15 years helping British businesses

About RecDesk

RecDesk is cloud-based recreation software that radically simplifies the way recreation organizations manage their operations.

Learn more about RecDesk

Pros:

We now create a program in RecDesk which is automatically integrated online to our RecDesk website and gets scheduled into our facility - all at the same time.

Cons:

When creating programs, its frustrating to have to keep saving on every tab and also every individual date that it added.

RecDesk ratings

4.6
4.8
4.3
4.7

9.1/10

RecDesk has an overall rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars based on 92 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used RecDesk before?

Joseph
Joseph
Parks and Recreation Director in US
Recreational Facilities & Services, Self Employed

Best Recreation Management Software I have ever used.

Comments: The customer service has been great and the software has been the most important part of sustaining growth in our Town programs.

Pros:

I use the Point of Sale module for a park that has beach access and a snack shack. With using this feature we have tripled revenues over the last three years. It helps with inventory control in the snack shack, collecting daily admissions, and invoicing our cabin rentals. The program registration module also is very user-friendly and has put 99% of my registrations on the customer side which relieves me of a lot of administrative time.

Cons:

I wish the user side had more customizable features to have a unique website layout. It is still a clean layout.

2 years ago

Thank you Joseph for your review! Please reach out to your CSM to review your website layout.

Becca
Deputy Recreation Director in US

Recdesk Review

Comments: I have had an abundantly positive experience with Rec Desk. The system is easy to learn, and we are given all the right resources to make the process happen. My positive experience is especially attributed to the team of people who make it all happen! I have always had a contact that was reachable by the send of an email or the schedule of a meeting. I have not once felt like I was left to fend for myself, even when it came to fixing the most minor technical errors. Knowing I can rely on the Rec Desk team to assist me in my programming efforts has really impacted my experience in a positive way!

Pros:

I love the ease of organization and communication. Prior to Rec Desk I spent lots of time digging for information through rosters and spread sheets. Rec Desk keeps important information at an arm's reach and easy to organize or reorganize as needed!

Cons:

I do not like the how "as is" Rec Desk comes. I would hope for more customizable features. Such as changing information in rosters, giving the directors a choice on what can be made mandatory or non-mandatory, and a more flexible instructor's page. I would also like to see more options for displaying programs and events and their advertisements.

3 months ago

Hello Becca, We appreciate your feedback and are delighted to know you enjoy RecDesk. Your satisfaction is our top priority, and we look forward to serving you again soon. Please reach out to our customer support team for more assistance with your needs for customization.

Ben
Recreation Pastor in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 51–200 Employees

Going from good to great with RecDesk

Comments: Overall my experience has been positive, but with some letdown along the way. The product is good, but a few tweaks could be great!

Pros:

Here is what is right about RD *please note that my interaction with RecDesk is only from a league managment perspective. -The Dashboard. Specifically the registration and payment tab. Historically we've never been able to collect payment upon registration for our leagues, which leaves us to have to turn into collection agents. -Ordering uniforms. This year my assistant was able to order uniforms in 30 min as opposed to our old system which took days -I like how easy it is to mass communicate (more on this below) -I like the flex calendar and the ease of access to the facility schedule -I like being able to see who is overdue in payments

Cons:

Here is a few wrongs about RD -Not being able to upload a pdf or a premade practice/game schedule, or any important documents for that matter, for my coaches to see on "My Leagues". -Creating a practice/game schedule is extremely difficult. Having to go into each league individually and schedule each game is taxing. The user interface is difficult to understand for this process. Thus, we opted to create them outside of RD, and just import them as documents so that coaches could just access from their "My League" pages. When I learned that was not an option, I discovered just how difficult to create practice and game schedules. We abandoned this feature and just gave the coaches their stuff via email. To be fair, I / my training could be the issue. -The back of house user interface system is difficult to process visually. All of the main tabs and their subsequent tabs, plus the quick actions tabs on the right creates paralysis by analysis (this is subjective however) -I don't like how I cant send out one mass email / sms to all our leagues. I have to go into each individual league (like i said, it could be on my end) -Not a fan of how I can upload pictures of each coach on their profile or my personal profile for that matter -Not a fan of how difficult the process is change the look and fell of each landing page

3 months ago

We appreciate your feedback and are delighted to know you enjoyed our software. Your satisfaction is our top priority, and we invite you to reach out to our customer support team for further assistance.

RECDESK IS NUMBER #1

Comments: Amazing. I have used 4 different Recreation Software's over my career and I always support RecDesk.
Other professionals ask between different companies and I say go with RecDesk every time!
Easy choice go with RecDesk you wont regret it!

