• Overall
    4.8/5
    4.8/5

About Revelation Pets

Get bookings and take payments online. Send reservations to Quickbooks with 1 click.
Free Trial - No credit card, No contract.

Learn more about Revelation Pets

James D.
Investor
Telecommunications, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/01/2019

"Great features, support and development"

Comments: Automation of bookings saves us a lot of time.
Payment processing saves time and helps us report.
Professional experience for our customers.
Record keeping and security checks. etc. Ensures that pets are all up to date on vaccinations.

Pros: ease of use. Good elegant design both technically and human interface. Good integration. Good software development path with new features being added.

Cons: I'd like the Credit card/Stripe integration to be a bit neater. I find it a little confusing. sometimes it is not obvious if your payment has gone through. Same for refunds. Stripe and Revelation pets can become out of sync if you do a refund on the stripe console for example you have to replicate it in rev pets. When taking payment it is not always obvious that payment has been sucesful so I have to go into the stripe console to check. The payment options in the drop down list could do with refining e.g. credit card, debit card and stripe. I have been caught our and clicked on credit card when I should have selected stripe.

• Reviewed on 27/01/2019
Helen K.
  • Reviewed on 10/07/2019

"Revelation Pets Boarding Software"

Comments: I am so glad I switched from my old provider to this one. I thought my previous provider was good but this has far out weighed the expectations I had at the start - it has a neat, clean and tidy appearance. It is specifically for boarding animals which is brilliant. The team take on board suggestions and try their best to help and sort out any problems.

Pros: The ease at which it can be accessed from ipad, laptop and phone from anywhere with wifi. The ease of creating an invoice and sending it to a customer. The variety of reports that can be created. Individual Pet profile for boarding animals. If there is a problem then the Rev pet staff get back in contact quickly. The use of vaccination information is an excellent feature and related reports and how this can be integrated into communications with guests. The use of electronic payments for things like deposits and appointments. the appearance is clean and slimline and looks very professional. I like that the rev pets team are willing to listen and take onboard improvement suggestions and are continually striving to improve their product

Cons: it is still being improved and just a few little things need to be quickly ironed out such as the available appointment times being specific not just general. a few things can only be updated by the admin once a pet profile has been set up eg adding a vet details

• Reviewed on 10/07/2019
Christine R.
Administrator
  • Reviewed on 01/08/2014

"Nice but too expensive"

Comments: I own more than 120 unit, price/month is too expensive considering the few clients using it , too bad because the system is very easy to use. At my sign in, i had set 40 units, now i only can use 1... or have to upgrade.
I looked several years for an online booking system including an availabilty calendar, suitable on a boarding kennel, i really dislike monthly fees. So i finally bought a lifetime licence of a kennel software homebased, and a lifetime licence of very very cool and customisable hotel sofware based on my website, the total cost is less than a year of revelation pets fees (120 units)...

by Revelation Pets on 01/08/2014

Bonjour Christine

Thanks for posting the review.

I'm sorry that our pricing process didn't match your budget. We believe the pricing is competitive to the majority of our competitors.

I checked out the software that you are using and I can see some key differences:

1) The software is installed on your server putting the ownership on your host to backup the database and booking system files - Revelationpets is hosting on Amazon hosting benefiting from their scalability, reliability and backup functionality.

2) You don't benefit from upgrades and security updates as their software is developed - Revelationpets is upgrading all of the time. We are currently implementing our translation module and improving the online booking. Our customers get the latest software as we release it and get to suggest and vote for future changes

Thank you for trying Revelationpets and for providing the feedback and if you would like to contact us with any questions, please get in touch.

• Reviewed on 01/08/2014
Anai F.
Hospitality, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/01/2020

"Tested Everything in the Market"

Comments: From migrating into it, to our daily use, we love Revelation Pets and it has been a great experience. We tested 3 other dog hotel software and all failed to tick all the boxes except RP. Try it out, you will not be disappointed.

Pros: This software is robust but with an easy user experience. I found this the hardest feature to find and it was the most important to us. We had previously worked with software that was incredibly robust and useful but training was a nightmare. No one could learn it on a one off. Revelation Pets is intuitive. A new employee can sit with it for 20 minutes and quickly understand the basic functionality. It integrates with Square amongst other payment gateways. It's online booking for clients is also easy and has a nice UI. It has all the features we need without clutter or confusion. Best of all is the customer support. It is the best of any software I have ever used. They are prompt and attentive.

