The best product with the worst service

Reviewed on 18/06/2019
Ines C.
Assistant Revenue Manager
Hospitality, 201-500 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: It is amazing until there is an issue!

Pros: User friendly channel manager that links to the main partners. Efficient and fast communication. Very good tool to keep parity across the channels. Refresh restriction and rates as fast as our direct website. Functionalities are great!

Cons: Support service! The tool is great until there is an issue. Then it become a nightmare to have things done. Even the smallest request seems to difficult to execute.
Also, it would be amazing if Siteminder would be able to apply seasons to the rate plans.

by SiteMinder on 25/06/2019

Hi Ines,

First of all, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We really appreciate your insightful feedback and always take your suggestions to heart. I'm sorry to hear that your experience with us didn't live up to our usual standards. Many of our 30,000 customers enjoy contacting us so to learn that this wasn't the case for you was disappointing.

I wanted to let you know that seasonal rate plans are a possibility for you listed under your "inventory" tab. Using the "bulk update" tool, you can apply a seasonal rate plan to a specific room according a predetermined date range of your choice. Once this is activated, the rate plan will automatically switch on/off according to the dates you have set.

Hopefully this helps you apply seasonal rate plans to The Set Hotels but please don't hesitate to reach out if you're still having trouble!

All the best,
Lauren

Suite of tools to effectively manage a boutique hotel or a large resort

Reviewed on 09/03/2018
Christina O.
Boutique Hotel Owner
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Many. 1. The channel manager is very stable!! We have less than 1% of issues and even then there emails or the Siteminder extranet that we can easily double check.
2. Prophet is easy to use and pretty accurate. The weekly summary could have some improvements, like a percentage of rate increase or decrease of each of our designated competitors.
3. Booking button - That it is tied into the Channel Manager and Canvas makes it so easy. It is specific for hotels so it has all of the data needed. Super easy to build out a promotion or edit content. One suggestion, the ability to note a price drop, right on the rate.
4. Canvas - Again very easy to use!! Because it is designed specifically for hotels it has all of the necessary pages and some.
5. Siteminder has also recently partnered with TripTease-a website chat, pop-up promotion and rate comparison tool that you paste a script that Triptease provides onto your Canvas webpages. It's another added bonus. I have definitely seen an increase in reservations since we implemented it.

Pros: Having the entire SiteMinder suite of products has reduced our time spent managing reservations and has provided a brand presence that truly reflects our vision of a boutique hotel. Canvas has also improved the quality of guest interaction with our website, they are spending more time in areas like rooms, gallery and attractions. The pages are right there on the homepage easy for them to find and the layout is cleaner and more inviting to browse.

by SiteMinder on 18/03/2018

Hi Christina,

Thank you for your great feedback.

We are thrilled that you have had such a positive experience with our suite of products.

It's exciting to hear that our website builder, Canvas has improved your hotel's website as it is such an important channel for any hotel.

Thanks again and please let us know if we can be of any assistance.

Worst Customer Support!

Reviewed on 01/08/2019
Sally N.
Hospitality, 201-500 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Worst customer service.

Pros: Easy for basic use, no installation cost, reasonably priced. This is where the pros stop.

Cons: The customer support!! The worst I have experienced. In fact it is non existent. Since years I have been trying to get a rate loaded, and I was not getting anywhere. I follow the steps and it says its loaded, but when client tries to use the rate code, they cannot. So they tell us they don't see the rate code. Anyways I gave up, since it was taking up too much of my time and getting nowhere. A few months ago, I ran into the same contractual issue with client, who insisted I load the rate code. This time, (due to my previous experience), I delegated the job to another colleague of mine and was hoping she would have a different experience. But no, she was given the same run around and got nowhere. She has given up too. We are still without that rate loaded, and don't think it ever will be. Not with siteminder at least.

by SiteMinder on 05/08/2019

Hi Sally,

Thank you for your honest feedback, Sally. I am so sorry that you felt that you didn't receive the level of support needed to resolve the issue on rate codes to your satisfaction.

I have personally escalated this to our highest levels of support to get back to you within the next two hours to make sure we truly listen to how we can help an important customer like yourself. We want to ensure you receive the support you deserve and meet the standards we normally provide to our customers.

