Filter by:

• Overall

About Rydoo

Rydoo is a worldwide business travel and expense solution. Our end-to-end solution covers your whole journey. Period.

Learn more about Rydoo

Tiffany D.
Consultant in Canada
Management Consulting, 2-10 Employees

Customer Service is Important for a product like this -- Rydoo Doesn't Offer That.

2 last year

Comments: I had to cancel my subscription to Rydoo because my bookkeeper required me to use another software. I go to cancel and realize it's one day past the day they had renewed my subscription for a year. Not thinking it was a big deal I wrote to them and asked them to cancel my subscription and refund me since I was moving to another software. They took TWO WEEKS to return my message (after a few more from me) and then said no, they had told their manager and it couldn't be done.
Obviously annoyed I went into the software to cancel the annual subscription so I wouldn't forget this.
A month later, my accountant asked that I download all the receipts I had from Rydoo. So I pop in to export my files and to my disappointment I couldn't because I had cancelled the subscription. (it was now read only..) The only way to do so was to RENEW MY SUBSCRIPTION AGAIN. Now, I wrote them explaining the issue and I get 1 email a week that basically just asks me over and over "what's the issue?" which I cannot BEGIN to explain how annoying that is. The worst part is if I renew even for a month just to export my files, I have to renew for 3 users because that's what I cancelled on. No one will help me correct this on their side so I have to pay 3x the amount for 1 minute of use. So in short, The customer service is obviously brutal, the payment structure is broken and when you need them most, they are nowhere to be found. Do not waste your time.

Pros:

The ease of sending receipts to my email was great - but receipt bank could do that PLUS they have great customer service.

Cons:

- Their payment structure is awful. I tried to change users/permissions to pay less per month and they wouldn't allow me. - They charged me for a full year and would not let me be refunded (even though it was the day I was charged on my VISA) and when I tried to export after I cancelled I had no access (even though I paid for the year). - The customer service is absolutely terrible - I've had to wait weeks for answers to simple questions.

Kye G.
Kye G.
Director of Product and Service Development in
Real Estate, 11-50 Employees

Lets you power through a big stack or pick them off one at a time on the go

5 6 years ago

Comments: I have used this both to catch up on a huge stack of receipts or add them on the go when travelling. Painfully I had a stack of over 100 receipts that got dumped on me. Clearly going to have to teach some employees the basics of travel and expense reports. ;-) Anyways, so far so good. All of them are uploaded and I am just going through to tidy them up. It gets the names, dates and amounts right 95% of the time. When it didn't the receipts were faded etc. You can separate the taxes out by adding the tax rate for the various jurisdiction you were in. Did up a PDF report and it was pretty slick. First time I've tried one of these apps and actually can tell I will stick with it. Entering them on the go is pretty awesome. Snap and pic and then clean up the details. Perfect way to pass the time in a cab or at the airport. Instead of on the couch at 10pm like I am now...never again.

Pros:

Accurate, efficient, simple, sales taxes easy to add, reports seem great

Cons:

Support area of the website is kinda lame. Parts of it require you to log in but it doesn't recognize your password.

Gary D.
Gary D.
Web Room Manager in US
Building Materials, 201-500 Employees

this works great to keep track of expenses

5 3 years ago

Pros:

The ease to snap a pic and have the receipt recorded. Also to be able to not have to save receipte in an envelope or pocket - no more lost receipts.

Cons:

Sometimes it does not auto read the receipt . Also, if the pic is taken in low light it doesn't recognize it. It also reads the first line as the business name - sometimes that's not the case.

Investment Banking Analyst in US
Financial Services, 10,000+ Employees

Secures Your Travel Expenses in a Smarter Way

5 3 years ago

Pros:

I travel extensively for my work and have a budget allocated for each of my visits. I find it time consuming to type all my expenses on a spreadsheet and was looking for a better alternative. I decided to search for a software that can help me reduce these steps. I found Rydo and this has minimized the amount of work in compiling my expenses. First of all, I take photos of all my paper receipts and gather the electronic ones, then I just upload them all at once. Keeps things simple and makes you work smarter. The best part, is that this software computes the different currencies and simplifies my job. It manages my reimbursements in a timely manner. I am secured that my travel expenses are in good hands.

Cons:

My only concern is sometimes the software tends to lag and takes slower than usual. This is a pet peeve especially when you have multiple receipts. I hope they fix this problem.

Joachim C.
General Manager in Spain
Business Supplies & Equipment, 11-50 Employees

Good software supporting small businesses

4 5 years ago

Comments: It is a good software, but in some parts possibility for optimization.
f.i. in the mobile version it should be possible to enter all datas (VAT) and it should be possible to forward the bill to the boss.
There should be a direct link from the report to the expense, without going the deviation via expenses and the filter there

Pros:

A lot of functions included - good for a small business

Cons:

At some parts a bit complicated

Bart D.
Technology advisor in Belgium

Great expense tool !

