Filter by:

• Overall

About Mailjet

Build Together. Send Smarter.
The email solution for fast-moving teams.

Learn more about Mailjet

Mark M.
Mark M.
Vice President of Information Technology
Market Research, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/01/2021

"Great mailing platform"

Comments: Easy to setup, I like how they instruct you to setup your mailing domain in an optimal way and guide you through the process.

Pros: The overall design of the platform as well as the email builder is one of the best i've seen. It makes it possible for even novice users to design templates and send email campaigns.

Cons: Price is a bit high compared to some open source and self hosted options like OemPro but for a SASS product its still pretty good.

• Reviewed on 28/01/2021
Gabriele P.
Developer
Food & Beverages, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/09/2019

"A great service for a small price"

Comments: Great DX for the integration, familiar UI, great analytics, honest pricing, possibility to send SMS. The product I was looking for, recommended.

Pros: - Easily create email templates with web-based editor
- Great analytics for your emails
- Easy API integration

Cons: - Cannot buy a dedicated IP unless you send 150k emails/month, I'd like to build my reputation from now

• Reviewed on 20/09/2019
James B.
Pastor
Religious Institutions, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 30/09/2019

"Works great! Easy to Use! Very Reliable!"

Comments: My overall experience with Mailjet is that it is excellent software. It is easy to use, it just works, it's easy to set up, it provides awesome verification of my mail reaching its destination, I will continue to be a happy Mailjet user for years to come.

Pros: I appreciate Mailjet for a couple of reasons. The first and most important is reliability. My E-mails always get sent out, and they always reach their destination. Mailjet is careful about preventing users from using it as a spam gateway, which means it has a good reputation which means that other companies and servers do not block Majiljet which means that my mail gets sent out properly. The second thing I love most about Mailjet is how easy it is to set up. When I went to set it up, the configuration was simple, and it started to work quickly. I also love Mailjet because it has a useful dashboard that allows me to check and ensure that my E-mail did get sent out and reached its intended recipient. That leaves me never wondering whether my message was received or not.

Cons: What I appreciate least about this software is that there have been limitations placed on my account which limits how many E-mails I can send out within a specific period of time. While I have never reached the limit, or even really approached the limit as far as I am aware, and I am aware it is to ensure that spam is not sent out, I still felt that the limitation was not necessary and although I continue to happily use the software, and will continue to do so, this would probably continue to be my least favorite aspect of using Mailjet.

• Reviewed on 30/09/2019
Aj L.
Lead Developer
  • Reviewed on 22/08/2020

"Best free email smtp provider"

Comments: We've implemented Mailjet on our clients that needs more customization in marketing emails.

Pros: Mailjet offers more free emails than its closes competitor Mailgun. Mailgun has its own perks but if you want more emails per month go for Mailjet. 200 per day vs 1000+ a month for Mailgun. Mailjet wins when it comes to marketing emails.

Cons: Can't easily add/remove members in a mailing list. No DKIM off the bat.

• Reviewed on 22/08/2020
Pashminu M.
Broadcast Media, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/12/2019

"Good value for money"

Comments: Overall, I am very much glad to have a pocket friendly marking too.

Pros: It is easy to get started with all the options and the best feature is to schedule the emailers. Also, the reports are good enough for normal email marketing.

Cons: There should be a feature to show the click heat map, that would be helpful is getting better insights on writing the emailer content and links etc.

• Reviewed on 14/12/2019
Lucas P.
Creative Director
Design, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 19/02/2019

"Of all the ESPs I use, I tend to prefer MailJet for nearly everything"

Comments: The number-one unique feature that Mailjet provides is MJML with a drag-and-drop builder. Hands-down the best way to roll out anything from an MVP email for testing to a full-fledged transactional messaging system. The close integration of the Builder with the Send API to dynamically populate the messages is AWESOME! Separating code and design is definitely a goal that this can help you achieve. I love being able to send through SMTP. It's a huge plus for managed WordPress hosting environments where it's impractical to run a mail server. I also really appreciate the Mail Parse API, which allows me to focus on processing inbound emails via webhook and JSON -- no messy content or attachment handling. The freemium setup, as of early 2019, is sufficient to run small operations for $0, and then the entry-level paid plan is such a good value after you outgrow the free level. I recommend Mailjet to all my clients who need mail sending or receipt/processing.

Pros: Freemium pricing structure
Good value for entry-level paid plan
MJML WYSIWYG Builder
Data-merge into stored templates
Email address shortcut to send to entire mailing list

Cons: There seems to be some question about the definition of a transactional message. My client's emails that resulted from visitors filling a form (a transaction, I would say) were blocked based on content filters and the support team didn't have a really good answer as to why, other than quoting their policy that the service is for sending bulk or transactional messages only. This issue may have been cleared up in the meantime.

• Reviewed on 19/02/2019
Adolf R.
Software Developer
Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/08/2019

"Mailjet the best current mailing tool."

