About BlueJeans

BlueJeans is the meetings platform for the modern workplace. Simple. Smart. Trusted.

Learn more about BlueJeans

Pros:

I like BlueJeans because it is one of the most inexpensive options in the industry. It also seems relevant to me because it allows you to schedule meetings and also start them instantly.

Cons:

That it was very glitchy when you don't have the blue jeans app yourself, struggled many times to get on a call without downloading the app.

BlueJeans ratings

4.3

7.9/10

BlueJeans has an overall rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars based on 551 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used BlueJeans before?

Erick K.
Erick K.
Administrative Assistant in Mexico
Retail, 5,001-10,000 Employees

BJ for demanding videoconferences.

5 4 weeks ago New

Comments: In conclusion, BJ has remarkable virtues, but the price is a bit high, I do not consider this the best option for small groups. And in my personal experience, I prefer Bluejeans for long sessions with a large number of participants; it definitely measures up.

Pros:

The aspects I like the most about BlueJeans are the audio quality and the collaboration tools; the audio is one of the best experiences in video conferencing, plus it has extra features such as background noise suppression, automatic voice leveling of participants and spatial audio adjustments. In terms of group collaboration tools; it has great annotation tools... Like the presentation mode, dynamism of the shared content to be able to expand it, access to applications, live broadcasts, work sessions, whiteboard, among others. It stands out by far compared to other software.

Cons:

The intuitiveness of the interface is not the best, I think it needs an update. The connectivity problems have improved considerably, but still occur from time to time. The prices that Bluejeans handles for business demand, are not the most affordable in the market.

Ishrat J.
ICT Operations Manager in Bangladesh
Research, 51-200 Employees

Sessions in BlueJeans Meetings can be began as a simple click

5 4 weeks ago New

Comments: one of the best cloud-based video conferencing platform that enables enterprises to host video meetings with ease.

Pros:

With Dolby Voice positional audio, dynamic sound leveling, and background noise suppression, I'll be able to hear everyone clearly. By clicking a button, I can add a video or audio call to any Google, Microsoft Outlook, Robin, or FreeBusy calendar invite without entering a PIN, conference ID, or password. I can attend or lead meetings from anywhere you have an internet connection using your choice compatible device. Whether in the office or on the go, employees may quickly host or join meetings using straightforward desktop or mobile software. They can also use a supported browser without downloading any additional software or add-ons. I can share my screen with others during the meeting to encourage participation.

Cons:

Despite the fact that I can exchange films between participants, BlueJeans does not allow me to send simple files or documents. Some long-time users have claimed that the content isn't always recorded in its entirety, with parts missing. In comparison to its competitors, BlueJeans has a greater latency rate.

Horacio G.
Senior Integrations Specialist in UK

Not worth it

3 2 weeks ago New

Comments: A previous employer switched from Webex to Blue Jeans because it was supposedly cheaper but we had so many issues with it that we ended up going back to Webex after a few months: constant audio issues, meetings disconnecting for no reason. It wasn't reliable at all.

Pros:

As far as I know, it was cheaper than Webex and other alternatives

Cons:

Audio constantly breaking up Meetings disconnecting randomly sometimes

Jaclyn B.
Jaclyn B.
Integration & Community Engagement Coordinator in US
Higher Education, 10,000+ Employees

Great option for large organizations

4 4 months ago

Comments: Great option to have in our suite of programs for virtual meetings, interviews, and presentations.

Pros:

Great for large organizations looking for an affordable virtual meeting software option. Works great across our large university.

Cons:

Functionality could be more intuitive, user experience and design could also be improved

Surya P.
Surya P.
WFM Analyst in India
Consumer Services, 10,000+ Employees

Bluejeans Review

4 4 weeks ago New

Comments: We have been using Bluejeans since the lockdown started and companies gave us WFH. It is simply a brilliant tool for daily meetings, and connecting with your teams and we have seen this product improvement in the last 2 and half years. They just have to check with their recent updates which cause a few problems which I have mentioned in Cons.

Pros:

Easy and user-friendly video conferencing and online meeting software. We can share our screen where it has multiple options like sharing a particular app(for privacy) or sharing a full screen. Doesn't require software or application on the other side, they can easily join with web browsers as well. We can record the meeting as well if it is required.

