• Overall

About PowerDMS

PowerDMS is a policy and compliance management platform for high-trust organizations, and provides a repository to manage policies.

Learn more about PowerDMS

Product Rating

Product Rating

Usage

Sort by

Have you used PowerDMS before?

Frank D.
Counselor in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 501-1,000 Employees

Power DMS vs Sharepoint

5 2 months ago

Comments: To go from Sharepoint to Power DMS was like night and day. Searching for a document or policy was dreadful in the past, with Power DMS, its a breeze.

Pros:

The ease in which to search and locate documents or policies is superior to other software.

Cons:

The list pulled up of possible matches when searching by keyword or phrase can be ambiguous and or long.

Rich W.
Training/Accreditation Manager in US
Law Enforcement, 11-50 Employees

One-stop Shop for Internal Documents

5 9 months ago

Comments: Overall, PowerDMS has been a great tool to keep track of policies, notices and other internal documentation that never had a single home. Finding things is a lot easier than it used to be.

Pros:

My favorite part about PowerDMS is how robust its change-tracking capabilities are. Our policies change often, but it's also important to be able to refer back to the policy that was in effect at the time of an incident. Tracking training and certification is a huge help too.

Cons:

Probably the learning curve. Super simple for regular users, but on the administration side figuring out how to create workflows and courses took some time.

Tony K.
Inspector in US
Law Enforcement, 201-500 Employees

PowerDMS - Success Waiting to Happen!

5 5 years ago

Comments: For our agency, we have 6 facilities across the country that operate under one police department managed out of Washington DC. It is critical that all the facility police departments operate under one method of operations and control. PowerDMS assists our agency in maintaining consistent best practices across the various geographical locations and gives us the mechanism to evaluate and substantiate each facility is operating correctly under the written directives and standards of the department. The system provides all the required standards necessary to maintain accreditation at my finger tips. This eliminates having to got to other links or even maintaining volumes of paper documents searching for specific standards. The functionality of PowerDMS is incredibly easy. Uploading and highlighting documents necessary for each standard is extremely simple and efficient. PowerDMS allow you to search for specific documents using word search and tags that you can attach to each document. For instance, if I needed to find documents pertaining to training, it is a simple matter of typing in "Training" in the search bar and all relevant documents are listed. PowerDMS has eliminated or significantly reduced, substantial amounts of administrative supplies, such as, paper, files, storage, and postage. It has significantly reduced the number of personnel hours working to maintain accreditation standards.
Overall, PowerDMS has saved the agency a lot of money in supplies and personnel costs; money that can be spent elsewhere!!

Pros:

Cons:

The highlighting feature would be better served if it had line item by line item or word by word, capability. It currently is some what limited to bulk highlighting. Easier access to training videos so refresher information is more readily available for adding users, setting permissions, etc. Setting permissions is always a daunting task and I usually have to call into customer support for assistance. Giving the user the ability to "backup" the data that is in the system with the ability to restore the data would give the user a little piece of mind of continuity.

Cody H.
Administrative Assistant in US
Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 Employees

PowerDMS has streamlined our entire policy and procedure process.

5 4 years ago

Comments: The single biggest benefit is that all of our policies are in a centralized location. No more paper binders, and no more having to track down every old copy when a revision needs to be made.

Pros:

All of the program features are very easy to use. The best thing I can say about DMS is that it works exactly the way you would expect it to. The features are all very straightforward. Honestly, most experienced computer users don't require any specialized training in DMS. Even our directors who are less tech savvy catch on with DMS fairly quickly.

Cons:

The only complaint I have heard routinely from my directors is that the file size limits can make it difficult to utilize DMS for training since videos, and even some PowerPoint presentations are too large to upload. They can be hosted in a different location and linked to the trainings in DMS, but this adds complications. The more complicated a training is, the less likely our employees are to complete it.

Kristen M.
Crime Analyst & Accreditation Coordinator in US
Law Enforcement, 51-200 Employees

PowerDMS streamlines processes, reduces paperwork and stress in project management.

