15 years helping British businesses

About Time Tracker

A simple and affordable solution for capturing employee time to run payroll, invoice clients and manage productivity.

Learn more about Time Tracker

Pros:

Easy integration of tasks, clients and billing rates with QB Desktop. Easy for users to enter time, billable, non-billable, PTO.

Cons:

I hate that you can't edit text after you submit hours.

Time Tracker ratings

4.2

8.1/10

Time Tracker has an overall rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars based on 3,017 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Time Tracker before?

Filter reviews (3,017)

Ansh
Ansh
Sr Web Developer in India

Easy To Use Time Tracker To Improve Efficiency And Revenue of Business

Comments: It is the best time tracking software that will transform our business. With online time tracking, billing we will literally spend less time on administration and more on making money. It is an affordable solution for our business to track time and reduce expenses in a professional manner. Time Tracker is a web based time management and billing system that allows to track employees time, view reports on their activity, send invoices electronically and control billing from a single location. Time Tracker is a simple and easy to use time tracking and invoicing software. It's ideal for freelancers, consultants and small companies looking to keep track of their time and turn hours into money. Time Tracker allows us to quickly and efficiently bill our clients by email so no more lost paper trail or having to call clients for an update on their progress. We can invoice through the program or export entries into the software of our choice including Quickbooks, Sage One,NetSuite and many others.

Pros:

It is a cloud based time tracking and billing solution that increases profitability, reduces administration. It's easy to manage projects, employees and clients from one central location. Useful for all in one timekeeping, billing, payroll and accounting solution for firms of any size. It tracks employee time with GPS accuracy. It can be used as a standalone solution to track time, invoice clients and run payroll or it can be integrated with QuickBooks. eBillity Time Tracker lets us manage our business online, on the phone or on the go through our GPS tracking app helping to increase revenue, reduce administration costs and improve profitability.

Cons:

Time Tracker is the best way to track our business work and easy to manage client project tasks. Sometimes clients pay according to time So it is easy to manage work reports on time. We can schedule our our and no issue face with this software.

Denise
Denise
Marketing Specialist in US
Marketing & Advertising, 201–500 Employees

A top tool to improve productivity

Comments: TimeTracker is used for logging in, planning projects, managing tasks, planning weekly and monthly calendars, tracking time and expenses, and more. The best part of using a time tracker is that it forces developers to stay on task by setting strict time limits. The developer's track record can be verified by the client. Both the client and the programmer can see through it without any difficulty

Pros:

Time Tracker is how I keep track of my schedule, tasks, and projects. Payroll and expenses can be calculated from the gleaned information. In addition, TimeTracker's customer service can fix any problems you're having.

Cons:

It works fine, although there are instances when there are bugs that force you to re-enter data. From what I've heard, the software's administrative interface can be perplexing, but I can't speak from personal experience.

Harris
Managing Partner in Greece
Staffing & Recruiting, 201–500 Employees

Scalable, collaborative and data driven decision making

4.0 last month New

Comments: There is guaranteed data security. User-friendly interface and basic integration is smooth.

Pros:

The aspect of realistic time estimates is a key point here helping us create a more accurate time estimates for similar tasks in the future leading to better project planning. Workload prioritizing has been made more effective directing our focus on tasks that have the highest impact. Also general performance evaluation is easy as well as personal time management which helps in gaining insights into daily habits and controlling them accordingly.

Cons:

Nothing to point out as a con. I am happy with the way Time Tracker operates.

Benjamin
CTO in US
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

Used TimeTracker of a year but then switched away

Comments: TimeTracker was an adequate product for the year we used it but was ultimately insufficient for our company's needs.

Pros:

TimeTracker was one of the few products on the market that actually fit our needs as a software consulting firm. Most importantly, it allowed tracking time entries against a two-tiered hierarchy of clients and projects and allowed free-text descriptions of time entries. We had been using spreadsheets previously and this was a substantial upgrade for us. Other nice features: * Ability to mark entries as billable and not billable * Ability for at least some users to be able to view and edit other users timesheets * Ability to mark projects as done, thus preventing people from billing more to them

Cons:

