• Overall

About CaseFox

A cloud based software for legal time tracking, invoicing, case & client management, online payments and many more all at one place.

Learn more about CaseFox

Product Rating

Product Rating

Usage

Sort by

Have you used CaseFox before?

Armando R.

Horrible customer service

2 2 months ago

Comments: Come next year I will move out of this program. They dont have a clue about customer support.

Pros:

In the 5 plus years I've used it I cant get a person on the phone and they NEVER call back - only send emails

Cons:

Ability to delete a client which is the method they bill on is exceedingly difficult!!!

2 months ago

Sorry for your experience. We have an exceptional record of providing good customer service. We understood your question and responded immediately. Not sure what is the issue. You wanted to delete some records and we did delete them even though maintaining the data is user's responsibility. We responded within minutes, not sure what was the real issue.

Donn L.
Administrative Assistant in US

Law Firm review

5 6 months ago

Pros:

We like the ease of use for all employees, each having their own log-in access and ability to run personal reports. We also like that it is internet based with information being stored safely off-site. That also allows for use and access outside of the office, whether working at home or traveling.

Cons:

The only issue we have encountered is the ability to set different types of billing for different clients. For example, some plaintiff clients may have deposited a retainer and we need to track that trust account balance and show those balances on invoices. Others are defense clients who are strictly billed by the hour. The Settings for invoicing appears to be an overall setting, and not able to be customized differently for individual clients.

6 months ago

Dear Donn, Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us. We'll definitely use your feedback to make some important changes!

Kurt P.
Principle in US

Happy Client

5 last year

Comments: Excellent

Pros:

It seems to do everything we need. Customer Support is top notch. Quick, reliable, and very responsive if an issue or question arrises. Casefox team is always improving the product.

Cons:

I would like to be able to rearrange the user interface a bit. That might not be possible or it could be cost prohibitive. It works fine the way it is, but you asked.

last year

The team here at CaseFox is thrilled to hear such good feedback from clients like you. We are motivated to make our product better and more responsive day by day. Thankyou.

Peter V.

Easy and Efficient to Use

5 6 months ago

Pros:

I am a solo practitioner. Case Fox is easy to use, keeps track of everything. The mobile app is great for checking on the telephone if not near a computer.

Cons:

I wish it was backed up to the cloud or another means automatically

6 months ago

Thank you for the 5 stars! It's so great to hear that you loved our legal billing software!

Jim C.
CEO in US
Accounting, 11-50 Employees

A great way to make money

5 5 years ago

Comments: We have a small tax consulting firm. I had been tracking chargeable time on a spreadsheet, and summarizing on the monthly invoices. This software has made thousands of dollars for us in capturing consultant time.

Pros:

It tracks time and charges perfectly.

Saifullah S.
Senior Client Relations Officer in Afghanistan
Legal Services, 11-50 Employees

Its a good product.

5 last year

Comments: It has made things easy for me, although I m not a lawyer but I have learned it very soon.

Pros:

Casefox is easy to use and is user friendly.

Cons:

The case category reporting should be developed further.

Michael B.
Law Practice, Self Employed

Great product for the price with necessary features.

5 last year

Comments: I have been relatively happy with CaseFox.

Pros:

CaseFox is inexpensive and easy to use.

Cons:

It lack many features that are available in other products.

Partner in US
Legal Services, 2-10 Employees

Very Good Option for Start-up Law Firm

3 3 years ago

Comments: I would rate my experience fairly positively. Again, it is a great option for a start-up firm because of the pricing and flexibility. But once your firm grows up, you may want to find a more stable and more professional billing program.

Pros:

We did many head-to-head price/functionality comparisons when my partners and I launched our law firm. Casefox's pricing and functionality could not be beat by anyone. We ended up using Casefox for the first 15 months of our practice as we continued to expand our team and our client base. Casefox allowed us to structure billing options the way we wanted, and it easily tracked payments made from our trust account, etc.

Cons:

Three things: there are typos, the bills looked rather unprofessional, and it often glitches! You can tell that it is created and managed by an offshore team because of the English typos. We eventually switched from Casefox to Leanlaw because Leanlaw had a more professional billing system and easily linked to Quickbooks (our accounting software).

Stephen S.
Attorney in US

This is a great timekeeping software that is easy to use.

5 4 years ago

Pros:

I like that it is online, and that my co-counsel in other states can simply log in and enter their time on my cases.

Cons:

If I had to pick something, I would say that sometimes I can get lost in the different tabs of where to go.

