Filter by:

• Overall

About Method CRM

As the #1 rated CRM by QuickBooks users, Method:CRM streamlines your business from lead to repeat and everything in between.

Learn more about Method CRM

Sales Operations
Hospital & Health Care, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/03/2021

"Prone to Critical Errors, Only useful for small, simple businesses"

Comments: Method CRM is a powerful platform for simple businesses. Their integration with Quickbooks makes accounting very easy for businesses looking to use Quickbooks - but if you're looking to build complex automation, be wary and confirm its ability to support your use case on a very granular level - Otherwise, you may find out too late. For custom apps, the development itself is not difficult, but if you do require a developer to complete the project, Method provides custom app development @ >$100/hour, which in my experience was over-priced.

Pros: Within the scope of their features, Method CRM provides a highly customizable experience - The UI of every page in your dashboard can be customized granularly, and building custom applications on the platform is limitless... If you know what you're doing.

Cons: First and foremost - Your Method instance BREAKS if you delete a custom lookup field. As long as you know not to delete anything, you'll be saved from this - but the fact that it's possible is frightening, not just in that you could lose your data, but also that Method CRM does not proactively warn you against it, or make obvious efforts to fix the problem or otherwise prevent it...
There are a few limitations within the features themselves that should be evaluated before purchase - The most notable, in my experience, was time-based automation. At the time of my implementation, there was no easy way to trigger process automation based on a certain time point.
These grievances may have been fixed by Method CRM by now, but I suggest bringing these questions up before making your decision.

Alternatives Considered: SugarCRM, Zoho CRM and Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Choosing Method CRM: Integration with Quickbooks

Switched From: Keap

by Method Integration on 16/03/2021

Thank you for taking the time to share this feedback with us. Your feedback is very important to us and has been passed to our development team for further action.

• Reviewed on 09/03/2021
Cherie H.
Accounting Director
Market Research, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/02/2021

"For the Technology saavy users, must be advanced IMO"

Comments: Good experience overall. Thei customer support and tutorials to help are excellent.

Pros: This program was very attractive from the demo and the support. It is VERY detailed with the tables and import/export options. I recommend if you get this program that you have a team that is similar to a programmer on the backend to help set up uniqie to your desires.

Cons: The set up is time consuming. There are way more options in the forms and table that one can ever use in a single entity. Our team is very techy and computer saavy and we still burned many hours over 2 weeks and 3 people setting up our company before launching to the sales team.

Alternatives Considered: HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Choosing Method CRM: We needed more integrations and functions. But, Method is a bit too complicated. More than what we need.

Reasons for Switching to Method CRM: The support and demo were great. Also the price.

by Method Integration on 02/03/2021

Hi Cherie, thanks for your review. It's great to hear you're getting value out of Method:CRM. Please make sure to take advantage of our help center for all the resources you need to be successful with Method:CRM!

• Reviewed on 27/02/2021
Jet L.
IT Manager
  • Reviewed on 21/11/2019

"Powerful CRM platform"

Comments: We are trying to implement a CRM tool to use with our existing Quickbooks system. Overall, the integration somehow works, however not as advertised as "magical" it would be.
Lots of customization effort has to be done to get it to where we want it to be.

Pros: Powerful and can be highly customized.
Covering almost all aspect of CRM and most from accounting.
Easy to use interface.
Basic plan price is reasonable.

Cons: Outlook integration app still requires a lot of touch up to be practical.
Customization works can be quite repetitive effort if you have multiple company entities that you would like to have similar customization.
Integration engine with Quickbook does not run well on RightNetworks platform. There is no true 24/7 real-time sync.
Prices per user could get very steep when you start subscribed to more modules.

Alternatives Considered: Dynamics 365 and NetSuite

Switched From: Dynamics 365 and NetSuite

Reasons for Switching to Method CRM: Its advertisement on easy integration with Quickbooks.

• Reviewed on 21/11/2019
Richard M.
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/09/2020

"Not a good fit for our organization"

Comments: It looked like it had potential when we were switching from the free CiviCRM through our Wordpress website. But because of the bad experience of trying to customize it and have the same tracking ability as CiviCRM, I basically wasted 6-months fooling around with it. I compromised for a year and used a supplemental spreadsheet or two to track what I needed and that didn't work out too well. So we switched to a different CRM now that is a better fit for us.

Pros: I liked the low cost and the clean interface that all looked much nicer than what we had been using. I really liked how tightly it could integrate with QuickBooks Online which saved us a lot of time!

Cons: I had the hardest time importing our data from another database and the one hour support, was barely enough time to get anywhere. When I attempted to create custom fields for our donors, I found it very overwhelming and didn't have the time to invest in the training videos.

by Method Integration on 22/09/2020

Hi Richard, thanks for sharing your experience with us. This is the kind of feedback we need to keep improving our product. While our DIY customization isn't for everyone, we do offer a team of Business Solutions Specialists to our customers who are customization experts as well as unlimited, free customer support. Regardless, we are glad your team has found a tool that's right for you!

