Revention POS Reviews

by Revention

Using Revention POS puts an independent operator on the same playing field as the big chains.

Reviewed on 17/03/2018
Scott A.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: The POS has saved me & made me money. Saving payroll with quick driver drawer balancing to having all th elittle upcharges programmed in. It really opened my eyes to the 'numbers' & numbers don't lie.

Pros: I researched POS systems for a few years before choosing Revention. I was very impressed with the marketing capabilities of the system, but as time went on & saw the possibilities of the system I realized I now had the tools to really run a business. The delivery module is more than I could expect, this alone has saved me time & money. I find it very easy to prgram menu items & coupons...The integration of online & mobile ordering platforms is incredible & let's my business run smoothly. I have always had good experiences with their 24/7 support staff & they go the extra mile to get any questions or issues I may have resolved.

Cons: You got to keep up with technology. Revention is always a step ahead of me & I am the one that never seems to be caught up with all the things this system can do.

Revention checks all the boxes and is about as user friendly as a POS system can get!

Reviewed on 15/08/2019
Ann S.
Director of Communications
Restaurants, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Revention is extremely straightforward and easy on the eyes! We're able to easily customize and change our menu when needed, and after experiencing a few other POS systems, I realized how much I love the daily reports that Revention sends out (and allows you to customize!)

Pros: It's extremely easy to use! It's so easy to train new employees and they can truly "master" the system (or at least the basics of it) after only a few uses.

Cons: Our business is VERY delivery heavy, so I do wish that some of the delivery features could be improved upon. Even still, it does the job and allows us to manage 100+ deliveries in about a two or three hour window of time!

by Revention on 16/08/2019

Thank you for reviewing Revention! We truly appreciate the kind words as we strive to provide an outstanding product to our customers.

Reviewed on 03/09/2019
Bob A.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: In the restaurant industry you have to have a great POS system to operate efficiently. Revention works great, and the customer service is fantastic.

Pros: It is a great system. The ordering system is simple and efficient, the reports are thorough, it seems to be able to do everything I need it to do.

Cons: As the system gets older little glitches are starting to appear. I believe updating the system would help

Revention is like a GPS for your business

Reviewed on 29/10/2019
Roger P.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: My experience with Revention has been everything I had hoped for. The soft ware keeps track of prior orders so that if you have an issue with a transaction it is at your fingertips.

Pros: I like how it. Keeps track of the servers tickets and money due. Also the servers’ tickets automatically go to the correct kitchen without the problem of reading illegible handwriting. Also it keeps the delivery drivers organized. We have been in business since 1963 and I wish we had Revention sooner, it has been a tremendous boost.

Cons: There isn’t really anything I don’t like about Revention. I wish I was more knowledgeable because it has much more features that I haven’t used.

by Revention on 04/11/2019

Hi Roger,

Thank you so much for your kind review. We are excited to see that Revention has helped your business grow!

Good software horrible company

Reviewed on 14/06/2018
Chris K.
Customer Support

Pros: Software is very user-friendly and easy to use. Very customizable as well. Took me about a day to learn how to use it and it's very easy to navigate.

Cons: The customer service is horrible. They raise the price by 30% in the middle of your contract without any warning or notice at all. If payment is not received within two days your current mapping system will no longer work. A mapping system that I've already paid for. They always do stuff like this. They know you need it so they just back you into a corner and say pay us or it won't work anymore. And then when you try to get a hold of management they never call you back. Horrible company.

Revention software user

Reviewed on 22/08/2019
Todd V.
General Manager
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Overall it has not been too bad sometimes you get a tech that is not well informed and it takes longer to get an issue fixed but that is understandable.

Pros: It is easy to navigate from one area to another

Cons: The fact that when someone uses the web and they put to many characters in the suite/Apt box it transluncates the order and we have no information for where to deliver the food too. We can retrieve the information as long as another Web order don't come thru before we retrieve the information. This has been an issue for may years and has not been fixed yet is disappointing to say the least.

Reviewed on 04/10/2019
Ben A.
Restaurants, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I have had a great experience with this software. Their customer support 24/7 has been a great feature they offer that we take advantage of. Any problem you have they will address quickly and resolve the issue.

Pros: The software is extremely user friendly. Very easy to train new employees on this software. Easy to change things within the POS as well.

Cons: I like the software and really don't have anything I don't like about it. It's very easy to use. Very easy to train on.

by Revention on 04/10/2019

Thank you so much for the wonderful review Ben. We are glad that our customer service has been able to assist you no matter the time of day!

