Filter by:

• Overall

About Freshdesk

Freshdesk is an easy-to-use customer service software that helps over 40,000 businesses worldwide create stellar customer experiences.

Learn more about Freshdesk

Showing 2,352 reviews

Nitin S.
Nitin S.
Senior Graphics Designer
Graphic Design, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/08/2021

"Great ticket management software for first time customer service manager"

Comments: Freshdesk is a highly useful help desk or customer complaint management platform. Its social media integration is perfect with support for Facebook pages which helped me have a sync with my daily Facebook complaints.

Pros: What I like about Freshdesk is that we can manage all our support channels from one place, the automated reporting features are excellent and also useful to customize it according to our requirements. They also have the best support team who helps you at every stage.
Reasonable price makes it affordable for first time customer service agencies or startups. We can create our own knowledge base or faq onsite in a free plan.

Cons: The first thing I realized while using the ticket management system is that it confuses and doesn't always display the exact team member name who gave the response when multiple customers are involved in a support ticket.

Alternatives Considered: Zoho Desk and Zendesk

Reasons for Choosing Freshdesk: My team needs a much better and smooth way to serve customers online. Zoho have some complexities in dashboard and monthly report insights. Freshdesk provides more features along with quick review of customers on the dashboard that helps the team have daily or monthly insights about complaint status.

Switched From: Zoho Desk

Reasons for Switching to Freshdesk: Other softwares aimed at enterprises which help desks serving internal customers. That makes them much more costly with the same features in freshdesk. Freshdesk is focused on processing service tickets from external customers which makes me choose freshdesk over zoho desk.

• Reviewed on 19/08/2021
Harry D.
Customer Service Manager
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/06/2021

"Best all rounder!"

Comments: Overall Freshdesk has been a great addition to the business. I think that the support has been good, though sometimes a little slow - occasionally disappointing if they don't know the answer, or can't get you an answer, you get shrugged off or forgotten about.

Pros: Freshdesk allows for a quick, smart and inexpensive customer service support desk to be set up, working and usable in less than 4 weeks. It is adaptive, and gives you everything that you need to deliver excellent service to your customers.

Cons: Some key features are missing, or locked behind higher price bandings. But I'd recommend that you consider Fresh to be a mid-market/budget option compared to CRM behemoths. It doesn't have all the bells and whilstes, but 90% of the bells you don't really need anyway!

Alternatives Considered: Salesforce Service Cloud, Zendesk and Kustomer

Reasons for Switching to Freshdesk: Fresh was a quick, easy solution that could integrate into the business seamlessly. It offered everything I needed without a heavy price tag, and clunky integration that would take months to implement.

• Reviewed on 10/06/2021
Farah M.
Outsourcing/Offshoring, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/06/2021

"Efficient & Effective"

Comments: Good for ticketing. Does the job. Easy to setup. Gr8 Customer Service team.

Pros: easy to use, easy to setup, cost effective

Cons: Reporting can be improved, especially for omni channel
Integrations are weak. Needs big time improvement here, to have inbuild features rather than using 3rd party.

Alternatives Considered: Zoho Desk and Zendesk

Zach D.
IT Developer
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/05/2021

"Freshdesk - A Great User Experience"

Comments: The Freshworks team provides a great onboarding experience as well as continued support across all of their applications. They take my feature request submissions very seriously and are always able to respond to my questions quickly and efficiently.

Pros: This platform is very very easy for both admins and end-users to navigate. There's always a learning curve when implementing a new system, but I had virtually no questions sent to me (an admin), the week of Go Live. The platform lays everything out in a way that is very straightforward to the end-user. From an admin perspective, my favorite thing is how easy it is to create workflow automations. I have created nearly 200 email routing rules. We have about 10 email addresses that our customers send emails to, and based on who the email is from, who the email is to, the domain of the sender address, the subject/content of an email, etc... we are able to create very specific routing rules to get the right emails to the right agents without needing to hand things off multiple times to different agents. I also love the use of tags. For anything that doesn't have its own field (in relation to a ticket), you can just add a tag(s). These tags can be filtered on and reported on. We heavily rely on tags to identify tickets in a variety of ways. Generally speaking, this application has significantly improved our support desk efficiency.