Pros:

Customer Service: If I need anything at all or would like to change something I'm heard actions are taken quickly and always a friendly, helpful person on the other side of the phone/computer. How easy it is to use: On a customer and management basis, we don't call often into support because its so easy to use and updates happen and when they do we are notified and normally a video or explanation happens to learn the new features. Affordable cost for the product: It's affordable and covers all of our needs membership, credit cards processing, registrations, facility reservations, calendars, along with data for budget season and so much more.

Cons:

I have used 4 different Recreation Software's and I always support RecDesk no cons! Easy choice go with RecDesk you wont regret it!

3 months ago

John, Wow! We are blown away by your review. Thank you for choosing RecDesk.

Michaela
Program and Resource Development Assistant in Canada
Individual & Family Services, 11–50 Employees

Would never use anything else!

Comments: Overall, this has been a game changer for us and I am very pleased with the program. I really don't have anything negative to say as we love the program here. We also love that they are always evolving and updating things. Thank you!!

Pros:

- Programs management and how easy it is to create them. Love the feature of "create one just like this" - saves us so much time! - I personally LOVE flex forms and we utilize this for many different programs. I higly recommend that people use Flex Forms. - The dashboard is a great tool when you want to see any changes quickly that have happened recently. I like to use this after a program is posted or after sharing the registrations to see popular times people sign up and how many.

Cons:

- I wish we could also search by first name - It would also be nice to add photos for promotional purposes in the programs

Patty
Director in US
Facilities Services, 11–50 Employees

Rec Desk review

Comments: Overall, it is a great system for point of sale and keeping a database of people. I have at least 20 events running simultaneously, and it is easy easy to use for a older demographic.

Pros:

Anytime I need support. Someone answers me quickly.

Cons:

I wish I had more control over the administrative side of widgets

3 months ago

Hello Patty, Thank you for posting your positive review. At RecDesk, we value your time and always strive to provide fast and efficient service. We are so pleased to hear our service was provided in a timely manner. Reach out whenever you need us!

Cathy
Program and Resource Development Manager in Canada
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11–50 Employees

RecDesk for Community Centre and BGC Club

Comments: From the beginning using this new system was so much easier and user friendly than our old system.

Pros:

Ease of payment and registrations. Ease of reporting. Support is very fast and helpful.

Cons:

Wish more of our old data exported into RecDesk was able to be transitioned, like postal codes.

3 months ago

Hello Cathy, Thank you for choosing RecDesk. We’re glad to hear that you were satisfied with your ease of payment and registrations. Please share your suggestions for improved workflows with our Customer Success team.

Carrie
Executive Director in US

SPRC Loves Rec Desk!

Pros:

I love how easy it is to keep track of memberships, members and programs!

Cons:

I would like to have a discount option in the POS feature. It would also be nice to be able to pick and choose staff permissions (a la carte style)

3 months ago

Hello Carrie, Thank you for your positive review. We appreciate your kind words. Our support team can help you with POS discounts, please contact them for further review.

pioneer
lifestyle advisor in US
Events Services, 51–200 Employees

Rec desk easy to use

Comments: Very user friendly for an older demographic, the reports for G/l are so easy to use. Payment reconciliation very easy.

Pros:

It is very user friendly for an older demographic

Cons:

time consuming entering information for programs

3 months ago

Hello, Thank you for the kind feedback. RecDesk is easy to use software for all ages. Please reach out to your Customer Success Manager for assistance with ways to simplify entering information and copying programs. Best regards!

Pam
Pam
Parks and Recreation Director in US
Recreational Facilities & Services, 11–50 Employees

Moving to RecDesk immediately improved customer usage.

Comments: Very good. Our customer satisfaction and retention is much higher. We're able to collect back-end data that helps to formulate our marketing tasks. Control for registration openings/closings is in place Customer service has been extremely reliable and quick to solve any issues.

Pros:

The product was easy to use for staff who must create the forms, registration options, and update back-end requirements while the product was easy to use for the customer. We have grown to appreciate this software even more as upgrades have been made and new features added.

Cons:

The only module that didn't fulfill our needs fully was the league module. We have shared our needs with RecDesk on this module, especially for double-header scheduling and allowing more parameters for team needs to help generate the schedule.

