• Overall
    4.5 /5
    4.6 /5

About Capsule

Capsule is an easy-to-use CRM that helps businesses stay organized, know more about their customers & build better relationships.

Learn more about Capsule

Showing 25 reviews of 117

Sheron S.
Health Insurance Broker
Insurance, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 23/11/2020

"Great Easy To Use Affordable CRM"

Comments: I have been using Capsue since 2017 and to date I have had no issues with the software even it was updated.

Pros: Easy to use. Price. Date Stamp. Search by name, keyword or phone number. You can up load documents to a specific contact. You can separate contacts using tags. Notes easy to edit. Beginner friendly. Generous Free account. It has an app that syncs perfectly with the online account.

Cons: So far the online has everything I need. I have no complaints. The app could add search by phone number. It would help when a client calls I could search the phone number and address them by name if they are found in my CRM the same way I do when working from my lap top from home

by Zestia on 15/12/2020

Hi Sheron,

Chloe from Capsule here. Thanks for taking the time to write a review about Capsule. We're glad to hear you're finding Capsule easy to use and love its features. You might be happy to hear that you can search phone numbers in the app. You can find out more about that here: https://capsulecrm.com/support/mobile-apps/capsule-mobile-app/#how-to-use-contacts-in-the-mobile-app. Also, if you have an iPhone we do have CallerID in the app. The Caller ID feature will display your Contact's name so you'll never need to guess who is on the other end of the incoming call - you can find out more information about Caller ID here https://capsulecrm.com/support/mobile-apps/capsule-mobile-app/#caller-id. I hope that help you out.

• Reviewed on 23/11/2020
David W.
Professional Training & Coaching, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/11/2019

"Quick and useful to get ourselves organised but the limitations are starting to show"

Comments: It's our 2nd management tool - the first one was overly complicated and this is quite simple
The Dropbox solution is a bit of a fudge but it works most of the time.
The tasks system and visual customisation leave a lot to be desired.

Pros: It's fast and simple, a young British company. which we wanted to support.
Its online and accessible on an app
It does a lot of what we originally needed

Cons: The tasks and the layout - lack of customisation - colours or icons - fields can be hard to identify at a glance.
Starts to get expensive with more users - if I could role out viewing to my whole team (no input) it would be handy - but i can't justify £300 a month
We no longer use the sales side - that didn't really work for our company - now just use the contacts, tasks, recording of data

Bill B.
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 14/09/2018

"Quick to set up and start getting results"

Comments: I've used Capsule for several years, as both a free and paid subscriber. It fits like a glove. Does what I need, doesn't force me into a different way of working, has been reliable (if it's ever been down, it wasn't any time I accessed it.) The company is actively developing it. I have used at least a dozen small-business CRM systems. Capsule is like my favorite pair of jeans -- it fits, never gets in the way, and makes me look good!

Pros: Capsule is a good fit for my business. I'm a sole prop. consultant. I need to stay on top of my relationships with each customer to exceed their expectations. With Capsule on my laptop and phone, I can refer to past interactions and update with new ones in real time. With Capsule, I can create my own custom "tracks", action step lists to follow for any process in my sales or support functions. I can create my own custom fields and color-coded tags. There are a good number of integrations with other web apps, you just have to see if yours is on the list. I use it with Harvest for time recording and Xero accounting. They also offer a good API. It took me an evening to write a script to copy every action logged in Harvest into the customer notes in Capsule. I have no use for the team collaborative aspects of Capsule so can't comment on them.

Cons: The only complaint I have is a minor one - I liked the calendar task view better before the recent update. Now I can't see all my tasks for the month at once, it truncates after 3 or 4 on any given date, and hides the rest. I can still view all the tasks for a day by clicking on it, but it's a slower way to reorganize on a grand scale.

• Reviewed on 14/09/2018
Rosi M.
Management Consulting
  • Reviewed on 19/03/2015

"Capsule: Simple But Powerful"

Pros: Capsule is flexible, easy to grasp, and fairly straightforward. But if you want to dig deeper and use all the features and strategies, you can absolutely get more out of it. It made the whole concept of a CRM come alive for me. It's also really affordable! Other CRMs are more powerful (and harder to learn) but there's no way our company could've afforded those.