Cons: I wish that Freddy AI would look at all of the domains of the email addresses that are sent to us and would add those domains as unverified "Companies." Right now our "Companies" module is empty because it needs a data import to populate. If Freddy AI could populate this data and then have an admin verify and change the company names, that'd be ideal. I think it should work similarly to the verified and unverified contacts. Outside of this, I really have no complaints. There are some additions to the Analytics reporting tool that they need, but this tool is still in Beta right now so I expect more features to be released throughout the year. The biggest painpoints with analytics right now is 1) I can only share a report with myself or all users. I cannot share with specific individuals or teams, and 2) there are chart-type limitations based on the data you are trying to display. One limitation is that you can only have 4 different metrics in a stacked bar chart. If you have 5 metrics you are tracking against, you are required to use a summary table or line chart.

Alternatives Considered: Zendesk

Reasons for Choosing Freshdesk: Our old system would crash and we'd have semi-frequent downtime where we would not be able to respond to emails.

• Reviewed on 25/05/2021
Viktoria J.
Customer Support
  • Reviewed on 21/01/2021

"The best customer service desk available"

Comments: We used it for daily customer service contact and it was great. It was great for assigning

Pros: Freshdesk is an amazing solution that made my daily life easier. I used it as a part of my work as a customer service agent and it helped go through the tickets quickly and efficiently. Mostly I loved how easy it made for me to track the previous interactions with the customer and how efficient it made me.

Cons: We tried the call centre as well, but that did not work so well. We had calls drop randomly after a few seconds so we stopped using that feature.

Alternatives Considered: Zendesk, HubSpot CRM and Zoho Desk

Reasons for Choosing Freshdesk: We suddenly had more tickets than we could handle using only email.

Switched From: Gmail

Reasons for Switching to Freshdesk: Because of the price and it seemed like the most well rounded of the bunch.

• Reviewed on 21/01/2021
Carly M.
Retail, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 15/10/2020

"Freshdesk is simple to setup and makes bug-tracking a cinch!"

Comments: Personally, this was the best platform that ever happened to our team. We reviewed some pay-for feature models, as well as the free bug tracker in Spiceworks (which had a ton of adware), and Freshdesk was the simplest to use and track our bugs even with the non-ability to drill down further with the tier we were using for our staff. The only other thing I would mention, is that it is not HIPAA compliant, so you want to make sure anything users are posting in there is not anything related to proprietary software. Otherwise it worked like a charm for our team, and our users seemed to like it. You do need to make sure that your teams using it have their emails alerting them, otherwise a ticket can just sit there. I found that I was reminding folks to check the freshdesk--from an IT standpoint, we were in there every day fielding tickets and this really helped us to schedule out our day/week and prioritize.

Pros: I set up and administered Freshdesk for a 200+ non-profit agency. There were three departments tracking bugs through it, and we were able to deploy it and announce its use with ease. It was easy to explain to our staff who didn't want to take time to learn something overly complex. As a non-profit, it was important to find a solution that could assist us day-to-day without breaking the bank. We were able to use the first-level with support for our use. The Freshdesk support was highly responsive and helpful if we had questions. Using this platform cut down on time spent fielding immediate requests that were not a high priority. It allowed us to really prioritize, track and automate repeat issues, and cut down on 'putting out little fires everywhere mentality.'

Cons: The automation was helpful, but I think it could have used a bit more complexity. We were able to implement an automated routing for email subjects and user emails so that certain requests or bugs/issues would go to a specific department. We used the platform in Communications, IT, and Facilities for all requests. We didn't have a bug or issue tracker prior to this platform. The Frequently Asked Questions portion of the portal really didn't end up being used, although we did use it when we first started the platform. Higher ups really liked the ability to see numbers in what we were fielding, but there was not enough drill-down in the pay/point we were using--that may have been available within higher paid levels. The automation has a lot of options for sending alerts when a new ticket is created. It can become cumbersome and send A LOT of emails. I'm not sure if there is a better way to automate/cut that down w/o losing that function. Also, the 'archive' user feature was a bit weird. We had a lot of employees that would leave and come back, and if you archived the user, it was a bit of an odd way to get them back into the platform, it's doable, just awkward.

Alternatives Considered: Zendesk, Spiceworks and Jira

Reasons for Switching to Freshdesk: We could literally open the account and begin working with it and their support was super on it with Helpdesk requests and questions. Even on the free-model with limited features, this was a great product that got us up and running with ease and it didn't take a rocket scientist to explain the procedure for creating tickets. We actually created a launch campaign to make our staff aware that we would no longer be taking ticket requests (unless it was an emergency) without a pre-written ticket in the portal. It really helped our team with everything from IT requests to phone problems and replacements, to concerns about how other programs worked or how to access a printer.