Cons:

After the recent updates in Bluejeans, there are some seriously lagging and syncing issues. Even if a person already left the meeting, he/she will still showing in the meeting for the next couple of minutes. If they joined user name will not be shown up to you for a few minutes so you will have no clue who is speaking from the next side.

Treasury analyst in Brazil
Financial Services, 201-500 Employees

Good videoconferencing tool

4 2 days ago New

Pros:

It feels straight to the point: simple yet effective

Cons:

I had a little difficulty trying to set up a virtual background during calls

Salma J.
Salma J.
Accountant in US
Financial Services, 10,000+ Employees

A pure class,popular and leading tool for video conferencing and online meeting.

5 2 months ago New

Comments: Ability to communicate and collaborate with my colleagues and clients.
Instant messaging.

Pros:

Ease to make HD video and high quality audio calls. I can quickly join secure and productive online meeting sessions with others. Instant screen sharing feature is amazing.

Cons:

Meeting break-off as a result of poor internet connectivity can be annoying.

Esther T.
Esther T.
Sales Administrative Assistant in US
Business Supplies & Equipment, 1,001-5,000 Employees

It has good collaboration functions.

4 last week New

Comments: HD image and audio quality is unbeatable, easy to use, flexibility to log in, Smart Features for meetings, but, some connectivity glitches... I simply recommend to try the free trial period.

Pros:

Bluejeans is very easy to use, I can quickly log in from any browser (from Chrome to Safari) and we each have a private room in the cloud; scheduling meetings is intuitive, and best of all, I was able to link Bluejeans to my Google Calendar. Screen sharing is one of the functions that we use the most, with BJ we don't have to go from one platform to another, or make more installations because the service offered to share desktop or applications is quite good.

Cons:

It has a trial period, but no free version. Most videoconferencing software has at least a basic free version, with no pressure and more time to analyze whether or not you should switch to a business plan. And since it is a paid service, connectivity issues should be almost non-existent. Otherwise, I would give it a 10 out of 10.

Arthur G.
Arthur G.
Senior Human Resources Assistant in Mexico
Medical Devices, 10,000+ Employees

Sophisticated and quite reliable.

5 2 weeks ago New

Comments: We make videoconferences between large and small groups, taking advantage of the breakout rooms; it adapts to the different needs and the purpose of each session. I can say that it has worked excellent.

Pros:

I can take part in the meetings at any time and place, Bluejeans is very easy to use, besides using the software on my computer, I have it installed on my cell phone, which is practical. The security of the calls, the video and audio quality, the functions available in real time for each videoconference, have made BJ an indispensable tool for our internal and external communication. *The audio settings are also one of the best features of this software.

Cons:

The only uncool part of BJ is the demanding bandwidth consumption.

Business Development Manager in South Africa

Doctor Bluejeans

4 2 weeks ago New

Comments: Was a good product but with covid others caught up fast and we felt they were better.

Pros:

Was easy to set up through the web interface Used with our Huawei Video equipment as well Multiply users without issues

Cons:

Setup to IP server required some skills When we started using BlueJeans virtual meetings weren't always stable

Director ICT in Netherlands
Food & Beverages, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Good overall, always room for improvement

4 last year

Comments: We use bluejeans for intensivied contact between HQ and our operating companies globally. Also in larger countries, sales teams use it for sales calls.

Pros:

Bluejeans nicely (and stable) integrates with outlook (incl O365). Scheduling calls is as any other with the plugin Although development on features was relatively slow from a user perspective, the last year Bluejeans caught up with newcomers by adding loads of new features, making it a true competitor (again) Admin features are really nice, including command center (extra cost), giving the right insights in users, meetings and trends And last but not least, it can connect anything to a meeting (apps, dialin call, roomsystem h323, even other platforms)

Cons:

Video and audio seem more out of sync than with other solutions. Requires more bandwidth in comparisson (although not an issue in these days) The background image option is causing high cpu usage (could be improved, but only causing the fan to blow harder) On admin side: more reporting on users and sync between user mngt and command center usage reports would be nice (for example show historic meetings of all users vs users currently holding an account). Also time dimensions not always export properly to excel

