Schoology Learning Reviews

• Overall
    4.4 /5
    4.3 /5
    4.4 /5

About Schoology Learning

Schoology, a PowerSchool company, is the education technology company putting collaboration at the heart of the learning experience.

Learn more about Schoology Learning

Courtney M.
n/a
Education Management, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 08/05/2019

"Terrible app even worse customer service"

Comments: Terrible app with even worse customer service

Pros: It was easy to manage my son's schooling.

Cons: It's clunky you have to go in and out to see different grades instead of being under one easy tab. Don't even think of forgetting your password. There is no reset function available and when you ask for help you get a super snarky email. I will copy and paste Hi Cmac0521, We are no longer accepting ticket submissions from Basic users. Helpdesk ticketing support is a feature of our Enterprise subscription. You can see what’s included in Enterprise here. To support our millions of free (Basic) users, we have invested in providing you easy access to better support resources, like the newly launched Schoology Guide Center. We also recommend visiting the Schoology Help Center where you can access a wealth of information about Schoology as well as engage with our member Community. Not sure if you’re a ‘Basic’ account holder? Instructors: if you see the word “Upgrade” in the upper left corner of your Schoology account of your account - that means you’re Basic! Parents and Students: check with your instructor! Sincerely,
Schoology Support
Basically "you didn't pay we don't want to help you, go annoy the school. You're Basic LOL" - Schoology "customer service"

• Reviewed on 08/05/2019
Robert B.
CTE Teacher
E-Learning, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/07/2020

"Effective LMS for Online Instruction"

Comments: I have used Schoology in my classroom for the past four school years. Prior to that, I had tried Moodle, Blackboard and Edmodo for use with my students. Schoology has been the most intuitive to understand and set up. It helps students easily find resources and allows me to integrate numerous online tools, meeting all of my needs as a classroom teacher. This year, our district has moved to requiring us to use Canvas, which really put just how easy and functional Schoology is into perspective for me.

Pros: Schoology is very intuitive for teachers, students and parents providing an easy to use learning management system for all.

Cons: Using the free, non-enterprise, version doesn't provide teachers with student access analytics.

• Reviewed on 14/07/2020
Philip P.
  • Reviewed on 09/07/2020

"A Full Service LMS Offers So Many More Options"

Comments: We've been using for four years and they keep making it better! All of my course content is in Schoology and since I teach using the flipped classroom model, the switch to fully online learning in the spring was pretty much seamless for all my students with home internet access. I am also a Schoology Ambassador.

Pros: Our district uses Schoology as a district-wide Learning Management System (LMS). We switched to Schoology last year and I use Schoology for almost all of my course work. I teach using the flipped classroom model and Schoology's platform allows me to share my lecture videos, conduct assessments of student knowledge and understanding, give assignments, and to provide communication with students and parents. All of my content is available to my students through Schoology 24/7, I can make it available in a variety of ways, and I can make updates in real-time. Schoology's introduction of the Google Assignment App has me excited about our switch to Chromebooks. This app allows you to attach a Google Doc (say a study guide) as part of an assignment. When students open the assignment the document is copied, renamed, and added to their Google Drive. No more students opening or copying a new version of the document each time they go back to the assignment instead of to the copy they made but didn't actually rename as the directions stated. The document is 'tied' to the assignment and updates no matter where they work on it from (inside the assignment or through their Google Drive.) I also use the platform’s completion rules to give students autonomy while also keeping them on track. Another great option is the ability to add images to pages, updates, announcements, and folders to give visual information, help guide students, and give them access options. I also am able to hyperlink

Cons: While they've done a great job updating the product, however, I wish the pace of that was faster. For example, they introduced a new "Assessments" feature that was to eventually replace the "Test/Quiz" feature once it had all of the same options. While the question types in Assessments are nicer, it is two years later and it is still missing features of Test/Quiz including the ability to comment on individual student questions, auto-correction and rescoring if you made a mistake in setting up the correct answer in a question, and importantly, they still have not added a question test bank option for Assessments. Without the option to randomly pull questions from question banks I still use Test/Quiz for later end of unit assessments and semester exams.

• Reviewed on 09/07/2020
Stacey K.
  • Reviewed on 21/07/2020

"User Friendly for Students and Teachers"

Comments: Often times during the course of a class mistakes are caught and need to be fixed. It is very easy and smooth to fix issues while the class continues to run smoothly. The integration with Google Drive is extremely helpful to make things seamless for students!