5 4 years ago

Comments: Simple and straightforward project management. We're always thinking of new ways to use and apply PowerDMS in our organization.

Pros:

The features in PowerDMS are well-planned. There is very little extraneous features, and the features that are provided are to a purpose and specific functionality. Learning about those features is incredibly simple, thanks to an excellent on-line support/help system with videos and step-by-step instructions, complemented by agent assistance just a click away with their very handy chat function. I really cannot rave enough about their customer service.

Cons:

The hardest thing I've encountered with PowerDMS is convincing colleagues to let go of their death grasp on various paper documents and files and shift to this program to manage project/document creation, review and implementation from beginning to end. With PowerDMS we have an extraordinary tool, but we're too attached to doing things the way we've always done them to fully embrace the ease and convenience PowerDMS brings to the table.

Steven C.
US
Law Enforcement, 51-200 Employees

The best system I have ever used.

5 5 years ago

Comments: I would describe myself as an advanced software application user administrator. I am the user administrator for several systems for my agency and have been a decision-maker in purchasing such systems. I am also a very discerning and critical user myself. PowerDMS is hands-down the best computer system of ANY kind I have ever used. Its user interface is simple and elegant, its design and functionality are logical, and the user support (videos, step-by-step instructions, phone support) sets the standard by which all others pale in comparison. We continue to find new ways to take advantage of the system's flexibility. Does it do everything I want it to do? Of course not. But this is perhaps my favorite thing about the company. They are constantly working to improve the product and actively include their users in the process. I live in constant fear that the other shoe will someday drop. I do not give this five stars in all categories lightly. Fantastic!

Stephanie E.
Asst Accreditation Manager and Training Coordinato in US

Customer Service is NOT Dead

5 4 years ago

Comments: Accountability, ease of training, records of training, certification tracking, overall notifications that are then signed for and now that person who received the notification is accountable.

Pros:

They listen to their customers and are always improving the product and what it can do to help us in our daily work tasks. The employees strive for excellence. They take pride in their work and the product that is turned out shows.

Cons:

The only thing I can come up with is if there is a current "bug" in the software it may be helpful to put the message out that they are aware and working on it. If the customer thinks it is on their end time may be wasted. But the "bugs" that do come up are usually very minor and do not inhibit the work that needs to be done.

Lori S.
Compliance Specialist in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 501-1,000 Employees

LOVE POWERDMS

5 5 years ago

Comments: PowerDMS has been a great tool for our agency. It is helped us organize our policies and streamline our audit process. It has been an essential green initiative in our agency to go paperless. We have yet to fully explore all PowerDMS can offer our agency so I am sure that there is a lot more for us to experience once we divulge.

Pros:

The customer service is great and the audit tool (assessments) have helped simplify my job. Less paper, easier, for our auditor and for locating information and policy updates.

Cons:

Some of the functions do not work as efficiently as they could with our agency intentions. I would love to see more roles in Assessments options or the option to assign to a specific user and not a group.

Accreditation Manager in US

PowerDMS provides the agency with a multi-faceted tool to track policies, procedures, and training.

5 4 years ago

Comments: The greatest benefit to PowerDMS for the agency is associated with the accreditation process. The ability to track policies and procedures while creating electronic assessments saves the agency time and money.

Pros:

PowerDMS is an easy tool to learn. The more that you use the program the better it is. We are now able to successfully track policies, procedures and training in one program which includes the ability to track changes and verify signatures.

Cons:

The timeout aspect for Administrators can be problematic however; this is a minor issue. The second minor issue is that although the training videos provide a lot of information, they can sometimes move too fast.

Jason P.
Quality Assurance Specialist in US
Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 Employees

We can't imagine life before PowerDMS

5 3 years ago

Comments: Our company uses PowerDMS for more and more each day. For several years we have used it as a working repository for SOP documents. We are now utilizing it more thoroughly to cut down on paper; consolidate multiple departments' documents into one centralized (easy to access) web-based location; and send documents through complicated approvals processes without the risk of lost forms/paper.
PowerDMS's customer service is stellar. Every single time we have a question (small or large; user error or major IT functionality), their customer service team is helpful, timely, and friendly. I can't say enough good things about their service team.

