Hootsuite Reviews

by Hootsuite Media

Filter by:

• Overall

About Hootsuite

Hootsuite helps you build your brand, strengthen connections with customers, and drive real business results with social media.

Learn more about Hootsuite

Showing 2,723 reviews

Joanmarie C.
Executive & Communications Assistant
Primary/Secondary Education, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/06/2021

"Almost Perfect!"

Comments: Hootsuite has always been my goto for businesses getting off the ground or those that are on a low budget. They offer such great and essential features in an easy-to-use platform. As a school district, we have an overwhelming amount of content that needs to go out and MUST be present on any and all social platforms. When I realized we could not hit all of the platforms we needed, and that we were limited to the number of posts, we were forced to make a shift to another platform. Hootsuite dashbord is awesome with the features it provides, but to a multitasking pro the dashboard was a bit intimidating - felt it could have been organized and simplified (not all features needed to have a button on the dashboard... categorize!)

Pros: I love Hootsuite for it's creativity, content management features, scheduling, drafting, duplicating, and monitoring of content performance. In my mind they are a top competitor!

Cons: There are a few small challenges that left me scratching my head. I did not like that I was so limited (even after purchasing the basic) on the platforms that I could post to - they are so close to perfection! Everyone should be free to post to every platform they need to... maybe limit the posts, monitoring, and reporting... but NOT the platforms!

• Reviewed on 14/06/2021
Marketing Specialist
Telecommunications, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/10/2018

"Perfect for individuals, business and agencies alike!"

Pros: As a marketeer, I was lucky enough to try a few different social media management platforms. Personally, Hootsuite has always been one of my favorites.
The platform is quite easy to use, and setup. The interface is quite intuitive and on boarding new members normally takes us a few minutes.
We easily managed multiple accounts and switched between them in single clicks. The mini profile icons helped our team differentiate between our different clients, so we had a smaller number of mistakes.
But that's not all!
Team collaboration is superb once you establish a professional account. Content review and approvals that is easy to set up. You can review comments and replies and assign them to other users, and even leaves comments and notes for them. You can review other users performance and get full reports on their work.

Cons: Reporting is weak compared to other tools. And while I enjoy their pre-designed scheduled reports, I normally end up creating my own reports using other analytics tools that are more robust and provide more in-depth insights.
While i enjoy setting up multiple topic columns to monitor, extracting the data is impossible and you will always need a listening tool to create monitoring and listening reports.
I was on an older pricing plan for awhile now, but when I checked recently, they seem to have increased their pricing and are now quite pricey compared to some of the competing platforms, however, I still have a soft spot for them.

• Reviewed on 30/10/2018
Kelsey C.
Kelsey C.
Marketing Specialist
Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/06/2020

"Hootsuite"

Comments: Overall, I love Hootsuite. It's easy to use, easy to integrate, and really solves a lot of problems that social media managers face every day.

Pros: Hootsuite is the must-have tool for social media managers that want to utilize their time more efficiently, gain analytics on your messages and audience, and interact with the public more frequently to grow your audience. Hootsuite is a great tool and I would recommend it for anyone who uses social media on a professional level. It allows you to track hashtags, schedule messages, gain insights into which messages are more popular, and learn about your audience.

Cons: I would say the thing that I like least about Hootsuite is the limitation on streams that you can have. They also have different levels of payments which allow for more possibilities, but they can get a little complicated to decipher which is right for you. My organization went back and forth between the paid and free trials a couple of times in a year because we couldn't exactly decide which would be the best for us so I recommend doing some research into all the capabilities that come with the different levels before committing.

• Reviewed on 09/06/2020
Marketing Coordinator
  • Reviewed on 08/09/2020

"An absolute time saver"

Comments: I've had a very positive experience with Hootsuite. It has saved me a lot of time and frustration and allows content to be cohesive across all channels. It's easy to see all my content right in front of me without having to go from channel to channel. It truly is a program I would not be able to do my job without.

