HootSuite Reviews

• Overall
    4.3 /5
    4.3 /5
    4.2 /5

About HootSuite

Hootsuite is the global leader in social media management powering social media for the smallest businesses to the largest enterprises.

Learn more about HootSuite

Showing 2,615 reviews

Thomas C.
Social Media & Content Specialist
  • Reviewed on 16/03/2020

"A Good Option for Social Publishing and Monitoring"

Comments: At my previous job I was using Hootsuite to start my day. I would sign on and schedule and publish posts for the duration of the day, or over the weekend or what have you. More recently, I've been using Hootsuite's free version to manage my personal online presence, scheduling posts related to my podcast or video channels. I find that more recently, the native Twitter app has been better for just scrolling through Twitter, but as far as posting goes, I prefer to use Hootsuite.

Pros: One of my favorite things about Hootsuite is the ability to 'autoschedule' posts based on the time that you're likely to receive the most engagement. This takes a lot of the guesswork out of the job of a social media manager, as you can tend to labor over the details like whether or not something is emergent enough to post right now or whether you should wait to schedule it in the future. I find Hootsuite's customizable streams can be helpful in mitigating a lot of the noise that comes along with social media, but constant algoritm and UI updates to platforms like Twitter can make streams obsolete quickly. The platform is super simple to get set up and running with, and the free version (which I'm currently using for my personal accounts/projects) is perfectly serviceable for teams with 3 social accounts or fewer. I've never had to reach out to support, but Hootsuite's online presence is great and they're constantly providing materials that are helpful to social media managers.

Cons: I find their integration with Instagram somewhat lacking. During my time with Hootsuite, I have scheduled countless Instagram posts, but the way the marriage between Instagram and Hootsuite Works means that you can schedule the post, but you need to open the app on your phone and hit send when the time comes to actually publish your post. I have missed so many Instagram posts because of this, and the fact that I only appear to get a notification when It's time to post on Instagram about half the time. I realize that this isn't necessarily all Hootsuite's fault, but this is a real downer, and leaves me wishing that the integration was better

• Reviewed on 16/03/2020
Zach P.
Communications Specialist
Nonprofit Organization Management, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/08/2019

"A comprehensive social media management suite, with just a few shortcomings"

Comments: Overall Hootsuite has proved to be a trustworthy and competent social media management platform.

Pros: The simplicity of being able to schedule simultaneously for multiple social channels is a huge time-saver. Having to separately publish and schedule posts on 3-4 platforms daily is a huge hassle and a drain on time. Hootsuite solves this problem and is a social media marketers best friend for that reason.

Cons: One major caveat is the unfulfilling Instagram scheduling feature, which isn't exactly a true scheduling tool. Instead of scheduling and automatically posting Hootsuite requires users to have a push notification sent to the user which must then be opened in Instagram before posting. It's a bit of an inconvenience not being able to directly schedule posts to Instagram and having to use this workaround which feels amateurish.

• Reviewed on 18/08/2019
Keyana K.
Internal Operations Assistant
Internet, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/06/2018

"Great for bloggers, businesses, and brand influencers who need to stay on top of social media posts."

Pros: Being able to measure my or my business's social media stats is super important, naturally. That data is presented to us in a way that helps us to very easily understand not just how many people are engaging with our social media posts and when, but HOW that's happening, period. Which type of posts generate the most site traffic? What time of day or night might our posts be the most or least popular or engaging? How long does it take me or my team to respond to posts? These are important things to know, as they have the potential the build up or break down our brands. Scheduling content is, of course, a huge plus when you've got 10, 12, 15 different posts across multiple platforms to help keep your audience involved and engaged in what you're doing. It's also super helpful for people and businesses that are very busy outside of their online content, and may not have a dedicated social media team to lighten the load.

Cons: The Android app can be very slow to load at times. It could be just me, but I'm usually on wifi and have a flagship Samsung that hit the market a year ago. It also gives me trouble sometimes when I'm posting to Instagram via Hootsuite and I check my posts via the actual Instagram app, and the Hootsuite Instagram post won't be there. Weird stuff. I should add that in these instances, I am using the 'Post Now' option, and not scheduling posts for a future time. Could be user error, but if it is, I think this may suggest that when it comes to posting to Instagram through Hootsuite, the process isn't as easy or straight-forward as it could or should be.