• Reviewed on 11/09/2020
David W.
Managing Director
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/09/2021

"This was made for dummies"

Pros: I found the total integration with QuickBooks was the best compared to other products I have looked at .

Cons: At this point in time I cannot find a fault worth mentioning

by Method Integration on 14/09/2021

Thank you for finding the time to leave a review, David!

• Reviewed on 01/09/2021
Rosie A.
Business Supplies & Equipment, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 11/11/2020

"Best integration with QBO and Gmail for Free Trial/Great Price"

Comments: So far, Method has helped me develop my brand new business with processes that will not have to be duplicated or repeated or that will just be current placemarkers until I can begin the true process I want. I am filling in a database and learning the accounting necessary to make all quoting, selling, ordering, and invoicing steps seamless.
When I encountered a problem (I have a "tech curse".), she tested and found it occurred for her too. Then she used a different contact to troubleshoot, and the problem did not occur. She referred me to tech support; They helped me fix and work around. I really like that a Lead in Method can remain a lead forever, and it does not enter my Quickbooks until I make it a customer in Method. Undoing in Method is easy...not so easy in QBO.
My online encounters have been excellent with the Method staff.

Pros: I like the fact that I can integrate email, accounting, marketing and sales tracking, which is unparalleled for this price. Am still in free trial. 1-hour free customization is available - I will use it; have not yet. Method is somewhat intuitive. Support sessions answer questions where it is not clear. When an invoice is emailed it is copied to my own email address. Everything that is sent from the system is halted by a review screen asking "do you really want to send this?" I have caught myself in more than one error or case where I needed to re-word something. The 30 minute support sessions assign each customer a dedicated person saving time on subsequent sessions as there is no re-hashing of former details. Tech sessions are set on a self-serve calendar. When reserving time, customer also enters a list of items to be addressed. At the correct time all parties log in to Go to Meeting, and it is very efficient. My dedicated contact is excellent. And, a bonus - invoice emails state they are from my business in subject line so they are not lost.

Cons: I do not like that many of the areas I hope to use will cost more money. However, the seamless integration with QBO and the ability to track clients and maintain only one synched database outweighs any of the current pricing I am seeing. I have not been able to figure out where an email generated in Method is stored for future reference. I am sure one of the customer sessions will help me. I also do not like that the word estimate is what I have to use instead of quote.

by Method Integration on 01/12/2020

Thank you for taking the time to share this feedback with us. We are glad that our integration with QuickBooks is meeting your needs and helping your business. Feel free to book your free customization session with our team to do even more with Method:CRM.

• Reviewed on 11/11/2020
John C.
Membership Secretary BGTC Board
Education Management, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/08/2021

"Great Product with some Customization"

Comments: Great client support, awesome response times and highly effective software and backup team.

Pros: Out of the box, Method needs some customization to perform. Once in place, this jewel keeps showing more ways to interject itself in the Admin process of your facility as well as excel in the marketing for new members.
We are moving our workflow for potential members into Method from another platform which has a higher learning curve for Board Members and users to learn.

Cons: The customization can get expensive. While the integration, for us, with QB was critical, it did require some work to fit our needs.

by Method Integration on 31/08/2021

Great to hear that Method has been working well for your team. Thank you for the review!

• Reviewed on 11/08/2021
Brittney M.
Interior Designer
Design, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/03/2021

"Organized and simple"

Comments: I think its been great for our company and its so easy to use for anyone to catch on easy. Easy to send out sales order and emails.

Pros: I liked the activities because it helps remind me and holds me accountable to finish tasks.

Cons: Search bar seems to struggle sometimes finding companies/clients. Searching can be troublesome.

by Method Integration on 30/03/2021

Hi Brittney thanks for sharing your feedback! It's great to hear that Method:CRM is working well for your company.

• Reviewed on 23/03/2021
Jessica F.
Business Development
  • Reviewed on 26/04/2018

"Wonderful system for tracking sales and prompts customer support!"

Pros: The software allows me to tract every stage that a prospect is in, which makes it easy to report to my boss about deals and new projects. I love the Activity follow ups because it helps plan out who and when I need to be reaching back out to people. The reporting is very easy to pull and self explanatory when boss's are checking in on it.

Cons: I would like for their to be a way to talley the amount of the proposal on the reporting. It's easy for the sales person and owners to see how much is closed and is in the pipeline.

by Method Integration on 06/05/2018

Hi Jessica, thanks for reviewing Method:CRM. The sales pipeline features and activity tracking are great tools so I'm glad to hear you're experiencing their benefits. I'll be sure to pass along your product suggestion to our team, as we're always looking to make it even easier to manage and grow a small business. Thanks again, Lynda

• Reviewed on 26/04/2018
Emily W.
Consumer Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/04/2018

"I spent two weeks on the free trial. This was enough to let me know if was not a good fit."

