• Overall
    4.5 /5
    4.5 /5
    4.4 /5

About Time Doctor

Time Doctor is a time tracking and productivity software that delivers analytics on how companies use their time to improve performance

Learn more about Time Doctor

Krylle E.
TEAM LEADER
Consumer Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/09/2019

"Best Time Tracker Ever!"

Comments: Great! I never had any problem with Time Doctor so far.

Pros: Time Doctor is the best time tracker ever. Now they have partnered with google and chrome. I can now track my time in any google apps. That is so convenient! No more wasted time. Thank you Time Doctor!

Cons: I don't think there is. We have never encountered issue so far.

• Reviewed on 22/09/2019
Kristofffer lloyd P.
Customer Service Representative
Outsourcing/Offshoring, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/09/2019

"God for tracking"

Comments: Everything was smooth and totally satisfied with there service.

Pros: It was easy to use and very convenient, will be sharing to other friends

Cons: Sometimes it crashes but it`s okay, there support always remind us every time there`s updates or maintenance.

• Reviewed on 14/09/2019
Stacey R.
HR Manager
  • Reviewed on 08/10/2020

"Great Software"

Comments: It has been good. It is a great app to use.

Pros: It is user-friendly. It is also easy to use and retrieve user information.

Cons: No issues, however it keeps popping up when it is not in use.

• Reviewed on 08/10/2020
Chief Designer
  • Reviewed on 20/04/2018

"Automate your time sheets to save time!"

Comments: I saved a ton of time by using Time Doctor to track how I spend my day and on which projects. I also don't have to write anything down and then worry about losing it before I send a client an invoice. So it's really helped my organization as well.

Pros: Time Doctor has been a lifesaver for me. I am a one-person design company and I need to track the time I spend on many different projects all at once. My previous solution was to write down the time on sticky notes or note pads, but there was always the chance that I might misplace it or lose it. Nor could I generate my invoices from my home office if I'd left the billing hours info at my office. So this was a great all in one solution. Now I can choose the task I'm working on and don't have to worry about writing things down. If for any reason I forget what I was doing for a client and didn't make my task name specific enough, I can go back and take a quick look through the automatic screenshots. I also love that I can see how much time I spend on email and other admin tasks vs the actual design work. Love the reports that Time Doctor gives me as well.

Cons: Not much that I don't like about this software. But suggestions for improvement? One thing I would love to see is integration with my cell phone. Time Doctor already has an app, but I want it to automatically capture the time I spend on my phone with clients. For now I have to manually enter in this time and must note when the call started and when it ended. Integration into Wave apps where I generate my invoices. I'd like to be able to select a project from Time Doctor in my invoice and have it automatically populate the time I spent on it and the dates I worked on the project rather than manually finding and entering this information.

• Reviewed on 20/04/2018
Alicia D.
Law Practice, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/06/2020

"Great for tracking remote employees"

Comments: I moved to a remote workforce (even before the pandemic!) and TimeDoctor helps me do that with peace of mind by allowing for supervision.

Pros: Time Doctor allows me to make sure my employees are working and billing their time without me being a nag. It has time clocks, screen captures, and reports, so I can see what they are doing any time I want, without them being aware of when I am watching so that I don't interrupt them or make them anxious. It also helps catch billable time and improve time wasting habits.

Cons: They advertise that they work with payroll. But the software is not compliant legally with U.S. employment law (I am an employment lawyer so I am strongly aware of this). It is focused more on independent contractors, but most companies should be using this for employees instead of contractors. For employees, you will still need to have a separate time clock and use a good payroll company. So the clocking can be redundant and may annoy your employees.

• Reviewed on 19/06/2020
Sarah M.
911 dispatcher
Public Safety, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/06/2019

"Timeless"

Comments: I love this program, This tool is a must have when you are working long hours like myself and are trying to keep my life prioritized . It helps me keep up with my work breaks and potty runs. You can organized your entire day into hours to keep your schedule on track. It also helps with your gym reps too for when you are at the gym.

Pros: This tool is a must have when you are working long hours like myself and are trying to keep my life prioritized . It helps me keep up with my work breaks and potty runs. You can organized your entire day into hours to keep your schedule on track. It also helps with your gym reps too for when you are at the gym.

Cons: It can be confusing to work sometimes. You really just have to dig into it and learn the program. Besides that it is not too bad

• Reviewed on 26/06/2019
Daniel L.
Serial Entrepreneur, Business Consultant & Online Systems Integration Specialist
  • Reviewed on 21/11/2018

"I recommend it to everyone I know..."

Comments: Amazing. I couldn't imagine running my business without it.

Pros: I love the ease of use in getting this software working, and it does that straight out of the box. Very little setup is required and after 2 and a half years using it, neither myself or employees have ever had any issues with it. It makes Payroll a breeze, and I love how in depth the reporting is which makes working with clients so much easier being able to show them time reports and logs. I highly recommend this to anyone I know in the online industry and will continue to do so for a long time!

Cons: It would be great for the manual time if we could limit the amount that is allowed to be added.