• Reviewed on 15/10/2020
Michel R.
Technical Support Lead
  • Reviewed on 17/09/2020

"Best Helpdesk Application for your Money"

Comments: First of all, they preach by example because Freshdesk's support is top notch. I found myself inspired every time I deal with them and even though I have (too) many years experience in the support business, I have learned from my interaction with Freshdesk's agents. It is clear to me that support is very important to this vendor and they obviously select and train their agents very well. Integrating the product in our environment was very easy and managing it is simple or as complex as you want it to be. I have been using Freshdesk for over 10 years now and they still surprise me with new features and new learning material (lots of "how to" videos, training and webinars).

Pros: Multi language, great knowledge base, easy to automate a lot of features (multi time zone groups, SLAs and Business hours/holidays support and many more) and available add ins to suit pretty much any requirement. Being on the cloud means we always have access no matter where we are or what we use (Tablet, Phone, laptop, desktop, ...). In the current world wide pandemie reality, all our agents are now working from home and the transition was seamless.

Cons: Reporting needs some love, although the basic is there. Freshdesk has recently added Analytics which is great but not that easy to configure so that you get the exact result you want. They are working on improving this. Most of the things I liked less about this software have been improved and quite a few features that we needed have been deployed over the years. We are also in the software development business and we understand that it is impossible to satisfy everyone, customers are really way too creative at times ;-).

• Reviewed on 17/09/2020
Rich L.
District Technology Director
Education Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/12/2019

"Using FreshDesk for 3 years and Still Going Strong"

Comments: Teachers generally create tickets for me with problems they have with technology. Administration creates tickets for me to evaluate different education systems, set up systems for teachers, arrange training, or pretty much anything. It's all documented in detail in the ticket, along with pictures, links to articles, whatever I need.

Pros: The software is easily customizable, and fairly easy to use. Being able to see the notifications pop up on my watch and access tickets from my Google Pixel phone is a lifesaver. Teacher's can't be bothered to log in to a portal to create a ticket, so we customized Fresh Desk so they could simply send an email of their problem to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and it would create a ticket for them. I can reply to them right from within the help desk system. Initially we had it set up for two agents and purchased the next level plan. Our Maintenance Supervisor ended up not using it so we backed down to the free version. The virsatility of multiple plans is a major plus. Their support is quick, and eager to help. They will actually go out of their way to help you.

Cons: The only con is probably easily fixable-- When I close a ticket, it of course emails the teacher letting him/her know. But they inevitably always reply with Thank You, which reopens the ticket. Other than that, it is a perfect system!

Bob B.
Bob B.
Director, Professional & Technical Support
  • Reviewed on 31/12/2019

"A Fresh Start to Better Customer/Issue Tracking"

Comments: We needed to migrate from a support solution that was bought out by Microsoft. Microsoft CRM Dynamics was too expensive, so we reviewed over a dozen solution providers. The Freshworks team worked with us to ensure we had a successful implementation (3 months - part time). They were also very receptive to our feedback and have incorporated those ideas into Freshdesk. We just got done adding another SSL certificate for our latest product's portal. The support team came through again with flying colors!

Pros: We use Freshdesk every day to capture and work customer-reported issues. The ease of use has a major factor migrating from our former portal solution. We were able to keep things simple while still capturing all the critical elements of the issues. The Solutions page (knowledge base) was/is very easy to maintain and update. From an Administrative perspective, the product is easy to configure and customize. Further, we have enjoyed nearly 100% up time over a year and a half!

Cons: We were hoping to port over prior ticket history from our prior solution, but were unable to capture "conversations" as part of our migration. However, Freshworks was able to create new records for each legacy ticket as part of our conversion. In the long run, only a couple customers ever noticed their prior ticket submissions.

Alternatives Considered: Salesforce Service Cloud, HappyFox Help Desk and Zoho Desk

Reasons for Choosing Freshdesk: Parature was purchased by Microsoft and users were given the 'option' to migrate to CRM Dynamics. Parature was also expensive and moving to Freshdesk was a solid financial option.

