Filter by:

• Overall

About eFileCabinet

Reach new levels of efficiency in your department by using eFileCabinet to automate routine processes, protect sensitive data and more

Learn more about eFileCabinet

Rocky L.
Enrolled Agent in US

Multiple Locations

5 2 years ago

Comments: This helped us mange our files better and more efficiently. It assured with the accessibility of files for everyone in the organization. Opening over multiple states this is a must.

Pros:

What we like most about the software is the accessibility from multiple locations and ease of use.

Cons:

It is a little hard to mange on your phone. Not impossible but takes some getting used to for old eyes.

last year

It's awesome to hear that you love the ability to use eFileCabinet in multiple locations across multiple states! We strive to help your business be more efficient! Thanks for leaving us your feedback, we truly value you as a customer and are grateful for the review!

Jacqueline D.

Great storage option!

5 5 years ago

Comments: I do love the integration between other software and eFileCabinet so that you can easily bring in the documents. Over the years that I have had eFileCabinet, I have really liked it, however, the pricing is getting a lot more expensive. Also some of the features, I have had a bit of trouble figuring out how to use. Some are features that I only use once in awhile as so I forget hour to use them - like purge, unpurged, and templates. But overall the software is great, just getting a bit pricey.

Pros:

Love the sync with SecureDrawer!

Cons:

Trying to use some of the features - Templates is a big one, I set up a couple of templates awhile ago, but I remember it was not the easiest thing. I now need to edit those templates and don't have the time to dig in to see how to do that. Also, I do not understand how to CHECK OUT something, edit it and put it back. I am always having to save it on my desktop and re-import. Also, it would be nice if you could put notes right on the document or at least make the notes more visible. Right now with the notes being on a separate tab they do not stand out that there are even notes there so that is a bit frustrating. Also, I have an old client that has now come back and started working with me. I set their file to purge and cannot seem to get the purge off of the file, so I am going to have to manually pull all the documents out and create another file. Also, it is getting quite expensive for a small business like mine. I am going to have to, unfortunately, look into other alternatives.

Haszilah A.
Haszilah A.
Administrative Assistant in Malaysia
Telecommunications, 10,000+ Employees

dFileCabinet user review

4 6 months ago

Pros:

The application is quite simple to explore and operate. Our industry necessitates massive volumes of documentation, stringent compliance requirements, and excellent management skills. Having e-FileCabinet makes it easier to maintain track of documents and discard hard copies of outdated documents from previous projects. Another feature of the application is that it allows anybody to have unrestricted access to the necessary papers. Logging into our account and finding what we need is a breeze. Another feature that I like is the option to specify which drawers are included in each directory when it is built. This makes it much easier for us to arrange our operations.

Cons:

What I dislike the most about the service is that a few times, the PDF file format did not upload correctly and would not download when retrieved at a later time. However, we haven't encountered any problems with the application other than this one.

Priscilla M.

Finding documents

5 2 years ago

Comments: Ease of retrieval, ease of filing, quick review of documents in a file. We have a client portal as part of our web site so we don't use the secure drawer feature.

Pros:

I love the OCR feature. If I know I've written an article or written a letter to IRS on a subject and I don't remember who the client was or when the article was written, putting in the key words brings up the appropriate documents. It is easy to re-title documents and storage is easy. We have e-file cabinet icons on excel, word and e-mail. Just click on the icon when you want to file something and it brings you to e-file cabinet, select the correct file and click save and your done. I am from the paper filing era and the time savings on not having to locate misfiled documents is a cost savings for the firm. We scan all documents as they arrive and because we have a standardized naming convention, everyone knows what is available. It is also easy to drag and drop if you receive a pdf.

Cons:

We have a file structure that uses cabinets for current clients and former clients and it is not as easy as some of the other operations to move drawers.

2 years ago

It's so great to hear how the OCR feature is able to help support your role, and we love to be a part of your business's success! Thanks for taking the time to leave us this wonderful review!

Will B.
accountant in US

Thoughts after using EFC

4 3 years ago

Comments: We switched from SmartVault to EFC. First off, their tech support people are really helpful and so far we have been extremely satisfied with them. Upon getting our EFC database set up on our server we were hit with a slew of problems. First was an issue with the way the SmartVault data was transferred. When going through the purchasing process of EFC the sales person made it sound like EFC tech people were very familiar with doing a SmartVault conversion, but after doing the process it was very obvious that they did not know what to do in terms on (1) how to get the data from SV and (2) how to re-arrange the data so that it imports correctly into EFC.
So, after we got EFC going we had them do some re-arranging of our data on our server so it worked properly which took a while to find the solution on how to fix it. Then a week after that we ran into more issues about something corrupted on our server-side database. That took another week form them to figure out a solution and finally get it fixed. Now, we are still having issues with another problem about SecureDrawer that they are working on, but as of waiting 3-4 days after opening a ticket they don't have a timeframe on fixing.