• Reviewed on 21/11/2018
Ryan F.
Marketing Team Lead
  • Reviewed on 13/09/2019

"Convenient, Easy to Use, Good Features"

Comments: Rarely any issues. In the last 2 years I think it was only down twice. Helps with my own organization, as well as monitoring my team members.

Pros: Quick refreshes on data, fairly well organized, easy to use. Good features like screenshots and webcam shots.

Cons: Lists tasks individually on time spent, but no view to group these. Example if I am working on XYZ client in several different blocks, TD will show me that I spent 1 hour here, 3 hours here, and 30 minutes here. But no easy way to tally these up to see if in a given time period like in all of August, how many hours did I spend on XYZ client. This would be nice to use. Reviewing/Approving manual time entries is listed under Payments which is a weird spot.

• Reviewed on 13/09/2019
Catherine A.
Data Analyst
Consumer Goods, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/10/2020

"Time Doctor"

Comments: Time Management, Performance in terms of duration of the task -- productivity.

Pros: What I like is this software records all the activities that I do on my PC. This also serves as my diary in day to day activities. I can monitor my subordinates' productivity. I also use this as a tool to help improve my agent's performance especially speed.

Cons: I think none as I am very satisfied w this product.

• Reviewed on 22/10/2020
Oldrich H.
IT consultant / copywriter / webmaster / writer
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 17/08/2017

"Easy control, overview in projects and tasks, excellent billing basis"

Comments: A perfect overview of time-consuming tasks in many projects across multiple areas, an excellent basis for billing customers through data export, an ever better and better estimate when planning additional orders.
Mobile platform support - the ability to capture work outside the computer.

Pros: Simplicity of operation and setting options. Excellent reports and data export for further processing. Clear and conclusive records of work done. Possibility to connect to another sw.

• Reviewed on 17/08/2017
Katherine F.
Gerente de Research & Sales
11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/04/2018

"Good experience with this software, it has helped us to measure the remote work"

Pros: In general, this software allows companies to visualize the work of employees who work from home, it allows you to measure the time they perform with each task and optimize the work, it has taken us out of many difficulties, very good

Cons: Sometimes it is difficult for us to access the software a bit, the load capacity is very slow and it is difficult for us, the rest is very good

by Time Doctor on 01/05/2018

Hi Katherine,

Thank you for letting us know how we have helped your productivity and efficiency mostly when one works from home.

For the issue you are facing, please do report this to [email protected]

• Reviewed on 25/04/2018
Min lee C.
Client Relations Manager
Professional Training & Coaching, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/08/2017

"Like it coz it's easy to use n meets our organisation's needs"

Comments: Good and relatively easy way to track work and non-work time. And to have the different categories of work reflected in a report is helpful.

Pros: Ease of use; tracks time accurately, including when we are not working. Reports are fairly easy to extract.

Cons: There were times when it refuses to work - so had to uninstall n reinstall the software. And sometimes the box pops up unexpectedly.

Margeaux T.
Operations Manager
Staffing & Recruiting, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/09/2019

"Time Doctor review"

Comments: We can monitor our contractors accurately.

Pros: I like the accuracy of the software and how easy it is to use.

Cons: I wish there was a feature in this software to record breaks. Also, I wish the desktop application like that of Time Doctor Lite would still be available for users as it is more accessible and easier to manage

• Reviewed on 25/09/2019
Eduardo A.
Game Programmer
Computer Games, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/12/2018

"A good software for freelance."

Comments: As a freelance, this tool has all the features I need for give prove of my work. Compared to others, they sometimes have some features but not others or viceversa, so this has all the things I need and with a really good price.

Pros: This tool has the features I need to give prove to my employers about my work. Compared to others, this has everything I need (task tracking, screenshots, desktop as well as web apps).

Cons: It can be very intrusive if you only need basic things (it tracks apps usage, web pages, web cams, etc., etc.).

• Reviewed on 10/12/2018
Eleanor M.
Writer
Entertainment, 51-200 Employees

"TimeDoctor Review"

Comments: It is a great app to use for any company. It can definitely check if your employees are working.

Pros: I like this software because it is very reliable and easy to use.

Cons: The "are you still working" notification may be a bit too distracting while you are still working.

Rohit T.
Operations Head
  • Reviewed on 28/08/2017

"We are able to track performance of our remote team better and efficiently. Work performance is UP."

Comments: - Work performance is improved
- Transparency
- Remote team cost is reduced (as they are doing well due to their tracking)

Pros: - Team member doesnt know about the screen shot
- Team member cant manage screenshot, even they cant delete it.
- Easy to use
- Less load on the machine
- Easy to manage - reports, payouts etc.
Everything seems to be find so far, their support is also good, so whenever I face any issue, they are always there to support us.

• Reviewed on 28/08/2017
Ivan P.
  • Reviewed on 25/08/2017

"The productivity of my distant IT employees was nearly doubled."

Comments: Doubled productivity of my distant employees.

