Great system for the Money

Gordon L.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I have spent the most part of a year researching most if not all the different POS systems out there. Though there are other systems that would fit my business model, the down fall is a lot of them are cloud base. With the lack of internet available in Alaska I need a system that I could use without total reliance on the internet. POS Nation was the best application for my needs. I was able to purchase everything I needed to operate my business, I 'm currently operating two stations with a third acting as my storage and back up system that was purchased locally for that purpose. Take the time needed to properly setup this system, the data you can get form this software will greatly assist you in making decisions in maintaining and growing your business.

Pros: CRE is a good program for the kind of business that I run. I recently purchased a grocery/liquor store which has a RV park and small hotel that I have been able to manage through the software. It was a lot of work setting up inventory, and incorporating the RV/Hotel to make it work with the system but with due diligence and with the great support POS provides has made managing my business far easier then it would be without it.

Cons: ​I have had only minor issues with the hardware for example the key boards that are sent with the system are not worth the box that the were sent in had to replace them with in a month of receiving them. The keys stick and get stuck and not everything can be done efficiently through a touch screen. The back office program is a great program with good reportage, but working with purchase orders need some work. The creation of a PO doesn't work with real world situations. Once generated the can't be adjusted when faced with stock outs or quantity changes. So I don't us it to generate my orders with vendors, more so for receiving my orders.
Again these are just minor issues. Again the reportage you get form the system is very informative and allows you to efficiently manage your day to day, monthly and yearly reportage.

My first POS

Reviewed on 23/03/2019
Karen W.
Retail, Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: For the most part, the service has been good. I accidentally ended up talking to someone on the east coast when I first began investigating the possibility of making this POS purchase, which is a challenge when I am trying to talk to someone on the west coast where I'm located. Anything that I need must be shipped from across the country instead of up the coast. But the people are friendly and helpful. Even if they insist I watch the videos in order to learn more about the operation of the system. That would be much easier if I actually had speakers on my machine or a place to hook them up, but I do not. Watching the videos on my home computer do not help, as I cannot practice what I just learned. Would I buy this again, knowing what I know now? Probably, although I think I'd do a little more research and ask a lot more questions first.

Pros: I purchased this POS machine and software in order to streamline our monthly sales and inventory. For the most part, it has met those needs satisfactorily. I like that I can look up sales info for specific days and track inventory during both the busy season and the shoulder season. Being able to spot trends is paramount to achieving success in any business, and that's one of the main reasons I wanted to use this software. Tracking expenses and profit/loss is also something I'm looking forward to doing with ease once I figure it out. Also, having an machine that links up to our online store and keeps inventory current is a major plus.

Cons: Oooh, this is gonna be a long list.
It is not exactly user friendly or intuitive. Entering inventory is a pain in the neck. You must go through two separate screens in order to complete all the information on each item! I would much rather have a long list of things to complete on one screen than have to close out Style Matrix, go into Inventory Maintenance, find the item, fill in the missing details (part number, description for the price tags, web description, etc.) then print out the price tags (which is on yet another screen!)
Also, there have been updates to the software that make some interesting changes, including having items go missing from the database and when I'm trying to ring up a customer and the machine insists that the item is NOT in inventory and would I like to add it now (even though I JUST scanned a barcode printed out by my machine) is super frustrating. Sometimes I just need to scan it for a third time before it recognizes the code and the purchase can continue. Also, the TS lookup is a hassle, as there is no way to tell if you're choosing the correct color or size in a style matrix situation. Also, when you get your online store together, the categories and departments are the opposite of what they are in the POS, which is horribly confusing, and you cannot easily change categories or departments. Don't even think about deleting one of them, because that is one button click from disaster. It gets ugly.

