15 years helping British businesses

About Hootsuite

Hootsuite helps you build your brand, strengthen connections with customers, and drive real business results with social media.

Learn more about Hootsuite

Pros:

The analytics side of Hootsuite is one of its greatest strengths. The support team respond quickly.

Cons:

Additionally at least once or twice the scheduled content has failed to post, and it is difficult to track these.

Hootsuite ratings

4.3
4.2
4.3
4.2

8.0/10

Hootsuite has an overall rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars based on 3,691 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Hootsuite before?

Filter reviews (3,691)

Jeb
Jeb
Project Manager in US
Publishing, 2–10 Employees

Great software for managing Social Media

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: Overall I've really liked using Hootsuite for its simple design and ease of use. It's been a really useful tool in our social media journey.

Pros:

I'm able to manage our companies social media accounts. We don't get a lot of interaction but about once a month we post to the 3 platforms that we utilize. It's FB, Twitter and Instagram. I love that I can do the work once and have the post go to all 3 platforms.

Cons:

Hootsuite used to have a free level and we used it for years. Now we are reevaluating what we are going to do because we're a small business and every dollar counts in this economy.

Adam
Graphic Web Designer in UK

social scheduling

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: generally platform for a small number of clients or a single client with multiple channels where you can schedule from and see everything in one place

Pros:

easy to add channels and clients to manage all in the same place

Cons:

scheduling things failed and accounts get disconnected for no seen reason

Ian
CEO in US
Internet, 2–10 Employees

Will Autorenew your subscription even if you request to turn off

3.0 6 days ago New

Comments: Hard to seperate my experience using the software which was fine from how I am getting screwed when it comes to the autorenewal.

Pros:

It is pretty easy to use and schedule social media. I liked the software when I used it and found it good if you are managing social media for our business which is rather small and a small budget

Cons:

I signed up for Hootsuites trial period. I was going to continue with the monthly plan after the trial period but it auto signs you up after the trial period for the yearly subscription. I requested a change to monthly which they denied. OK, I did not read the terms carefully, so that mistake was on me and I took the 1 time payment on the chin. However, I did request that I not be auto-renewed for the next year because I wanted to reevaluate our options in one year. Hootsuite support confirmed that auto-renew was turned off, then one year later we were billed for another year. I have yet been able to get anyone on support through chat or

Claudio
Digital Marketer in US
Telecommunications, 11–50 Employees

The Tool Is Highly Effective As a Marketing

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

When it comes to social media marketing and brand management, Hootsuite is the best and has been amazing.

Cons:

Hootsuite is very effective no bad experiences.

Simon
Manager in UK
Computer Hardware, 2–10 Employees

Great Automated Software

5.0 last month New

Comments: great software, lots of functions not being used yet but the staff who dont use nothing but the insta app now love hootsuite

Pros:

Give the team more time to plan for future marketing, having it all on a calender ready to post is so much more organised. Feedback data from campaigns is amazing and shows us exactly how successful certain posts were

Cons:

Costings I think are a bit high however the time it is saving could prob justify this

Adam
Pharmacist in Australia
Pharmaceuticals, 11–50 Employees

Hootsuite Behind in the changes

3.0 last month New

Comments: Initially it was great but over time it became less needed

Pros:

At first very easy to use and integrate among all social media platforms. Can help you keep up with timetables and publishing.

Cons:

It started getting quite aged and dated for what it is. Things like Canva I find much better.

Retail, 1,001–5,000 Employees

We switched away from Hootsuite!

3.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

We used to like Hootsuite, it has a nice UI and UX but simply lacks features that we need to maintain our social media presence.

Cons:

The cost of the software. So much software out there offers the same platform with more features for less.

Zach
Construction, 2–10 Employees

Great tool for media

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: Worth the money overall. Easy to use, saved me a lot of time and the data recieved is great

Pros:

Gow easy it is to use, to control what i send out, when and where. Timings key.

Cons:

The price wasnt my favorite but overall it is worth the price. I wish these products were a little more affordable. Im a small business.

Terry
Manager in US
Food & Beverages, 51–200 Employees

Great product little pricey

5.0 last month New

Pros:

Great product just very costly. Have not had time to look around but will,

Cons:

Price has gotten very pricey. Will be looking at alternatives

Paul
Entertainment, 2–10 Employees

It's a HOOT!

5.0 last month New

Comments: Nothing but net. Couldn't be more pleased with the experience.

Pros:

Friend of mine on Twitter recommended it to me and the reality matched the description I was given. 👍👍

Cons:

Cost was a bit of a surprise but I discovered value of having the right program.

