15 years helping British businesses

About Therap

Web-based solution with training management, billing, and individual support modules for developmental disabilities support agencies.

Learn more about Therap

Pros:

I wish Therap offered more than just tracking the "negative behaviors. However, it is great for tracking meds and isp goals/community tracking.

Therap ratings

4.7

8.6/10

Therap has an overall rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars based on 73 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Therap before?

Tara
Tara
BS/QP in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11–50 Employees

Customer Support has changed

Comments: Therap is marketed well. The support levels have changed. As a superuser, I once was able to contact our support specialist and get a timely response. It is now more efficient to use the chat feature. However, some questions don’t get answers and I’ve had to contact them multiple times to get an answer. This has only happened twice but during an audit, time is crucial.

Pros:

Therap offers an amazing array of reports. It captures data well and has safeguards to prevent errors. The GER reports are thorough and help our team troubleshoot continued incidents.

Cons:

It’d be helpful to add reports based on age ranges and to be able to sort by a variety of commonalities (including dx). The formats changed recently and I was unaware of the impact these formatting changes would have on overall usability. At times it can take an extended time to get customer support.

Jennifer
Director of Compliance in US

8 years in and not regretting for one minute

Pros:

Simplicity for daily users but controls for admins

Cons:

TMS does not stand alone, you'll need a LMS or other way to track and present your training

Beth
Executive Director in US
Hospital & Health Care, 2–10 Employees

Very so-so

Pros:

It has capacity to do many different functions that are required for I/DD services.

Cons:

The interface and reporting functions are terrible. Customer service is quick, but doesn't always solve issues. Implementation is a bear and many processes remain manual. There were many promises and we feel it has underdelivered.

Steve
Director of Nursing in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 51–200 Employees

Therap Conference review

Pros:

The ease of accessing patient information

Cons:

Inability to add items to drop down lists

Tiana
Medical Records- QA in US

Therap Review

Pros:

Records/ quality assurance reports/ checks

Cons:

Customizations options in modules

Hospital & Health Care, 51–200 Employees

Great place for all your documentation

Pros:

It's nice to have all documentation in one spot. Back in the day you had big binders, little binders, historical files, etc. It saves so much time and energy to have everything in one spot.

Cons:

I wish that there was more functionality for clients as a group. For example you can't do GERs on an entire group home, you have to do six separate ones.

Sharon
Trainer in US

Love Therapp

Comments: I love it. I can't thing of anything it didn't cover. I love the new connect and hope to push this at my agency

Pros:

I love everything really, i love the many modules offered. I use the TMS the most as a trainer. It does my job for me

Cons:

In the last year, i have stepped up my use of therap. There is so much i want to learn, i get overwhelmed with excitement

Tammy
Information Technology Coordinator in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 51–200 Employees

Therap is Life

Comments: Overall, it’s been an exceptional experience, staff or easy to work with always informational and good at problem-solving, as well as I am very interested in Therap connect

Pros:

i like that they are always developing new products and new idea and features

Cons:

Not much that I don’t like about Therap

Kimberly
Director of Quality Management andCorporate Compliance Officer in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 501–1,000 Employees

Choose it!

Comments: Love it! We have been working with Therap since 2014.

Pros:

Incident Management moduel, screenshots, training videos, etc.

Cons:

To manu reports to pic from in the libary.

Mental Health Care, 51–200 Employees

A Promising & Integrative System

Comments: Great team. Willing to provide solutions to meet your needs.

Pros:

Therap has the funnctionality and adaptability that users need.

Cons:

There is a lack of Ad hoc reporting capabilities.

Abby
Assistant Director in US
Mental Health Care, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Therap - Have used product for 2+ years now

Comments: Therap overall is a VERY helpful product when working in a human services field. It lumps an incredible amount of service features into one program and streamlines documentation, health tracking, event reporting, etc. Their customer service department has worked with our agency extensively and always seems readily available to troubleshoot and problem solve.

Pros:

I work for a company that launched Therap as electronic documentation to replace paper logs. On the front end, it was HARD to roll this product out to a team of more than 1200+ employees. However, once staff and management are comfortable with Therap, is has MANY functional uses that have been irreplaceable, and it'd feel impossible to consider going back to paper. Some of the best features that I personally find most helpful as a member of management are: - being able to immediately access all health records, documentation entries, and vital signs in the event of an emergency and needing to reference such forms - being able to see if and when staff modified any documentation entries - seeing WHERE staff logged in from to complete documentation - being able to readily contact all staff via the Therap email system at any time - being readily available TO BE CONTACTED at any time via the email system

Cons:

Therap has extensive electronic systems that are just difficult to navigate on the front end. It took a substantial amount of time (meaning at least a couple of months) for our employees to feel comfortable with using this product. It is more difficult to train new employees to use this, and even harder to train employees who are older and less familiar with electronically based documentation systems. Additionally, occasionally there are unpredicted downtimes from the program where we are unable to utilize the system.

