• Overall
    4.3 /5
    4.4 /5
    4.1 /5

About Vend

Web-based retail point-of-sale and inventory management software built for iOS. Starts at $99/month.

Learn more about Vend

Julia P.
co-owner
Restaurants, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/06/2018

"It's been awesome..we have greatly enjoyed VEND and would highly recommend it to anyone!"

Comments: ease of set up , ease of running

Pros: It's a very intuitive program for staff to use...accross our 7 locations staff was able to learn and use the program immediately setting up the sell screen, buttons, keys and departments was easy to do with the help of the online tutorials and some tips from customer service, as well price changes and new products are easily added and adjusted. the real time information that I am able to easily access at my office to see what's going on is great....i am able to compare outlets performance side by side I was able to, relatively easily, import a large data base of existing gift certificates to use on the new system...

Cons: There is some information/data that i would like to be able to be put in a report/receipt , that function is currently unavailable...discount reports and the gift certificate number showing on the purchase receipt... we have had some hiccups with the bluetooth connections with the printers and some problems with speed and button response, but did find that updates tended to fix that problem... wish there was a way to access my stores through my phone, perhaps by an administrator app of some kind...

by Vend on 18/06/2018

Hey Julia, thank you for your review and high recommendation of Vend POS! Delighted to hear that you're so pleased with using Vend point of sale software to run your business and thanks for your feedback as well. If you require assistance with your hardware I recommend contacting our support team for assistance. You can submit a ticket or a feature request anytime with this link here https://support.vendhq.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=1375. Best, Lucia (Vend's Community Manager)

• Reviewed on 07/06/2018
Kent C.
Apparel & Fashion
  • Reviewed on 30/09/2015

"Review of Vend POS and Ecommerce"

Pros: We've been using the Vend POS system for just over a year and recently upgraded to Vend Ecommerce (integrating our website/online store with our POS system). We're really happy with both systems; the POS is very intuitive and training of our staff, even those without any POS experience, was a breeze. The Ecommerce solution saves us a lot of time and effort (and eliminates the possibility of errors in pricing) as we now only need to enter/ammend product info in one database to keep our records all up to date. From a service POV Vend's team are fantastic. They respond quickly (usually within a matter of minutes) to any tickets we submit thru their online service center, and the staff always follow up to make sure whatever issues we raised are resolved. When we set up the Ecommerce system, they provided several sessions of personal, live training over the phone and skype which enabled us to create a new website from scratch, even though we had no prior experience in doing so. Being a cloud based solution also gives us a lot of flexibility - we can process sales or access our backend thru laptops, iPads and even our phones. We also necer need to worry about backing up or losing our data.

Cons: Being a standardized solution, the Ecommerce platform doesn't yet have all the features you would get with a custom designed website/online store. However the cost is a small fraction of what you would pay for a customized site.

• Reviewed on 30/09/2015
Harry S.
Retail, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/06/2018

"For me Im very good with Excel so I can use it well!"

Comments: Depends on the seekers use.

Pros: I like that you can do everything on Excel as I have very good knowledge of excel and CSV file format. As I upload files nearly every day, as our shoes change daily.
Works with Sku well.

Cons: Pricey. Someone who does not know excel well he is in trouble unless he sells the same products forever. No manual provided so no employees cannot look up something they have never done before. Adding products takes for ever as you have click edit to do it. Loss prevention if you add someone on manager role, he or she can steal cash after a sale and receipt given to customer as they can undo cash transaction with no record. I lost several 100 dollars before I discovered this on camera. So now all my employees are cashiers only.

by Vend on 15/06/2018

Hey Harry, thanks for taking the time to review Vend POS. We really appreciate retailers feedback as it helps us make Vend even better! Vend's Help Centre and online videos are really great resources to help retailers with CSV files and inventory. We also offer onboarding and training services for retailers who want to get set up as quickly as possible or need a little extra help. Or they can work with a Vend Expert for hands on help! Sorry to hear about your experience with employee theft ¿ using User Permissions and Advanced User Permissions is there for retailers to help prevent those kinds of things happening. If you have any questions or require further assistance please submit a ticket with our helpful support team here https://support.vendhq.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=1375. Best, Lucia (Vend's Community Manager)

• Reviewed on 09/06/2018
Joy L.
Office/Accounting/Inventory/IT
  • Reviewed on 20/04/2018

"POS seamless integration, on boarding, and support are on point!"

