• Overall
    4.7 /5
    4.7 /5
    4.6 /5

About BugHerd

BugHerd - Visual Feedback Tool.
Like Sticky Notes On A Website.
The world's best bug tracker, just point and click. Free Trial.

Learn more about BugHerd

Denitsa G.
Digital Project Manager
  • Reviewed on 29/09/2020

"Great tool for small and medium-sized businesses"

Comments: I've been using this tool for over 1.5 years and I love it. It helps keep up with our QA process and keeps track of all the bug reports. It has easy to use comment area where people can ask for clarification on each task/bug and it also automatically tracks all the nesessary technical details (screen resolution, operating system etc) when you report a bug, which a developer would need. I've used other alternatives such as Zendesk (which is also a great tool) however for smaller teams, I find BugHerd to be a great solution.

Pros: BugHerd is very easy to use. I haven't run into a case where someone (neither a client or a developer) has difficulties hitting the ground running with it.

Cons: The email notifications can be a much. There is an option to modify that in the settings of course, however I find clients don't typically dive into those.

by Splitrock Studio on 15/10/2020

Hey Denitsa, wow your 10/10 review means a lot to us! We're so glad that BugHerd has been so helpful for you, and your feedback is being passed on to our team as we do our best to make BugHerd even better.

Brittany S.
Head of Studio
Online Media, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/04/2020

"Amazing all round product"

Pros: We love the simplicity that Bugherd gives to our clients. They can submit feedback or issues directly on the frontend of their website quickly. Bugherd has helped give clear communication channels to our clients and given us the ability to discuss issues as ease.

Cons: Direct Intergration into Jira would have been good we have managed to do it via Zapier.

by Splitrock Studio on 29/04/2020

Thank you so much for your glowing 10/10 review, Brittany. We really appreciate you taking the time to give us feedback. We are always looking to improve the product to be the absolute best for collecting feedback and tracking bugs with clients.

Tom L.
Sr. Front End Developer
  • Reviewed on 22/04/2020

"Essential for our work flow"

Comments: We use it just about every day for all web projects and would hate to be without it. It's indispensable.

Pros: Marking comments in real-time on the actual web page was a huge plus for us.

Cons: Early reliance on browser extensions for some functionality was a bit of an issue for some clients as they require assistance from their IT dept to get installed - if it was possible at all.

by Splitrock Studio on 28/04/2020

Thank you for taking the time to review BugHerd for us Tom. We really appreciate the feedback and are so glad to hear you love the product so much.

Alicia C.
UX Product Designer
Retail, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/04/2020

"Makes our Team more Efficient"

Comments: Using Bugherd has allowed me to keep a consistent workflow, even when work needs to be QA'd. Using the tool makes the process quick and efficient, and I'm able to communicate thoroughly with the engineers on my team.

Pros: What I love most about this software is the ease of use. I can translate bugs to the developers on my team so easily, and quickly! We are a fast paced company and this helps keep it that way.

Cons: Ideally, I would love a mobile version - so I can test on my device (rather than just the in browser inspect mode for mobile). Other than that, I love the product.

by Splitrock Studio on 29/04/2020

Hi Alicia, thank you so much for such a fantastic review. We really appreciate the feedback and are dedicated to continually improving the product so that your team can continue being fantastically efficient.

Director of information Technology
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/12/2019

"Amazing feedback tool"

Comments: We used Bugherd on two different website launches, one of which was a web application which required a lot of testing before going live. The use of Bugherd easily cut a few weeks off of our projects by streamlining the feedback/bug reporting features.

Pros: The simplicity of installation and then the ability to direct users to simply click on a feedback tab on our website was awesome. Users were able to submit feedback simply, power users with the browser extension could submit more informative feedback with screenshots, and the kanban style board for managing feedback was SO helpful for prioritizing and tracking bugs and issues.

Cons: As far as I am concerned it is perfect in every way. There is not much more one can ask for when using a tool that only requires a simple snippet of code to change the way your users provide feedback.

by Splitrock Studio on 16/12/2019

Practically perfect in every way? Wow! What an awesome review. Thank you so much, we are so pleased that our tool makes getting actionable feedback easy for you and your clients!