Pros: I have used a lot of different Learning Management Systems and Schoology is by far my favorite! It is very user friendly on both the teacher and the student end. It is easy to build courses and manage them. It's easy to see student progress and grades. Using folders and all of the different content options, it is very easy to organize the content so that students can navigate it easily.

Cons: Over the years of using Schoology, they have made many updates that have fixed the complaints I've had. My complaints come more from other systems we use, such as single sign on. And the issues isn't with Schoology, it's with students not knowing their login information to sign in.

• Reviewed on 21/07/2020
Ross M.
COO
Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/11/2018

"Good student communication tool, but some features are hard to use."

Comments: I think Schoology is a good software that is helpful in school for online submission of projects and documents, however I prefer Google Classroom because it is easier to use. It took me much longer to become acclimated to Schoology than Classroom.

Pros: Schoology is a well designed program that is very similar to Google Classroom. In Schoology, it is easier to organize than google classroom within the certain classes. The teacher is able to create folders that include all the classwork for the students in color coordination. This is easier to view than google classroom, however it is more difficult to view the due dates.

Cons: The hardest part of the software to me is the attachment of files to the assignment. In google classroom, it is very easy to attach videos, files, links, and documents. There is a button that allows students to attach documents of their own, however most of the time in my experience it refuses to attach my document to the file. I have to end up copying and pasting my document into a new document. Also, if a student submits the assignment and then realizes he or she has made a mistake, sometimes there is no option to un-submit it. Also, it will sometimes submit multiple versions of the document as it is edited.

• Reviewed on 20/11/2018
Aaron L.
E-Learning, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/09/2019

"Schoology Rocks!"

Pros: Schoology allows you to have the all encompassing digital environment for your students. You can house all of your digital materials in one easy spot for students. The platform has a simple layout- which I love for my elementary students. Perhaps the best feature is the assessments. The new assessments allow you to use multiple choice, drag and drop, paint tools, highlighted text, etc. This allows you to essentially recreate any assignment you would normally have in a much more engaging way. And another great feature is that it can self-grade so your students can get instant feedback.

Cons: I really haven't found anything that I don't like about Schoology. They do have a "shared resource" section that could be easier to navigate.

• Reviewed on 21/09/2019
Gretchen D.
Primary/Secondary Education, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/09/2019

"Multiuser Program for Large School Districts"

Comments: Overall, I found Schoology to be a very useful platform to be used within a large school system. It allows for information to travel quickly and for collaboration to occur.

Pros: This software allows the users to not only access courses and communications, but also enables groups to be created to share information.

Cons: In order to reach certain aspects of the program you have to click through multiple operations in order to reach the desired destination.

• Reviewed on 06/09/2019
April B.
  • Reviewed on 28/03/2018

"Easy to use while giving me the results that I want in my classroom."

Comments: I was able to effectively communicate with my students with the software and they enjoy it as it reminds them of social media.

Pros: This software is very easy to use in the classroom setting. I can easily message my students at any time as well as their parents when I need to reach them which is a nice option to have available. I also like the fact I can exchange classroom resources with other educators that may be using the software. I am also a huge fan of the fact that I can make quizzed, grade prior assignment, and keep in touch with my students with just one application.

Cons: I think that there are a few things that can be improved regarding this software such as the mobile application at times seems to be problems with it crashing which means I lose things that I have not been saved at that time. I also dislike the fact that when new features are introduced it seems to take a while for them to become fully functional.

• Reviewed on 28/03/2018
Kyle M.
Director of Operations
Primary/Secondary Education
  • Reviewed on 09/08/2016

"Your students and faculty will actually use Schoology!"

Pros: Schoology offers both a free and enterprise (paid) version. Our school of 600 has been using the free version for 3 years and it is still working great! In talking with a Schoology rep, they mentioned that 80% of the functionality of Schoology is available for free. After going through the Schoology Enterprise demo, I would agree. The main things the free version lacks is in the area of custom branding, administrative permissions, high level analytics, video conferencing, various integrations, and open APIs. Each of our instructors sets up their own course and students can log in and take our courses from anywhere they have Internet. We have used Schoology in Spanish, Portuguese, and English. The free iPhone, iPad, and Android apps works great.

Cons: The site occasionally cuts out due to maintenance and does not automatically refresh.