Misha

Best choice we made for a channel manager !

Reviewed on 23/08/2019
Fatima A.
Marketing & Sales
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: We had a different channel manager when we started our business, it worked just fine but it had a lot of issues, & then we started looking, & we compared & tried demos for different channel managers, until we found siteminder, to be honnest we loved the sales person, they were convincing & we found everything we needed in Siteminder, they were very helpful during the mapping of rates & availability with all our partners, & they were very professional, working with us day & night until everything worked perfectly. They send emails whenever there is an issue & they resolve it in impressive delays, we never had issues with Siteminder honestly, it was perfect since day one, & it still is, the most unfortunate thing is that we compare all our other partners to Siteminder & it's hard to settle once you tried the best!

Pros: Availability of customer service is incredible, their very knowledgeable & will answer any question you have, never failed to respond to me in the whole year we have been working with Siteminder, they are very professional & will answer you in the best delays.

Cons: None, everything works perfectly for the time being

by SiteMinder on 29/08/2019

Hi Fatima,

Thanks so much for taking time out to review us! We are thrilled to hear that you've gotten such great results using our products. We really appreciate your insightful feedback and certainly hope we can keep focusing on improving your experience.

We value the feedback we receive from our customers and are continuously looking for ways to improve our service, so thanks again for taking the time to share this with us. Let us know if there is anything we can do to further assist you get the most out of your products.

Thank you again for trusting us to be your partner. It's fabulous customers like you that make what we do so worthwhile :)

Leading Channel Manager

Reviewed on 23/04/2019
Moyyed D.
Financial Controller & Revenue Manager
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: I have been using Siteminder for quite a while now and it has proved to be one of the most robust channel management softwares for the hotels. Here's how I am going to break down the Pro's of Siteminder : 1- Simple and Easy to Use
2- Supports many big, mid-size and small OTA's.
3. Reservation & Yield reports.
4. Connectivity with multiple Property Management Systems.
5. It's definitely cost-effective
6. Easy to set-up rooms, rate plans and map them.

Cons: Apart from all the good things mentioned above Siteminder still needs improvement in certain areas. The thing that I like the least about them are as follows : 1. Customer Support is terrible and very rarely would you get a first call resolution.
2. GDS by Siteminder is not being managed efficiently, the staff seems to have very little information on how GDS works.
3. Their turn around and on-boarding time sometimes take weeks.

by SiteMinder on 12/05/2019

Hi Moyyed,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your feedback. We have escalated this to our management and customer success teams who will be in touch as soon as possible.

We can assure you that your support contact is currently working very closely with representatives from our product team to review your suggestions and feedback.

Lauren

Great product, less than average support service

Reviewed on 18/04/2018
Zanneta B.
Head of hotel distribution
13-50 Employees
Customer Support

Pros: Great software for hoteliers who wants to reach a global audience. Will save a lot of time, especially if you want to offer many different rates and length of stay. Not expensive at all.
Give you ability to connect to so many different booking sites around the world in no time.
Another great thing is - they have their own PMS (LittleHotelier).

Cons: The support service. No words... Having problem during a weekend? Oh, sorry we have no one in the office you can speak about, leave a message... What?
Response time for created cases is slow. Accounting: if you have several hotels: your bills could be mixed up easily.
After being with them for 7 years quit only because of support service. Still do feel sad about that as I loved the software. Now we are using other software and each time I receive an answer from new software support in less then one hour I remember how I was waiting for SiteMinder answers for days!

by SiteMinder on 23/04/2018

Hi Zanneta,
Thanks so much for your feedback and taking the time to review us. It's great to hear that you loved our product and found it so easy to use. We were disappointed to hear that our support didn't meet your expectations. The good news is that we improve our support service all the time and should you wish to come back to SiteMinder in the future, we'd love to chat to you about your experience. We hope your properties continue to be successful.
Thanks again,
Clare @ SiteMinder

Ok unless you need Support

Reviewed on 23/08/2019
Phillip R.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: The Bookingbutton from Siteminder is the worst we have come accross. It is less than ok: The mobile embed widget doesn't display properly and we have been in touch with Siteminder but after a month of them knowing about the issue this has still not been resolved. You don't have a choice of Payment Gateways in Europe other than Paypal - which is terrible. Siteminder could be so much better if they improved their customer service. At the moment we would not recommend using them at all.

