SolarWinds Service Desk Reviews

by SolarWinds ITSM

• Overall
    4.6 /5
    4.6 /5
    4.7 /5

About SolarWinds Service Desk

SolarWinds Service Desk provides businesses of all sizes an easy to use and affordable ITSM solution that can easily scale with you.

Learn more about SolarWinds Service Desk

Showing 25 reviews of 513

Dillon K.
Service Delivery Project Manager
Environmental Services, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/12/2019

"Huge Upgrade"

Comments: Overall experience with this product have been great so far. Our employees use this platform more than our last and they have also been able to find their own solutions more. I really love the support from the customer support a lot. The support is always right on top of any issues and I have experience very quick responses when I do need to contact them. A+ on customer support.

Pros: I like how easy the GUI is, editing the categories and assigning the ticket to a support tech is all very simple right from the first view. I also like how there is a quick view option where you can view the ticket without having to leave the screen.

Cons: We have an issue with Tasks. They cannot be changed once a service catalog item is ran which has made us have to create work around or create extra tickets in order for multiple people to work on one catalog item.

• Reviewed on 04/12/2019
James B.
Network and Security Engineer
Oil & Energy, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/03/2017

"Outstanding!"

Comments: We needed a solution, and we needed one fast. We had test driven many, but something didn't feel right. Two things made us choose Samanage. The software had every feature we were looking for, and the people were excellent. From the beginning, we were treated like VIP's. We were given professional courtesy, we were given kindness and flexibility, we were shown appreciation, and we were given everything we needed to stand up the ticketing system in our environment. The staff, made us all feel like we were part of their family and we can't thank them enough. The demos were terrific, the trial was awesome, the sale itself went smooth, the implementation was perfect (including the SSO option), the support was phenomenal and the Go-Live went off without a hitch. This was just one of the best end to end experiences I have ever had the pleasure of being a part of. The Samanage team are just a bunch of really cool professionals that truly care about their customers. Every call was a pleasure, and they taught us how everything worked. We have had nothing but excellent support, and we are happily enjoying all the features and functionality as we use it daily. I have personally thanked them over the phone, and in email messages, but I still can't thank them enough. We were on a hard deadline to get everything working in a very short time. The Samanage team delivered on time, and within budget. We couldn't be happier. Thank you, Samanage Team! You ROCK!!!!!! :)

Pros: Ease of use, very intuitive. As described in the demos. Evertyhing worked as expected.

Cons: It doesn't know how to make me coffee in the morning, but other than that, it's hard not to like something that makes your life easier.

• Reviewed on 21/03/2017
Henry U.
Desktop Systems Specialist
Oil & Energy, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/03/2017

"Samanage Helpdesk Best!"

Comments: The most granular are where Samanage stands out from the crowd is in its Dashboard and the array of reports that it generates. Upon login, the Dashboard is where users are automatically placed. It provide users with immediate inside into what's going on across the organization.
Another feature I like in Samanage is its single sign-on functionality. Many of contenders failed to support this capability at all. Once users are signed on, they can be assigned different roles and groups depending upon what they need to do and what access level is required.
There's also something Samanage calls "risk detection." This isn't a security tool constantly searching for code holes or digital invaders, however. Rather, it's based on the data Samanage gathers as a helpdesk and asset management tool where it uses that information to keep track of best practices, expiring licenses, and similar information that might compromise your IT organization from a financial or contract perspective. We weren't able to test this feature, so be sure to evaluate yourself thoroughly before banking on it.
Samanage doesn't have everything a good help desk solution should have, but it does offer many features that are important to ITIL, including problem, incident, and change management. Samanage has a pleasing aesthetic, is fairly easy to use once you get used to it, and given its feature breadth you'll certainly find the right tool for the job somewhere in the suite.

Pros: Contains most needed features. Includes ITIL service management tools. Offers asset tracking and more reports than other help desk solutions

Cons: A lot of features but some seem unnecessary.