Pros: Ease of use, cloud based for remote sales and access as admin. Simplicity in design and development. iOS based applications allow for quick learning at all levels from tech novice to advanced. The reporting is powerful, flexible, and captures financials and inventory in an easy to read and understand manner, again for all levels of knowledge and experience. The Products sections simplifies Inventory management in a very visual way, simplifying management and POS interfacing. Vend is constantly developing new applications and integrating processes that advance the power of the software. The notifications of these new apps is easy to read and activate.

Cons: I was a bit disappointed in the change of entering a new product, as a keyboard dominant user, the new application slowed the process by removing a few of the tab functions. Slows data entry. Yes, there are still power users out there. :)

• Reviewed on 20/04/2018
Cheryce E.
Virtual Assistant
  • Reviewed on 10/07/2018

"Vend is awesome"

Comments: Overall this is a good software and I would recommend it for use by retailers as it can be very beneficial to analyze business growth and failure.

Pros: 1. It is a web-based application that is accessible from anywhere.
2. You are able to be very detailed with your products (ie colours, SKU, Size, quantity etc) all in one entry
3. The reporting system which is provided is just phenomenal, very detailed.
4. The interface is very user-friendly
5. Customer database that is created is very easy to access
6. Technology for barcode scanner, Bluetooth printers etc is very on point.

Cons: 1. Once your subscription expires you no longer have access to your business information.
2. Phone support is not available outside the USA
3. Email correspondences take a very long time and often times the communication is off
4. Can allow editing float amount entered especially by the manager, not cashier privileges.
5. Does allow you to create an actual quotation or estimate but can use the park sale option and void if not necessary.

by Lucia on 20/07/2018

Hey Cheryce, thank you for taking the time to leave a detailed review of Vend POS − great to hear there are so many features and functions of Vend that you're enjoying using! Wonderful to hear that you're finding our reporting phenomenal, that's exactly we love to hear. In regards to subscriptions, you have the option to put your account 'On Ice' for a small monthly fee if you wish to retain the data. In regards to Vend support, sorry to hear you experienced a slow response via email and weren't 100% happy with the response, we've been making some changes in this area to improve a few processes. Phone support is available in all countries on all plans. Hope that helps and do reach out if you need assistance with anything - our team are here to help. Best, Lucia (Vend's Community Manager)

• Reviewed on 10/07/2018
Lanette Y.
  • Reviewed on 06/06/2018

"There are easy to use aspects , some functionality could be easier"

Pros: The reports are easily accessible, I like the quick keys for the register, is easy for training. I like the daily sales ledger to show sales by associates and also easy for returns also. Daily totals during the day are nice to see where you are in sales also.

Cons: Putting in products and variance are a little confusing. I also think inventory could be easier in the software.

by Vend on 18/06/2018

Hey Lanette, appreciate you taking the time to review Vend POS. Great to hear that you're finding aspects like reporting, processing returns so easy and finding the quick keys feature useful. Sorry to hear that you've found adding products and variant products a little confusing - if you require any assistance with this please submit a ticket with our support team so they can help you out! Just use this link here https://support.vendhq.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=1375. Thanks again! Best, Lucia (Vend's Community Manager)

Matthew M.
Owner/General Manager
Retail, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/06/2018

"It works well for our retail store/cafe. The inventory management is our main requirement."

Comments: Inventory management, Point of Sale, easy daily/weekly/monthly quick sales reports. Ease of use for beginners.

