15 years helping British businesses

About Poll Everywhere

Poll Everywhere transforms presentations into two-way conversations. Seamlessly engage audiences through live online polling, surveys,

Learn more about Poll Everywhere

Pros:

The free limit on responses is exactly what I need for a community college classroom setting, so I don't have to purchase anything to use this product.

Poll Everywhere ratings

4.5
4.5
4.4
4.7

8.6/10

Poll Everywhere has an overall rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars based on 92 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Poll Everywhere before?

Chandrakeerthan
Chandrakeerthan
student in India
Higher Education, 201–500 Employees

Great Survey builder and also for polls

Comments: I have had a great overall experience using poll anywhere, and I use it to build effective polls. Several users create polls and surveys using the poll everywhere.

Pros:

My favourite aspect of Poll everywhere is that it can be used to design effective polls. The user interface is quite straightforward, easy to use, and beginner friendly. It makes the process of making polls seamless. Other applications can be integrated with it.

Cons:

As poll Perfect is the most popular of the others, I can't think of any drawbacks.

Michelle
Assistant Professor in US
Higher Education, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Great product

Comments: Overall a great experience, I have been using this software for about 2 years now and I continue to use it. The students love it as well as it helps them to assess their learning within the class.

Pros:

Is of use and that it can be used with mobile devices. Easy to update poll questions.

Cons:

The polls deactivate after a while so each time the class is run I have to go in and activate the polls I am going to use that semester. Maybe this is because I am using the free version of the software.

ERICA
Agent in Philippines
Outsourcing/Offshoring, 501–1,000 Employees

Poll review

5.0 last month New

Comments: Everything was really great to be honest it is very useful to everybody.

Pros:

It has a sense of urgency and you will be able to come up with the result on the time that you wanted. It was considered a nice tool for making a big group decision distantly it will allow every participant to share their sides through voting.

Cons:

Like least about the poll is that it cannot send information to everybody that they need to mandatorily cooperate to come up with an accurate result during the collecting of votes or responses.

Hospital & Health Care

Great for polling large audiences, but lacks an intuitive design.

Pros:

The price is the biggest pro in our mind. The software package is inexpensive to begin with, and they allow for organization-wide use under one account, so everyone can have their own username profile. Beyond the price, the ability to allow respondents to text in their poll choices is really fantastic. Users don't need anything other than a web-enabled device or cell phone to take part in the polls. This makes it very easy to get responses from an audience that may be a mix of novice and experienced tech users. The types of questions you can choose from (multiple choice, free text, etc.) is pretty standard, but the way you can view the responses is really impressive. For example, you can make real-time word clouds from the audiences responses (and, yes, you can filter our swear words!).

Cons:

We've found that the program itself lacks quite a bit of intuitive design (you really have to hunt around for the features to edit your polls) and the functionality is quite limited.

Jenie
Owner and consultant in US
Education Management, Self Employed

Great interactive tool

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: Positive experience using Poll Everywhere.

Pros:

I have been using Poll everywhere for a few years now and really enjoy it. It costs me nothing and it enhances my presentations.

Cons:

Wish it looked a little nicer but that is not a deterrent.

Janna
Coordinator of Business Programs in US
Higher Education, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Easy to create & implement, not as easy for users

Comments: It was a great free option for small meeting engagment, but not optimal for large groups and not super easy for participants to join.

Pros:

The competition feature of the live poll and the multiple options for participant responses.

Cons:

The difficulty participants have getting into the poll & using the app. I often get confused people who take time to join. Also the fact that I cannot moderate competitions easily from my app, and that participants can't see leaderboard in between questions on their app.

Higher Education, 201–500 Employees

Flexible Polling Solution to Meet Most Needs

Comments: Our organization uses Poll Everywhere constantly. The heaviest users are faculty and students, where polls are conducted in courses throughout the semester. Our staff also uses it as a fun way to crowdsource ideas at department meetings.

Pros:

The solution is easy to use, offers many question types and is very accessible since anyone with an IP-enabled device and browser can participate in the polls.

Cons:

We'll occasionally struggle to frame a poll question into one of the available question types. It's not a huge issue - usually it just forces us to break the question up. Unfortunately, this can impact the reporting later on.