• Reviewed on 04/12/2019
Stacie A.
  • Reviewed on 12/08/2019

"Great tool for collecting feedback"

Comments: We use Bugherd during the QA process of our Shopify website design/dev projects. We invite our clients to submit their feedback and we also use it internally to communicate development requirements.

Pros: Finally a tool to track feedback accurately for web development! A fantastic way to pinpoint your feedback and collaborate on a solution.

Cons: Guest access is limited in providing exposure to overall project status which causes extra work to generate reports to communicate project progression.

by Macropod Software on 14/08/2019

Thank you for leaving a review Stacie, we appreciate your feedback and have made sure to pass that onto our dev team. Cheers for being an awesome BugHerd customer.

Ashley R.
Associate Creative Director
  • Reviewed on 27/03/2020

"I LOVE this platform - it is invaluable"

Comments: We work on complex websites at my company and the feedback process prior to Bugherd was rough. Bugherd provides one centralized place for team members and clients to document all feedback, to ask questions, track status of change requests. It is great!

Pros: Everything. But to pick just one - the browser extension captures a screen shot of the exact place you want to document a change for.

Cons: I really can't come up with anything because I really do love this platform. I have nothing to complain about.

by Splitrock Studio on 03/04/2020

Wowee! What fabulous feedback Ashley. Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how much you love our product. We're excited to keep up the work to ensure it continues to be your favourite tool for collecting client feedback and tracking bugs.

• Reviewed on 27/03/2020
Ricky J.
Full Stack Developer
  • Reviewed on 22/04/2020

"I don't remember how I did this without BugHerd"

Comments: Now that I've used BugHerd, I don't think there's any going back. It's incredibly simple and effective.

Pros: I love how simple it is to add the tag to a development site and send this to an account manager or client and collaborate with them in real time.

Cons: I didn't like that the columns in the "kanban board" view were fixed, but they've since changed that and I don't have a single complaint about the product.

by Splitrock Studio on 28/04/2020

Hi Ricky, wow a 10/10 review really means a lot to us! Thank you so much, we are so glad you hear you've been enjoying the updates to our product.

Accounts & Online Sales Manager
Retail, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/01/2021

"Excellent Online Project Management Tool"

Pros: BugHerd makes communication with our project developers so simple. The ability to quickly capture a screenshot of the issue, add annotations to the image and then send it to your developer along with any comments you wish to make is fantastic.

Cons: At the moment I honestly have no issues with the software.

by Splitrock Studio on 03/02/2021

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving us such a fabulous 5-star review. We are so glad BugHerd suits your communication needs. Happy BugHerd'ing ;)

• Reviewed on 29/01/2021
Kerrie E.
Director of Administration
Online Media, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/04/2021

"Amazing Software"

Comments: It made our new website launch a huge success!

Pros: This was absolutely essential in helping us develop a website where many editors were testing and needing to report issues. The fact that it gives you a screenshot of the area and the url made it so easy to isolate the issue and correct.

Cons: I would love to be able to communicate to someone annoymous if they could add their email address.

• Reviewed on 18/04/2021
Claims Specialist
  • Reviewed on 12/11/2018

"Get Em!"

Pros: Finally, something that allows you to track bugs and issues without having to hunt them down or wait to be informed of them.

Cons: Minor irritations that are based on personal preference rather than an actual issue.

• Reviewed on 12/11/2018
Christian T.
Media Production, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/04/2020

"Simplify issues management and communications"

Comments: Bugherd is used with all our clients and the feedback has been great. Its easy for them to see comments on tasks they have reported and for us to see how work is progressing. We use it extensively on the build of new websites.

Pros: I love how easy it is for clients to create tickets and for us to manage them. The simple interface is easy to use and incredibly powerful. Being able to visually see tickets on the web page, make discussions easier, and tracking issues easy.

Cons: It would be great to be able to add new columns. However this is a small issue.

by Splitrock Studio on 29/04/2020

Wow what a great review! Thank you Christian, we really appreciate you taking the time to outline what you love about the product. We will continue to do our very best to make collecting client feedback and tracking bugs so much easier.

