15 years helping British businesses

Acuity Scheduling Reviews

4.8 (5,618) Write a Review!

About Acuity Scheduling

Automate your client bookings, cancellations, reminders, and payments by using the world's friendliest online scheduling software.

Learn more about Acuity Scheduling

Pros:

I love how accessible this product is and the support team are very helpful.

Cons:

The same applies to setting availability. It can be a bit confusing when blocking off times by day.

Acuity Scheduling ratings

4.6

9.1/10

Acuity Scheduling has an overall rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars based on 5,618 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Acuity Scheduling before?

Filter reviews (5,618)

Dr. Jeanette
Dr. Jeanette
President in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed

Acuity Scheduling is an economical choice for scheduling and collecting payment

Comments: Acuity Scheduling was an excellent great start and affordable option for online scheduling, billing collections, and basic SOAP notes. It was user-friendly and easy to setup. It also allowed for multiple users that could be set up as administrators or clinicians. I ultimately had to leave the platform for a more advanced EMR system; however, I definitely recommend them as a great place to start or if your needs are more simple.

Pros:

Acuity Scheduling is very user-friendly and easy to setup. I liked being able to customize my account to my brand colors and logo. The online scheduling and billing features are easy for both clinician and client.

Cons:

The SOAP note features are not as robust. This is to be expected since they are not technically an EMR. For basic SOAP notes, they do the job. For more advanced SOAP notes, these can be created within the platform and are not difficult to do.

Web Designer and Founder in US
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Great Booking System for Meeting Room Reservations

5.0 last month New

Comments: Acuity is an awesome booking system. We use it to manage our business room meeting reservations and the whole system is very easy for our customers to use. The software has paid for itself over and over again!

Pros:

We use Acuity Scheduling to reserve our meeting room space. Acuity has automated our booking and payment process so clients can book online without needing to work with a human. Payments are processed through Stripe and are deposited directly into our business bank account in a matter of days. Acuity has reminder email and SMS available to help eliminate no shows. Acuity also integrates with Google Calendar so you can quickly check for upcoming meetings on your phone.

Cons:

I wish we didn't have to login to Stripe to issue refunds when meetings are cancelled. It would be nice if there were a front-end experience in Acuity. There are some limitations with add-ons. We sell pots of coffee as an add on, and there's no way for a customer to select how many pots of coffee they would like to purchase. Add ons are limited to checkboxes, no quantities.

James
Owner in Australia
Wine & Spirits, 11–50 Employees

No customer service No reply from Help options !!!!

2.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: Very Very UN HAPPY I can not get help

Pros:

when it worked it did what it was meant to

Cons:

the lack of customer service ! I have a blockage on the booking platform and I can not get help to un block

Kiri
Owner in Australia
Retail, 2–10 Employees

Reliable software

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Overall, I'm very happy with Acuity scheduling.

Pros:

The software works consistently and reliably. It's reassuring to know that customers are receiving the correct information, and we are aware of any changes in real time. Being able to ban problem customers is essential for us. The forms allow us to create click-wrap agreements with our clients.

Cons:

My only issue with acuity is the look of the booking form. There isn't a lot of scope to alter the appearance, and the standard format isn't the most visually appealing.

Emily
Founder and Lead Teacher in US
E-Learning, Self Employed

Acuity is helpful for one-time bookings and virtual events!

4.0 2 months ago New

Comments: It works for one prong of my business and is well priced! It’s a partner biz with Squarespace too so they’re very compatible on my website.

Pros:

The pricing model is affordable and you can begin setting up your account as soon as you pay — there’s even a free version! It’s super easy to let customers book and purchase online and the email setup (confirmation, reminders, etc) and they can modify and change on their own too!

Cons:

The booking widget and checkout aren’t as visually customizable as I’d like. It also doesn’t customers book recurring lessons and choose the dates, so it’s not good for weekly music lessons/tutoring, etc.