Upgrades and

Reviewed on 27/02/2017
Peter N.
Supermarkets, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: After conducting a lot of research, we decided to go with PC America Cash Register Express (CRE) when we opened our small grocery store in 2013. Set-up was easy the tech-support folks from POS Nation. We ran with a server, 2 touch screens, card swipe and pin pads, one scale, thermal printers, USB and Bluetooth scanners, and a customer display pole. Everything was fine for the first 2 years until we started getting software upgrades. We were advised to upgrade our pin-pad to the new standards. Waited until the end of the tourist season to upgrade, and then things went to hell in a hand-basket. Credit cards would not work... EBT cards failed... and our Loyalty Program has been dead for nearly 6 months with no fix in sight. I'm not sure what happened with PCA after they were acquired by Heartland, but it has been one disaster after another. Our Purchase Order screen was jacked-up for months on end. Eaches and Cases did not compute correctly. They supposedly fixed that with the last upgrade, but now our margins are screwed-up. I have no way of accurately knowing what our margin is now because our "cost averaging" is incorrect. Of course, this affects profit reports, tax reports, and the list goes on and on. This is typical PC software. It functions with many bugs and is NOT very intuitive. There is no rhyme or reason to the menus, and burrowing down just leads to dead-ends.

Pros: The software is stable in the sense that it has only crashed 2 - 3 times over the course of 4 years.

Cons: See above...
Menus are NOT user-friendly.
Upgrades are obviously NOT tested.
Incompatible with many peripherals, and they try to force you into their hardware, which in turn forces you to their payment processor.
Tech support is lacking since I purchased from a hardware provider, and PCA forces me to go through the middle-man.

By Far Best Customer Support

Carly H.
Food & Beverages, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I did months & months of research on many (20+) different POS systems before deciding to finally make the switch to POS Nation (CRE). We have used 4 other systems in the past 37 years and I can already tell you POS Nation FAR exceeds any customer service and technical support we have ever received. It was a rocky transition (as expected) but support team and many others at POS Nation were extremely patient & supportive throughout the entire transition. If you are in need of a new POS system, I highly recommend considering POS Nation.

Pros: Customer & technical support have been top notch. We are a business that has used about 8 different POS companies over the last 37 years & have worked with numerous "support" staff from each company. Although we anticipated a rough transition period (as it turned out to be), the staff at POS Nation was there every step of the way. Specifically, customer support were all extremely patient & supportive throughout the month+ long transition.

Cons: A lot of the reports that are available are completely useless, whereas some reports that you would think are completely necessary for a POS system are not available... the most difficulty we have with the lack of reports involves Customer reports. One other CON to CRE is the Quickbooks Sales Pass. It is not as seamless as one would think when you are told it is "fully integrated with Quickbooks."

Love our POS System

Reviewed on 23/03/2019
Phil H.
Farming, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: We are a Christmas Tree Farm with a fairly large gift shop. We are only open seasonally and POS Nation is willing to work with us during the time we are open. This system has allowed us to have total control of the trees in the field, the number of trees sold, and aided us in knowing when to close the harvest. Our entire gift shop is now in the data base which allows for quick and accurate checking-out of the customers. We have also integrated our CC processing in with the POS system and everything works great! I can't say enough good about our experience with POS Nation.

Pros: How easy it was to enter the entire inventory into the system. The speed with which you can check out a customer! And the ability to run easy accurate reports at the end of the day, week or year!

Cons: I can't think of anything I don't like about the software. Anytime I have had a problem, the system had what I needed, I just didn't know how to use it. Customer support has always solved my problems and taught me what we needed to know. Or better yet, how to use the system.

Cash Register Express from a 20 Year Reseller

Reviewed on 20/08/2018
Kyle M.
Product Specialist
Retail, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: We've been selling this software (and many others) to cater to our retail clients and it is by far my favorite. If you have a retail business, and you don't want to ever question the capabilities of your POS software while also having the peace of mind that you're not over paying, pcAmerica's Cash Register Express (CRE) is everything you need. We offer a free buyers guide that will compare this software against many others, feel free to visit our website at any time so we can give you a tour!

