Filter by:

• Overall

About LessAccounting

If you just need a simple, web-based accounting application to keep track of money in and out, we're probably a great fit!

Learn more about LessAccounting

Lara E.
Management Consulting, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 17/04/2019

"Used to be great, but..."

Comments: For several years I had a great experience with Lessaccounting. Now I dread opening it. Which accounts are failing to sync? How many times will I have to try to reauthenticate until it will work? Why? I haven't changed a thing in the login information. Will I ever get a response from the support tech? It's just dreadful now.

Pros: I love the automation in downloading statements. For years it worked nearly flawlessly.

Cons: The deterioration in support. For many years, I'd get help almost instantly. The quality of the support was fantastic. There was a sense of humor in the company communications that made it fun to get in touch. In the last year or so, the support people never get back to me. Since the software is now working much more poorly than it did, this is even more distressing. Frankly, less accounting is no longer meeting my needs. I'm shopping for a better provider.

by LessAccounting on 21/03/2020

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback, Lara. It was immensely helpful.

Over the past 12 we've made a lot of progress as a company.
Our platform was enhanced with a new banking integrator, which made all the bank connection very stable. Our customer support and bookkeeping team has doubled in size and we now handle most customer requests within minutes - 20 hours a day 7 days a week.

We're now a full service bookkeeping and accounting firm specializing on bookkeeping, tax filings, tax planing and strategy and budgeting.

Our goal is to make our clients succeed by save $$$ on taxes and freeing up their time to work on their business.

Please do not hesitate to contact us in case of any questions.

• Reviewed on 17/04/2019
Bobbie D.
Company Owner
Internet, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 30/09/2020

"More features for your money"

Comments: Staff and support teams are all first rate!

Pros: I absolutely hate accounting, but love this product! Once my bank statements are in the app and things are categorized, the accounting takes care of itself. I created a user account for my CPA and he gets what he needs from the program, prepares my taxes, and it's done! SO easy!

Cons: Honestly, this provides everything I need, including a time tracker for my hours, which integrates with invoicing.

Alternatives Considered: Quickbooks Online

Reasons for Switching to LessAccounting: The personality of the company and the great, easy to use product for a non-accountant like me!

• Reviewed on 30/09/2020
Cynthia R.
  • Reviewed on 18/03/2020

"The Customer Support on this Easy to Use Accounting Software is Outstanding"

Comments: Online customer support has been outstanding. They always get back quickly and have been responsive and have actually added features based on my feedback. Most recently they rewrote the recurring invoices piece to allow for searching recurring invoices after I asked for that. Wow! THAT is customer service!

Pros: Very easy to to use and am able to quickly complete my invoicing and bookkeeping.

Cons: On the Bank Statement Reconciliation under Reports, I would like to be able to collapse accounts down and then open them to reveal all of the Statements as I need to. I have quite a few accounts and with bank statement reconciliations going back 4 years, and my main checking account being the 6th account down in the list- it is A LOT of scrolling when I am reconciling that account.

Alternatives Considered: QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise and PeachWorks

Reasons for Switching to LessAccounting: It looked easier to use.

• Reviewed on 18/03/2020
Paule G.
Public Relations & Communications, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/10/2019

"LessAccounting Review"

Pros: CSR's expertise resolving a problem accessing our account

Cons: There is nothing to say as I received all the attention we needed to solve a problem

• Reviewed on 28/10/2019
Colin C.
Freelance Illustrator
Design, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 20/03/2019

"Simple bookkeeping"

Pros: It's incredibly easy to use with a clean and approachable UI. Since finance isn't my specialty, it's nice to see a software that understands that. I can track my finances and not spend hours trying to figure out the bottom line.

Cons: Since it is a simple software, some people might want or need something a little more robust. But, for freelancers or small entrepreneurs who don't need anything too crazy, it should fit the bill.

• Reviewed on 20/03/2019
Sundeep M.
Manager, assurance
  • Reviewed on 18/03/2018

"Impressive for small and non-complex businesses"

Comments: Generating reports for financial statement preparation for client's year-ends

Pros: Good value for money for smaller, non-complex organizations as it provided the financial reports that you will desire

Cons: This is not scalable software if your business grows. Would also be beneficial if you could have more control over your invoices under this software.

• Reviewed on 18/03/2018
Shirin E.
Shirin E.
Co-founder & Cloud Systems Engineer
Telecommunications, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/07/2021

"Nimble, easy to get into and can expand as your business grows"

Comments: It's flexible, allows tagging for understanding areas of expense and income and allowed us to know what to report to various state and local agencies for revenue.