Very good POS system

Reviewed on 22/10/2019
Joseph S.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: It has really helped my place of work easy to train employees to use the post system overall very satisfied

Pros: The speed of orders and the technical support team it is very good to print off my nightly paper work very easy system to learn

Cons: Some times credit card orders don't print sometimes u have to recalabrate the touch screen monitor but works great highly recommend

Hi Joseph,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. We at Revention love to hear such great things on how we are streamlining your operations.

If your credit card orders are causing an issue, please reach out to our 24/7/365 customer service!

It is ok

Reviewed on 18/11/2019
Guest services
Restaurants, 501-1,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Overall it works well for adding points but not so much user friendly.

Pros: What I liked most about this product is being able to find customers accounts and download the account history.

Cons: I don't like that it won't allow to combine multiple accounts. It also will not allow you to edit or remove info.

Revention review

Reviewed on 14/10/2019
Sara H.
Phone staff
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: People are not ordering because the prices are too high and they cant figure out or find the menu online.

Pros: It's faster. It prints a ticket. The ticket prints to where you can see eveythiglng. You dont have to find the ticket

Cons: It is more confusing. I dont like it. The prices are too high. We cant do coupons ourself. I flat out dont like the whole system

Hi Sara,

Thank you for your honest review from your perspective. From what it seems like, many of these issues are in the hands of your managers, related to the high pricing and authorizing coupon issuing.

Revention is the best

Jacob S.
Co-owner/operator
Customer Support

Pros: The systems capabilities and functionality. iPhone used to use a slogan like we have an app for that. Well Revention might as well use the slogan we have a function for that.We use revention daily and love it. We have added on to our system with new options a few time and opened a 2nd location. From sales to service these guys are great. The more I have worked with them over the last couple years the more I have found a partnership in growing the business. Not only do these guys set up the programs and install them they genuinely care about you and the success of the business. I am personally in contact with my salesman weekly and I can get a hold of my installers on their personal cell phones if I have a serious problem that can't be fixed by regular technicians. Their service is one of a kind. Not only do they strive to have all software capable of doing more than you could imagine, they are even willing to program software for you and your personalized concept. No one else on the market will do that. As long as my doors are open, revention will be on the counter.

Cons: Honestly, the only negative thing I can say is that the system is costly. It's an investment. Yet I haven't found a system that's anywhere close to the same price that can do what revention can do. When you are ready to take your operation to the next level take revention with you.

Revention is the end all be all of ease of use Mac like functionality for a restaurant

Reviewed on 18/03/2018
Mike B.
Customer Support

Pros: The online ordering and Enterprise functionality or top-notch, and since they also make the hardware along with the software I know that everything will connect and talk to each other seamlessly

Cons: In the past support was spotty, but from here on out it's been extremely diligent and respectable. I very much enjoy the product that helps my team get to where we need to be faster and easier.

My experience has been outstanding. This is my first POS and I do not think that I will ever change.

Reviewed on 26/04/2018
Leandro S.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Better flow in the kitchen and FOH

Pros: It is very user friendly easy to navigate and make changes. Every screen is easy to understand and to the point in what you are trying to accomplish when making a change.

Cons: It does not have an option to give quotes to catering.

Reviewed on 22/08/2019
Don B.
Msnager
Food & Beverages, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Great software fir the money. Very easy to use and track inventory.

Pros: The software is very easy to use and understand. The software holds so much information that we can go back to last year and compare numbers. Also the software hold customer information which makes it easier to complete orders.

Cons: I have no negative response for this software

Switching to Revention is one of the best things I have done for my business.

Reviewed on 26/03/2018
Tony T.
Restaurants
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Everything that I explained in the Cons. It is a great product that is truly customizable. I really love it.

Pros: Ease of use, reports,customer service, tech support and marketing. We are a high volume operation and it more than handles all of our needs. Could not be happier with my choice. I highly recommend it.

Cons: I have nothing to say here, I am very happy with the product.

Restaurant POS with a Support Team that tries.

Reviewed on 26/01/2017
Mehgee S.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: The company I manage for has been using Revention for many years. The software is easy to use and you can always call their support line if you're ever in a jam. Unfortunately, they tend to put you on hold for long periods of time. This is not ideal when you're in the middle of a dinner rush and your POS crashes. However, their support team always tries their best to get your issues solved.

Pros: Ease of use

Cons: Extended time on hold on the phone.

