• Overall
    4.6/5
    4.6/5
    4.4/5

About MicroBiz

Cloud EPOS and retail automation software for independent retailers. Rings up sales on iPads, PCs and Macs and manages store operations

Learn more about MicroBiz

Peter P.
  • Reviewed on 17/03/2018
  • Reviewed on 17/03/2018
    3.5/5
  • Reviewed on 22/01/2015

"Great POS inventory Software for retailers"

Pros: The POS features of MicroBiz are pretty simple to use. It does everything we need in terms of discounts, pricing, layaways, and payments. There is a separate view to manage inventory and the store. We have two locations, so we like the ability to do store transfers and look up items at the other location on the fly. It also connects with our e-commerce, site so inventory is adjusted almost instantly for store and online sales. If we enter a new product in MicroBiz, it can automatically create the product on our website, so we do not to do double entry. There is also an order management module, which we use to take phone sales. I liked how it can run on both PCs and iPads, although we have not used the iPad version yet.

Cons: The integration between MicroBiz and Magento is a bit tricky to install, although their support team pretty much did it all. We had it work around some Magento plug-in conflicts. Also, there could be better help documentation. There are some quirks with the e-commerce integration, but for the price, there are a lot of great features that we only saw in much more expensive competitors.

Belinda L.
Building Materials, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/10/2018

"Easy & afffordable"

Comments: We have been using Micorbiz for over 25 years. It is not really made to cater to a hardware stores but we managed to make it work. Unfortunately, we will be changing soon. We need a POS system that can do more.

Pros: Very easy to use. The software is affordable and the technical support fees are fair. Customer service is quick to respond. It really is good for a small business of 1-10 people.

Cons: You have to download your own updates and no one tells you the updates are available. The software claims to do a lot but many of the function do not work properly. We don't need those functions so have just managed to overlook them. Not many credit card processors work well with their system.

• Reviewed on 16/10/2018
    3.5/5
  • Reviewed on 22/01/2015

"Great POS inventory Software for retailers"

Mike P.
Retail, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/08/2017

"Loving MicroBiz Dispite some Imperfections"

Comments: Not perfect, but the price, support and ease of use overrides any small imperfections

Pros: Easy to use - particularly front end. Lots of features. Good design that saves time. Strong inventory management and management controls

Cons: Can be glitch. Some screens, such as the summary grids, require scrolling - which is a hassle. Lacks internal free loyalty program. Every few months there are periods of sluggish performance.

• Reviewed on 09/08/2017
Assistant Manager
Retail, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/09/2016

"Time Saving POS"

Comments: Been using this for a while now months. Working great. I like how MicroBiz adds new features A couple months ago they added the ability to use filters to create marketing lists for email campaigns. The new QuickBooks integration is very cool. We can now just press a button and send all our daily financial info to Quickbooks. This saves a bunch of time and hassle

Pros: good features. well supported

Cons: would like to see them add their own loyalty solution. The lack of an employee time clock is perplexing

• Reviewed on 28/09/2016
Richard W.
  • Reviewed on 09/02/2016

"dicks bike shop"

Pros: It works support is 5 stars they respond very quickly they got it together I have used them for 25 years it was dos they helped me convert to the windows all. I had to pay was the suppost

Cons: The visa processor takes to long to get funds to my bank account 2 to 3 days

• Reviewed on 09/02/2016
Mario T.
OWNER
Automotive, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/06/2018

"GREAT SOFTWARE"

Comments: GREAT TEAM SUPPORT !

Pros: REPORTS , INVENTORY CONTROL,PURCHASE ORDERS ,CUSTOMER DATA,
ALL THERE ! ....CLOUD WHAT A GREAT PROGRAM

Cons: no accounts receivables ( coming in the 2018 version ) I had to improve my skills on exell ( so glad I did )

• Reviewed on 19/06/2018
Dan N.
  • Reviewed on 23/07/2014

"Great Software for Retailers with store and ecommerce"

Comments: It took me a long time to find these guys - but it was worth it. I have a store and a ecommerce site. I was using another cloud POS software that used a third party connector to integrate with my Magento site. But, it just did not work so my inventory levels were off. MicroBiz solved this. It adjusts inventory for sales whether they occurred online or in the store. Even better, I only have to make a product once and its synched to the other platform (however microbiz does not sych photos yet - I am told that its coming in early 2015 - hence the 4 stars for ease of use). Overall, Microbiz is very well designed and does everything that I need. I must have looked at 15 systems - and MicroBiz has a bunch more features than small shop systems like Shopkeep yet does not have the cmplexity or cost of folks like Netsuite. Support is great and pricing is very reasonable.

• Reviewed on 23/07/2014
Debora B.
  • Reviewed on 21/11/2015

"Excellent Technical Support"

Pros: We have had Microbiz for our gun shop for about 10 years. It has been a good point of sale tool for us. It really does most everything you need it to do if you have a store. We recently had our computer crash and it corrupted many of the files on the software. I am very pleased with the help I received with the guys at tech support. They literally downloaded our files on their system and cleaned up what they could so we didn't have to start over with a new computer and we were able to transfer the backup to our new computer. Would absolutely recommend Microbiz

Cons: There really isn't anything I don't like. the only thing is you only get 1 receipt when you have layaways and you have to hit R for reprint.

