ways to improve based on clinician feedback. Two changes/improvements have been made that I've requested (along with others) and they've made many many other improvements that hadn't necessarily occurred to me but that have increased efficiency or streamlining. The customer service is excellent. I used to spend hours doing my billing, and before that paid a human being by the hour to do it for me, and now it's literally a few clicks. I have very busy solo practice (30-35 patient hours per week) and I am 100% on top of my Intakes, notes, billing and incoming payments.

Cons: It has definitely steadily crept up in cost since I started using it in 2014, but I've compared it to other platforms and it's comparable or less for what you get. There are many features that I don't need at all in a solo practice, but again, this is probably true in other platforms (this, I'm not positive about) and anyway, I don't feel like I'm paying for a bunch of stuff I don't need.

by TheraNest on 19/12/2018

Thank you so much for your kind words, Christy. We really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us! We count ourselves lucky for loyal customers like you.

I have been using Theranest for the past 3 years and I am still being impressed by their product!!!

Reviewed on 21/07/2017
Chanel C.
Owner of EOA Services
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I aids my practice in running efficiently in all areas.

Pros: The user friendly software, color scheme, and efficiency is what I like most. I recommend it to my clients and I have not gotten one complaint about your EHR. It is great for the administrative staff, clients (Therabook), and the therapist. I love that their staff make me feel like we are one big happy family working together. My questions are answered in a timely manner and they are answered effectively. The same day I might add. Theranest is the best choice for a mental health private practice.

Cons: I honestly do not have a CON. I guess since I have to submit 100 characters as a min. I will say.... I setup many account for different mental health professionals and I have to use a different email every time. That can be a pain, because I do business with my company email.

by TheraNest on 20/09/2017

Hi Chanel! Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for such a glowing review! You're a fantastic customer. You're always friendly, fun, patient and provide excellent feedback that helps us continuously improve in all areas. It's a pleasure when we hear from you. :) We wouldn't be where we are without customers like you. We're delighted and grateful to have you in our TheraNest family. We appreciate you! Sincerely, Your TheraNest Team

TheraNest offers everything I need to keep my practice organized and paper-free!

Reviewed on 09/05/2017
Stacy F.
Licensed Professional Counselor
Customer Support

Pros: TheraNest is one-stop shopping! For an affordable monthly cost, I get everything I need to keep my practice running smoothly - I can schedule patients, send them forms ahead of their appointment via the Client Portal, submit my insurance claims in two simple clicks, and keep track of my income by running monthly reports. I also like being able to write assessments and progress notes in my own style using the customs forms feature. Can't forget about customer support; TheraNest is great over the phone, and they certainly listen to customer requests by continuously adding new features each month. For someone looking for a paperless and organized practice, TheraNest is a must!

Cons: TheraNest can be a touch confusing when initially navigating its features. However, after repeated practice, I now find it so simple and easy to use. I wish the Client Portal/Custom Forms could be advanced so that we can change the font size and have control over bolding/italicizing/underlining certain headings and words.

by TheraNest on 18/05/2017

Hi Stacy,
Wow, thanks so much for these kind words, this is a great encouragement for our team and we're overjoyed to hear that you're still loving the software. We greatly appreciate your loyalty and your feedback regarding a more customizable format. I'll be sure to pass that along and again, thanks so much. Sincerely, the TheraNest team.

Supportive, convenient, affordable, quality product!

Reviewed on 18/05/2017
Donna M.
Customer Support

Pros: The client portal and the fact that the intake can be done online! I love custom forms, the appointment reminders, emails, payroll.... I love it all! I especially love the customer service. I'm a loyal customer especially because of the way they are with their customers (texting, emailing and constant improvements). 10 stars!

Cons: Id like payroll to be able to have the option to select the payouts due tab and pay clinicians when claims are paid in full. Copays are attached to this currently and I have to select "copay paid to clinician" even though it's not in order for payouts due to work the way I need it to. I also need to be able to print out a demographics sheet on a single client to an option. I'd also like the email to have a time that an email was sent.

by TheraNest on 24/05/2017

Wow Donna! Thanks for the review, we are blushing over here and also thankful for your kind words. We love to hear that our customer happiness team is serving you well. I'll pass along your suggestions to our development team, but as a loyal customer you know you can always write in or use the microphone icon to make suggestions, we're always interested in your feedback as it very much shapes our plan for the future of TheraNest. Sincerely, the TheraNest team.

