Good Effort!

Reviewed on 10/02/2017
Juliann B.
Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Customer support has been very helpful and prompt with a same day callback. If they can't fix the issue right away, they are persistent with their efforts until the issue is fixed. I think that the ease of use could be improved with additional documentation on how to use the ruleset functions and some better documentation on using VLTrader.

Pros: The functionality. I am able to use information from a database to create other tables, flat files or xml files. Once I had a template to use as an example, I was able to automate the creation of a fixed width file within 3 days. This was a process that I thought would never be able to automate.

Cons: The log errors are often difficult to understand if you aren't familiar with java. VLTrader seemed so easy to use during training but parts of it seem not to be working correctly.

We have been looking for a secure way to transfer large files and Cleo does exactly what we need!

Reviewed on 20/09/2017
Christopher L.
Network Administrator
Government Administration, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: The ability to share large files with external users as well as using the High Speed Protocol to sync folders with remote users to ensure data backups from a central location.

Pros: It says what it says it does. I like that once it is installed and configured it works. That seems pretty basic, but that is not always the case with new software. I also like that I have expandability. The features we are currently using are only a fraction of what we could be using, so down the road as we find use cases for Cleo to solve, we will already have the software installed and we will already be familiar with it.

Cons: There isn't much not to like. It solved the issue we were having with sending large files securely. If I was forced to come up with a con it would be that you do have to purchase a lot of functionality just to solve one problem. A more, al a carte pricing model, for our small organization, would have been a better fiscal fit.

Very solid product. Feature-rich and intuitive.

Reviewed on 23/05/2018
Software Engineer
Computer Software, 501-1,000 Employees
Customer Support

Pros: The clarify product is far above the competitors and offers many more features. I have evaluated many similar products and landed on Clarify because of the flexibility of the tool and the expansive feature set. The support and service from Cleo is also excellent. I would strongly recommend this product.

Cons: As a user of many versions of the product, the migration path between major revisions can be tedious. I can appreciate the need for this when there are major changes to the software, but to date that has been my only complaint with this software.

Cleo Clarify is easy to use and flexible for our business processes.

Sean D.
IT Specialist
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 5,001-10,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: EDI integration with hundreds of trading partners and very high volume of transaction processing.

Pros: Ability to quickly change from Test to Production servers. Ability to set up custom audit filters specific to our purposes. Integration with SVN repository for project management. Easy to deploy changes to projects.

Cons: Current cluster architecture is too touchy and dependent upon services (nodes) being started in the correct order. It takes close to 90 minutes from start to finish to properly bring the environment down and back up again (10 server cluster).

Harmony is very powerful and has a lot of options. Once you understand the software, it is easytouse

Rick F.
Senior Systems Engineer
Logistics & Supply Chain, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Easy communication between us and our trading partners.

Pros: All the options. Harmony will do just about everything dealing with communications. It is very flexible with a lot of functionality included by default. A lot of new options and functionality are added regularly.

Cons: There are so many options, finding what you want and the best way can be difficult. Support can be slow getting back when you are researching how to do something. New features and options are not communicated well when they are released.

Our customer experience with Cleo's B2B software has been excellent.

Reviewed on 18/09/2017
Mike M.
Dir - Customer Information Systems
Dairy, 1,001-5,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Cleo software allows us to stay connected electronically to our customers.

Pros: Our company uses the Cleo / EXTOL EEI software which runs in the IBM i. What we like most about this software is it's reliability. EEI is feature rich and very functional. The support behind this product is phenomenal. We feel like Cleo Services and Support are extensions of our in house technical department ready and willing to help us solve any problem large or small. Thank you Cleo!

My experience in using Cleo for the company has been very rewarding. We've used Cleo for 12+ years.

Reviewed on 02/10/2017
Skip B.
Senior EDI Analyst
Customer Support

Pros: VLTrader 's functionality has always been dependable and effective, making it easy to on-board new EDI trading partners. Monitoring activity is also made very easy, and it has useful and clear reporting.

Cons: My only concern with the tool has been its limited functionality with posting files across platform boundaries. i.e. Securely coping\appending files between windows and unix while maintaining the integrity of the original contents has been an ongoing desire.

This software is very flexible and very simple to use.

Reviewed on 04/10/2017
Evan B.
Senior Software Developer
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: The product's interface is very intuitive and simple to use. Though it does take time to get used to the functionality of each module, the application does provide a very flexible solution to many business processes.