Pros: Easy to train new employees on the POS. It's integration with Shopify, Deputy and Square. Clean and pro looking (would like to be able to customize it more for my shops character).

Cons: I don't like that I have to activate the scanner, it really slows things down. The label making software is not very adjustable, and it makes it difficult for the scanner to read. No pictures for variants.

by Vend on 15/06/2018

Hey Matthew, thanks for taking the time to review Vend POS. Happy to hear that it's working well in your business! Sorry that you're not 100% happy with your hardware setup. If you require extra assistance with your hardware, I suggest reaching out to our friendly support team or enquiring with a Vend Expert for hands-on assistance. Best, Lucia (Vend's Community Manager)

• Reviewed on 08/06/2018
Adele L.
Volunteer Manager
Events Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/08/2019

"Super easy to use!"

Comments: Vend sets up your users and products at the beginning but it is then very straight forward to add new users, change their access or remove them. Same with the products, you can create categories so that the till only have a few buttons and you then have products in each category. Very good system!

Pros: It is very straight forward to use, it is very intuitive, all the functions are clearly named and easy to find. There is a support function incorporated within the website which is useful but the customer service is absolutely amazing: when I've had a query, I've always had an answer within the hour. At the beginning, the team spends the time to explain to you all the functions and there's no shaming for asking 'stupid' questions.

Cons: To be honest, in a year and a half, I haven't found yet anything I dislike about Vend.

• Reviewed on 09/08/2019
Rebekah P.
Arts & Crafts, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/06/2018

"We use Vend to run our retail yarn store."

Comments: It is a robust and fairly flexible program that keeps our store running, and provides most of the financial reporting that we need.

Pros: It is fairly simple to learn and use on a daily basis. It can handle a lot of SKUs. The customer phone support is very good. It integrates with our online store that uses Shopify.

Cons: It doesn't sort sales by payment method. We cannot get all of the historical reports that we would like to access. It is not easy to print reports directly from Vend.

by Vend on 03/07/2018

Hey Rebekah,

Thanks for your review of Vend. Really great that you're finding it easy to use on a daily basis. Thanks for your feedback on reporting, I've passed that on to our team. Feedback from retailers helps us make Vend even better so thanks for taking the time to share yours with us!

Best,

Lucia
(Vend's Community Manager)

• Reviewed on 16/06/2018
Matthew R.
Music, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/02/2019

"Vend Is a Great POS Software, Just Wish It Was More Customizable"

Pros: Vend is an excellent and fail-safe POS for small businesses. While data entry and inventory search functionality is generally a breeze, depending on the nature of your business or inventory, you may run into difficulties keeping categories of products isolated from one another. Stock orders are a breeze and staff is very helpful.

Cons: I only wish the interface was a little more malleable and user customizable as it seems that it's slowly being tailored to best suit its most standard applications, rather than oriented towards creative retail pursuits with singular demands.

• Reviewed on 19/02/2019
Fabian K.
  • Reviewed on 11/06/2018

"Awesome software, made it all easier"

Comments: Made oversight faster, could work from anywhere, uptime is great.

Pros: It is easy to use, it is updated timely, and it offers PC web browser access. PC web access is very important because it gives flexibility.

Cons: A little on the pricey side, but it offers great value for the money. Updates could come faster. They do come but tend to lag.

by Vend on 15/06/2018

Hey Fabian, thank you for your review of Vend POS. Fantastic to hear that using Vend has made running your retail business easier - that's exactly what we want to do for retailers. Totally agree that Vend is great value for money, especially compared to highly expensive legacy POS systems! All the best, Lucia (Vend's Community Manager)

• Reviewed on 11/06/2018
Andrea R.
  • Reviewed on 06/06/2018

"Reliable and robust software for my inventory management needs"

Comments: The software is so robust for my needs. Inventory is *almost* effortless when compared to my old way with the software I upgraded from.

Pros: I adore the Reports tab for glancing at revenue and other numbers! Checking out customers is a breeze.