• Reviewed on 14/06/2018
Internet, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 04/12/2019

"Excellent dashboard for managing social media profiles"

Comments: Hootsuite has saved me a lot of time and frustration and allowed me to get better results with the Twitter profiles for my blogs.

Pros: I like the fact that I can easily manage and monitor multiple Twitter profiles from one dashboard without the need to constantly log in and out of each profile. I am on the free plan and I manage the Twitter profiles of 3 different blogs through Hootsuite.

Cons: I wish the free plan had higher limits, but they obviously have to make money somehow. The free plan is still very useful but could be better with higher limits in terms of the number of profiles that you can manage.

• Reviewed on 04/12/2019
Michelle M.
Digital Marketing Consultant
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 04/04/2019

"A Great Social Media Stepping Stone"

Comments: Overall I really like Hootsuite - the interface is clean and it's easy to find what you need once you figure out what all the icons mean. Their connections to the major social platforms are almost always up and functional. I have very few problems with this platform, so I consider it reliable.

Pros: What I like most about Hootsuite is that it tackels both monitoring and management in one simple interface. It's got good simplicity of the function once you're familiar with it. If you walked into someone else's Hootstuite screen you'd probably be confused for a minute or two, but if you are setting up your own social media management routine, Hootsuite guides you through all the steps for posting and monitoring - what you end up with (unless you add way too many things) is a good overview of your social media territory that includes the ability for you to reply in real-time or schedule in advance. The ability to build your own tabbed pages with your own selection of what you choose to see makes this tool one of my preferred apps for helping new businesses manage and monitor their own social media accounts because once I show someone how to lay out the information in a way they need, they find it pretty easy to move on to other views on their own. Before long, they are using it themselves to schedule posts.

Cons: I started using Hootsuite back in the old days when it was a totally free tool so I guess what I dislike about it most is that I think the free version's limit of three social accounts is too small for a small business to manage all the social interaction they should be managing.

• Reviewed on 04/04/2019
Director Of Operations
Design, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/02/2019

"Good Product But Could Use Improvements"

Comments: We've enjoyed Hootsuite for the most part, and it really does take a lot of the pain out of social media management. Being able to schedule posts is by far the best feature, since it saves a lot of time and energy by being able to set up several days' worth of posts all at once. Connectivity is an issue for us, but overall, we would recommend this product for both large and small companies.

Pros: Hootsuite makes social media much easier by pulling all the platforms into one place. Rather than logging in to 5 different platforms, you can log into one, and manage them all from one screen. It also helps you keep track of your users/followers and the activities you're producing. We're also fans of being able to schedule posts for future dates, which means we can schedule a week's worth of activity in one sitting rather than logging in every day and working from scratch.

Cons: We've found some connectivity problems with Hootsuite, which is frustrating since that's the main function of the platform. We're often having to reconnect accounts or finding that a post didn't go through because the account disconnected beforehand. While it still makes it easier than logging in to the platform's individually, it is problematic to have disconnected accounts too frequently.

• Reviewed on 08/02/2019
Winston M.
Software Developer
  • Reviewed on 24/07/2019

"Hootsuite ended with the nightmare of having to manage all social networks."

Comments: Hootsuite has allowed us to improve communications with our work teams and we can also track all our activity that is presented on social networks. This system, besides managing our activities in the networks in an efficient and practical way, has allowed us to be able to integrate our work team. Something very important is that this platform has an application that allows me to manage several social network accounts simultaneously.

Pros: Hootsuite has the ability to program our publications that we make daily through social networks, completely automatically. It has an application that allows me to configure a list of publications in a CSV file and add them to the interface, this would avoid the annoying task of having to publish all the activity that we have in the networks manually. Through the Hootlet application, which is an extension for Chrome, i can quickly and easily share all the content of our social networks from any web. Another application that is considered very important is that this system offers us the possibility of being able to post our publications to the networks, which do not have this application, which is done automatically.

Cons: There is a little thing that is presented in the Hootsuite URL shortener, which usually occurs when i try to upload an image to twitter, as it is shortened and can be opened.

