• Overall

About MultiFlex RMS

An easy-to-use Retail Management Solution that operates effectively as a standalone or multi-store, multi-lane network.

Learn more about MultiFlex RMS

Product Rating

Product Rating

Countries available

Countries available

Usage

Sort by

Have you used MultiFlex RMS before?

Mario R.
CEO/General Manager in Chile
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11-50 Employees

Managing my stores with the right Retail Management System (RMS)

5 3 years ago

Comments: " When I open my first store for Cosmetics and Beauty tools I had no idea of the retail business. Coming from the financial world, I felt overwhelmed with so many little products that I needed to handle, so many varieties and colors, that I thought "I will never get control over what I am doing here". I tried many softwares, with a huge amount of time invested but couldn't get control of cash flow, tender types and most important of all,…over the stock. When I contacted MHSystems, they listen to me and asked critical questions of my business….exactly the ones I needed to be in control of,…and they were not only ables to understand my business but also suggest me the right retail software to handle my specific type of business…Until then I didn't know that there were specific softwares depending on the type of retail you are in. Furthermore, they gave me several papers and documents to read and study which illustrated me on how to use the right software they were offering me and how to make adequate control of the key variables of my business . It was not until I started following the "good practices" and follow the "know how" that MHSystems has on the retail industry by using their software when I begun to take control of my business. Coming from the financial world I know that stock and money are the most important things to take care of and the RMS has all the necessary controls and management tools to ensure these aspects are being permanently monitored and controlled. Furthermore, RMS has helped me to grow my company in several store every year because it just has what it takes to help you manage small to middle size companies on the tips of your finger. Of course you must be constantly studying and learning all the features this software has in order to produce more with less effort and time, but once you learn the logics on which the software is based then is like you are given 25 years experience from MHSystems right into your brain.,..you can't fail in your business if you work with these tools by your side."

Pros:

1.- Scalable solution when your business begin to grow. I begin with one (1) single store, I have 10 Stores now and growing…Even a Franchise version allows to expand even more your business if you want. 2.- Total POS control, flexible promotions set up. 3.- Easy functionalities for Staff, complete set of features and reporting for Managers and owners. 4.- Accurate stock management. Bin location, Expiration dates, samples, damages, Serial Nos., etc. 5.- Powerful and accurate solution (specially for those with financial and business background).

Cons:

Basic features are easy. BUT Not that that easy to learn all the middle to high features,… if you are planning to get the most of it you will need to invest time in order to learn and understand.

Angela R.
Apparel & Fashion, 2-10 Employees

Stable, Functional, Outstanding POS System

5 3 years ago

Comments: Our Seattle-based small business purchased the Retail Management Software (RMS) for Fashion from Microhouse Systems in 2010, about 8 years ago and we have been using it successfully ever since. This is a very straightforward, Windows based system that meets all our needs ranging from a 100% accurate & easy POS to ring up sales and Customer Relationship Management...to...an outstanding Inventory management system to order, receive, price and tag our goods for sale (apparel, accessories, shoes, gifts, consignment jewelry) and more. There is a somewhat steep learning curve at first, as it has so many functions. I have found the POS easy to train new sales associates, and likewise my store managers can delve in deeper into the software to utilize more functions with ease (does take some practice and learning though) Each year, the Microhouse team performs automatic upgrades and adds more and more useful (sometimes eye opening) reports to help me better understand my business. The phone-based customer service from Microhouse is outstanding, though our staff does have to pay attention to the time difference as we are in the US and they are in Canada. One major feature of this POS is its stability. Our RMS-POS system has never malfunctioned, there's been ZERO downtime, and it has never been hacked or infected by a virus. (Note: we run this system on two older model Windows' PC's along with Kaspersky Total Security, connected to the Internet) .

Pros:

The way in which the Customers, Inventory and Sales are all interlinked, and the personalized customer service and support you will receive.

Cons:

The basic function of ringing up customers is easy and straight forward, but I can be difficult to train new employees on all the intricacies beneath the basics.

Erin P.

Knowledge is Power

Pros:

In todays retail market place there is no way to compete unless you have knowledge to adapt to the changes that are happening more rapidly than ever. MultiFlex RMS gives you the data from all aspects of your business. Inventory and Staff. Buying Plans and Sell through movment reports are fantastic. Multi store ordering is a breeze. The software is flexible enough o adapt to your own business model but gives you almost unlimited reporting tools to make key timely decisions. As with any software this powerful there is a learning curve and the support team at MultiFlex RMS is always there to assist. There is a personal touch to the support that I have never experienced elsewhere. All said this is software is fantastic and I cannot imagine running a business without it.

Cons:

Learning Curve with any detailed software is a mildly steep. All intricate software that does a lot takes a time investment to understand.

Alejandro Z.
Director of Operations in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 51-200 Employees

Easy to use at Point of Sale.