There Representatives was very informative during the whole hunger rush demo. They took time to answer all questions.

Reviewed on 31/07/2018
Joseph W.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Very fast for staff to take orders.

Pros: We like how it is integrated in our Revention system. I love how easy it is for customers to place orders quickly.

Cons: The payroll features. It is hard to tell when the employee is actually getting paid for breaks and when they are not.

Excellent team of people, probably the best in the industry.

Victor M.
COO
Customer Support

Pros: Everything in one place and their ability to do custom development with them is absolutely refreshing.

Cons: Love the software, can't find any cons with the software, the only thing that I would love to see more integration with merchant services with EMV capability.

Revention for a Chain Restaurant

Reviewed on 21/08/2019
Mark W.
Owner / Operator
Restaurants, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: My franchise demands we use Revention, but overall the experience has been very good.

Pros: Ease of navigation. Good suite of applications for the business side.

Cons: On line ordering server sometimes goes down at peak times.

Revention has been fantastic for our bar,

Brian T.
General Manager
Customer Support

Pros: Revention is super easy to use and train new employees on. Speed is never an issue with this POS. We have a large inventory but Revention makes it very easy to simplify, organize and adjust.

This POS is the best!

Reviewed on 02/05/2018
Maddie A.
Licensing Coordinator
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: Very user-friendly, meaning training new employees is quick and easy. Programming new menu items, specials and coupons is a cinch! And if problems do arise, their 24/7 support is amazing and friendly.

Cons: So far we have not have any complains about this product! If we had to have one complaint it would be the price - that being said, it is definitely worth the investment!

Worst POS Software you can use.

Reviewed on 30/05/2017
Nathan K.
Owner CEO
Entertainment, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: It did Function barely for the time that we used it.

Pros: The software can work okay if your willing to spend a lot of time figuring it out. However it is probably the worst POS software I have ever used.

Cons: The software is buggy and not dependable.
The software is extremely expensive and for old out of date hardware, and dated software.
The customer service is terrible and rude.
They have hidden rules, for example. If you dont upgrade your software often enough they will make you completly rebuy the POS system in order to upgrade.

by Revention on 28/06/2019

Revention POS solution has been completely revamped for optimal use and is cost effective. Please considering us again.

Great POS!

Reviewed on 21/08/2019
Mehul P.
Restaurants, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Wonderful!

Pros: Ease of use, customizable. The support is great

Cons: Learning curve. Took staff a while to learn

USED CAR SALESMEN!

Reviewed on 22/01/2016
Mark M.
Customer Support

Comments: All about the sale with these guys...if I had to bet I would say they are getting ready to put the company up for sale and they are trying to pump up the top line...customer service is not a phrase that is comprehended in this company. Almost zero communication with them in the weeks prior to install, menu not even 50% programmed on the day they were supposed to start installation...had to spend the first day and half (which I paid $800/day for training) finishing that, then couldn't install the following day because they neglected to send the key code software, then knocked out my phones and internet while installing the next night so I had no phones, nobody could call us and we could not call out for the entire day! Lost a ton of reservations and had many messages asking if we were CLOSED DOWN!!!....never acknowledged their mistakes, blamed everything on me, never offered an apology. Their "director" of Customer Service called and gave me a bunch of lip service, said she would send me an email summarizing our conversation and asking for my suggestions on how best to resolve the issue - never heard back from her or anyone else at this company...and the topper of it all - THEY SENT ME AN INVOICE FOR ALMOST $1000 to pay for the travel expenses for the installer....ARE YOU FRIGGIN KIDDING ME?????!!!!!!

by Revention on 28/06/2019

Apologies on your past experience with Revention. We have revamped our POS solution for optimal use and our management team has changed out completely. Please considering us again.

Baited & Switched

Reviewed on 19/10/2019
Rick C.
Hospitality, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: It has been a nightmare since installation. Revention is at least 2 years behind in software and hardware technology. All the phone calls to support has been why can't your software do this? Worst of all Revention promised to reduce processing fees and when the first statement comes the fees are 80% higher. Shocked and very angry at this company. Stay away from companies with this kind of business practice.

Pros: Finger Scan and the larger display screen

Cons: Outdated software and hardware. Can't perform the functions of a full-service restaurant. Management will take at least 45 minutes to close out day when it used to take 10. Maybe okay for QSR but do not get if you have a full-service restaurant.

Hi Rick,

We appreciate you letting us know of your concerns. The appropriate managers from our merchant services and customer service teams have been notified of your issues.