Cynthia
Communications and Development Consultant in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 201–500 Employees

RecDesk for State Parks & Recreation Agency

Comments: RecDesk prioritizes customer service and innovation. They understand parks and recreation agencies and the special challenges they face. We purchased RecDesk to fulfill one simple task - manage a food truck rental system for our state parks and recreation agency. Over our first three years with RecDesk, it's become an essential tool integrated into almost every facet of our agency.

Pros:

From my earliest research into cloud-based solutions for our state parks and recreation agency, I was impressed by the customer support at RecDesk. Three years later, their support team remains outstanding - quick to respond, extremely helpful, very smart. The features of RecDesk that caused us to choose them included membership options, document management, calendar management, invoicing, internal task management, facility management, and many other features. RecDesk enabled us to modernize our parks and recreation agency, which had previously conducted most of its business on paper. I retired recently but know that the agency continues to use RecDesk and has extended their contract.

Cons:

RecDesk makes regular upgrades to its software, so many of the features I'd hoped to see have already been instituted (and they're great about taking suggestions for future upgrades). The area where we requested the greatest number of upgrades was in the flex form area, because we used it so heavily for special use permits.

Saundra
Outreach and Volunteer Specialist in US
Environmental Services, 11–50 Employees

RecDesk for county park district

Comments: I appreciate the automation RecDesk offers our staff, our customers, and my personal work load.

Pros:

A RecDesk employee walked our park staff through an elaborate training process, and we felt very cared for as we implemented RecDesk. Now that is it up and running, I appreciate the versatility of the software and that it allows a mostly hands off experience to manage program registration, shelter reservation, and payment. Although RecDesk still seems robust, I find my way around the software and accomplish the task.

Cons:

Sometimes I feel lost in a big city. An analogy for being stumped with a task. But if I end up in the wrong direction, RecDesk doesn't break. I can fix it, or use the Help, or ask my coworker team.

Marla
Recreation and Event Coordinator in Canada

Love it and recommend!

Comments: I recommend recdesk to all rec professionals I talk to! Many rec professionals in our area deal with "bigger" rec software and I constantly hear complaints. I recommend RecDesk because of the excellent customer service and I always let people know that RecDesk continues to add and adapt tools to better suit the needs of their customers so if there is something that their current software has that RecDesk doesnt....They may have it soon, too!

Pros:

Customer service and that RecDesk continues to add and adapt tools to better suit the needs of the rec industry.

Cons:

N/A - any issues have been resolved but the addition of new features and tools

3 months ago

Hi Marla, We are so glad you had a positive experience with us. Your support is invaluable, thank you!

Anne
Manager in US
Performing Arts, Self Employed

Wonderful for our city to organize parks and rec, a youth center, and an arts center all in one place!

Comments: It has been great overall I have to say. We really needed a way to offer credit card sales both in person and online to our patrons and this has worked seamlessly.
Soon we are going to add a Sparxo account that will connect to our RecDesk for ticket sales. Now that the arts center is fully open we are ready to use this function by offering tickets online for shows.

Pros:

I appreciate the ability I have to schedule events in multiple facilities inside of the arts center, they can overlap, and being able to both print the calendar and export the events into different files is essential. The POS system has been essential for the arts center, we now use it for every event we hold to sell merchandise and concessions.

Cons:

In the reports tab, I would really like to have a report for option for POS only. There are times I simply need a report of the POS sales without any of the other data. Sometimes it takes a while for me to locate certain items because there are so many tabs at the top. Perhaps narrowing down those top tabs into more subcategories would be more helpful for me personally.

Liz
Managing Director in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2–10 Employees

RecDesk to the Rescue

Comments: We are happy with the product! It ensures our classes are accessible and trackable for our participants and staff.

Pros:

It is cost effective and does everything that we need to keep our organization's programs organized on the front and back end.

Cons:

Some of the backend is clunky. For instance, I can only search by last name as far as members and that sometimes is problematic.

3 months ago

Hello Liz, We appreciate your feedback and are delighted to know you enjoyed our software. Your satisfaction is our top priority, and we appreciate your suggestions for improvement.

Dani
Director of Parks and Recreation in US
Program Development, 51–200 Employees

2 Years with RecDesk

Comments: We’ve gone completely paper free in the last two years. The administration portion of my job has gone from 90% paperwork to 40% and most of that entails running reports.

Pros:

RecDesk is very easy to use for a one person department—features are manageable, yet quick and easy enough to set a program up within 5 minutes and get it published.

Cons:

I really, truly wish, that the registration process was easier for my residents. I’ve had many complaints that the process is too time consuming and they just call me to have me do it. I also wish that the program wouldn’t allow residents to register for more than one program at the same time scheduled.