Cons: The cons I can think of are things I cannot do with it yet that are really just specific to my use. Like, I could use the ability to also sell grooming packages or handle recurring monthly services but that doesn't speak to the software as a whole, that's just us.

• Reviewed on 26/01/2020
Justin M.
Co-Owner
  • Reviewed on 22/05/2018

"This software is a great value for the money!"

Pros: Number one is the web-based functionality. I can update things on my phone or iPad, and I don't have to lug my laptop around with me. I really like the ability for my customers to be able to set up bookings online, as it frees up my staff's time to take care of our business. I also like the different tracking features, such as vaccines and birthdays. The customer service is excellent, and they are very good about incorporating user feedback into updates.

Cons: There are a few things that I think operate a little clunky (such as blocking off daycare runs when boarding runs are full) and take more clicks than they should.

• Reviewed on 22/05/2018
Tracy H.
Accounting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/09/2019

"Highly recommend!"

Comments: We have been able to easily add customers and bookings. We love the home page where you can see what is happening today and with one click see what is happening tomorrow or the next day or yesterday or the day before. The calendar feature is terrific because you can see the whole month and which dog is where and for how long when you are deciding where to put dogs. There are several ways to customize or organize your customers, rates, and reports. You can give discounts and beat of all, it is so easy to make changes and navigate around in the software.

Pros: It is very user friendly. We were able to start using it and booking the same day we purchased it. Our customers say it is good as well when they book online. We have used it daily for two months.

Cons: We use an I pad at our counter and when we click on the customer to see the options, the “view booking” line in the drop down menu is small and can sometimes have to be touched a couple times before it goes.

• Reviewed on 30/09/2019
Yuniati S.
Co-Owner
  • Reviewed on 15/12/2017

"Great"

Pros: User friendly, quick response from their customer service, simple and useful report for boarding kennel owner

• Reviewed on 15/12/2017
Anna S.
Manager and Trainer
  • Reviewed on 16/10/2017

"What a relief to have found a system like this."

Comments: Everything is in one place and you can access it from anywhere.

Pros: All the kennel data is in one place and is accessible to all my staff wherever they are. The fact that Kinder Kennels has been able to grow with Revelation Pets makes it very much a partnership.

• Reviewed on 16/10/2017
Pedro arturo A.
Guía de Aviturismo
  • Reviewed on 21/05/2018

"It has helped me a lot to manage my kennel business"

Comments: I've been using this software for several months and now I spend my free time helping more dogs and their owners

Pros: It's very easy to use and to set up. The customization features to add logo, business name, address, prices and forms of payment make your business look serious.
It's very helpful to have all the features you need in one place to manage kennels's booking and vacancies, customers, pets, vaccines, payments.
Reports are very important for my business because they allow me to keep record of the arrival and departures, dietaries and vaccines notes and overall improve my service.

Cons: I would love to have the PayPal plugin as a payment processor to charge my services with it, lot's of my clients use it

• Reviewed on 21/05/2018
Emmily B.
ETL Analyst
Insurance, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/06/2018

"Completely automated our business."

Comments: Saved time. Allows us to track bookings so we can make business decisions. Allows customers to book online instead of calling us. It is amazing all around and has automated many of our processes that took hours in the past, such as vaccine and birthday tracking.

Pros: Customer service responds instantly and solves all issues and helps to come up with creative solutions. Love the ease of use and the modern design.

Cons: We do wish it had more POS functionality. Hopefully will be adding Square POS which is a bit stronger than their current Square integration.

• Reviewed on 01/06/2018
Lisa S.
Owner/Operator
  • Reviewed on 04/05/2017

"We love the software from Revelation Pets."

Pros: We have a small but rapidly expanding boarding and daycare facility in New Zealand and to have a supported software package that is constantly updated and kept in the cloud is an true asset to our business. Anyone can use the product with ease and you can suggest enhancements which the team at Revelation Pets will develop for release to all without further costs back to their clients. Our customers use the product to make their own bookings which is really beneficial to both our customers and ourselves and the reporting features help us to keep track of our progress from year to year or week to week. Recently I asked fir an enhancement to check off multiple payments in one action and this was acknowledged quickly, developed and presented back to me with a very short time frame. Pretty exciting really when you are the client and you ask for something that then gets delivered free to you all within a couple of weeks! A further bonus is if you have a question you always get a reply from the team in a really timely manner. We fully recommend Revelation Pets to anyone, anywhere in the world that would like to grow or enhance their business and make it simple for their own customers and your staff. Simple to use, packed with features, regular upgrades that are free, one set price, and a product that teams up with other products such as mail chimp to make your services even better. Great stuff Revelation Pets!