Ultimately, we decided to move away from TimeTracker after using it for a year because of three big faults: 1. Incomplete API coverage. The TimeTracker API only exposed some of the data available in the system, and didn't allow for all types of modification. For example, you cannot retrieve a client's billing details via API nor can you edit a time entry. This is severely limiting in the addons that can be built to work with the product. 2. Inability to track/lock billed time entries. While this functionality is technically available as part of the invoicing features, the only way to use it is by generating an invoice. TimeTracker's invoice functionality did not meet our needs and the inability to track which time entries were and were not billed was a massive administrative headache for us. 3. Slow and occasionally buggy interface. A number of pages on the website load slowly. It can take a lot of clicks to do time entry or edit time entries. And there are obnoxious bugs in primary workflows. For example, when changing the project of a time entry, the activity filed gets cleared as well and a popup box must be cleared before you can proceed. As another example, when removing time entries from particular days, deleting the number of hours is not sufficient to clear the time entry.

Ritchie
Producer and Production Manager in US
Entertainment, 11–50 Employees

Best Way to Track Hourly Work

Pros:

Time Tracker is a very easy to implement software to track hourly work for all types of employees. We were able to seamlessly integrate it into our overall workflow and now are able to log to the hour what everyone is working on. This makes it very easy for billing back to clients.

Cons:

Time Tracker is easy to use, but some employees did not like getting another new log in. We use it as a stand alone software to track hours, so it is not attached to their other work tools/logins.

Nicole
District Sales Manager in US
Retail, 10,000+ Employees

Expert time tracker

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

It has time recording capacity which is perfect for a fast moving work environment.

Cons:

Absolutely perfect and has no flaws whatsoever.

Marcos
Shop foreman in US
Farming, 11–50 Employees

Time tracking can save you time

5.0 last month New

Comments: Great recommendation to all employers to try

Pros:

It was easy to use and the work is all done for you

Cons:

The cost and the. Constant update it requires

Adam
Founder in Spain
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Easy to use time tracker

5.0 last week New

Comments: Our main use of this software is to accurately track the time our consultants spend with clients. Instead of using a stopwatch, which would be highly unprofessional, or using an estimated time, which wouldn't be accurate, Time Tracker adds a layer of sophistication while keeping things simple.

Pros:

Some aspects of the business are simple and don't need overcomplicating. Time Tracker for us is just that; an easy solution to track time professionally (Not using a stopwatch). It also integrates the billing aspect as well. It links our payment processor to invoice our clients and sends the invoice to our accounting software. It is also valuable to have the ability to create an email follow-up sequence in case clients don't make the payment.

Cons:

Apart from the occasional late response from their customer service and the few glitches when entering the time, not much is inconvenient.

Joana Lou
Customer Service in Philippines
Computer & Network Security, 51–200 Employees

Time Tracker Use

4.0 last month New

Comments: Good and easy to use and understand, best for big companies

Pros:

Accurate time tracking, efficient and give you an exact time to track

Cons:

Sometimes it log, but maybe because of many people using it or your connection

Med Amine
Med Amine
Student enginner in Morocco
Computer Software, 201–500 Employees

Effortless Time Management: A Time Tracker Review

4.0 2 months ago New

Comments: As a student engineer it manage my time

Pros:

Time Tracker manage my time and projects

Cons:

Mobile app's user interface a bit clunky

Elizabeth
Business Development Manager in US
Civil Engineering, 2–10 Employees

Time Tracker for Quickbooks LEDES invoicing

Comments: I haven't had a horrible experience, because the customer service is good. And, typically we can work through the issues. They are able to go right in and see the problem. Developers have fixed things I have caught and got them working. And, it does sync well and work well once you get used to the issues.

Pros:

I liked most that it combined capturing receipt images for creating expenses, and time entries, and created invoices that sync with QuickBooks and allows for LEDES export. It allowed us to do away with separate expense and time entry apps, and provide LEDES for clients that required that. While allowing us to keep using QuickBooks desktop as our primary bookkeeping software.

Cons:

This software has been developed with a lot of bugs or inconsistencies. Many things have not been tested, and are not working properly or in the same manner across the app. It is learned by trial and error. Some of the ways things flow makes little sense.

Oluwadamilola
Operations Manager in Benin
Financial Services, 11–50 Employees

A PErsonal Look at Time Tracker - An All in One Time Management Tool

Comments: Overall, I've been very happy with my experience with Time Tracker. It's been a great tool for helping me stay on track and stay organized.