Pros: There was not much of a learning curve. if you need flexibility and you don't have access to a CPA in the early stages of your business, Less Accounting can keep you whole and up to date with your books with their bank account and credit card integration. Even large, known name brands aren't as easy to use as this and some of them even lack recurring invoicing. Less Accounting had this as far back as 2010.

Cons: Would love to see a mobile app in the future.

• Reviewed on 12/07/2021
Francisco S.
Computer Software, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 19/03/2020

"Using it for 8+ years and going..."

Comments: Great support from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN].

Pros: I like that it has everything I, pretty much, nothing I don't.

Cons: Perhaps I would like better integration with the editable areas of the invoices/proposals.

Alternatives Considered: FreshBooks

Reasons for Choosing LessAccounting: Less Accounting is easier to use and seems more of a family driven business than a corporation.

Switched From: FreshBooks

Reasons for Switching to LessAccounting: It just feels different and more crafted than FreshBooks :)

• Reviewed on 19/03/2020
Melissa O.
Entertainment, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/08/2020

"M Olson review - Less Accounting"

Comments: Always friendly, prompt, kind and very knowledgeable customer service. Very happy as a customer!!

Pros: Easy to use with banking integration, report generation, manual journal entries, saves time, more coherent and user friendly than Quickbooks, current update has a nice modern feel to it.

Cons: Would like to be able to further categorize 'Other Income' as I have separate streams of income that need to be separated for tax return purposes, and internal tracking.

• Reviewed on 07/08/2020
Jacob K.
Owner/Designer
Graphic Design, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 04/08/2020

"LessAccounting helped me grow my business"

Comments: Overall, it has been a positive experience. It has saved me time in invoicing clients and has saved me valuable time during the dreaded tax season.

Pros: I've been using the accounting software as well as the bookkeeping services for nearly seven years. LessAccounting has helped me focus on what I do best by keeping my finances organized. The invoicing feature is also a HUGE help in collecting payments from clients quickly and easily.

Cons: Integration with my bank and my most commonly used services was easy to set up. They have recently made some big improvements that have addressed some of the issues I had in the past.

Alternatives Considered: FreshBooks

Reasons for Switching to LessAccounting: Other services seemed overkill for what I needed and the price point fit my budget.

• Reviewed on 04/08/2020
Mimi D.
Director of finance

"Easy-Nice-Clean"

Pros: Easy to implement and a lot of nice features added. The dashboard gives better picture of the numbers and with one click you can switch to different business and transactions. The automated part about categorizing expenses its awesome! When I will add the seamless customer support on this, you have the full package.

Cons: Limited invoice templates and sometimes the invoice links are not working, so I need to resend the invoices.

Craig H.
Craig H.
Engineer
  • Reviewed on 09/05/2020

"Everything you need, nothing you don't"

Comments: LessAccounting helped me get my business' financial affairs in order.

Pros: Less Accounting makes keeping accurate books for your business very easy. The intuitive interface made getting started a breeze, and importing my banking information was super easy. From there the reconciling of accounts and assigning my expenses to the proper category took just a few minutes.

Cons: Nothing, it's very easy to use and the support is great.

Alternatives Considered: Quickbooks Online

Reasons for Choosing LessAccounting: Ease of use and support

Switched From: Wave Accounting

• Reviewed on 09/05/2020
Brad B.
Managing Partner

"Less accounting review"

Comments: Overall good. With the exception of invoicing and reporting.

Pros: Expense tracking, account reconciliation and project tags

Cons: Creating invoices. We still use fresh books for our estimates and invoicing and then need to import them into less accounting. We've simply found that the fresh books invoicing is much easier to use, more intuitive and requires far less steps to manage overall. The less accounting invoice process seems somewhat backward in our opinion.
Also in reporting there is no option to compare this year's revenue and profits with last year's revenue and profits. To me this should be one of the most basic features of any accounting package. The ability to see where your business stands versus the previous year or other periods.

Rachelle C.
Bookkeeper
Accounting, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 08/05/2020

"Perfect for Business Owners who don't"

Comments: As a freelancer, I've been using LessAccounting to keep track of my finances. It's been a great tool that has allowed me to send invoices and proposals to my clients, see whether the invoices have been opened, import bank / Paypal transactions automatically, seamlessly categorize my transactions, and pull all the reports I need!

Pros: The way the software is set up allows someone who has ZERO experience in accounting or bookkeeping to get started right away with their bookkeeping! It was built for non-accountants and they live up to their promise of making everything easy enough for non-accountants to "DIY" their books.

Cons: I feel like features can be added for users who want to further personalize their bookkeeping in terms of more technical accounting, but keeping things simple seems to be effective in ensuring that the software can be picked up by anyone to start using it right away.