4 4 years ago

Comments: Overall easy to use system and very user friendly functionalities.

Pros:

Setup was easy and inexpensive. Pretty robust inventory and purchasing features. Many helpful reports. Constantly upgrading features.

Cons:

Wish support hours were spread wider. Discount features a little complex. Limited CC terminals to be used. (although new upgrade should fix it)

Nicole S.

Excellent customer service

5 3 years ago

Comments: Extreme amount of reports that the POS can produce to efficiently run my business.

Pros:

User friendly and easy to train new staff on this software. It has extensive amount of options to run business reports from the POS

Cons:

There is nothing at this point that I can say that I do not like. I have used the system for 5 years and would highly recommend it.

Tyler B.
owner in Canada
Consumer Goods, 11-50 Employees

first review

4 3 years ago

Comments: Our experience to date has been positive

Pros:

It is extremely user friendly, easy to train new staff to use. Great inventory control.

Cons:

As we have three store locations....it would be great to be able to check on the inventory of all three stores.....as well as the sales reports of all three locations.

Gary T.
President in Canada
Apparel & Fashion, 2-10 Employees

Great Customer Support

5 4 years ago

Pros:

Accurate reporting, ease of usage and great customer support make this an excellent business tool for a small business.

Kristy M.
Owner in US

It's not very user friendly and the reports selection is very slim

2 3 years ago

Comments: i'm able to ring people out and create purchase orders from this software which are the most basic pieces of running my business

Pros:

the price - this was one of the cheaper software options out there. i was on a strict budget at the time of purchase

Cons:

it's not user friendly. some fields you have to double click, some require a single click. and the selection of reports is not very prolific.

Ben W.
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 Employees

Horrible Customer Service, I wish I never paid to use this software. HUGE MISTAKE!!!

1 3 years ago

Pros:

The Cost, is the only reason why I decided to use this software, It's pretty simply to use, that's about it.

Cons:

Once I told them I was switching processors, they refused to call me back or speak with my new processor to switch over anything. They kept telling my processor they had to reprogram my devices, when I know the Software company should be the ones handling that! My Account Rep and she is very rude to me and my new processor. I don't understand how you can have someone like this represent your company. I understand there is a bit of a language barrier, but I can't believe how she speaks to me and my processor's support team. I will certainly look to go with a new software very very soon!!! If you are looking for a new software and reading this BEWARE!!! THEY ARE A HORRIBLE COMPANY!!! I highly regret ever working with them!!!

Susan N.
Relationship Manager in
Retail, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Integration with Heartland Payment Systems

5 5 years ago

Pros:

I work for Heartland, and recently integrated one of MultiFlex RMS's customer's over to process with us. My tech contact, the rep was a joy to work with, was attentive and made the change over so easy! I wish every POS company was this easy to work with. I am looking forward to working with this company in the future.

Cons:

I do not have any negative comments about the product or about the company. We had to tweak a couple of settings, but again, they made it easy to address and to fix.

Moe M.

It's working

4 7 years ago

Pros:

It tracks inventory great and has the best reporting. This is by far the best POS on the market for apparel.

Cons:

There is not enough simplicity. I feel like there are ways to make the POS simpler with less clicks.

Rav D.
Rav D.
Owner & Manager in Canada
Alternative Medicine, 2-10 Employees

Easy to use

5 3 years ago

Comments: Running reports, tracking customer retention.

Pros:

I like that it is simple to learn and teach. I also find the ability to pull all types of sales reports to be very helpful in keeping inventory up to date.

Cons:

I find it slow when trying to retrieve customer purchase history, on the other hand it could just be my computer but I don't think so as everything else works fine.

David C.
Managing Director in Australia

POS is Easy

4 3 years ago

Comments: Overall I find it great software for my business and full fills my needs adequately.

Pros:

This software makes the POS and Customer experience easy and effortless, the ease of customer detail gathering for both loyalty and future marketing is a breeze. Go to the back office and data entry is also uncomplicated and time efficient. Standard reports are great for my use but I am sure that there are more I could create in the customise report function

Cons:

There area few additional reports that could be standard in the back office function and in the last update that we have the account payment function is complex which it does not need to be and wasn't previously.

Ben S.
President /CEO in Canada

Good for general reports

3 3 years ago

Pros:

Very cost effective and a great generic system that keeps track of inventory and daily sales reports at a great level Keeps track of customer history as well as information Takes care of commission reports nicely As long as you do not want tobe to detailed this system is for you .

Cons:

Reports are not that detailed and not easy to navigate for me Cannot split sales between salespeople Don t like the fact that I have to know my supplier code as opposed to just list supplier name ...we have lots of suppliers I find that when I use inventory on hand cost ..the number differs between reports very frustrating

Janice P.
owner in Canada

generally overall good experience

4 3 years ago

Comments: control over my inventory, easy to use , easy to train employees on cash, easy to use loyalty points program to set up and to use.