Reasons for Switching to Freshdesk: Overall, we just needed a simple process for handling ticket submissions and responses. Many solutions came with high price tags that were just not in our budget. The implementation and training options provided by the Freshworks team sealed the deal for us.

John N.
Service Representative
  • Reviewed on 30/11/2018

"Great for Support Tasks"

Comments: Overall, FD is a helpful tool for a support staff that deals with a large client base. However, just like any other product, it does have some things that need to be worked on.

Pros: It's easy to categorize and keep track of your work, especially with the new FreshDesk Mint version. The new FreshDesk Mint also shows a contact's recent tickets, so I can quickly see their recent history. I really love the scenario automations and keyboard shortcuts. Overall, FD mint feels smoother than the old FD. I wish they had:
-more options for scenario customization
-more options for keyboard shortcuts/customization
===
They have a decent customer support team that responds relatively quick(within 24 hours).

Cons: Some features from the old FreshDesk didn't transfer to the new FreshDesk mint.
-Text in <PRE> tags wrapped perfectly to the next line(s) on the old FD, but it gets jumbled into one line on the new FD mint. I have to literally copy the whole string and create a comment so I can read my client's request.
-I was able to edit the ticket's requester email address to ANY mail address on the old FD. This is not possible on the FD mint unless you have admin privileges to edit your company's contact database. So, if you don't have admin privileges to edit your company's contact database, you'd only have access to update the ticket request email address to ONLY contacts in your company's contact database. I had to literally convert to the old FD every time to just update the email address, and then go back to FD mint to process the rest of the ticket.

-CTRL+Shift shortcut didn't enter a space on the old FD, but it does on the new FD Mint. I have to account for this now whenever working in FD Mint.
-Better statistics and analysis would be nice. The most useless statistic/achievement they offer is the 'Speed racer' statistic. I believe it's fair to help contacts in the order they come(first come, first serve). So, I work on 'older' tickets and I get punished for not responding to the 'newest' ticket available. Why should you serve the client that just walked in the door instead of the person who has been waiting for hours?

• Reviewed on 30/11/2018
Alan M.
Alan M.
  • Reviewed on 04/11/2018

"Freshdesk can help you manage & grow your MSP business"

Comments: Freshdesk helped BootUp LLC to get on top of their user help desk support problems, and this NYC-based MSP is now poised to grow its client base by hiring more technical staff and expanding its support offerings. Our collective experience with Freshdesk has been extremely positive, and we recommend it wholeheartedly!

Pros: Freshdesk enables your clients to create their own help desk request tickets, track their ticket's progress, add notes & comments along the way, and decide when to mark each ticket as Done. Once you know what the solutions to their most common problems are, you can post self-service procedures for the easy ones that they can handle themselves - thus freeing you from unnecessary remote support or onsite support events. Use the built in ticket timers, and you have a way to capture the data for your Time & Billing system. And you can build your user community with a built-in user forum and links to your social media accounts. Help desk managers can spot check the Dashboard and see at a glance how many & which tickets are unresolved, overdue, due today, unassigned, or on hold pending various 3 party issues. All of these features are designed to help you get on top of your service delivery and get the metrics you need to maintain quality service while adding clients & technicians. Pair Freshdesk with Teamviewer Corporate and you have a powerful Help Desk with one click remote support connectivity to any PC at any client location anywhere. Now you can deliver quality support with fewer truck rolls!

Cons: My only real problem had to do with Notification Alert Sounds. I wanted a way to use different new ticket alert sounds depending upon with the client, priority or assigned to me status so that I could walk away from my workstation and do other work in the computer lab but get a loud sound alert for critical new help desk tickets. A prompt response from the Freshdesk support team let me know that none of the major browsers support custom notification sounds in their API's, so there is no way to implement this at this time. (Hey Google Chrome & Microsoft IE teams: how about custom notification sounds in the next update release? Very useful for advanced users!)

• Reviewed on 04/11/2018
Alok S.
Alok S.
Self Employed
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 28/08/2018

"Far better than the rest!"

Comments: I have tried and worked with various competing helpdesk software's (both SaaS and Self Hosted), but Freshdesk is simply amazing and outstanding. I was up and running in less than 2-3 minutes. Yes, you heard it right, less than 2-3 minutes.

Pros: The best part I love about Freshdesk is the super fast - clean, simple, minimalistic and easy-to-use interface. Next what impresses me is the instant help and tips across all the sections in the Admin, making it extremely easy for a layman to get started in less time and without any help and support.