Esther
Head Operations and Sales in US
Financial Services, 51–200 Employees

Sensational Appointment Scheduling Software.

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

It is an affordable tool for scheduling appointments within minutes.It has an intuitive and user-friendly interface.Itbis simple to reschedule or cancel appointment using this tool.I never miss appointments because of Acuity Scheduling reminder feature.

Cons:

It makes appointment scheduling process fast and effortless thus nothing to complain.

Qiana
Massage therapist in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed

Very user friendly scheduling app

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: Very good overall and I’m happy continuing to use it

Pros:

It’s easy to navigate UI, customizable appointment email and text.

Cons:

It easily integrates with square, but lacks some functionality like adding a tip or discount

Joseph
Information Technology Specialist in US
Construction, 201–500 Employees

A Straightforward Appointment Scheduling Software.

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

I like how it is simple and fast to book or rather book appointments with Acuity Scheduling.Again,it is simple to cancel or reschedule appointments with Acuity Scheduling anytime.It has a reminder feature that ensures that I don't miss any appointment.

Cons:

I haven't faced any challenges with Acuity Scheduling since it meets my appointment scheduling needs.

Ronald
Project Officer in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 201–500 Employees

Fostered and Evolved Excellent Online Booking Itinerary

5.0 last month New

Pros:

Often notifications and reminders on upcoming appointments. Super-easy stylish GUI and UI dashboard visualization. Online billing and invoicing (payment processing). CC procession.

Cons:

Tis the right IT software fitting its functionality and performance.

Arleny
Arleny
Global Recruiter in Dominican Republic
Human Resources, 2–10 Employees

Helpful Scheduling Tool with Handy Features

4.0 7 days ago New

Pros:

I’ve been using Acuity Scheduling for two months, and it’s been a game-changer for my business. The platform is really easy to use, and setting up my calendar was a breeze. My clients love how simple it is to book appointments, and the automatic reminders have cut down on no-shows a lot. Plus, it integrates perfectly with tools like Zoom and Google Calendar. It’s saved me so much time and hassle—highly recommended!

Cons:

The pricing is a bit high for a small business like mine. The customer support is helpful but can be slow to resolve issues sometimes. It has a lot of potential, but it might not be the best fit for everyone.

Monica
Founder/Owner in US
Publishing, Self Employed

Easily Fits Into My Solo Biz

Comments: Once I set up my questionnaire and determined my schedule and link name, it really was good to go. I've shared it with a variety of potential clients with no complaints so far as to issues using it. I look forward to getting to know the tool even better so I can hopefully streamline things even more. I believe it will integrate nicely with a WP site - according to my designer - so all the more reason to stick with this one.

Pros:

The best thing about Acuity to me is how easy it is to incorporate into my business process. I can easily update my daily schedule before I share the scheduling link with a potential client. I was able to create a questionnaire used within Acuity, and I can just add the link to my site for people to use when they are ready to schedule a meeting. Plus I can customize the link with my business name. And that's just using the free version. I will upgrade when it's time and I anticipate it being even better when I do.

Cons:

Because I am not yet using this daily, I don't have any complaints about this tool as of yet. There are all kinds of little things I'm not even using yet and the price is right even to just try out the other features. What's not to like?

Jay
COO in US
Photography, 2–10 Employees

Easily solved our complex Photography Studio schedule.

Comments: We love Acuity and cannot see ever moving away from it. Not only does it manage our booking and syncing with Google Calendar, but it also integrates with our CRM Pipedrive. We use it both on the computer and mobile application while out of the studio with clients which has made booking incredibly easy and no longer a frustration. On top of that, our no-shows have plummeted due to the automation reminder text messages and emails. Something we never had implemented prior to Acuity and now couldn't live without. With how busy everybody is anymore, reminders are so helpful and really make a huge difference so we don't get stuck waiting on a client who forgot to show up.