Cons: Though this product is very flexible, I have come across a few items that would make the application more streamline. If there were a copy feature, that would make life easier. Also, the upgrade and backup process can be made better.

Cleo changed our B2B process

Reviewed on 18/12/2018
Andre B.
System Analyst
Apparel & Fashion, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: We are satisfied with the move to Cleo and waiting for new products in 2019.

Pros: What I like on Cleo is the quality of the products and how they are update. We use Clarify for mapping translation. The quality of our mapping, implementation time and cost moved more then 500%.

Cons: It is not intuitive and you may have to invest a lot of time in how to use the system but overall this is the only difficult that you may have.

Good, easy to use product

Joseph P.
Lead Systems Engineer
Insurance, 501-1,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I have a smooth running, error free, mostly automated file transfer process. The reliability makes administration minimal.

Pros: I use Cleo VLTrader and it is very easy to use. Very reliable and low maintenance. Once you learn the install and outs of it it runs seemkessly.

Cons: There are some scripting features like If, Then logic which would be nice to have. Also, I have a need for complex scheduling which is not fully available.

One Satisfied Customers

Reviewed on 23/01/2017
Mo B.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: We, at Oshawa Public Urtilitis, use VLTarder EDI to exchange very confidential meter data every day serveral times with government regulatory agency. It is very very important that data are being sent and received on time as per regulatory agency's rules and policy! Cleo VlTrader is so far doing a fantastic job in our end performing this business process. We will be the fail-over Vltrader server soon.

Pros: Reliability and effectiveness of this tools.

Cons: Could not find one!

I have no issues with the software and support is excellent.

Reviewed on 09/01/2018
Susan E.
Automotive, 201-500 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: This product took the weight of having to watch EDI from 4 plants every day to only having to look at it when a plant calls. Saves a lot of time.

Pros: The software is easy to use. Once it is set up, the only reason to worry about it is if the system gets rebooted then you have to make sure you start it back up. Set-up is easy and if there are issues, support is there all the way!

Learn It, Live It Love it!

Reviewed on 02/02/2017
Paul K.
Customer Support

Comments: The EDI solution offered by Cleo is much different than any other EDI software I've worked on. It is complex if you are unfamiliar with EDI, but Cleo does a phenomenal job of laying everything out for you to build. No EDI software on the market is easy to use without experience, but Cleo does a great job of making it as easy to use as possible. The fact that fail safes are put in to show you where you go wrong is not only a life saver, but a time saver as well. Face it, when you're talking that much code, it's good to see where you go wrong if you make mistakes. I will say that when you implement Cleo's solution, immerse yourself in it. If there is one thing I regret, it's the fact that I let it sit for 6-7 months before looking at it again, and that really was detrimental. On the positive side though, Cleo tech support is on their game and can guide you through even the toughest scenario. Considering their tech support is top notch, I was able to get caught up to speed after a few phone calls. I would recommend to anyone implementing the Cleo solution to get training as well. It is well worth it. The training course takes you from point A to point B with full immersion. The trainers work with you and will guide you along the way. You can tell they genuinely care about whether or not you understand what you are doing. I felt extremely confident after completing training on the EDI software and understood every aspect of the EDI process. Again, get immersed in the software and stay immersed. You'll be thankful you did.

Software works well and customer support is amazing and timely!

Reviewed on 02/07/2018
SyteLine Administrator/Analyst
Plastics, 201-500 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: We use Lexicom and it is very stable and easy to use once you start using it. I can have multiple trading partners as well as setting up test partners. Documentation made it easy!

Cons: Not knowing much about EDI, I had to learn how to use the software, other than that I am unable to find anything to date that I don't like about the software!

Solid support and easy deployments

Kyle H.
IT Vice President
Banking, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Increased uptime, less fees for late file delivery, less programming staff required to make one off file movers. Easy admin.

Pros: Reliability and support are the most important features for us. The reliability for us has been phenomenal.

Cons: A knowledgebase would be a great addition. Vltrader action gui enhancements to make templates would be great for less experienced staff.

LexiCom is a great product.

Reviewed on 08/02/2017
Jeremy Z.
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 201-500 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: We currently use Cleo's LexiCom product to communicate with our customer via AS2 for edi transactions. It is a great product to use and easy to setup. Once setup, you never have to touch it again. I would recommend it to anyone.

Pros: Very easy to setup. Once setup, don't have to mess with again till another customer needs setup. Works great.

Cons: Log is very large when looking for errors.

We are currently using VLTrader and we are in the process of moving to Harmony.