Cons: I wish that they had a way to label an individual as being employed at more than one company, and recording past employers. A more detailed walkthrough of "cases" would be really useful, since that's what people ask me about the most (and don't seem to understand, for whatever reason). Also, it would be amazing if Capsule had tutorial videos on their YouTube channel, like a lot of other CRM companies do. Finally, user permissions would be nice (but not something that is a particularly sore spot--you get what you pay for).

• Reviewed on 19/03/2015
Internet, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/12/2018

"One of the best CRM solutions"

Pros: Many years ago before I used Capsule, I researched up and down different CRM solutions. Capsule was the most reasonable as far as pricing goes, and their interface and features is one of the best. It's a powerful CRM that allows a lot of customizations, which is what I need. I highly recommend Capsule! They're always listening to users and coming up with new features that make the CRM better and better through time.

Cons: Honestly, I don't really have much to complain about Capsule!

• Reviewed on 18/12/2018
Fritz F.
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/11/2018

"Great CRM for B2B relations"

Comments: Fantastic. Enter customer data once migrates automatically to xero for invoicing and manages our mailing lists in mail chimp.

Pros: Its easy to use free of feature creep that so many CRM suffer from. We are a B2B business and Capsule does everything you want it to do. The support is fantastic and really needs 10 stars not 5. Its easy to configure has all the integrations with Xero and mail chimp we need and its fast.

Cons: Some of the fields require opening and saving as opposed to modern just enter fields.

Nasr S.
Financial Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/08/2020

"Easy to Use For SME's"

Comments: I like it very much. Its user friendly and easy to setup. Customer service is first class. Just get some good canned reports set up and it will be great.

Pros: Its ease of use and setup. We were able to setup three users in very little time and get the results that we required. Importing data was easy and setting up custom fields and tags was no problem.

Cons: Reporting could use some depth. For example it would be useful to see customers contacted on a daily, weekly and monthly basis. A section with pre set but customisable reports would be nice

by Zestia on 18/08/2020

Thanks for taking the time to review us Nasr. It's great that you found Capsule so easy to get started with. With regards to the depth of reporting, my colleague Jade from the customer support team has been in touch to help you out with this.

• Reviewed on 04/08/2020
  • Reviewed on 27/04/2018

"Simple and smart CRM solution for startups!"

Pros: The interface is simple but modern and intuitive. The bundled mobile app is convenient on the go. Integration with Xero and Google suite is just perfect. It syncs with Google contacts, Gmail integration feels like it's built-in, no need to install and maintain pesky Chrome extensions! There's also Google tasks integration that we plan to explore. With Xero, we can sync customer information and manage it solely in Capsule. Invoices and overdue payments can also be seen in one place inside Capsule.

Cons: As a startup who explores and experiments with business processes a lot, changing requirements also needs fast solutions. Capsule integration with third-party apps is really good but not perfect. Capsule lets you use their app however you please and does not suggest best practices out of the box. This freedom can sometimes lead to a lot of research, analysis paralysis, and being stuck. We reached that point but customer support was so awesome that they went out of their way to walk us through the most viable solution available.

• Reviewed on 27/04/2018
Senior Business Consultant
  • Reviewed on 08/11/2018

"The perfect CRM for start ups and fast growing SMBs"

Comments: Capsule is one of the cornerstones of our sales organisation.

Pros: Good value for money, quick setup, reasonably customizable, easy to use. Good integration with G-Mail and Mailchimp.

Cons: Bulk editing was a bit weak for a long time, but got massively improved this year (2018).
Integration through Zapier with our accounting software Bexio doesn't support our use cases.

Socrates M.
Account Manager
Real Estate, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/07/2018

"Simple, straightforward, and powerful. Great for small teams"

Comments: The clean user interface and calendar tools / follow-up task management features are great to get things organized and your business focused on driving sales.

Pros: It's intuitive so getting your team on it and started won't be difficult, even if they're not tech savvy. The layout is clean and straightforward too - helps keep the focus on selling (your initial contact with prospects and the required follow up). Priced fairly too.