Pros:

With Time Tracker, I am able to effectively plan and manage my time, allowing me to stay organized and on top of tasks. I love being able to track how much time I spend on projects and the ability to set goals and reminders.

Cons:

Unfortunately, Time Tracker's interface can be a bit confusing and overwhelming. It also lacks some key features that other time tracking apps have, such as team collaboration capabilities.

Wala
Researcher in Germany
Research, 11–50 Employees

Excellent Time management Tool

Pros:

Time Tracker is indeed one of the smartest tools for timekeeping and saving. It is such a fast and easy to use App. It did help researchers and employees in various sites keep track of the time they are taking to complete research-related tasks, specifically when engaged with one-on-one research participants. It thus helped us define and allocate research targets more appropriately.

Cons:

Very seldomly the software will time out and you will have to recalculate time spent on different tasks. It also could be a bit difficult to use on phone screens, and thus researchers out in the field had to create a paper version of their work time, and re-enter it in the app once they are back at the office

Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Time Tracker

Comments: I don't have to come up with my own method of tracking employee and contractor hours. Integration with Quickbooks now with the web client is seemless. Things pretty much work well now.

Pros:

Multi-platform with ease of use. Flexibility to allow you to record multiple days and hours in a single line-item or (like me) track each individual day separately so that I can report to my customers exactly what was done when I was there billing hourly. No save button the stuff is automatically saved when you tab past and entry in the web client. Mobile clients for Android and iPhone are very functional.

Cons:

Screen handling is sometimes buggy. Every once in a while you end up with two lines per entry which typically happens on a larger screen. I have a 4K display and sometimes when I make the screen size large enough to fit the entire width of the screen the second line pops in which makes no sense. I would also like more flexibility in enlarging sections of the screen, and the ability to eliminate fields that I don't use, but that's just cosmetic things. The program works great. Andriod and iPhone clients don't capitalize the first word in a sentence for some reason even though it does that in other applications. This causes editing issues later for me when I bill the customer. I get statements from my workers like "i moved sue's computer" and typically if I dictate in other applications it comes out like "I moved Sue's computer" -- I'm not sure why they don't use the typical text processors on the platform

eBillity Response

6 years ago

Thank you very much for your business and your time with Time Tracker by Ebillity. We greatly appreciate the feedback, and the review you have taken the time to write here on Capterra. I would appear you encountered some technical difficulties when using Time Tracker. If you ever have any comments, questions, or concerns, please call us at 800-851-0992. Thank you again!

Sharmin
Admin in Bangladesh
Food Production, 11–50 Employees

Efficient Time Tracking Made Easy

Comments: Overall, Time Tracker has been an excellent time tracking tool for me. Its ease of use and customizable features make it a great option for individuals and teams alike. While the free version is limited, the paid version offers great value for the price.

Pros:

Easy to Use: Time Tracker has a user-friendly interface that makes it easy to track time for multiple projects. The interface is simple and intuitive, with clear labels and options for customization.Mobile App: The Time Tracker mobile app is a great feature that allows me to track time on-the-go. It's available for both iOS and Android devices and provides all the same functionality as the desktop version.Customizable Reports: Time Tracker allows me to generate detailed reports based on the data I've tracked. These reports can be customized by date range, project, and even individual team members.Integrations: Time Tracker integrates with popular project management tools such as Asana, Trello, and Basecamp. This makes it easy to sync time tracking data with project management data.

Cons:

Limited Free Version: While Time Tracker does offer a free version, it is limited in functionality. The free version only allows for time tracking on one project and does not include the mobile app or detailed reporting.No Idle Time Detection: Time Tracker does not have an idle time detection feature, which means that if you forget to stop the timer when you take a break, it will continue tracking time.

Mohammad
Director in India
E-Learning, 11–50 Employees

Good Time Tracking Tool

Pros:

Pros:Time tracking: Time Tracker allows users to track time spent on projects, tasks, and clients, which can be useful for billing clients accurately and for analyzing productivity.Easy invoicing: Time Tracker provides invoicing features that allow users to create and send invoices to clients, making it easier to get paid for work completed.Customizable reports: Time Tracker provides customizable reports that allow users to analyze their time data and invoicing data, providing insights into productivity, profitability, and other metrics.Mobile app: Time Tracker has a mobile app that allows users to track time and expenses on the go, making it convenient for remote or mobile workers.Integrations: Time Tracker integrates with other tools such as QuickBooks, Xero, and Dropbox, making it easier to manage invoicing and accounting.

