MultiFlex RMS Reviews

by Microhouse Systems

• Overall
    4.1 /5

About MultiFlex RMS

An easy-to-use Retail Management Solution that operates effectively as a standalone or multi-store, multi-lane network.

Learn more about MultiFlex RMS

Chris C.
  • Reviewed on 27/06/2018

"SoSO.... you get what you pay for...."

Pros: Somewhat easy for daily use for the staff, for management, much MORE work :( Reports are many, but also means confusing at times

Cons: Customer support is confusing to get a hold of, I also have a 3 hour time difference, so my answers are usually 2-3 days later. Floor restocking report has a 1 minute "bug" where there's a blindspot and may affect you. They don't sound interested / willing to integrate their system w/ other credit card machine companies (they support only 2 services!) For some odd reason, I keep finding bugs in their system, and their latest update makes NO SENSE, why do I need to hit ANOTHER button to get the mix+match to kick in, before the update - it was automatic - do you see your grocery store checkout have a mix and match button? IT's AUTOMATIC! Every single one of my concerns that I've had in the past 2 years have gone unanswered and ignored - running a retail store is hard enough, and trying to get the backend support from these guy - it's like pulling teeth at times. I've been with them over 2 years - I've 2 different Tech support individuals (assigned) now, they got some turnover going on over there!

Hal S.
  • Reviewed on 28/01/2019

"Too big for a small business."

Comments: To be honest, if I was starting again with a p.o.s. inventory data program it would not be RMS. I shoud have looked for a smaller system. I remember a system called "Shop Keeper" that similar size business to mine worked well with. I have thought many times that the manual, paper and pencil system we used prior to RMS would be less stressful.

Pros: Gave us an extensive inventory data base. The till module works well for staff checking out customers. A few reports give very valuable information. For a large enterprise with the staff that understand information technology it looks like a powerful system.

Cons: Way too complex for a small business. Some reports do not match other reports that should agree. Too many reports, most of which we have no use for. At first customer service seemed a bit impatient with us. on one occasion my staff member needed help when I was away, the person she talked to was very impatient with her. She no longer felt confident to call for help if needed. That has improved.

• Reviewed on 28/01/2019
Lindsey H.
Arts & Crafts, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/05/2017

"Lied to by sales people about functionalities, treated horribly by support staff when issues arose."

Comments: It does provide the basic inventory management functions we expected.

Pros: It wasn't super expensive and performs its basic functions effectively once the extremely tedious setup process is complete.

Cons: It doesn't integrate with QuickBooks online, it doesn't integrate with e-Commerce, it doesn't adapt easily to my purposes... all of these things I was told in the sales process that it would do. Training is essentially non-existent and there is no documentation to refer to later. All we had was a one hour session where our trainer took control of our system remotely and used his function keys to speed through setup steps (we couldn't even tell what he was doing because he didn't articulate it and didn't use the mouse) and wouldn't allow us to ask questions. They charge a bunch of money each year to install any updates and continue to give you access to their support, but none of that was explained or described by our sales person and was not in our contract. When I found a glitch in the system that was causing us peoblems at POS, the support manager was extremely rude and condescending to me, going so far as to ask how old I was because he felt I might lack the "experience" (his words) required to be able to find and resolve such an issue. I only wish we had the money to buy a real POS system with real support staff. The last time I tried to post a negative review I was bullied into having it removed by RMS management - that won't happen again.

• Reviewed on 06/05/2017
Jorge P.
  • Reviewed on 16/01/2018

"Super software for my stores and warehouse"

Comments: My business is in Puerto Rico. My data is in their servers in Canada. Lucky me because when the Hurricane hit PR on Sept 19 2017, 4 days later we were back running our business with no power, no internet and the POS system was flawless. This is the first time I rented a POS Solution and I am glad I chose Micro House.

Pros: POS is excellent even when my internet is down. I make Transfers to my stores from my warehouse and is very simple to use. Its just a matter of setting up all the all the upc codes. The PO are easy to do in quick order module. It will create a PO to your supplier and email directly to your supplier. All reports are perfect. The Customer service is perfect ***** stars. They will never let you fail using the system.

Cons: I rented the system in Feb 2017. It is a powerful system and I read the guides but even when I applied what I read, I called customer service and learned some more with the training they offer so it was a back and forth communication but they are very helpful. But it has its challenges that I overcame about 3 to 4 months with the system. There are no other bad issues to report.

• Reviewed on 16/01/2018
Paulina I.
sales manager
Retail, 11-50 Employees

"MULTIFLEX"

Comments: Was good in the beginning.. but with no customer support it has changed. The main supports have left and the lady that handles accouting does it. Hard to understand. Not helpful finding solutions to problems.