Cons: lack of places to note changes in products (but in saying that I'm confident most features I desire will come, as they're open to feedback and always updating!

by Vend on 18/06/2018

Hey Andrea, very pleased to hear that you're so happy with Vend POS! You're right - we're always open to feedback from retailers and take it onboard. So thank you very much for sharing your valuable feedback with us. Best, Lucia (Vend's Community Manager)

Jenni M.
Sales associate
2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/02/2019

"Awesome program and easy to use!"

Comments: I love how it has decreased the time it takes to write up a sale.

Pros: I love that the managers are able to create quick keys to make it even more user friendly for the sales associates!

Cons: I do not like that on occasion it will randomly kick you off of your account in the middle of something and make you sign back in.

• Reviewed on 15/02/2019
Aj S.
  • Reviewed on 22/03/2017

"No other POS system compares to Vend"

Comments: I spend almost a month testing other point of sale systems not one of them was as powerful and easy to use as Vend. I love the support they offer and the free 30 Day trial was even better, it actually allowed me to test different scenarios and get my products ready to go before our Go-Live date. Their support team picks up the phone and actually talks to you when you need them, their email and live chat is always super fast and responsive even on Sundays they respond. I am looking at opening another store and their multi-channel system looks to be exactly what I need to manage multiple locations.

Pros: Easy to use, Excellent Support, Bulk Import Variants, Built in Loyalty Program

Cons: Really nothing negative to say about Vend, I love this software

• Reviewed on 22/03/2017
Nate M.
Consultant
Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 08/02/2019

"Great POS System"

Pros: Vend has a lot of great features and integrations that allow the business to have a simple checkout process.

Cons: The biggest flaw in this system is that sometimes in can take a while for the data to sync, but that's to be expected really.

• Reviewed on 08/02/2019
Debbie C.
Operations Manger
Museums & Institutions, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/06/2018

"Vend used for a Nature Store"

Comments: I would highly recommend. We are very happy so far with the system. We implemented 5 months ago and we have not had any major problems getting it up and running.

Pros: We took this product on due to the fact we have multiple volunteers who need to use it. After reviewing 12 different systems (yes, I looked at 12 of them!) I chose Vend. The screen is user friendly. Completing purchases is simple. It's incredible easy to find a products. I have trained individuals from age 12 to 85 with success.

Cons: My biggest complaint is the time for customer service. Unfortuntely they are in New Zealand so you must email if you are from the US and wait for a reply. Their replys usually takes till the next day because of the time change but if you can wait, they are really good about giving you what you need.

• Reviewed on 14/06/2018
Andrey P.
Retail
    3.5 /5
  • Reviewed on 02/08/2016

"Excellent POS software for small retailers!"

Pros: It has a lot of functionality. Which is a must in a high paced retail environment? It also works in a cloud meaning you can access it anywhere from any device - perfect for keeping a close eye on your sales going up!

Cons: As it is a SaaS software, sometimes you have to wait a long time for a new functionality that you wish it had.

• Reviewed on 02/08/2016
Ian S.
Entertainment
    3.5 /5
    2.5 /5
  • Reviewed on 25/01/2016

"been using vend for 6 months"

Pros: That i can access sales remotely and add products remotely

Cons: the biggest issue is that i can't print a sales-summary of itemised sales for spot-checks for VAT dept on my thermal printer of that current day, what is known as an X reading, or even a summary of sales in one itemised list at the end of the working day, from my thermal printer, known as a Z reading. this was always standard on any traditional cash register. and i think would be super easy for Vent to have. --- it's a bit pricey, since within 24 months of using vend, one can buy a stand alone system with equipment included

• Reviewed on 25/01/2016
Ingrid M.
  • Reviewed on 03/01/2017

"Cloud based software has issues."