Cons:

Cons:Learning curve: Time Tracker can have a bit of a learning curve, especially for users who are not familiar with time tracking and invoicing software.Limited invoicing features: While Time Tracker provides basic invoicing features, it may not have as many customization options or advanced invoicing features as other invoicing tools.Limited project management features: Time Tracker is primarily focused on time tracking and invoicing and may not have as many project management features as other project management tools.Limited customer support: Some users have reported that customer support can be slow or unresponsive.Price: While Time Tracker offers a free trial, it can be expensive for small businesses or individuals, especially if they require additional features such as invoicing and project management.

Wilson
technical officer in Uganda
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 501–1,000 Employees

"Streamline Your Time Management with X - A Comprehensive Review of the Best Time Tracking Software

Comments: Using time tracker software can be a useful experience for individuals and teams looking to improve their productivity and manage their time more effectively. Some benefits of using time tracker software include the ability to accurately track time spent on specific tasks, projects, or clients, set reminders to stay on schedule, and generate detailed reports on time usage. This can help users to identify areas where they may be wasting time, or where they may need to allocate more time to meet project goals. Additionally, time tracking software can also be used to bill clients accurately and manage team member’s time and productivity. However, some users may find it to be an intrusive experience and might not like the idea of being constantly monitored.

Pros:

Increased productivity: By tracking the time spent on different tasks, employees can better understand how they are using their time and make adjustments to increase efficiency.Improved project management: Time tracking software can be used to track the progress of projects and help managers identify any potential delays or issues.Accurate billing: Time tracking software can be used to accurately bill clients for the time spent on a project, which can help improve the financial management of the company.Better time management: Time tracking software can help employees better manage their time by providing a clear picture of how they are using their time and where they may need to make adjustments.

Cons:

rivacy concerns: Some employees may be uncomfortable with the idea of having their work monitored.Distraction: The act of constantly monitoring time spent on tasks can be distracting and disrupt workflow.Inaccuracy: Time tracking software may not accurately capture all of the time spent on a task, particularly if an employee is multitasking.Resistance to change: Employees may resist using the software if they are not used to having their work monitored or if they feel that it is unnecessary.

Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees

Best and easy to use application for time and expense tracking

Comments: Time tracking applications provide numerous benefits. It help individuals and businesses effectively manage their time, improve productivity, optimize resource allocation, track project progress, and generate accurate reports for billing and analysis. Time tracking application enable better time management, enhanced efficiency, and informed decision-making, resulting in improved productivity and overall success.

Pros:

Really great and easy to use, flexible as bave Mobile access. Helped us in below mentioned thingsEfficient time tracking and management.Streamlined project planning and resource allocation.Accurate reporting and analytics for productivity evaluation.Integration with other tools for seamless workflow management

Cons:

Enhancing the user interface for a more intuitive and visually appealing experience.Adding more advanced customization options to tailor the tracking process to individual preferences.Improving performance and responsiveness to ensure smooth usage, especially with large amounts of data.Expanding integration options with a wider range of project management and accounting tools for increased versatility.

Wangari
Wangari
Operations - Mass Market Agent Coordinator in Kenya
Retail, 51–200 Employees

Time keeping and Resource Management made easier with Time Tracker

Pros:

Every business needs to keept tab of all your business operations from knowing employees productivity, the clients, projects making or costing the business more money. With Time Tracker we are able to track time irregadless our location and even if you are offline. The mobile app is handy to work from anywhere. The premium version is reasonably priced for all to afford. Its very easy to use with no to minimal training required. Keeping records with Time Tracker is accurate and helps our company know where and when to cut costs, knowing which employees requires help and training, which projects requires more time to complete among others.

Cons:

Time is money and when utilised well, you get reward for increased productivity and generally meeting your company’s goals. Time Tracker is what every business needs to suceed

Blake
Owner/ President in US
Environmental Services, 2–10 Employees

Could be more user friendly.

Comments: Time tracker has been great for most of my employees to track their hours accurately, as well as give me a way to double check those hours using the mapping feature.

Pros:

Time Tracker was great for being a simple to use, easy to learn app for employees to track their hours.