Pros: -Easy to Use
-Feature for Everything
-Best Value (Other companies charge more for same features)
-Supports Multiple Stores
-Supports MANY Payment Processors
-Supports Excel Import
-Supports Hardware from all Industries (Under the counter scanner scales (as seen in grocery stores), Coin Dispensers, Caller ID, etc.)

Cons: -Not Supported on Android / iOS / Mac OS
-Requires Intermediate windows knowledge for setup.
-Does not have the best cloud integration.

Life made easier

Reviewed on 15/01/2019
Ministry Director
Restaurants, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: This system has benefited us so much at McDonals, because it helps keeps us organized and up to date with everything that we may need help with or inventory on. It also makes it a lot easy for our crew too.

Pros: The most that I like about this software is that I am able to manage everything on this system at McDonald's. I can check times, check products and look at all the orders that had came through that day. Also with this system you are able to do schedules and make sure that the inventory is put in. With this system you can do just about anything even knowing the total sales for that day and month. This system helps keep everything together.

Cons: The only thing that I did not like was the fact that sometimes when I was trying to do an order, it automatically started rebooting itself and doing an update. It did not happen too often.

Perfect for Liquor Stores

Reviewed on 23/02/2017
Melissa J.
Regional Director
Retail, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: Cash register express has over 75 different reports that are available to view or print. This software is compatible with a large variety of credit card processors and equipment options to ensure compliant and secure processing. Great added feature such as card swipes for employee login, handheld scanner for efficient inventory management, scheduling features for your staff and plenty other funtions that will help reduce labor hours spent on payroll, consolidation and employee hours.

Cons: Cash register express has amazing functionality, but that can come at a high price. This is a PC based software solution, so depending on the size of your business or the number of pos stations needed, the initial cost may be significant. Some features such as 24/7 customer support and customized reports come at an extra charge as well. Since this software is so detailed, some functions such as inventory can become cumbersome and involve significant time to setup.

POS Nation tops the list

Reviewed on 12/03/2019
Cynthia D.
VP / CoOwner
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: POS Nation offers great service. From the Rep in sales to the tech guys. They have always been polite, and quick with service. My only real complaint is that when I have an urgent call because a customer is waiting, I can never get through to someone right away. It can take some time for someone to get back with me. But when they do, it is usually handled.

Pros: I like POS Nation. The Cash Register Express software is pretty good but it needs more flexibility. Need easier flexibility to run comparison reports for year to year comparisons, comparing products, etc.

Cons: Cash Register Express needs more flexibility with all reports. Also we are a small business. Should have the ability to turn off requirements to enter passwords to do end of day and do backups.

Great bang for the buck

Reviewed on 17/06/2019
Jeff D.
Technician
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 501-1,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: We have a unique environment here at ESI where we have an engineering & manufacturing facility with an employee cafeteria. There's only one register with a local receipt printer and a networked line printer for the grill/sandwich items. When we installed the software customer support listened well and understood so that it was quite seamless. Then, later when we added debit card support we ordered & received the correct card swipe terminal and were able to turn on the functionality very easily. When we've had network outage issues or had to change IP addressing POS Nation support was very helpful and was able to assist to resolve issues quickly. Overall it has been very good.

Pros: Organization, flexibility and customizability

Cons: The look and feel seems a little clunky...perhaps time for an upgrade?

We love POS Nation

Reviewed on 19/03/2019
Sharon W.
CFO
Tobacco, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: We pay the monthly maintenance fee, which is very helpful when needing assistance in the evenings. We are open from 9am until midnight, so we need support during a wide range of times. POS Nation offers that coverage.

Pros: This software is great at inventory tracking. I use the Advanced Reporting also that allows me to customize various reports that are not offered as a standard report.

Cons: I wish is had a way to export several fields all onto one report into an excel file. The only export offered is from their list of standard reports. So I have to download 2 or more reports into excel and then merge the data together to get the needed information.