Cons: Well, there is really nothing I don't like about Freshdesk other than a little improvement with spam handling and spammers. No doubt Freshdesk already takes care of it but slightly in a different manner. I feel there should be an intelligent spam detection algorithm and mechanism which would send the spam tickets right into the Spam folder. Besides, creating and maintaining a common database of spammers would add even more charm to the software. That way, an agent can further manually review the Spam tickets and deal with them accordingly. Another slight issue is with the contact management. For any contacts that are deleted, Freshdesk marks tickets from those contacts as spam which I think is wrong. From time-to-time, the contact database increases with people contacting only once and then never turning back for years. Such contacts unnecessarily increase the burden of managing contacts and need to be deleted periodically. Instead, Freshdesk should consider creating a special category wherein all the contacts that are marked as spam will be tagged into this category. That way, an agent can get rid of unwanted contacts.

• Reviewed on 28/08/2018
Sebastien M.
Sebastien M.
Technical Team Manager
  • Reviewed on 22/07/2018

"Really good & well designed helpdesk software - I checked almost all of them and chose Freshdesk."

Comments: Much more speed and efficiency in our support work flow : Automation, assignements, grouping, tagging, SLA, Monitoring, Canned Responses, Integrated Widget, Email Forwarding, Facebook integration, etc. Looking forward to integrate the telephony also :-)

Pros: I'm tech manager in a growing online business and our support team is currently 3 agents. We needed to transition our support flow from mostly shared email support to something more efficient and I was the one to explore and choose the tech solution that we would implement - I chose Freshdesk. Here is why: The User Experience is very very well designed. I looked into ZenDesk, ZohoDesk, Desk.com, Kayako, Cayzu and others and they were all about the same price however Freshdesk stands out for the ease of use by far. Desk.com was the second-best design however it was quite bland. Freshdesk was surprisingly easy to understand for the less technically inclined people in my team and that is a win. Freshdesk is full of features and while there are many we won't use in the foreseeable future there were enough really useful ones in the first paid plan [Blossom] that we felt comfortable justifying this expense for 3 agents and eventually 4. The ease of use of these features especially compared to shared mail made us buy into Freshesk: 'Group', 'assigned to', 'Tags', ' Dispatcher' , ' Observer'. We found how to automate all of them. I had EXCELLENT tech support to customize the ticket fields and widgets; we needed API calls and Webhooks used to fit the workflow to our preferred implementation and really the tech person knew his job, was always patient and knew what to suggest and how to help me configure Freshdesk above and beyond what I expected.

Cons: The time before we became paying Freshdesk customers is the one place where I feel there is a need for more care. Once we are paying clients however the service is really good. Here are my main points for them to work on: 1. Please, we don't want to feel even the slightest pressure to buy into Freshdesk: we are a slow-moving company tech-wise and we needed more time to try all the features without having our trial deleted. The free trial is 21 days. We did receive one full extension and part of another and our assigned agent was as patient as she could about our slow pace; however I had the impression that behind her she maybe was pressured to ' close the sale ' . I felt pressured to go faster than our time budget was allowing to fully explore in depth Freshdesk. 2. That agent was also somewhat slow at first to answer to some questions I had before committing to a paid plan. 3. While I was exploring the whole feature set of Freskdesk I felt that she was not sufficiently able to help me understand why the first paid plan would be better for us than the free plan. I had made a list of features I wanted more info about and even on a live call I would have liked for her to be able to go deeper with me in my understanding of Freshdesk at that time. I felt she was mostly reading the same feature-sheet as me. 4. So we committed to Freshdesk a bit before being fully ready however by then I knew that there were more than enough paid features for us to make the jump.

• Reviewed on 22/07/2018
Sandrine B.
Sandrine B.
  • Reviewed on 22/02/2017

"Freshdesk makes support easier and at a very attractive price"

Comments: Freshdesk is a robust helpdesk platform, which offers all the key helpdesk features. We have a partner who uses Freshdesk. We asked them for their feedback. They told us that they were happy with the solution and it matched their requirements, even with the Free edition. In 2015, we were looking for a helpdesk platform, because our internal solution was outdated and our budget was tight. We look at the solutions available on the market. After a very quick try we were convinced about Freshdesk: it was adopted! The Free edition (Sprout) offered us everything we needed and it was so user friendly! Freshdesk helps us to save time and money as it automates the support ticket management process: customized support rules, automatic email notification, tickets queue management That's perfect for us and for our customers who use it for submitting support ticket.