Pros:

Easy to use, Intuitive, Simple interface

Cons:

Learning curve for first-time users, Limited reporting

Teri H.
Training Coordinator in US

Personal Review of PowerDMS

5 2 years ago

Comments: PowerDMS has streamlined the ability to keep all of my training documents, policies, signature lists, etc. in one secure place. It is a very user-friendly software which makes my job very easy when training new users how to navigate through it. I would definitely recommend PowerDMS to any size company asi it is well worth the investment.

Pros:

The ease of uploading documents and tracking signatures for policy changes, workflows, or training documents. Also, that I do not have to worry about my computer crashing and losing all of my documents.

Cons:

It seems that videos work better in MP4 format in PowerDMS.

Kathy S.

Fantabulous product

5 4 years ago

Pros:

It is fairly easy to set up users (I always make sure to enter hire dates - this feature has been very useful when going back to find employees no longer working for us). Also, I love being able to set a user with a termination date of use, so I don't have to remember to go back in to "deactivate" the user. The ease of uploading documents could not be more simple.

Cons:

The only thing I seem to have a problem with is the highlighting feature. Highlighting phrases within a document can be a little difficult , but can be done.

Lisa I.
Accreditation Specialist in US
Government Administration, 501-1,000 Employees

PowerDMS makes life easy when dealing with training, accreditation and policy.

5 5 years ago

Comments: I used PowerDMS to accomplish my state of Florida accreditation as well as the national accreditation with American Correctional Association, without the ease of the program I fully believe this task would have taken a much longer time to accomplish.

Pros:

Its easy.

Cons:

There isn't anything I can really complain about. If there is something that isn't working properly sometimes it is a browser issue that I can easily just toggle between.

Dennis S.
9-1-1 Coordinator in US
Public Safety, 51-200 Employees

Efficiency at Work

5 5 years ago

Comments: We utilize just about all aspects of PowerDMS Policy Management, Training and Assessment Management. On all levels, it has made our jobs easier and efficient. The way we can organize and manage our accreditation process is great. The ability to push out policy and special documents with proof of notification is untouchable. The training function has allowed us transition from maintaining a file room(s) to a cloud based system. It also allows employees to access their files instantly if needed.
THANKS

Pros:

accessibility and single source platform

Cons:

better way manage the hierarchy

Gregory J.
Accreditation manager in US
Government Administration, 51-200 Employees

This is great software that does exactly what we need it to do.

5 5 years ago

Comments: It is a one stop for compliance, accreditation, training and policy/procedure management.

Pros:

It is easy to use and does what we need it to do. We use it for training our employees, accreditation and compliance, and policy and procedure management. It has streamlined all of those processes and reduced our costs in those areas.

Cons:

I dislike the lack of the ability to input outside records into the employee's personal file in the system.

Linda C.
Records Supervisor/Accreditation Manager in US
Used the Software for: Not provided

PowerDMS is an effective tool for Policy and Procedure Management and Accreditation Management.

5 6 years ago

Comments: Our agency started using PowerDMS in 2012 for policy and procedure management, accreditation management and for some training elements. I serve in the capacity of Accreditation Manager and am also a CALEA Assessor. PowerDMS is an effective tool for Policy and Procedure Management. It handles everything from documenting signatures of employees to editing of policies and archiving old policies. You can quickly use the search tool to find policies and/or standards that you need to access. It allows work flows of policies within the agency to incorporate critical personnel that need to be involved in policy development, revisions and or approval of policies. Another useful element of this system is the ability to conduct surveys within the agency. Our agency has used this not only for career interest and career development but also to discuss issues such as overtime with employees. PowerDMS is also an effective tool for Accreditation Management. It allows the user to set work priorities and coordinate accreditation tasks to meet deadlines for compliance of Accreditation standards. This ensures an efficient workflow throughout the agency documenting compliance and tracking completion of tasks. As an Assessor it is user friendly and allows for quick and easy access to review standard compliance with agencies. An Assessor can write notes on standards if necessary to allow the Accreditation Manager to note what needs to be added and/or changed to meet compliance. An Assessor can also set the status of the standard being reviewed so the agency knows when the review is complete.