• Reviewed on 24/07/2019
Christos T.
  • Reviewed on 22/08/2019

"Solid Social Media Tool"

Comments: If it weren't for Hootsuite we couldn't have scaled so quickly

Pros: Hootsuite is an all-in-one platform for social media management. It was our number one tool since the very first day we started our operations. Managing all our clients' social media accounts from one place allowed us to dramatically increase our productivity and reduce our costs

Cons: It is not very intuitive and can take a bit to get used to it. Also, the customer support can be a bit slow at times, nothing serious though.

• Reviewed on 22/08/2019
Sarah B.
Marketing & PR
Philanthropy, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/07/2017

"Pretty much the gold standard for social media management"

Comments: I wish you could schedule to Instagram from the desktop app, but I realize that's a shortcoming with Instagram itself and not Hootsuite.

Pros: Very robust features--ability to search for mentions of your company or any topic to get involved with people and meet new followers, ability to see comments on facebook ads and respond in the app, the ability to respond to anything sent your way on your social media all in one place, bulk scheduling with spreadsheets, ability to manage many platforms at once, and more. I love Hootsuite.

Cons: The main con is that I wish Hootsuite had scheduling features like Buffer. Buffer allows you to setup a schedule rather than having to post everything manually, and it's super easy to recycle posts. For example, Buffer will tell you when the best posting times are either set up a posting schedule for you based on your desired frequency, or allow you to set one up (like post on facebook at 3PM every Tuesday and 10am every Friday etc.). Also, buffer's chrome extension will pull images in addition to the URL, and I wish Hootsuite did the same.

• Reviewed on 20/07/2017
Mindy I.
Graphic Design
  • Reviewed on 22/04/2018

"Excellent product - even on the free plan!"

Comments: I save a lot of time with Hoostuite and it gives me peace of mind.

Pros: I have been using Hootsuite for a few years now. I am on a paid plan, as I have many social media accounts to manage, but I also have a couple of clients who use the free version and I am very impressed with what they are able to do on the free plan. The bulk upload took a bit to get used to how to create the spreadsheet properly, but it has been a lifesaver ever since! I really like being able to interact with my Twitter accounts right in the Hootsuite dashboard. I have many lists set up on Twitter and Hootsuite makes it very easy for me to interact with them. The calendar view is helpful as I can easily move posts around if I have to.

Cons: I wish the free plan would allow for more social media posts to be scheduled at one time, as I like to plan out and schedule the bulk of my social media posts at the beginning of the month. The limit on scheduled posts has me using other services in conjunction with Hootsuite to get around this.

• Reviewed on 22/04/2018
Ganjar W.
Higher Education, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/04/2019

"Managing your social media efficiently"

Pros: Hootsuite allows users to add their social media handles, which Hootsuite then will aggregate feeds from all connected handles. Hootsuite also allows users to schedule their posts, which is very handy if you want to publish something in a busy day in the future. You can prepare the publication now, save it to Hootsuite and schedule it to be posted in the appropriate time. With clever Hootsuite usage, you can maintain your presence in various social media without being overwhelmed or without having to spend lots of time on them.

Cons: While Hootsuite works with various social media, its user interface is too restricted for some. Hootsuite is ideal for perusing through twitter feed but not as ideal to look at facebook feed, for the example. This problem is especially prevalent in the mobile version of the application.

• Reviewed on 27/04/2019
Bruce F.
Sales & Marketing Manager
Marketing & Advertising, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/02/2019

"Mаkеs уоur sосіаl mеdіа lіfе соmfоrtаblе"

Pros: I lіkе hоw thіs аррlісаtіоn mаkеs mу lіfе еаsіеr, bу соllесtіng аll mеssаgеs аnd nоtіfісаtіоn I rесеіvе іn оnе рlасе. I аlsо саn sсhеdulе mу роsts, sо I саn wrіtе а bunсh оf twееts іn оnе gо аnd thеn sрrеаd іt thrоughоut thе wееk. I'm nоt gооd аt соmрutеrs, sо I саn fullу аррrесіаtе strаіghtfоrwаrd аnd usеr-frіеndlу іntеrfасе fоr suсh nооb lіkе mе. Oh, аnd оnе mоrе сооl thіng – уоu саn mаnаgе уоur ассоunt whісh аnоthеr реорlе wіth іs соnvеnіеnt іf уоu hаvе а busіnеss раrtnеr whо аlsо wаnts tо раrtісіраtе іn sосіаl mеdіа lіfе оf уоur brаnd.