Comments: If you had the time and knowledge to program this software, it could really be incredible. I think the software was just far more than my small company needed, so it just wasn't a great fit.

Pros: This software is POWERFUL. Wow. It can be totally customized to your needs, which would be incredible for someone in a very specific industry.

Cons: I did not have near the experience in programming needed to make this software work for my purposes. I found that the canned CRM systems (where the programming and forms are already set up) were a much better fit with FAR less work and time in set up.

• Reviewed on 09/04/2018
Maria Y.
Inside Sales Representative
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/07/2021

"Great CRM Software for your Businesses"

Comments: Great customer service
Great CRM is easy to use for every level in your company
Sync your emails, save time

Pros: I really enjoy having tools that would make my job organized, dynamic and up to the flow of my customer needs. I really enjoy this CRM!

Cons: Every feature is well designed from database to opportunities.

by Method Integration on 27/07/2021

Thank you for your feedback and we're glad to hear you're enjoying Method:CRM!

• Reviewed on 20/07/2021
John K.
Construction, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/04/2020

"Method to QB Desktop Pro issues"

Comments: We were trying to get more users for QB Desktop Pro and get cloud access. We cancelled Method and bought multi user QB.

Pros: This product does integrate with QB, and allows you cloud access to an otherwise noncloud QB file. It has many powerful customizable features, including a powerful new template designer.

Cons: Customization of the software requires significant technical knowledge and is not for the average user whose business is something other than software customization. If you internet connection is slow, Method is almost nonfunctional. Integration with QB Desktop Pro plus a slow internet connection put some of our transactions such as recieving payments into the most impossible gridlocks.

• Reviewed on 28/04/2020
Consultant & Principal
Accounting
  • Reviewed on 15/02/2018

"Your data is not safe with Method. They deleted our data twice forcing us to rebuild from scratch."

Pros: Ability to customize application. However, features are a moot point for a foreign, cloud-based company that accidentally and irretrievably deletes your data multiple times.

by Method Integration on 28/03/2018

Hi there, I'm sorry to hear this. When a subscription gets canceled due to non-payment, or any other reason, you may be able to request a restore. Here's a full article on our help center: https://www.method.me/help/34636-method-faq/304564#how-does-an-account-get-cancelled. Please contact us directly to see how we can help out, and get your account back up and running.

• Reviewed on 15/02/2018
Tyler W.
Operations
  • Reviewed on 25/04/2018

"Seamless transition"

Pros: We are particularly impressed by the ease of use and adaptation throughout our organization while implementing Method CRM. The QB sync function allows us to work proficiently from anywhere. Support is Top Notch.

Cons: Each person has their "wish it did this list" to increase efficiency accommodate their own personal style of working. No show stoppers and at this point and we are trimming down that list weekly.

by Method Integration on 06/05/2018

Thanks for the review, Tyler! That's great to hear that your team is adopting Method:CRM and getting help from our team. Be sure to check out the customization capabilities for further efficiency gains. Thanks again, Lynda

• Reviewed on 25/04/2018
Megan F.
Megan F.
Sales Administrator
  • Reviewed on 24/04/2018

"Very user friendly and great for every-day use!"

Comments: tracking sales leads, generating reports for internal sales teams

Pros: I love how there is a live chat option built directly into the main page (you don't always have to go digging for help). It's user friendly and simple to figure out. The customization options are also ideal!

Cons: Would like a little more options for the basic package (seeing invoice history, setting opportunities, for example). Also assigning a currency to new customers would be helpful.

by Method Integration on 06/05/2018

Hi Megan, thanks for your review of Method:CRM. I'll pass along your feedback to the team as we're always looking to further improve our offerings. Thanks again, Lynda

Donny C.
Donny C.
Construction, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/10/2018

"Stay Away from Method"

Comments: Anyone looking for a crm system for their business please stay away from Method CRM. Worse CRM on the market. We chose it because it was Canadian and its supposed to sync with our system quickbooks. Thousands of of dollars later in implementation and it's still not good. Please if you or your team or friends are looking please steer away from Method CRM you will thank you me .
They only want to help if you pay we spent 21 k in implementation and our syncs are not syncing properly and it's not right. Not at all happy with it. My staff and it department are doing extra work to fix things in quickbooks and costing our company even more money.

Pros: the best part of of Method is that it syncs with Quick books

Cons: the support, and the accountability if they are in the wrong. they point fingers at the client if they have issues with the syncing.