• Reviewed on 22/03/2017
Jay T.
Mgr. Application Development
Higher Education, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/12/2019

"Tremendous product that drives efficiency, quality, and customer satisfaction"

Comments: I've had a great experience with SW SD. As a developer the ability to create workflows and use the API has made this tool indispensable. It is also extremely helpful when trying to track down a problem that may have occurred in the past or is similar to something we're currently dealing with.

Pros: I like the easy-to-use interface, the communication history that allows us to keep track of end user needs and concerns, and the API (personally that's my favorite).

Cons: I have very few complaints. I wish the list of "filters" wouldn't show the most commonly used at the top or would at least leave those items that are commonly used also further down in the list. I feel like I'm always searching for the items I want in the list because they're not in the same place if I recently used them! Outside of that I wish there was a ticket prioritization feature (or even project management-related features).

• Reviewed on 06/12/2019
Saranjit S.
IT Manager
  • Reviewed on 08/11/2019

"Solarwinds Great Ticketing system"

Pros: Ease of use
Able to create custom Workflows
Ability to build custom reports

Cons: Procurement module can use some improvement but does what it's intended to do.

• Reviewed on 08/11/2019
Omer K.
SAP Administrator
Building Materials, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/03/2017

"Great Help Desk Solution"

Comments: As a member of IT in a hearth company, it is very important that I serve my internal customers in a timely manner and resolve any issues that they are having and Samanage has helped me do that due to their helpdesk solution. It offers great customization in what information I see on the helpdesk page and and thus I am able to prioritize tasks according to severity. I also like the report statistics and able to view my performance over a period of time. This helps improve on service quality. Samanage support is very helpful and give an extremely fast response and are always very courteous

Pros: Customizable and clutter free helpdesk
Customizable Reports
Outstanding Support
Supportive Community

Cons: I dont have any particular weakness in order. As I have used it throughout the years I have become appreciative of how the interface is designed. Its clutter free and lets me do my work

Sebastian P.
Director of IT
  • Reviewed on 25/11/2014

"Nice UI, Awesome Customer Service, Fast evolution"

Comments: For some organizations, selling the idea to have an ITSM can be difficult. They helped me to build the case and to sell the idea, they supported me in the whole process. Once they sold me the product, they showed an awesome customer service with very short turnaround time for each support request. They have a strong and active community, which is very important to share ideas and problems. The errors that I found were solved quickly and they also hear their users, by giving us the ability to push for ideas to include in the system. The inventory management is great in details and features. Some Improvement Opportunities
So far, some improvements opportunities that I see can be around the SLAs which could be more flexible (structured as Target->Action, there could be more for each of them), but is not really a problem.
The reports could be more flexible by allowing the user to build his own reports, and scheduling the reports to be sent to specific users The asset agent deployment for linux is a bit tricky and could be improved a lot. Mac and Windows are very straightforward and easy to install. There are and will be a number of things not covered by the product, but what they showed me so far by evolving partially from what the users propose and how fast they evolve, gives me the confidence I need to rest assure that everything that I need will eventually be there. Pros
An awesome customer service and support.
Great asset management. Good set of reports and dashboard capability. SLA are great at the level we use it, you can specify different targets and actions. Ability to configure different times zones and business hours of all your company sites, we have 4 offices with different times zones and so far that's working great! Allowed us to configure a service catalog, to capture and structure common requests from our users, like the request of Virtual Machines, where they always missed some data we needed. I'm sure I'm forgetting something but so far, our experience has been great, I would totally recommend this product!

• Reviewed on 25/11/2014
Cyrus C.
Application Developer/Anaylst
Higher Education, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/12/2018

"Expandable as you need it"

Comments: This software has allowed us to track end user request for issues and see how the responses trend. It also allows us to track ongoing project with task etc. Though it is not a project managment software it does lend itself to easily manage small projects

Pros: easy to implement, easy to build your own knowledge base repository. Support is quick to respond.

Cons: Updates can be tricky, there is no "Test" environment to test if your data and configuration will work as you expect. So when they update you its trial by fire. Fortunately they have been pretty good about responding to any issues that have arisen.

