Workable Reviews

by Workable Software

• Overall
    4.4/5
    4.3/5

About Workable

Workable is the worlds leading hiring platform. We help companies find, evaluate and hire better candidates, faster.

Learn more about Workable

Courtney F.
Director of People Operations
Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/04/2020

"Great System, needs a few tweaks to be perfect"

Comments: It's been great, the system is good, has a few things it could improve on but a good system.

Pros: This system has really been great for us. It is easy to create jobs, post, and make notes throughout the process.

Cons: Needs a better way for merging candidates from indeed, they get different email addresses so really causes a problem in our system. Need to be able to attach several reqs to one and clear they are together. Indeed integration is wonky, have issues with our jobs being seen but get far better results with a direct link. Ease of seeing things, if notes are so long hard to get to what is needed.

by Workable Software on 01/05/2020

Thank you for your feedback! It was shared with your Account Manager. We're glad that you've found Workable to be a great system.

• Reviewed on 30/04/2020
Darlene O.
Senior People Operations Manager
  • Reviewed on 15/08/2019

"Workable is Great!"

Comments: What is really nice about Workable is that everyone on the team can see each other's comments and updates in real time. The calendaring feature that allows us to invite the candidate and have it show up on our outlook calendar is fabulous and makes our lives so much easier. Workable also sends emails with upcoming trainings which we find helpful.

Pros: What I like most about Workable is that it is intuitive and easy to use. We do very little training when we add employees to use the system. I also like how the system saves what I've been working on and can return to my notes without having to start over from the beginning.

Cons: Right now, there is nothing that I would complain about or change with Workable.

by Workable Software on 21/08/2019

Thanks for your feedback! We're glad getting people to adopt the system has been easy, and when your team needs additional training that we meet your needs.

• Reviewed on 15/08/2019
Allie D.
Director of Operations
  • Reviewed on 03/02/2020

"The Bad Outweighs the Good- Beware Sales!"

Comments: Solid tool if you have a fairly simple process; still allows for customization, which is great.
Hilariously/infuriatingly rude sales process. No desire to fix issues, just to trap you in contracts.

Pros: Workable has a simple, clean layout that was easy to customize and train my team on. It did exactly what we needed it to do and allows for a good deal of customization for our somewhat-unique hiring process.

Cons: The sales team are vultures. We planned to renew our contract after one year, and confirmed so via *email*. After some discussion, we realized we were probably overpaying; we included People Search in our initial contract (which is terrible and doesn't work reliably at all). We asked our sales rep, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], if we could remove that from our invoice, and were told we already had "a grandfathered deal" and should be glad we weren't paying more. The tone was downright rude. Because we don't need anything too complicated, we decided to move to another ATS with a slightly lower cost. When Workable sent us the invoice to renew, we notified them that we would not be doing so- 2 weeks before contract expiration. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] *so rudely* replied that my verbal acknowledgement a month before was binding, and that we were stuck with another year. Obviously, we're fighting that, but it's really shocking that Workable is more interested in roping customers into contracts than understanding why they want to leave in the first place.

by Workable Software on 05/02/2020

We're so sorry that you did not have a good experience with the Workable product and our Sales Team. Customer success is very important to us. As your Account Manager is in contact with you currently, we will also make sure to further understand everything in this review during our conversation.

• Reviewed on 03/02/2020
HR Director
  • Reviewed on 15/01/2020

"Excellent customer service!"

Pros: [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is a rock star. You should ask for her directly as your rep when initializing your contract with Workable. She went above and beyond to deliver excellent customer service and answer my many questions, even though my company size is smaller than those she typically contracts with.

Cons: So far, no complaints. Workable has a great user interface and integrates with CriteriaCorp, our candidate aptitude/personality screening software.

by Workable Software on 16/01/2020

Thanks for your feedback! It's great to hear about your experience with our Sales Team. We're looking forward to having you as a Workable customer!

• Reviewed on 15/01/2020
Jenna P.
Recruiting Coordinator
Information Technology & Services, 10,001+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/12/2019

"Workable Review"

Comments: My overall experience with Workable has been great. It's easy to use and has a lot of amazing functions to help with our recruiting process.