Pros:

I like that the software is available to be hosted on our dedicated in-house server because we don't trust our client's data in the cloud.

Cons:

I don't like how you cannot edit pdf's within the program. For example, you cannot permanently rotate or delete a page within a pdf document without having to pay for a 3rd party pdf editing program. Our employees don't particularly enjoy the user interface that shows the folder and document structure. It was a big change from Smartvault where the client list is on the left-hand side of the screen and then the rest of the screen contained the drawer folder structure and the documents within those folders. In EFC you are forced to select a folder to view the documents within that folder, but you are unable to view documents in two separate folders at the same time.

3 years ago

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us this feedback. We appreciate your patience and trust in us as we resolve some of the issues you have had and are excited about some future updates that will create an even better, smoother user experience.

David O.
Pres in US
Accounting, 2-10 Employees

Great storage for a small CPA firm

5 3 years ago

Comments: After the collapse of DMS from Lacerte we tried one other program (a disaster) before we found Efile Cabinet.

Pros:

Easy to organize and standardize your file cabinet can look like you want it to. With standardized naming conventions, folder structure and retention features you can automate your files. We love the open, edit and save features of the program. Search the entire cabinet for lost files by name and date. Encrypted for your clients protection and big enough to store over 5,000 clients with almost 20 years of records.

Cons:

The search function has slowed down with the latest software update. I cannot drag emails from out look to the cabinet. I have to drag them to the desktop first. Sometimes when you create a new folder for a client it creates 2 with the same name. The secure drawer portal is difficult to work with. (my client who is a computer programmer complained about it) So we switched to Secure File Pro for a portal.

3 years ago

We're happy to hear that you have enjoyed the security features of our system and that it's helped to provide protection for your clients. We are excited to have some future updates coming that will improve the user and client experience even more, and look forward to continuing support for your business. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review!

Colleen M.
CPA in US
Accounting, 2-10 Employees

Keep it simple and convenient

4 3 years ago

Comments: We are a CPA firm, concentrating on tax preparation, consulting and planning. With eFC, there is no more
time consuming hunting for the right folder, no more cumbersome paper files to manage and store. We converted several years ago and have never looked back with nostalgia to the old days! Now we can wow our clients with easy, quick access to their information and that impresses them and makes our days happier and less stressful.

Pros:

eFileCabinet has made our lives so much easier and our client service much more efficient. Any staff member can look up a client's info. When a client stops by with an additional document or sends something to us by email, it is a quick and simple process to file the new doc.

Cons:

Much as we love the simplicity and ease of using eFileCabinet, it sometimes feels as if the programming is not quite keeping up. Files will lock up occasionally. There has always been a simple work-around to any of the little annoying problems that arise but who wants problems ever?

3 years ago

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We are excited to hear that eFileCabinet has helped make your lives easier and your client service more efficient. We look forward to continuing to support the success of your business in the future with some new updates that will improve the user and client experience even more.

Jesse Z.
QUALITY CONTROL in US
Accounting, 11-50 Employees

Functionality & Ease of Use is the Name of the Game

5 2 years ago

Comments: We can easily access, analyze, and print out any needed document at any workstation as needed. This functionality makes Efilecabinet very valuable to our company. I have had very good experiences getting technicians when needed except on a few occasions when demand is very high. Each tech is knowledgeable and does a quick and efficient job of getting us back on track. We have been using your software for 6 or 7 years with little downtime or problem.

Pros:

Everything! It seems that all of our employees find Efilecabinet to be very easy to use, and that the functionality of it does everything we need it to quickly and efficiently. Using the EfileScanner makes moving documents into Efilecabinet so quick and easy that even new personnel find it a joy to use. Having all our important documents so readily available and kept secure is a strong value of this software. We have over a Terabyte of documents saved in Efilecabinet and know that documentation is safe.

Cons:

It seems some Windows updates have a bad habit of destroying our scanner application files so that I have to call in every once in a while on some employee computers needing to have a technician delete and reinstall parts of the scanner operational files in the Hkey area of Windows.