Pros: We definitively like a couple of things about Freshdesk. Even with the Free edition you have access to plenty of features. The portal can be customized: you can specify the colors of the colors theme, choose a font and also add your organization logo. You then can offer a branded helpdesk platform to your customers. All the admin features you need are in a one tab (Admin) organized in 4 main categories: helpdesk channels, main settings It is so easy to configure the solution and to customize it (forms, emails, and so on). The solution can be online in only a couple of minutes. We had to contact the Freshdesk support only once, and honestly we were really impressed by the way they handled our support request because we only have the free edition. The ticket was solved and closed in only a couple of hours. Great support service!

Cons: As we used the Free edition, we don't see any cons.

• Reviewed on 22/02/2017
Instructional Designer & Senior Trainer
Outsourcing/Offshoring, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/10/2017

"One of the better options available"

Comments: We have a great and effective tool for managing our customer interactions as well as our customer support articles.

Pros: This software is incredibly user-friendly and jam-packed with features and plug-ins. It has the ability to support multiple products and can have multiple user portals (knowledge bases) which is key for large corporations with multiple sub companies that are not related. Everything can be in one place, and everything can be segregated by group and by employee. Lots of automation features available, including ticket routing, templates, solutions, scenarios, filtering, and more. Can connect with social media accounts to manage Facebook and Twitter communications with customers. There are so many things you can do with this ticketing system that there just isn't enough time to go over everything and explain just how wonderful a tool this is.

Cons: The only major cons are billing, which is comparable to other similar programs, but this per-user pricing is kind of ridiculous that all of these systems have adopted. I realize that they need to have money, but for an account that is merely a rep that answers tickets vs an administrator account that needs access to everything, there should definitely be a difference in pricing. Integration with other systems, depending on the system, can be painful at times. Integrating into other sites is possible, but would require real programming. Although the portals are fully customizable via CSS and have some color and font options available, there are no templates to choose from, and no wysiwyg editor to do so. Having the ability to build your portal to match your website is vital, but difficult for non-web designers.

• Reviewed on 19/10/2017
Michael M.
Primary/Secondary Education
  • Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 12/12/2014

"Very impressed"

Pros: I love using Freshdesk. We evaluated 3 top-tier customer support management system products to manage our complex array of products and Freshdesk was the clear winner on functionality and price. While it's true, one of the contenders could have met our needs a tiny bit better. The price tag was 8x higher than Freshdesk. That's not a joke. From the moment I saw Freshdesk, I loved the simplistic design of the site. It reflects how they do all of their development. Features are added gracefully and in ways I don't always expect. For example, we had major problems with multiple agents working on the same ticket. Freshdesk added a very simple indicator that shows icons detailing that someone else is looking at that same ticket. It's very subtle, but very effective. All of their features are focused on high-usability, without cluttering the screen with additional controls. It reminds me of how Apple does UI. It's simple and elegant.

Cons: While it has a great deal of flexibility, there are some things that an off-the-shelf product will never deliver. We have a laundry list of things we would love to see in the product, but it seems the development direction is going off in a different direction. We have solved a lot of problems using their development API, but now we have a decent-sized code base that requires maintenance and attention, from time to time. The other thing that has been difficult is the Freshdesk follows a typical customer support model where agents might be encouraged to compete with each other. That's not a philosophy we believe in, in our environment. It's not that big of a deal, but we would prefer if all of the agent comparisons were kept hidden. It would prevent agents from cherry-picking the easy tickets to get their numbers up.

• Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 12/12/2014
Andrea F.
Customer Service Coordinator
Construction, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/10/2020

"Freshdesk"

Comments: Great experience. As an admin, or process coordinator you get a great overview of the agent's operation. How many tickets have been assigned to each, the status, how much time it takes to get the tickets resolved and of course it makes it easier to make decisions.
We did not use any software before and we constantly got lost e-mails or forgotten requests because they were all handled through e-mail. Also it was very difficult to keep track of the agents performance.

Pros: This software is very easy to use. I have enjoyed a lot how easy to customize and to use it is and how it has helped us organize tickets/tasks assignment for agents, considering priorization, status and as many variables as we need.
The users are able to set SLAs and all fields the agents need to use.
A practical feature is that you can respond via email, and even customers can create tickets by sending their request to a designated e-mail account. It is a great tool for teamwork as it allows collaboration using private notes for team members and forwarding info to third parties that do not necessarily have a Freshdesk account. I also love that it shows motivational quotes when the features are loading!