Pros:

We love the ability for clients to schedule themselves, and once we got everything sorted out with how to logistically set up our schedule to account for how our business runs, it has solved so many issues and problems of knowing when to schedule a client. The ability to assign resources and set the availability for those resources is really the best part. For almost any client-heavy industry this is a key feature which allows you to maximize your client load in an orderly fashion. We wen't from thinking our schedule was maxed out, to realizing we had the ability to expand our schedule over 50% thus increasing our bottom line.

Cons:

If you have no worked with a scheduling software before, there is a learning curve. We used Acuity for well over 9 months before figuring out how to really utilize this tool to maximize our studio schedule. Granted, the help and support Acuity offers is amazing, but I tend to DIY most things until I get stuck. By reaching out for help and support when you get stuck, the only minor frustration is easily mitigated and goes away quickly.

Owner in UK
Photography, Self Employed

Pleasantly surprised

Comments: So far i'm quite happy with Acuity Scheduling. Even though there is the annoyance of the menu system, the features & level of customisation available outweigh this.

Pros:

So far there's quite a lot to like about Acuity Scheduling. I like that I can have different appointment groups & types which I can customise with photos & text (inc T&C's etc.) as well as customise the calendar settings to only allow bookings at times that are convenient to me. I also like that I can hide certain appointment types so they are only visible to people I share the link with, this is especially useful for one off or promotional sessions. The integration with my external google calendar is also a great feature & something which was lacking from other scheduling tools I've tried. The option to take online payments is also a good feature, and something which i'm sure will really help to streamline my booking process. There are also many options for integrating with external apps such as quick books, facebook, active campaign etc. which i'm yet to fully explore but I'm sure will be useful to me and improve the efficiency of my booking process.

Cons:

The only issue I have is that the user interface could be improved. As i'm still fairly new to this software, I find when i click on a link to make changes (for example 'Availability') and it's not actually the menu I want, I have to go all the way back to the home screen to then search through the respective menus to find what I want. This becomes annoying if you go through this process several times to find what you'r after, and it could be improved by either adding drop down menus, or at least leaving the entire navigation menu visible in each section.

Kate
owner in Australia

WOW Acuity Scheduling increased My bookings By 80% in-the first week

Pros:

I really love that myself and the client get an email to confirm the booking instantly, I love the color coding of my treatments in a glace, I know who has booked a massage and the length of time or if it's an energy healing or reflexology & my clients say its really easy to use. Squarespace has been quite fast in getting back to me with any problems or queries and mostly provide a video on how to address any problems with step by step instructions which is super helpful by last website provider would take over a week to get back to me and want to charge me each time even when it was their mistake so Squarespace/ Scheduling service makes me extremely happy I feel they are supporting me in my business and understand the urgency of having a to fix any problems. Great work Squarespace /Scheduling I appreciate the service you provide and am thrilled with my choice to use your platform and booking system.

Cons:

I have only been using this for 6 days so the things I would add or change may already be a possibility and I just haven't had the time to work it out as yet Firstly, the block time off is a bit too slow I just want to click block and then the space of time on the day I wish to block and it's done, it's really slow to have to click block and manually fill it out in the side panel other booking systems aloud the way I wish it to be and it was much more proficient. on three occasions this week clients have been able to usefully book a time that was already booked by another client and I have had to call and apologize and try to reschedule the last client that booked which is quite embarrassing and the clients don't understand how it's possible. also, I haven't worked out how my clients can book or chose from my two clinic locations I wonder if that's possible?

Stavros
Stavros
Wedding Officiant in US
Events Services, Self Employed

Acuity Scheduling Is A Super Trifecta In The Appointment Scheduling Application Platform

Comments: My overall experience was outstanding. I cannot say anything negative about this platform as it really delivered all the bells and whistles that you want in an appointment scheduling application.