Cons: If you have a big team, you can probably find other alternatives for what it will end up costing you. The general features are great but once you move into more of the advanced stuff, it can be a headache - those who aren't tech savvy will struggle.

• Reviewed on 10/07/2018
Jessica A.
  • Reviewed on 03/11/2016

"Fantastic & Simple"

Comments: We started using Capsule about a year ago and are very pleased with it! Over time we were able to really adjust the softwares capabilities to our business process which has helped to streamline our efficiency. Our employees enjoy how simple and straight forward it is too. The capsule customer service team is always very helpful, quick to answer questions and very friendly. We have also suggested some features we would like to see and they are very receptive of that. It seems as though they are constantly working towards improving!

Pros: Very simple! Easy to learn.

Cons: Changing some of the fields to be customized would be great! There is a way to add custom fields but it would be nice to edit some of the already existing ones to be able to use our 'lingo' instead.

• Reviewed on 03/11/2016
Ashish D.
Head of Finance
  • Reviewed on 07/12/2019

"user review"

Comments: good for a startup to small size business.
not sure if it would stretch to bigger business due to limited functionality

Pros: easy to use
exportable data to finance package

Cons: limited usage
not multicurrency
not all data can be exported to accounts package from capsule

• Reviewed on 07/12/2019
Kelly M.
Administrator
Construction, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/01/2018

"User Friendly"

Pros: We like the way that Capsule integrates with Freshbooks as well as with Gmail. This is very useful for our business.

Cons: We would like to be able to have a way to job cost within Capsule and integrate that into the Freshbooks program.

• Reviewed on 11/01/2018
Richard C.
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 07/09/2017

"Invaluable"

Comments: Contact management.

Pros: Setting and completing tasks is easy. The link to iCalander is good. Tags are great. The link to Xero is good .

Cons: Cannot print the contact name, address and notes on one report. No sync to Unleashed inventory software.

• Reviewed on 07/09/2017
Nathaniel L.
Sales & Service Member Representative
Insurance, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/11/2020

"Great Secondary CRM"

Comments: Capsule was easy to set up, easy to learn and then train others on, and it’s very intuitive unlike other CRMs

Pros: Easy to use, intuitive easy to train how to use for new employees. Great powerful CRM tool. Has many robust features to make sure all my bases are covered.

Cons: Some features of high budget CRM systems are not present, like the ability to contact within the program.

by Zestia on 17/11/2020

Hi Nathaniel,

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review - we're glad you're finding Capsule so easy to set up and use.

• Reviewed on 13/11/2020
Wei lian H.
Financial Advisor
Financial Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 23/07/2020

"Capsule saves me a tonne of time in CRM"

Comments: Easy to segment client list

Pros: Tracks for tasks and projects ensure I'll never miss taking an important action for business

Cons: Small file size upload limit for the free plan

by Zestia on 03/08/2020

Hi Wei Lian, Chloe here from Capsule. Thanks for taking the time to write a review. It's great to hear how the Tracks functionality is helping you to keep on top of projects and tasks!

• Reviewed on 23/07/2020
Anastasia P.
Director of Product Management
Information Technology & Services, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/08/2020

"Great CRM tool for small business"

Comments: It has a free trial version. I would suggest to start from that.

Pros: It is easy to install and to use. Very customisable and adaptable for specific busiess needs. It integrates with other data apps.

Cons: The main issue can be pricing. It gets more expensive with more users. It may be that free version meets all business needs, if the number of contacts is under 250.

by Zestia on 14/09/2020

Thanks for taking the time to write a review Anastasia - we're glad you find Capsule easy to set up and to use. - Chloe, Capsule

• Reviewed on 29/08/2020
Sean M.
Management Consulting, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 02/11/2018

"Fantastic and affordable option"

Pros: This CRM features a few more bells and whistles than others, and you do pay for that but it's worth it. The Gmail integration and IOS app were what sold me. I exclusively use GMail for my business and it's nice to be able to interface between the two.

Cons: The free version limits you to 250 contacts, which is really not bad for a small time handyman like myself, but I imagine I'd had to sign up for the paid version sooner or later.