Pros:

easy to use, inventory system good, there are many different reports to choose from to get you exactly the information you need.

Cons:

when microsoft does automatic updates it affects the system and then you have to call it to fix it, which is generally easy but sometimes my employees have to do it and it's a pain.

Daniel R.
President in US

A very nice program for the cost. Could be better and more user friendly, but good for the price.

3 3 years ago

Comments: Good reporting

Pros:

Great wealth of reporting options for buying, merchandising and point of sale. Performance reporting nice and informative.

Cons:

Would like to be able to customize reporting, and some tasks could be simpler. Some of the reports leave out some info I'd like to have included, and there is duplication of essentially the same reports.

Paul B.
President in Canada
Retail, 2-10 Employees

Easy to use all in one program, reports generated are very good

4 3 years ago

Pros:

Ease of use /interface Good customer information. Easy to navigate , easy to make purchase orders and track sales

Cons:

I would like to be able to email over 1000 customers. Some times the ability to find customer credit notes etc. Not easy

Paul M.
Manager in Canada

MultiFlexRMS Review

5 3 years ago

Comments: Great people to work with. Very fast customer service.

Pros:

It’s easy to use. Nice easy to read reporting.

Cons:

It can hold onto a lot of memory for the server and needs computer restart sometimes

Kristie C.
owner/operator in Canada

review of rms

4 3 years ago

Comments: the customer service with RMS is absolutely amazing

Pros:

Its easy to use, functional and accurate

Cons:

slow sometimes but that could just be my computer LOL

Kevin M.
Owner in

Very Supportive Staff

4 8 years ago

Comments: I would highly recommend Multiflex. We are very happy with the system. With any software change, there are going to be growing pains. Mulitflex was very supportive throughout every step of the transition, as well as on a daily basis once the implementation was complete. The software is very easy for the end user. Within minutes, our staff could run basic transactions through the till. It didn't take long to be quite comfortable with the entire system. Again, the support staff was very helpful with any questions we encountered. We have two locations and we have never had any issues with polling (synchronizing). Also, having the software backed up at each location gives us a great deal of comfort. There are lots of reports at hand. We found a few we look at regularly and several that are just used periodically or not at all for our business. I believe they are working on an app for iOS users that we are very excited to see. They are constantly improving the system and will take any comments or suggestions very seriously and possibly implement them. I have dealt with other software companies that were not willing to listen to suggestions.

David K.
Retail, 2-10 Employees

Hard to use, need to train staff at least 1 hour, slow and not for small retailers

1 4 years ago

Pros:

Cloud base, Matrix for clothing, at a glace the reporting seemed good but when you acutely use it was a big learning curve.

Cons:

It was slow for items to pull up inventory to ring up a customer. Doing special orders for items that are not in the system was clumsy . If you do not have a part number for the item you have to find a work around. The credit card processing using the EMV was lousy. If customer inserts card before they press ok the system would not work and you need to tell customer to pull card out and sales person would have to restart the sales screen. A whole host of other issues. Hopefully when they upgrade to a newer system it would be better but this one is by far hard to use. My staff was complaining all the time and we lost two large sales.

Angela R.
Owner in

3 Reasons We Chose MultiFlex

5 8 years ago

Comments: After looking at a few programs, we chose MultiFlex RMS for three reasons: 1) it offers one of the cleanest, easiest to use and accurate means to ring up customers; 2) the best and most accurate means to track inventory; 3) personalized service and reliable (friendly) support from their people. It's been 2 years and we are still delighted with our POS from Microhouse.

Drew O.

Positive POS

5 7 years ago

Pros:

It's very user-friendly and easy to understand. We haven't had any issues yet.

Cons:

When initially starting, sometimes the program has issues opening.

Gauden E.
Used the Software for: Not provided

Excellent and really easy to use.

4 7 years ago

Pros:

It's easy to use and it's simple.

Cons:

I can't say anything bad about it. It's reliable software beside the fact that it is sometimes hard to open up.

Lyndsay B.
Lyndsay B.
Owner in Canada

Good system with lots of tools and functions.

4 3 years ago

Pros:

RMS is great for customer relationships. I can easily see my list of clients, their purchase history, sizing, contact info, and any notes I make on their file. The functionality is good, with lots or reporting tools to better manage my business. Previously we operated with a cash register which didn't record anything, and kept tags as our tracking. With RMS, we can easily pull up sales figures from any given period, our top selling and slow moving styles, floor restocking, and much more. And counting inventory has gone from a two day ordeal to just a couple of hours. This system has definitely improved my business. Multiflex was also the only company I was working with who offered a payment plan, which made a huge impact as a small business.

Cons:

The only down sides I have experienced in the last two years of using RMS is if there is a system update to my computer, sometimes it will interfere with the RMS system and I need to contact customer service to get the system operating again. But I would imagine this is an issue any software would have.