Pros:

The top features for me were the ability to have a client make a "reservation, appointment, booking" that is dated more than 1 year from the current day. Many competitors have a restriction on future bookings which only allow you to make a booking within the next 365 days. In my industry, dealing with Weddings, future ability to make a reservation 2 or even 3 years from the current day is crucial. The number 2 feature that I believe is underrated and is very important in many industries is the fact that appointment add-on's such as a time extension or a same-day rehearsal, Acuity was one of the only that took that specific booking and reflected that overall appointment time into my future availability. Not all applications factor in "add-on's" into the future appointment availability which can cause problems in servicing other clients who now have an opportunity to schedule the service even though you the provider might not be available. Another great feature is that Guests who pay for the service in full have the ability to give you a tip. (which is a rare feature among. these appointment application solutions.)

Cons:

The only cons are that even their top tier level plans which go for approximately $45/ month still do not come with phone support. While setting up your account is quite streamlined and simple. I still have a personal opinion on those applications that cost a specific amount per month should provide phone support. I would like to note that their email support was on point and did respond better than some other competitors I have used in the past.

Jennily
Nail Technician in US
Cosmetics, Self Employed

Great software to use especially for new businesses

Comments: My overall experience with Acuity has been nothing short of amazing. The software is easy to use. I still can’t find anything better then Acuity to handle my appointments.

Pros:

Acuity has many many features that I enjoy using. My booking site can be customized the way I like which opens me up to being creative, the layout is not confusing to my clients, everything is clear to understand, adding services and add-ons are a breeze, I love the coupon code feature that they offer, I use it all the time.

Cons:

The only thing I would like acuity to update is allowing my client to book two services at once on the same day. It’s a bit of a hassle having to creat add-ons for services that are already listed. Other then that it’s great.

Emily
Director of Marketing & Operations in US
Management Consulting, 2–10 Employees

Acuity Review

Comments: Loved it, but Acuity is not with the times and the technology wasn't modern enough to continue to trust it and use it for our business.

Pros:

I like how the admin has great control over the backend and has full use and capability. I also like the ability to brand everything.

Cons:

It doesn't natively integrate with third-party calendars. We had to switch to Calendly solely because of this reason.

E
Owner in US
Consumer Services, 2–10 Employees

It's All Handle with Acuity!

Comments: I use Acuity for all of my scheduling needs with clients. From what I have researched, Acuity is the best all-inclusive appointment management program and has extensive features and integrations included that other appointment software does not have. You can have a very basic, bare bones setup or you can really dig into the backend and customize it endlessly. I love that I can create custom confirmation emails, separate products, group classes, take payments through Stripe or PayPal and that my clients get a reminder email before their session. The benefits are amazing!

Pros:

My favorite feature about Acuity is the overall ease of use. It is not complicated to manage for someone who isn't too tech savvy. It has easy to understand instructions, modern and clean user-interface and even a little wit and personality thrown into the design, which makes this software completely unique. I know that anyone looking to manage their client appointments will be more than satisfied with the benefits and features that Acuity offers as I have referred several people including real estate agents, personal stylists, web designers, interior designers, pet sitters and business coaches. The platform is so flexible and so customizable that there really isn't anyone who can't use it for their business needs. There are even intake forms that can be individually assigned to an appointment type, which helps streamline my process of taking on new clients. I love the fact that I can create "Add-on" for specific appointment types if I want to offer an additional service, and the fact that I can hold a customer's credit card with or without charging. Like I said, there are numerous options! The last and most important benefit is that Acuity enables an easy embedding for your website so you can maintain a professional look while keeping your customers on your website.

Cons:

The only thing I can think of that I would like is to have intake forms that provide IFTTT, meaning that I could create questions that only show up if a user selects a specific response. The intake forms are great for the information that they do provide, but they could use a little upgrade in my opinion.

Nancy
Owner in US
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Will not use any other Scheduling software!

Comments: I would be lost without this program. It is exactly what a scheduling program should be and not trying to add on things it doesn't NEED.