Stéfano B.
Stéfano B.
Product Development Engineer in Brazil
Consumer Goods, 10,000+ Employees

Great tool for companies with teams in different locations

5 2 years ago

Comments: Bluejeans is suitable for every enterprise meeting with teams in different places. It makes easy to connect, to talk through audio and text, also share video showing the team and sharing the screens, enabling the user to select specifically what he wants to share and hide everything else, which is very important for privacy and especially in a work environment. Inside the Company it offers integrated interface with Outlook for example which makes it even easier to operate, and the access for people from outside the company is also simple, making it a great option if you're talking with outside teams, suppliers, and others.

Pros:

Easy to set up calls and have access links available for users from both inside and outside of the company. You can also share the screen for presentation, making it possible to share only one app and hiding the others (for privacy) or selecting which screens you want to share (if using multiple screens). Meeting recording is also available and is a valuable function for important and long meetings, to review the meeting minutes taken for future reports.

Cons:

Connection sometimes lags when having too many attendants - for example, over 15-20; If BlueJeans could offer any mic filter software that would be great, sometimes people that connect have terrible mics that can every noise that's around and makes the meeting a lousy experience. Of course, the equipment can be changed, but a function to have a better noise filter within the software would be excellent; Easier connection for people outside the company, which don't have the app installed. Sometimes it is confusing for suppliers that are not used to the app and have to connect.

Operations Manager in US
Publishing, 11-50 Employees

Are All VideoConference Systems Alike?

5 3 years ago

Comments: We've been using BlueJeans for three years or so now and have seen the product improve and found it essential to handling remote work conversations and for bringing in our international team for all-staff meetings. It's difficult to pinpoint the cause when there are issues: lag and sometimes ill-synching with audio/video can have many causes throughout a network throughout the world so I won't put that on BlueJeans. It's a rock solid piece of software.

Pros:

Screensharing and the ability to annotate on screen are really good features. The desktop and mobile apps are relatively simple, elegant in design, and don't suffer the feature bloat that many other vid conf systems suffer.

Cons:

I honestly hear "Welcome to BlueJeans" so many times a day that I just find myself wearying of the voice. :-)

Director of IT in US
Retail, 5,001-10,000 Employees

Bluejeans offers great audio and video quality in a Web Conferencing environment

4 2 years ago

Comments: Bluejeans is a solid web conferencing product which offers excellent audio and video quality. Once they work through the issues with performance in the software, it will be far superior to others in the marketplace.

Pros:

Bluejeans has a very easy interface to use as well as superior dolby sound in comparison to other products.

Cons:

The client software has a heavy interface which takes quite a bit of time to install. It alsodoes not run as fast as competitors such as Zoom or Cisco Webex.

Nolan H.
merch analyst in US
Retail, 10,000+ Employees

BlueJeans Review

4 10 months ago

Comments: As I mentioned, I'm WFH permanently now, and having a software like BlueJeans is a must within my organization. We use the Microsoft Suite for a lot of applications, including Outlook, and BlueJeans is linkable to Outlook which makes scheduling meetings and adding them to your meeting invites super easy. I hop onto regular meeting, client conferences and one on one training all the time and using BlueJeans has been a great addition to making my workday more streamlined.

Pros:

Since going to remote work, it's imperative to my day-to-day that within my organization we have reliable video-conferencing software., and Bluejeans is a very popular service. My favourite aspect of Bluejeans is how simple it is to record a meeting or presentation so it can be shared with others, or referenced back by others if it's a training or instructional demonstration. The recorded videos all live in a simple to use interface in my Bluejeans profile.

Cons:

BlueJeans seems to have more connectivity issues than other similar video conferencing software programs. The audio is especially susceptible to turning robotic or glitching out.

Parsival N.
Parsival N.
It Suport Analyst in Brazil
Law Practice, 10,000+ Employees

Bluejeans is an excellent application for videoconferencing

5 12 months ago

Comments: I wear bluejeans every day and at big events, giving support to users where I work, the application is excellent, we have the option to record videoconferences and that makes it a lot easier.
The application has integration with Outlook, making invitations to meetings even easier.