Cons: I believe there is still a lot to improve on the reports side. They are very limited.
Also, it would be of great help to get a tool that automatically merged tickets by their content (email body) so that the agents would not have to merge tickets manually.

• Reviewed on 14/10/2020
Torre C.
Torre C.
  • Reviewed on 27/05/2020

"Client Friendly Ticketing System"

Comments: We’ve loved Freshdesk since we switched to it about 8 months ago. Our clients love it too. It’s cool that there is also a Knowledgebase feature built-in to help avoid ticket creation for common issues. Their support has proven helpful when we’ve needed them, the platform is feature-rich, and the pricing is very competitive.

Pros: The easy to use and beautiful ticketing system not only works great online but also functions very well for our clients if they only ever submit and respond to tickets via their email.

Cons: It would be nice if there were more sophisticated tasks / reminders as part of the ticket features but that is not even a feature most people look for, and we have ways to work around those limitations.

• Reviewed on 27/05/2020
Jarrett V.
Founder & CEO
  • Reviewed on 27/09/2018

"Good reliable product with good service"

Comments: We've used Freshdesk for a couple of years, making use of the support ticket system, the knowledge base, and forums. The system has been reliable and easy to use. Getting set up and going was simple. The company has made regular updates and improvements. Their editor for creating articles works well, even allowing simple clipboard paste of images/screenshots rather than having to go through an upload process to make them available (unlike Mailchimp). We were nervous about support when it was clear we were getting transferred to an overseas center when we called, but we were pleasantly surprised that each support call was handled quickly, professionally, and in a helpful manner without long hold times. These guys are the exception to the rule in that regard. Conclusion: Good product at fair price from a good company.

Pros: Fast, works well, good support, good editor, API for single-sign-on, allowing users of our product to automatically authenticate to our support site without a separate logon.

Cons: Their chat option, FreshChat, is not good because there's no way to indicate when your agents are offline or online, just an indicator of avg response time, allowing people to think you're there to answer a chat when you may have just left. We would like a few more options for customizing the look and feel of our support site, beyond just choosing colors, but without the need for advanced HTML/CCS - things like fonts, columns, default number of items before "more" etc.

• Reviewed on 27/09/2018
Ian A.
Ian A.
Head of Computer Services
Education Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/10/2019

"Best Helpdesk I've ever used"

Comments: Having been in the IT support industry for more than 20 years I've used a lot of different helpdesk systems and this has been, by far, one of the easiest to setup and run, and also one of the fastest. It lacks all the extra bells and whistles that something like Spiceworks has but if you already have other tools for network management etc... I've yet to find a better system for so little cost.

Pros: Excellent ticket system
Lots of configurable options
New price plans mean that there are no headaches with the number of agents
Fantastic automation tools
Supports Google authentications

Cons: It would be good to be able to create a default user template so that any new users submitting tickets are automatically given certain things (profile photo, address etc...)

• Reviewed on 04/10/2019
Michael S.
DevOps Manager
  • Reviewed on 11/04/2018

"Aside from a few missing features and occasional speed/access issues, a great and simple product."

Pros: Freshdesk is the simplest and easiest to use ticket system that I have come across. Its relatively simple to get up and running, and adding/removing agents (without affecting reports) couldn't be easier. There are a large number of plugins available, and we can create our own automation with their version of macros (for example, I have an email go out to the ticket creator if a ticket was created during off-business hours). In my experience, configuring such automatic replies and other simple reactive actions is much more difficult in other ticket system tools, and Freshdesk aces this. Other than that, I have never lost anything - nothing is better than reliability. We're approaching 100,000 total tickets, and accessing ticket number 1 is just as easy now as it was when we first rolled out the solution.

Cons: While there is a great amount of available plugins, I'd like to see more. Some rudimentary settings such as disabling users from the ability to "delete" tickets is not available - that should be a simple configuration setting. Better reporting functionality and customization would be appreciated, as there is not a ton of configuration settings around that. Change management functionality would be a huge plus.

• Reviewed on 11/04/2018
Mariano L.
Administration Manager
  • Reviewed on 02/12/2019

"Freshdesk is great!"