John N.
Sergeant in US

Easy to use document management system.

5 4 years ago

Pros:

PowerDMS is easy to use. We were able to get the system up and running with little administrative training and with very few growing pains. Now we can easily distribute and track documents across all of our regional locations. Incorporating training and testing is simple and effective.

Cons:

Because we use PowerDMS so heavily, downloading backup files can take a great deal of time. That is all.

Sharmel M.
911 Director in US
Law Enforcement, 11-50 Employees

Why PowerDMS

5 2 years ago

Comments: User Friendly

Pros:

I like that the employees can compare policy revisions and the ability to have documents or certifications at their fingertips.

Cons:

I have yet to find anything that I don't like about the product. At the beginning it was difficult to grasp. With the tools provided and support problems were alleviated quickly.

Jessica L.
Dispatch Supervisor in US
Public Safety, 51-200 Employees

Easy tracking of employee completed review and training.

5 4 years ago

Pros:

Being able to reach all employees with training at one time without inundating them with emails. The ability to use different methods also keeps training from becoming mundane.

Cons:

Has taken me quite some time to become familiar with many of the functions. I was not part of the implementation team and our use of this program has grown beyond its original intent.

Law Enforcement, 51-200 Employees

PowerDMS is a great service to maintain policies and conduct training for members of my agency.

5 4 years ago

Comments: Customer Service is very responsive to critiques from users. The developers are constantly accepting input from users to make improvements to the service.

Pros:

Current version of policy documents available to all employees, archive of previous versions of policies and documents, training material available to employees at a time convenient to the employee.

David V.
David V.
Police Accreditation Manager in US
Airlines/Aviation, 51-200 Employees

Powerhouse software for document, training and policy management.

5 4 years ago

Comments: This software manages policy and accreditation files. It's used as a central location for users to access any documents or forms related to their jobs.

Pros:

The search functionality makes find exactly what you need a breeze. Imagine having a google-like search of all your policies and documents.

Cons:

There is a learning curve to using this software as it is very feature-rich. However, the on-boarding and training offered is great and the support team as well as the user-driven support community are second to none.

Professional Development and Training Manager for the Cornell Police in US
Higher Education

I really like the interface

4 4 years ago

Comments: It provides a lot of assistance with document management and training.

Pros:

Accreditation, document management, and training are a lot easier with PowerDMS. It allows us to get work done more efficiently.

Cons:

The software needs to be more user-friendly. There are a lot of issues with updates and when PowerDMS tries to pushupdates in the middle of the day it is very inconvenient. We've had numerous software bugs, and it causes a lot of problems when we are trying to perform our daily operations.

Carl B.
Captain in US
Law Enforcement, 501-1,000 Employees

Excellent software program that provides a number of useful functions and allows easy access to form

4 5 years ago

Comments: Ease of use; storage medium for numerous documents.

Pros:

The software is easy to use and even for novice computer users the software is forgiving. Forms and documents are easy to locate with the search function and download in multiple formats. Entry of new documents is an extremely simple process.

Cons:

No ability to create distinct subfolders after the first level. We would like the ability create an indefinite number of subfolders to allow us to place documents into a hierarchical structure.

Brittany B.
Accreditation assistant in US
Law Enforcement, 501-1,000 Employees

PowerDMS

5 last year

Pros:

Excellent platform when attempting to get information out to your organization

Cons:

I think the people who don’t generally work off of a “table of contents” style program may have trouble, there are lots of “levels” when getting deeper into the program

Megan S.
Accreditation Manager in US

PowerDMS has help streamline my accreditation assessment & policy management and distribution.

5 4 years ago

Pros:

The software is very user friendly and it have excellence customer support. My agency has become 90% paperless because of this software.

Cons:

Nothing at this time. I have no complaints, issues, or concerns about the PowerDMS product. We utilize the entire suite of products.