4 5 years ago

Comments: We love expenditure ! Great tool, web-service (interface) could be a bit faster sometimes (if you use on a daily base) - just scan and you are ready !

Pros:

- scanning service with great OCR - in belgium you can loose the original receipt (they keep it for 10 years) - swift interface - superfriendly support

Cons:

- interface a bit slow sometimes (probably because of growth -- invest in servers :-) ) - can't ready directly from KBC (important bank in BE° - cannot integrate with yuki or exact offline (only the online version which is a non go for our account because its too slow) -- so more export/api option should be recomended

Jeanette A.
Jeanette A.
Executive Director in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 Employees

Was ok, but got worse

3 2 years ago

Pros:

We used Rydoo, when it was Zenefits. It was mediocre then, but when it changed it's name to Rydoo, it became more complicated and less accurate we had to leave it and go to another program.

Cons:

It was difficult to operate for both the staff and the administration.

Rydoo Response

2 years ago

Hey Jeanette, Thank you for submitting your review about Rydoo. We're sorry to hear about your experience. As an evolving company, we are constantly working on bettering our system to create the best possible user experience for our clients. We have taken your review into consideration and have forwarded it to the the respective department. It should be noted that Rydoo has never been affiliated with Zenefits. Previously, our name was Xpenditure and we merged with iAlbatros to form the Rydoo of today :) Again, thank you for your submission. Have a fantastic day! Kind regards, The Rydoo Team

Jacob K.
Owner in US
Investment Management, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Rydoo is the best decision if you want to maintain contact with your partners.

5 3 years ago

Comments: We as a work team are totally satisfied with the results that the App has shown. Rydoo seems to us that it is an application worthy of receiving applause, since it has practically no errors, except for its distortion.

Pros:

rydoo has brought us a new version of its already renamed App. rydoo is an excellent video calling application made exclusively for partners and companies, has a very modern and functional interface, and also has a great sound quality.

Cons:

It has a single small error that we must emphasize, such as the fact that sometimes the signal is distorted a bit, but that also depends on the frequency of the signal, what we mean is that when making a call it is a little unstable.

Amber H.
Financial Assistant in
Philanthropy, 11-50 Employees

Great Customer service

4 4 years ago

Pros:

It is user friendly and I like that you can customize just about anything. The reporting side has several options and is compatible with Quickbooks.

Cons:

The mobile app has some gliches from time to time so we have to re download the app. I would like an easier way to attach multiple pages for a receipt.

Mariavittoria G.
engineer in Italy
Building Materials, 11-50 Employees

Not really satisfied

2 5 months ago

Comments: Well at the beginning it was good.. but I think in the last year it's declining..

Pros:

Easy to scan receipt. Easy to use with user.

Cons:

No way to update easily credit card statement. Every time we do that, i.e. once a month , two of our credit card statements do not update correctly. Which one, it's random. Now I will have to do that manually. Thanks Rydoo, you are good at promising.. but then, it's my problem. I have been having patience, but I think i will migrate for next year to something easier, or at least cheaper...

Lisa J.
Owner in New Zealand

A simple tool to track my expenses - but has the occasional hiccup

4 3 years ago

Pros:

Capturing expenses on the go via the mobile app is simple and quick Makes it easy for my to get reports ready when it's GST return time.

Cons:

Software stil has occasional hiccups. Sometimes it seems to pick and change currencies at random and the mobile app does freeze occasionally. But I've also noticed significant improvements over the last 6 months so I'm confident this is being worked on.

Pedro K.
Market Analyst in Japan
Construction, 2-10 Employees

Great App and great service!

5 5 years ago

Comments: We use it to manage expenses for a small start up. It's the best option to report expenses we found after great searching. It does exactly what we needed: to see where the money is going away.

Pros:

Really easy to use. Even our most senior partners learned to report their expenses after a short tutorial. It's really intuitive. Costumer support is also great.

Cons:

It's a little bit expensive, but it's worth it. Free software doesn't work well with teams.

Nicole M.
Trustee in Australia
Construction, 2-10 Employees

Xpenditure for a VERY small business

5 5 years ago

Comments: I have had exceptional live chat service throughout my trial period and it was a huge factor in deciding to go ahead with a subscription.

Pros:

Ease of use and set up was relatively easy compared to other accounting programs I've used before. For such a small business, we needed something simple and this seems to suit our needs exceptionally well.

Cons:

Setting up the GST component for Australian businesses and not having an Australian ABN in the set up. The wording in particular is confusing when trying to set it up in Aus. It is set up to show 10% but if you are only putting in partial GST you have to remove the GST and select something different because the program wont allow you to adjust the amount.

Derek N.
Pilot in US
2-10 Employees

Great product so far

4 5 years ago

Comments: I need to track reimbursable and non-reimbursable expenses. So far this has been the easiest way to do so. I plan to integrate it with my accounting software as well.