Pros: I like the ease of use and functionality. It looks overwhelming and complicated at first, but it doesn't take long to understand how to navigate and get started. Everything is pretty self-explanatory and easy to locate. I love the fact that you can access hootsuite anywhere because it's a web-based program, and you don't need to download any extra software to use it. It also has an app so I can schedule or update content on the go. The ability to schedule endless amounts of posts (with the premium account) is nice because I can spend two days scheduling content for the entire month and not worry about it the rest of the time. Another thing I really enjoy is their "Hootsuite Accandemy" - courses that teaches you everything about social media management and gives you the chanceto get certification from the program. It's also a great tool for engaging with people without having to go to the specific social channels separately. Everything from drafting a post, adding images, scheduling, commenting, sharing and replying to messages and comments can all be done from the dashboard.

Cons: It can get pretty pricey depending on your needs. The free program isn't bad for very small companies, but if you want to schedule more then 30 posts and have more than the basic social channels then premium is necessary I find there are alternative programs that offer more for less, but this is the software my employer has chosen and is content with it.

• Reviewed on 08/09/2020
Marketing and communications manager
Marketing & Advertising, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/08/2018

"Easy to use with tons of features and plugins to compliment it"

Pros: Hootsuite is one of the most versatile tools out there in the market. Starting from its free package, you will find yourself covering all the essentials you need for your day to day operations when it comes to social media. The columns/tabs interface is what sold the product to our team compared to all the other competitors we tried.
In addition, the ability to connect multiple profiles, create columns to listen to important topics and team communications and messaging (paid feature).
The free plan also allows you to schedule up to 30 posts, and if you need more, upgrading to any of their paid plans is as cheap.
As we had many clients to handle and our team required a lot of collaboration, we were under the team plan. it was easy to setup an automated monthly report that goes to the client, which saved us tons of time, and the team collaboration features allowed us to assign the right roles and exchange messages, assign tasks and customer inquiries (tweets and comments) to one another with ease.

Cons: While Hootsuite covers the essentials you might need for your day to day social media, it lacks much in-depth analysis, listening and reporting features. In addition, it does not have cross-platform profiling and does not have features to help you setup competitions or gather/mine data easily.

• Reviewed on 17/08/2018
Brenda K.
teacher
E-Learning, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/11/2020

"life saver For Anyone Using Social Media For Marketing"

Comments: So far I am really enjoying the ease of use and the time it is saving me in my day. I look forward to expanding my social media groups and this will really help me make the most money possible by saving me critical time. /having one place to look at all the analytics instead of bouncing from page to page is absolutely amazing.

Pros: I have recently started using multiple social media platforms for marketing. I use affiliate links daily on all the major platforms and this was taking hours out of my day just to post daily deals. I was directed to Hootsuite's site by a social media influencer. The ability to cross-post from one place saves valuable time. I can literally make one post and it allows me to send it to multiple platforms. I can even schedule the posts so the rest of the day is free because they will post at whatever times I scheduled them for. The dashboard gives you critical information such as how many followers you have per site, what times people are most active on your site and the rate that they click your links. This is priceless information because it allows you to know when to post for the highest amount of member/follower engagement.

Cons: Setting up the dashboard and making my first post was a little difficult for me. This was not an issue with the site itself but rather with my own Instagram settings. I think it is helpful to pass on the information so others do not have this issue. I did not realize that my Instagram was not set to business page. I thought I had set it up that way but I did not so Hoodsuite was not able to post because personal pages on Instagram only allow limited access. The great thing was Hoodsuite was able to pick up that this might be the issue and walk me through the steps to rectify it.

• Reviewed on 13/11/2020
Kelly B.
Kelly B.
Owner l Chief Buzz Creator l Social Media Strategies l Social Media Events l Online Brand Management
  • Reviewed on 15/05/2018

"Great tool for agencies managing multiple clients"

Pros: Benefits of Hootsuite for agencies:
1. Super easy to manage multiple networks for multiple clients, and all in one or two clicks once you've completed set-up
2. Easy to collaborate, which is key for agency happiness; you can assign tasks and monitor the progress of those assignments
3. Viewing scheduled content for single accounts or multiple accounts is possible, even across clients, which is a big plus
4. They do have a content approval process that you can set up at their highest level which is pretty good, not the best out there, but more than most other management platforms offer
5. They have a LOT of plug-ins for their platform, which is awesome, including Slack, Wordpress and several other big ones that agencies might use or find helpful
6. They stay ahead of opportunities and have the first collaborations with the key social networks, like Instagram publishing, they were the first there