Cons: Onе оf mу mоst sіgnіfісаnt іssuеs wіth thіs арр іs lоаdіng tіmе. If уоu wаnt tо uрlоаd а nісе ріс, bе рrераrеd tо wаstе uр tо 15 mіnutеs оf уоur lіfе оn thіs. Thеrе аrе sоmе оthеr bugs, thаt thаt іmрасt wоrkflоw іn а nеgаtіvе wау. Lіkе, іt іs hаrd tо роst оn LіnkеdIn bесаusе mоst оf thе іmаgеs dоn't рull thrоugh. Mоrе thаn thаt – I rеаllу dоn't lіkе thе mоbіlе vеrsіоn оf Hооtsuіtе, bесаusе оf flаws іn іntеrfасе аnd usаbіlіtу tо сhесk а lоt оf еssеntіаl dаtа.

• Reviewed on 13/02/2019
Pam S.
General Manager
  • Reviewed on 07/03/2018

"Hootsuite has made social media marketing much easier & convenient. It puts everything in one place!"

Pros: I love that hoot suite allows you to schedule all of your social media posts. It allows you to combine Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter and schedule posts for all of them at the same time! I was struggling to maintain consistency in posting to our social media platforms, but hoot suite helped to simplify that. I also love that it allows you to monitor each social media site in one place. I can create different tabs of my choosing. For example, on one screen I can see what Facebook messages, Instagram comments, Facebook comments and re-tweets. Rather than switching from one website to another, I can view everything at one time. I highly suggest using their app.

Cons: This is the best tool I've found for scheduling post to Instagram. However, there are a few more steps to get the image published to Instagram and it doesn't happen instantly. Hootsuite sends me the notification, but I have to manually publish it. I'm sure this has more to do with Instagram and less to do with hoot suite.

• Reviewed on 07/03/2018
Ecommerce Business Analyst
Sporting Goods, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/10/2019

"Managing Social Networking Has Never Been Easier"

Comments: Even with the lackluster mobile experience, the desktop experience that Hootsuite provides is more than enough for us to love. This has simplified and streamlined our day to day operations as well as increased conversion across all channels.

Pros: The ability to manage all of your social media accounts from one tool is a godsend. For the longest time we were manually managing posts across multiple channels. Hootsuite lets us schedule post and campaigns ahead of time. On top of this, we get real time feedback and data about our posts, which has been invaluable in increasing conversion.

Cons: I don't love the mobile experience. For a tool that is based on apps used primarily on users phones, the mobile experience could be better. There are a lot of steps that could be reduced to one click/tap. We also have had issues with bugs and performance.

• Reviewed on 03/10/2019
Yulitza P.
Comunity manager
  • Reviewed on 05/05/2018

"Hootsuite is the best friend of the social media manager!"

Comments: Positioning your organization in social networks is difficult, but with Hootsuite it is very easy. Making an advertising campaign is very simple thanks to the content programming tools and the analysis reports.

Pros: Integrate the main social networks in a single dashboard (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Google+, YouTube, Pinteres and others), you can see what happens in the world of networks easily. The programming of content is very easy, you write the content, you upload the images and then you select the date and time in the calendar. This will send you an email when the content is published. The Bulk Composer allows you to upload content programming in bulk from a CSV document, and then allows you to edit them. The assignment of messages is a very useful tool in a large organization where the manager must approve the contents.

Cons: It is an excellent software. Images are not supported when loading content in the Bulk Composer. The free reports are very basic. It is a little complex to use message assignment.

• Reviewed on 05/05/2018
Ivey P.
  • Reviewed on 15/08/2019

"Hootsuite keeps my social media sane!"

Comments: It's reliable and rarely glitches. Love to post all of my social at once and free myself up from the social hamster wheel!

Pros: I initially came to hootsuite for the ability to schedule campaigns across social channels and I continue to use it because it is the least glitchy of its type.

Cons: I would love to be able to save hashtags in a hashtag library!

• Reviewed on 15/08/2019
Brianna O.
Community Manager
Internet, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/01/2021

"A perfect Tool for Bringing your Social Media Platforms Together"

Comments: Its dashboard allows user to publish their contents, music, videos, and various other posts through it quickly. It also has an analytic feature that helps in providing the user with a complete review of their strategies that they are working properly or not. It also helps in creating professional reports for businesses. It helps in analyzing and understanding the queries of customers.