Great experience with limitations

Reviewed on 21/02/2019
Tammy B.
Therapist
Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I would recommend Theranest to anyone who has less than 30 active clients at any given time. Once you go over 30 and add the price of extra features it goes from being comparable value to not being a good value.

Pros: The initial first session paperwork such as intake, privacy policies and informed consent are extremely easy to edit and make your own. Being able to do one note for a group and have it go to each group member's file was awesome.

Cons: Price is based on number of active clients and therefore was not good for me because of seeing some clients just to do evaluation and doing groups which makes number of clients more. Also reminders and other features are extra. I prefer to pay one price and know what it is. There is not the option to put handouts, assignments into folder for clients to access. You have to send them back and forth which clients complained was inconvenience. However, if my clients had not had previous experience with Counsol where there was folders I do not think they would have complained because they would not have known of other option.

by TheraNest on 24/04/2019

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience!

It sounds like you are enjoying the client portal and intake forms as well as our group appointment and not functions!

After you send your initial intake forms you can certainly resend forms in a packet and not one by one. A support team member can reach out and help you with this.

As far as pricing - our philosophy is that the number of active clients you serve is a much better representation of the size and needs of your practice than the number of people you have on staff. Allowing you to archive an unlimited number of clients and reactivate them at any time results in the vast majority of our customers paying significantly less for similar features versus our competitors. On average, things like text reminders cost less than $1/mo for 1 provider. Other optional features like Telehealth and Wiley Planners are optional add-ons rather than mandatory upgrades.

Great Product & Pricing But Service Note Functionally Lacking

Reviewed on 03/03/2017
Mark B.
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I second all the glowing reviews but our Group bills Public Payers (Medicare, Tricare, Medicaid) in addition to commercial payers. We loved the user interface and ability to set up locations, accept payments, billing interface, and access /caseloads. Theranest has THE best pricing of the competitors. Most EHRs want to charge by # of Providers. That works great if every Therapist is Full Time. Theranest charges by tiers of # of active Clients so their pricing is linked to your revenue. GREAT Concept! However the Progress Note feature does not work for our Payers. The built-in SOAP Note is the only Note that will integrate with the client's treatment plan. Our Payers require that each Note is linked to a Treatment Goal. Also ALL of our Payers require PIE or BIRP format. Our therapist were not able to select/change the CPT/Service code when they completed their Clinical Service Note. The CPT/Svc code selection is made in the Appointment Screen and the therapist would have to go to another screen to change the Service Code. All the Therapist sees is the session elapsed time that they can change , for example, 60 minutes can be for family or Ind. therapy (different CPT codes). Also it puts the burden on the scheduler to choose the correct service vs the Therapist that conducts the session. Also, there was no way to seemingly enter an Add-on CPT code (complexity/crisis) to the primary service. AWESOME CUSTOMER SERVICE!! I did the 30 day trail and asked for a 14 day extension they were very accommodating. Wish the Progress Note documentation had met our needs.

Pros: Ease of Use
Multiple Locations
Accept payments and Billing Integration
Wiley Treatment Planners integration

Cons: Progress Note Functionality
No PIE Note Format
Authorizations Management

by TheraNest on 13/03/2017

Hi Mark! Thanks so much for the review and for your candor, we genuinely appreciate it. We're always looking for ways to improve and we couldn't do it without your feedback. Please be on the lookout for someone from our support team contacting you, we want to talk more about what this could look like. Sincerely, the TheraNest team.

Love Theranest

Reviewed on 16/05/2019
Amy O.
Psychotherapist
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Overall Theranest keeps me very organized and on top of time sensitive issues like notes, rminders and billing.

Pros: Theranest is easy to use, keeps track of my calendar, sends reminders to clients, makes billing very easy.