• Reviewed on 21/11/2015
Helen H.
  • Reviewed on 13/03/2015

"Good Choice for a Ski Store POS System"

Comments: Pros
-Easy to use (employees pick up the POS functions almost w/o training)
-Works great for repairs (you can check in customer items and add service items to the repair order)
-Great support - I asked a lot of questions on the back end features when I started, but the support team was patient and knowledgable
-Automated close out processs - easy process to close out register
-Do not charge for back room users - only charged by register - nice!
-Love the cloud! - awsome to work at home and not be chained to the store
Cons
-No internal loyalty program
-Purchasing features a little confusing until you get the hang if it
-Needs a "copy product' feature
Overall: Really like it. Looks at several systems and this was the best mix of features and simplicity

• Reviewed on 13/03/2015
Sue A.
  • Reviewed on 12/07/2015

"Happy MicroBiz user"

Comments: I run a scuba/swim store. I have been really happy with MicroBiz, although it does have a couple things missing. It is really well designed - and has lots of features that save me time running thh store vs our old POS software. The support has also been excellent! Whenever I have a question or issue they are all over it and solve the issue right away- even if it requires a developer. The POS has been really easy for all our employees to use. I do wish that had an employee time clock as well as a loyalty program. We use another app for time clock and are still working on defining what we need for loyalty. MicroBiz says they are working on an integration to loyalty - but its not available yet.

• Reviewed on 12/07/2015
Omarie P.
Marketing Specialist
Apparel & Fashion, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 26/10/2018

"Customer Support is Great"

Pros: I like how integratabtle with quickbooks this is. It is very simple, straight-forward and easy to use. Great for small companies.

Cons: I don't really have any cons, this product has all the features that I need in a point of sale software.

• Reviewed on 26/10/2018
Donny W.
  • Reviewed on 20/10/2014

" Best cloud pos system out there"

Comments: I literally spent weeks researching systems and playing with as many systems that I could find. I must have looked at 20. A lot were way to basic to run a retail business and others were quirky. Microbiz works best for me. Some other systems such as vend and lightspeed came close but both did not handle the backend as well as Microbiz. Microbiz feels a but like a old school systems yet has all the advantages of cloud software. I really liked the some of the purchasing and receiving features. The documentation is pretty sparse but Microbiz assures mt that the self help material will be expanded.

• Reviewed on 20/10/2014
Rebecca M.
Retail, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/09/2017

"you get what you pay for"

Comments: I bought into this POS because there was an option to link to online store, but now they have disabled the feature and dont know when it will be available again.

Pros: Pretty easy to learn, functions well for a small business that only needs some basic Point of Sale system.

Cons: Customer Support is not easy to reach. And rarely responds to emails or messages left on their phone line. Learning the system is pretty easy, but it often doesnt save information back office function.

• Reviewed on 21/09/2017
Cal E.
Sporting Goods
  • Reviewed on 02/02/2016

"MicroBiz is worth it!"

Pros: Really easy to use and the support on the back end is amazing.

Cons: Struggled getting the scanner and bar code printer to work.
Tough to get the Ecomm side dialed.

• Reviewed on 02/02/2016
Doug M.

"Good POS System"

Comments: I have been using Microbiz for about a month and I like it. We had a few issues getting the receipts to print properly, and there were a few glitches with the payment gateway - but support was helpful and its all working well now. They app has more features than other POS systems that we evaluated. Its design is well thought out and there are a number of things that makes our jobs easier. I highly recommend

Brook L.
Boss
  • Reviewed on 24/05/2016

"Finally i found what i was looking for!"

Comments: I must have looked at 20 cloud systems before I went with MicroBiz. I found MicroBiz was easier to use than other systems. After signing up, the support team was awesome in helping us go live. They helped import our data and answered each of our questions during the set-up process. MicroBiz Cloud has all the features we need but is not overly complex or overwhelming. Great system!

• Reviewed on 24/05/2016
Charlie A.
  • Reviewed on 08/06/2014

"Works Great"

Comments: I looked at a bunch of cloud software before finding MicroBiz. Much better designed than the other cloud POS software I tried out. Not too complicated, but way more features than the other cloud POS. The ability to run a repairs department sold us ( as we repair clocks) My only issue was that there lack of a time clock for empployees. Would have been nice to have a way for employees to track hours worked.

• Reviewed on 08/06/2014
Olivia J.
  • Reviewed on 16/02/2015

"Works great for us"

Comments: Easy to ring up sale and print or email receipts. Lots of flexibility on discounts and promotions. Solid set of backend features including receiving shipments, inventory management, customer records and reporting. Like the ability to work remotely over the internet. Highly recommend.

• Reviewed on 16/02/2015
Rhonda S.
IT
  • Reviewed on 13/09/2015

"I like MicroBiz POS"

Comments: pros: lots of features
good design/easy to navigate
fast
solid support
can use Macs and iPads
flexible tax set up
cons:
initial set up was a bit clunky
reporting takes a while to figure out
logo on receipt a bit fuzzy

• Reviewed on 13/09/2015
Dave V.
IT
  • Reviewed on 10/05/2015

"Working well"

Comments: Been using MicroBiz for a couple months. Working well for us. We can scan bar code labels and do everything we need to do. The MicroBiz support team was great and we have had no issues with the speed or features of the software.

• Reviewed on 10/05/2015
Mike F.

"All Good"

Comments: Just launched. The support team was helpful in setting up my system and loading data. Performance has been solid so far. Does everything that we need.

Sonam A.
Software Engineer
Retail, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/07/2018

"Really a high quality product"

Pros: All i can say about this product is it maintains a quality and excellent features. Customer support is also good.

Cons: Can minimize the price if possible.
Can add more features which provide easy access to customers or consumer.

• Reviewed on 31/07/2018