• Overall
    3.9 /5
    3.7 /5
    3.9 /5

About Campaigner

Advanced email marketing tools for medium & enterprise businesses to build powerful personal connections with their customers.

Learn more about Campaigner

Samantha L.
Font-end Designer
Internet, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/01/2021

"from Zyxel administer"

Comments: The product itself is fine, but the support and communication of your inner team is awful.
There is once that we are upgraded without informed. After communicating with the sales he said that he would offer the corrected invoice, but even though I wrote mails to ask for the invoice so many times, I can't get the invoice for three month therefore I can't fulfill the payment, and then I am banned for not paying.
There is also once that we are informed by the accountant that we didn't pay for two months and if we didn't pay right away we will be banned, but our payment duration is 90days, and it's been two years we followed it. I am blamed for your mistake twice this year and i'm really disappoint of your service.

Pros: easy to use.
Cover most function that we need.
Drag and drop save a lot of time.

Cons: RWD.
UI of administer.
The report after importing contacts is terrible. There is only the row number on the report and then i have to check the original mailing list to find the email myself.
Sales is difficult to find and inefficient.

by j2 Global on 28/01/2021

Hello Samantha and thanks for your valuable feedback, this certainly does help us to hone in on future updates so that we can ensure you are having the best experience possible. ^CP

• Reviewed on 20/01/2021
Anita C.
Admin Coordinator
Hospital & Health Care, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/09/2020

"Great product for the price"

Comments: Overall, it performs just as well as other software out there with a Canadian server.
The price is very good.

Pros: -Easy to use
-Intuitive
-Reports are comprehensive
-Contacts are easy to manage
-Lists (groups) are easy to manage
-Canadian user that needs data to be kept on a Canadian server and campaigner meets that need.

Cons: Sometimes, what you design in drag-drop editor isn't what gets sent out.

by j2 Global on 14/09/2020

Hi Anita,

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback and it is great to know that you are getting great use of our product.

I would like to look further into the item you raised about the Drag and Drop editor, please follow up with me at your earliest convenience.

• Reviewed on 03/09/2020
Katy M.
Research Assistant
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/11/2020

"Not the easiest to use"

Pros: Managing contacts and setting up subscription forms is fairly easy.

Cons: The design components of email marketing are difficult to use consistently. The emails display differently in desktop Outlook and web Outlook, and I presume other email programs. Random formatting issues such as extra bullets, strange font sizes, etc. show up in some emails but aren't visible in the program so there's no way to fix them.

by j2 Global on 02/12/2020

Hi Katy,

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback. We will definitely look into the concerns you've raised.

Allison, Content Marketing Manager

• Reviewed on 26/11/2020
Shaun B.
Management Consulting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/10/2020

"Brilliant Customer Support. Limited Functionality"

Comments: Campaigners customer support is in the absolute top-tier. I've been in the customer experience consulting and training business globally for over 20 years, and I can only think of one other company that is their equal. Years ago, we switched away from Campaigner to Survey Monkey. We switched back 8 months later. Survey Monkey's customer service didn't come close. Even though we don't need customer support often, we sure appreciate that Campaigner doesn't make you jump through hoops to get to someone who can help. Campaigner appears to have invested little, however in creating integrations with major platforms like Wordpress. Our subscription list suffers because of it. The support team is sympathetic, but their developers don't appear to care about it. It's too bad, because other than that, this is a world-class company.

Pros: Campaigner is easy to use, and doesn't require a lot of technical knowledge to get started (although it certainly helps). Their technical support team is fantastic, though, unlike most other SAAS. They actually have people you can talk to - and they are consistently awesome. We use it mostly for email marketing. The reporting is great, and everything (except for the 'cons' below) is pretty intuitive.

Cons: Campaigner is missing some critical functionalities that are becoming deal-breakers. Fairly simple things like integrations with Wordpress. One of the biggest gaps is the complete inability to easily create attractive sign-up forms for websites or popups. They have some templates - which are just, well, horrible.

