TeamViewer Reviews

4.6 (10,542) Write a Review!

About TeamViewer

TeamViewer empowers you to connect to any device to support anyone, any process, or anything — from anywhere, anytime.

Learn more about TeamViewer

Pros:

The greatest feature is the ease of access to support customers remotely. There was prerequisites to integrate with our existing platform, it was seemless.

Cons:

It's slow and clunky, often having trouble launching. Their new Web Monitoring product which replaced Monitis is half-baked and missing features, we are unable to use it.

TeamViewer ratings

4.6
4.3
4.6
4.4

8.8/10

TeamViewer has an overall rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars based on 10,542 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used TeamViewer before?

Filter reviews (10,542)

Rizwan
Rizwan
Team Lead in Pakistan

TeamViewer user end

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: Many time i installed applications to other remote system during work while other user unable to knowing. I personally recommend it on the basis of experience.easy to handle with its functionality.

Pros:

Yes, easily integrated with our business. We really to recommend it. One time credentials its uniqueness to quickly use or connect to other system.

Cons:

As i noticed, it requires internet either installed in system or online version. It shouldnt be while installed version. In this way its easy to handle any time. Thats reason our company stucked if nets off.

Brandon R
Brandon R
Software Engineer in US
Wireless, 501-1,000 Employees

Excellent for time and cost savings. Ideal for support to people outside the company.

4.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: Remote connection is possible from anywhere, so you can work from the office, while traveling, or from home, improving efficiency. It can minimize the amount of time and effort necessary to go to the location, as well as the expense of transportation. Previously, it used to go to the end user to work and solve the problems, but after the introduction, the time to go to the site and the cost of going there are reduced, the work efficiency is improved and the problems are recovered. Good things like shortening the time and reducing transportation costs. It increases work efficiency when dealing with PC problems.

Pros:

It became a means to connect from the inside to the outside, the problems that could be solved, the concrete effects, and the outside. Before I could connect from an external computer to an internal computer through a VPN connection, but I could not do the reverse pattern. It is now possible to connect from inside the company to outside the company, and it is now possible to explain outsiders sharing the computer screen. I use it to teach people outside the company how to operate a computer. If only the ID and password are provided over the phone, you can connect immediately and it is easier to use than other software. Also, the connection is difficult to interrupt and there is no delay in reaction, so you can use it comfortably.

Cons:

Occasionally, you may not be able to connect from the start, or if you think it has hardened during use, the connection may disconnect, so check.

QA Engineer in India

Lags a lot sometimes

3.0 last month New

Comments: During my work, it is crucial for me to make changes to a remote system, even though the setup is fairly easy, the screen sharing sometimes lags and has performance issues, I also don't like the placement of the chat feature at the top. It is an important software for us as we use it regularly and i feel there is a lot of room for improvement with UI and performance

Pros:

The best thing about Team viewer is that it allows for easy remote access to other systems by just sharing the Team viewer ID and password, it easily allows for making changes to a remote system without much hassle. So yes, for me the setup is the easiest part.

Cons:

We mostly use Team viewer while we are connected on a call on Microsoft teams and we have noticed that running the two simultaneously, eliminates the voice from the call, so instead of talking to each other we would require to chat on the team viewer to convey information, this is pretty annoying, as also the chat feature of the team viewer isn't the greatest.

Angus
Company Director in UK
Retail, 2-10 Employees

Must have for team collaborations

Comments: Using TeamViewer has saved me so much time, I no longer need to run over to an employees machine when there is a problem, I can simply connect to their device wi9thTeamViewer and see the problem. I'd estimate that it's also saved my business a lot of money, enabling our engineers to remote into machines when they are at home for critical issues, without the need to come into the office. I'd recommend it to anyone, any day.

Pros:

The best thing about TeamViewer is it's simplicity. I can open it up, type in the ID and password for my colleagues device, and be connected to their device instantly. There is no messing about with technical configurations, TeamViewer makes connecting one device to another extremely simple, and I love it.

Cons:

There isn't much that I dislike about the software, the only issue I could say is that the updates are infrequent, but it's not a big issue since the software has most features you could ever want already.