Tara
Tara
Recreational Facilities & Services, 11–50 Employees

RecDesk works perfectly for our Department's needs!

Comments: We have very pleased with the ease of this product, and our residents/ participants love the convenience and flexibility it has brought for registering for our department's programs and events.

Pros:

It is easy to train staff on how to use it, if we have a question it's answered in a very timely manner, there is no cost for upgrades, and we get emails or pop-ups announcing new modules or upgrades.

Cons:

When we move a participant to a new program their forms disappear, and for new participants they sometimes find the category selection on their "view" homepage to be a challenge.

Shanna
Recreation Manager in US

We love RecDesk

Comments: The RecDesk system is great. We have no complaintes.

Pros:

We use RecDesk for all things recreation and facilities. We like the customer side the most and the ease for people to use our website.

Cons:

We would like the league management to be a little cleaner with scheduling, but this could be a user education moment as well.

Brice
Director of Parks & Recreation in US
Recreational Facilities & Services, 2–10 Employees

Simple, great communication, wonderful response time

Comments: Simple structured registration software that gets the job done. Other registration software can be overwhelmingly (and unnecessarily) complex, both for the user and administrator.

Pros:

Ease of use for both my department and users. Also, the response time is amazing when I have any questions about our community site.

Cons:

I cannot add/update certain portions of our RecDesk website, such as pictures or drop down menus. It would be nice to be able to do these things myself, instead of having to request RecDesk to do them for me.

Thank you Brice!

Dan
Manager of Parks and Recreation in US
Government Administration, 2–10 Employees

Overall Incredibly Positive

Comments: Makes our registration a breeze, it organizes bulk activity information in one location and is quick and easy to access.

Pros:

Anyone can learn how to use it, most employees pick it up in less than an hour. We have various seasonal employees train to use it for us in the summer, they never have a problem.

Cons:

Our web page editing is difficult, it was easier with a previous version. The link they provided works, but it just seems cumbersome to edit and change.

7 years ago

Thanks for great review Dan.

Scott
Recreational Facilities & Services, 11–50 Employees

Very easy to use and learn for all Recreation applications

Comments: I mostly use the registration feature for this software.

Pros:

I really like the ease of use. I train many interns/employees and they understand it very quickly. The price is very affordable compared to others on the market.

Cons:

I wish it had more abilities to create reports is it can be a very valuable tool during budget season.

7 years ago

Thanks for review Scott. The new Activity Report in addition to more recently created extracts should help you meet some of those reporting needs!

Lori
Asst City Cler in US
Recreational Facilities & Services, 11–50 Employees

We love RecDesk! SO helpful for baseball league and facility reservations.

Pros:

We love how the information gets transferred from registration to leagues to teams with ease. We built our T-Ball schedule in minutes rather than hours we spent on that in the past.

Cons:

I wish when you attached a file to a registration there was an option to copy it to household documents.

Edward
Athletics Program Superintendent in US

great company to work with

Pros:

The system is easy to learn. New users can be comfortable with the system in a matter of days - no long, drawn out process to learn, no numbering systems for programs, etc.

Cons:

We have found the software to be very user-friendly and on the rare occasion that we have encountered issues, Customer Support has been outstanding.

7 years ago

Thanks Ed - we've really enjoyed serving Wake Forest's needs these past 5 years.

Melissa
Recreation Supervisor in US
Recreational Facilities & Services, 2–10 Employees

Very pleased with the RecDesk Registration System.

Comments: Customer satisfaction. Updated Website, on-line registration, Flex Forms, league stats...so many benefits that we gained from switching to the RecDesk software system.

Pros:

The costumer service is excellent. RecDesk is so user friendly and has so many features that improve the user experience. The are consistently using feedback to make improvements.

Cons:

There are minimal tweaks that could be made to make the system even better, however, RecDesk has made modifications based on user feedback so there is very little not to like.

7 years ago

Thanks for all the great comments Melissa!

Carrie
Recreation Supervisor in US
Recreational Facilities & Services, 2–10 Employees

The customer service with RecDesk has been above and beyond!

Comments: This software has allowed our organization to be online and has allowed for online registration by our program participants.

Pros:

It is very user friendly and very little needs to be done to get up and running. We do not pay per user which is great for our department as we have lots of seasonal staff and users change frequently.

Cons:

I think there are some small options that could be changed/modified that would really enhance our department's use of the software.

7 years ago

Thanks Carrie - we've enjoyed serving Elyria these past two years!