Hello Shaun,

I wanted to thank you for your excellent and in-depth feedback. It is really great to know that our product and customer support team has been something that you can rely on.

Your feedback with regards to integration is also much appreciated and has been sent up to upper management.

Looking forward to serving your email marketing needs in the future, all the best.

• Reviewed on 06/10/2020
Jerry M.
PR Manager
Entertainment, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/08/2020

"A little learning curve, but powerful software"

Comments: We use Campaigner for numerous purposes, including marketing directly to customers, distributing information to vendors and other interested parties, and media outreach. We have found it effective for all of these purposes, especially since it can handle all of these without interfering with the others.

Pros: Ease of managing lists, importing from other sources, handling unsubscribes and reporting. Terrific customer support via chat and telephone.

Cons: Creation WYSIWYG tool can be a little frustrating, as the interface sometimes makes editing difficult (size of the working box inhibits cut-and-paste, moving elements up and down, etc.)

by j2 Global on 25/08/2020

Jerry,

Thank you very much for your detailed feedback about our product. I am happy to hear that our list management system is working to your satisfaction and that our customer support has been there to help you.

Your feedback about our WYSIWYG editor is also appreciated, I hope that you have had the chance to try our new drag and drop editor.

Please let us know if you need anything anytime.

• Reviewed on 14/08/2020
Sheren Z.
Marketing Coordinator
Real Estate, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/07/2019

"Commercial Real Estate"

Pros: I like the thought that was put into the little details such as, being able to put in a subject to any email link when linking to an image or text. I appreciate that because our Constant Contact account is very complicated when adding a subject to an email link.

Cons: It's a little complicated to use. I've had multiple issues adding and changing minor things to the blast. Sometimes you add a photo and boom its huge and you have to get in there and minimize it; sometimes you have to minimize the width and not the length. It's not as user friendly as Constant contact. The functionality of constant contact is very straightforward and consistent. For example, if you need to add an image somewhere to your blast, just drag the image icon to the area of choice; if you want to add a button, then just drag the button to where you like. We currently use both CC and campaigner and had thought of switching to campaigner which is why we started testing it out but cannot because we are very busy and need to be able to move through setting things up quickly. That's the thing holding us back from switching.

by j2 Global on 07/07/2020

Hi Sheren,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave this valuable feedback about your experience with Campaigner.

I am very happy to be able to address some of the points that you brought up about ease of design by letting you know about our new Drag and Drop editor with which you will have access to a plethora of templates to select from, but also the ability to customize the size position, etc of everything which is added. The best thing about it, in my opinion, is that each design produced in the Drag and Drop editor is always completely mobile responsive.

We would be happy to show you more about it anytime, it is enabled for all accounts.

• Reviewed on 17/07/2019
Ronald S.
General Manager
Broadcast Media, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/08/2020

"Using campaigner to support our ISP business and more"

Comments: Using email for marketing and customer support is here to stay. Campaigner makes it easy.

Pros: We use Campaigner exclusively for all support communications with about 300 subscribers to our Internet service at a large marina. We also use it for small business customers that we support with marketing and social media services. Easy to use and we have never had a complete failure.

Cons: The system has all of the features that we need, but the only (minor) issue is occasional "lagging" of website response and occasional apparently incomplete copying of an email campaign - we copy a lot for the purpose of sending the same email to new subscribers as they sign up to our Internet service. Sometimes the "subject line" of an email doesn't want to copy and be recognized as present in the copy.

by j2 Global on 01/09/2020

Hi Ronald,

Thank you for this amazing review! Happy to hear that you are having a great overall experience with Campaigner. If you ever want to tell me more about your experience, please feel free to follow up with me.

Thanks,

• Reviewed on 17/08/2020
Holly K.
Sr. Communications Advisor
Higher Education, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/08/2020

"Hotchkiss Brain Institute review"

Comments: Overall, I like using Campaigner. I have become more proficient with the software. I am EXTREMELY thankful for the tech support. I always get the help I need and they are professional, quick, and reliable. If the tech support was not as great as it is, I would possibly seek out a different software, due to the spacing/formatting issues that seem to happen in each of my campaigns.