Comments: We moved to Freshdesk with the objective of improving our work experience and the communication with our clients. Freshdesk surpassed our expectations, it was really easy to apply to our workflow and customize it for our business.

Pros: Its simple to use and to customize to our needs. It has an atractive design and has a lot of functions and reports.

Cons: There is nothing that I can think of that I don't like.

Alternatives Considered: Redmine

Reasons for Choosing Freshdesk: Ticket and email automatization mainly.

Switched From: Redmine

Reasons for Switching to Freshdesk: Price-functions relation, overall design.

• Reviewed on 02/12/2019
Nicholas K.
Co-founder
Consumer Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/09/2018

"Robust Customer Support Management at the best price"

Comments: Great. Great. Great. No complaints thus far, save for the slight irritations noted above

Pros: After looking at several Support service providers (Zendesk, Salesfoce Desk to name a few). Feature for feature Freshdesk is one the most robust, if not the most robust service, particularly when used in conjunction with Freshworks services like Freshchat. the icing on the cake however is the pricing, the next closest competitor is almost double the price for substantially less features than we have with freshdesk and Freshchat combined.
It terms of usage, we have found it easy to work with, easy to customize (except for themeing - addressed in the cons), and easy to integrate into our applicatons and workflows. they have a great mobile app for support on the go and another app for Freshchat to engagee with customers and problems in realtime.
Their support team has been extrmely responsive whenever called upon. Great product

Cons: 1. They lack a robust selection of themes to customize the look and feel of your support portal. Even though customization is a straight forward process once you have your theme files "proeprly" created, creating them and getting the HTML and javascript components to play nice with the support portal functions is another story. I guess this is however by design as they do have some third party vendors available on their theme page who sell Freshdesk themes (plan on spending about $600 for a decent theme).
It would be nice of they had better clear documentation on creating themes for each view and maybe an smart or WSISYG editor which checks for errors.
2. Better information on integrating freshdesk for ecommerce use cases where order disputes along with order details can be pushed to freshdesk to create a ticket.

• Reviewed on 21/09/2018
Jonathan P.
Jonathan P.
Technology Director
Education Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/11/2018

"Best Help Desk System Hands Down"

Comments: Freshdesk has been an awesome product. It has saved our Technology Department countless hours in documentation and turn around time. It is also easy to setup and get up and running.

Pros: The best part of Freshdesk is that it is web based and they have a great mobile app that complements the software. It makes it extremely easy to have access to tickets at all times. They also have great features like canned responses and group ticket assignment. One of my favorite features is the custom ticket fields that can be created and then sorted in the system to give technicians an in depth view based on data like building/location - room/etc. The other huge advantage is that you can try the software for free with a decent amount of base features to see if it will work in your environment. You can then upgrade at anytime and carry your data over with you should you want to add some of the mid tier features. All around it is the best help desk system I have ever used and I have used just about every other vendor out there.

Cons: The only thing that I dislike about the software is the collision detection being a premium feature on the two highest packages. This should be included on all packages. Other than that though I cannot complain.

• Reviewed on 13/11/2018
Cristina R.
Operations Manager
  • Reviewed on 11/07/2018

"Freshdesk is critical to our business and customer communications and tracking agent activity."

Comments: Freshdesk is critical to our customer communications and agent accountability. Timing is critical to our business and Freshdesk helps us keep up with a high volume of quality customer communications as a small but mighty team. It also helps me assess each agents productivity so that we can set achievable goals for each person on the team and measure their success on factors other than revenue.

Pros: My favorite thing about Freshdesk is that it gives me very good insight into my agent activity so that I can come up with ways to motivate, reward and course correct my team. It has also come in handy to have recorded calls to look back on when needed.

Cons: It less of a systems issue than a personal issue, but Freshdesk is massive. I've been using it for almost 2 years and I feel like I've barely scratched the surface of the various functions. I'm a fairly tech-savvy person, but I feel like there are a few functions that just don't make sense to me. For instance the timestamps, I'm never quite sure if I'm viewing time stamps on reports and such in my time zone, in the time zone of the business, or in the timezone of the agent. I wish that I could better customize activity reports and the agent quests and badges to be more applicable to our work. It would also be cool if Freshdesk could make scheduling recommendations based on volume trends and avg agent productivity. Bottom line, I love FD but I need to spend more time exploring the functions.

• Reviewed on 11/07/2018