Comments: My experience as a Mailjet client has been wonderful both personally and professionally, especially in the company where we have the need to send notifications, advertising campaigns and promotional emails whose processes are evaluated in real time and also have the advantage that These shipments will be customized.

Pros: Mailjet is a very easy to use platform with very striking features, where I can observe all the results of the campaigns that are carried out, which allows us to use all the past content that is stored securely, all this historical we analyze it and We use to optimize our future strategies. A very interesting feature of this system is that we can send transactional and marketing emails from the same platform without incurring additional expenses.

Cons: I suggest that the customer support provided by Mailjet can be improved in the advisory aspect, however this does not prevent it from being considered a platform that is well structured.

• Reviewed on 30/08/2019
William T.
William T.
Technical Director / Owner
  • Reviewed on 29/11/2016

"frogdog.io loves mailjet!"

Comments: Mailjet is our go to solution for deploying emails from webforms. We use mailjet on almost every website we do for our clients who can't or won't provide their own SMTP solution.

Pros: Free! At least for our limited use case.
Simple to setup and confirm new domains or addresses.
Can manage multiple clients' needs through a single mailjet account.

Cons: The limitations on the free-tier account are fairly low (200/day), but its free so its hard to complain.

• Reviewed on 29/11/2016
Rj N.
Co-Founder
Computer & Network Security, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/04/2018

"Mailjet has been perfect as a mail relay."

Comments: I don't have to maintain my own e-mail relay and don't have to worry about my e-mail bouncing.

Pros: The best thing about Mailjet is that it just works (for my purposes) - it's very easy to setup and very easy to get SPF/DKIM working properly. It also provides insight into how your mail is being delivered which is great for both marketing insight and troubleshooting.

Cons: The DKIM key length is not user adjustable (to my knowledge) and longer than one my registrar's (namecheap) supports.

• Reviewed on 05/04/2018
Krishan R.
senior cloud systems engineer
  • Reviewed on 05/07/2019

"One of best email & SMS relay service"

Pros: Mailjet allows to send bulk emails and the management console is very user friendly. Any one can easily configure email relay settings. I'm using mailjet for more than 2 years and it is secure way to send bulk emails.

Cons: Limitations on daily email send quota.

• Reviewed on 05/07/2019
Aravind V.
Community Manager
Market Research, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/09/2019

"New Mailjet user"

Comments: I use this service provider majorly for email deliverability and Mailjet serves my purpose.

Pros: - The email deliverability is very good. There is less chance for the emails to land in spam folders.
- The UI is smooth and doesn't need much help when configuring your first email.

Cons: - As a first time user, there is a cap on the number of emails I can send. It is very unclear on when they remove the cap even after providing all the needed details.

• Reviewed on 18/09/2019
Jane F.
Jane F.
Sports, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/01/2019

"I'm very glad we moved to Mailjet"

Comments: We moved from MailMonkey (you know who I mean) and I'm delighted we did. Mailjet is a grown up version offering better value for money and they don't hassle you every few days (like others do) to upgrade or buy more.
Worth the switch - importing lists is easy.

Pros: Ease of importing existing lists
Ease of setup
Ease of use

Cons: Mobile version needs some work (or an app)
Subscription forms need some work.
Mailjet needs to be more proactive with their third party integrations.

• Reviewed on 25/01/2019
System Administrator
  • Reviewed on 15/02/2019

"Great product for email delivery"

Pros: This product is so easy to use, the price is right, the customer support is outstanding.

Cons: Sometimes it takes a bit of time to find what you are looking for in the portal but once you are accustomed to the setup it goes much faster.

• Reviewed on 15/02/2019
Nick T.
  • Reviewed on 25/05/2018

"Best mail provider out there"

Comments: Sending my marketing and transactional emails without any problems and with a lot of ease.

Pros: - Very easy to use.
- All options which I need are available.
- Keeps developing. I see a lot of new options every once in a while.
- Customer support is top notch.

Cons: - Can be a bit laggy at times.
- In some cases I need to delete things which I can't. For example segmentations which I don't need anymore.

• Reviewed on 25/05/2018
Marcel V.
Communications Officer
Education Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/03/2019

"A mailing service that doesn't charge for the number of subscribers."

Comments: Positive; all-round: good experience with the costumer service, good pricing policy,...

Pros: The Price: it doesn't charge you for the number of subscribers you have, instead it gives you a maximum numbers of mails you can send/month. This is a very welcome policy for a small non-profit organization like ours, who don't send a lot of emails, but do have quite a variety of subscribers-lists (different target groups).

Cons: The features are somewhat limited; it does offer a lot on paper, but; f.e. we would like to use segmentation according to specific target groups (education levels). Mailjet seems to be able to do this in theory, but in practice it would seem to require quite some coding, and it isn't so user-friendly.

• Reviewed on 19/03/2019
Felix L.
Felix L.
Engineer
  • Reviewed on 29/03/2018

"Very easy to configure and use."

Pros: The UI is clear and the configuration process is very straightforward. I use it primarily to automate notifications from a DVR and it works perfectly.

Cons: During my regular use, I haven't come across any difficulties. The setup process for the app that I am currently using was very simple to implement.