Pros:

I have been using this program for years and it has never failed me. Even when I had an issue it was resolved promptly. It has all the features I need as I have multiple streams of income in my business and it satisfies the scheduling needs for all of them...from coaching to website design strategy sessions and training

Cons:

There isn't anything I don't like about this program although I do wish at times I didn't have to use another 3-party app to integrate.

Jeannette Scharning
CEO in Norway
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed

I will recommend Acuity Scheduling! Yet, please create a live chat for getting help. Thank you!

Comments: I am very new to Acuity Scheduling. And so I have just put it on a very new website. Yet I am convinced this will make customer service much easier, swift and allow me to focus on my work to a larger extent. Thank you for creating Acuity Scheduling.

Pros:

I really like Acuity Scheduling. It is accessible to implement and use for everyone. Acuity scheduling is easy to integrate in wordpress. Makes it to upload photos and color code offers. Payments are easily integrated. I am not an IT expert. Yet figured how to get Acuity scheduling to work. And will absolutely recommend Acuity Scheduling.

Cons:

Finding help should be easier. I do recommend that you have a direct chat for getting help. I think you should have online chat availability. It is much better flow to be able to get a responce whilst working on the site. I am new to IT [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. Have taught myself to create the site, hosting, webregistration, branding. I find that both Bluetooths and Namecheap's customer services - support - are better. If you have a problem someone is there to respond immediately. I do know that it is probably a lot to ask. Yet a chat is preferable. If you cannot keep it open 24/7. Then at least for the hours that you reply to customers. I think you need to get your live chat in place. If someone copies your product and has a live chat option for help, I am afraid you risk loosing a lot of clients. Time is limited. And flow in terms of getting help is key. Also getting the replies to what you actually need is much easier to get when you chat. To wait for a day or two for a reply is really not a good solution. It stops the flow. Good to get flow when working on getting a scheduling system in place. I will still recommend Acuity Scheduling.

Liz
Director in US
Entertainment, 2–10 Employees

Play Rehearsals Made Simple

Comments: I am usually on the artistic side of production so I wanted a scheduler that would offer many options but still be very user-friendly. That is exactly what I found with Acuity. I am rehearsing a monologue play with many different actors. I cannot tell you how much time I have saved allowing my performers to do their OWN scheduling of rehearsals based on their availability. No tracking down and then having to amend the times and days they may be free to rehearse. It also has meant that unforeseen circumstances have been a nonissue. No shuffling rehearsals around. All available hours for rescheduling are right there. Easy for my actors to see and select a new time that works for them. And then I am notified they have changed their rehearsal. It is great! Since we were already rehearsing digitally through zoom, the option to connect the two directly has been another time (and energy!) saver. I can go into zoom and it has automatically created a meeting for each rehearsal scheduled. And if it is rescheduled the original is deleted. I used to have to do all that manually! Bravo all the way around. This product deserves a standing ovation.

Pros:

The automated aspects of this scheduler are robust. Both on the user end - confirmation emails and easy rescheduling. I also love that I get reminders for all scheduled times on my end. And I know right away when there is a new appointment scheduled. One of the best parts: It connects directly to Zoom. Having that streamlined has been so helpful. No extra time and headache with links and passwords! I am using it to rehearse for an online performance of my monologue play. It has been a big hit with my performers - allowing them considerable flexibility. I’m also able to set limits - daily and overall. So that I’m not ever taking on more work than I can handle. I plan to continue to use it with my private acting sessions. Highly recommended for artists who run their own classes, etc.

Cons:

The resources and room options have to be manually duplicated. If there was a “copy” option for those, I would use it more. For my use- Most of those would be nearly identical. Just applied to a different type of appointment.

Debbie
Owner-teacher in US
Music, Self Employed

Acuity: A near-perfect scheduling solution for this piano teacher

Comments: I have really liked Acuity! Their branding is fun! Customer Support is really good, for the very few times I've needed help. Support videos and tutorials are excellent. Overall, it's a great program that is priced very fairly and has freed up a significant amount of time as administrator.