Linda E.
Registrar in US
Education Management, 51-200 Employees

eFileCabinet is a great answer to document storage!

4 2 years ago

Comments: I now have at my fingertips all the documents I could possibly need! Instead of having to go to a different office to look in a file or go downstairs to the archives to find a document - I simply go to my cabinets and quickly pull it up! This saves me a lot of time and effort!

Pros:

I have set up my cabinets and draws just as if they were sitting in my office. It's logical and easy to use. Since I keep student records I have one cabinet that has all the transcripts from the time the school opened until the present. Then I have individual cabinets for each graduating year with students in alpha order with the documents that we must keep forever. It's soooo easy to quickly find a student or a specific document.

Cons:

When it has been a few days since I went into my eFileCabinet I find that it takes a bit for it to get 'warmed up'. Navigating between cabinets, drawers or documents can be very slow. If I'm uploading a new document, it can act as though I didn't drop and drag the document and instead of immediately showing me that the document is there, I sit and wait and wait. Then, I'll try to upload again and find that now I have two of the document and must delete one. Other than that - it works great for me!

2 years ago

It's great to hear how you have been able to set up eFileCabinet to work exactly the way you need it to for your business, thanks for taking the time to leave us this review!

Bill J.
President in US

Began with eFileCabinet when I began Financial Planning

5 last year

Comments: It was acceptable to FINRA & SEC, where as the Thompson Reuters File Cabinet Solutions was not and I had used FCS for many years before going to eFileCabinet. I went on-line as soon as I could and have enjoyed the use ever since and upgraded to Rubex and that is working fine as well.

Pros:

Cons:

There were some functions of the Desktop version that I wished worked on the On-line version. I use to be able to drag a PDF file over to the Rubex but now I have to drag it over to the desktop first then drag it into Rubex. Please bring that back.

11 months ago

It's great to hear more about how you use eFileCabinet for your business, thank you for sharing your experience with us and leaving us this review!

Troy d. o'dell P.

E-filecabinet

4 2 years ago

Comments: My biggest positive for this sofftare in general is that it is in the cloud and saves me from having local computer crashes and data loss. I can also access the database from home or anywhere I want or need to which is convenient. I also have an employee that works from their home and this works out well for this.

Pros:

I was forced to leave my other electronic workpaper program as they discontinued use. I liked this software because it functions similarly to what I was using before. It is easy to use.

Cons:

I had a desktop version before moving to the cloud and had several major problems with that version as it corrupted on my computer several times and did not automatically index to a cloud backup. That was in 2015. Since moving to the cloud after that it has been very good.

2 years ago

We love to hear that the cloud version of eFileCabinet has been so successful with helping your business and providing you with the flexibility you need for protection and having employees work offsite. Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us this review.

Tamera G.
Office Manager in US
Security & Investigations, 11-50 Employees

Info at my Fingertips

5 2 years ago

Comments: Everyone can access a room full of file cabinets from their desktop. We used to take the customer's phone number and then go pull the file, look through 20 years of papers to find the one we were looking for, then call the customer back. Now while on the phone we can look up the information which is filed in each client's folder by category and then date, and relay the info all within seconds.

Pros:

Information for over 10,000 client's accessed instantly. I don't have to leave my desk to hunt down a folder. No more hours of standing in the file cabinet room to file each week.

Cons:

Some of the actual software is hard to use on the administrative side. Making templates or customizing is not so easy and is time consuming.

2 years ago

It's so great to hear how eFileCabinet is able to help your business support over 10,000 clients! We're excited to be a part of your team and look forward to providing you with continued support for the success of your business. Thanks for taking the time to leave us this review!

Ira K.
cpa in US
Accounting, Self Employed

efc review

4 3 years ago

Comments: run a very good operation over there.

Pros:

First off the customer service is phenomenal!...Enthusiastic employees who have a comprehensive knowledge of their software. The software is very good as well. If you don't use a document manager, this software will lower your blood pressure 10 points and let you take a 2 week vacation that you couldn't take before.

Cons:

the older version let you see everything date sorted, now the newer version not have that....also when you upload to the newer version the prior dates that created pdf are obliterated...that's bad!!......also older version used to have a store again feature..........would get big points if you incorporated a to do list into the program.....dm of intuit does that.

3 years ago

It's great to hear that our software lowers your blood pressure and allows you to take vacations! We strive to provide great service and value to our customers and love to support their success as individuals and as a business. Thanks for leaving this great review.