Randi
Marketing Director in US
Internet, 2–10 Employees

One of the Original Content Schedulers and Management Systems!!!

Comments: Hootsuite is a great tool. I find it useful in scheduling large batches of content. For example, for a few clients I can plan out and schedule my entire 3 months worth of content. It's a great tool for an agency who may focus on one type of client, be able to "recycle" and reword similar posts and upload the content across multiple clients simultaneously through an excel upload! I personally like to use Hootsuite as my blueprint. I know I will get my content posts uploaded and out there. I still like to log onto individual social networks and post on there in real time . I like Hootsuite for managing and responding to comments and DMs as I prefer using a computer and typing and checking spelling. Don't use Hootsuite as your only tool. You really need to go into networks and manually update them as well. Hootsuite hasn't cracked down on LIVE yet either and live video is a great tool!

Pros:

I was one of the early adapters using Hootsuite. Originally all the options blew me away! Awesome to have on one dashboard all my social networks with multiple tabs in front of me. I also love that I could schedule the same posts and click off on multiple social networks. It's really good for marketers who can re-use content across multiple clients accounts, for example if I run a social media marketing agency and can use similar food content across all the food social media accounts that I follow. I also had liked I could build the posts in an excel and import it. I like your "university" and offering classes!!! I like your reports.

Cons:

Overtime as social media space evolved there were functions I wished you had sooner. Instagram posting and scheduling was very clunky when it first came out that it had to notify my clients to push through the Instagram post that I had done. It took you a while to integrate Pinterest. I'm not sure if you're able to let me schedule on someone's personal Facebook account (I know this was on Facebook but I wish this was easier to do!) . Hootsuite mobile-I personally don't use your mobile. I only use Hootsuite on desktop because of the breadth of multiple social networks and tabs.

Joanmarie
Executive & Communications Assistant in US
Primary/Secondary Education, 501–1,000 Employees

Almost Perfect!

Comments: Hootsuite has always been my goto for businesses getting off the ground or those that are on a low budget. They offer such great and essential features in an easy-to-use platform. As a school district, we have an overwhelming amount of content that needs to go out and MUST be present on any and all social platforms. When I realized we could not hit all of the platforms we needed, and that we were limited to the number of posts, we were forced to make a shift to another platform. Hootsuite dashbord is awesome with the features it provides, but to a multitasking pro the dashboard was a bit intimidating - felt it could have been organized and simplified (not all features needed to have a button on the dashboard... categorize!)

Pros:

I love Hootsuite for it's creativity, content management features, scheduling, drafting, duplicating, and monitoring of content performance. In my mind they are a top competitor!

Cons:

There are a few small challenges that left me scratching my head. I did not like that I was so limited (even after purchasing the basic) on the platforms that I could post to - they are so close to perfection! Everyone should be free to post to every platform they need to... maybe limit the posts, monitoring, and reporting... but NOT the platforms!

Shaheer
Shaheer
Technical Writer in Pakistan
Information Technology & Services, 51–200 Employees

It's Easy and Good

Comments: As the number of social media users grows, Hootsuite has become an indispensable part of business operations. It integrates with tens of social networks and has a 30-day free trial. It is easy to use and affordable. With millions of users, it's easy to see why Hootsuite has millions of users. It's no wonder, then, that it's the number one social media management tool for small businesses.

Pros:

Hootsuite is a social media management tool with millions of users. It has the advantage of allowing you to view up to five social networks simultaneously, and its easy to use interface lets you easily flick between different social media profiles, campaigns, and customers. However, it does have some limitations.

Cons:

Though its scheduling capabilities are basic, it does have some useful features. Like its ability to monitor key terms and hashtags, Hootsuite helps you grow your social media presence. Some features are limited, like the inability to bulk-schedule via import. If you're looking for a more advanced solution for your social media marketing strategy, Hootsuite may not be right for you.

Samiran
Project Officer in India
Information Technology & Services, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Effortlessly Manage Multiple Social Media Channels with Hootsuite

Comments: All officers and staff including me have found Hootsuite to be a useful tool for managing social media accounts and streamlining their social media management tasks. They appreciate the ability to manage multiple social media accounts in one place and the ability to schedule posts in advance. The collaboration features have also been helpful, allowing multiple team members to work on social media management tasks together. However, some project officers have noted that there can be a bit of a learning curve with Hootsuite and that the pricing can be a bit steep for smaller organizations or individuals.

Pros:

I mostly like the range of analytics tools and and the support of wide range of social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube, and more in a single nutshell.