Pros:

What I absolutely LOVE about Acuity is the ability to set up my piano lesson days and times, give my piano parents a link, and then they can sign up for their own lessons! With the email reminders (also an awesome feature to reduce no-shows), they can also easily reschedule a lesson if they need to. This saves me COUNTLESS hours! No need to do the "back and forth" texting and emails to settle on a different lesson time...parents can do it all themselves. Win for them and an even bigger win for me!

Cons:

The one feature I wish Acuity had is the ability to hover over a lesson time on the calendar and see a list of names of the students who will be in that lesson. The calendar does show how many are signed up (in the form of a fraction...sign-ups/total number the lesson will hold...3/5, for example) but I really would like to hover and see the names. I also wish there was an easier way to bulk delete a lesson time. Say I decide to discontinue offering lessons on Monday afternoons at 2pm. I have to go in and scroll down a long list of lessons, looking for that specific lesson, check-marking the box next to each one, then delete. Seems like there should be a "delete just this lesson or all future lessons?" option. But this isn't really THAT big a deal. Just an annoyance that will take 10 minutes (instead of 10 seconds.)

Arpan
Email Marketing Expert in US
Events Services, 201–500 Employees

Maximize Efficiency : Streamline Your Appointments and Automate Your Workflow!

Comments: Acuity Scheduling is an online appointment scheduling software that allows users to easily manage their appointments and bookings. The features of Acuity Scheduling include a user-friendly interface, automatic reminders and confirmations, custom branding options, integration with various payment platforms, calendar synchronization tools, and much more. Acuity's intuitive design makes it easy for customers to book appointments in just a few clicks. With its automated reminders, customers are notified about upcoming appointments via email or text message so they never miss an appointment again. Users can customize their booking experience by selecting the branding colors for their business page and adding custom questions for clients during the booking process. Integrated payment solutions allow customers to make payments quickly without leaving the platform while calendar synchronization tools enable users to keep events in sync across all devices.

Pros:

1. Intuitive and user-friendly interface: Acuity Scheduling offers an easy to use interface, which allows even inexperienced users to quickly set up their schedules in minutes. 2. Automated reminders and notifications: Acuity Scheduling sends out automated emails or text messages prior to appointments, eliminating the need for manual follow-ups and ensuring clients are reminded about their upcoming appointments. 3. Powerful online booking system: The online booking system is highly customizable so that you can configure it specifically for your business’s needs. It also supports multiple payment methods, client profiles and more features that make scheduling easier than ever before. 4. Ability to manage multiple locations: The platform allows businesses with multiple locations to easily manage all of them from one central dashboard, making it a great choice for multi-site operations such as hospitals or clinics with multiple branches across cities or states. 5 Client self check-in feature: This feature lets customers securely check themselves into appointments without having to wait on line at reception desks - saving time for everyone involved!

Cons:

We can customize availability settings by blocking certain days/time slots off so they won't appear during bookings , ensuring only suitable appointment times are shown based on your preferences

Sarah
Office Administrator in US

Amazing. Seriously. If I could give more than 5 stars for customer support I totally would.

Comments: Ability to seamlessly manage multiple calendars, have ready access to calendar, client details and historical data, and access information remotely, but also securely!

Pros:

I was looking for software that A) Had the ability to seamlessly coordinate shared appointments across multiple calendars B) was REALLY easy to use and C) was HIPAA compliant. I couldn't easily find the dual calendar feature, and contacted customer support before I moved on, their executive was AWESOME. He understood my question (not easy!), pointed me in the right direction, set up the behind-the-scenes setting that I needed, was super helpful, and made me laugh. I've had a month to play with the software, and I'm really appreciating the features and ease of use. We don't use any of the customer-interfacing portion of the software, nor have we dabbled yet in the integrating of billing, but the core client/calendar management features have been SO great. I also really love the corporate culture of Acuity. Their on-screen prompts, quirky sense of humor, and human element (go read the bios of the employees), make me want to be part of their team. And their commitment to super-serve their clients made me feel like I was the most important client in the world, even though I was just one tiny little trial client checking them out. Finally, no matter how much I liked the product or the company, it would have been a dead-end if I couldn't ensure HIPAA compliance for our data protection and client confidentiality. Great features, robust security, and amazing support - all I need now are flowers and chocolate!