Cons: On the negative side:
1. You can only have like 7 streams in each tab, which seems like a lot, but it's not enough. I feel like there should not be a limit within each tab
2. They are expensive, in my opinion; they do compare with Sprout Social and some others, but I think they are all on the pricey side
3. Not their fault, but you now have to go direct to IG and FB for some things like checking private messages or for IG even commenting on others content is no longer available; this makes paying the higher price less desirable because now you are having to go back to managing the channels directly AND managing them via Hootsuite

• Reviewed on 15/05/2018
Jason W.
Entrepreneur
Food Production, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 20/04/2021

"Hootsuit will help you grow your social media following"

Comments: My overall experience with Hootsuit is great, already seeing my followers list grow both personally and for my business. I don’t think I could’ve been managing my social media any better than the job Hootsuit is doing. I’m satisfied.

Pros: What I love most about hootsuit is their free plan. Not many social media management platform gives so much to offer with their free plan. You can schedule both Twitter and Instagram post among others while using different social media all at once which they provide on one dashboard. I have a Twitter page and Instagram page for my business and hootsuit free plan allows me to schedule posts. What service I find best for me is how hootsuit analyzes the social media results in terms of tractions and interactions which shows the impact on my brand.

Cons: As much as this feature is helpful, it’s also at a disadvantage as well. The dashboard feature in terms of layout could be much better. Everything seems to be thrown together and clustered up.

• Reviewed on 20/04/2021
Josemaria G.
Josemaria G.
Vice Director for External Affairs
  • Reviewed on 20/07/2018

"Our Social Channels Management Simplified!"

Comments: Social Media presence is important in this millennial age. HootSuite makes managing your social presence (profile, posts, shares, etc) a breeze and streamlined across all major social media channels.

Pros: There are just too many social channels to maintain (company branding, marketing, communications, sales, and support uses). HootSuite simplifies the management of these social channels to save our Social Media Manager (and staff) a lot of time updating the profiles, posts, shares, photos... etc. Analytics! Numbers to back up any of our social media efforts are crucial for calculating ROI and supporting our request for management funding. The graphs and reporting features are intuitive, with just one glance one can analyze the performance, track customers / clients that need attention, and see which campaigns are doing well (and those that are not). The Dashboard presents you a complete set of social media tools (all major social media channels supported). This is really worth it in this millennial digital era!

Cons: Don't be too easily swayed by the initial asking price... you'd eventually realize that for additional power-ups/extras you will have to shell out the additional payment (which eventually add up). Also, just one comment on the UI... it seems pretty outdated in terms of looks which might turn off some users who are aesthetically sensitive (like myself). :)

• Reviewed on 20/07/2018
Garrett W.
Network Administrator
Philanthropy, 11-50 Employees
  • Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 19/10/2017

"Great social media marketing tool for novice and experts alike!"

Pros: Hootsuite makes creating posts once and sending to multiple social media sites a breeze! Scheduling and attaching files is also easy. I wouldn't do them much justice if I also didn't add that the mobile app is just as easy as the web version! Setting permissions based on other users is a great function for teams where posts need to be approved. The free version may also work great for your needs depending on your limitations. Being able to see all streams from the web makes it easy to view all social media sites and make sure they're up to date. Responding to posts is also easily done from the dashboard. Lastly, there are tons of tools available from the dashboard to add to your account making it a one-stop shop!

Cons: Would like a way to schedule a long post for Facebook and allow a hidden character or combination of characters (maybe like, /&/) to allow a break for Twitter so the user doesn't have to create one long post for Facebook and 2-4 different posts for Twitter. Would like a way to receive an email of sorts when all posts are posted as sometimes (very, very rarely) are some not posted.

• Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 19/10/2017
Digital Marketing Manager
  • Reviewed on 21/10/2019

"One of The Best Social Media Management Tool for Professionals"

Pros: 1. Very user friendly
2. Supports many social media channels and keeps updating the scheduling part accordingly
3. Good analytics tab with lots of data and information required in the job
4. No/Very less ads even if used as free user
5. It gives the opportunity to learn social media management with free online courses to get certification.