Thando
Thando
General Worker in South Africa

Tando's TeamViewer Review

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: TeamViewer has been a very exquisite digital platform experience, not even oneday have I tried an alternative software to do what this software has done for me
I learnt a lot and I've worked with different people from different places I wouldn't even imagine of going but through this software that was made possible and a lot of opportunities have been seized I thank the developers for implementing this one

Pros:

It allows viewers to connect with a wide variety of endpoints, They are cheap and have a wide range of pricing depending on their customers they also have a free trial and plan They are Web Based, On premises, Mobile device4

Cons:

The internet lags but thats just based on my internet connection. The price can be too steep for a small business There is a learning curve eve for none users to learn the system It allows voogle to access information about you from your profile that sounds risky to me given the fact that its remotely controlled

Data Analyst in Canada
Banking, 10,000+ Employees

Great product!

5.0 last month New

Comments: The benefits are huge when it comes to using this product over time. Saves a lot of work, would recommend it!

Pros:

I like how easy it is to sync between devices and manage it over time. The seamless experience would be something I liked the most as compared to the other competitors.

Cons:

I don't like the fact that it's confusing to assess the features available on their free/paid tiers. Displaying the features correctly would be something they could work on.

Fred
Fred
Owner in US
Computer & Network Security, Self Employed

Really a Cadillac of remote access

5.0 last month New

Comments: It has served me well. It is my main tool, but I do also keep AnyDesk on the back burner for the times this is not working,

Pros:

It is smooth and quick, even on slower connections. It has fewer downtimes than some

Cons:

It's cost is prohibitive for the small business user

Chibuike
Chibuike
Head of IT and Support in Nigeria
Professional Training & Coaching, 2-10 Employees

My TeamViewer Feedback

5.0 last month New

Comments: It's one of the best and most rugged software in the market that has the best remote access/control file sharing capability.

Pros:

One of the major features I don't joke with and always recommend to my friends and colleagues is its remote access/control. I work in the Support department so it solves the most complex issues for my client and staff.

Cons:

My major issue with it is its interface. Yes, I am techy and I get it. But most people I recommend it to find it difficult to use for their businesses. So I suggest they go outside the box and develop their UI for both PC and mobile versions to make it friendly and very interactive.

Vivek
Software engineer in India
Information Technology & Services, 501-1,000 Employees

Life saver during Work From Home times

4.0 last month New

Comments: So far, teamviewer has been a crucial cog in my day to day activities which has had a positive impact on my job

Pros:

I have been working from home for the past 2 years and Teamviewer has been a great enabled for this venture

Cons:

Sometimes, the system lags a bit which is irritating

Haresh
Haresh
Partner in India
Education Management, 2-10 Employees

#1 for screen sharing

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: 10/10 for screenshare, 7/10 call audio quality. Ensure that your system meets the minimum needed specs and internet speed (esp, mobile data)

Pros:

#1 for screenshare amongst all others (incl. zoom and skype) used

Cons:

call audio quality could use a boost. Zoom does much better here

Jhonjerlyn
CEO in US
Real Estate, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Stable remote connections with much more direct communication.

5.0 last month New

Comments: My overall experience with TeamViewer has been really good, this software has been helping us within my corporate area and also within the other areas of our real estate company, all of our employees are using it to connect remotely when needed, and they also use it to connect with clients remotely, this software is quite useful in this company and helps us to optimize the remote connection. I must admit that the general use of this platform has been really simple, from the first moment I started using it, you will not know how easy it was, and its general interface is quite comfortable to check several remote connections.

Pros:

One of the main things that I like about TeamViewer is that I can connect to another computer without having to go through a complex process, just by having the ID and password of the computer I want to connect to, I can connect immediately. Another thing that I like is that I can modify the video quality and the fluency of the remote connection, TeamViewer has a function to improve the video quality, when using that function the fluency of the remote transmission can be slightly affected, also when I use the function of improving the smoothness of the connection, the video quality may be affected in a certain way. These two functions help TeamViewer to work on high-end and low-end computers. Lastly, I love the streaming audio and real-time chat, I can also connect with the other person via camera while doing the remote connection, that's great.

Cons:

One of the main things that have to improved within this platform is the transfer of files, on several occasions I have tried to transfer files while making a remote connection, the transfer of files takes a long time even though I try to transfer few files simultaneously. Another thing that needs to be improved is that the App for mobile devices is a bit difficult to use, it does not have a zoom button to be able to zoom in on a specific part of the remote connection, and thus be able to operate a computer much more easily.