• Reviewed on 16/10/2018
Robin H.
Principal Consultant
  • Reviewed on 22/08/2013

"Method CRM and QuickBooks"

Comments: I have been consulting on QuickBooks for about 15 years. The more that I consult with clients on QuickBooks, the more that I am finding that I need to let QuickBooks do the accounting and other systems do the business work flow. Method CRM allows me to bring the whole package to my clients.
When we started introducing Method CRM to our clients, it really opened their eyes to being able to have integrated systems and not having to duplicate their efforts. Method CRM has a flawless two way sync engine that will update the customer information in either system. With this we have been able to tailor the system for the things that their employees needed to see. Being able to customize Method CRM has opened doors for us that were impossible to do just with QuickBooks alone. QuickBooks along with Method CRM is definitely a winning combination.
It is amazing how we can help our clients with all of their business needs.

• Reviewed on 22/08/2013
Jack B.
CIO
Construction, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/08/2019

"Database Platform Unreliable, CRM based on it Very Cool"

Comments: WE had to let it go and find something else after extensive 'degradation' of what we had already finished.

Pros: Their comprehensive approach to CRM was very cool and helpful. They focused on actions and resulting actions for every contact update. Their customization, including their DB engine was a big selling point.

Cons: Half of everything we painstakingly made in the DB basically fell apart after it was tested and tweaked. It was very hard to navigate, requiring extensive videos and documentation.

• Reviewed on 31/08/2019
Eric C.
Eric C.
  • Reviewed on 24/04/2018

"We've enjoyed getting more organized and intentional in our lead follow up."

Comments: lead followup

Pros: I like that it's cloud based, customizable, QB integrated, and has quick helpful customer support via CHAT

Cons: Sometimes a little wonky just trying to enter a simple quick note on a file but you get used to it...

by Method Integration on 06/05/2018

Thank you for reviewing Method:CRM, Eric. It's great to know your business is becoming more intentional with your lead follow-ups. I'm sure this is going to help you close more sales.
Thanks again
Lynda

Jeremy C.
Hospitality, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/06/2018

"terrible"

Comments: None, actually

Pros: low sticker price, and they say 'yes' to everything you want. However, when you actually get started you realize how rigid the system is and how cumbersome the customization process is. They expect you to become a developer, or pay they a premium. I would STAY AWAY

Cons: extremely difficult to customize, and expensive. They charge your huge fees for hours and end up charging more to correct mistakes. Customization process takes ages. They are cocky and rude to clients who want the software to do more than their limited abilities.

by Method Integration on 14/06/2018

Hi Jeremy, I'm sorry you feel your experience with our team has been anything but positive. We strive to provide world-class service to all customers. I've passed along your feedback to the team who will be reaching out to rectify your experience.

• Reviewed on 07/06/2018
Aaron G.
Nanotechnology, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/04/2021

"CRM for client Engagement"

Comments: All interactions were outstanding, even if I didn't like the answer quite professional

Pros: Method was straight forward to setup and integrate with Quickbooks.

Cons: I can bill my customer but have to pay to have an integration for allowing my customer to repurchase the same product. Unable to find an integration with another storefront

by Method Integration on 08/04/2021

Hi Aaron, thanks for taking to the time to leave us this feedback. If you let us know which integration you're looking for we might be able to make something happen for you. Our online portals may also do the trick!

• Reviewed on 02/04/2021
  • Reviewed on 30/01/2019
Owner | PR and Marketing Manager
Construction, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/07/2019

"Thanks to the Method team!"

Pros: The Method team has been so helpful in our transition to this CRM software. They have helped to streamline our business!

Cons: There are a lot of customization limitations that you can't do yourself but the Method team is responsive when you need something outside your expertise.

• Reviewed on 17/07/2019
Alicia M.
Director of Operations
Financial Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/06/2021

"Makes it easy for clients to keep track of transactions and for us to keep track of leads"

Pros: The search and linking of the account with QBO is an amazing feature!

Cons: No cons at the moment. If anything, all the added features for use with other employees can add up but that is also very customizable.

by Method Integration on 15/06/2021

Thanks for being a Method customer Alicia!

• Reviewed on 08/06/2021
Valerie J.
Client Care Coordinator
  • Reviewed on 03/02/2018

"At first glance, powerful CRM. Over year of use has lead to second thoughts."

Pros: The best thing about MethodCRM is that changing one line of a client profile makes the change universal, which helps when looking at past purchases, billing statements, etc. It also syncs to Quickbooks, which is important for the billing aspect of our business.

Cons: The user-facing design is from the Dawn of the Internet. Customer support is severely lacking; every time we reach out, we are met with exasperation and are told our problems are "user error"-- even when the issue is a customization issue, and nothing we could have done would have fixed it. I know the point of UX is to make an app look and act less like a bunch of code, but MethodCRM doesn't quite get there. Overall, it's a powerful CRM, but don't use it unless your team is already tech-savvy.

• Reviewed on 03/02/2018