Pros: I love how easy it is to track everything under a candidate's profile and to move candidates along under a job requisition. It's a great central location for all candidate notes, feedback, etc.

Cons: I'm not sure I have any real complaints. My only complaint would be that (at least for us) we haven't fully been able to integrate it with Outlook.

by Workable Software on 01/05/2020

Thanks for your feedback! I've passed along your review to your Account Manager. We're glad that you've enjoyed Workable's functionality and that it continues to help your recruitment process.

• Reviewed on 30/12/2019
Tyler K.
Sales Manager
  • Reviewed on 09/12/2019

"Entire team's notes in one place"

Comments: Overall it has simplified our hiring and recruiting process which saves time and makes sure that we vet candidates more thoroughly.

Pros: Our company goes through multiple interview stages with different people in the various departments of our org. Workable is a great place to consolidate our notes on every candidate into one place so I can see what concerns or positives other people have uncovered. We don't need to send multiple emails or keep a google doc anymore because Workable contains everything in one place.

Cons: I don't have any major concerns, I'm not a recruiter so I only use Workable on a surface level and so far it's met every need that I've had.

by Workable Software on 12/12/2019

Thanks for your feedback! We're glad your hiring team collaboration and interview process are much smoother with Workable.

• Reviewed on 09/12/2019
Technology Consultant
  • Reviewed on 07/01/2020

"Great tool for recruiting"

Comments: Good bit of kit to manage recruitment for a medium sized company

Pros: Easy to use and manage multiple candidates for multiple positions, easy to liaise with recruiters, and selectively share information with them

Cons: Only real complaint is with the mobile site, which isn't very usable, however it isn't meant to be used on mobile so understandable

by Workable Software on 08/01/2020

Thanks for your feedback! We're glad you've been able to manage recruitment successfully with Workable. In terms of mobile, we have mobile applications on both Android and iOS. If you'd like further information, please reach out to [email protected]

• Reviewed on 07/01/2020
Samantha H.
sams reviews
Internet, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/10/2019

"workable"

Comments: my overall with workable very impressed with the overall design and seamless process to hire

Pros: the software give a multiply ways to hire and keep up with your employees as well as have it in one location the seamless way to do one thing to the other is impressive and easy use and learn all pluses

Cons: to keep up with more stuff (work load) not anything with the software

by Workable Software on 12/11/2019

Thanks for your feedback! We're glad you like Workable's design and it's great to hear that we've helped your company to have a seamless hiring process.

• Reviewed on 27/10/2019
Daniel M.
Event Coordinator
Events Services, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/11/2019

"Organized Event Staffing"

Comments: Other than some poor customer service communication issues, the software has performed up to expectations.

Pros: The small business I work at, Kurbside Katering, gave this software a free trial test. It is similar to other staffing software. Claims to have a lower hiring cost reduction, waiting on the outcome of 2 recent hires. So far, so good. Page layouts and navigation are very nicely done.

Cons: Customer service so far has been a bit hard to communicate. It maybe a rare occurrence, no more after more usage. Other than that, no problems to speak ofm

by Workable Software on 05/12/2019

Thanks for your feedback! We're glad you saw success with your trial. We pride ourselves on a great Customer Support Team with fast communication and are sorry that you didn't have a good experience.

• Reviewed on 08/11/2019
Arun R.
Lead - Business Intelligence
Information Technology & Services, 10,001+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/02/2020

"Workable Review"

Comments: Easy to use and needs less training to get familiarized with.

Pros: Easy to use and manage multiple candidates for multiple positions. The help feature is so well described and answer to any question is available there.

Cons: Mobile browsing is difficult and it would be better if the integration is much better with outlook and other mail agents.

by Workable Software on 11/02/2020

Thanks for your feedback! We're glad that you've handled your hiring process successfully with Workable, and that any questions that come up get answered quickly.

• Reviewed on 07/02/2020
Rose D.
HR Manager
Management Consulting
  • Reviewed on 29/05/2015

"JUST WHAT WE WERE LOOKING FOR, AND MORE!!!!"