Pros: Simple to use interface and most of the time very self-explanatory.

Cons: Customer Support is the worst. Whenever you need help you will receive a standard E-Mail reply and issues will not be resolved in a timely manner.

by SiteMinder on 29/08/2019

Hi Philip,

Firstly, I am so sorry to hear about your outstanding issues with the mobile embedded widget and that you felt you have not received the highest level of support to resolve the issues promptly. This is certainly not the usual for our more than 35,000 happy customers.

Good news regarding Payment Gateways-We've built a great new payment feature to give your property a quick and secure way to accept online payments from all major credit and debit cards. The new payment processing through SiteMinder Payments will be available at the start of September for all regions.

If there's anything else I can do, please let me know.

Sincerely,

Ok for the Price

Reviewed on 21/12/2018
Sally N.
Hospitality, 501-1,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Since we do not depend a lot on the online reservations (we do more contract and group business), the low flat price is good for us.

Pros: The flat rate for the Channel Manager, so we are not paying for each reservation that comes thru the channel manager. But then we signed up for GDS thru them, thinking it was the same way, but it turned out they are charging heavy fees for the GDS reservations.

Cons: Customer Support. Terrible.... Hard to get anyone to help you. Don't know who to call. They are based out of Australia, and I dont think they have a very strong support system for their US clients. I have been trying to get a rate loaded, and haven't had much help.
Another thing I definitely do not like is that we cannot provide a link for our group business to book directly. If we do, then there is a heavy fee I think. So we prefer

by SiteMinder on 21/01/2019

Hi Sally,

Thank you so much for your review and frank feedback. I've escalated this immediately to our Support team who will be in touch with you directly ASAP.

Kindly let me know if there's anything else I can help you with to give you a great experience with Siteminder.

We thank you again for trusting us as a customer and look forward to solving your issues.

Mei

Works as expected, tons of integrations

Reviewed on 18/07/2018
Hans N.
Owner/Manager
Hospitality
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Simplifies my life, a lot.

Pros: Tons of integrations, at a pretty much fixed price. Lots of others charges per reservation, per connection, or whatever, but Siteminder only charges per room. Nothing else. It's super clear and transparent. Interface is fairly easy to use. I especially like that you can choose to resend a failed reservation, which usually fixes any problems. In general, Siteminder rarely causes problems, and there's very little I need to contact support about.

Cons: It still functions as a middle-man. Lots of new PMSs are offering integrated Channel Managers, and they will be more native, which will inherently have an advantage over traditional Channel Managers. Another thing is there support is super slow. You have to submit a ticket and wait for them to get back to you. Good thing though is that there is VERY little I had ever needed to contact them about. A few connections I'd like to see a better connection with, in particular HostelWorld and HotelTonight.

by SiteMinder on 05/09/2018

Thanks for the great feedback - really pleased you enjoy using our technology. We'd love to hear more about how we can improve on those two connections so feel free to send an email to [email protected] and we'll direct your comments to the right place.
Thanks again!
Clare @ SiteMinder

Excellent Channel manager

Reviewed on 05/08/2016
Wayan S.
Sales Manager
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: If we request for accessing rate plan for New Online Agent, Siteminder Team immediately respond our inquiry. The Extranet in Siteminder is easy to use. We can know a lot of Online Agents which have been joining with Siteminder.com so that we can contact several of the potential Online Agents operators to make contract agreement . Siteminder.com give us flexible payment process. Indeed we have enjoyed to make working relationship with Siteminder.com. We are very satisfied with the Channel manager.

Pros: Updated rates and room availability

Cons: Increase or decrease the percentage of ROOM RATES in Channel's menu

by SiteMinder on 09/08/2016

Hi Wayan,

Thank you for taking the time to review us, we appreciate it.

We are glad to hear you are enjoying your experience with SiteMinder.

We have taken your feedback on board regarding room rate percentage changes, we will keep you updated.

Regards,
The Team at SiteMinder

I have used siteminder for 9 years.

Reviewed on 21/03/2018
Maureen D.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: The software itself has never failed.