• Reviewed on 08/05/2020
Brian E.
Designer
Design, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 11/09/2020

"Better Alternative to Quickbooks"

Comments: I'd say very positive. I would much rather use Less than Quickbooks.

Pros: I've used Quickbooks and Zero in the past, but Less Accounting is just simpler to use and manage. I feel like QB and others are just too complicated for my needs, and the support is awful and confusing, but Less has much better support.

Cons: Nothing really. The interface used to be a bit old, but they updated it so now it's very nice.

• Reviewed on 11/09/2020
Ben W.
Founder and Managing Partner
Market Research, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/01/2021

"Longtime customer"

Pros: Came for the automation (at a time when it was uncommon), stayed for the customer service

Cons: Doesn't integrate with some newer platforms. I stopped using it when my company got acquired by another company that used a different platform.

Alternatives Considered: QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise and Xero

Reasons for Switching to LessAccounting: At the time (2012), better automation. Stayed with it because of good customer service

• Reviewed on 05/01/2021
Maria B.
Maria B.
Accountant
Accounting, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/08/2018

"A simple and easy accounting."

Pros: The interface of this software is very user friendly. This is a simple way to keep a track of your records. This software is easy to use. As the name suggests this can be used by the people who knows less accounting. This software can be used by small businesses and entrepreneurs who don’t want to spend more time for book keeping. This software also do friendly calculations of math even you are not good in math.

Cons: Because their tools are simple and easy to use so this can be used for simple accounting purposes. This software is not for you if you want to do complex accounting calculations. And you are limited to the tools available. This software cannot be used by the companies and growing businesses as it’s a small scale software. Because of the limited options if your pocket allows a good software then go for that one.

• Reviewed on 13/08/2018
Bill Z.
Food & Beverages, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/08/2020

"New Look Of Software"

Comments: Your software is always easy to use.

Pros: The new look and all the things of importance all on the home screen is a great improvement.

Cons: at this time I can't find anything that I would ask you to improve on.

• Reviewed on 30/08/2020
Robert M.
Director / Owner
Entertainment, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/07/2019

"Great for Keep Track of Small Business Accounting"

Comments: Very happy that I had it.

Pros: Easy to use, customer service is very attentive. It's a great way to stay organized when running a small business.

Cons: The account synching and auto-categorizing always seemed off.

by LessAccounting on 21/03/2020

Thanks so much for your feedback, Robert. We've recently integrated with a new banking partner, which made the bank connections very reliable.

• Reviewed on 20/07/2019
Katie L.
Katie L.
Associate Director of Internal Communications
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 22/11/2018

"Didn't do what I wanted it to"

Comments: Great idea, good service when I got them my statements, but ultimately the frustration of needing to export and re-export my own statements manually led me to seek another solution.

Pros: I purchased LessAccounting along with bookkeeping service to help me run my small business. What I liked best about it was that someone else would help me keep my books up to date and on track. When my bookkeepers had my information, they were fast and accurate.

Cons: Unfortunately, the software did not connect to my local credit union and could not automatically input my statements. This meant that I needed to do it manually each month, which I often failed to do. It was frustrating because I had purchased the service precisely so that I wouldn't need to touch it myself. On several occasions, the LessAccounting team was unable to work with the file I provided and I needed to go back and re-export. I understand some of this was my own fault, but the fact that it couldn't be automated in my situation frustrated me.

by LessAccounting on 21/03/2020

Thank you so much for your feedback, Katie. We've made great improvements over the last 2 years, which made banking connections extremely stable. Also, expanded banking integration to 1000s of local banks and other financial institutions. Lastly, we're now a full service bookkeeping and accounting firm providing services from tax filing to strategy and financial planning.

• Reviewed on 22/11/2018
Jason M.
Jason M.
  • Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 02/04/2016

"An Easy To Use Accounting & Invoice Software For Small Businesses"

Comments: Using LessAccounting.com has been a pleasure. Before, I was using Quickbooksonline.com and my experience with the customer service was poor. I was eager to leave and knew about Less Accounting. Their tool was easy to use and quick to transition to. I love it and it makes my freelancing business easier to manager than before.

Pros: It is easy to use, and a simple program. Their support is great and they seem responsive to feedback for improvement and ideas. I expect to continue using them for years to come.

Cons: Their tools are simple, so you may find it limiting if you have more complex accounting needs.

• Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 02/04/2016
Accounting Associate
  • Reviewed on 09/04/2018

"Great accounting software"

Pros: This software does all the math heavy lifting for you so you dont really have to be a math person to accounting

Cons: this software has very limited functionalities versus other ones in this class. If you can afford more buy a better one

• Reviewed on 09/04/2018