Cons: 1. Only 3 social media profile can be handled in free version.
2. The initial dashboard is little confusing and takes time to understand
3. Supports very limited number of URL shorteners for links in the posts.

• Reviewed on 21/10/2019
Digital Marketing Manager
  • Reviewed on 16/07/2019

"The Power of the Owl"

Comments: Overall, we've been with Hootsuite for nearly 5 years and we're happy with the product for the purpose we use it. It's not very expensive (since we're long-time users) and has what we need, and a little more. Plus they have frequent updates and have great product feedback and learning options.

Pros: The best part of this software is the options and connections you have while using it.

Cons: It's not necessarily the fault of Hootsuite - it's because of all the updated privacy settings with individual social platforms - but certain functionality that our team liked about Hootsuite was removed because it didn't comply with new standards of privacy/terms of use, etc.
For example, we're no longer able to follow hashtags in the streams, but this can be done through most of the social platforms individually.

• Reviewed on 16/07/2019
Caroline I.
Caroline I.
SAP B1 Consultant
  • Reviewed on 05/10/2018

"Best Tool for Managing Social Media Accounts"

Comments: Hootsuite is a great application for managing social media and helping you stay productive and save time.

Pros: I am so glad I discovered this app. I like Hootsuite because it helps me manage all social media accounts for my company in one dashboard. Instead of logging in to each social media account independently, I only log in to Hootsuite and I can access all the social media accounts. Hootsuite also allows me to mass post on the social networks. Like I can write one post and post to different social media accounts. Another awesome thing about Hootsuite is the ability to schedule posts ahead of time. I find this feature very useful. This feature helps me plan my future posts in a single sitting ahead of time. I then schedule when I want the posts to go out. This helps me be more productive and keep my social media accounts engaging with fresh content and also helps save time. Another thing I like about Hootsuite is that the tool is free of charge. Yes, there is a premium version, but if you don't have the budget for that, you can still use the free version which is also pretty awesome.

Cons: A challenge with Hootsuite is that it can be quite overwhelming when you start out. The interface has numerous activities and components which can be overwhelming if you are just starting out with the application. Another challenge is that Hootsuite can be quite expensive for an organisation if the company has many users. The price increases per user in the premium version of the application.

• Reviewed on 05/10/2018
Gustavo M.
Marketing Manager
Architecture & Planning, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/06/2021

"Hoostuite is Awesome!"

Comments: I use Hootsuite to schedule my posts and to post simultaneously for various accounts.

Pros: As a social media manager, I use hootsuite to schedule posts ahead of time. I love the calendar feature to allow me to see how I can plan out my posts.

Cons: I'd say the least favorite thing I hope TikTok and be added in the future. I know there is a difference in posting but it would be cool to make image posts simultaneously.

• Reviewed on 15/06/2021
Digital Marketing Specialist
  • Reviewed on 09/01/2020

"Review for Hootsuite"

Comments: I've used Hootsuite for over the last three years at least once a month for scheduling our social media posts. It is useful in the sense that you can link many different accounts to it, based on the plan you've purchased. I have also used it with the free plan option for a specific client, which allows you to schedule roughly 30 posts before asking you for upgrading your plan. It is pretty handy if you do not have a lot of content to post on social media :)

Pros: The easiness to synchronise your social media accounts with the platform

Cons: the reports/statistics section of the tool.

• Reviewed on 09/01/2020
Claire W.
Social Media Manager
Education Management, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/09/2020

"Hootsuite Makes My Job Easier!"

Comments: Overall, Hootsuite has greatly helped me with time management! This platform makes my job much easier with all the automation and customization it provides.

Pros: Hootsuite gives you so many capabilities for managing multiple social media accounts. Not only is the scheduling platform easy to use and very functional, the platform also comes with an in-depth analytics tool to review the performance of your posts.

Cons: The one capability that Hootsuite is lacking is a way to analyze Pinterest pins. It would also be great if Hootsuite could update their Instagram scheduling to include a "first commment" as we like to post our hashtags in the comments section.