• Reviewed on 02/11/2018
Glen K.
Founder, President
Investment Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/10/2016
  • Reviewed on 07/10/2016
Digital Marketing Strategist
  • Reviewed on 03/10/2019

"Great and easy to use!"

Comments: It has helped improve the efficiency of our sales pipeline, allowed us to visualise this pipeline and been great at contact management

Pros: We love capsule and how easy it is to use. We used salesforce on a clients account and found it very difficult to use and learn. Capsule pricing is very fair and it is great with g-suite integration.

Cons: Capsule does have limited functionalities. The free version is also very limited as it is only available for 250 contacts or less.

• Reviewed on 03/10/2019
Rebecca H.
Real Estate, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/09/2020

"Capsule Review"

Pros: Very easy to set up
Easy and intuitive to use
It is flexible enough so that it can be moulded around a requirement or purpose, even if that function isn't immediately obvious.
The support staff are great at coming up with solutions and work arounds
Support staff are very quick to respond.
The close links with Mailchimp and Zapier are great and really easy to merge different systems.

Cons: You can't 'drag and drop' documents from the system to emails.
There's no 'pre-opportunity' stage - i.e. no way of registering an interest in a product (linking a client and product or organisation) without it being a formal 'opportunity' - there needs to be a 'pre-opportunity' facility to ease admin in the system.
There's no way of retaining a record of a meeting in the calendar.
There's no one to stand behind my husband and remind him to record notes in the system! :-)

by Zestia on 16/10/2020

Hi Rebecca,

Chloe from Capsule here. Thanks for your review - I'll be sure to pass on your feedback to our team. As for the pre-opportunity problem, you could use a Case for that and then you can link that case to an Opportunity if it does move into the pipeline. That way you can have a clear record of it, but it isn't impacting conversion rates or anything like that. You can read more about Cases here:
https://capsulecrm.com/support/projects-and-events/understanding-cases/. While you can't see your past tasks in the Calendar, you can go to the task list view and filter for completed tasks. Here you'll be able to see a list of everything that's been completed. While we can't put someone behind your husband and nudge him - you could set up a task for a certain time each day that recurs every week (5 recurring tasks), basically just as a prod to remind him to add notes? I hope that gives you some tips and if you need any extra support you can always reach out to us.

• Reviewed on 24/09/2020
Taryn S.
Brand Partnership
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/09/2020

"Not Ideal for a Charity CRM"

Comments: I think it is a fine program that didn't suit the needs of a national charity.

Pros: I think you you were using this software for school or a business that required registration of sorts it might be ideal but the marketing features were not strong enough for us. We used the program for 1 year and then switch over that had a better UX, marketing integration and that automatically process tax receipts.

Cons: The UX wasn't great. It wasn't intuitive for our team.

by Zestia on 01/10/2020

Hi Taryn,

Chloe here from Capsule. Thanks for taking the time to review us, we really appreciate the feedback. While we do have a number of charities using Capsule we understand it isn't the right fit for everyone - we're happy you've found another solution that works for you!

• Reviewed on 22/09/2020
Beth L.
Co-Owner
Individual & Family Services, Self Employed

"Best in Class CRM"

Comments: I originally acquired Capsule to keep track of customers, potential customers, task management, and event management for a coaching and education business. I continue to track coaching clients in the software, but now I primarily use it for event and task management for a grassroots nonprofit.

Pros: Capsule is a CRM system that delivers excellent support for a small cost. It is more customizable and has more features and greater ease of use than others in its price range. It was fairly easy to set up, customize, and learn using the provided guides and the responsive customer service team. It easily supports tracking of all actions related to an entity in one place. It has a number of built-in APIs for integration with email marketing tools and other applications. I really appreciate the task tracking, the ability to track potential customers through a customizable sales funnel, and the capacity for creating cases for tracking interactions with related to a particular person, organization, or project. I also like the ease with which I can create my own "tracks" for processes that I often repeat.

Cons: The things I would want in a CRM application that are not present in Capsule are all things for which I would expect to spend more money. For example, if I were to spend more money on a CRM, I would look for one that includes volunteer sign up forms and the ability for donors to manage their own profiles and track their own donations. It is a pretty simple tool, but again, very robust for the price.