Jeffrey F.

Outstanding customer support!

5 5 years ago

Comments: I am a solo practitioner. My corporate clients are now requiring LEDES formatted bills. My existing billing program did not have LEDES format. For the same price I was paying, Casefox provides the formatting I need, plus provides far greater functionality. My greatest praise is for its Customer Support. It responded immediately to my email inquiries, even offering to speak with me by phone and it diligently worked swiftly to help me transfer my unbilled time slips into Casefox. I have only just begun to use Casefox, but expect it to meet and surpass my needs. Based on my experience so far, I highly recommend it.

Pros:

Full functionality. Easy to use.

Cons:

None so far.

Muhammad T.
Muhammad T.
Owner in Pakistan

Most comprehensive software for legal practitioners and law firms to manage their business

3 3 years ago

Comments: Its a comprehansive crm amd billing software for Law firms

Pros:

Great tools for time keeping and invoicing. Batch invoicing is a great time saving feature to manage invoices in a short time. Multiple online payment options for getting payments from clients Google calendar syn and other software like outlook and ical are value added feature

Cons:

Interface is bit complex and difficult to understand. Its difficult to search for any features unless you go through the documentation and explore every feature of software

3 years ago

Thank you for your review. We are going to launch a new interface soon.

Jim C.
CEO in US
Used the Software for: Not provided

This is the greatest improvement to the operation of our practice the last five years.

5 6 years ago

Comments: We have twenty two consultants located around the US and Europe. We had been preparing invoices on our own spreadsheet system and missing a lot of hours. The system is so easy to access that today I am confident that all time charges are made. Invoice preparation is really simple and the product is professional and beautiful. Raj was most helpful in modifying our application since we are not a law firm. We are a tax resolution company with special needs and nomenclature. He was very responsive and the result is totally satisfactory. When I read similar evaluations of products like this I didn't always believe them. This is real. My email address is [email protected] Write me if I can be of any help to you.

Allison S.
Director in South Africa

Excellent

5 3 years ago

Pros:

I absolutely love the versatility of this program and the fact that i can now monitor my staff's productivity throughout the day. These reports can be used for performance reviews.

Cons:

I have only just started using this product so we are still finding our way around it. so far i cannot find anything that i dont like

Foreign Attorney in US
Law Practice, 11-50 Employees

billing software for legal practice

5 3 years ago

Pros:

The feature that we used more is the billing tools that casefox has. IT is very good to keep tracking of the amount of money produces per case per client. This types of software are useful when you are too worried about the legal tasks and not in the administrative tasks such as those related to billing correctly.

Cons:

I wouldn´t change anything about this software however we find another software similar to this one that we are using currently but it has almost the same features of casefox.

Clifford C.
Used the Software for: Not provided

Great software that is constantly improving

5 6 years ago

Comments: I have been using CaseFox for some time now. The price is perfect for a smaller firm that needs access for more than one person. I don't have to think about the additional cost in providing a part-time employee access, because there is no cost. I have used Rocket Matter and Clio, and was not very happy with either. Due to their cost and problems I had with their functionality, I was in the process of developing my own software when someone recommended CaseFox. I am glad they did.

Esteban E.
Founding Partner in US

A Few Words

5 6 years ago

Comments: Casefox has been an excellent tool for our business that has allowed us to work with our clients in a reliable and very effective way. In addition Casefox has an outstanding support which has always solved our needs and problems in a timely and effective way. I would strongly recommend Casefox to any law firm or business that needs a reliable and friendly user billable system.

Martin M.

SCAM

1 4 years ago

Cons:

Software is elementary. When I signed up I asked a lot of questions which were answered to my satisfaction and then approximately one (1) month later I found out that they lied about everything. I wouldn't use this software if it were free. You are better off to avoid CaseFox. They are slick like a fax but only to their customers.

4 years ago

Sorry but not sure what this is about. We are not sure what we lied about. No where it is mentioned that the full use of the software is free. It is funny that this gentleman says he wouldn't use the software even if it is free but he wanted us to allow him to use it for free forever and when the request was declined, he got upset and wrote this review. Apparently the gentleman likes to make mockery of himself and his law office in public.

David T.
Director in UK

Excellent system

5 6 months ago

Pros:

Casefox is simple and clear at effective to implement. It has a great range of features. It puts many more expensive solutions to shame.

Cons:

There were no significant faults with this product

6 months ago

Hi David, We really appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and being so open with us. We are so glad to have clients like you onboard!