Bilal
Bilal
telecom service provider in Pakistan
Telecommunications, 10,000+ Employees

Its very helpful and amazing to use

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: For me it's TeamViewer. I find it much better than Skype for video conferencing. With TeamViewer many people can join in very easily with a access key provided to everyone. Another good feature is that you can control one computer from another so presentations, documents, etc could be edited by a bunch of editors online as they speak, discuss and edit. If you have a question or need clarification/suggestion, leave it in the comments or message me!

Pros:

So many great comments here. For me, I started coding emails, testing in several clients to make sure things didn’t break. Then I was given opportunity to be a PHP developer in the same company. I learned on the job but no one ever taught me about security. Soon, that company folded. When trying to get another PHP job nobody would hire me because of my lack of security knowledge. Then I was hired to do some front end work - mainly HTML, CSS, Javascript (rarely Javascript). That company had layoffs and I soon found myself looking for a job and nobody would hire me because I did not have Angular or React knowledge. My experiences have been pretty much the same through my last 15 years of tech. I’ve learned that unless you just want to spend your life in front of a computer learning the NEW framework or language… you shouldn’t be in tech/software/web. And think of the reward you get… 25 years ago if you knew simple website languages, you could make $100k per year. Now, you have to know so much more and only on rare occasions be paid $120k - $140k…. most times… only $80k. It’s insane! Honestly, if I could go back in time, I’d be a dentist, eye doctor, or build houses. Software is for those who don’t have anything else to do in life except software. A better life is to learn one thing well that does not change too much and gives you free time to be with friends and family.

Cons:

I did it that way, but that was some 45+ years ago. I quit college and never got a degree. It was a difficult path then, and more difficult now. But if you have no other choice then it is the path you will take. If you love programming, then you are (and always will be) a programmer. You will need to have all the answers ahead of everyone else. That means when a new language (like Julia) comes out, you will download it and spend nights programming with it. So that when someone in the office mentions Julia, You whip out your laptop and show them the advantages and disadvantages. It is a lot of time and dedication. But even if you get a degree, you would need to spend that time anyway to become one of the best.

Raj
DGM Marketing in India
Mining & Metals, 1,001-5,000 Employees

A simple tool to instantly connect with your team

Comments: TeamViewer is a beautiful tool to work as a team, provided you consider safety tips.

Pros:

1. You need to share your username and code safely with another person, and that person can instantly connect to your device screen. The fact that it works immediately is the most significant plus point. It is as easy as one-two-three: three simple steps. 2. Both users can work on the same screen with their mouse control. It can be used for training, troubleshooting, or collaboration. 3. It is safe that the password to connect changes every few minutes. The other person cannot join without your permission. 4. More than one person can connect to one screen to discuss, resolve, or learn something together. 5. There are many things that you can’t explain over the phone or chat. Once the screen is under your control, you can work better as a team of two or more persons. 6. It allows remote access only to authorized persons. 7. You can hold virtual meetings, save contacts for future use, etc. 8. It works both ways: either you give control or control someone else’s device, as per your requirements. 9. You can start TeamViewer automatically when Windows starts or allow unattended access. It may be helpful when you want to connect to your computer kept elsewhere. 10. Many advanced settings can help you gain better control over other devices.

Cons:

1. There is no method available to communicate with other users. You may have to talk over the phone or chat to say something. 2. It may be unsafe to provide control of your computer to unknown persons. They may steal your information without you realizing it. 3. When the internet is slow or erratic, the tool behaves irrationally, and all team members may get a terrible experience, lags, delays, etc. 4. It may be pretty unsafe to provide unattended access to strangers. 5. Many advanced features are payment-based.

Nikodem
R&D Control Engineer in Poland
Automotive, 5,001-10,000 Employees

TeamViewer, my goto program for remote support

Comments: I'm using TeamViewer since many years. Usually to help family with PC problems. TeamViewer always worked without any issues and provided smooth way to work on the actual problem. I would highly recommend it for such purposes. I also like the fact that it's multiplatform, so I can use my Linux PC to connect with Windows.