Cons: I wish I could customize more reporting and sorting features to help me do the billing of insurance companies that I have to do on other websites.

by TheraNest on 22/05/2019

Amy thank you so much for the lovely review! We are so happy to hear that TheraNest is just the tool your organization needs to keep you on track and organized!

A member of the Support team will reach out to collect more information about your reporting needs. We do have very robust reporting features so we want to make sure we can help point you in the right direction!

Theranest makes running my practice so much easier.

Reviewed on 23/12/2017
Jane W.
Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist
Customer Support

Pros: Life is busy, and this streamlines my practice so that info, notes, and billing are all just clicks away. It is so easy to bill insurance companies, and the encryption for credit cards is a dream!

Cons: Now that the format has been updated, it's easier to navigate. Glitches that I experience are probably due to me- lol! The app does not have the all of the options available on the site. I'd love to be able to submit billing through the app. As of now, it does not appear that clients have the option of signing in to do paperwork, schedule, etc. That would be a helpful option.

by TheraNest on 22/01/2018

Hi Jane, thank you for the awesome review. We always want to hear that our customers are loving TheraNest. We¿re so happy to hear that TheraNest has helped you streamline your practice! Thank you for your feedback on the our app, we are currently working to increase the functionalities of our mobile browser/application, so make sure to stay tuned for the future updates. As always, we¿re here anytime you need us if you have any additional questions of feedback. We value you and your business, Jane. Sincerely, Your TheraNest Team

Easy to use, easy to get help

Reviewed on 11/06/2019
Carson G.
C.O.O.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Ours is not a therapy practice, but private pay recovery coaching for people with mental illness. So some of the incredible insurance billing features are wasted on us. Even so, Theranest is easier to use and more cost-effective than our previous scheduling software, which was designed for the home health care market. We are happy we made the switch.

Pros: Scheduling, adding clients and adding staff are all very easy and intuitive. We like that we can add custom forms​ and that most of the reports are very useful. The online help articles and tutorials answer about 80% of our questions, and the chat help has quickly handled almost all the rest. When we did need to talk to a real person we could, and got what we needed in one call. We love that the team is super-responsive when we have a suggestion for a feature. App is easy for coaches to use remotely (we think; that's the next phase.)

Cons: As of now, you can't link uploaded documents to particular sessions, or substitute a custom signable form for the Progress Notes form built-in. I wish the Staff Billing Report would create its own subtotals by staff​ member, as this would save us a lot of time doing payroll. Similarly, we'd love the Daily Billing Report to have subtotals by client. And we would love to be able to filter the calendar by client, but this is a small thing (you can see a list of appointments in the client tab, but not laid out in a weekly calendar).

by TheraNest on 17/06/2019

Hi Carson! We are so happy to hear that you are finding TheraNest easy to use! Thank you for taking the time to write us a review we sincerely appreciate it!

TheraNest has transformed how I document and manage my solo private practice -- Outstanding!

Reviewed on 26/10/2015
Philip A.
Clinical Psychologist
Customer Support

Comments: I have been using TheraNest for nearly two years. I compared it to three other popular online practice management subscription software programs for mental health professionals and decided on TheraNest because its features met the needs of my practice and because the customer service is suberb. PROS: The program provides easy calendaring, full case documentation capability with printable case notes, a great mental status assessment feature, an ICD-10 compatible diagnosis selector, excellent invoice and superbill capability, color-coded client balance indicators, optional client reminders, optional client portal, insurance billing, optional credit card capability, capability to upload files and other documentation from your computer, batch client billing, custom form creation, a wide range of "report" features to help track one's practice, and much more. The program is generally simple to navigate. Customer service/support are absolutely superb: responses to inquiries are rapid, courteous, personable, thorough, and effective. Beyond providing outstanding service, the customer support personnel and the development team have been highly receptive to my suggestions for improvement and for new features that I hoped to see incorporated in the program. To my delight, quite a number of changes to the program have occurred as a direct result of my suggestions and recommendations. That has made me feel like not merely a user of TheraNest, but rather like a participant in its evolution, which has been very exciting for me. I use this progam multiple times a day, every work day. I depend on it heavily and enjoy using it. I have never regretted making the switch from a traditional file and paper practice to TheraNest's online subscription service. CONS: Very few, indeed. I would love to see greater integration within the program from a user interface perspective, a little more attention paid to logical workflow, a little less redundancy with respect to access links and buttons, some further cleanup of (by now relatively minor) inconsistencies in tab, page, button, and link labeling; I would also prefer a more modern overall "look" to the program, but that is my aesthetic preference and is not a significant issue for me in the big picture. I recommend this program highly and without reservation!