Rich S.
VP in US
Construction, 11-50 Employees

Not Feature Packed But Reliable

4 last year

Comments: It meets our online file storage needs desktop sidekick app could use some more features but overall good product.

Pros:

its reliable, lots of space, iOS support

Cons:

No way to flag items into categories (red,blue,yellow etc...) No way to remind you about item/file No CRM integrations No To Do or calendar/Team collaboration

11 months ago

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this review, we appreciate the feedback!

Sid K.
Lawyer in Canada
Law Practice, 2-10 Employees

efile review

4 3 years ago

Comments: very efficient and useful. Excellent experience with this program

Pros:

It truly is just like a filing cabinet. You can store everything in its native format and retrieve quickly with date or word searches. Storing emails in native format is particularly useful because you can always review to see what attachments are with the email. Drag and dropping files from one screen into efile which we locate on a second screen is intuitive because it is just like taking a piece of paper or document and placing it in a file. Efile has reduced the amount of paper and filing

Cons:

I wish efile had a arrow back button that would take you back to the previous screen.

3 years ago

Thank you so much for leaving us this review. It's great to hear that our product has been able to help you reduce the amount of paper and filing your business does. We look forward to providing you continued support for the success of your business.

Adam B.
Adam B.
Chief Executive Officer in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 Employees

Great Platform for Date Keeping

5 3 years ago

Pros:

We love the ease of the software. The employees and I are able to maneuver easily through the program and locate everything we need to find. We like that it alerts us to check the files back in if we happen to leave them open while working on another project. Additionally, we enjoy the scanning features to be able to speed up the process of data entry.

Cons:

It took awhile for us to get our efile scanner setup. We were not able to set it up ourselves, we had to contact the support desk, however, in the end we got it set up, and have no issues.

3 years ago

Thank you so much for leaving this review. It's great to hear that you enjoy the scanning features and that our services have been able to help speed up data entry for your company. Our customer success team is always here to support your needs if you have any further questions or need further assistance. We're excited to continue support for the success of your business.

Bill T.
Partner in US
Accounting, 11-50 Employees

Review

4 3 years ago

Comments: Great experience

Pros:

It has organized our business tremendously. We have eliminated 2,400 sqft of storage space, perfected offsite backups of documents, and saved ourselves hours of production time from the ease of searching for documents needed.

Cons:

Have had some issues with recent updates that required downgrading to previous builds, which was both frustrating that we could not utilize improvements and time it took to downgrade. I would like to see more product training than rush to push out unfinished improvements.

3 years ago

It is awesome to hear that eFileCabinet has been able to organize your business! We strive to provide the best in value and service for our customers, and with some upcoming updates and features we hope to be able to provide better support for the continued success of your business. Thank you for choosing eFileCabinet, and for taking the time to leave us this review!

Dasha J.
Financial Assisstant in US
Financial Services, 2-10 Employees

A Folder For Every Need

5 last year

Pros:

EFile's Rubex integration makes it incredibly easy to import large numbers of work-related documents, and with the correct pathing set up, will even title them appropriately for filing purposes. It's a great feature that I haven't seen elsewhere, and it's a great help when things need to be sorted quickly during the busy season.

Cons:

Setting up pathing for re-naming documents can be a bit difficult, and at times the program runs slowly (mostly when it will cause the most inconveniences, but that happens with most programs) or won't show a preview. It'd also be better if it would tell you that another user had checked out the document before you tried to open it and went to a mode that was preview or download only until the other user checked the file back in, but otherwise, it's not too terrible.

11 months ago

It's great to hear how you use eFileCabinet to help support your busy season, thanks for sharing your experience with us! We appreciate the review!

Adreanny F.
Office Admin. in US
Maritime, 2-10 Employees

This is better than paper copies

5 2 years ago

Comments: I don't have space in my office for cabinets and we handle a lot of important information that can't be expose, all my files are safe and I don't need a cabinet that reduces my office space.

Pros:

It is so easy to use, i can fins a document and a few seconds, my bosses are impressed, keeps every document, important or not, all organized, we reduced the paper copies considerably.

Cons:

It is nothing that I don't like about this product so far. But I just need to know if is any way that I can check my files from another device, I understood that all the files are safe in the cloud, so in case that my server got damaged I would like to know how I will be accessing to all my efile cabinets?

2 years ago

It's so great to hear that you love using eFileCabinet, we are grateful to be helping serve your business! Thank you so much for leaving us a review.

Phil S.
Sr Customer and Product Support Engineer in US
Aviation & Aerospace, 51-200 Employees

Does exaclty what we need it to do

5 2 years ago

Comments: It is very intuitive software to use and very robust revision control on the files stored in it.