• Reviewed on 22/09/2020
Laura L.
Laura L.
Team Manager
Consumer Services, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/07/2019

"Hootsuite is perfect for handling content"

Comments: Thanks to hootsuite we have achieved a safe working environment, in which the information in the posts is not lost due to external errors. All the information is stored directly in the cloud, so that less risk is taken when synchronizing it between our different devices. In addition, with hootsuite it became easier to execute marketing strategies through multiple social networks. It is recommended for its great ability to integrate to instagram, linkedin, pinterest and Facebook. We recommend it because of its great facility to focus on specific customer targets, and to manage large amounts of network accounts, because the platform offers enough capacity to program and review metrics unlimitedly.

Pros: Hoosuite is a social selling software that allows you to monitor social networks, and create publications in them completely automatically. The publication system is very direct, so you do not really waste time setting up the tools to schedule each publication. We like to be able to review the engagement with our audience, and the performance metrics of each publication, in order to know which marketing strategies are most effective.

Cons: You can not make content discovery, or review the comments of the audience. Does not practice employee advocacy. It does not integrate chat tools or online conferences (essential to better coordinate the work among several community managers), and does not store the versions of the posts that have been republished before being finally published. It should be noted that the deployment of hootsuite is a bit poor, since it is not installed on any type of device, which limits the work to depend on the internet connection. When working with YouTube it becomes difficult to upload large audiovisual material.

• Reviewed on 21/07/2019
Candace G.
Candace G.
Freelance Writer/Editor
Writing & Editing, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 19/05/2019

"Love not having to keep up with social media anymore!"

Comments: I like it. It is easy to use and self-explanatory, and truthfully I can tell a difference in my exposure because my business is now brought to my contacts daily through the pre-scheduled posts.

Pros: The thing I love the most is that I can schedule it ahead of time. Social media is here to stay and to remain relevant in today's business world, you almost have to have comments, posts, Tweets, etc going out daily. With so many platforms, I got bogged down and resentful about having to keep up with it. Now, with Hootsuite, I write 20 posts, schedule them into Hootsuite and forget about it for the week. The posts drop on the day and time I scheduled, into the platforms I chose.
And on the rare occasion that the PERFECT comment, or Tweet hits me, I can immediately drop it into Hootsuite to be published at a future date. I don't have to try and remember what it was I came up with Friday night while cleaning the oven. LOL

Cons: I don't like that I could only add three social media platforms to my account without having to start paying for a Pro membership. Three barely scrapes the surface. I did go Pro and added about a dozen.

• Reviewed on 19/05/2019
Tiffany H.
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/10/2020

"Hootsuite Does the Job"

Comments: Hootsuite does help me post stuff across all media platforms and does it decent job with it. With that being said, I do feel there are some newer systems out there that may have more features or ease of use than Hootsuite but at the end of the day, Hootsuite basically does the job I need it to, which is scheduling posts for my social media and reusing the same posting across all platforms.

Pros: I like Hootsuite because they had the free option that allowed me to try it out for a while to see if it fit my needs. While it limited me to 3 social media sites and 30 posts at a time, I found that it did the job decently.

Cons: Sometimes the system would not connect to one of my social media platforms for random reasons so I would have to try and reconnect. Also, if I was trying to set up several weeks at a time, it was not as visually user friendly to see when and where I set stuff up.

• Reviewed on 06/10/2020
Media Buyer
  • Reviewed on 28/11/2018

"Scheduling social media made easy"

Pros: As someone who needs to automate updates for my second job, I need to be able to get everything done so I don't have to work on it during the work day. Hootsuite allows me to take a post and set it up on my schedule, include images and links... and have it post across all social media sites. It updates and allows you to see how many characters you have left, depending on which site you are posting to, and allows you to choose any additional images you would like included. Instead of having to visit individual sites and edit on your own, everything can be done from one easy to use dashboard.

Cons: The only problem I have with the site is that there are definitely times where it will go down for a while. I tend to be working in the evenings while using this website, and sometimes at night there are some quirks, probably that they are doing work in the background assuming less people are using it.