Quality Product & Caring Staff

Reviewed on 09/02/2018
Rachel G.
Social Worker
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I love how I can use one system to schedule clients, complete documentation (intake, diagnostic impressions, treatment plan, case notes), billing (private pay or insurances via clearinghouse, and credit card processing). It helps me to stay organized and sets reminders for tasks.

Pros: Theranest has provided me with ease of billing, documentation, and scheduling clients. Their fees are very reasonable and you get a lot for the price you pay. The staff are consistently looking for ways to improve their produce and regularly incorporate suggestions from their customers. Their customer support team is efficient, kind, and professional. I had a situation wherein I needed to get reimbursed for an added feature due to me not being able to use it. Due to personal circumstance, I was unable to request the reimbursement immediately and they were very empathetic and helped me. Their team offered condolences, virtual hugs, and were readily available to provide additional support as needed. It was a testimony that this is an organization who really cares about its customers.

Cons: Most of their customer service is provided via online. I prefer talking to a live person over the phone; however, when you electronically submit a question, they are very quick to provide a resolution.

by TheraNest on 12/02/2018

Hi Rachel, we're thrilled to receive your 5/5 star review. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts. We're all touched by your kind words for TheraNest and hearing you appreciate the support you've received from us. We love giving virtual hugs and helping as much as we possibly can! If you're not already aware, just want to make sure you know we do provide unlimited phone support during business hours. You can conveniently access our 1.800 number while logged into your account using the ? icon in the upper right hand corner, then selecting "Contact Us". Or if you prefer, you can schedule a call with us for a date/time that works best for you. We know your schedule is busy and your time is valuable so sometimes scheduling a call from us is the better way to go for a customer. Whatever works best for you! Thanks again, Rachel. We appreciate you! Sincerely, Your TheraNest Team

If you value customer service, this is the program for you!

Reviewed on 19/11/2018
Greta P.
Therapist
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: All my billing is integrated. My clients love the appointment reminders and that their co-pays are paid with a click of a button after each appointment. My new patients love the patient portal. My notes are much more thorough and audit-proof. All my patients who were with me before the switch have commented that they like theranest better.

Pros: 1) The customer service by far! I've never had an issue getting questions answered.
2) I love the customizable forms and the client portal.
3) I enjoy that it works with by previous clearinghouse, office ally. I love that I get help with billing when I need it.
4) I love that I can save credit cards and be paperless with my forms and client signatures.
5) I am enjoying that it syncs to my calendar so I can easily avoid double-booking my personal life and work life.

Cons: 1) Invoicing is clumsy. There is no "pay now" button when I email an invoice and no way to set up automatic invoicing.
2) Processing ERAs is also quite awkward, I have to have two windows opened up at the same time to enter the write-offs and payment amounts correctly into one account. My previous software fed the information into the patient account automatically, with one push of a button. I have found ways around both these issues and am holding out hope that they will add this feature!!
3) I am regretting that I picked a software limited by patients rather than staff. I am working to keep my active clients under 50, but that's kind of a pain.

by TheraNest on 17/12/2018

Thank you for the review! We appreciate all your kind words about our program!

TheraNest always takes customer feedback seriously, and we are constantly releasing new features and improving upon our existing ones.

The TheraNest is very responsive to ideas and to questions.

Reviewed on 21/12/2017
Veronica J.
Licensed Psychologist
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I use it daily.

Pros: It's all-in-one and I only have to learn one program to take care of scheduling, notes, billing, etc.