• Reviewed on 13/12/2018
Danielle A.
IT Service Coordinator
Nonprofit Organization Management, 501-1,000 Employees

"Wonderful Product"

Comments: The service desk has changed the IT department in a good way. We are not duplicating work (as much), we are held accountable for the things we are doing, and we are able to see if there are reoccurring issues withing the agency to know that it may be a bigger problem than one isolated incident.

Pros: That it allows for customization, and it keeps everyone on the team in the loop with how issues are handled. It also allows everyone on the team to see if another team member may need help with one of the issues that they are working on.

Cons: I haven't really found anything to complain about yet... every time there is an issue the customer service people are spot on to help resolve whatever I have found.

IT Coodinator
Education Management, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/12/2019

"A solid ticket management web app"

Comments: We are getting much more accurate reports for identifying trends in end-user troubles. We have improved incident tracking and overall customer satisfaction.

Pros: I really appreciate the ability to organize columns in my ticket queue according to my preferences. This has greatly improved my ability to review a very active ticket queue and quickly assess what needs immediate attention.

Cons: I lose a lot of time waiting for ticket category suggestions to populate. When the suggestion pops up, it moves it from its normal place in the list of categories. By the time this happens, I could have selected the correct category and moved on already.

Joshua T.
Helpdesk Supervisor
Financial Services, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/10/2020

"Easy for technicians"

Pros: It's mostly very easy for my help desk technicians to use on a day to day basis. Very easy to keep track of your tickets and what needs to be done.

Cons: Some features need to be improved. Reporting is pretty mediocre in its current state, and the Task implementation leaves a lot to be desired.

• Reviewed on 19/10/2020
Antonio H.
IT Director
Retail, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/04/2019

"Samanage is a great product and very easy to work with"

Comments: Help Desk Management is easier at the moment and as well, I'm now able to provide the Board with easy and accurated KPIs regarding to the type of issues, frequency and areas with higher incidents.

Pros: Samanage is a great product and very easy to work with. It has been added value to my organisation and structure the way how the incidents are logged

Cons: Maybe a more agile process adding new functionalities and informing the current users about what's new and how to use it.

• Reviewed on 03/04/2019
Gene P.
Financial Advisor
Financial Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/02/2019

"Very helpful tool"

Comments: Very pleasant experience!
Samanage has been delivering everything as promised. Great value for the money!

Pros: The program expedites the process, makes it smooth and efficient. Really great value for the money

Cons: Truly pleased with all the aspects , can not think of any negative experience

• Reviewed on 02/02/2019
Savvy P.
Recruitment Manager
  • Reviewed on 13/03/2018

"Its Asset Management feature is just great"

Pros: The service catalogue is a feature I have been learning about and I am hoping to get it used more widely across the company.

Cons: Would like to see reporting around purchasing. In general needs the ability to pull reports/audit equipment that was purchased and what is currently in use, surplus, etc.

• Reviewed on 13/03/2018
Applications Support & Project Analysis
Political Organization, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/07/2018

"Very easy to use, helps ticket management"

Pros: It is simple but customizable to any detailed-degree you want. It gives you everything you expect out of an incident management tool, and they are constantly improving capabilities.

Cons: There is a LOT you can do with the tool, but we found that it was best to wait for some customization until we'd gotten a fair amount of usage. We over-engineered automations at the beginning that we had to dial back because it was overkill.

• Reviewed on 30/07/2018
Bobby H.
Help Desk Administrator
Information Technology & Services, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/03/2017

"Great Product. Great Service"

Comments: I have been using Samanage to support a district of 6,000 users, with no issues for 3 years now. It's simple, easy to customize, and functions great. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a Help Desk Solution.

Pros: Looks and functions great. Easy to use. Never any major issues or interruptions in service.

Cons: None

• Reviewed on 20/03/2017
Robert H.
User Services\ Network Specialist
Primary/Secondary Education, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/02/2019

"Love this product. The functionality is awesome"

Comments: Love how it connects with other products

Pros: This is a great ticketing system. We use it extensively at the college. We can keep track of all issues on campus. We started using it for our Assets inventory now. New features coming out all the time.