Pros:

I'm using TeamViewer to help my friends and family with their PCs. One of the biggest advantages of TeamViewer are very easy installation (or you can even run it without installing) and configuration. Other softwares that I've used (Radmin, TightVNC) require port forwarding, which is usually beyond regular user technical knowledge. TeamViewer works without this extra hassle. Additionaly there is bunch of extra features like built-in chat for communicating with other person or drag-drop capability for file exchange. Clipboard is also shared by default, so working with this remote desktop software is delightful and allows to focus on actual problem. Another interesting feature is possibility to create an account and adding all PCs that we want to manage into the account. After that we can control any PC at any time. Very convenient if we for example have powerful PC doing some work and would like to supervise this process, while being away.

Cons:

I cannot think of any real downside of the TeamViewer other than its pricing for commercial use. I was planning to use it for remote control of the PCs in the small company (family business, 4 PCs to control), but I really cannot justify paying so much for this. Therefore I am using other software with less functionality, but much cheaper.

Kashan
Assistant Manager IT Systems in Pakistan
Pharmaceuticals, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Troubleshooting get Easier for Remote Areas

Comments: Experience with team viewer was over all good and helps very much for remote support and specially during the lock down but the main issue i have to face is that user have to install it. in the organization structure, admin rights are not provided so it creates a big trouble.
also during the remote session it lags which is the major defect for a technical to work with it as he have to wait after every move of cursor and click to avoid the mistakes and blunders.
Chat and video calling options are great also the request of control is the key feature.
File transfer is slow so it is better to use alternate ways like cloud storage.

Pros:

Team Viewer is a good software for IT persons as well as other users who have to connect with other colleagues or users remotely. This software is mostly use by IT person to provide support to other users who are connected remotely and specially in the scenario of lock down as at that situation you have only option to connect remotely and team viewer helps a lot to get the session and help them out. You can preform chat and video call too through team viewer which help in communicating . Files transfer option is also available.

Cons:

You have to install the software first then you can use it, if the user is on remote side and they do not have admin rights which is not recommended too then you are not able to get the access. It lags too much which cause so much difficulty and due to this lagging chance of mistakes are higher and mostly you have to revert the changes, moreover users are not much technical or knowledgeable normally due to which technical guys face a lot of issues. Files transfer rate is too slow that you have to go on other options.

Bill
President in US

A solid, but expensive, remote control tool for supporting clients

Comments: TeamViewer was a great solution that allowed us to easily provide support services to our customers. However, the constant need to upgrade, the inability for older versions to talk to newer versions, and the business practices of selling perpetual licenses one day and forcing people into a subscription model the next is not reassuring.

Pros:

When we chose TeamViewer, they offered a great deal for the money, spending money to buy the software license once with no recurring fees. The ability to provide "zero-install" links on our web site to allow customers to get us connected to their systems was a huge plus for a remote support environment. And even better, they were far cheaper than other solutions at the time, like GoToMyPC, LogMeIn, RAdmin, and others for an environment where you needed to support random users around the globe.

Cons:

Sadly, shortly after we bought our expensive, "perpetual, no recurring fees" license and got everything set up, TeamViewer changed the game entirely, switching to a pure subscription model. So, after advertising that our high one-time fee wouldn't require maintenance fees, the new model now requires an annual subscription, and we have been stuck on v12 for the last several years with no ability to get onto a newer version unless we want to spend even more money on the subscription. As other solutions have since arisen (like Zoom) that are far less expensive, we do not feel that we will ever renew our TeamViewer license because of this. Once they turn off the ability for TeamViewer 12 to work (which they have done for older versions already), then we'll simply be removing it from our systems.

Ilsa
Hr Administrator in South Africa
Retail, 51-200 Employees

Remote Desktop that works for you

Comments: I use Teamviewer for remote control when im unable to be at work and also to be able to provide technical support to my fellow staff members at other branches. My experience with Teamviewer is only what i can describe as a delight. Its simplicity and ease of access is undeniably the best in its field. It cannot compare to other remote desktops, Teamviewer stands out as the number one platform to use.

Pros:

Team Viewer is very reliable and easy to use. It is a simple and secure way to connect to computers remotely. I love that i can work from home when need be. I like the fact that it has multiple features to choose from and that you dont have to use many apps as on Teamviewer they are already there. The best feature for me is the unattended access allowing me access immediately at any time of day.