Cons:

The price for the business is a little on a high note.

Shanna
Social Media Specialist in US
Marketing & Advertising, 501–1,000 Employees

Hootsuite: Best Social Scheduling Tool for Monitoring Comments

Comments: Overall, I love Hootsuite for it's social monitoring capabilities and reporting capabilities, but better yet, my clients really responded to the updated reporting from our previous vendors. The real meat of the reports are at the beginning, which holds my clients attention spans better and gets them the information they actual want quickly and in an easy-to-digest manner.

Pros:

My department is currently in the process of shopping social scheduling/monitoring/reporting tools (i.e. Buffer, Sprout, Hubspot, etc.), and Hootsuite is one that I was assigned to test. The feature I enjoyed best was definitely the feeds setup. Unlike other providers I've used, Hootsuite allows you to set up different feeds (i.e. mentions, hashtags, etc.). This allows me to monitor all platforms and mentions, and even keep tabs on things like certain keywords I can respond quickly. For instance, I manage the social presence for a popular sporting goods company, and I can search for FAQs on Twitter and quickly provide an answer and a link, all while responding to different DMs across our other social platforms. On Sprout Social, everything was aggregated into one feed. I prefer to have it parsed out so I can know how to modify my answers quickly depending on the platform. I also really liked the reporting options - the reporting templates are set up so the bulk of the numbers are at the beginning, rather than below the fold, which has been great for clients with short attention spans.

Cons:

The UI seems a bit dated. The features themselves are great, so it truly doesn't matter, but it's just not as modern and beautiful as other platforms. I don't think it's changed much, looks-wise, since when I last used it in a previous role 5+ years ago. It has no effect on actual usability, but an update would make it feel less clunky and more intuitive.

Justin
Justin
Retail, 2–10 Employees

Always a solid choice

Comments: Overall it is legitimately an all time resource for marketing and that especially includes their world class blog.

Pros:

Hootsuite is just so integrated and has been such a market leader it's hard to compete with everything they can. do

Cons:

The least liked thing is that hootsuite prices itself out of budget when launching almost immediately. I can never upgrade because it gets expensive quickly with so many offered tools.

Marketing & Advertising, 201–500 Employees

Love this social tool!

Comments: I saved ENORMOUS amounts of time with Hootsuite. I can't imagine doing all that it helped me do manually... from monitoring comments, to responding to people, to scheduling multiple posts a week on multiple platforms per week, to everything in between. Hootsuite really helped me streamline my job even when we had limited budgets and resources to do anything else.

Pros:

I used to do full-time social media management and was using Hootsuite constantly to schedule posts for my clients and track social conversations and mentions in real time. I love how simple and easy it is to use – you'd never think multiple columns across your screen would work or keep you sane... but it gets the job done! I can easily respond to people, retweet it, flag it and more. Another awesome think I love about Hootsuite is the ability you have to help gather content. I was constantly looking for things to retweet to get engaged with others online, so I used one of my columns to track particular keywords. I could then get real-time tweets and posts from people talking about the topics I wanted to engage with and retweet for the brands I was managing. Honestly that made my job 100x easier!

Cons:

I do know it has been a little clunky for me in the past. Sometimes keyword columns won't update and I've had to delete and recreate the search – or I would schedule posts and the photos wouldn't go out. I think they have fixed some of these issues over the years. There is also a maximum number of columns you can create in the free version, so I sometimes ran into issues where I wanted to use more features but couldn't. But, overall, I appreciate the value I got for the $$.

Gilmer
Gilmer
Marketing Manager in Argentina
Food & Beverages, 10,000+ Employees

I highly recommend

Comments: It managed to be one step ahead in my social media strategy by allowing me to easily manage and publish content on multiple social networks from a single interface. The statistical reports are also very complete. However, I missed some features exclusive to the paid version. In summary, for those who are just starting out and mainly use a network, the free version is functional, but to get the most out of it, I recommend having one of the plans that include more advanced tools.