Adria J.
Used the Software for: Not provided

A Solo Attorney's Answer to her prayers!

5 5 years ago

Comments: Great price! Great features! Great customer support! Everything I needed in order to organize and take my business to the next level! Thank you!

William N.

Excellent Customer Service, Excellent Product

5 6 years ago

Comments: Customer service team offered immediate and helpful responses. The software program is legit! Very easy to manage my small business with casefox.

Kris K.
Kris K.
owner in US
Legal Services, Self Employed

fine until you need support

3 6 months ago

Comments: fine but didn't need anything from a human until recently and now I'm here writing this response!

Pros:

easy to use/learn but don't expect any customer service (or any that isn't reason enough to cancel the service)..!

Cons:

customer service; no one available to answer a phone call ever; emailed questions about errors in the program go ignored; if you are lucky to get a response, it will be so inciting, you'll be eager to complete a review like this to let the world know how horrible a company Casefox (and its support) is..!

6 months ago

Hi Kris, We are so sorry. We're normally known for our exceptional attention to detail, and we regret that we missed the mark. We always aim to deliver a great experience, and we are gutted when we don't meet expectations. Thanks for taking the time to bring this to our attention. We will use the feedback to make us better and to ensure this doesn't happen again. Thank you for posting this review and we're sorry to hear that your experience was not up to standards. We would like the opportunity to talk and investigate your feedback further.

Jill F.
Office Manager in Canada
Legal Services, Self Employed

Awesome software for home businesses

5 5 years ago

Comments: I have been using Casefox for approximately 3 years now. I have had no major issues with the software that wasn't fixable by Casefox immediately. The price is more than reasonable for all the flexibility you get in this software. It tracks everything. I also love the capabilities of making the invoices my own and tracking my own file numbers plus entering all trust funds right into Casefox. It helps me with my daily run of my business in the legal field and I highly recommend this software to any small business. The best part is going on vacation and having the ability to login from any wifi free establishment with ease. Thank you Casefox for making my business run smoothly. Your Customer Support is awesome and very kind. They have always been able to help me and it's not because your software has malfunctioned; if I have a question on how to do something within Casefox and do not understand the help tutorial; you are there to assist. I appreciate that!

Pros:

The functionality of the software and I can access it anywhere at any time with a wifi connection. I am also able to format the things that I need; file numbers, backdating, and especially being able to track with my calendar is great.

Cons:

I wish you could upload all of my emails and documents to casefox to keep all files together; I have to have a separate drive for that (Google Drive), it isn't making me leave the software but it would be helpful if your software could have downloadable capabilities of all file types; pdf especially. I would like to able to open the client's file and all the documentation that is associated with that client. I would also like the capability to streamline the Invoice fields to the names of what I know. For example Government #: we don't have a government number except for hst/gst and that has to be at the end of the invoice anyway. But I would love to change the field to Court Location.

Peter V.

EASY AND EFFICIENT WAY TO KEEP TRACK OF ATTORNEY BILLING

5 4 years ago

Pros:

CAN ACCESS FROM ANYWHERE-EASILY ABLE TO IMPORT DOCUMENTS TO THE INVOICE-EASY TO TRANSFER TO CLIENTS. GOOD VALUE FOR THE PRICE SUPPORT IS ALWAYS AVAILABLE

Cons:

WOULD LIKE AN AUTOMATIC BACK UP TO THE CLOUD

4 years ago

Thank you for your candid review. We really appreciate hearing both pros and cons and we consistently make improvements based on feedbacks we receive from our esteemed customers. BTW, if a dropbox or box account is linked to your CaseFox account, daily/monthly backups are automatically and transparently stored in your own cloud storage account.

Brennan R.
Law Practice, 2-10 Employees

Works well and doesn't require a lot of attention

5 last year

Pros:

Allows submission of LEDES format invoices. Works well for recording time and generating invoices. Easy to add and remove users and have different rates for different clients and matters.

Cons:

Wish the invoices could be customized. Sometimes the Word output invoices require some formatting work before finalized.

John J.
Managing Member in US

Best Software for The Money

5 5 months ago

Comments: I am very happy with casefox and recommend it to anyone, especially small firms.

Pros:

Easy to use, fits many different electronic billings, requires little training to use and understand, and clients have been happy with performance

Cons:

The to do list should be just a list not tied to a period

2 months ago

Thank you so much for taking out your valuable time and providing us with this 5-star review. Really appreciated! Regards, CaseFox Team