Cons:

The only thing i found least to like is that both station's need to be on the same upgrade level on Teamviewer. You cannot access the one if the other is on a different version of Teamviewer. Also if your internet connection is a bit slow it starts kicking you out at times.

Timothy
PM in Kenya

Straight forward Remote connection for most needed Cases

Comments: We have used Teamviewer on and off over the last 10 years to provide connectivity to remote machines and have succeeded more than 95% of the time.
It has also relatively improved its features most notably allowing connectivity to a machine with older version of the software, which was not previously possible for a long time, was a major pain point, and one of the most needed features as it was usually the reason we always used it concurrently with another vendor.
Finally, its ability to remember and save previously connected computers really saves a lot of time and headache.

Pros:

Team viewer has worked for me on nearly all devices you can think of; Mac, PC, mobile, tablet, ios. It is straightforward to install and allow connectivity most times. 8/10 of none IT savvy users on windows were able to download, install and enable connection within a few minutes of sharing the link.

Cons:

Getting a not IT savvy user to set it up and enable connection on a mac has been a stumbling block more than a few times . Other software tested was able to achieve the same in a relatively easier manner and I have had to resort to them when unsuccessful.

Marco
Marco
IT Manager in Ecuador
Retail, 2-10 Employees

Teamviewer: A remote superhero

Comments: I have used the software for a long time to be able to provide technical support both at a personal and corporate level, its interface is intuitive and does its job very well, it is widely used on Windows systems since the installation on other systems such as Linux is a bit difficult due to because you must have the appropriate knowledge to do it, what I like the most is that I can have privacy in what I am doing and being able to share files between teams is the best thing.

Pros:

To say that it is teamviewer is like asking what fire is for, it is the best and for a long time the pioneer in terms of taking remote control of a computer via the Internet, is a sotware that is not necessary to install it to use it and that allows us to work in collaboration no matter from where we connect, it is used primarily in corporate environments that can afford its price, allows us to use the remote computer as if we were in front of it without having to request permission or have alguin in front of the computer. It is multisystem but it is used more in Windows environments being able to exchange files in a unidirectional way to be able to give support or to work in team. Additionally it can be used at home on a trial or time limited basis. Its installation and interface is extremely intuitive and it is not necessary to get lost in menus to find any of its tools and it offers many features that facilitate our work to those of us who are especially immersed in IT management.

Cons:

The cost of your license is something that scares away the vast majority of people who could use the software relegating it mostly to corporate environments, another drawback I've had personally is the interoperability between systems when we take control of a Windows-Linux computer or vice versa and control of the computer from the Android phone is impossible.

Manager IT in India
Pharmaceuticals, 10,000+ Employees

"Team Viewer" Best helpdesk tool for Remote Access and support for Desktop and Mobiles.

Comments: My Over Experience with TeamViwer is very positive and happy with the outcome and usage of TW.

Pros:

Most of the time we are uses TeamViewer for Remote access and Support for the Desktop and Mobile Users. Really, this is very good and helpful with great outcomes an easy to use by both end, Also very helpful for time and travel cost.

Cons:

NO, I don't feel anything like this if you are using paid license, with free and trail pack you will face issue the limit time of the. session

Nitin
Nitin
Senior graphics designer in India
Information Technology & Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Really helpful remote troubleshooting and collaborating tool for work from home startups

Comments: If someone want to make their collaboration seamless without having to take only video calls and explain everything in one go then this tool is is best choice. You can collaborate and take control of your team's desktop or system while recording every step followed while troubleshooting.

Pros:

I have been connected to teamviewer since 8 months, whenever I need help in troubleshooting a project for my team I just have them share their screen take control of everything and its done in no time. Its really reduce time of making things done while working remotely. I also liked the way of collaboration happened via teamviewer, I can be able to share any type of files while live chatting or doing any call. Its easy to setup and use in any type of team.

Cons:

After updating to newer version of teamviewer, cursor from other desktop have been hidden and that's make trouble if client want to show something using their cursor. Also its pricing is not justifiable for me as its basic plan is comparably higher than other solutions.