• Reviewed on 09/08/2016
Kelli G.
District Instructional Technology Coach
Primary/Secondary Education
  • Reviewed on 22/09/2016

"21st Century LMS for the 21st Century Learner"

Comments: I use Schoology in all aspects of my classroom. I create and share resources with other teachers in my district. I share resources with my students. I use Schoology as our online discussion forum. I create assignments/quizzes/tests in Schoology to help with paper clutter. I use the audio function in Schoology to help differentiate assessments. I also use Schoology to keep track of my Relay for Life group at my school where I can share event dates, updates, and important messages. I love that Schoology can be used for teacher-led instruction, but also for students to learn, create, and publish their own work. Schoology is a great tool to use for collaboration as well as differentiation. Super easy to use, and the best part is that there are so many different ways to use Schoology from a Resource Hub for teachers, to a full blown online classroom.

• Reviewed on 22/09/2016
Joseph R.
IT
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/07/2019

"Perfect to Stay in Connection With Students"

Comments: Great software even with those little bugs. Great way to keep parents in the loop with what is going on with their child in school.

Pros: LOVE this software! My son went to preschool last year and this product was a great way to help me stay in contact with his teachers. There are so many other features on the software that I haven't used yet as he doesn't get graded like other grades yet. I will be able to see the courses he takes, the grades he receives and so much more. Excited for the new school year to start to get those updates from his teachers and his school!

Cons: Last year, we did notice that there was a couple bugs with the software. By not being able to post or only posting half at a time. But it seems those issues have been fixed and/or being worked on.

• Reviewed on 15/07/2019
Illustrator
  • Reviewed on 06/02/2018

"There's a reason so many institutions use it"

Pros: Schoology is still the best online learning system I can find. It's prettier than blackboard, more functional, and offers a good UI experience and delivery of content. I've been using it for several years now, and rarely do I run into problems. When I do, they're quick to solve them and quick to update the functionality as a whole. It makes fora great experience for both teachers and students alike.

Cons: It'd be nice to have a little more option for graphics experience and even perhaps for live student interaction. As it is, we still wind up on skype for live learning experiences.

• Reviewed on 06/02/2018
Grace M.
Instructional Technology Liaison
Education Management, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/06/2017

"Students first needed 1 place to go to see homework. Now the whole school communicates in 1 place."

Pros: Ease of use, continual upgrades, available both in web and app version, LTI compliant, robust grading features such as rubrics and customizable grading scales, mastery grading features...The App, in particular, is very easy to grade on, as it allows for easy inking on student submissions. It has also been used that students can submit work on their phones if their regular laptops are not working.

Cons: The calendar feature is relatively weak. It would be great if that were better able to connect and sync with Google calendar and Outlook.

• Reviewed on 19/06/2017
Melinda L.
Retail, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 22/08/2018

"Great way to keep track of your child’s schoolwork"

Comments: I love the app because you can send messages to the teachers without disrupting them with telephone calls. Also you can view all of your children’s progress if you have more than one attending that particular school. I like that if your child is having trouble in a subject you will know ahead of time by assessing their grades and averages through this app. Overall, I have had a great experience! I recommend it to parents that want to keep track of how well their children are doing in school.

Pros: I love that it gives you your child’s test grades as soon as the teacher uploads them.

Cons: I wish that you could view your child’s homework assignments.

• Reviewed on 22/08/2018
Derek S.
Manager of Tech Operations
  • Reviewed on 07/03/2018

"Great LMS for K-12 environment"

Pros: The flexibility and control you have within the LMS along with the ease of use. I like how you are able to determine if you want to use a course or group based on what you are trying to accomplish. Not only is this an LMS it can also be used for clubs or things of that nature.

Cons: The app and the web version do not always work the same. They do not sync with your Active Diretory in order to have it so when you add an account to AD it would then sync with Schoology instead of having to then also add an account to schooolgy.

• Reviewed on 07/03/2018
Sean C.
Education Management, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/07/2020

"Still the best"

Pros: We have been using Schoology for years now and continue to enjoy its stellar level of interoperability and ease of use for students and their families.

Cons: I am still amazed at the different aspects and attributes available to us. However, with the recent merger, the conferencing app is not available. However, because the firm has an amazing level of customer support, I was able to chat with someone with my concern and they are working on it now.

• Reviewed on 03/07/2020
Nick T.
Bishop Bennett Technology Fellow
  • Reviewed on 22/10/2019

"Good Overall"

Comments: Schoology makes it easy to get in contact with anybody associated with our school very easily, which we have not been able to do in the past. It also keeps our grades, lets students access assignments and many more things that are very helpful for our district.

Pros: This software makes it easy to communicate between students, parents, faculty and staff of my school. We have setup multiple auto imports in and out of Schoology and it makes life much easier as an admin.