Pros:

Ease of use, both in user support and in use, excellent quality in video calls. I highly recommend BlueJeans, I have been using it for over 3 years and I like it a lot. it is possible to use on computers, videoconferencing devices, cell phones and telephones, it has many benefits in its use.

Cons:

The App will disconnect after 30 minutes if the moderator does not enter and that makes it a bit difficult, as I need to connect the meetings 1 hour before the moderator enters, I believe it is a good point to work with this limitation.

Tami S.
digital merchant in US
Retail, 10,000+ Employees

Bluejeans

4 last year

Comments: I hop onto a Bluejeans call every single morning at 9am, so using it has become like second nature to me. Within my org we use a few different video applications but BlueJeans is the most widespread.

Pros:

I like how it's easy to sync BlueJeans up with my outlook calendar, and I REALLY like how simple it is to record a meeting so you can go back and review, and share the recording with others.

Cons:

I feel like in comparison to similar software BlueJeans tends to freeze more often, and have connectivity issues with audio (people sounding like robots). I also do not like how when I blur my background it makes everything else on my laptop move so slow, I seriously can't do anything when in a meeting with a blurred background.

William V.
William V.
Guest Services in US
Hospitality, 10,000+ Employees

BlueJeans - a great tool for your audio meetings

5 7 months ago

Comments: BlueJenas has helped a lot in my day - to - day business development and brainstorming with my team. A very useful app and tool to have and use, as it will bring you benefits for sure.

Pros:

BlueJeans was mostly used by me when it comes to audio meetings and audio conference calls with my team. The fact that the quality of connection is perfectly clear and stable is what makes this tool so good and usable. The data transfer is fast and reliable and the app itself is easy to use and simple.

Cons:

As much as it is good for audio conferencing, video side is not my favorite. It glitches sometimes, the image quality is not the greatest and these are the things that should be worked on as the app develops. Again, it is an amazing tool and helps a lot but it has space to improve.

Christi B.
Customer Support Specialist in US

Hands Down Best Video Communications Software

5 4 years ago

Comments: It is easy to host and join meetings with employees in other offices or that work remotely. It's also easy for me to join meetings when I am working remotely. This is super beneficial that just because I am out of the office I don't have to miss an important meeting.

Pros:

Easy to use, always reliable, clear sound and pictures! I love that this integrates with Google Calendar and we can add a Blue Jeans link to a meeting invite when creating it. The technology of this software is super impressive. We hold meetings all the time with several offices and people around the world at the exact same time and there is little to no delay in their responses. It is also very convenient to be able to copy and paste the link to another employee to click on and join within a matter of seconds without any hassle of them having to log into an account, etc.

Cons:

There is not anything that I don't like about this software. I only have a suggestion. It would be great if a large message could pop up on the screen or a voice could remind those that are remoting in to mute their phones or mics when they first enter the meeting. There have been several occasions where the meeting is already in full swing and someone joins later and we can hear them driving, eating, texting, etc and have to request they mute themselves. Their microphones need to be muted the moment they join the meeting so there isn't any interruption.

Paul W.
SVP in US
Hospitality, 51-200 Employees

What I Didn't Expect.

5 2 years ago

Comments: Great experience and easy implementation. It is fairly priced and has packages that fit any sized business. I would highly suggest for companies that have offices across long distances.

Pros:

We have 21 warehouses across the company with 150 full-time salaried employees we need to stay connected to. I knew this would help with collaboration but what I didn't foresee was the since of connectivity it creates amongst teams that do no work in close proximity together. All in all, it was one of the best decisions we have made bringing on this technology.

Cons:

The equipment needed for in-office video conferencing isn't cheap, but it is of great quality. We have had ours for over a year now and have had no issue. However, you don't have to have the equipment, just a computer or cell phone to get the benefits the system provides.

Nour A.
Structural Engineer in Jordan
Construction, 10,000+ Employees

Easy-to-use and convenient app for remote meetings.

5 3 months ago

Comments: In my opinion, BlueJeans is the best option for anyone who wants to make use of capabilities like live sharing and video conferencing that aren't available in the same quality in other similar applications.