Pros: The software is well thought out, and by far the ONLY affordable option we found on the market. The fact that our employment ads, once on Workable, automatically go out to many FREE job sites without any further action on our part is a huge plus and has led to our being able to have more applications to review (and even more than we can handle sometimes -- but that's HARDLY a complaint!) Workable has been a blessing to our company. I know that sounds cliche', but it's definitely true. I personally spoke with various vendors and attended a few online demos of other options, but the pricing was way beyond what our company's budget could handle! The President of our Company would only support monthly fees that were next to nothing, and I did not believe that such a product existed -- we had also searched a year or so ago, to no avail due to pricing. (Unfortunately I did not come across Workable at that time, or we would be a year into using it by now! The vendor has a helpful, down-to-earth approach. I have received an email or two (often from more than one rep) AT LEAST ONCE A WEEK asking how we like the product and if there is anything Workable can do to further support us. Workable's reps understand the right balance of "helpful". To receive phone calls would be annoying because our office environment is hectic and it's much more efficient to be able to communiate via email. I like receiving their messages, because it provides a quick and easy avenue to address questions or concerns. Any time I have asked a question through email, I have received a response very quickly.

Cons: I do not have any significant complaints. The one thing that the Workable software does not include is a pre-made space for an applicant to input their middle name. In instances where an applicant has a very common first and last name, we WANT that middle name (call us crazy!?!). I approached a Workable rep about this (via trusty email!) and he said that they have found that, in the absence of a specific Middle Name block, applicants tend to put their first and middle name in the First Name block. This has not been our experience at all, and I found that answer a bit offputting -- but it's far from a major issue! The software allows for users to add fields beyond the generic, but I believe applicants would be more apt to fill in their middle name if the block was there, front and center. Some applicants just leave the name space we added blank since it's "after the fact". Again though, if this is our biggest problem, we will still prosper with the help of this software!

• Reviewed on 29/05/2015
Diana H.
Operations and Recruiting
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/07/2017

"The Easiest Applicant Tracking Software to Figure Out"

Comments: We're a startup with less than 15 people trying to hire 4-5 more. We have two people in charge of recruiting. After getting in touch with other ATS' (Lever, BreezyHR, Jobvite, HiringThing, the Applicant Stack), we went with Workable. This is possibly simply because most of those other softwares put me into a sales cycle queue, and I had to wait 3-4 days before I could talk to someone or see a demo. Meanwhile, Workable lets you sign up for a trial, and gets out of your way. I figured everything out on my own in 20 minutes. I think this is a testament to how well built their UI is-- you don't need a 30 minute handheld demo to figure it out, unlike other ATS (apparently). To compare, BreezyHR was also fairly intuitive, but we liked the feel of Workable better. Lever is also VERY beautiful software, but we got quoted around 6k/year (no monthly option). Meanwhile, Workable, is 200/mo for 4 jobs (monthly, not annual contract), and has 98% of the same functionality. Lever, based on the demo I got from their very nice saleslady, seems better if you're a big company where you need help streamlining communication quickly between departments, or want help auto-nurturing your recruited candidates. That just wasn't us, we're smaller and only hiring 4-5 people right now. Workable was easy to figure out, responsive, customizable, and I liked the monthly pay option. I would recommend it to any startup or small company, without any hesitation. Also, if you're recruiting...the real Workable seller is the People Search function. I almost don't want to talk about it, because I don't want other people to know about it.

Pros: -Incredibly intuitive interface
-Upfront pricing that's easy to understand and reasonable (not great, but reasonable)
-Customizable pipeline
-People Search Chrome extension is INCREDIBLE and no one else has it.
-Easy, one step posting to multiple job sites (free and premium)
-Custom links so applicants can apply from anywhere and still end up in your pipeline.
-On/Off mode: You can pay monthly when you're hiring, and stop when you have no active jobs. You won't lose your data.