Pros: It is facilitating in managing multiple social media accounts and networks by using a single place. You don’t need to remember the passwords of every social media account separately. It is providing the user with the freedom of posting updates, getting connected with your followers and customers, and reviewing responses. You can schedule posts and content of social media in advance by using Hootsuite. You can set a specific time for your posts to be published.

Cons: More transparency is needed for identifying work or every feature. It should provide a preview or template for showing you the appearance of your post. It will not allow posting multiple images at once on Instagram. It should provide a preview of a summary for Facebook. More tools are needed for making reporting easy.

• Reviewed on 19/01/2021
Dasha J.
Financial Assistant
Financial Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/11/2020

"Something to Hoot About"

Comments: Since starting with Hootsuite, my ability to manage a social media campaign has become more streamlined, and it shaves a large amount of time off what I normally spend on posting, editing, managing, and keeping up with my platforms. Despite the sharp learning curve, it's a very good program and if you're willing to tough out the first two weeks of learning the ropes, it will be worth the time, effort, and money you've invested. It's definitely something to hoot about.

Pros: The ability to post to all of my social media platforms for work has been an absolute blessing for a hassle-free workday. I can crosspost to multiple platforms at once without having to pull up each site (admittedly, there are some limitations, but nothing that would hinder a social media campaign), monitor the comment section for multiple platforms, and even boost some content directly from hootsuite.

Cons: The lack of onboarding training can make learning this software a bit difficult at times. A lot of the effort of learning the ropes for Hootsuite comes with trial and error, especially at the lower tiers of plans. Once you figure out where things are, navigating, posting, and utilizing the software is easy as pie.

• Reviewed on 23/11/2020
Michelle K.
Social Media Specialist / Analytics & AdWords Assistant / Proofreader
  • Reviewed on 03/03/2019

"It gets the job done"

Comments: If you’re looking for a free social scheduler and you don’t have a ton of accounts you’re working with, this tool will get the job done.

Pros: This was one of the first social schedulers that I used and continued to use for years. For a free program, it gets the job done. You can connect with most social programs, login, and schedule easily. Also, you can set it up so you can see things like your Twitter feed, mentions, etc. all on one screen.

Cons: At the time I was using it, it wasn’t easy to schedule the same thing across multiple pages. It was a lot of “one at a time” set ups, with the exception of their sheet upload to schedule. If you set your tracking up to work around this program, then sure, you can make it fast an easy. Otherwise, you’re having to recreate or create your content in a way that’s easy to work with the program.

• Reviewed on 03/03/2019
Kayla S.
Communications Specialist
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/10/2018

"Hootsuite Review"

Comments: I am able to spend less than half the time scheduling and posting on my social media accounts. Without Hootsuite, it would take me forever to schedule and post to each of our social media accounts. Now, I carve out an hour or two a week where I am able to plan, create, schedule, and post all of our social media posts for the week. I also love the team feature where you can add other people to help manage your accounts. This way, I can delegate different posts to other people, and we can all access the same management page. This software is definitely worth it!

Pros: I am the social media manager at my organization, and having one place where I can manage all of my social media accounts has been heavenly! This program does take some getting used to, but once you know your way around, it is a breeze to use. Being able to schedule and automatically send your posts on a variety of platforms has made my job so much easier. I would recommend this software to anyone who manages social media accounts. I also love how they have metrics and analytics for each of your social media accounts. I love being able to see our engagements for each account, on each post.

Cons: It did take a while to have the automatic posting to instagram, but once that feature became available, it has been very helpful! I do have to say that navigating the software is a bit confusing at the beginning stages, but it does get easier with use.

• Reviewed on 23/10/2018
Socrates M.
Account Manager
Real Estate, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/07/2018

"best social media management program for small businesses"

Comments: There's a free version you can test this out with. If your business heavily relies on a social media push then this might be an ideal program for you but in any case, you can always try the free version and play it by ear. I still use this but scaled down to the free version after testing the Pro version because social media isn't a huge factor in my business.

Pros: Inexpensive. Works with all the major social media platforms. You can set up auto-posting, which saves A TON of time. You're able to see/manage your social media accounts from different platforms on one screen. Analytics provided are nice too to gauge what efforts are working.