Broad range, excellent service.

Otto G.
General Manager
Food & Beverages, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: POS Nation has some of the best customer service I've come across. 24 Hour (I think anyway) technicians available, and they even assigned one person to be our contact guy for setting up the new system. He was an invaluable resource when we were just getting started. While not every technician is familiar with every POS System, they are knowledgeable enough to help solve most minor issues, or set up a call-back appointment for the next day with another agent. Could not be happier with POS Nation and their support.

Pros: I am using RPower POS System through POS Nation. This software is very in depth, almost overwhelmingly so. There is next to nothing you can't do through it and as far as POS Systems I've used throughout my career, is easily the most broad and intricate software I've ever seen. RPower comes highly recommended especially if you have a complex or large menu.

Cons: It's range of features and capability are so immense that at times it seems almost intimidating. I have been using it for nearly 4 months now and I'm figuring new things out every day. Sometimes confusing to do what one would imagine to be a simple task, until you figure out all of its various quirks and commands. If you have a small or very simple menu, I would suggest a smaller and simpler POS System.

Complete wast of time & money.

Reviewed on 10/03/2017
Michael H.
Customer Support

Comments: I am the manager of Marshalls Creek Plumbing Supplies in Pa and we 1st purchased Cash Register Express from a PC America sales back in 2012. With this purchase were spec that inventory would be able to support scanners. Pc America sold use a Honeywell scanner and then after several months they (PC America) could not get it to work with their program. Several other problem came up and then we got a lawyer only to find out the salesman was and (ISO agent) not and employee of PC America. PC America told us that we were not the original owner as the product was sold trough a contractor (ISO agent). We abandoned the product & mothballed the equipment. It gets better! FASTFORWARD TO 2016
A Heartland salesman came for our credit processing business and through the conversation he told us that they now own PC America. After going over some of the above he said that if we want to get it up and running he would make it happen. Well we figured that we have the stuff we might as well try it. So we got it running and have a large part of the inventory installed ( no scanner though) and the owner went on vacation for a few months. I got the notice that the yearly service/tech support payment was due, we were not using the system for sales. I contacted the owner and he said that as long as we can keep installing the inventory keep going and he will make the payment when he gets back. We got the 2nd notice that payment was due and (guess what) the system will not boot up now. No error code it just will not start. I called PC America and they said it was just a coincidence (it happens he said) we don’t turn off your system because of nonpayment for support. However if you pay us the fee you will be up and running today. I contacted a IT guy we use and he said that he knows that PC America uses a time bomb in their program and if no contact with home base by a set date it shuts down. So much for ownership. Don’t deal with this company!

Pros: It seem to be easy to load in our inventory through Excel. The stations communicate with the main station very well.

Cons: No support, repeat no support. We were just loading in our inventory no sales yet. Support payment came due while owner on vacation & upon the email for the 2nd notice they system will not boot up. No error code it just will not start. PC America told us to By the support & we will be back up today. We purchase the software complete but they can still shut it down to blackmail you into paying more money.

Reviewed on 11/04/2019
Jennifer S.
Apparel & Fashion, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Really enjoy all the technical support team really listen to my needs and problem solve for my business. Make great suggestions for my operating system. I like that all my needs are in one shop.

Pros: Step by step walks you through.easy to enter product. Easy to review stock of inventory.
Manage Report from year to year. Clock in clock out.
Accounting purposes, great best sellers. Times of day busy

Cons: The return process. Not able to print reports of items when you enter them.

Amazing support and equipment

Reviewed on 16/03/2019
Lucky C.
Consumer Goods, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Overall satisfied with my purchase and service. Wish they would provide free upgrades when requested.

Pros: They have multiple of options available including equipment to software to match your business needs. Very compatible with current equipment so it wasn’t hard to switch over.

Cons: At times the system will get slow, will call support however they require a level 2 support to assist. They are available during the weekday however not weekend. In addition, you will have to call to get your system updated and only if there is problems.