Chris S.
CEO and Creative Director
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees

"Our clients LOVE it"

Pros: To us, the client experience reigns supreme. Also, we hated getting two mile long emails with website edits. With BugHerd, our website review process and ongoing support has become incredibly efficient. Our clients love knowing they can add a note to their website to get our eyes on it, and we MUCH prefer having a list of easy to understand BH notes to deal with instead of trying to interpret email chains!

Cons: BugHerd keep improving - so I have nothing negative to say. All the main features I could ask for already exist, and they have made major improvements to their interface and client side implementation process.

by Splitrock Studio on 29/04/2020

Thank you for such a detailed and fantastic review Chris. We are so pleased to be able to help reduce those mile-long client feedback emails! We will strive to continue improving the product to make your workflow even more efficient.

Gui C.
Internet, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/09/2020

"BugHerd saves hours of client calls and endless piecemeal emails with feedback!"

Pros: It's great to be able to let clients review sites on their own at their own pace. That has saved me hundreds if not thousands of hours on client calls going back and forth on their thoughts. I absolutely love BH. Thank you for existing!

Cons: We have had minor issues with clients not being able to create their accounts, seeing the BH tab, or losing the BH tab after the first round of review. It would also be great if it was compatible with all browsers.

by Splitrock Studio on 15/10/2020

Hey Gui, we really appreciate this amazing review from you! Your feedback has been passed onto the team as we continue to improve BugHerd, making it the best it can be.

• Reviewed on 30/09/2020
Todd K.
Content Director
  • Reviewed on 15/02/2020

"A Real Game Changer for Web Dev"

Comments: Clients have really leaned into this platform. The level of transparency it provides is a big deal for them and allows us to work alongside them rather than play the interpretation game. I'd suggest it to any team that handles large website builds or even simple landing page designs.

Pros: BugHerd has been a pretty big game changer when it comes to my team's web development capabilities. While we used to have to add significant notes to PDFs and emails to send to the client (and vice versa), now we can tackle changes and feedback right at the source. The tool is fairly simple to use and makes it easy for our clients to give us their thoughts, which has made our timelines shorter and deliverables easier to fulfill.

Cons: Since BugHerd is still being refined and updated pretty frequently, there are the occasional hiccups. It still has some quirks with multiple website testing instances that tend to cross some wires in the feedback. The ability to add a voice recording or brief screen recording to really lock down feedback would be great. When working with a team in a different area, adding bugs to your site can be interpreted a million different ways, so an easier way to provide specific info would be the next evolution of BugHerd.

by Splitrock Studio on 17/02/2020

Hi Todd, What an awesome and thorough review! Thank you so much. How cool is your idea of a voice recording? We'll look into it. Thanks again. The BugHerd Team.

• Reviewed on 15/02/2020
Nico H.
Cto
  • Reviewed on 22/04/2020

"Must have tool for project launch"

Comments: With bugherd we have a tool to assign tasks to frontend, backend, designer and project owner.

Pros: It is easy to make the client to understand the work flow. With this tool we accelerate the project launch.

Cons: It could be useful to have the option to close the feedback round.

by Splitrock Studio on 28/04/2020

We are so glad to hear that BugHerd is a must-have tool for your project launches. Thank you so much for such a wonderful review Nico.

Product Management/UX Consultant
  • Reviewed on 02/08/2019

"BugHerd makes it easy to QA"

Pros: BugHerd is very easy to jump in, understand your need and help you document swiftly. I've used it on both small and large teams and truly enjoy the interface of the product. It doesn't take up too much space either which can sometimes distract you from seeing the full view/frame at any point.

Cons: Can't think of anything that distracts me that much about BugHerd, and I think that is a good thing. :)

by Macropod Software on 13/08/2019

Thank you for jumping in and leaving a review ! The team is stoked to hear that BugHerd makes your QA process easier.

• Reviewed on 02/08/2019
John R.
Digital Project Manager
Internet, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/04/2020

"Great addition to your toolset."

Pros: Great seamless integration in the products we realise for our clients.