Pros: The desktop version has always worked well. I changed to resonline a few years ago but found their software to be unreliable.

Cons: The mobile version has a lot of problems. It is difficult to change any details once entered as in dates, number of people. It displays the lowest starting price rather than the cost you are about to pay, it then displays the cost on the next step in tiny font which is very misleading. When you select the payment details it glitches and the page can not be closed for finalize payment or go back.

by SiteMinder on 27/03/2018

Hi Maureen,

Thank you for your feedback, we are constantly trying to improve our product experience for our customers and this feedback is very valuable.

I have spoken with our product team for TheBookingButton and they have informed me that they are currently reviewing the design and user-flow and will be leveraging user feedback and user testing to validate and improve.

Again, thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.

If you have any further questions please do let me know.

Kaitlyn @ SiteMinder

The Channel Manager to connect your hotel

Reviewed on 13/06/2019
Isabell K.
Inventory & Distribution Manager
Hospitality, 501-1,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Overall we achieved a lot together already. The support for new set-ups is amazing and couldn't be better! From the technical part like developments and features we would be happy for some update of what is in the making.

Pros: - ease of use
- very customer friendly
- new features can be suggested and will find recognition
- great & fast support

Cons: - some basic functions are still missing like sending MAXLOS / MINLOS to all OTA's
- development of new features seem to take quite a long time - an update on the current developments would be appreciated

by SiteMinder on 26/07/2019

Hi Isabell,

First of all, thanks so much for taking time out to review us! We really appreciate your insightful feedback and certainly hope we can keep focusing on improving your experience.

We are always looking for ways to give our customers the best possible experience. As such, we regularly release products and updates which you can check out on the SiteMinder Release page here:

It's excellent that you've gotten great results using the product! Thank you again for trusting us to be your partner. If there is anything else we can do to improve your experience please let us know.

It's fabulous customers like you that make what we do so worthwhile. Thank you.

Best,

Siteminder Reviews

Reviewed on 04/08/2016
Karu T.
Assistant Manager
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: To be honest, I am very satisfied using the product. Except on several occasion certain room
categories have been booked twice despite inventories have been closed on channel manager. Beside these problem, overall it is an excellent product to use

Pros: Easy to manage and efficient
Saves time

Cons: showing /sending room availability on certain ota channel despite inventory has been closed on
channel manager therefore caused overbooking situation. If channel manager suppose to send real time room availability to all the mapped channels, how could it happend?
As our hotel is in Singapore, we are not able to contact Siteminder's customer support directly during emergencies for advise. Only via emails and it could take few days to resolve the problem.

by SiteMinder on 05/08/2016

Hi Karu,

Thank you so much for your feedback. We're glad to hear that we're saving you so much time.

Regarding your overbooking issues, please contact support as soon as or if they arise and we will be able to investigate this for you as it is not a regular occurrence to date.

In any case, we're sorry you didn't receive the usual SiteMinder experience we pride ourselves on and will look to improve.

Please let us know if you have any further feedback on [email protected]

Regards,
The Team at SiteMinder

The Best Channel Management Solution

Reviewed on 24/07/2019
Tim P.
Owner/ Managing Director
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: Range of channels
Range of other apps , PMS and booking engines
Adaptability and flexibility of set up.
Very reliable
Great support
Cost

Cons: Wish new feature could be added to Booking engine, such as loyalty scheme or secret rates to help us compete with OTA pricing.

by SiteMinder on 25/07/2019

Hi Tim,

We are always looking for ways to give our customers the best possible experience. As such, we regularly release products. You can check out our latest product releases on the SiteMinder Release page here:

It's excellent that you've gotten great results using the product! Thank you again for trusting us to be your partner. It's fabulous customers like you that make what we do so worthwhile.

Excellent

Reviewed on 22/01/2018
Dominik B.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: At our hotel (Hotel & Gasthof zum Hirsch) we have been using SiteMinder technology for 3 years. We love that we can make changes to our Canvas website without needing professional IT background. Our direct bookings have increased by around 18%, we have more independence for 3rd parties and we are gaining a lot more traffic.