Pros: I like the look of the finished product. It is quite professional looking. And once I got the hang of how to build a newsletter, I really liked it.

Cons: I found it difficult to learn how to best use the product. There tend to be spacing issues (usually too many spaces between articles) that I am unable to adjust and always have to call tech support to fix.

by j2 Global on 14/09/2020

Hello Holly,

Thank you for your feedback, its great to hear that you are making good use of Campaigner and that our support staff has been there for you.

The other feedback that you have provided will be brought up with out product and development team.

Hope that you have a great day,

• Reviewed on 31/08/2020
Shelley P.
Director of Marketing & Business Development
Retail, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/10/2020

"Campaigner makes preparing and distributing emails to large lists simple and fast"

Comments: Campaigner makes preparing and distributing emails to large lists simple and fast.

Pros: Creating emails and copying previous formats is easy. Creating lists and segments gives control over who receives your messages. The sorting and categorizing of contacts is easier than in other products that I have tried. Experiments make it easy to test various email formats and reports give insightful feedback.

Cons: I would like notifications when people unsubscribe so I can update my other lists. I would also like an easier way to re-send an email to additional recipients without it creating another email.

Hello Shelley,

Thanks very much for taking the time to leave this really nice review for us.

Wishing you all the best,

Judi B.
Retired realestate
Real Estate, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 19/10/2020

"Review on Campaigner"

Comments: Very good overall experience. Easy to get in touch with help.

Pros: Easy access to technical support when needed. Easy to send out

Cons: Making sure that ALL people in data base are included in items sent out. Would like to see some short cuts 8. Getting from one part of daily send out to another. Size of photos. Would be good to have an edit that. Hard to resize the number of pixels In photo

Hello Judi,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave this detailed feedback for us. It most certainly is valued as it helps us to continue to deliver a quality service to you.

Best regards,

• Reviewed on 19/10/2020
Cindi B.
Sr. Development Officer
Fund-Raising, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/09/2020

"Alumni Database"

Comments: I think Campaigner is a good tool for what we need and would be even better if we are able to auto load registrants from our website.

Pros: It allows us to track current/updated information for our alumni. And, it has been useful in sending Alumni e-newsletters, and invites to other fundraising events.

Cons: Our inability to auto load our alumni who sign up through our website.

by j2 Global on 25/09/2020

Hello Cindi,

So happy to hear that you have been using Campaigner to keep in touch with your alumni and that it has been a great help.

We would love to be able to assist with your contact import! There should definitely be something we can do to help with that. If you ever want us to look further into this and tell us more about your experience with Campaigner, feel free to reach out anytime.

• Reviewed on 08/09/2020
Amanda T.
Market Research, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/07/2019

"Quick and Easy to Use!"

Comments: We crossed over from another platform Streamsend, and the integration was very seamless. Was able to pick-up Campaigner pretty quickly with minimal support. Overall, thumbs-up. I enjoy this platform more then the former.

Pros: There is a great feature which I have not found on other platforms whereby you can upload lists separately and still send them as a part of the same campaign. Re-sending campaigns is also very simple. User-friendly for first time users.

Cons: There should be a legend for mail merge fields that shows if they are valid/ working and what they are mapped to. One of my campaigns did not send one time because I had incorrectly labelled the mail merge field and I could not figure it out.

by j2 Global on 16/07/2020

Hi Amanda,

Thank you for your review! We really appreciate this kind of feedback. I hope that our support team was able to help you with your merge fields, we try to ensure they are as user friendly as possible. If you need to reach out to us for further help with this please feel free to do so anytime.

• Reviewed on 29/07/2019
Douglas G.
Publisher
Media Production, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/10/2020

"Campaigner is a workhorse for us"

Comments: Very satisfied

Pros: Easy to use, reliable, better email news.

Cons: Wish the images would be easier to scale

Hello Douglas,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave this feedback for us.