POS Nation Technical Support Is The BEST!

Reviewed on 12/03/2019
Linda P.
Restaurants, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: POS Nation Technical Support is AMAZING! When the system gets hung up or any problem, they answer and have the system going or problem solved quickly.

Pros: The software suggested by POS Nation is easy enough for anyone to use and yet is able to keep up with our growing business.

Cons: The software requires you to create modifiers for so many little changes.

Reliable system!

Yaret H.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I like the tech support, always available when we need them.

Pros: simple to use, user friendly and easy to train new employees

Cons: I can't put large pictures on the boxes, Wish it would have a full pictures and text on top of the picture.
Online report printing is not available. I can't print daily sales report from my home office.

POS software review

Reviewed on 05/12/2017
Sam P.
Director of Business & Financial Developments
Wholesale, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: Fairly easy and intuitive for our front line staff to use and understand. We have had the CRE for a few years now and meets most of our needs.

Cons: With the Pro version, we were not able to have both of our locations communicate with each other. We are hopeful an upgrade to Enterprise will make a difference.

Post systems review

Reviewed on 22/12/2018
Andrea H.
Owner and designer
Arts & Crafts, Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Overall it's a perfect product! It got the job done in an easy and effective manner. Highly, highly recommend!

Pros: I love this software!!! The best pos system I've ever used. It's so easy to process orders and manage sales.

Cons: I did not have any issues using this product. It was perfect for my business

GREAT PRODUCT AND SERVICE

Reviewed on 17/03/2019
Shanon M.
EVENING MANAGER
Food Production, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: WE HAVE HAD A GREAT EXPERIENCE WITH THIS COMPANY SINCE WE BOUGHT THE SOFTWARE. IF I EVER HAVE ANY ISSUES, POS ARE ALWAYS THERE TO HELP ME.

Pros: I LIKE THE EASE OF HOW THE SYSTEM WORKS. IM VERY IMPRESSED WITH HOW WE CAN KEEP UP WITH INVENTORY MUCH BETTER THAN BEFORE.

Cons: HONESTLY I HAVE NO DISLIKES WITH THE SOFTWARE

Administrative Assistant

Reviewed on 25/09/2018
Brenda S.
Administrative Assistant, Gallery Manager, Volunteer Coordinator
Museums & Institutions, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: It is better than what we had, it has it's pro's and con's but all in all, it is a great addition to our Museum Store and Admissions.

Pros: I like that it collects information about our attendance and makes it really easy to run reports so that we can find out how many people visited a certain exhibit

Cons: We could not get a report that tells us how many visitors from different states and countries. It would really be nice to have something like that to refer to.

I worked as a server at multiple establishments that utilized a POS system.

Reviewed on 10/01/2018
Hillary G.
Server
Customer Support

Pros: This software allowed efficient customer service and quick delivery of quality product. It allowed the staff to communicate orders efficiently to the kitchen.

Cons: There really weren't many cons associated with this software.

Great software for a retail store.

Liz H.
Store Manager
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: This software is easy to use and has all the functions needed to properly operate and manage inventory/ sales.

Cons: Customer Database could use upgrading making it easier to look up customers and input information.

Restaurant ProExpress

Reviewed on 23/02/2017
Tilku K.
Restaurants, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: The product is Easy to use, easy to set up, it has modifier groups, and it has a good detailed daily reports

Cons: Limited settings options such as printer setup, limited reporting, can't work if main PC is down, and poor customer service

Great Company

Reviewed on 24/05/2019
Deborah S.
Farming, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: They are wonderful. Very helpful and friendly.

Pros: Everything about this program is great. Was easy to set up and to learn. All the staff picked up the program quickly, which made it easier for training. Love the fact that you can customize the touch buttons. Makes checking customers out very easy.

Cons: Unable to customize forms. Unable to reverse sale the next day.