Cons:

Well, apart from the fact that the one required feature I need (HIPAA compliant security) is only available at the highest paid level (regardless of what other features you may need), there's only one software challenge I've encountered. The daily calendar - where I can see one or all of the individual or shared calendars, is very useful - I can easily see open appointments as white space, so "at a glance" I can see what is available in an individual's calendar. The WEEKLY view, however, condenses the days' calendars, so it only shows the currently filled appointments and removing white space, making it difficult to visualize open appointments across multiple providers' calendars at one time. I have partially overcome this by creating color coded appointments for each provider (even though it's the same service), so that i can at least see quickly the volume of appointments by color. But the weekly calendar really only works effectively for me when looking at one provider's calendar at a time. There may be a way to customize the weekly view that I have not yet discovered, or a way to color-code the calendars rather than the appointments, worth an email to Shane in customer support, but regardless, not a deal breaker for me!

Kip
Kip
Mental Health Care, 2–10 Employees
Used the Software for: Not provided

Love It - Great Customization - Solid Functionality

Comments: I was so excited about getting a scheduling system for my private practice. My excitement soon turned to disgust and amazement when I trialed service after service and most were vitally flawed. They either didn't have customization options (which was VERY important to me) or they simply didn't work. Either way, they reflected poorly on my business and I was truly amazed at how difficult it was to find one that did what I wanted it to. I found it with Acuity though. I am so happy and relieved to have the confidence that it's working properly and to have the customization options to make it integrate and flow with the rest of my business

Pros:

Besides the obvious, most important piece: it actually works (others did not), here are some other key pros. So much customization. I'm astounded at how much you can modify the client's scheduling page. There's the root code and table(s) to actually get the job done but, on top of that, you can customize everything around it: the wording, the look, the buttons, the colors, the options, etc. The wording was especially important to me. I prefer that the scheduling system gives off a feel that is congruent with the rest of the business. Clients have the option of creating an account/password if they want to manage all of their appointments. Everything syncs immediately with my personal google calendar. You create your blanket availability but then you can also manually block out times. You can 'pad' before and after appointments to make sure you're doing all you need to. You don't have to, but you can create different appointment types with different settings. You can also create a 'class' / 'group' and allow clients to reserve spots. The other crucial part for me was the client-emails. Some of the systems provided little to no customization. They were basically going to talk to your clients however they felt like. You can customize all of it with Acuity. You can word the emails the way you want to. Clients get confirmations when you schedule something, cancel something, etc. You can choose to get a copy of the emails that are sent to clients so that you know exactly how it looks. You can even add a custom note (in addition to the original custom email) so that it's two-fold customized to that particular client for that particular situation. In case I haven't been clear: it's the customization that is so crucial to me. :) All this in mind, it's actually cheaper than many of the other systems. And I want to emphasize one more time: not only is the customization crucial, but other systems flat out didn't work. The actual coding seems so solid here.

Cons:

This isn't a con - it's just an unknown. It's a new practice and I'm the only staff. Once there are other service providers, I don't know how well Acuity will flow with that. Considering the solid coding that they seem to have, I'm guessing it will work very well (with a lot of customization! haha) but I thought it's fair to mention that I'm not aware of how well the system works with multiple staff members. One other tiny piece of con: how the actual system looks from the inside (on our end). It's not aesthetically joyous but I didn't buy Acuity as a piece of art that I can gaze into with a glass of wine. So I don't care that much. It works. And it lets me customize it so it integrates with my business and provide consistency and function for my clients. I love it and am relieved to have it.