Tim S.
Client Success Team Manager
Online Media, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/07/2017

"Campaigner has been my company's newsletter resell solution for over 2 years."

Comments: The ability to offer a newsletter solution to our clients.

Pros: The depth of Campaigner is very nice. They have a lot of tools and functionality that allow for strategic and detailed email marketing campaigns. Their customer support is responsive and ready to answer any questions one might have.

Cons: The dashboard, itself, looks a bit dated. I know that's only for backend users eyes, but there could be some updates to intuitive features, like drag and drop email builds.

by j2 Global on 06/09/2017

Hi Tim,

Thank you for taking the time to review our platform. We are happy to hear that our platform has the tools and feature to help you and your customers build effective email marketing campaigns.

We appreciate the feedback you provided about our dashboard, we have passed it over to our product team.

If you run into any issues or have questions do not hesitate to contact us! We will be more than happy to help in any way we can.

• Reviewed on 18/07/2017
Amy T.
Marketing Coordinator
Apparel & Fashion, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/10/2020

"Part of my Daily Routine"

Comments: I start every day with Campaigner and it has been a great way to reach our customer base and keep them updated.

Pros: Easy to send as many emails as I need and reaching specific customer bases. I use this every day and have little to no problems. The issues I have had are resolved immediately with the help of their great customer service team.

Cons: Occasional uploading issues which have been helped through with great customer service.

Hello Amy,

Thank you very much for your wonderful feedback.

Looking forward to serving your email marketing needs more in the future and wishing you all the best.

Lauren G.
Chief Community Officer
Financial Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/10/2020

"Functional platform, fantastic customer service"

Comments: We are administering a COVID-19 responsive loan program for small businesses and nonprofits left out of other funding programs, so it was critical to get the word out to interested organizations as soon as possible. A competitor flagged our first message as spam due to phrases like loan, get capital quickly, etc. and had no clarity on how to get this resolved as our phones rang off the hook with calls from organizations wanting this information. Campaigner made it easy to set up our messages, tailor segments for different audiences, and get the word out fast. Their customer service team was an absolute dream.

Pros: The customer service is impeccable. Responsive, helpful, and friendly!

Cons: The user interface was not immediately intuitive, but the customer service team and supportive knowledge base made it easy to implement our goals.

Hello Lauren,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave this wonderful feedback.

Ron K.
Automotive, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/08/2020

"Great alternative for ConstantC"

Comments: Overall good!

Pros: Easy to use, multiple choices so I chose it

Cons: Limits on photos saved and some won't delete

by j2 Global on 10/09/2020

Hello Ron,

Thanks for your feedback! I hope that you reach out to our support team so that we can help you with your image management.

Please reach out anytime.

Carlos, Campaigner Customer Marketing Manager

• Reviewed on 19/08/2020
Eric Z.
Shop Manager
Automotive, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/03/2018

"Very User Friendly"

Comments: Ease of use and track-ability on subject line options.

Pros: The ease of use is the best, the templates for all the holidays and situations rock. It is great how it integrates with our business Facebook also. The tracking features are wonderful, you can see the click rate for each link in the email. The duel subject line option works well. Really like the total package and customer service has helped us every time we needed it. The scheduled sends for future sales or events is a great tool to have.

Cons: I wish it had a spam checker like our old software, which would give you a (%) of spamminess and show you which words were causing the rating. Sometimes we run into glitches using Google Chrome along with spelling/grammar apps, but easily solved by using any other browser or shutting off grammar app.

by j2 Global on 27/03/2018

Hi Eric
Thank you for leaving a review of Campaigner.
We are so happy to hear of your success with our platform.

Thanks for the platform feedback as well, we have passed it on to our product team.

If you have any other suggestions or questions in the future please feel free to reach out.

• Reviewed on 22/03/2018
Louise A.
Office Admin
Real Estate, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/08/2019

"Things I feel should change"

Pros: I like that you can send to multiple agents at one time.