Cons: It is not very intuitive. The free version is pretty easy and straight forward but once you add more social media platforms for your business to manage under this, it can get costly and even a bit messy. There are a ton of features and capabilities but that makes the page crazy once you have half a dozen being managed. The app crashes often too once you get to 5-6 social media platforms.

• Reviewed on 10/07/2018
Amy M.
  • Reviewed on 19/04/2018

"I'm a small business owner and have personally used Hootsuite for more than 5 years."

Comments: I've had Hootsuite for a very long time, and I like seeing everything in one spot. However, I think if I had to cut expenses it would be one of the first things to go. Not essential but helpful.

Pros: Hootsuite is a wonderful way to quickly view and engage across all of your social media accounts. It takes a minute to get used to the layout, but once you catch on, it is very user-friendly. The company is also always innovating, recently making it easier to post to Instagram via their platform.

Cons: I have had the most trouble using the platform for Instagram posts; but the most recent fix makes it less clunky. One issue that still seems to exist is you can't post more than one picture to a post/tweet, etc. using the platform as it will just duplicate the post/tweet instead of attaching 2 photos to the one post/tweet. That can be annoying.

• Reviewed on 19/04/2018
Michael A.
Business Development Manager
  • Reviewed on 25/04/2018

"One Platform for multiple social sites"

Pros: It is true that we all are associated with so many social sites, and sometime it becomes hectic to keep a track all together. Here comes a life saver "Hootsuite" one of the best social media management tool in the social networking segment.
- Awesome tool to keep a track on profile on different social networks simultaneously, can be for personal branding or for Business perspective.
- Well we are always on move and want to have a quick view on our profile, Hootsuite have its mobile application which support iOS and Android which make it too simple to have access.
- The analytics reports are amazing and very useful, they provide weekly reports along with a PDF for reference.
- I personally feel it is very user friendly and add more values to user experience.

Cons: Not really, but feels little expensive, specially the analytics reports, and customizing the url, but overall a good experience Go for it! :)

• Reviewed on 25/04/2018
Trina H.
Coordinadora editorial
11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/07/2018

"A tool that enhances the marketing and the image of any product"

Pros: Currently, I use Hootsuite in my meetings as editorial coordinator to enhance each of the editorial lines we design in order to present a product with excellent quality standards, complying with sufficiently solid and accepted communication and audiovisual standards. Hotsuite allows me a function that no other program can do, which is to link several of the accounts in Social Networks in a single panel to be managed at my convenience, in turn, I can also make scheduled publications, necessary to expose in the best way possible my product, taking into account the hours of amyor influx of users who observe our post. It is an innovative software like few others, you must use it and you will notice how easy digital marketing is.

Cons: I can not give bad references of this software, and I say this because since I use it I have only noticed good and beneficial things for our editorial line, and that is not what each of our clients and brands that we have projected have made known to them. I highly recommend it, you will not be disappointed with that decision

• Reviewed on 31/07/2018
Bill H.
Director of Marketing
Management Consulting
    4.5 /5
    4.5 /5
  • Reviewed on 29/08/2016

"Hootsuite offers a great service for custumers within the niche"

Pros: They offer an endless variety of features on how to better and more time efficiently manage an array of social media accounts.
As social media continues to get larger and larger with new players in the market practically every day, you have 2 choices, higher someone to manage your entire social media strategy and spend every hour of the work week posting things - or - get a utility like hootsuite to easily let you share the best you have to offer to every social media medium all at once (or even spread throughout the day as I preferred to do)
They do a great job of making sure everything is easy and straightforward to use. For those who aren't as privy to the digital age, they offer free courses on social media management and a hootsuite certification (a bit useless for me, but I could see how some people would benefit largely from it)

Cons: They really offer quite a bit of features so there's isn't much to dislike, but if I were to nitpick Hootsuite, it would be around their website design (User interaction and experience) and the lack of advanced analytics.
While I understand hootsuite was never meant to be an analytics service, there are many other services that offer a little less on the social media management side, and a little more on the analytics. Depending on what you're looking to use Hootsuite for, this could mean nothing to you (if you already have analytics for your posts or if you are just a social media celebrity and you don't plan on marketing products to people)

• Reviewed on 29/08/2016