Cons: -A few bugs (software doesn't always fetch a photo when you put in an email, even if it finds multiple social profiles)
-Customer Support isn't immediate (you have to email, but they usually respond in <6 hours)

• Reviewed on 11/07/2017
Victoria H.
HRIS Specialist
  • Reviewed on 02/04/2015

"Excellent Service and Job Posting Portal"

Comments: Working with Workable is great! The system is very intuitive and straight forward; it is easy to use, understand, customize, and looks neat and professional. Categories for candidates are well organized and it is easy to manage candidates who were not selected versus those we would like to see continue through the interviewing and hiring process. We have received many hits on our postings and have quality candidates applying for each position we post. I love how un-cluttered Workable is. Workable has everything we need to successfully fill our positions, and has nothing that we don't need. Our company "careers" page looks very professional, modern, and we love that it can be used on its own as a link from our company page, or embedded via code into our page directly. I also enjoy the fact that if we're not reaching a good audience using the standard free listings, we have the option for a small fee to make our job posting premier or sponsored on the site of our choice for greater visibility. Haven't had to use this yet though as we're happy with the candidates currently coming in. It's really easy to add users, hiring managers, and external recruiters to Workable and assign job openings to them. We hire for a lot of different locations and it is great to have a manager 3000 miles away be able to manage their candidates on their own with ease. Resume upload and parsing is great and helped us from the transition from an old job posting portal to Workable. I uploaded hundreds of resumes from active jobs we had open with the old system into the new posts we made with Workable, and the process took all of 10 minutes with no data entry involved on my end. All our candidates are saved and attached to their proper jobs, and nothing was lost in the transition. Workable customer service is very prompt and polite, and always resolve our questions and inquiries quickly and with great advice and support. Workable shows that they value their customers and will work with us to train us in their system, help with setup and any issues we may encounter. To be honest we don't really have a lot of issues with Workable to begin with, but the few we had (getting them set up as a vendor because they are not based in the US and basics of learning ins and outs of the system) have been resolved to our expectations. A+ service at an A+ value.

• Reviewed on 02/04/2015
Katy I.
recruiter
Financial Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/07/2019

"An ATS that works"

Comments: works for me

Pros: -easy to find candidates by name
-easy to edit job descriptions

Cons: -no custom sharing links
-would like to be able to tailor messages to candidates more
-would like to be able to filter candidates based on certain criteria
-would like to be able to search for candidates by last 4 digits of phone number

by Workable Software on 07/08/2019

Thanks for your feedback - we're glad you enjoy using Workable! Your account manager and our support team are always here to help come up with solutions to any problems you encounter.

• Reviewed on 23/07/2019
Caleb W.
Administrator, HRIS and Payroll
Management Consulting, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/04/2018

"Easy to Use and Cost Effective"

Comments: It's a good company and a good platform that is easy to use. If you are looking for a more cost effective option and are okay with losing some of the features you would get with a bigger ATS, Workable is a good choice. They do focus on rolling out new features and I am excited to see what happens next with them.

Pros: Very easy to use system, and the interfaces are intuitive for admins, users, and applicants. Each job goes out to 12 free job boards and candidates find it very easy to apply. Also allows candidates to apply with LinkedIn. Tracking of candidates through each job process is very easy with the "Bins" that peoples can flow through. Email templates, interview templates help keep the process simple and effective. Workable allows for each integration with HRIS, screening tools, and other interfaces.

Cons: Not much customization available depending on the price point you are willing to pay. More of an out-of-box software and does not allow the flexibility you would see with some other bigger ATS's. Some features you

• Reviewed on 17/04/2018
Michael K.
HR Coordinator
Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/10/2018

"Easy to use product!"

Pros: Functionality of the product is superb. Many of our hiring managers find it really easy to use. Often times, they don't even need a training on how to use the product. My favorite feature is the ability to email candidates directly from the software. It's a great way to keep yourself organized especially when you are emailing a dozen candidates. It also allows other hiring managers to see your emails that way they are aware of your progress with the candidate.

Cons: One thing I do not like about Workable is the fact that the hiring stages cannot be customized for each individual role. For example, if one role requires a phone interview and another does not, I cannot remove this phone interview stages for the role that does not require it. The hiring stages are "one size fits all."