Cons: The program is not as easy to navigate as the previous "Streamsend" was. There are too many steps to take before you actually send your flyer. I am pretty computer savvy, so if I'm having trouble, I wonder how many others are??

by j2 Global on 16/07/2020

Hello Louise,

Thank you very much for your honest feedback, this is a great help to us so that we can continue to make improvement for our users.

Wishing you all the best,

• Reviewed on 05/08/2019
Bob H.
retired, volunteer for meeting notifications
Civic & Social Organization, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/02/2021

"Use of Campaigner after a 1 year break in meetings"

Comments: Last year and previously I was able to take the template we had developed and use it for our luncheon meeting notices. I think I can now do that again but it was not straightforward. I like Campaigner once I figure it out.

Pros: Keeps track of membership and statistics of who opened the email and clicked one of the links.

Cons: Designing a notice. After a 1 year break, I found the development of a notice aimed more at commercial groups and not technical societies. Trying to reuse a previous notice with edits for the next luncheon talk was not obvious. It used to be easier. The templates are not useful for notice of meeting for a technical society. The help section often leads me on a merry chase looking for information. A series of tutorials would help. I do not look forward to handing my position to a new person this year.

• Reviewed on 15/02/2021
Carolyn S.
Director of Operations
Financial Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/12/2020

"Easy to Use"

Comments: People who weren't ready to talk yet get the flyer weekly and have our contact information to call us for a chat when they are ready.

Pros: I like that we can set it and forget it. It keeps people in front of what we can offer them. They keep getting our contact information weekly.

Cons: It would be amazing to be able to pick from a multitude of article titles before it went out to clients. Even tweaking the content monthly would be nice.

by j2 Global on 14/12/2020

Hey Carolyn,

Thanks for your taking the time to give us a review. We're glad you've had a positive experience with us and we really appreciate your feedback.

Allison, Content Marketing Manager

• Reviewed on 08/12/2020
Suri T.
Communications Director
10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/11/2016

"Excellent product"

Comments: Well-structured, well-supported, and fully-featured. Campaigner has a vast set of tools to allow us to customize our emails with personalized information. The reports and analytics are best-in-class. We use this for internal communications in a large (10,000+ employees) company with offices spread across the U.S. I'd recommend taking with a grain of salt reviews from a person (who clearly posted twice) who is too disorganized/lazy to end their free trial. The fact that Campaigner gives s 30-day free trial is, by itself, a really good feature for those trying it out. Just make sure you're not too lazy to cancel if you no longer want the service.

Pros: Great feature set, easy to learn.

by j2 Global on 06/09/2017

Hi Suri,

Thank you for taking the time to review our product. We are so happy to hear of your pleasant experience.

If you have any questions or concern in the future please do not hesitate to contact us!
Have a great day!

• Reviewed on 11/11/2016
Carolyn A.
Marketing Manager
  • Reviewed on 24/05/2018

"Good enough to not shop around for other vendors"

Pros: reporting features are easy to access and compare with other emails we send out. That's all i have to say but there's a 100 character min requirement.

Cons: Design/templates more difficult to use/adapt than I'd want it to be. We have limited design experience for emails so we look for easy to adopt email layouts.

by j2 Global on 18/06/2018

Hi Carolyn,
Thank you so much for reviewing Campaigner.

We apolgize for the template issues, we are looking to add more templates soon that requires less work on the customers end. Keep an eye out.

If you have any additional questions please let us know.

• Reviewed on 24/05/2018
Wendy M.
Creative directore
Restaurants, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/10/2020

"Campaigner"

Comments: I am getting our messages out in a timely fashion

Pros: Easy to upload artwork and place images into the wireframe. Easy to add email lists and set timing for the campaigns to release out to the customers.

Cons: Difficult to edit the tables for the background layout. Wish is was more designer friendly and easy to just add fonts and looks. In all fairness I will take another tour of the site to be sure that I am up to date on any new features.

Hello Wendy,

Thank you for your valued feedback and review of Campaigner.

• Reviewed on 21/10/2020