Pros: Easy to use.
Easy to train others on system

Cons: -customer support weak
-glitches with email marketing - does not work
-reports not always working properly
-inactive client- will print 2 receipts and omit the one receipt in the totals
-very glitchy
-slow system when running reports and doing multiple things

Leslie C.
owner operator
  • Reviewed on 26/06/2018

"Have used for years and find it excellent. Easy to use. Wish there was a training mode."

Comments: Allows for customer history. Easy to check inventory. Easy to order inventory. Reports help with selection of products based on sales.

Pros: Ease of use, functions, customer history, ability to customize. It could be modified for many types of business".

Cons: No training mode. When selecting the customer from the system using phone number, name or other, if you check the customers history, before hitting select customer, when you try to then select customer you have to start the selection again.

Bartolomeo (bert) D.
OWNER
  • Reviewed on 17/09/2018

"Ease of MultiflexRms"

Comments: Overall it has been Great and so easy to teach anyone how to use it.

Pros: Feom Day One Multiflex was so easy to use. Minimal training needed and you will be using it like a seasoned professional. No task is daunting.

Cons: The functionality with payment pricessors seems so easy but when a return error happens it is the only feature that can cause a small problem to rectify.

• Reviewed on 17/09/2018
Tad D.
2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/02/2019

"Best bang for the buck!"

Pros: Very comprehensive. This POS has allowed us to do everything from daily sales, inventory, as well as, invoicing and accounts receivable.

Cons: The scope of offerings provides a large platform for customer service representatives to have all knowledge necessary to help with issues however the designer can and will help you when needed.

• Reviewed on 13/02/2019
Tal A.
Asst manager

"Not very efficient"

Pros: It is very easy to make a sale and refund. Also to collect customer info is also very good. The process is easy to use and train.

Cons: The inventory is always a mess. Not very efficient. It does not allow u to delete products that are no longer in use. Inventory gets duplicated very easily.

Moe M.
  • Reviewed on 17/04/2018

"Good Pos"

Pros: The pros is it has great reports and inventory management. Purchase orders works great. Customizable user right is also very helpful.

Cons: Not fully cloud based. The look of the pos is extremely outdated it needs a new look. Customer support is not 24 hours.

• Reviewed on 17/04/2018
Melissa P.
  • Reviewed on 26/06/2018

"I find the system very easy to use and have had amazing customer support"

Pros: I like the simplicity of it and that it's very easy for new staff to learn on it. The reports are very detailed and helpful I like that I can do inventory often and it uploads it so quickly easy to add new customers etc

Cons: I really have nothing to compare it to sometimes I find it can be slow now whether that's the software or the connection I don't know.

Jerry M.
Apparel & Fashion, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/01/2017

"Easy to use"

Comments: We started using this some time ago. I was attracted by the price and the ease of use. My sales associates had very little in the way of a learning curve. They all caught right on with little down time. We had previously been using Retail Pro so this was a very easy switch. The setup was quite easy.

Pros: The thing I like the best is the ease of use. The screens are easy to read and the touch screen feature is great. The company is easy to deal with and personable.

Cons: There's little flexibility in the software. The reports are a bit hard to relate to, but the information is all there is some form or another. I don't like having to use Java to access the software. It creates some problems for us occasionally.

• Reviewed on 16/01/2017
Dean G.

"Mutliflex"

Comments: overall experience is good, with them for 8 years now

Pros: How easy to key in products and suppliers

Cons: Reports is not on my happy list and needs to upgraded to match other pos systems out there

Nicole F.
Store Manager
Retail, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/01/2019

"RMS Review"

Pros: Point of Sale is easy to understand and to train new employees on.

Cons: It has taken longer than we were initially quoted to sync our store with our website in various ways.

• Reviewed on 29/01/2019
Sarah P.
Apparel & Fashion
  • Reviewed on 26/03/2015

"Not the worst..."

Pros: It rang up sales. The reorder/sell through information and function worked very well.

Cons: Customer Support was fairly atrocious, we did not want a personal relationship with the IT support, nor did we want them to yell at us. Truly.

• Reviewed on 26/03/2015
Shaibaaz K.
Admin Accountant
Wholesale, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/06/2018

"This system is good. They keep it updating for more improvement."

Comments: We switch over from sage 50 to RMS which help us speeding our sales process using its POS system. Now we know monthly sales & purchases (Cost of sales) on one click.

Pros: Some features like volume pricing, Mix & match, Kit list option, Payroll report, sales report, Group/Individual rights setup, etc

Cons: It should be mobile friendly so that you can connect RMS on phones ask customers to do shopping online.