Cons: No estimation of workload possible on bugs.

by Splitrock Studio on 28/04/2020

Thank you for taking the time to review BugHerd. We've passed your feedback on workload estimates onto the product team also. We hope to keep making BugHerd the best possible tool for collecting feedback and tracking bugs with clients

Ross D.
Web Developer
  • Reviewed on 21/05/2018

"Great bug tracking tool but sometimes UI seems too crammed"

Pros: What I like about this bug tracking tool is the ability to share to clients and mark things real time in a website so we could easly spot them. You can even install their extension or add their script into their site so they could easily pinpoint UI problems in real time and submit it as a bug.

Cons: As much as I like how it allows us to seamlessly track bugs from clients, when you got chock-full of bugs, the UI looks a bit crammed and comments are hard to be seen in each of the tasks.

• Reviewed on 21/05/2018
Kendyl M.
Senior Designer

"Bugherd is awesome!"

Pros: We love that we can work with our clients outside of email to solve problems efficiently. It helps us get on the same page with our product developments.

Cons: That I can't use it for more static design things like print/branding/etc.

by Splitrock Studio on 15/10/2020

Hey Kendyl thank you so much for the wonderful review, we are so glad you hear you've been enjoying using the product with your clients. Your feedback is very important to us as we continue to improve BugHerd.

Reyniel C.
Graphic Designer

"Useful? YES!"

Comments: This helps us a lot to fix web issues and responsive problems that are key points on our work.

Pros: The easier way to manage issues is a big thing that I love.

Cons: I think I don't have anything to say on this, I'm very happy with the product.

by Macropod Software on 14/08/2019

We love that you're loving BugHerd Reyniel and that we are able to help you with your issue management! Thank you so much for the 5-stars and for being an awesome BugHerd customer.

Justin R.
Digital Art Director
  • Reviewed on 15/03/2021

"It will make your digital product even better"

Comments: It's quickly become an essential part of the agency's product design workflow.

Pros: The ability to capture issues in context and easily share with other stakeholders—while being able to track those issues until they are resolved.

Cons: Not being able to capture active 'off-canvas' content, eg. drop-down menus or rollovers. An integrated screen recording feature would address this. Currently have to upload screenshots or screen recordings.

by Splitrock Studio on 12/04/2021

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review Justin, it's much appreciated. We're so glad that your team and stakeholders see the value in BugHerd and it has eased your issue reporting.
I've passed on your feedback to the product team in regards to the 'off-canvas' content. If there's any other feedback or product ideas, please don't hesitate to get in touch, we love hearing from our customers.

• Reviewed on 15/03/2021
Justin H.
Associate Creative Director
  • Reviewed on 24/04/2020

"The best review software for clients"

Pros: I searched through every website review product I could think of and BugHerd came out on top. The ease of use for clients and non-technical users sold us. It also works seamlessly with or without the browser plug-in.

Cons: The only negative about BugHerd is that I would prefer if the seats were per project and not on the overall account. We have different account people for different projects and I can't add who I need for each project so I find myself adding and removing people regularly.

by Splitrock Studio on 29/04/2020

Thank you for taking the time to write such a fab review for us Justin. We really appreciate when customers provide this kind of detail. We are always looking for ways to improve the product so this is great to hear!

Gill G.
Senior Designer
  • Reviewed on 21/04/2021

"A key piece of software to help communication easy between clients, designers & developers."

Comments: Bugherd provides a really good project overview of what tasks still needs to be done. It is simple and intuitive to use, I took to it within the first 15 mins and haven't looked back. It's an invaluable tool for our business and has improved our process drastically, saving so much time.

Pros: The kanban board and assign a task features are both straightforward and well laid out, super easy to start using straight away. Our team and clients have had no issues using it, which is great. Highly Recommend!

Cons: I have only been using it for the past few months, but so far haven't come up against any obstacles.

• Reviewed on 21/04/2021
Dealdiane D.
Mr
Graphic Design, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/05/2018

"Great for client and QA collaboration"

Pros: This is a great tool for when you want clients and quality assurance testers to be able to mark items that needs attention.

Cons: Needs more (built-in) integration with major bug tracking softwares. Marker can sometimes point to a wrong location but screenshots can also be taken when creating an issue as a solution to that

• Reviewed on 05/05/2018