• Reviewed on 29/03/2018
Nathan H.
  • Reviewed on 26/06/2018

"Nice looking emails"

Comments: Nice looking templates, and effective email marketing.

Pros: The templates are great and easy to use/setup. Competitive pricing, great customer service. Have not really had any issues with it, and the email marketing has been very effective for our business.

Cons: It gives you a certain number of emails per month, which can drive the price up if you go over that number. Good idea to check the different plans to be sure you are not spending more than you need to. It does not integrate automatically with paypal, but if you get Zapier that will solve the problem. Just adds an extra monthly fee when you are cost comparing to other products.

• Reviewed on 26/06/2018
Jonathan B.
Jonathan B.
  • Reviewed on 20/05/2018

"The best of several major email providers I tested & evaluated"

Comments: Excellent reporting, easy to use design tool for creating marketing emails. Brilliant well thought out developer API, clear documentation & good daily free mail amounts.

Pros: I spent some time evaluating the several main providers for email as part of my Technical Architect day job. They all provide similar features at this level including daily free messages etc. MailJet were by far my favourite - initially because of the well thought out restful developer API. When I came to do a real life marketing email for my ComiCon the tracking reports, open rates and other information plus a really easy to use editor with A/B testing and segmented campaigns using a simple query process make this a product I highly recommend. I was surprised at how well they have made a Gui for putting together html/text emails.

Cons: The handy signup form that you can use to add people directly to your campaign list doesn't score so well on my seo scores so I would like to see that improved. Ideally with a direct to list button post. That is pretty minor compared to how well the rest of the service operates though.

• Reviewed on 20/05/2018
Sergey C.
Web developer
  • Reviewed on 28/09/2018

"Powerful service at an affordable price"

Comments: I have been using Mailjet for almost a year now. For all the time the service was used, there were no mistakes in its work, it stably sends email messages, presents comprehensible statistics in the form of reports, and the help desk helps to understand the intricacies of e-mail. Mailjet is uniquely good service for mailing.

Pros: The Mailjet service offers good conditions for working with email newsletters. This is a very reliable service, in which several elements are combined at once - stable work of the message sending tools, an understandable help system, good technical support and an extensive API.

Cons: The interface of the Mailjet service can not be called a strong point. From the technical point of view, it is implemented well, but in terms of ease of use, the service needs to be improved

• Reviewed on 28/09/2018
E-Learning, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/10/2018

"Minimal user growing to regular user soon."

Comments: We will be doing more regular initiatives in the future as we get our social media off the ground.

Pros: Mailjet help documentation is very helpful. Whenever I was unsure how to proceed, the documentation was sufficient to get me through every issue.

Cons: We do 1 or 2 campaigns per year. It isn't as much as you'd like, but it is meaningful to us. I had data in your system, but I'm not sure where it went.

• Reviewed on 05/10/2018
Bernardo C.
Back-end developer
Internet, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/05/2018

"For use beyond transactional email, leaves questions"

Comments: Low cust

Pros: It is a service with Low cost, Easy API and best Doc. The value pays off if you are a startup. But you will have to revisit your choice when you grow up.

Cons: For simple email sending, Mailjet works as a charm,
But from the moment you started using other features like Mail Automation, you started the problems, and the support ticket openings. I have two ticket open, and one without solution yet.
If I start a new business, probably Mailjet will not be my choice. Unfortunately changing now, is not ideal, because I prefer to dedicate myself to other subjects. The service is not bad at all. Only this Email Automation that does not seem to be ideal for production.

• Reviewed on 21/05/2018
Ashok S.
Web Developer
  • Reviewed on 23/01/2019

"Its Amazing"

Comments: Its good and easy to use and user are satishfy with this type of service

Pros: Its easy to use
I thik it deliver 100% mails in inbox
We can send multiple mail at same time
Easy to integrate with my script

Cons: How can we increase the mail default size I think its default 10 MB.

• Reviewed on 23/01/2019
Ferdinando B.
Ferdinando B.
Online Media, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/02/2019

"Good Job"

Pros: Easy of use
Performances
Statistics

Cons: We need an instrument for visual mail composer

• Reviewed on 22/02/2019
Michael P.
Software Engineer
  • Reviewed on 17/05/2018

"Great service, great price."

Pros: I love the template editor, and the easy integration with Node.js.
The free package is large enough, which is cool :)

Cons: I would suggest a package of "Pay for what you user" instead of a pre-paid package.
This way I don't have to worry about the limits

• Reviewed on 17/05/2018
Akrivi S.
Apparel & Fashion, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/03/2019

"Does what it promised"

Pros: We've used a couple of other platforms for sending newsletters before mailjet and I believe it's the only one so far that we have not exprerienced any problems. Since we were pretty inexprerienced, we needed assistance once and the mailjet team were very helpful. It does what it promised and that's what we need.

Cons: For us inexprerienced users, that don't need elaborate features, maybe it could be a bit simpler in forming contact forms etc

• Reviewed on 12/03/2019