Pros:

We use it as an engineering document management system to store revision controlled engineering documents and it does a great job. Could start importing file immediately. Very intuitive on how to set up Cabinets and drawers and load files into them.

Cons:

There are not any workflow actions in the Toolbox that address our unique use of this software so we need to have a process outside of eFile Cabinet to manage the approval process of making a change to a document.

2 years ago

It's great to hear that you find the eFileCabinet platform intuitive! We're excited for some new features coming soon that are going to improve the user experience even more, and we can't wait to help support the future success of your business. Thanks for taking the time to leave us this review!

Deb G.
Paralegal in US
Law Practice, 11-50 Employees

Good product

4 2 years ago

Pros:

Very easy to use and find documents/material. Ability to set it up personal for your own specific use is nice too.

Cons:

Does not handle large documents or images well.

2 years ago

It's great to hear that eFileCabinet is easy to use, thank you for taking the time to leave us this review!

Julie D.
OFFICE MANAGER in US

Great Storage Cabinet

5 2 years ago

Comments: We are a tax company and our client's information is highly sensitive and it is extremely important, especially while emailing. Efile cabinet allows me to password protect their file and email easily. I then am able to document in the comments section when and who I emailed.

Pros:

Whether you are using this product for just yourself or your entire company, this is the storage for you. Efile Cabinet is extremely easy to use and retrieve information from. I love the fact that I can save a file, then email it to the client and put into the notes who I emailed it to and when.

Cons:

There is not much I dislike about Efile Cabinet.

2 years ago

It's so great to hear how much you love eFileCabinet and that you find it easy to use! We love being able to support your business. Thanks so much for leaving us this great review!

Laura M.
Marketing Communications Manager in US
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 Employees

A good option for a repository of information (with some challenges.)

4 2 years ago

Comments: It has helped us organize our products and subsequent information into an easy database.

Pros:

I like the ease of putting the data items (pdfs, word docs, drawings, powerpoints. etc.) into drawers and folders by dragging and dropping. As an admin I can easily access the information, but end-users have difficulty seeing what they are accessing because they are all separate line items

Cons:

It is difficult to assign folders to end-users. You have to manually find an end-user by specific email address or name...would be nice to see all guests alphabetically or just assign folders to an end-user profile page...just tick off all of the existing options. An admin CANNOT remove options that isn't applicable to the particular application. For instance, my end-users do not need to have access to instant messages within securedrawer and they still do...so they send questions to us which go unanswered. There are still problems when a person uses Internet Explorer. The information loading takes forever and you cannot tell it's loading.

2 years ago

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us this review, we really appreciate the feedback!

Carla H.
CPA in US

eFileCabinet Review 2-9-19

4 3 years ago

Comments: We are required to keep records for clients for 10 years so it has really made it easier to find information in old files without digging thru various old paper files. It has saved us in time and costs by not have any paper storage costs and maintenance anymore.

Pros:

It is easy to use and understand and organize our records. There are also various ways to find any documents in your cabinet without having to remember which year or title you named it.

Cons:

It is somewhat difficult to set up new templates. Once they are setup, they are easy to apply to your drawers but cumbersome to setup.

3 years ago

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. It's great to hear that we've been able to provide a solution for your business to store documents for the required length of time, and we're happy you find the system easy to use.

Matthew M.
Senior Operations Manager in US
Insurance, 51-200 Employees

Extremely Valuable Tool!

5 2 years ago

Comments: My company did not have a uniform way of organizing our documentation. Everyone had the same documents, but different versions, which was a nightmare. That's when I found eFileCabinet, and started the trial. It's so easy to use, and great for keeping staff abreast of the latest revisions to plan coverages. No more having to worry about people not having the correct, or outdated information. Being able to search for documents has ceased to be a chore. Look forward to having it full-time, once I get approved by the company!

Pros:

It would have to be making my own cabinets and controlling who see them. It's imperative I have everything organized so I can quickly find the information needed to assist a team member with a claims decision . EFC allows me to have that organization and I am grateful for it. eFileCabinet gave me a level of organization that I have sorely needed.

Cons:

The only thing I found lacking was the various file types it supports. While the standard Office ones are all there, customers send things in all manner of ways, and not all are supported.

2 years ago

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this review, it is wonderful to hear how eFileCabinet has been able to help you keep things organized and that you love the customizability options. We look forward to providing you with continued support for the success of your business.