Cons: .....

by SiteMinder on 23/01/2018

Hi Dominik,

Thank you for reviewing SiteMinder. We're pleased to hear that you are having a positive experience using our software for your hotel, Hotel und Gasthof zum Hirsch.

We can't wait to continue to work with you to achieve more success in the future.

Long term user

Reviewed on 19/06/2019
Alan B.
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: We have been using SiteMinder for the last 10 years and have found it to be completely reliable and meets all our needs to operate a 14 unit 5 star motel.

Pros: We find the system very easy to use and quite easy to train new reception staff. We manually adjust rates and conditions on a daily basis to maximise occupancy and yield.

Cons: Mapping rooms can be quite confusing. Have found this quite time consuming

by SiteMinder on 12/07/2019

HI Alan,

It's excellent that you've gotten great results using the product and we love hearing that we can help simplify the training and onboarding process! Thanks again for being a customer. It means a lot to us.

Overall Good Experience

Reviewed on 14/06/2018
Connectivity & Listing manager
Customer Support

Pros: Very complete Channel Manager with everything you need to run several properties mapped through different OTAs.
Working properly, never had a real issue.
Their customer support got back to us promptly each time we had a problem in understanding something or for a set up.
Like some says it's easy to use when you know what you're doing.
It's a very professional Channel Manager.
The price is also professional but nothing surprising when you have stability and efficiency.
I would definitely recommend it.

Cons: Like I said above, it's a very professional Channel Manager so you should expect having troubles understanding what should be done and what should be left untouched.
That has been the major issue for us, to understand what to manage and what not to touch.
We didn't have the experience we have now with channel managers so as profanes it was pretty hard to do the set up.

by SiteMinder on 18/06/2018

Thanks so much for your positive feedback - we're pleased to hear the product surpassed your expectations. As always, our support team is available to help you navigate your set up and ongoing use of The Channel Manager. Please don't hesitate to contact us if you need any guidance.
Thanks again for taking the time to review SiteMinder.
Clare @ SM

Very Satisfied

Reviewed on 10/07/2019
Wayne S.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: It is a one stop shop in updating and controlling inventory. As stated above the support is exceptional with very friendly, professional and knowledgeable staff. I am not a computer whizz and I find the support staff are very understanding of this.

Pros: I find the software very easy to work around and when you have any issues or problems the help facilities and also customer service staff are very helpful.

Cons: I have no negative issues with this software.

by SiteMinder on 25/07/2019

HI Wayne,

Thank you so much for your review and feedback! We so greatly appreciate the time you've taken to do this and will share your feedback with our teams internally.

Thank you for allowing us to be a partner in your journey. It's our privilege to be of service.

Mei
Customer Marketing @ SiteMinder

Flaky product, never make any improvements, terrible customer service

Reviewed on 16/01/2019
Dave H.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I would never recommend this to anyone. The support is awful, they have little idea about the product. Honestly, it is easier to muck about with it yourself and find the solution on your own than call a useless support team who rarely know what they are doing. I don't think I've ever called and found them to be useful. There is no one in charge, you cannot speak to anyone in authority to get anything done and they refuse point blank to deal with any suggestions, let alone complaints. They do not give two hoots about their customers' experience. Every time the money comes out of my bank each month I feel sick. I literally hate paying them. I can't wait to find an alternative. Till then better the devil you know.

Pros: The chanel manager works and makes it easy to manage mutiple selling platfroms.

Cons: I have been using this for 2 years and in that time they have made not one single improvement to anything. I buy a suite of products. Little Hotelier (back office) Siteminder (Channel Manager) and The Booking Button (online reservation booking engine) Little hotelier is a terrible product. I was guaranteed when I signed up that there would be a major update to this software, but there has been nothing. not one single thing to improve it. This platform looks and functions like it was built to run on windows 95. It is terrible. The booking button lacks functionality. It works in part, but they never make any improvements. One major thing is that you cant translate promotions, so you are stuck with the one language that you use to set up the majority. You can translate most screens, but not promotions. I reported this issue in 2018 and was guaranteed that it would be looked into, but a year later and it is exactly the same. The iPhone app is one of the worst apps I've ever used. I've tried to give feedback on it, but it falls on deaf ears. They literally do not care about their customers.

by SiteMinder on 21/01/2019

Hi Dave,

I run our customer success team here out of Sydney and was hoping to set up a call one of these evenings/your morning to understand your situation better.