Pros:

How easy it is to import, categorize, and edit information. I like that I can track all kinds of expenses as well as reimbursable expenses.

Cons:

Loading a bulk of expenses takes a bit of time, especially when you must click on each one to edit. My only other complaint is about the iPhone app. I wish the taking a photo of the receipt, it would crop out the surrounding area and make it look like a scan like scanner apps do.

Xpenditure Response

5 years ago

Hi Derek, Thank you for your valuable feedback. I'm happy to announce that we're working on a new mobile application containing 'the scanning & cropping feature' you described in your review (along with some other cool improvements). The good news is that you already can subscribe for the beta version here: http://beta.xpenditure.com/. Don't hesitate to contact us if you have other remarks or questions!

Sonya M.
Administrator in US
Food & Beverages, 11-50 Employees

So far so good

5 5 years ago

Comments: I just joined and am helping a friend with some organization! So far, it's been a great tool! I was looking for a way to organize his many receipts and this seems like it's doing the trick!

Pros:

I love being able to upload the pictures of receipts so easily. I tried several programs and found this one worked the best for me. It was much user-friendly than the others.

Cons:

I'm still learning how to do it and I can't seem to figure out how to export a report with out like 50 fields. Wish I could choose which fields to export to save time when I get the report downloaded.

Sundeep M.
Manager, assurance in Canada

Simple small business solution

4 4 years ago

Comments: It centralizes expenses easily and quickly

Pros:

The software is very easy to use and has the functionality required for a very small business to keep track of expenses

Cons:

It can occasionally take a while for larger reports to get uploaded in comparison to other accounting softwares.

Visiting Scientist at Cornell University in India
Research, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Indispensable for its versatlity

5 3 years ago

Pros:

The software automates the expense management process from receipt to accounting. use it both for my day-to-day personal expenditure, as well as travel expenses related to conferences and visits. I also use it to keep track of the expenses incurred in procuring research-related materials.

Cons:

Nothing to dislike about this software/ app.

Antonio A.
System admin in Spain
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees

Good application with good price

4 5 years ago

Comments: Xpenditure works fine and it is very friendly for the users. For admins, it is easy to manage and it has many features. I just miss the possibility of exporting to Excel the filtered data of some listings.

Pros:

easy to work, posssibility to have groups and proyects.

Cons:

some times it is a bit slow to load the pictures into the system.

James S.
Owner operator in US
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 2-10 Employees

Very useful tool, very convenient and simple.

5 5 years ago

Comments: I haven't got off into eploring more than uploading receipts but that alone is awesome so anything else just make it even better

Pros:

The one feature I've used is awesome so anything else is a plus

Cons:

Can't say I dislike anything

Guido G.
Italy
2-10 Employees

Best expenses tracing tool ever

5 5 years ago

Comments: I was searching for a software capable to keep track of my company expenses and after some research i found this site (and app) and i never stopped using it.

Pros:

Ease of use; App to scan receipts and track km

Cons:

It would be wonderful to be able to create a project using the app

Emilie H.
A/R Manager in US

Xpenditure - The simplest expense reporting software

4 6 years ago

Pros:

It is user friendly and there is always customer support available and willing to help.

Cons:

There are still glitches in the system and changes happening to fix them. I like that there are changes being made based on customer feedback, however you get adjusted to one way of doing things and then abruptly there's an update.

Head of Data in UK
Staffing & Recruiting, 51-200 Employees

Disrupting the expense marketplace. market leader

5 3 years ago

Pros:

Really good value. Much cheaper than alternatives. easy to use. even some of the least tech savvy colleagues have gotten on board with it.

Cons:

long waits for forgotten passwords notifications fro approval could be improved. Could use integration with banks for payments to streamline further, similarly with accounting packages

Jeffrey I.
General Manager in Canada
Hospitality, 11-50 Employees

Happy New User with Only a few recommendations for improvement.

4 5 years ago

Comments: Customer Support has been incredible, via email and online chat. Virtually Instant. The couple of times where the UI hasn't felt intuitive and I was confused they answered my questions right away.

Pros:

I like that it links with my bank. And is generally intuitive and looks great. Love being able to select expense reports.

Cons:

I wish there was a simpler way to track which Items have been put on an expense report/Items that have been paid. Im a Canadian and use a lot of US services so sometimes the exchange of currency doesn't register

Rob M.
MD in UK
11-50 Employees

Product has issues, customer support is the WORST I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED

1 3 years ago

Comments: Either hire new customer support staff or close your buisness down!

Pros:

It would be nice if it worked, but doesnt sync to accounts software so is pointless! If you like wasting time, use Rydoo. It was a lot better when it was xpenditure.

Cons:

Customer support does not reply to e-mails unless you send them a HUGE number of follow-ups! The system doesn't work and they just don't reply, and when they do the answers are not useful!

Mike S.