Grade the health of your customers

Reviewed on 19/06/2018
Justin U.
Sr. Channel Marketing Manager
Hospitality, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: This tool really helps give visibility into customer health, in ways that may be otherwise untrackable. Its open API integrates directly into our software product, so getting data is relatively close to real time.

Pros: Totango help grade the health of your software product users. We use Totango to determine which users are return users, how often they use our product, and for how long. We can then campaign to users based on usability. It also has a marketing component built in.

Cons: Sometimes it takes a little digging to find the information you're looking for. It integrates to marketing automation platforms, but you need to use a third party software like Zapier to integrate.

Totango could be better. It could also be worse.

Reviewed on 11/02/2019
Web Developer
Hospitality, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I've been responsible for its use for a few years, and am not thrilled with this software. We use it to track for our account managers, and even they are frustrated by this.

Pros: I like Totango's ability to segment users based upon their health. I like the qucik automation and tracking of user actions. I like the hierarchy that is allowed for customers, though I wish this was more extensive.

Cons: I don't like that they can only have two levels of hierarchy short of extensive workarounds. I don't like that there are many fields which can't be rolled down, for some strange reason. Their focus on their slack integration instead of resolving basic feature requests is problematic. I haven't had the best experience with their support.

Totango for the daily user

Reviewed on 12/11/2019
Thomas L.
Customer Success Manager
Internet, 501-1,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: We have integrated a data system that allows us to see usage of our products by our customers and health of accounts across a number of factors. We use this to help with forecasting and staying in front of customers. We have also automated a number of our processes to kick off email campaigns when usage is low, when customers are behind in payment and when customers provide feedback. We have better engagement and faster payments.

Pros: Easy to use dashboards and integration with other software that we use. Simple to follow tasks and documentation tools. I really like the Segments section which allows me to run reports on a number of different data segments on my customers.

Cons: Members on our team each have more than 100 customers and the system seems more geared towards teams with smaller bases but more touches/deeper dives. We manage with it but thinking we are not using all the tools available .

Not the best out there

Reviewed on 08/07/2019
Balarka H.
Director, Customer Success
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: Customer SuccessFlows can be a good tool to track your customers and health mixes.

Cons: It's overly expensive and needs tremendous amount of customization to fit your needs. Not really an easy way to seamlessly fit your requirements

Much better Reporting that's saved me time

Reviewed on 21/08/2019
Customer Success
Information Technology & Services, 501-1,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Totango has helped me stay on top of poor health accounts that need more attention. It's also helped me forecast what accounts I think are renewing, cancelling, upgrading or downgrading. I like being able to see what accounts have been reached out to by support or sales too that way there's no overlap when I reach out.

Pros: Easy reporting/able to make segments on almost everything I need to track. Love the health score because it helps me know where my attention should be for accounts in poor health.

Cons: There's been a couple times where Totango has done some updates that our team did not like such as the new Tasks not showing all the Icons, rather it's in a drop down.

Great generally for overall customer health

Reviewed on 14/02/2019
Head of Global Operations & Customer Success
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: provides a great general overview of portfolio health

Pros: very easy to use, gives a great general idea of overall customer health of your portfolio at a glance

Cons: Of course sometimes its not accurate and the integrations require a lot of tweaking and work to get right. You need a subscription to a 3rd party tool like Zapier for example

Gets the job done

Reviewed on 13/11/2019
Senior Customer Success Manager
Computer Software, 501-1,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: Totango has helped us run interesting segment reports of customers and better evaluate their risk levels with the aid of automation.

Cons: Tons of software updates that don't actually help - make the day to day workflow more complicated. Very difficult to view timeline of conversations - takes way too many clicks.

Great tool for Customer Journey Insights

Reviewed on 09/03/2018
Sr. Manager, Marketing Analytics & Operations
Real Estate, 501-1,000 Employees
Customer Support

Pros: Totango gave us a lot of different, integrated data points to understand how our interactions were impacting our new and existing customers. The platform was easy to set up and initial use was pretty seamless as we got started.

Cons: Out of the box functionality is great but you do you have to work with their tech and onboarding team pretty closely when it comes to integrations and customizations of the data views and communciation inputs.

Helpful, relatively easy to use.

Reviewed on 11/06/2018
Account Executive
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: The health Icon is a great way for sales and customer success reps to keep track of a big book of accounts. The ability to build reports, tier accounts by health and dollar value. Over an easy to use tool that makes working with a lot of customers better!

Cons: Building a report is not as straightforward as it could be. There is a lot of work internally to customize for our team. Definitely, need a good amount of training to be an expert.

Totango Review

Reviewed on 03/09/2019
Customer Success Manager
Computer Software, 501-1,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: I how easy it is to customize some aspects. I like the ability to create segments. I like the ability to create pins and tags.

Cons: The health score isn't always a good indication of what the health of the account is.

Nice monitoring

Reviewed on 22/08/2019
CSM
Information Technology & Services, 501-1,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: Good control over my book of business to catch issues.

Cons: New releases aren’t that smooth and need refinement.

Very useful for sales teams

Reviewed on 04/06/2018
Account Executive
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: Totango is user-friendly, especially for an overall non-technical user base. The data in Totango allows both the pre- and post-sales teams at my company to better collaborate, have insight into accounts, and overall give me a snapshot of the customer so I can best focus my time.

Cons: Some of the data can be misleading or incorrect. For example, some clients that show as "green" or "yellow," meaning they are utilizing my product heavily, are not in fact doing so. This is the exception to the norm.

Totango is an awesome engagement measurement tool

Reviewed on 05/03/2019
Leighann R.
AE
Aviation & Aerospace, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: Totango is easy to run reports and send to clients. It is fully integrated with our CRM which enables me to get quick insight at a glance before calling a customer.

Cons: I wish it could self gen reports that would be client facing!

Tracking customer insights

Reviewed on 06/05/2019
Aleena R.
SDR
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: Totango provides multiple data points for a particular customer journey. Really love the 'health status' as it helps track activity levels of leads and narrows down the focus on different customer groups

Cons: Have not experienced any negatives so far

Reviewed on 07/04/2016
Anne therese K.
VP of Customer Success
Internet, 13-50 Employees
Customer Support

Review of Totango A Real-time Customer Engagement Platform for Online Businesses

Reviewed on 14/06/2012
Rakesh S.
Customer Support

Comments: Enough has been said about increasing customer engagement on the web. Totango is an excellent tool that enables you to track and measure this metric. Using this tool, you can make informed decisions and craft successful strategies for your application. To be sure, this is one dance you will not regret!

Pros: Great way to attract new customers and convert existing ones

Cons: The installation process could be simpler

Totango Review

Reviewed on 05/01/2017
Alex L.
Customer Support

Comments: We have recently tested out Totango for customer lifecycle management and have been impressed by the ability to set up health indicators and both report on progress and provide our sales agents with a funnel for conversion and customer activity.