Pros:

I mainly liked the way Hootsuite makes it easy to publish content to multiple social networks on a schedule and in one place. The interface is very intuitive and allows you to create an easy-to-manage content strategy. With their calendars I can plan posts in advance, assign hashtags, and mention users. I also found the dashboard useful, which allows you to see the activity and engagement on each platform, as well as the statistical reports on reach and interaction. It is undoubtedly a great tool for those who must manage several profiles and do not want to constantly publish manually

Cons:

What I liked least is that some features such as message alerts are only available on the paid plan. While I understand that it is a way for the company to earn income, for those just starting out with a small budget, those alerts could be useful. Another detail is that the programming does not allow as much flexibility when adjusting publication times when necessary. In general I feel that the free plan is somewhat limited and to get the most out of it it would be better to have the premium versions

Virginia
Communications Manager in US
Information Technology & Services, 51–200 Employees

Manage and schedule your tweets (and posts) for SUITE results

Pros:

As a Hootsuite user for 7 years now, it is by far my favorite social media management software. Creating, optimizing, and posting social media for different platforms, etc. takes a lot more time than you would expect. Not only do you have to craft each post to fit each platform you’re posting to… you have to choose the best time, use the right hashtags, shorten URLS, and include something interesting (i.e. picture, video, content). Overall, what many believe will only take them 10 minutes, in reality it can take up 2-5 (or more) hours of your work week; even more when you include the content creation for the actual posting. Hootsuite is the best tool for compiling all your social media efforts into one dashboard you can work from and will definitely knock hours off your work week. PROS The best feature of Hootsuite is the time you will gain. Most social media platforms have a scheduling aspect to them but having to manually log in and out of each one, to do so, is not feasible or conducive for speed. Hootsuite provides you with analytics on each of your chosen platforms, located in its dashboard, to help you identify the most optimal time(s) to schedule each post to be sent out; this especially comes in handy for days you know you will be on the go and/or do not have access to technology. You can also scroll through past social media posts, save unfinished drafts, and boost posts for content promos; which will provide you with more insight and/or a better understanding of which of your efforts and/or CTA’s are working best. Hootsuite’s platform has various analytics and reports you can export so your team(s) can measure things like conversion rates, marketing and sales initiatives, and improvements in monthly social capital. One of the neat things about this platform is the option to purchase additional social media management applications for things like YouTube Analytics and video posting, Wordpress blog analytics and posting, Google Analytics, etc. Hootsuite also provides the option to export reports (including customized reports) on any of the platforms connected to your account, to measure competition, areas of improvement, click stats, and which platform is bringing in the largest amount of traffic to your website/content, etc. Because the company I work for uses another third-party application (Lead Liaison) to track visitors and traffic sources to our website, we use the free version of Hootsuite.

Cons:

One of the cons of Hootsuite is its inability to detect whether or not your traffic is originating from an actual human or an automated bot. This can interfere with your data and make it hard to decipher if the data you have access to is valid or not; this is true for Google Analytics as well. To avoid this, we use a third-party application for visitor tracking (Lead Liaison). You may get notifications that your social network(s) have been disconnected from your dashboard; don’t worry, you simply just have to reconnect them. Although I am not sure why this happens so often, I trust that this has nothing to do the security of my account and I always receive notifications when I sign in to my account from a new device, etc.

Haresh
Assistant Professor in India
Education Management, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Hootsuite - the ultimate solution to Social Media Platforms Integration

Comments: Overall, I would recommend Hootsuite to every firm for embarking into the journey of social media marketing. The features are very useful for a novice firm to build the social media presence along all the platforms. Though some more detailed insights from each post can be more useful, the Hootsuite provides a basic framework to understand the engagement of audience at social media

Pros:

Hootsuite offers the integration of multiple social media accounts on the same platform, thereby reducing the duplication of efforts in reposting the same content on different platforms. It also provides a brief insight on which kind of post is performing well on which kind of social media platforms. Most importantly, it facilitates scheduling of posts on the social media platforms. This reduces the burden of the social media manager as the content can be scheduled as soon as it is ready, without waiting for the right time schedule the post.

Cons:

Though there aren't much features that one can hate about Hootsuite but a few things that, if incorporated, can make more smoother user experience. First the interface of Hootsuite is a bit complicated for a new user, so proper training is required before actually using it properly. Second, a detailed insights from each post can help the admin in visualizing the impact of each content amongst the followers and non-followers (especially on Instagram). And finally, Hootsuite doesn't works properly when multiple prople ard handling the account as a team.

Ashley
Ashley
Owner and Founder in US
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Hootsuite is great for individuals and marketing firms alike

Comments: My company uses Hootsuite to schedule social media for our clients. If I were trying to post multiple times a day for each client through the individual accounts, I would never do anything else. So, Hootsuite helps me set up a social media and content schedule that is unique to each business while leaving room for me to add content as I go throughout my other daily tasks. It streamlines and automates a task that would otherwise take up all of my time.