• Reviewed on 11/10/2018
Madelin W.
Recruiting Manager
Telecommunications, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/10/2017

"My favorite ATS so far!"

Comments: The ease of use allows me to track my applicants in the most effective way. Workable saves me time in recruiting, with the options of templates, background checks, assessments, and other integrations.

Pros: I really enjoy the ease of use. Everything is laid out in such a way, that you can navigate easily. I've trained a few people to use Workable, and they picked it up quickly. They also have many integrations that improve the value. The customizable pipeline is great, and they offer templates you can write, or use their provided ones. They have the option to drag and drop a resume, which will upload a candidate. I use this feature frequently and it is the quickest and most effective I've seen. Overall, Workable has the features I want most in an ATS.

Cons: The reporting is not my favorite. They have many options for reports, but you cannot customize all of them, which makes it harder to track the lead sources in depth. I wish there was a better rating system, currently, I can do thumbs up or thumbs down, but I find many candidates don't fall into either of those two categories.

• Reviewed on 03/10/2017
Elizabeth O.
HR Specialist
  • Reviewed on 07/06/2017

"It was a great stepping stone"

Comments: If you only need a few roles, and you want something super easy to use with basically no learning curve, this is a great option. If you need 5 or more open jobs at all times, you might benefit from shopping around.

Pros: Workable was VERY easy to use - the buttons are where you want them to be, it's easy to create new roles, emails, etc. My favorite piece was the clean/easy dashboard. An unlimited user is a nice feature. The scorecards are awesome and easy to use, and they are creating new helpful features like this all the time. Gmail integration works well.

Cons: Workable's pricing structure isn't conducive to our needs anymore, it's gotten expensive for the platform that it is. There's no email automation aside from template creation, you can't create different pipeline stages for different roles - you are stuck with one pipeline for all your reqs. Outlook integration does NOT work well.

• Reviewed on 07/06/2017
Adele B.
Project Manager, Museum Collection Cataloger
Museums & Institutions, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/03/2019

"Does The Job"

Comments: We use Workable as our primary hiring portal to track a job from posting to final hire. Overall it's been easy and intuitive to use. Great as an active workflow tool.

Pros: Really appreciate how the system keeps a running track of communication, correspondences, and interview invites by day and time for each candidate. Also, the ability for each party in the hiring process to leave their feedback on candidates at each stage of the process, and vote people forward or not, provides such a streamlined workflow for moving applicants through the pipeline. Additional features such as single-click links for syndicating a job posting, and being able to set permissions for each job on the back-end, are incredibly useful as well.

Cons: There is a lot of scrolling-- scrolling down lists of candidates, scrolling down candidate applications. When you are dealing with hundreds of applicants, it can be difficult to track which applications you have read and those you haven't.

by Workable Software on 26/04/2019

Thanks for your feedback! In terms of scrolling through candidates, I recommend reaching out to [email protected] and they can help to optimize your pipeline. Alternatively, we have a webinar on Perfecting your Workable Pipeline: https://help.workable.com/hc/en-us/articles/360016241153--Video-Webinar-Perfecting-your-Workable-pipeline

• Reviewed on 27/03/2019
Mohamed B.
BPA Consultant
  • Reviewed on 19/12/2018

"Very good Value for Money"

Comments: the System is very good and affordable for small and medium and maybe some large companies, it will make life easier for recruiters and fasten the process, but if you need more Analysis, reports and also if you have complex requirements for hiring process & stages it will aim for other ATS
the System features is developing which is something exciting.