• Reviewed on 04/05/2017
Nicholas M.
Co-founder and CFO
Civic & Social Organization, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/03/2017

"Woodrock Animal Rescue review"

Comments: Exceptional support and improvements since we started. We still have a problem with the accounting side regarding invoicing (accrual basis versus payments basis and payments in advance). In terms of generally accepted acoounting principles we have to account on an accrual basis and payments received in advance are to be treated as a liability and not income. We also have trouble reporting on invoicing for a specific period (invoicing for that period of bookings) as opposed to the booking report. Also the booking report does not give totals and exporting to excel does not allow us to autosum due to our different currency.

Pros: simplicity and clarity

Cons: accounting side is not on par with the rest of the software

• Reviewed on 13/03/2017
Richard J.
Owner/Manager
  • Reviewed on 15/07/2016

"The leader of the pack!"

Comments: I cannot rave enough about this software and the company behind it.
We have a 60 room cattery in Tasmania, Australia and we made the move from a paper based system to Revelation Pets after months of reviewing all of the software available. To us, Revelation Pets were head and shoulders above the competition because of the features and the ability to give it a really good test run of all of those features before we committed was great. Everything we threw at it it was able to cope with and the customisation features give customers a sense that they are dealing with you and not a generic piece of software when making an online booking or receiving a confirmation email. It's obviously been designed with plenty of input from people in our industry and looks good so my team WANT to use it.
Revelation Pets has not only made our business more professional, but has increased our productivity. We have fewer phone calls to answer - not only for bookings but also for information that is now emailed to the customer after they book. I love that I can take bookings or view information on anything with a browser including my phone and it looks great and is easy to use on that too.
To back up their great product, the customer support is awesome. These guys really listen to what their customers want and act quickly. I have made several suggestions for changes I'd like to see and usually within 24 hours (usually less) I have a response and then shortly after that a notification that the change has been made complete with instructions.

Pros: Feature rich
Great UI
Customisable
Web based - always up to date software and available on any device with a browser
Scales well to work on mobile phone browsers
No lock in contract
Amazing customer support

Cons: It would be a minor concern if we lost power or internet access at the cattery, but then we have our mobile phones as a back up :-)

• Reviewed on 15/07/2016
Linda C.
Owner / Operator
  • Reviewed on 22/02/2017

"LOVE REVELATION PETS!!!! ONE VERY HAPPY CUSTOMER!!!!"

Comments: Over the years I have looked at a number of booking systems for my Doggie Day Care / Boarding / Training facility. Several years ago I came across Revelation Pets and tried it out. It offered several things I liked but I had my own way of doing things and was looking for a system that could meet some very specific needs such as a visual calendar that was easy to use to enable us to view our bookings 'at a glance'. With the last couple of upgrades and the upcoming new enhancements, Revelation Pets has more than met our expectations!!! It was easy to train my staff how to use and each day we discover new ways to use even more features. Even better, their customer service is wonderful!!! Kate and the team have been there for us regardless of how crazy our needs seem to be. Their focus and direction are spot on and we look forward to all the new features coming next month.

Pros: Easy to use - Easy to train staff - Well thought out - Gets better and better.

Cons: The ONLY thing I would wish for at this point is the ability to insert/add a run where I need it to go based on how my kennel is arranged. At this point my only option is to add it at the end of the list which makes it less effective when viewing availability by size or location.

• Reviewed on 22/02/2017
Dewald C.
  • Reviewed on 28/11/2018

"Daphne’s/Fetch dubai"

Comments: I’m loving it, grateful for the support, and appreciate the constant improvements

Pros: -Online booking,
-Instant check in,
-Making sections of the registration mandatory,
-Booking appointments online without having to book daycare/boarding

Cons: - not being able to see the total of a clients’ bill, especially if there are outstanding payments, unless you go into their account. It would be nice to have it come up when there is movement on their account. - in statements, having itemised summary of appointment, instead of just a summary total. - being able to have “store credit” where clients pay in advance, and services rendered deducted from the advance payments. - possible birthday email on the day of or an option to send is a day or two before, I’d like to be able to offer a free daycare on the day of the birthday. - the text message service to also be available to be used for general communication, not only individual reminders - automatic calculation of hourly charge, we charge per hour after a minimum of 4 hours or the equivalent cost of 4 hours for daycare.