Cons:

Some of my employees experienced difficulties with the user-interface depending on what type of phone they used (iPhone vs. Android). Android users had difficulties seeing all of the buttons that would need to be clicked to produce an accurate timesheet.

Computer Software, 11–50 Employees

Basic usage with no issues for many years

Comments: The tracker does simply work and I've never had problems with fearfully entering in hours because it was always possible to reach out to our payments person and have them revert our latest submissions in order to fix them.

Pros:

The interface is rather straight forward and because we have many different buckets of things that we can bill to, we are able to make our weekly breakdowns as complicated or as simple to read and bill the clients for as we want. This makes it so that people record time the way that best suits them and their level of detail.

Cons:

It's minor, but the comment boxes where I put in all of my time descriptions are rather small and are word limited. This is annoying because it forces me to be needlessly terse or enter in many more rows than I would like to in order to fit everything I did in a week in. Also not necessarily a minus but I found very little need to use the timer that they provide as there are so many times that I would start and stop a task's timer because I was distracted or something more important came up that it was a hassle to maintain.

Simple and intuitive interface; easily track time on computer or phone.

Pros:

Its simple and intuitive interface are my favorite aspect. I find that the actual actions of setting a running timer or filling in the times after the fact are both easy to do because the interface is designed in a way that one would predict it should be. The ability to carry over hours on the same task into the next day is very helpful as well due to the fact that as an attorney, often my tasks go way past midnight. This leads to greater clarity for the customer as to what she is being charged for which task that was done when.

Cons:

What I like least about Ebillity is the fact that it is very difficult to reconfigure the size of the columns in the Timesheets view. there is often not enough room for me to see the entire task description at one glance. Further, there is no way to set up standard task descriptions that could be more speedily added from a dropdown menue. Furthermore, if non-administrators could have access to viewing current billing and invoices without actually being able to change any data that would be a tremendous plus. In small firms, the billing administrator is not always around when clients have questions regarding their bills.

Zuzana
V-P, COO in US
Airlines/Aviation, 2–10 Employees

Has the right features but it's expensive and app is glitchy

Comments: For some of your customers a sales person is not needed. It was nice to get someone contacting me but some applications are more simple. I just need my employes to clock in and clock out, to approve the timesheet and import to Quicbooks. In my opinion $60/month for 4 employees for these features is too much.

Pros:

Integration with Quickbooks is the main reason I use the software. The mobile app for my employees to track time.

Cons:

I have used previous early versions of this software for years and came back to it when I needed it. But, for what I need there are a lot of unused features that are challenging to opt out of but regardless I pay for. There should be less expensive version without the extra features that I don't need in my current application, reimbursing, invoicing, customer selection, etc. (These are needed when tracking lawyer time, but not in my manufacturing setup). Setup would be easier to navigate and perhaps the app would be less robust and glitchy. I frequently deal with employees having issues with the app. Freezing up, needing re-install or amending incorrect entries because of the glitches. This costs me my time and their time. This is the reason that I am looking for an alternate solution, and when it presents itself I will likely switch.

Michele
Accountant in US
Medical Devices, 2–10 Employees

I am the accountant and find it does everything I need, we utilize it fully

Comments: I think the product is working very effectively for us. I would not change anything!

Pros:

I love how it integrates with QB so easliy, love how it brings over complex transactions such as customers and jobs, service items, payroll items, class tracking, etc. I also love the chat function and have had nothing but excellent service!

Cons:

that some of my employees find that the mobile app does not work that efficiently. in the past (not recently) have had syncing errors which caused delays.

eBillity Response

6 years ago

Hi Michele! Thanks for the honest review. We really appreciate your feedback, as we are always trying to make improvements to our product. Please feel free to check out our new and improved mobile app: IOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ebillity-time-tracker-for/id468586078?ls=1&mt=8 Andriod: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cg.android.ebillitytimetracker Please feel free to reach out to our support team at [email protected] or call us at (800) 851-0992 for free support regarding this issue or anything else that you have questions about. We would love to help! -Alex from eBillity

Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

Best for time management and time tracking

Comments: Overall it is good to have a tool with an eye-appealing and easy-to-use user interface.

Pros:

I like the time tracking and its integration with Jira and basecamp is top-tier because it allows me to keep track of which how much time I had spent on which task and which assignment so it's a good to have tool.

Cons:

I do not dislike anything about the Time Tracker.