• Reviewed on 28/11/2018
Brandi S.
Marketing and communications
Hospitality, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/04/2021

"Hootsuite is a Treat"

Comments: Good quality scheduler. I use to use Planoly and they were terrible.

Pros: Scheduling!!! I like being able to see my weeks of content planned out.

Cons: I hate that you have to have a public page in order to schedule content for Instagram. I’m sure it’s something to do with Instagram settings itself but it still pisses me off.

• Reviewed on 12/04/2021
Social Media Management
Internet, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/09/2020

"Hootsuite for affiliates"

Comments: While Hootsuite is easy to use and they do offer different subscription steps. It does have several downfalls. It has been upgraded several times and perhaps it will catch up to other companies where its lacking.

Pros: I like that the product is easy to use. You can go to the post section and automate your post. So if you want to post something across so many social media such as twitter, Facebook,LinkedIn and p interest. I like the ability to schedule stuff for up to months away.

Cons: I really hate that it doesn't offer a scraper. A scraper is something that will pull a picture from the website and post that and you dont have to download a picture. Until recently this is mandatory if using twitter, since thy didn't pull link previews. With out link preview then your post would come through text only. Anything think I hate once again deals with the indelibly to post to p interest easily. You can not post here unless its on its own and its a multi step. I am a heavy pinterest user and the multi step is a slo down to posting. I want to be able to group all post as one.

• Reviewed on 18/09/2020
John H.
John H.
Fitness Coach
Professional Training & Coaching, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 04/06/2019

"Automates all my coaching social media activity"

Comments: It's been seemless. I've aggregated all my social media networks in to one place, even on the free version. Where I cannot add another account (because it's the free version), I've used other software to automate inline with Hootsuite recommendations. This is an excellent product; I've seen immediate benefits and I'll be using it for years to come.

Pros: The ability to post to multiple social media accounts simultaneously, with auto-scheduled timings to suit the content and the audiences. Being able to see the scheduled posts on a calendar-like format then helps me go back in to tweak each post depending on the platform it is going to - perhaps to add a little more content to the Instagram version, while shrinking the content for the Twitter version.
Monitoring streams on each of the social media platforms allows me to tailor my own content to suit the most popular channels of the day, reaching a larger audience and ultimately engaging with more people.

Cons: I'd like to have seen some analytics capability from the free version. I get that you shouldn't get everything for free but I need to know if there's value in me paying for something before I throw cash at the problem. What analytics will Hootsuite give me that rivals, such as Twitter Analytics, won't?

• Reviewed on 04/06/2019
Alfredo M.
Alfredo M.
Gerente de Comunicaciones Internas
Telecommunications, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/11/2018

"The best friend of a community manager"

Comments: I currently use this tool to program tweets and manage twitter accounts of the company where I work. Through Hootsuites can review, above all, the mentions made by users about our company and address them quickly.

Pros: Hootsuites is one of the web tools currently used by social network administrators, due to its potential to view content from several networks simultaneously. Pros:
• Up to six social networks can be added for free, without paying anything.
• Allows you to see several columns simultaneously. Either from the same social network or from different networks.
• If you are using to manage a twitter account, for example, you can put in a column the mentions, in another column the timeline, in another column the programmed tweets, etc.
• Up to 30 tweets per day can be programmed.
• Messages can be programmed with several photos and videos.

Cons: • You can not add more than six accounts in the tool. To administer more accounts must be paid obligatorily.
• The tool does not allow to see the TT of the moment.
• Not being able to schedule more than 30 daily tweets can be negative because sometimes more daily messages are programmed.
• Sometimes in the messages programmed instead of seeing the picture a link is seen. The same happens with the videos.

• Reviewed on 15/11/2018
Jacob S.
Operations Director
Religious Institutions, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/07/2021

"Once the gold standard, now silver"

Comments: Hootsuite has offered a simple, effective scheduling solution for my team.

Pros: Hootsuite rose to fame as one of the earliest solutions for social media scheduling. This is an essential task that Hootsuite still does with excellence.

Cons: Hootsuite's development in recent years has felt stagnant. Competitors are offering more appealing features and asset management at a lower price point.

• Reviewed on 17/07/2021