By the way I just sent about 15-20 minutes going through your website, OTA setups, Google Places, social media channels, room descriptions / rates/ photos. You have an awesome pråçoperty and absolutely nailed how to use the products...very impressive.

Kindly let me know what morning this week works for you so I can better understand your needs and address them.

Mike
Customer Success

Very basic platform, stay away

Reviewed on 28/06/2017
Bertie M.
Hotelier
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: have spent plenty of time on it to set all the channels up so I haven't been able to move elsewhere but will be looking up other systems soon. Need to see what works better in this big market, They never ask themselves WHY Siteminder?

Pros: good software for a start off but then it stops there, updates they make are all useless
technical support is good and prompt on very small issues but helpless if you ask for more,
easy to use Channel Manager & BookingButton after the initial setup,
monthly price is same as many other providers but what you get is far from good

Cons: - Cons
- Siteminder & BookingButton are basic but you pay top price for nothing
- the reservation templates that are sent over by email come in 2 pages long,
- need to spend 20 mins to get card details for every booking
-date picker widget is useless, just a square box with no options at all, customization not possible
-reservation dates (check in/out) are delivered not in UK format
-All OTA's can put a cut off time for same day bookings but Siteminder can't do it, you lock up at 10.30pm but at 11.59pm someone can still make a booking & turn up God knows about 3am
-developing team in Australia makes 1 update in 2 years & never gets the messages from the helpless Technical Support team in UK, even then you know 100% it'll be a negative reply.
- have been asking them for 5 years to add a simple *PROMOTIONS" tick-box to apply discounts to any day you want but they keep ignoring it, waste of time
-tech support team in UK gives you their own versions of solving issues instead of passing feedback to HQs and following up the problems
-they have a terrible Knowledge Base & expect you to pay professional web designers to integrate Booking & Availability widgets on website or keep with their ugly looking widgets,
- Guests can cancel a booking but not modify it, not possible
-keep sending them feedback for 5 years & they never cared to fix any of them, not good at all
-been very busy & haven't been able to switch to another company but will do it very soon

by SiteMinder on 30/06/2017

Hi Bertie,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your feedback. We have escalated this to our management and customer success teams who have been in touch. We can assure you that your support contact is currently working very closely with representatives from our product team to review your suggestions and feedback and get back to you more information as soon as possible.

The team @ SiteMinder

Terrible support and a very basic system

Reviewed on 23/02/2017
Adrian T.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: We have been using Little Hotelier with Siteminder (same company) for almost a year. For a company of it's size, the lack of support is astounding. I am constantly chasing them up for answers for the most simple issues. Even after going to the head of the department, issues are still just left or put in the too hard basket.
Aside from the lack of support, the biggest frustration has been how amateurish the system is. A simple thing like putting your own image as an invoice header has been ignored by them. To me, this is simple programming that could be done in a day at the most. Also, there is no guest profile or blacklist facility. To find previous guests you have to look at reservations, each reservation listed separately, not collating information. They brought in a function to add multiple guest names on a booking, not important. They really need to focus on what customers want, not what they want to do.
The latest issue for us is the lack of reports. They provide a few but none of them match each other. Some include payments when others don't, some include extra items when others don't, none include credit card fees. Their response to this was trying to get us to sign up to their payment system. If you can't get the basic system right, why would we do that? We are looking at other systems to replace this one as even though we are only a small hotel, we expect much more than this basic system for the money we pay each month. Do your research before signing up to this software. The basic bones are there but the support is terrible and the functionality is very basic.

Pros: It puts bookings into the system via channel manager as it should, well most of the information but not all.

Cons: The lack of support and it not being able to do basic things like reports.

by SiteMinder on 24/02/2017

Thanks for your feedback. As you know, we have been escalating your suggestions directly to our team and we worked through your requests and gave you answers (and where possible timeframes) for each one. This is something we don¿t do very often, however we felt it was important as you were passionate about the suggestions. We have also put you in contact with our customer success team who have always been there to support you and your property. I believe they have reached out to you again this week to follow up. We are working on invoices. However, due to varying global regulations, it¿s a big project. We do understand how important this is, but we want to develop this feature properly ensuring it complies with international requirements. Guest profiles are also in active development and again we know this is important to hoteliers. With this in mind, it's especially disappointing to hear your thoughts on our support and I hope our team can continue to help you.
Thanks - Clare @ SM.