Pros: Easy to use. 100% reliability, in both online and offline mode. I used to trust that my collegues was working as hard as myself. A big surprise expected me after I set the Time Doctor running. I believe they worked barely half of the contracted time before it.

Cons: The only thing that can be improved is the logging proccess. As an already registred user I'd better start with the my company page. Right now first I see the general front page for a new customer, and I have to click a link to my page. But that's just one click, no big deal really.

• Reviewed on 25/08/2017
Sandro F.
Application Developer/Architect & Founder
  • Reviewed on 05/09/2017

"Product is great but just need some enhancements and 100% payment integration"

Comments: I am able to keep track exactly how much my remote team of freelancers is working. I am also able to better evaluate where I am spending my time the most, policing myself to be more productive.

Pros: An easy way for a company to account their time and better monitor the remote team of software developers.

Cons: Time tracker always on top is disrupting and could be integrated with Mac Toolbar. When editing needs too many clicks. More integration with Asana, perhaps allowing edits to the Asana Tasks from Time Doctor, would be a plus. Paying employees 100% in Time Doctor would be a huge benefit.

• Reviewed on 05/09/2017
Murtuza B.
Design Consultant
Design, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/08/2019

"Great product with low rated support"

Pros: Everything! The way the product is created its super helpful to track your time and its feature for showing top apps and webs used during your work is something I was looking for. The time flies so fast and not tracking will lost your days and weeks. Honestly Time Doctor have made me the pilot and have given me controls to take care of my time. I have used other free software before to save money but putting money to buy Time Doctor is worthy.

Cons: There's nothing I disliked about the software but the experience with support team for me was awful. Wait for so long to get their replies and their behavior is mostly they try to convince you even if its their mistake. Sending them direct email have no benefits as no one respond you back so you don't have option to talk with the superiors and sort the issues.

• Reviewed on 15/08/2019
Samwel O.
Backend Developer and Site Reliability Engineer
Computer Software, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 29/04/2019

"Time Doctor Review"

Comments: Initially I used chromium to run the chromium version of the application because I could not install the desktop application but now everything is working great.

Pros: Support is great. There is a chat popup in case you have any issues. The response is pretty fast, less than 24 hours. Easy to use, it has a nice easy to master and use interface. Installation on linux was quite a task. Most especially for linux users who were not running ubuntu. I am using debian derivative but it was quite a task doing the installation. I had a chat with one of the customer care agents and I can see the issues that were there have been resolved and the download on downloads page works fine without even additional installations.

Cons: The users are not offered with functionality to delete screenshots. Only company administrators can delete screenshots.

• Reviewed on 29/04/2019
Roberto S.
Digital Marketing Associate
  • Reviewed on 30/09/2019

"Time Doctor Review"

Pros: It's pretty easy to use and it's efficient at keeping track of my time. Helps me stay focused at work.

Cons: Every now then, I noticed when I like at time it isn't quite accurate to how much time I've worked, at least when it's running. If I pause or stop recording time, then it'll catch. It might be a lag of some sorts.

• Reviewed on 30/09/2019
Justin L.
Design, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/08/2017

"A Great way to monitor my Employees"

Pros: I like that it takes Screen shots and ability to break down projects. The way it calculates pay and and the integrations to other software like Redmine which we use.

Cons: Functionality can be improved on APP and Mobile Responsive. A lot of lag time when switching screen shots or projects per user sometimes the system gets confused.

Konstantin K.
  • Reviewed on 11/09/2018

"No Updates and a Lot of Bugs"

Comments: We have been working with TimeDoctor for 3 years, 40 employees use it. A large number of bugs that do not fix for years. The application is buggy - for the last year there have never been any updates. The site's admin area leaves much to be desired - a bunch of reports, but you can not use them. At us almost 600 projects - selectors on a site simply do not open. The API is very complex with a bunch of pitfalls. The new version of the application has not been updated for a year and a half and to the old version it is still far from functional. With pleasure would have switched to another service, but unfortunately for the functionality TimeDoctor suits, but for bugs and support - leaves much to be desired.

Pros: Good Service, but owners earn money and forget about there users....

Cons: A lot of bugs that lasts for years... No Updates for the Desktop App, and iOS also. No new features for a long time...

• Reviewed on 11/09/2018
Michael D.
Director, International Operations
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/09/2019

"Time Doctor is a strong payroll system, but it can be tough to pull data."

Comments: Our overall Time Doctor experience is positive and I'd recommend the software to a colleague, but if the system would be more user-friendly in regards to time codes and reporting, it would really help me out.

Pros: We use Time Doctor as our payroll system and I like the dashboard design + the ease of approving submitted work times.

Cons: The exportable reporting is not very user-friendly and trying to create work codes for my team is tough.

• Reviewed on 29/09/2019
Aditya R.
SEM Analyst
  • Reviewed on 17/09/2019

"A great application - expecting many more features"

Comments: Good

Pros: It does the job it intended to do, I faced 2-3 errors in the last 1.5 years. The error rate is excellent and pretty low.

Cons: I still feel there could be many features it may have. Functions like timer, reminder, stop watch etc.