Cons: I don't have any real cons. We have used numerous ticketing systems and this product is by far the best

• Reviewed on 05/02/2019
Senior QA
Telecommunications, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/05/2019

"Useful platform for ticket management"

Comments: It is a useful service desk product that fits into our mid-sized factory very well. We can open ticket for almost anything that we issued and our responsible team can see it as soon as possible and they can respond it quickly from the dashboard.
At the end of the month we can easily overview about which area or issues are more problematic so related manager can easily get action to them.

Pros: We are using Service Desk for our incident management tool and it has a wide user community and when we want to adopt new feature we can see the other people who is already implemented it, so we have clues about how it will be after completion. tracking reports are so easy, and we can effectively get cumulative reports at the end of month and in very visual way

Cons: we have had some issues to add extra attachments into the tickets, but our operation team fixed it with some configuration settings, so we don't get anymore.

• Reviewed on 14/05/2019
Kim H.
Sys Admin II
  • Reviewed on 23/01/2018

"Application is very user friendly"

Pros: This product is very easy to use and understand. It is built on ITIL Foundation and the features like Incidents, Problems, Changes, Releases, Knowledge Base, CMDB, etc. all in one place are a huge benefit.

Cons: One of the biggest Cons about this product is the search feature. It is very difficult to navigate back to where you were before performing a search.

Alex M.
IT Helpdesk Technician

"My Samanage Impressions"

Comments: I came into my IT team after using a different ticketing system. The previous ticketing system I used was never reliable when it came to staying on top of tickets. Some would get buried in the pile that flooded in that day and forgotten. I love how with Samanage we have breach alerts to make sure that nothing slips through the cracks. It is a great tool when it comes to refining customer service.

Pros: Allowing for customer reviews after ticket resolution, helps to improve customer service. Service catalogs make step by step processes easy to remember.

Cons: At first the UI was a little confusing. Yes the buttons specify a difference with new report and new incident, but because they are so close to each other if I'm not paying attention I will click the wrong one and be confused why what I wanted to happen isn't happening. This can be said for the delete incident/report buttons. I have had to remake a saved search query multiple times.

Andrew L.
Technology Support Technician

"Great Service!"

Comments: When on a computer it is very easy to use. Menus are easy to navigate and there are plenty of options in terms of customization. A few places that it is laking in are the mobile app, and required fields. The mobile app has very limited options and often doesn't allow me to login. We have multiple required fields that we want people to use, but somehow our clients get around not entering required information. Other than that, Samanage is a phenomenal product.

Pros: Ease of use, Customization, appearance

Cons: Required fields not working, lack of options in mobile app

Christy S.
ERP System Administrator
  • Reviewed on 24/04/2018

"Easy to use for tech support"

Pros: The time to learn this software is minimal. Most slightly savvy users can pick it up with very little training. I like the way the "comments" kind of feel like social media posts.

Cons: It's almost too geared towards being user friendly. For a more advanced user (we use this as our IT help desk system) the interface almost feels a little too elementary. I would like more complex filtering and ability to customize more fields and functions.

• Reviewed on 24/04/2018
Bob W.
IT Director

"Samanage is Awesome!"

Comments: Been with Samanage almost 2 years now and I'm not sure how we got by without it.
We will use it forever.

Pros: It is easy to use and very powerful.

Cons: It finds most software licenses with the exception of Microsoft Office which ironically is the one most important to our organization.

IT Specialist
Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/06/2019

"Easy to use and modeled on ITIL"

Pros: I love that it's modeled on ITIL right out of the box. There are already categories for incident management, problem management and change management. SAManage also has a robust search filter so you can find the tickets you're looking for quickly

Cons: There's a bit more of a learning curve than similar solutions, but the result is a more powerful helpdesk

• Reviewed on 04/06/2019
Service Delivery Manager
51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/01/2018

"Samanage is incredibly easy as well as useful!"

Pros: What I really enjoy about Samanage the most is the efficiency of the software. It is very user friendly as well!

Cons: The number of fields that sometimes need filled in manually. It would be nice to maybe find a way to make this more automated.