• Reviewed on 28/11/2018
Karin V.
  • Reviewed on 08/08/2017

"Could not be happier!"

Pros: We are constantly blown away by this software program! It is so easy to use and very seamless. They are constantly doing updates because they actually listen to their customers and their requests. Even though customer support is on the other side of the world, their promptness in replies and support is so great. Probably the most amazing thing that we are getting from the software that we did not expect is the fact that they prompt our customers to give us a review. Because of these reviews, that we are able to link to our website, our business has exploded this year. And so much of it is because people have seen so many great reviews on our website. They tell us that themselves. We attribute a lot of our success this year to Revelation Pets.

Cons: The one thing they do not offer yet is the ability to easily upload photos that can be texted to the customer without having to text it directly from our phones. But as forward thinking as they are I'm sure that it will become a reality in the near future.

• Reviewed on 08/08/2017
Charity S.
  • Reviewed on 06/12/2018

"Fabulous software"

Comments: I have had a strictly paper system since opening in 2009. Such a pain to keep track of vaccines, etc. But I have a small kennel (7 runs, 2 crates, and 3 cat cages) so the cost of software was prohibitive. Especially as I only board, no other services. I was comparing two or three equally priced options, but Revelation pets offered me a small business discount which makes it easily affordable for me, taking out the stress of paying for a system.
No longer do I have vaccines overdue that get missed, invoices are right in my phone with a touch of a button, receipts emailed (one less thing to keep track of with an excited dog), and clients can book on my website as well as leave reviews for me.
Every time I’ve had a question or concern, customer service has been prompt, efficient and courteous. Can’t say enough good things here. I’ve been a client of theirs for 7months, with no thought of ever stopping as long as I’m in business.

Pros: Intuitive, very easy to figure out just “playing” with it, but there are how to videos if you need them.

Cons: A few features I would like that aren’t in the program...yet. For example, having multiple clients share a run (parent/child who want their dogs together); also allowing for one of the owner’s dogs to have a different length stay in the same run (one dog stayed one night, two dogs stayed 2 nights)

• Reviewed on 06/12/2018
Aidan H.
Partner
  • Reviewed on 27/07/2019

"A must have for any kennel or cattery business"

Comments: We use it to run our business. Its an integral part of our daily work and a joy to use.

Pros: Easy to use, helps us meet our licence requirements for record keeping, access anywhere, reliable, great support , ongoing updates improve functionality, works on multiple devices, easy to customise, cuts down on admin time, they listen to customer feedback and use it.

Cons: Its at the top end of what we would like to pay but so long as the development continues then the price is acceptable.

• Reviewed on 27/07/2019
Ashley H.
Owner/operator
Hospitality, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/10/2018

"Comprehensive, user-friendly, problem solving software"

Comments: We have been able to decrease the amount of time we need to spend in the office by using the automated features, like vaccine expiry alerts, booking reminder emails, and online booking. When we first started using Revelation in July 2014, as a small, 6-run kennel, it was the perfect software for us. We have grown over the years and Revelation has kept right up with us. It is still the best software for our 25-run kennel and will continue to be the perfect fit for us as we grow.

Pros: As I was trying to think of what I love best about this software, I realized it really is the MVP of our kennel and we would be terribly lost without it. It is easy to use, can be customized for any sized business, and the support is amazing. My (very) technologically challenged assistant is able to use Revelation with minimal frustration.

Cons: There isn't anything I dislike about this software.

• Reviewed on 02/10/2018
Jess L.
  • Reviewed on 04/10/2016

"Fantastic Software!"

Comments: Revelation Pets is a great and easy to use booking system - even my mum can use it! I love how myself and team can access the program from any device and at any time, and the ability for my clients to book online at any time is one of my favourite features. They are always quick to respond to my emails and add my feedback to their updates. I'd highly recommend Revelation Pets to anyone new to the boarding world or anyone looking for new software.

Pros: The dashboard, online booking widget, accessibility anytime on any gadget (including Apple) and the quick and friendly support. I like how clear and easy to see all the information is to use and how you can add a photo to each pets' profile.