Lindsey
Quality Assurance aspecialist in US
Individual & Family Services, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Therap system

Pros:

development for specific state regulstion

Cons:

rollout, buy in & creating training resourcex

Individual & Family Services, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Therap is a user friendly platform that allows for service providers to do a mutlitude of tasks.

Pros:

The system is easy to use - for the most part. A user who is documenting services they have provided will find it easy to use as well as documenting notes. For those users who have more in depth permissions and access, I have found that the system is easy to use with proper training and guidelines. Often times users are able to navigate the different functions by being provided step-by-step guides on the task.

Cons:

While Therap is always open to feedback and enhancement ideas it does take them time to implement an enhancement they have agreed to. Additionally, when feedback is provided the responses from the company are generic and could easily be automated. Another con would be that the platform does not allow for the acknowledgment of hab plans.

Lisa
House coordinator in US
Mental Health Care, 201–500 Employees

GERs for behavioral support

Comments: Our organization needs more training on therap

Pros:

Organization utilizes the GER portion of therap on a daily basis as we provide services for medically fragile and highly behavioral individuals. Using the GER records data that can be used by other organizations to provide further support

Cons:

Learning how to use it was tedious and there has to be a curriculum which I am learning about during this conference

Barbara
Billing Specialist in US
Accounting, 51–200 Employees

Therap overall

Comments: Therap is very easy you just have to make sure you stay up to date and read read the therap updates

Pros:

The ease of using the therap team is very knowable on the different areas and when you have a therap staff that doesn’t know they find out or send you to someone that does

Cons:

Evv scheduling is not easy and when billing evv therap doesn’t decease the units on the authorizations

Tina
Area Supervisor in US
Individual & Family Services, 501–1,000 Employees

Therap makes life easy!

Comments: I use it daily and it helps me keep organized

Pros:

The fact that I can store all the information for the people we support in one spot and share that with their entire team makes my day to day easier so I can focus on the bigger picture.

Cons:

I haven’t found anything I dislike. I really enjoy what it helps me do.

Elizabeth
Vice President in US
Mental Health Care, 11–50 Employees

Love Therap!

Comments: Love therap we have only used it and from stories I hear I’m thankful for their team and making it worth my time

Pros:

I like I can run reports and have accurate information at the top of my fingers

Cons:

Can be too nested at times and could have more direct locations for things

Sheila
VP COO in US

Excellent EMR

Comments: Excellent service. Therap is always reaching out to check in or I can contact any representative for help easily.

Pros:

Easy set up and use, continued improvements

Cons:

Need ability to add larger files to some of the modules and need more storage capacity

Amy
Vocational Support Specialist in US
Human Resources, 51–200 Employees

Therap is a great tool

Comments: Therap is a great tool for documenting, billing and recording

Pros:

Ease of use, available support and easy to to find what is needed

Cons:

There are some modules that require extra training. Some users find it difficult. I love it though

Robert
Director of Operations in US
Individual & Family Services, 201–500 Employees

Therap - one stop for EHR in Human Services arena!

Pros:

We use this software daily for all of our electronic health documentation software. It serves us well as a service that improves efficiencies across the board. It has improved quality of care, managed risk, and compliance as well as reducing operating costs.

Cons:

The cost of additional modules along the way, some of these can be pricey and commitments made before long term evaluation can be made. We suggest extensive research before settling.

Krista
House Manager in US
Mental Health Care, 51–200 Employees

Therap conference 2024

Pros:

I like the easiness of use as a manager and training new staff to use it.

Cons:

No dislikes. I have new information to take back to my agency in hopes to make changes for an easier time on Therap.

Brantley
Finance Director Therap Admin in US

Excellent Product

Comments: It makes my job easier when having to gather data or run reports.

Pros:

Info at your fingertips. Easy to navigate the modules.

Cons:

More modules or data entry that allow you to attach photos. (ISP data collection)

Erica
Community RN in US
Mental Health Care, 11–50 Employees

Convenient

Comments: It helps me with beter communication and management of care for our clients.

Pros:

Extremely convenient and easy to use. Also the mobile app is great!

Cons:

I do not have any cons. The service is great.

Tammy
Director in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 201–500 Employees

Therap tracking

Comments: We have been using Therap for a number of years and they are helpful to ensure that their product produces the necessary documentation required by state funders

Pros:

Therap provides good customer service and tech support. They offer frequent in person trainings and knowledgeable reps to assist

Cons:

Some of the features are challenging to use

Becky
Program Specialist Manager in US

Therap Services

Pros:

It is easy accessibility to staff cross program. Assists with communication across programs.

Cons:

The need to log in and out after changes are made to see the changes.