Cons: While we have setup auto imports, they do not always work. Their support is great when we need help, but I feel like we are needing assistance more than we should -> At least once a week.

• Reviewed on 22/10/2019
Mike W.
Head of Computer Studies & Technology Integratio
  • Reviewed on 20/11/2017

"A one-stop-shop for teachers | A window into the classroom for parents"

Pros: Schoology has all of the tools a teacher needs to deliver an agile, information dense, student-centered, unique learning experience. The rubric builder, updates, resources and classroom building are common-sense tools. The integration with Google Drive and hundreds of other applications and tools make it a cut above anything else.

Cons: There is definitely a learning curve to using the product. Implementation needs to be done patiently and with proper training.

• Reviewed on 20/11/2017
Tyler V.
Education Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/07/2020

"Upgrade your School's LMS"

Comments: We were able to put together a online school in a short amount of time that will be used by a large number of students

Pros: There is a lot you can do with Schoology. It has a user friendly interface and a lot of options and features for both the beginning user as well as the advanced user. Content can be formatted to look similar to other simple LMS or very dynamic for a rich and robust user experience.

Cons: There are a large number of features and it takes time and experience to use them in a creative way.
A simple link to pop up gif would help the user remember or take further advantage of the tools offered.

• Reviewed on 25/07/2020
Cody S.
Production Director
  • Reviewed on 08/09/2020

"Schoology is a great app to keep everyone on the same page!"

Comments: Excellent application. Would definitely recommend.

Pros: I love that everyone can interact and you can post assignments, memos, and organize your business by category. It's like social media for everyone involved. People can view, like and comment posts and assignments. It's very easy to upload material from Google. This app can be learned by anyone, any age!

Cons: The only feature I feel like could be improved is the interface look. There isn't much customization so it makes the app itself LOOK boring. In 2020, looks are important to people!

• Reviewed on 08/09/2020
David L.
Curriculum Specialist
  • Reviewed on 02/11/2019

"Learning management system"

Comments: Schoology allows our school to link assessments to standards. This makes it easy for our staff to identify struggling concepts.

Pros: Our teachers love that they can post assignments on schoology and have their students email it back to them. It also allows them to organize their materials in folders, which makes accessing important documents easy.

Cons: Schoology is a great learning management system.

• Reviewed on 02/11/2019
Katie M.
Religious Institutions, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 14/03/2018

"A Real lifesaver!"

Comments: - keeping my child accountable for his homework
- keeping on top of my child's grades.
- monitoring days out of school and lateness's.

Pros: As a parent I really like this program (there is also an app!) Schoology allows me to keep track of my child's grade by seeing almost daily what assignments have been completed, the grade, homework & test scores, etc. This program has helped me keep my child's grade up and keep him accountable for doing his homework.

Cons: I wish that there was more required teacher accountability (assign homework require 24 hours later to imput grade or something) . There are teachers that are religious about it. I can see my child's grade almost real time and other teachers who won't update for weeks which doesn't allow me to keep on top of my child & his grades. I also find the app could use a makeover, navigation is hard, as a parent there are 3 things I want to see: current grades, absences & lateness, and homework assignments. The rest of what the app offers isn't really applicable to me. In addition to the design on the app itself is not user friendly.

• Reviewed on 14/03/2018
Sales Associate
Retail, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/09/2019

"Great for Homework"

Comments: Overall it's been great to use schoology because it's extremely reliable and easy to use.

Pros: I really love schoology because it works so well and it's so easy to use. I've used a lot of classroom platforms and this is my favorite.

Cons: The only thing I don't like is that the time for assignments is sometimes hard to see if you have a window minimized or you're scrolled to the top.

• Reviewed on 30/09/2019
Office Coordinator
Higher Education, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/08/2019

"Loved this in Grad School"

Comments: Have used Blackboard previously like Schoology better

Pros: This software was so easy to use and I loved how it linked to my Gmail account so i didn't miss an email from a professor or staff member. The assignments were easy to get to and submit as well as read for discussion purposes. I loved that other software such as Zoom could be integrated to make taking the online classes easier

Cons: Like any software it had a couple glitches, but nothing too major or inconvenient

• Reviewed on 24/08/2019
Lucky precious S.
Finance Associate
Banking, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/10/2018

"schoology is an E-learning app"

Pros: Education is an important things and thats what i really like about this app. this is an e-learning app where you can connect to people and learn from them. You can share learnings in many ways by using this app.

Cons: None. i dont see anything wrong about this app. the team is very responsive and if there any issue it solved by an update.

• Reviewed on 17/10/2018