Kaveh S.
Operations manager
  • Reviewed on 27/06/2018

"Easy to use and great customer service"

Pros: It is very easy to understand and work with. When ever we have any issue RMS staff is easy to reach and helpful.

Cons: Our system is slow because we are using the cloud based version and since we have such a large inventory we are recommended to move to localize server version.

Janelle D.
  • Reviewed on 20/03/2013

Comments: I have a retail clothing store for men, women and kids selling brand name clothing. For the first 5 years of business, I used Quickbooks for my accounting and sales receipt functions along with keeping track of my inventory. I recently maxed out on the number of inventory items that Quickbooks Pro allows (14,500) and was forced to shop around for another system. I found MultiFlex to fit my requirements well, along with being able to download my accounting information to Quickbooks so that I could maintain the financial statements that I had grown to love about Quickbooks. The Multiflex RMS system provided me with a much quicker sales receipt process than what QB offered along with a scanner capability and small receipt for my customer. Along with these great features, MultiFlex offers a great variety of inventory and sales reporting features that were not offered in QB. I have been using the MultiFlex system for 4 months now and have adpted quite easily along with my staff.

• Reviewed on 20/03/2013
Ali K.
Apparel & Fashion
  • Reviewed on 09/07/2014

"Fully supported transition to a new system"

Pros: I like the simple functionality of MultiFlex RMS. It meets our needs as a retail location selling a wide variety of merchandise ranging from clothing to home décor. The customer service team has been supportive in every step of the transition.

Cons: I haven't found much to complain about. It would be nice if there was an option to "memorize" reports we find particularly useful so we don't have to recreate them each time we want to run the report.

• Reviewed on 09/07/2014
Angela R.
  • Reviewed on 31/07/2013

Comments: UPDATE! We are improving our rating for Multiflex POS to 5 stars on Functionality and Product Quality because Microhouse just updated our computers (while we slept :-); this new version builds on their already solid POS, but with new, easy to navigate added features that we love, especially the reports!!! The updated user interface is clean and eye-friendly, too. After 3 years of using this POS software for our two fashion retail boutiques, we continue to be impressed. A great investment for our small business.

• Reviewed on 31/07/2013
Kathy J.
Operations Manager
  • Reviewed on 09/01/2014

"Impressed - Ease, Functionality, Service support"

Comments: This is the first implementation of a POS system for my company. I was very pleased with the time and patience I was given during our product research project. After deciding to purchase Multiflex RMS Fashion, we have been pleased with the training and support that has been provided as well as the ease of use and functionality of the program. The support staff is readily available and very knowledgeable. They never make us feel like we're asking a dumb question!

• Reviewed on 09/01/2014
Narry P.
Retail
  • Reviewed on 24/12/2014

"It is a good product that is well made"

Pros: It keeps good track of inventory and has a good matrix system.

Cons: They have poor response on issues and/or modifications, and if you have a retail A/R, the program is not too good and could use some improvement.

• Reviewed on 24/12/2014
Angela R.
  • Reviewed on 24/04/2013

Comments: After looking at a few programs, we chose MultiFlex RMS for three reasons: 1) it offers one of the cleanest, easiest to use and accurate means to ring up customers; 2) the best and most accurate means to track inventory; 3) personalized service and reliable (friendly) support from their people. It’s been 2 years and we are still delighted with our POS from Microhouse.

• Reviewed on 24/04/2013
Rick F.
OWNER
  • Reviewed on 03/09/2015

"Overall i am very happy with the software"

Comments: I have been running manually trying to build a history. I wish the software manager had a way to plug in the min max values based on performance.
Other than that it works well and does exactly what i need it to do
Having a link to texting sale information may be a next option for the future

• Reviewed on 03/09/2015
Lyndsay B.
  • Reviewed on 26/06/2018

"Good system with lots of tools and functions."

Pros: RMS is great for customer relationships. I can easily see my list of clients, their purchase history, sizing, contact info, and any notes I make on their file. The functionality is good, with lots or reporting tools to better manage my business. Previously we operated with a cash register which didn't record anything, and kept tags as our tracking. With RMS, we can easily pull up sales figures from any given period, our top selling and slow moving styles, floor restocking, and much more. And counting inventory has gone from a two day ordeal to just a couple of hours. This system has definitely improved my business. Multiflex was also the only company I was working with who offered a payment plan, which made a huge impact as a small business.

Cons: The only down sides I have experienced in the last two years of using RMS is if there is a system update to my computer, sometimes it will interfere with the RMS system and I need to contact customer service to get the system operating again. But I would imagine this is an issue any software would have.