Comments: Vend has some great features, but there are some downfalls with the software and the servers being based in another country. The main problem appears to be the Servers. At times the whole system grinds away and your customer has to wait till the cash drawer will open. Not real good when you have a lineup of customers. Customer service with vend is 50/50. Upgrades or changes made you are informed of after they are made by VEND.

Pros: Ability to connect to another register in another outlet, so you can see how each outlet is performing. Inventory counts are good, it gives a great snapshot of the performance of your business. We carry over 28,000 items in our store so it is a wise idea to keep track of everything.

Cons: Slow! Slow! Slow! Vend Servers are in another country so with cloud it takes time and at times of the day, the program just grinds away. It takes a while sometimes for the transactions to go through. We have upgraded all our computer hardware, believing that to be the problem. But no it is the servers that Vend use.

• Reviewed on 03/01/2017
Phil S.
Retail
  • Reviewed on 29/03/2016

"great value for money POS software - superb support too"

Pros: I have been using Vend for two years now and was amazed at the free trial to get us started, regular improvements without extra costs and the brilliant support.

Cons: No complaints at all as it's cost effective and really works

• Reviewed on 29/03/2016
Gary L.
  • Reviewed on 18/01/2018

"Plenty of potential, many features lacking"

Comments: Vend has great potential and is super easy to get started with, but at this point it is not a full featured or robust POS system.

Pros: Easy to start using, ability to export and import CSV files, cloud based. Inventory is cloud based so you can sell at a convention or on-line and have your in-store inventory updated immediately. being cloud based you can also see sales numbers and individual transactions as they are updated. Ability to work on the back end from any location with an internet connection is fantastic.

Cons: Misleading information about what it integrates with, claiming to integrate with Quickbooks, but doesn't really and loses the ability to use store credit if you do try to integrate. I experienced very inconsistent customer service when I had problems. The first tier support got back to me quickly and tried to be helpful, but when a problem had to be escalated there was little or no update or help from second tier support. Many key features are missing such as the ability to place and track special orders or pre-orders, track employee hours, or customize views (for example when you look at products you see only the product name, with 10,000+ items they can be similar so being able to see the supplier code would make things much easier. There are some poor design decisions like have no way to go back to a search you did on products after looking at one of them, instead you must redo the search.

• Reviewed on 18/01/2018
Michael H.
Furniture
  • Reviewed on 20/12/2015

"Great Product. Powerful and Easy to Use."

Pros: Vend is a simple but powerful POS and Inventory Management platform. I've been using it for 2 years. Easy to setup and use.

Cons: While the product is very robust in features. The company does seem to be a slower than others to release new features.

• Reviewed on 20/12/2015
Kalie A.
  • Reviewed on 27/02/2017

"Vend Rocks"

Comments: I just love this product! I researched a few POS options for our store and settled on Vend, pricing was right and customer service helped me make the decision.

Pros: Great customer service, lot's of upgrades and tweaking that Vend is working on all the time, very functional for recording customers, taking payments and linking with other platforms.

Cons: Priced in US dollars ( sad for canadians)

• Reviewed on 27/02/2017
Josh M.
  • Reviewed on 08/05/2018

"Small business POS"

Comments: We went with Lightspeed after demoing several programs. I used the 30 day trial with Vend and liked many aspects of it. Lightspeed offered a better multi store solution

Pros: Simple execution. Very intuitive setup and operation. I merged data from a .CSV file without any difficulty. Out of the box easy to implement system.

Cons: Some limitations. Requires strong WIFI connection - otherwise you will have some lag when ringing up or general system use. Not a great multi store solution.

• Reviewed on 08/05/2018
Heather Y.
Apparel & Fashion, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/11/2016

"Vend a Lifesaver!"

Comments: My previous point of sale software was very functional and easy for a brand new business to get up and running. Suddenly however, they decided to discontinue their product, which forced us to make a quick transition. I spent a good deal of time comparing the variety of online software and landed on Vend. When comparing to other products, Vend was easy to set up, very reasonably priced, and offered all the features I was looking for.

• Reviewed on 21/11/2016