Cons: The way the session times out and you have to log back in. Working with animals means you don't sit at a computer all day. When people call to book it takes time to log back in.

• Reviewed on 04/10/2016
Carolyn T.
Owner/Manager
  • Reviewed on 02/08/2019

"RevPets for Small Pet Boarders"

Comments: The main benefit so far has been creating a more professional business image and made the management of the business much more streamlined.

Pros: I found this software the most simple to use out of all those that I looked at before choosing RevPets. It has continued to prove mostly straightforward with useful help sections or videos which explain in easy to understand language. You don't have to be a whizz on the internet or a techy person to be able to set up the templates as you would like them. There is a great deal of flexibility in the day to day operation of the system as well as in the background reports and the email designs. My customers love it for its professional design and the clarity of the information I am able to pass on to them. The customer support is excellent!

Cons: The most frustrating thing with RevPets is that there is no phone App so one needs to purchase a computer for the check-in desk or resort to an iPad which has slightly limited functionality compared with using a PC. This was an unexpected expense.
I also find it annoying that although the appointments booked on RevPets can be reflected in your phone diary, the boarding bookings cannot, which means a lot of time wasted duplicating times and dates for arrivals and departures onto my phone diary.

• Reviewed on 02/08/2019
Sara H.
Owner and Manager
  • Reviewed on 01/05/2018

"Amazing software!"

Pros: I´m so happy with Revelation Pets and the amazing service I´ve gotten everytime I´ve needed it. Easy to use, and my customers loves it too. It´s such a nice software that you can always trust 100%. It feels so safe to know that the software keeps all details and information about the bookings. Keeping track of payments, latest bookings and sales reports is like a dream, and this makes keeping track of the accounts easy. All in all I´m very pleased with both the software and the amazing service I´ve recieved from Revelation Pets. I recommend this to anybody that´s running their own kennel and/or cathotel.

Cons: I don´t have any negative things to say about this software. I´ve used this software every single day for almost two years now, and I´ve never experienced any errors or dysfunctionalities.

• Reviewed on 01/05/2018
Jan M.
Defense & Space, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/07/2019

"Keeps my business running smoothly"

Comments: Customer service is excellent, worthy updates and financials all organized. I did some research and selected Revelation pets because it was simple and super effective. I could not be happy with my choice.

Pros: I love the tracking of payments, outstanding payments, ease of use, constant updates (I am actually excited when I know that updates are coming as they always improve the software). I started using the software just before we opened our day camp and in home boarding facility and I could not imagine what I would have done without it. It runs the day to day business side of things. Gives me all the financials I need at the touch of a button. I really like the chart facility to see how my business grows month by month. This booking software has absolutely contributed to the success of our business.

Cons: I like everything about it. I love the new calender page in this new update. That is a very useful new feature. Thank you again Revelation Pets.

• Reviewed on 22/07/2019
Dewald C.
Managing Director and Owner
  • Reviewed on 21/11/2017

"My first experience with such software, and find it incredibly useful ."

Pros: I like how easy it is to use, straight forward, and not complicated.
Absolutely love the online booking function, and so does my clients.
Love the ease in editing anything.
Like the internal note option.
The system is very easy to make it work for my way of charging and storing information.
Like how I can connect other software like mailchimp to revelationpets.
Revelationpets support is awesome, friendly and incredibly responsive.
Love that it is mobile phone friendly.

Cons: That my clients can't pay boarding in advance as a package deal.
Wish the reports could show what each client have spent in total.
Wish reports were a bit more organised.
As we charge daycare by the hour, wish it tallied the cost by the time in and time out.
Wish 90/180/365 unlimited day daycare packages was an option in credit packages were available.
Would love a 'happy birthday' automated email to become available.

• Reviewed on 21/11/2017
Kelly F.
Animal behaviourist
  • Reviewed on 11/06/2018

"Great product. Easy to use and quick, friendly customer service."

Comments: Great price and easy to use

Pros: The ease of use- it's quick and easy to teach new staff how to use the system. Very user friendly. Also love the customer service. Emails are responded to quickly and every effort is made to correct issues. Creators are very open to suggestions for improvement and often implement suggestions when they do updates. Great product.

Cons: No real issues here- all around great program. Improvements have been made in payment options and customization of the program. Creators always seem to strive to make the users happy and modify the program as needed.

• Reviewed on 11/06/2018