Pros:

BlueJeans is a great online meeting and interviewing platform. Easy to use, with high-quality broadcast technology, you can increase productivity with high-profile meetings and audio recordings; It efficiently simplifies the management of meetings with live meeting controls, notifications, and analytics. With one click, we may join the meetings regardless of the type of equipment of the subscribers. Accepting invitations is simple with your own user interface that provides all the necessary information. As a result of using BlueJeans, I have been able to participate in many conferences, lectures, and meetings that I did not expect to attend. Great job defending our company from malicious attacks and building trust with everyone present.

Cons:

There aren't any drawbacks to using BlueJeans because it does its job well and has an intuitive user interface that's easy to learn and understand.

Soorya A.
Founder in US
E-Learning, 2-10 Employees

Best for enterprises with connected rooms and conference rooms

5 12 months ago

Comments: Overall very good integrated solution for automating the conference room bookings, meetings, video meetings and sharing. The quality of video, audio and sound system is extremely dependable. However since these require long term investment and the benefits and profit will be realized over a period of time so one has to be careful in their long-term investment plan and realizations.

Pros:

We had all our 5 floor building conference rooms connected via bluejeans connected room solution. We have also have had few virtual meeting accounts for business and sales teams. It was easy smooth solution for automating all conference and meeting room requirements, booking meetings was easy and flexible and automated work. But post corona, where most of the company is remote. This was an over head cost. The quality of voice, video and flexibility is amazing.

Cons:

With most members being remote post-corona world, the conference room solution serves little purpose for the company. We have moved away and entire company now runs mostly on MS Teams. We still have accounts for our business and sales teams.

Edin E.
Edin E.
Guest Services in US
Hospitality, 10,000+ Employees

BlueJeans will impress you

5 7 months ago

Comments: This software, or tool, has been one of the best that I have used regarding working from home or having presentations online. However, as it is not the most popular app out there and it does not come pre - installed on devices that are most commonly used, it has that barrier that people need to step over in order to be able to unlock its full potential.

Pros:

BlueJeans is one of the tools that I have used over time for webinars, online communication, private and business chats and discussions. It has served its purpose very well, and has always been a stable, safe and secure way of doing things. The simplicity of the app is what makes it very usable and good as it does not take too much time to set up and start, and yet makes you look professional.

Cons:

The fact that it is not so much popular, and that you need to explain to your friends or business partners what it is and how it works before you can actually connect with them. If it is used for a business meeting, the majority of people in your meeting will have to set it up beforehand as they have never used it before.

Senior Manager HR in Pakistan
Human Resources, 2-10 Employees

Great Choice for all remote meeting and conferences

4 3 years ago

Comments: My overall experience is too good. I usually conduct offshore interviews using bluejeans platform. The only thing i have to share weith the candidate is the auto generated link in email. :)

Pros:

Our company is using BlueJeans Primarily for meetings with our offshore vendors. We use it for demonstration purposes where we have to present a demo or our vendor has to showcase their product. We have a small mid-size company with few collogues at remote areas from all function, IT, HR etc. We prefer using Bluejeans instead of other phone apps.

Cons:

One small issue I would like to highlight is the audio feedback from speakers back to microphone. I think bluejeans does not handle voice of presenter heard back to him from remote microphone which causes issues and we manually have to keep the mic and speaker piece at distance.

Kate D.
Kate D.
Senior Software Engineer in US
Medical Devices, 10,000+ Employees

Always BlueJeans for better work efficiency

4 2 years ago

Comments: It is excellent tool to have online video calling. It is very user-friendly and easy to use tool. It is only because of BlueJeans that I am able to work outside the office. It has made easy to travel around the world and I get log in through anywhere anytime.

Pros:

I personally have to be on excessive travels, due to the nature of my job, it was very difficult for me to get along with other team members, without having a real time, face to face experience. Now I am using BlueJeans and I have overcome this distancing issue. It is excellent tool for conducting online meetings.

Cons:

I have been using BlueJeans for years and getting great services from this online meeting application. While using this tool I face some problems while sharing screen with other participants, otherwise I have nothing to say in dislikes.