Maurice M.
Maurice M.
General Manager in Trinidad & Tobago

Affordable Support For Your Remote Teams

Comments: I love this platform. Teamviewer was the easiest implementation of remote access and support for devices within my business. On a personal note, I've used it to access my personal computer, and to assist my mother with her technical needs, when I could not get to her. When, in the height of the pandemic, I was forced to allow my team to work in the cloud, we purchased a license, and all of a sudden, I was able to manage our server, and staff was able to log in to their work computers. When we were finally able to access the office, and I allowed staffers to leave with their computers, this was how we were able to support team members when sometimes, one person would usually have asked someone to help with something on their computer. I'm still anxious to try some of the newer features when my schedule permits.

Pros:

Teamviewer presents a powerful and stable platform for remote access to computers, regardless of the platform you intend to connect from. In an increasingly connected world, this is your method of connecting to multiple computers within your business. It also doesn't matter the version of your Windows, where Microsoft's Remote Desktop requires the Pro versions.

Cons:

My main issue isn't a problem, to be quite frank. When using teamviewer on mobile, there are a bit too many finger gestures which are required to mimic different mouse clicks. I figure that learning from the existing gestures on android and iOS might be beneficial

Umurhan
system specialist in Turkey
Sports, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Comments: In general, it is the remote connection program that I have used the most both in my private life and in my business life. I am very satisfied.

Pros:

My favorite feature is that I can provide an easy and secure connection. And providing the necessary security by giving a password before the connection.

Cons:

The aspect that I like least is that if another user has one of the lower versions of this software, remote connection cannot be established, the versions must be the same, I would like this to be ignored.

Ross
PM in US
Entertainment, 5,001-10,000 Employees

Amazing app for remote support

Comments: Used it to support a number of users remotely from my machine - worked like a charm. All I need to tell them is to launch the app, tell me the id/password and voila, I'm in. Copy/paste files, operating windows, etc.

Pros:

1. Extremely easy to use, almost 0 learning curve - everything is straightforward and intuitive, plus available on all platforms (I was supporting PC machines from a mac) 2. Robust mobile app that has most of the functionality accessible via a phone 3. Free for personal use!

Cons:

1. The ID/password combo is sometimes a bit cumbersome and should be replaced by an easier two factor identification using a phone. 2. Very little not to like otherwise - minimal lag, everything just works.

Vashishrao
Vashishrao
Student in Mauritius
Information Technology & Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees

TeamViewer - A Fast and Safe software for Remote Control

Comments: Teamviewer is a safe product and it is also uses AES 256-bit encryption. It has enable me to perform task remotely just by sitting from my desk, rather from moving physcially. TeamViewer has helped me to make lots of savings on fuel as well as on time. Worth mentioning is also the customer service that you have after purchasing the product. Below are a few personal advantages I noted while using this application;
- Fast, secured and reliable (The other person can restrict your access at any time, thus it is a positive security concern).
- Able to communicate with the other user via a chat box, voice call or video call.
- Able to transfer files to the other data over TeamViewer itself.
- Able to take screenshots or make video recording of the receipient screen.
- Able to access another device which is not on the same platform (cross-platform).
- Works within a low-bandwith environment.
However, as all great software, it has a cost that comes with it. Thus, if you are planning to use it commercially, it is advised to purchase it, thus increasing the number of users that are connected to simultaenously. Nevertherless, it has proved its capabilities to be among the best remote control software available on the market. As a Junior IT Support Officer, I highly recommend this product.

Pros:

First and foremost, it is one of the best free remote access and free remote control softwate. It enables user (usually IT Support team) to have access remotely on your machine while limiting their physical movement especially during this Covid-19 pandemic. It is also a great tool to be used in environments where there is a low-bandwidth. Moreover it has also helped me to communicates with the recepient via a chat box or via call. I also have the option of transfering files via TeamViewer, thus making it an ideal office tool for anyone who want to gain access to a system without any physcial movement, thus helps in saving time and gas money. It is also a cross-platform application (User can control any device that are on either Linux, MacOS, Android, iOS or even on Rasberry Pi).

Cons:

One of my main concerns is that both parties (that is the person to whom I am connecting remotely and myself) need to have the same version installed on the machine or else, the application will not work. Another disadvantage is that large files cannot be shared over TeamViewer. The computer that I am connecting to also needs to be switched on and active which mean that the application needs to be remained open.