Sadie
Sadie
Assistant Director, MIS Career Management in US
Higher Education, 51–200 Employees

Poll Everywhere Review

Comments: I have utilized this software in my work life when doing presentations with college students. It was a great way to engage the audience and allowed for better presentations and engagement from students! We saw an increase in participation during our presentations after utilizing the software. I would recommend the software for anyone who wants an easy to use polling software!

Pros:

Poll Everywhere is great because it is so easy, quick, and efficient. It is a great technology for multiple purposes, such as classrooms, presentations, or events. It makes asking questions fun, engaging, and simple!

Cons:

There is nothing negative about this software. It is very easy to use that anyone can pick it up and implement it for their needs. The technology is simple but effective and the interface is very appealing!

Higher Education, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Good integration with PowerPoint and Google Sheets, but competitors have better design

Comments: It's made live polling of students within lectures quick and effective, and as a result has improved student engagement in our lectures.

Pros:

Very well integrated into PowerPoint and (to a slightly lesser extent) Google Sheets. It's easy to do live polling of your audience and there are multiple ways for users to vote (website with code, SMS, etc.) The interface is quick and reactive, but visually other competitors have a better interface (i.e. MentiMeter).

Cons:

Downloading and installing the PowerPoint & Google Sheets plugins (.exe files) was a bit tricky but it did work without admin privileges on my PC. Tweaking the poll and display settings was complicated and I had to read the manual to get support.

Jessica
Jessica
Undergraduate Student Researcher in US
Research, Self Employed

Great Learning Tool!

Pros:

- super easy to use - easy download and set up

Cons:

- the link names are long so hard to get set up the first time

Kalin
Kalin
Higher Education, Self Employed

Perfect for the Classroom

Comments: This software is perfect for the classroom setting. It allows for professor-student interaction even in large class settings. The application allows students to review polls that have been issued in the past as well, allowing for effective study of concepts that were tested in class. I would highly recommend sying this software to improve education.

Pros:

I am currently a medical student, and my professors have used this software in the classroom to check for understanding and quiz the class. This has been very effective at providing effective testing for students and also for helping professors gauge class understanding. I also appreciate that questions which have been asked to the class are stored within the software so that I can go back and review questions that have been asked before exams. This software helps students succeed and helps educators interact effectively with class members.

Cons:

I had very few issues with this software. The only complaint I have is that the Android application sometimes fails to update polls and I am forced to leave and rejoin the session in order to see polls being offered. I did not notice the same issue on iOS.

Joshua
Medical Student in US
Medical Practice, 10,000+ Employees

Excellent for polling large classrooms and crowds, but has a steep learning curve for user

Pros:

I love that this software can easily integrate anyone with a smartphone into a lecture or talk. It is remarkable that you can see live results of a quiz question, survey, or poll displayed in an embedded way in a powerpoint, and this definitely contributes to improved learning in a lecture setting.

Cons:

When I have gone to make poll everywhere slides myself, it took me quite a while to figure it out. The computer app is not good and it almost requires you to make all of your slides on the internet. Moreover, it was not immediately clear to me how to convert slides/polls from one type of question to another, and I continually had to start over with a new question type instead of easily toggling the question type on an already created question.

Helen
student in US
Pharmaceuticals, Self Employed

Poll Everywhere Review

Pros:

I like how this can be incorporated into class participation. It is an easy software that can really help with learning for the students. Also I like that there are different ways to take polls which is a nice feature about this software.

Cons:

It seems like our professors have a lot of technical difficulties with this software, so I am guessing it is not that easy to use.

Shelby
Law Student in US
Law Practice, 501–1,000 Employees

Great for Participation

Pros:

I love being able to gauge my audience's reaction in real-time and share this back with them in a minute.

Cons:

I don't have any complaints about this software.

Ramya
Research Fellow in US
Research, 51–200 Employees

Obtaining people's opinions

Comments: Professors in classrooms have used it to collect our opinions and to gauge our understanding of topics.

Pros:

Ability to integrate into PowerPoint presentations. Audience does not need accounts to sign-in, can open link and answer poll (anonymous). Various types of polls (single words, multiple choice, yes/no).

Cons:

Expensive for the features it provides. Customization can be improved.