Jim S.
Senior Developer
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: By using the VLTrader software we were able to consolidate our AS2 and FTP servers into a single software solution. Saves me time in server maintenance as VLTrader runs with little issues.

Pros: Support is probably the biggest pro. But, I have little issues that were not caused by me! I have worked with support and they have provided excellent guidance on getting the server functioning at a high level.

Cons: The version of VLTrader we are using has a pretty buggy interface. I am sure later versions are better but we had some issues with stabilizing the server. Also don't like not being able to view logs in the interface always times out because we keep a large amount of data.

Pretty reliable

Reviewed on 03/01/2018
Network Administrator
Automotive, 51-200 Employees
Customer Support

Pros: Cleo EEI is reliable. It just works when it's properly configured. Support staff is generally well informed and trained.

Cons: Interface can be clunky. Reporting is lousy. Communication from the company can be poor. I usually come across product upgrades myself rather than through communications from the company

Good Customer Support

Reviewed on 31/01/2017
Donna R.
Sr EDI Analyst
Logistics & Supply Chain
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I have worked with the customer support department on numerous occasions and they patiently work to solve and explain the issue that I report

Pros: Verstaile product and we are able to use it with receiving data and sending data internally and externally.

Cons: Some of the errors are difficult to solve based on the information that is reported to you.

Cleo is a complete solution to integrate your business

Reviewed on 14/02/2018
Andre B.
System Analyst
Apparel & Fashion, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: What I most like is the customer service department. The software is great, but when I need any assistance in how to connect my projects, the CS or the sales department are able to assist you very well

Cons: What is least like is a leak of connector to integrate cloud platforms in the eCommerce. Nowadays, the ERP, CRM, eCommerce are running in the cloud and as much connector you can have, better is your experience and integration.

Great functionality and great support

Christopher Z.
Enterprise Application Specialist
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: A great and easy to use SFTP software bundle.

Pros: They offer a wide array of products that interface with each other as well as many features for those products.

Cons: There is currently a lack of available online knowledgebase for their products. However, they are working on implementing one.

Tech Support is great and the instructions are easy to follow.

Reviewed on 28/09/2017
Berlinda Y.
IT Service Manager
Warehousing, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Stability

Pros: Ease of Use and Ease of the implementation.
Tech Support is great and can work with you to help check issues on your system.

Cons: Some errors are not easy to figure out and troubleshoot on our own and have to call Tech Support by that time, it kind of resolve by itself.

Cleo VLTrader Review - Allen Lund Company

Reviewed on 07/02/2017
Keith C.
Customer Support

Comments: Cleo VLTrader product is great. Very easy to use and has all the functionality I need. AS/2 and FTP connections take minutes to setup. Once you receive the file it is very easy to configure where you want it to go. The previous communication software I was using was so cumbersome, VLTrader is just plain simple to use. It is rare that I need to use support but when I do things can take a little longer than I would like to get resolved. My system admins have been working to move us to a new data center and upgrade to the latest version of VLTrader but have been running into quite a few issues. My system admins report to me that responses are slow and it has really hindered their progress due to lack of timely responses (once a day). It seems odd to me that with such a high quality product, Cleo does not have that same quality attached to its support. Another small gripe I have is the documentation. I would like to see more detail in the documentation and it should be updated to the latest version so that the interfaces looks the same. Overall a great product and very happy with it. We have been using this products for many years now and though we have had a few hiccups in these last few months with the move to a new data center, the overall experience with this product has been great. I have not had an outage on our side since VLTrader was implemented that was due to the software, and that is the most important thing to us.

The software products work well without a lot of maintenance. Customer support is outstanding.

Reviewed on 12/09/2017
Scott H.
EDI Analyst / Programmer
Food Production, 1,001-5,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: This software allows us to quickly set up, on board and mange our trading partners.

Pros: I have liked the user interfaces and the ease of operation. Whenever we do encounter something we are not sure how to do, support is available to quickly answer our question.

System Integration to Enterprise TMS

Robert B.
System Integration Specialist/Consultant
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: The ability to integrate into complex TMS system flawlessly. Speeding up development of EDI documents quickly and precisely to get the revenue sooner than later. Ability to connect to the database within the studio to query result sets for use.

Pros: The overall ability of this software is second to none. The interface ability with objects and linking speeds up development. Feature rich and growing with more functionality in the near future. Great product, highly recommended!

Cons: The java engines between versions.
When an install is corrupt it doesn't indicate there is an issue with the program files.