Affordable Channel Manager but Support is Lacking!

Reviewed on 04/12/2018
Consultant
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Overall Siteminder does what it needs to do and when everything is working as it should, the system is great, saves a lot of time and speeds up processes. For larger organisations that operate at high occupancies, it is inevitable that in occasions overbookings can come in.

Pros: Great all round system when everything is going well.

Cons: Support is very slow with a lot of chasing required. When things don’t go right and an error has been made between the PMS and channel manager a lot of finger pointing can happen. On some channels, some information like email addresses cant be delivered to the PMS.

by SiteMinder on 12/05/2019

Hi there,

Thanks again for taking the time to leave us your feedback. We really appreciate your comments and we're sorry to hear that your experience with us didn't live up to our usual standards. Many of our 30,000 customers enjoy contacting us so to learn that this wasn't the case for you was disappointing.

Best,

A BREATH OF FRESH AIR

Reviewed on 20/04/2018
Linda P.
Property Owner Manager
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Peace of Mind, StressFREE, Happy working with them and Relief!

Pros: From the Outset, the Sales Representative was incredible informative, honest, and consistently followed through every step of the way.
The website on extranet looks professional, is user friendly, has everything that we need ...
The Support (whilst on a FREE TRIAL) is OUTSTANDING.
We went through a painLESS few day process that took the previous Channel Manager months to get right (and they only managed to perfect two OTAs, after a lot of PAIN) ...
At first I was very reluctant to spend more on this service ,and now I am so delighted that I listened to the rep, made the much-needed change over to SiteMinder, and that I that have been and still am working with the rep

Cons: There are no cons at this stage ...
We have a Wix website and used two of their "preferred" channel managers (they "sacked Myallocator who were really good and then contracted with HotelRunner, who were an absolute nightmare to work with, for six months . The comparison goes without having to say anything more (read the above "Pros")

by SiteMinder on 01/05/2018

Hi Linda,

Thank you for your great feedback.

We are thrilled that you have had such a positive experience with your SiteMinder sales representative and our support team!

Thanks again and please let us know if we can be of any assistance.

The team @ SiteMinder

A great cloud services bundle

Reviewed on 14/06/2019
Humberto A.
eCommerce
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I work with many hotels, and having a tech solution that helps me save time and save money to the hotel is a must. I came upon siteminder looking online and I have already implemented it on several properties. Has everything you need to control your inventory and avoid overbookings. The website templates are also great, ease to use and fast. Its a tool that does what is meant to, helps you save time and helps you sell more.

Pros: Ease of use.
Calendar grid lets me control everything
Fast website builder
Easy connection to OTA´s

Cons: Creating promotions on the booking button app should be better looking, not just a code

by SiteMinder on 17/06/2019

Hi Humberto,

It's excellent that you've gotten great results using the product! Thanks again for being a customer. It means a lot to us.

Lauren

Site Minder is like a personal assistant, taking care of the bookings when we are not available.

Reviewed on 06/12/2017
Marianne S.
Owner BnB
Customer Support

Pros: What I like most about this software, is the peace of mind knowing that the bookings are taken care of & I do not have to be concerned about double bookings. Especially as we are in Australia & a lot of our guests are from Europe & America, which is on a different time zone.
Before we had SiteMinder we had a few double bookings & we had to relocate the guests to another BnB, which was disappointing for both us & the guests.
The system is easy to access & navigate through, especially if you need to adjust the rooms availability due to a cancellation, or you need to close the rooms if you are going on a vacation yourself.
It is reassuring that the rooms are showing the correct availability.

Cons: Overall, there is nothing to complain about. I just have to be aware if there is a cancellation, to go into the site & re-open the rooms.
This is not a problem as the access is easy & straight forward.

by SiteMinder on 07/12/2017

Hi Marianne,

Thank you for the great review.

We love hearing feedback from our customers and really appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your experience.

We look forward to continuing this journey with you.