Cons: The thing I like least about TheraNest is that there isn't a price break as you gain more clients.

by TheraNest on 23/01/2018

Hi Veronica, thank you for the kind review! We're very happy to hear that you've been liking TheraNest. It's wonderful to know you find our team responsive to ideas and questions because we do take yours and all of our customers feedback seriously. We are constantly releasing new features based on customer requests and improving upon existing features. Our goal is always to help make running your practice as smooth as possible so you can best serve your clients. We work very hard to build the best solution out there for practice management needs to deliver amazing value and support, and we believe that TheraNest delivers more value than it costs. If you ever have any questions about growth and pricing, one of our Business Development Specialists would be delighted to talk through options with you. Thanks again for the review and for being a valued customer, Veronica! Sincerely, Your TheraNest Team

The software is easy to use, billing is quick and simple, awesome options for treatment planning.

Reviewed on 07/12/2017
Cory T.
Owner/therapist
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: I like the ease of billing, very simple and quick. Theranest offers classes to increase knowledge of billing and how to avoid mistakes.

Cons: I would like to see other options available on the invoices and billing set-up. An example of this is: when billing for out-of-network benefits a person must meet their deductible first. The way the system is set up now, you have to bill the insurance first, then go back and accept a payment. This payment is this categorized as the client overpaying for services. It would be nice for this kind of a scenario to have a simplified way of completing this transaction.

by TheraNest on 17/01/2018

Hi Cory, thank you for the awesome review. We are really glad to hear that TheraNest is helping to make your billing easier and quicker. We¿re always trying to help our customers get the most out of TheraNest and their practice so we¿re happy to see that you¿ve found the TheraNest classes to be useful! Thank you for the billing feedback, as you know, we take our customer feedback very seriously. We¿ll be sure to look more into this issue and see what we can do to better support out-of-network insurance billing. Thank you for being a valued customer, Cory! Sincerely, Your TheraNest Team

Great Software Solution for our Group Practice

Reviewed on 16/06/2016
Jackie K.
Hospital & Health Care, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I'll start by saying TheraNest has some of the best customer service I have ever encountered which made the difficult transition to using practice management software so much easier for our office. We are a small non-profit mental health counseling agency that was badly in need of updating office efficiency. From the very beginning of setting up a demo to on-going questions, they have been patient, understanding, and very helpful. We also found this software to be the most affordable option with the most features after A LOT of research. We are very pleased overall!

Pros: We think that TheraNest is overall easy to use and staff in our office quickly learned the functions. It has been very reliable and is continuously updated to add new features and improvements. Again we have been very grateful for the customer service and tech support that is on-going. Lastly this was this software product offered all the functions (i.e. scheduling, reminders, billing, documentation) we were looking for at a reasonable price.

Cons: Some cons would include the lack of customization available for clinical documentation. We have created work-arounds for this but it would be nice if we could fully use the software for all our clients. Although you can make a custom form, this isn't integrated into the reports function either. Similarly it would be great if there was more custom reporting options in general. However, I feel that for the affordability this is an acceptable compromise.

by TheraNest on 24/06/2016

Thank you so much, Jackie! We are thrilled that you found TheraNest easy to use.

We are planning to improve the custom form feature to allow tying them to reports in the application. Let us know if you need anything, we are happy to help in any way. :)

Thank you!
- The TheraNest Team

TheraNest Helped Me Improve Every Area of Practice

Reviewed on 28/11/2018
Kenneth W.
Licensed Clinical Social Worker
Hospital & Health Care, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: As stated above, I feel that I am better able to store information in a manner that invites reconciliation with time and money management. The Planners have provided some inspiring ideas as well as reliable language to describe some pretty important aspects of therapy. I am able to use TheraNest to manage both macro and micro social work, with some adaptation, as well.

Pros: I was a database developer, and had tried to create my own computerized record system long before we coined the term "EHR." TheraNest met all of the needs I tried to fulfill and that were lacking from other programs. I feel that I am better able to store information in a manner that invites reconciliation with time and money management.

Cons: The inability to modify the casenote or treatment plan form, or effectively export the data within documents (other than PDF).

by TheraNest on 18/12/2018

Thank you so much for the review, Kenneth! We are so flattered by your kind remarks, especially coming from a database developer!