Pros:

If I had to pick a favorite, I would say that the scheduling feature is extraordinarily helpful. I run a small digital marketing firm and handle the social media for almost all of my clients. I created separate accounts for each client to keep my own costs down, so I will simply schedule out 30 posts at a time and set a memo for myself to post more before the campaign ends. After that, I love the plugins and tools, especially the ones that allow you to curate content that is relevant to the industry of my clients (Mostly cleaning, software, and daycares). I can set up an RSS feed that posts at regular intervals in case I am late on posting. Finally, the photo editor - I like this because I post a ton of pictures for my clients, which means that I need the images to fit well on different networks. The photo editor allows me to play with the size right in the app until it fits properly, which takes a lot of guesswork out when trying to edit for size rather than picture quality.

Cons:

Honestly, I have used multiple different scheduling software for social media - Hootsuite is by far my favorite because it is so feature rich. If I had one complaint, it would actually be the cost. If you are trying to use one platform for all clients or have more than 3 social accounts per client, Hootsuite can get pretty pricey, especially for a smaller startup without much capital while they are growing.

Sorangel Josefina
Sorangel Josefina
Brand Marketing Manager in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 51–200 Employees

Hootsuite makes good use of the social media dashboard

Comments: We started with Hootsuite Free, but then installed Hootsuite Pro. We needed a low cost alternative, it is definitely low cost, I heard about Hootsuite from the blogs I follow and looked for more information online. The most important tasks I wanted to accomplish, was to schedule posts on social networks like Facebook, LinkedIn and Google+, this way, it wouldn't need to be done by hand. I know the Facebook page has the option to schedule a new login date, however, having to log into three different platforms and copy and paste took more time.

Pros:

For younger or smaller companies, time is valuable and the ability to schedule up to 30 messages at a time means you send once a month and it's complete. Enjoy an hour or two focused on the topic, this relieves the stress of having to remember to log in several times a week when other events get in the way. Likewise I am interested in analytics, I may access each social networking site and watch it, however, at that time I could be engaged in something else. I am fascinated to observe the performance of each magazine in different channels, especially because each of these differs in the way the material is consumed.

Cons:

I would like to see a keyword or hashtag report included, which is not in the free version, but, even so, I wouldn't complain. When I used the free service, my main goal was just to share content and showcase a greater presence in different media. They are equipped with the Hootlet owl that can be employed to schedule posts in Chrome and Firefox browsers. Interesting, I've noticed that it sometimes has a lot of bugs, so I generally don't use it or install it. I wish it was more efficient, as a small portion of the content is created on the fly. However, it is a free resource, so I'm not complaining.

Mercedes
Mercedes
Founder in US
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Where would I be without HootSuite?!

Pros:

I started using HootSuite at the very EARLY stages of my business. Before I even had a single client. The reason I chose HootSuite is because they had a FREE version... and in my early client-less stage...I needed all the free I could get. It's extremely easy to add whichever social networks you have (LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, etc.) The free version allows for 3 profiles, but once you upgrade to the paid you can of course add more. The platform itself is very self explanatory and makes scheduling future posts extremely easy.

Cons:

I'd like to be able to edit the posts by platform. For example, when posting to Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter -- I'd like to add hashtags just to the Instagram Caption and/or shorten the Twitter caption. Instead of having to create a post for each separate platform, I'd like to be able to do it all in one and make the edits in the same batch.

Marketing & Advertising, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Easy to use with tons of features and plugins to compliment it

Pros:

Hootsuite is one of the most versatile tools out there in the market. Starting from its free package, you will find yourself covering all the essentials you need for your day to day operations when it comes to social media. The columns/tabs interface is what sold the product to our team compared to all the other competitors we tried. In addition, the ability to connect multiple profiles, create columns to listen to important topics and team communications and messaging (paid feature). The free plan also allows you to schedule up to 30 posts, and if you need more, upgrading to any of their paid plans is as cheap. As we had many clients to handle and our team required a lot of collaboration, we were under the team plan. it was easy to setup an automated monthly report that goes to the client, which saved us tons of time, and the team collaboration features allowed us to assign the right roles and exchange messages, assign tasks and customer inquiries (tweets and comments) to one another with ease.

Cons:

While Hootsuite covers the essentials you might need for your day to day social media, it lacks much in-depth analysis, listening and reporting features. In addition, it does not have cross-platform profiling and does not have features to help you setup competitions or gather/mine data easily.

Research, 11–50 Employees

Hoot if you Social!

Pros:

I have been using this for years and have tried many others. I can say hands down this is the best software available for social. From listening, to being the only social that appropriately handles TikTok, winner winner social dinner!

Cons:

I really wish that I could think of something but I can't