Kendrik
Tech in US
Machinery, 10,000+ Employees

Makes meetings Engaging

Comments: Overall, we have loved it, and have no complaints about it. Its the only polling software we use.

Pros:

I really love how you can see results real time and helps make meetings much more engaging. The program also works very well with almost no lag time.

Cons:

My one complaint is the pricing. While they do offer a "Free" version if you have a lot of participants that not going to work for you. I think the pricing is a bit steep and think they could offer some better options.

Rob
Rob
Director of Communications and Engagement in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11–50 Employees

It works!

Pros:

We have used several times for conferences and events. It worked as expected and was pretty easy to use. Customer service, when needed, was very good.

Cons:

We have one or two poll questions that did not display but it is hard to say who's fault this was -- the operator of the system!

Sebastien
Lead Analyst Programmer in US
Hospital & Health Care, 10,000+ Employees

Great tool for large meetings

Comments: Very quick and easy to create and setup polling for a presentation of any size. People love the interactivity it brings to otherwise dull presentations.

Pros:

Easy to setup and use. User friendly for the admin as well as the participants. Voting is really easy from a computer or a mobile device.

Cons:

Would be nice to be able to configure more. Nicer graphics (looks quite a bit outdated), a little more flexibility on how to display results would be nice as well

shaivya
shaivya
Education Management, 501–1,000 Employees

Preferable for teachers.

Pros:

1. Easy to use, friendly and simple User Interface. 2. Preferable for teachers to set up quick quizzes and test in classes. 3. Appreciate the part that there is a variety of different formats for answers.

Cons:

1. Not much of the features are provided with the price of the app. 2. Also, being a student, I cannot afford the paid subscription every semester.

Natalie
Natalie
Admissions Coordinator in US
Higher Education, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Great add in for your presentation

Comments: I like the ease of setting up questions. I also like the ability to look at statistics afterwards. I ran into trouble the first time I used Poll anywhere though. I had it downloaded on my computer but the computer I used didn't have it. When I arrived to do my presentation, the hosts had the computer all set up and I had to E-mail the presentation to myself quickly. I got all the way into the presentation and then realized that the poll didn't work. The slides where there, but there was no interaction.

Pros:

I like the interactive ability this gives me when presenting. I am always looking for ways to get the audience more involved. The audience is already on their phones so why not use them to get into the presentation.

Cons:

Everytime I use a new computer, I have to download the program.

Courtney
Sales Associate in US
Retail, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Simple App

Pros:

It is a good app to get a simple opinion in a short amount of time.

Cons:

Very simple app, which could also mean boring layout.

Mohini
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

Poll Everywhere

Pros:

user's can submit live responses using their mobile or desktop devices easy to use and navigate validate responses with speed

Cons:

once you enter the responses for a quiz you cannot change it the questions are not available on the quiz multiple choice cannot be selected

CHRISTOPHER
Senior Lecturer in US

Good for Classrooms

Comments: This is a promising web application with direct applicability in the classroom.

Pros:

I use Polls Everywhere to quiz students on previous lessons. Classes can begin with three questions via Polls Everywhere to review what students know and how much they remember.

Cons:

Limited functionality unless paid membership, and my university has not yet created a contract for faculty. Increased applications specifically for learning environments would help.

Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11–50 Employees

Great for data collection

Pros:

Poll Everywhere is easy to use and eliminates the need for costly remotes/clickers. Users can access the polls and respond via smartphone. I have used Poll Everywhere as a student and also in a professional setting and have never had an issue with it. Results are instant and displayed in a chart which can be easily interpreted.

Cons:

For individuals who may not have access to a smart phone or prefer not to use personal electronics for this type of use, data collection may be skewed.

Sophie
Higher Education, 501–1,000 Employees

Basic polling app

Comments: My professor uses Poll Everywhere to gauge the effectiveness of her lectures. In this way, it offers a good versatile, interactive tool.

Pros:

Poll Everywhere is very simple, functional, and easy to use. It is fast and easy to log on and gain access to the right poll.

Cons:

The layout is dull and simplistic. It doesn't give you any feedback after completing a poll. It would benefit from some simple effects and a more interesting color pallette to engage users.