Pros: 1- Reasonable price compared to other ATS
2- Easy to use Software that doesn't need much training and easy navigation around the System.
3- availability of trial period which is not the case with other ATS
4- automate the publishing of job vacancies on free and premium sites as well
5- customizable pipeline.
6- Chrome browser extinsion which I didn't see in most ATS.
7- Auto screening process based on the criteria defined for the Job.
8- Interview Management, from Calendaring to scoring and Qualifying the candidate
9- easy integration through APIs with other systems for on boarding and HRMS enrollment

Cons: 1- job stages not customizable per job title so all jobs will follow same stages
2- Reporting isn't very good as customization is limited.
3- Candidate Rating needs enhancement, it cannot be only about thumbs up or down

• Reviewed on 19/12/2018
Diego S.
Recruiting Manager
Telecommunications, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/12/2016

"Great Tool -- Some Room for Improvement"

Comments: Workable is a great tool for tracking and building out recruitment funnels. There are some irregularities, such as issues where LinkedIn profile duplicates are not recognized when uploading a candidate via a link. With a large team, this adds an extra step to every upload by needing to double-check the system for a candidate prior to making an upload. Room for Improvement: Build out the Chrome extension to immediately recognize duplicates straight from the browser.

Pros: * Able to build out recruiting funnels/hiring process.
* Wide variety of analytics to track recruiting KPIs.
* Candidates can easily be tracked throughout the process.
* Quickly pull up social media information.

Cons: * Gmail conversations do not always sync, which leaves you needing to use Workable.
* Duplicates are not recognized by the system.
* Social media information is not always accurate.

• Reviewed on 05/12/2016
Amanda S.
Residential and Human Resources Program Assistant
Nonprofit Organization Management, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/10/2018

"Review from The Mental Health Association of Columbia-Greene Counties"

Comments: Overall our experience with workable has been great no issues that have never been resolved. An easy to use software.

Pros: I like how easy it is to use this software, it is extremely easy to teach new users most of the features that they would need to use. Another thing I love about the software is if you ever have a question most of them can be answered by looking in the help section. I use the chat feature a lot when I am having issues and the response is always fast and efficient.

Cons: I wish there was a way to kick back the voluntary EEO forms to our email when individuals fill them out instead of just a report that can be run.

• Reviewed on 10/10/2018
Taylor I.
Human Resource Generalist
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/08/2018

"Workable review"

Pros: Workable is extremely easy to use. The features built in are very self explanatory and the job boards are top notch.

Cons: Everything seems to be coming at a price now. Workable started off as one of the most truly affordable ATS systems. They have not always been the first ATS to the table when introducing new functionality, but they seem to do a good job with it. However, they have been taking away portions of the product that were initially available, which comes off as greedy. Customer service is incredibly inflexible at times, which is quite frustrating for a company that has been with them for so long.

• Reviewed on 21/08/2018
Recruitment Solutions Consultant / Sales
  • Reviewed on 14/01/2019

"One of the best ATS for small and medium sized companies"

Comments: The product was of great help while we were rapidly expanding without a structure to our hiring. Workable allowed us to customize the job flow as we required

Pros: The tool has been a great asset for your organization. it allows us to pick and customize the modules that we want to use and expand as we need. We also love the attention to detail and their understanding of the recruitment process. Features like easy sharing of profiles with hiring managers, candidate feedback and tracking have been built with great care and thought. Its made our recruiters work a lot easier

Cons: The software has certain drawbacks when implemented at a large scale. The ATS might not be the easiest to scale and minor bugs can be found occasionally.

• Reviewed on 14/01/2019
Matt P.
CFO
  • Reviewed on 06/08/2019

"Great Platfrom for Internal Recruting"

Comments: I have been using Workable for many years, at several different companies and can not say enough great things about this product. Its UI is fantastic, integration with sites such as indeed, monster etc. are seamless and have many other integrations are great.

Pros: What is there not to like. Pros
1. Low cost
2. Easy integration with O365 and Google
3. Collaboration/team sharing of information on candidates
4. Great UI
5. Easy integration to Co. website
6. Easy posting to both free and paid job boards

Cons: Cons
1. must be a premium license holder for some of the functionality and integrations and the price change is rather large moving from one license type to another.
2. no way to countersign offer letter
3. Would be nice if they could handle onboarding as well as an add on feature.

by Workable Software on 21/08/2019

Thanks for your feedback! It's always great to hear about people who've used Workable at several companies.

• Reviewed on 06/08/2019